Todd & Marty's New Beginning Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yep, definitely Marty Saybrooke," Todd said quietly as he read that the patient had Lupus and had been gang-raped. His eyes about popped out of his head when he read on, seeing that an ultrasound had confirmed a pregnancy in the third month.

Todd wasn't that good at math, but he was able to think back to three months ago and recall those two erotic incidences at Marty's place where they had made wild and passionate love. Could the child Marty carried be his?

Silently, Todd entered Marty's hospital room. She looked like a sweet angel sleeping there. Tenderly his hand reached out and he caressed her cheek. "Marty, I'm here," he said in a soft whisper.

Marty's eyes opened groggily and when she saw Todd, she jumped back. "Leave me alone!" she screamed. She tried to scramble out of the bed to get away from him. "HELP ME!" she yelled, hoping a passing doctor or nurse would hear her. She frantically searched for the call button to alert the nurse.

Hearing Marty's screams, Todd cringed. He immediately grabbed her up in his steely arms, holding her tight so she could not struggle. He cupped his hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming. "Ohhh God Marty, please don't scream. They'll take me and lock me up again," Todd said as he looked down into her frightened face. "Please listen to me. I don't know what happened the other night.... but I love you! I love you so much... and I couldn't have did what they are accusing me of... I could never hurt you that way."

"If you promise you won't scream, I'll take my hand away, Marty... Will you listen to me? Do you promise not to scream?" Todd begged.

Marty whimpered in fear because when he grabbed her flashbacks of the night before hit her. She tried to struggle free from his grasp. She needed to get away from him before he hurt her again.

"Marty, please stop..." Todd pleaded as he held her in his arms so tightly to keep her from struggling. "I need to talk to you."

"Listen, they arrested me on charges of rape. They say I hurt you. I wouldn't do that," Todd spoke as he looked into her scared blue eyes. "I've done some rotten things in my life, but I could never hurt you. I've been such an ass to you... I know it... but I need to tell you why...."

He kept his hand cupped tight over her mouth so she wouldn't scream. That's all he needed; to be locked up in that awful cell again. "Marty, I--- I love you. I've never said those words to anyone before. Never. But it's true. And those feelings scared me out of my mind. I wanted you so much... but all I could do was be an ass to you, cause I was scared. I am so sorry."

"To be honest, I don't know for sure what happened the night of the Spring Fling. I had taken a lot of drugs... A WHOLE LOT of drugs and I wasn't thinking clearly. But the police say someone raped you. All I remember is making love to you.... if someone hurt you... you have to tell me who he is," Todd spoke. "Cause I will hunt him down and rip him apart piece by piece with my bare hands."

"If I take my hand away now... do you promise not to scream?" Todd asked.

Marty swallowed then nodded slowly. She promised him with her eyes that she wouldn't scream. But Todd had to know he had done this. He was the one who started it that night. He raped her first, followed by Zach then Powell.

Looking down into Marty's lovely face, Todd slowly moved his hand away. He still held her in a tight grip so she wouldn't call for a nurse and he kept his hand right next to the pillow beside her so that if she began screaming again, he could easily stop her from calling out for anyone.

"Okay, Marty, what happened? Who hurt you?" Todd asked as he gently caressed her hair back from her face. "Was it Powell? Zach? You gotta tell me..."

Marty was shaking from fear as she began to speak. "It...was the three of you. Y-you first, then Zach and then Powell," she choked out. "I was only trying to sleep up in Kevin's room when all three of you came in. You wouldn't stop; I begged you to stop."

Todd listened as a look of horror came to his face. "No... noooo ... NO," he gasped out. "I couldn't... I wouldn't..."

But bits and pieces of memories were coming back. He remembered tears on Marty's face and her begging him to stop. Could it be true... could he have actually raped the woman he loved?

"Marty, ohhh God... say it isn't true," he said, but deep down he knew that it was.

