All Comments on 'To Cheat or Not to Cheat'

by barney69r

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
awful and sad... and badly written

I have a friend of mine is whise wife suffers from really serious debilitating migranes headaches. Sometimes three or four times a month... And she suffers from depression. My friend's wife is 50 years old works and home and makes over $100K s .... WORKING at Home!! Both of their kids are in the gifted school programs and are constantly winning awards.

Their sex life was dropped to zero. Or next to zero because she is always suffering from depression and from migraine headaches ( the two are strongly connected with women). My friend has put up with a for 15 years and over the last five years the migraine headaches have become worse and far more frequent. He has begged hear to seek help with a neurologist or headache specialist or even to seek help in dealing with her depression.

She refuses. Now her friend says it over the past several months his wife has suddenly become a lot more interest in sex. The problem is he has lost interest:

He is afraid that once they start down this road and he is going to change her mind or pull some others stunt. Sometimes after sex ... the wife gets a migraine attack. Which is really on because supposedly sex reduces stress. But if she is getting migraine attacks while havign sex ort right after words... then whats the point?

She has a illness ...a physiological condition which she knows is a problem and she refuses to do anything about it. Marriage over. And if at some point she decides that it's time to take care of this problem and get therapy and medical help... The marriage is still dead. My friend has been putting up with this for long period of time

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
a new low in stupid ...

the mask thing was OBVIOUS and did not fool ANYONE. There is no possible reason to take this bitch back.

So she lost some weight . Big fucking deal. First off the idiot super wimp husband was never able to get a straight answers from the doctors about what the wife's health issues actually from years ago. Now we are told that she has hormomal inbalance. so?.... How does hw KNOW that?

Moreover when the wife began to lose it... and before she was too far gone the husband tried MANY times to get her to seek help.

nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
You have got to be kidding...

This actually started out pretty good and then...?

Enough said, except yet again another very disappointing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
one word

horrible

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Crazy Tale

A man would never wait six years for his wife to wake up. Enough of that.

You have an interesting style. Keep writing. You'll only get better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
NOT a bad story

I disagree with the other comments about the "wimpy" husband and the sick wife.

Depression is a mental condition which can be caused by physical conditions. The earliest doctors may not have had the knowledge or training to detect the root of the problem. Also, true love can put up with things that make other people think they are crazy (drug users, alcoholics, etc.).

This is not a quick sex story, it is an emotional, romantic, story.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
way out story

so what happened to all those doctors who coud not fiqure out her problem. hormone inbalance is not a secret for a women that age and before menapause is a comon problem for some.. it just doesnot make sense and to get all that weight off and find herself so quikly just does not add up.. weak story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
i can hear the cries now as the man tells his wife i fucked her it was my hormones

hormones hell u cheating bastard. Women have a million excuses for everything they do, u fuck up someones life for six years and its just a hormone problem. Tell you what if a man was so stupid to go back to such a woman he needs to play russian rouletter with an automatic with a full clip. And Rachael running around behind his back double dealing him, yeah some friend, get a real life.

cabbie47cabbie47over 11 years ago
Yes, there are holes in the plot

but you have a nice writing style and the story clearly carried even the naysayers along to the conclusion. I can't see you getting high marks for this. Some would have marked you higher if you'd included a sizzling sex scene with Rachel for them to masturbate over! But that would have destroyed the story, of course. Many, of course, will say "true love? on here?" and simply mark you down because there's no sexual cheating and no revenge.

You can write - so write some more.

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Weird Storyline.***

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Bob is a nasty piece of work. TTB stories need to go both ways.

Since when is not getting any "hell?" Get a divorce if sex means more than the love he supposedly expressed for his wife by completely ignoring her depression. No, I'm not buying that trip to the clinic in the slightest.

His wife is blatantly suffering from severe clinical depressions, with symptoms anyone but someone looking to cheat on his wife would recognize. He then proceeds to claim he never cheated with his wife by pulling out the Bill Clinton lie. And yeah, that is a lie - whatever good attributes Clinton might have had as president, he was a sack of cheating garbage. Your wife sticks another man's cock in her mouth, she's a cheating whore. You do the same with another woman, you're a cheating shit. No half way, no excuses.

