Todd & Marty's New Beginning Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marty looked around the house feeling uncomfortable about parting with the only physical tie she had left with her parents. "I don't know if I could part with it yet, but maybe we can move out my stuff, and I could rent the place out for a bit. And I could decide if I want to sell it later,' Marty said.

She then smiled at her friend. "I'm so happy that you've found a guy you like, Meg," she said honestly.

"You'll really like him, Marty," said Megan as they talked about her new boyfriend Jake. "He's so handsome and smart. He's everything I ever dreamed of in a guy."

"With my health not the best and my Lupus so out of control, I really needed someone like him to come along, to be there for me and make me see the good in life once again," spoke Megan as she continued to help Marty pack up her things.

"Well first chance I get, I want to meet this guy and make sure he's being good to you," Marty said with a smile.

"I can understand if you're not ready to sell this house yet. You've lived her all your life. But I was kind of thinking we might have the piano moved over to Mom's place. There would be room for it in your bedroom there or perhaps in the parlor... We both know how you love to play," said Megan. "What do you think?"

Just then the telephone rang and Megan excused herself to answer it. After she hung up from the call, she said cheerfully to Marty, "That was my mom. She said whenever you have your stuff ready, you can move right in. She also said you can have the bedroom next to Jessi's, if that's okay with you..."

"Oh my gosh, I would love it if I could have the piano over there," Marty admitted. "It would be so great!" Then she smiled. "I don't mind at all having the room next to Jessi's, not a problem at all."

Megan helped Marty carry her packed items out to the car. After they got the car loaded, Megan called the movers and made arrangements for Marty's piano to be moved to Llanfair the following day. "At least you'll have your beloved piano. I know how you love that thing so much," laughed Megan. "Too bad I don't have any musical ability, otherwise I'd let you teach me how to play."

"And yeah, I will bring Jake over to meet my mom and everyone very soon, I promise. Right now though, I want him all to myself for awhile," said Megan with a small giggle. "Wait till you see him, Marty. The man just oozes hotness!"

"I'm sure when you get to Mom's, she, Clint and Cord will be able to help you unpack your things. Cord is this really nice guy. So sweet, just like my stepdad. But Tina... she's such a witch. I don't know how my mom and Cord put up with her. C.J. and Sarah are such sweet kids, and thank God they don't act anything like Aunt Tina," said Megan as Marty got ready to go. "Call me after you get all settled. Jake and I will stop over."

Marty laughed. "Alright, you have fun and take care. I will call you as soon as I get settled in." She hugged her friend before she got into her car and prepared to leave.

*~*

Vicki had just told Jessica the news that Marty was coming to live with them. "Ohhh great, Mom. I love Marty so much," said the little girl as she hugged her mother excitedly. "Can she have the room next to mine? Please, Mom... please."

"We'll see, honey," said Vicki, kissing Jessica atop her blond head.

Tina walked into the living room. "So, Vicki, how did it go at the jail? What did Todd say?" she asked.

"Tina, this is hardly the conversation we should be having in front of Jessica," said Vicki.

"Jessi~honey, go into the kitchen.... I think Cooke is fixing some brownies just for you," Vicki said to her young daughter.

After Jessi had left the room, Vicki sighed. "Todd admitted he raped Marty Saybrooke," said Vicki. "And he's in state of deep shock, finding out he's our brother."

"I bet he is," said Tina as she walked over to the decanter to pour herself some brandy. As she sipped at the liquid, she looked over at her sister. "Do you think Todd really raped Marty Saybrooke? I've heard about that girl.... She gets around, if you know what I mean."

"Tina, you shouldn't make judgements. Marty is a nice girl, and Kevin and Megan's friend. No matter what her reputation is, she doesn't deserve to be raped. It sickens me that this has happened. Especially with our father's past.... he wasn't exactly the greatest dad. He had a sick mind; he forced himself on me when I was a mere child, and he coerced my best friend who was my age into bed with him. With Todd having our father's genes, I worry," said Vicki as she sank down on the love seat. "But one thing makes me feel better in all of this. Todd claims he actually loves Marty... and he told me he would try to change, so he could be a better man for both Marty... and their baby."

"Baby?!" Tina gasped, spitting out some of her drink. "Marty's pregnant?!"

"Yes, she's three months along... with our brother's child."

"Oh my God, that is so messed up. Marty the Party Girl is carrying Todd the Rapist's baby," laughed Tina.

"Stop it, Tina. This is nothing to joke about. As I said before, Marty is a nice girl... and well, I've asked her to live here with us."

"You did what?" Tina yelled, her blue eyes shooting sparks as she glared at her sister. "You asked that girl to move in here???"

"Yes, I did. I care about her... and the child she carries, it is our niece or nephew," Vicki spoke.

"I don't want her here... no way! Because of her, our brother is behind bars!"