"I --- I wish I could," she said sadly. "But it's true. I still don't know why you did it." She didn't know what to think really. She was just so hurt and now things were so crazy with her being pregnant, too.

Todd was actually knocked to his knees beside Marty's bed when he heard her words. He didn't remember every detail, but Marty wouldn't lie to him about this. He knew she was telling the truth. It hurt like a knife in his chest. He could barely breathe.

Tears started running from his eyes as Todd Manning cried for the first time since he was a small boy of eight years old. "My dad was always right, I am a monster," he said in a choked voice.

"Marty, I'm so sorry... if I could take it back, I would, but I never can...." he said as he lay his head against her stomach and he cried like a little child. "I have to go back... so they can lock me up... but I don't want to leave you, I don't."

Marty didn't know what to say or do; was Todd really sorry? Or was this some kind of act to make her feel pity for him? Was he going to claim being mentally insane just to get out a long jail sentence? She just didn't know what to do or even what to feel right now.

With hot tears streaking his face, Todd looked up at Marty where his head was pressed to her tummy. "Marty, I DO love you..." he said in a whisper. "Don't forget that."

He stood. "I gotta go," he said sorrowfully. "Back to the jail where all rapists belong..."

He started to walk out the door. "One more thing though...." he spoke turning to look at her. "Is it true? Are you pregnant with my child?"

Marty looked at Todd in shock. " H-how did you know that?" she asked in surprise. She had only told Kevin and Meg; how did Todd know it was his baby???

Todd shrugged. "It doesn't matter how I know...." he said softly. "I just need to know... is it true? Is the baby mine?"

"Yes," Marty said quietly. "It is." Even though she hadn't wanted Todd to know, he already knew obviously so there was no use in keeping it a secret now..... Or should she have lied?

Todd stared as Marty spoke the words, his heart turning over in his chest. "I've fucked everything up, haven't I? You, me, the baby... things could have been so much different.... If I wasn't such an ass... If I wasn't such a monster," Todd spoke as he lay his hand on the door. "But it's too late for me. It's not too late for you, Marty. Take good care of yourself... and our baby..." He choked out the last words as he walked away. In the hallway, he was grabbed by a prison guard. He didn't even fight when they drug him away.

In the meantime, Megan had returned from the cafeteria, carrying a cup of coffee. She got there just in time to see Todd Manning pulled away by a prison guard. "Oh my God, Marty, what happened?!" she asked worriedly as she burst into the room. "Did that asshole hurt you again?!"

Marty shook her head. "No," she said softly. She then told Megan the whole story. She was feeling so dazed and she wasn't sure what to think of everything Todd had said.

"How can the man just have totally forgot that he had raped you, Marty? Is he totally messed up on drugs? Mental? Or what?" Megan said shaking her head. "Marty, what are you going to do about all of this?"

"He admitted to being heavily on drugs. I don't what or how much he took. So I just don't know," Marty said softly. "I don't know, Meg... but this baby...it's a part of me, too."

"Yes, it is.... and you have no family left... only your aunt, and she's in Ireland. You don't even seem to get along with her," Megan reminded as she took Marty's hand in hers. "So have you decided to keep the baby? What about Todd, do you think he'll get out... and want to see the child?"

"I'll keep the baby. I don't know... Todd actually went willingly and told me to take care of the baby. He said something about how he was a monster."

Megan looked at Marty, a little unsure of what she was hearing. "Marty, are you saying you might actually have feelings for Todd? I know you slept with him a couple of times... but is that all there was to it? Or maybe.... is there more?" asked Megan.

" I don't know what I feel," Marty sobbed. "I thought I could have feelings for him at first, but he was so mean. Why should I like him or even care?"

Megan nodded. It sounded complicated. Here Marty was three months pregnant... and her baby's father was her rapist. What could be more complicated than that? "I don't know what to say...... I just hope he gets some help in jail. Drug Rehab... Counseling, whatever he needs," said Megan.