He further goes on to ignore increasingly more severe symptoms of mental illness in his wife, leaving his daughter to fix what HE as a husband should have given a shit. WHen his daughter and his wife get her problems fixed, he pretends he still wants her and then demands a hall pass to "compensate" the woman he's been cheating with for her whorish and adulterous "support" of a cheating husband?

Honestly, the dude needs to end up homeless, penniless and jobless, and that little whore he was fucking should end up the same. If Rachel had been married while she was cheating with Bob rather than getting a divorce, no matter how awful her marriage was, she'd be called a whore and rightly so. Bob is off the hook? Bullshit.

Low stars for a poorly executed story. Since the only character you wrote with any sympathetic qualities is Melody, and the plot, as well as Bob's horribly crafted excuses don't stand together, they make it a horrible read.

CazzDCazzDover 11 years ago
Taking it too seriously!!

I enjoyed this little ditty. It was a nice piece of fiction writing!! Sure there could have been a bit more detail, than again it was fine without it.

It certainly has a few parallels to real life with many marriages becoming stale due to complatency etc.. Don't take the negative comments to seriously, just work on character and plot development and your writing can only improve. Good work here though. 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It was her hormones?

That's your solution? Hormonal imbalance? Well fuck me! I couldn't have robbed that bank your honor, it was my hormones, not the real me. Sure I was driving drunk, your honor, my hormones were thirsty so blame my hormones not me!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Fifteen pounds a MONTH???

If we grant that she COULD loose 15 pounds a month for 6 months (which ALSO requires us to grant that 'hormone imbalance' is beyond the medical capabilities of the 'local yokels!'), it STILL leaves us with a BUNCH of floppy skin all over her body! Not a pretty sight and quite possibly a condition which would require surgery to remove! An even LESS pretty sight! And I guess the 'HI' got fixed within the week with a low-cost pill and no necessity to make significant adjustments! BOOM, Sweetie's Back!

Yeah, and none of the 'local yokels' figured out the mask ploy! And the 'all us girls need to help each other' actions of Rache!'

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
put it in non erotic next time

1 star for you

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
YES OF NO

verify and confirm your options first, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Even a whore moans

When she reads this story. This is the thirtieth story in LW with a bitchy wife where I turns out to be hormones. Utterly predictable, uncreative, same old same old.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This guy was such a selfish bastard I wanted someone to kick him in the nads. His wife is clearly depressed, severely so, but he's boo-hooing about no sex. Well maybe if he would have shown his love and the "in sickness and in health" part of his vows and taken care of his wife he would have gotten some.

And the bastard cheated even if it wasn't sex. But he and the other woman get to be "compensated" for cheating? Yeah okayyyy. Cathy should have taken her reclaimed health and told Bob to hit the road,

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
I completely agree with the prior comment

I despised this guy.

But, you know what? It was an actual story, and a pretty well-written one at that. So, already improvement from the other posting. It could have used some more development, and perhaps a "realism editor," but I did understand hubby, and felt for wife, and even kind of liked the mistress. The writing about the legal process shows a complete lack of knowledge on the part of the author, but I can overlook that.

I can't say I enjoyed the story, since I disliked the self-centered husband so much, but I was interested in the story.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
Nicely done

A well thought out storyline and a well written story.

A man can put up with only so much, and six years is a long time living with someone who didn't love him back.

Thanks for the read.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Very Good Premise > so-so Execution > Extremely Artificial Conclusion !

This reminds me of very early Slirpuff,who now is a writer of the first rank, but started out very raw with mega-potential. Barney69r deserves credit for avoiding a cliche-ridden, yet realistic theme. At the end, I was very curious to have the reformed, bon-bon gorging wife speak & hear her story in terms of how she turned things completely around.

As a premiere effort, this could have been much worse. Slirpuff & this fictional housewife have improved greatly with due diligence & so can Barney69r. Usually I demur from voting from stories of this standard, if it hurts the average score. ****s here because it will raise the median & hopefully encourage the author to hone his craft.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not a great start on the road to Lit fame when in the similar stories column there are two references to x-doenut-x tales.