"Because of our brother, she just got out of the hospital. Now, Tina... this is MY house, and you will be very gracious to Marty... and if you say one thing off color to her, you will be the one on the street," Vicki warned.

"You wouldn't do that, Vicki...." Tina said, looking a bit worried.

"Try me, Tina. The only reason you are here is because you are married to Cord, my husband's son... and because C.J. and Sarah are my niece and nephew and I happen to love them. Mark my words, if you say anything, anything at all to hurt Marty, you're out on the street."

"Okay, fine then... I'll be nice... but it doesn't mean I have to like it...." Tina said with a heavy sigh. "About Todd though... did you tell him about his inheritance?"

"I haven't had a chance to discuss that with him yet.... but he's going to find out sooner or later."

"Good, maybe then he can hire himself a great lawyer, post his bail, and get out of jail."

"Tina, you haven't met him yet... he's ...." Vicki said, trying to think of the words. "He's something else."

*~*

Todd's new court-appointed attorney arrived to see him. His name was Sam Rappaport. He seemed like an okay dude. Todd was completely straight with him, telling him everything and sparing no small detail. Sam listened intently, taking notes.

"A straight confession will help with the case. I know you are going to have to do time, there is no way around that... but I think I can help you, Todd. I've had a few words with your psychiatrist and also with your doctor, Dr. Larry Wolek. If you tell me everything... and I do mean everything, I think we can build a case in your favor," said Sam.

"Ohhh yeah? What exactly are you talking about?"

"Were you abused as a small child?" Sam asked.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Todd asked, feeling uncomfortable with the subject. He had never ... EVER told another living soul the extent of the abuse he had suffered at the hands of his adopted father.

"It can make or break your case. Todd, you have to be straight with me.... Can you do that?" asked Sam. "I only want to help you... I know it isn't easy, but if anything at all happened... any sort of abuse, it can bring the case into your favor."

Todd sighed. "Yeah, I was abused," he said, the words sticking in his mouth like a soggy peanut butter sandwich.

"Do you think you could share with me what happened?"

"Do you have a couple of hours?" said Todd with a heavy sigh.

Looking at Todd, Sam instantly felt remorse for this young man. "Actually, I do. I am here to help you, Todd...."

Todd looked down at his hands, unable to make eye contact as he tried his best to utter the words. "The abuse was verbal... physical... and sexual," he finally admitted.

Then with Sam's guidance, Todd began to spit it all out. Every single disgusting detail of his adopted father's sick and twisted abuse. By the time Todd was done, tears were swimming in his attorney's eyes. "Todd, I am so sorry," said Sam.

"Yeah, so am I," Todd spoke, sighing heavily. "But I suppose I am no better.... I hurt Marty."

"I know you hurt Marty... and you feel badly about that. But she isn't a defenseless child. What your father did to you was so sick... so twisted and so wrong.... There aren't even words for something as vile as him."

"He always said I was the monster."

"No, he's the monster, Todd. You were his victim."

"Is that why I victimized Marty? Did I want to take the power back?"

"I can't tell you why you did it. Only you know... deep down inside, you know."

Todd looked down at his hands again. "Yeah, I know."

"It wasn't the drugs, not really. I did it out of fear. I was so afraid of my feelings for her.... loving anyone. With love came pain... and I didn't want to lose her... so I held onto her so tight... so tight I hurt her."

"Wow, Todd. I think you're making progress," said Sam as he lightly patted Todd on the back. "And we have a case. Can you tell the courtroom what you just told me here today?"

"No... I don't think I can. I never told anyone all that before, not till you," Todd said, looking frightened.

"It's okay, Todd. I'm going to be there for you through all of this... and so will Ray. We'll both help you."

"I don't want anyone to know what that man did to me. It makes me sick," said Todd. "I don't want Marty to know."

"If you care about her as you say you do, she needs to know. She needs to know what drove you to commit rape that night. You need to tell her so you can both move on with your lives...." Sam spoke. "And the judge is going to go easier on you, hearing all of this. He will realize you were traumatized as a child. No one should have to go through that, Todd. Not ever."

"I could never do that to my kid," Todd said sadly, thinking of the baby Marty carried. He'd never harm a single hair on his own child's tiny head. Every time he thought of the baby, he could only think of how he wanted his kid's life to be so much better than his own had been.

"Sam, could you please get me out of this rotten place? I need to talk to Marty," Todd pleaded.

"Sorry, Todd, my hands are tied. Your bail is set at a quarter of a million dollars. No one I know has that sort of money."

Todd then looked up, seeing a woman standing there outside his jail cell. "I know where you can get the money," she said with a little smile.

"Who are you?" Todd asked curiously.

"I'm Tina... your older sister," she replied.

"Wow, you're my sister, too?" Todd said with a laugh. "Ever since I found out I was adopted, I have all these relatives coming out of the woodwork. Can you believe that, Sam?"

"Okay, Todd. I better go..." said Sam as he stood up. "I'll be back though."