"Marty, if you're sure you'll be okay, I need to go home for awhile. If you need anything... anything at all, just call me," Megan said as she kissed her friend's cheek. She then quietly left.

Not long after Megan's departure, Dr. Larry Wolek came in. "How's my favorite patient?" he asked as he was glancing over the records of Marty's medical file.

He walked over to the bed and smiled at Marty. "You're looking much better today, my dear. Your color is coming back," he said as he quickly examined her. Softly he placed a hand over her still flat tummy.

"Have you made any decisions yet about your pregnancy?" he asked. He didn't want to push her into a decision, but time was running out and she needed to make a choice as soon as possible.

As he stood there, looking at Marty, he thought about the things Todd Manning had said as he was in de-tox. Patient confidentiality kept him from telling Marty exactly what he had heard. From the sound of things, Todd was remorseful for what he had done to Marty. The man was clearly messed up and needed a lot of counseling. Larry just couldn't get over the mournful sound of Todd's voice as he had called out Marty's name.

Larry loved Marty like his own daughter and all he wanted was to see this young woman healthy and happy. Ever since she had been diagnosed with Lupus, Larry had been there for her. No matter what, he would have done absolutely anything for Marty. Now he didn't know what to do, because as much as he wanted to hate Todd Manning, he had a feeling that the man who was behind bars for Marty's rape was actually madly in love with the woman he had brutalized.

*~*

With Tina's urging, Vicki had decided to go see her brother in jail. She had to find out if the charges against him were true. She also had to tell him about his parentage along with his sizable inheritance. She was just about ready to walk out the door, when her daughter Megan came in.

"Hi, honey," Vicki said, giving her oldest daughter a big hug.

"Hi, Mom," said Megan as she hugged her mother so tight.

"What is it, baby? What's wrong?" Vicki asked, sensing her daughter's agitation.

"Ohhh Mom, I just left Marty's hospital room. She was raped. It was sooo soooo horrible. She's my dearest friend... and she's such a good person... How could anyone have done something this awful to her?" Megan said sadly.

"I don't know, sweetie... but Kevin called earlier. He told me about what happened. Tina mentioned it, too. I feel so bad for Marty. Is she going to be okay?"

"Yeah, Larry said that physically she's going to be fine... but I don't know, Mom. She just found out she's three months pregnant."

"Pregnant?" Vicki gasped. "Oh my God, does--- does she know who the baby's father is?"

"She says the baby belongs to Todd Manning, one of the men that raped her."

Vicki raised her hands to her face as she was overcome with shock. "Todd Manning is my brother....." Vicki told Megan. "He's your uncle."

"What?! That CAN'T be!" Megan gasped. "Oh my God, no!"

"It's true. I just found out myself. And now with him in jail and accused of rape, I just don't know what to do or how to react. Tina said I should go to the jail... and try to talk to him."

"Aunt Tina is wrong. It's Marty that needs you now, Mom. Not Todd," said Megan. "The baby she carries, if it is Todd's; it is YOUR niece or nephew. Please, Mom....don't go to Todd now.... Marty's parents died when she was young; she needs you now."

"You're right, Megan. I'll go and see her right away," said Vicki as she kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Thanks, Mom," Megan said with relief. "I'll stay here with Jessi; you go see Marty." Megan had been looking forward to spending some time with her little sister.

*~*

"As unexpected as this was and as horrible as it might turn out in the end, I'd like to keep the baby; it is a part of me," Marty said. "It's going to be hard, but I don't think it would be fair to terminate the pregnancy."

Larry smiled at Marty as he gently patted her hand. "I support your decision fully. You see, my wife and I lost our little girl at birth... and I know where you are coming from," spoke Larry. "This child will bring you joy. I know that, Marty."

"As long as you are feeling strong enough, you may check out of the hospital in the morning. You will still need to come see me for regular check-ups though... and don't forget to take your medications for your Lupus. Now more than ever, you don't want to have a flare-up. And about the drinking, it's going to have to stop," Larry warned. "You have the baby to think of now. And the alcohol could cause harm, not to mention complications with your Lupus."