Those being 'My wife a les?' (perish the thought) and 'My wife a stripper?' (shirley some mistake). I urge everybody to read them (don't thank me john) to see how fucking bland LW can be.

I much preferred Independence Day cos it said it all in the title and I got that. Keep writing. Try and find a median between extremism. Thanks.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 11 years ago
Very Realistic Portrayal (Despite the Fairy Tale Ending)

A friend of mine went through almost this exact scenario. His wife got bigger and bigger and meaner and meaner to the point that their late-teen kids wouldn't go home if she was there. He tried to get her to go to a clinic over and over, but she would not go. Finally he gave up and filed for divorce and had a 2-year war with the attorneys getting most of his money. Eventually he gave her about everything just to get rid of her. The good news is that he met a very fine younger lady and they are very happy together. I don't know what happened to his first wife. I knew them both well. Back to this story - I thought it was well written but the ending is a nice fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Obvious

Not too bad, spoiled by the obvious ending.

debbie2freedebbie2freeover 11 years ago
Sorry bad sell

If this was the other way around all you guys would say the woman was a whore but since its a guy getting oral its fine?pretty shite husband if he did not do anything bout his wife losing that much memory or even make her go to the dr

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago

I'd divorce his cheating ass! Just because he didn't actually stick his dick in any woman that doesn't mean he's not a cheater, getting oral or receiving oral or masterbating in front of another woman is in fact cheating ! If he wasn't happy with his wife common sense would've been to divorce her not go behind her back & get sexual relief from another woman for six months. If the wife pulled some shit like he did he'd be royally pissed. I don't understand their marriage/relationship, they haven't talked or had sex in 6 years & he didn't think to force the issue? My husban throws a bitch fit if we don't fuck at least every day or every 2 days. Sex is part of our relationship it's our way of becoming one with each other, it's our way of showing our love for each other so I can't begin to imagine not having sex for six years. Do I think this gave the husband the power to fuck around on his sexless marriage/wife yes & no, yes because I was brought up to believe if you don't give your man what he needs there's plenty of skanks who can & will, so I get the husband but at the same time he should've gave her an ultimatum either seek professional help or I will get my needs taken care of somewhere else. But these two had way more problems than sex, they barely spoke to each other, they don't even sleep in the same bed, the wife wasn't even aware that her husband has moved out on her 3 months ago! What type of marriage was this? That's proof that they were two married people living in the same house but was living separate lives its like they're roommates than husband & wife. The wife obviously was going through some things & although the husband did his best to understand he allowed his wife's condition to get worst over a period of time, he could've forced his wife to see a doctor but instead he chosed to live with it for 6 years, sometimes men can be complete asses but not in this husbands case, although he found release elsewhere which I think was very wrong. The wife couldn't see anything wrong, it's like she's been living in her own little universe for the past six years. I really don't understand how they were able to stay married when neither of them was happy. The husband was frustrated & the wife thought he was being paranoid. Communication wasn't part of their marriage. If she's okay with what he's done more power to her but if that was me I'd cut it off to prevent that from happening again.

norcal62norcal62over 11 years ago
Just too unbelievable plot to accept.

Whole wife plot and women's actions spoiled the story. Husband's action were simply a story, and not really bad.

Dubby49Dubby49over 11 years ago
The comments are funnier

than the story. Get a life guys. The author is entitled to create his own world. If you want reality - go home.

HalfAsianWhoaHalfAsianWhoaover 11 years ago
Unbelieveable.

If it was just a simple horomone imbalance they'd have found that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Doing ok

Right until the end. Which was unbelievable even for a fictional tale. After 6 years, in 6 months, she is "cured", looses the weight and totally transforms her attitude? I don't think there's anyway that he would have agreed to the date and at the end, in court, I think he gets the divorce. Let her prove over a long period of time that she has, indeed, changed. Otherwise 6 years prove her to be a bitch that he's better off without. Ugh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Should have cheated and done it years ago

I find it highly unlikely a man would stay in a relationship with a woman as messed up as his wife. And then NOT fuck Rachel. That just stretches the imagination too far. The husband should have divorced the wife 4 years ago ( 2 years is plenty of time to "discover" a problem"). I did enjoy your writing but the actions of the people involved just didn't seem plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Everything is fine, now leave me alone."