"Thanks, Sam," said Todd as he watched his attorney being let out by the guard.

Through the bars, Tina began talking to her brother. "Vicki said she came to see you," she spoke.

"Yeah she did. Where's that Big Mac I ordered?"

"Very funny," Tina spoke. "So is it true, are you a cold-blooded rapist?"

"What you see is what you get," Todd replied, gesturing to his prison uniform.

Tina sighed. "Don't be sarcastic. I came to post bail and get you out of this place."

"Why would you do that for me?"

"Cause I'm your sister, remember?" Tina said with a shrug.

"There's got to be more to it than that. You don't even know me."

"Maybe you're right... maybe I will want a favor from you in the future," said Tina as she looked at her younger brother behind bars.

"What sort of a favor?"

"Doesn't matter now..... just promise that if I do this for you, you will do something later for me."

"Todd, when our dear old dad died, he left Vicki with a sizable fortune... but he left the brunt of his estate to his illegitimate son. He always wanted a boy," Tina spoke. "I was only ten when you were born. Our mother was terrified of our dad."

"She knew that if he ever found out about your existence, he would come and take you away... and he was a bad man... A very bad man."

"Really? What exactly did he do?"

"He raped our sister Vicki when she was very young. He was cruel to our mother... he treated her like crap. We were always on the run from that man. It was a terrible life," Tina explained. "My mother wanted better for you, so she gave you up for adoption."

Todd shook his head. How could he ever tell Tina that he hadn't gotten a better life, but a nightmare instead? "Why did our mother sleep with him again to have me, if she was so afraid of him?" Todd asked curiously.

Tina bit her lower lip. "She didn't. Not willingly. I was only ten, but I heard the whole thing. He raped her."

"Ohhhh like father, like son then, huh?" Todd said sarcastically as he felt sick hearing that his natural dad probably wasn't any better than his adopted one. He felt horrified that he had been conceived in rape... what a way to come into the world.

"Todd, never say that. You CAN be a better man. Vicki and I have faith in you."

"Is that why you are here to help?"

"I've posted your bail; they are letting you out."

A smile came to Todd's lips. He was so glad to be getting out of this shithole of a place. "Thank you, Tina. I'm forever in your debt."

"You better bet you are," she replied.

*~*

Vicki was out in the front yard with Jessi when Marty pulled up in Llanfair's circular drive. Vicki and Jess went to greet Marty. "Hello, Marty, you're looking so much better. We're so glad you are here," said Vicki as she hugged Marty tightly.

Marty laughed. "Hi Vicki, Jessi," she said with a big smile.

"Hi, Marty," Jessi said with a pretty smile. "Mom told me you are moving in. Will you teach me how to play the piano?"

Vicki smiled at her little girl and laughed softly at her daughter's enthusiasm. "First we need to get Marty settled in, Jessi," Vicki said as she took Marty's hand and began leading her into the house. "I will have the help carry your things up to your room. You just sit down and rest, sweetie."

Once in the comfortable living room, Jessi came to sit beside Marty on the sofa as Vicki sat across from them on the matching love seat. "Is there anything I can get you, dear?" Vicki asked. "What did Larry say? Are you and the baby okay?"

"Baby?" Jessica said in confusion, looking at Marty.

"I'm fine, Dr. Wolek said to just be careful because of my Lupus and to keep an eye out for flare ups. If anything is at all wrong I will need to rush to the hospital," Marty said to Vicki.

She then smiled at Jessi. "My piano comes tomorrow so I'd be happy to teach you. Yes, I'm going to be having a baby," she explained.

"I'm so glad that you and the baby are both doing fine," said Vicki as she smiled at Marty.

Jessi looked a little bit sad at first when she heard about the baby. She had always been sort of special to Marty, so she felt some jealousy that Marty was going to be having her own little baby and maybe she wouldn't have that special bond with her friend Marty anymore.

"But HOW are you having a baby? You don't have boyfriend or a husband," spoke Jessi as she tried to sort through her own confusion.

Vicki looked at Marty, feeling uncomfortable for Marty's sake when she heard her young daughter's many personal questions. "Jessi~sweetie, sometimes things are a bit complicated. You see, this little baby, he or she is going to be my little nephew or niece. I have a brother ... and he's the father of Marty's baby. His name is Todd, and he's much younger than me," Vicki explained as carefully as she could to Jessica. "He's made some bad choices and he can't be here right now, but someday you will get to meet him. Marty came to stay with us so we can help her take care of the baby when it comes. The baby will be your own little cousin." Vicki then gave Marty an apologetic look, hoping Marty would understand that she had to be straight with Jessica. Eventually, Jessi would need to know all of this, and she didn't want to lie to her daughter.

"So when do I get to meet my Uncle Todd?" Jessi asked.

Tina walked in, going to the refreshment table to pour herself a drink. "Sooner than you think," she said, turning to look at Marty, Vicki, and Jessica. "I just posted his bail."

12