"Right now, the baby you carry looks perfectly healthy. I just want both you and the baby to stay that way," Larry said gently.

Marty nodded. "I know, Dr. Wolek. I'll listen to everything you say and I'll do things right and take care of myself and this baby," she promised.

Then she looked at the doctor with a worried expression on her face. "W-will my Lupus affect the baby in any way?"

"The baby should be fine as long as you avoid alcohol, take your meds and follow doctors orders," said Larry with a kind smile. "It's you I worry about. Pregnancy can be a stress on the body and any sort of stress can cause a flare-up. You will have to take your temperature several times a day... and at the first sign of a fever, you need to get to the hospital right away."

Larry placed a soft kiss on Marty's cheek. "I am gonna go and let you get some rest now. I'll be here in the morning when you check out," he promised.

Larry walked out in the hallway and was a bit surprised to see Vicki standing there. "Hey, Vicki. How are you?" Larry asked the woman he still thought of as his sister-in-law despite his wife Meredith's death.

"I'm here to see Marty Saybrooke. How's she doing Larry?"

"She's doing okay. She could really use her friends though. Thanks for coming, Vicki."

"Awww... you're welcome," said Vicki, seeing Larry begin to walk away. "Uhhhh Larry, you wouldn't by chance know Todd Manning, would you?"

"Ummmm... yeah, he's a patient of mine..." Larry said as his curiosity peaked. "What's your interest in Todd Manning, Vicki?"

"I just found out three days ago that he's my younger brother. It appears my father...... you know, got around," said Vicki. "The fact is, he and Tina are full brother and sister. Irene, my best friend in college, is Todd's mother."

"Wow, I had no idea," Larry said in surprise. "I suppose you know, he's been accused of being one of the men who raped Marty."

"Yes, I've heard. I wanted to be here for Marty through all of this. Her parents died, and she doesn't have anyone."

"I know," Larry said with a small smile. "I have kind of taken her under my wing. She's like the daughter Meredith and I could have had."

Vicki hugged Larry tight. "Dr. Larry Wolek, you are such a good man," she said kissing his cheek.

"Thanks," he said with a grin. "I better get back to work."

After Larry disappeared down the hallway, Vicki gently rapped on Marty's hospital room door. "Marty, it's Vicki Buchanan, may I come in?" she called out.

*~*

Todd was taken back to his jail cell after his little stunt in the hospital. It was decided that if he was well enough to rip out his IV and take a stroll around the hospital, then he was well enough to return to jail. Once in his cell, Rebecca came to see him.

"Rebecca," he said as he stood and came over to the bars of his cell. "I need you to help me. I need you to tell my lawyer I want to change my plea to guilty. I did rape Marty Saybrooke. Memories are starting to come back to me... vague ones... but I know that I hurt her that night of the Spring Fling. I deserve to pay for my crime."

"I'll do what I can to try to help you, Todd," Rebecca promised. "I will contact your lawyer and let her know you are changing your plea."

"Thank you, Rebecca. And could we talk about saving my soul now?" Todd asked as he sat down on his small cot, looking at his hands.

Rebecca looked surprised. Todd had made a major turn around since she had last came to see him. He even wanted to talk about religion now. "Of course," said Rebecca. She called for the guard and then entered Todd's cell. Taking a chair, she sat down close to him.

"What would you like to talk about?" she asked him.

"I've done some really bad things."

"Like what?"

"I hurt Marty. All I really wanted to do was to love her... but I was scared to share my feelings with her... so instead, I did hurtful things. I hate myself for hurting her as I did. And the ultimate act that is entirely unforgivable was when I raped her the night of the Spring Fling. I deserve to die for that. If there was a way, I would end it now."

"Are you talking about killing yourself, Todd?" Rebecca asked in alarm.

"Maybe I am."

12