Over six and a half years ?

I would have maybe lasted two.

Yes, the vows say in sickness and in health,but as he did say, she abandoned him.

I have a hard time with her sudden change and recovery/return, after all that she said and did.

textosteronetextosteroneover 10 years ago
Maybe 2 years but over 6?

Like others I may have lasted 2 years. Maybe.

I liked the story even though I saw the Kelly/Cathy "mask" thing as it was happening.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Kidnapped by Aliens Makes More Sense

Whether when writing something exceptionally stupid one has the intelligence not to publish---

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
so why

Why didn't she starve to death after he left?

Where were her groceries coming from?

It only takes an average person about six weeks to starve to death.

An obese person could survive longer, but the lack of nutrients other than fat would be harmful or deadly.

She did not realize he was gone for three months?

Really the damage to their relationship from her "abandonment" should have destroyed their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

Absurd plot. No sex. So 1/5.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Enjoyed

That was a very different LW story. A very good one.

notredame43notredame43about 5 years ago
well that was different

I cant say id put up with what he did for 6 years though. nice job though ill give you that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I Love It

5 stars for originality. And it was well written.

QuintiusQuintiusabout 4 years ago
I actually quite liked the idea behind this story...

I was surprised at how many of the comments it's gotten are negative but then I remembered this is Loving Wives, where all a woman has to do is say no once and she's a disgusting slut cheater who should have her tits cut off with a hatchet and left to bleed to death in a swamp.

In all seriousness, I enjoyed the premise of this story. Despite what the commenters would have one believe, most real men WOULD stick around in their marriage a few years with a wife like Cathy, especially with 15+ good years invested and a daughter involved. A real man wouldn't just abandon his wife without trying everything he could to reclaim his marriage first. While I don't at all approve of his cheating with Rachel, despite the quibbling about not going all the way, I think he was right about the time when it was correct to give Cathy an ultimatum. Six years of trying and failing to get her to help herself and become a wife and mother again was enough. For the sake of his own well being and mental and emotional health, it was time for them to shit or get off the pot. Luckily for them his moving out and starting the divorce procedures was enough to wake her up and get help for herself.

Those were the good parts to this story. The not-very-good parts were the cheating and how damned fast the story ended. Living with Rachel, dating, and having sex with her, even if it wasn't vaginal or anal, was not cool. Not only are cheaters complete douchebags, but he essentially led Rachel on for months and months, only to all but drop her when Cathy came back. Hell, he was telling her he was going to fuck her in the same conversation as he was raving about how awesome "Kelly" was and how he wanted Rachel to set him up with her again. These are not the words and actions of a good person. As for the weekend of fucking they had for her helping him and Cathy out, yeah, that's shitty too. Sure, technically it turned into a sharing type situation as Cathy gave her grudging permission, but it was still not my thing. Honestly, Rachel deserved better.

The real disappointment was how quickly everything ended. Cathy had her silly reveal in front of the judge, which no actual judge would have tolerated, Bob saw she was thin and had her libido back, and everything's hunky-dory. No mention of possible counseling for their severe issues with one another, no mention of Bob's three plus months of cheating and living with another woman, no mention of their daughter and how she felt about the immature behavior of her parents, no mention of what Cathy really went through in counseling and how difficult her therapy, weight loss, and hormone treatment was, no mention of any apologies or atonement Cathy gave for the six years of hellish purgatory she put their marriage into...

"Hey, I'm sexy again and have my libido back, we good?"

"Ayup, still gotta fuck Rachel, though."

"Coo."

Just not enough. This story started so well and deserved a far more in-depth and emotionally charged interaction for me to buy a reconciliation. Bob and Cathy had a LOT of problems to go over including six plus years of neglect and months of infidelity. One doesn't just let bygones be bygones in this situation and carry on as though those things never happened. It was a good premise with a promising start but it fell flat in the end.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous