Too Close for Comfort B

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was in the break room, when I heard the gossip the first time.

"Now I know why that bitch keeps turning me down," said one guy. I thought he was talking about me at first. But then I noticed who he was and couldn't remember him or anyone else for that matter asking me out. It had been a long time since any of the guys even flirted with me. They used to all the time. I wondered of it was the weight I had put on or the fact that Grant could fire them without thinking about it.

"Well, let's assess the situation," said the other guy. "She's a tall thin, beautiful, intelligent blond woman with a great job, an extremely hot body, a very pretty face, and a bright future ahead of her. You're a chubby, balding, divorced janitor who lives in a one bedroom, basement apartment, who can consider himself lucky if he has two dollars left after paying his bills and child support. Damn, you're right. You guys are made for each other."

"I'm not a fucking janitor," snapped the first guy. "Janitors clean up inside of the building. I clean up outside of the building. I'm an environmental maintenance engineer."

"Holy shit," said his friend. "The janitors get fifty cents an hour more than you guys." He started laughing. "I heard that she was in love with some professor up at State college but they was havin' issues."

"Anyway none of that shit matters," said the first guy. "The real reason she isn't interest in me is because she already has her sights set on someone else, right here."

"And who would that be?" asked his friend.

"Grant fucking Matthews," said the first guy.

"Shit, ain't Grant married?" asked his friend.

"Yeah but Grant's old lady is gettin' bigger by the second. She looks like she is approaching critical mass. One more burger and that bitch will explode. Grant is pretty smart to upgrade before his wife becomes a porker."

I wanted to cry. But I needed info so I continued to listen.

"But I'm not sure he's tappin' her yet," said the guy. "I heard her talking ta Glenda about it. She told Glenda that if there was any guy around here that she was interested in, it would be Grant. Glenda told her that Grant was a good guy. And Veronica asked her why Grant was using those cheesy old lines like the lounge lizards from the eighties. She said that Grant had told her that his wife didn't understand him. She said he also told her that he and his wife had an arrangement."

Both men starting laughing as if it was the funniest thing on earth.

"But then Glenda told her that it was true. Dahlia and Grant had almost divorced but they stayed together for the kids or some shit. But they were both free to go out and fuck whoever they wanted. When Veronica heard that she got the biggest fucking smile on her face."

That was it. I stood straight up and didn't care if they saw me or not. That bitch was not getting her claws into my husband. Forget about lunch, I was going to go back to the office and kick her ass in for her.

I stormed into the office and confronted her. She stood there and laughed at me. I called her all kind of names and she only laughed harder.

"I think maybe you're fired," she said still laughing.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Because I'm your boss," she said. "You can't come running in here yelling at me and calling me names."

"But I've worked here a lot longer than you have," I whined. "And you're out to steal my husband."

"It doesn't matter how long you've worked here," she said. "You created me. They were going to promote either you or Grant to manager. Grant told them to give it to you since he was transferring to another department. Once they did, they discovered how shitty your work is. Your work would be more appropriate in an art department, and we don't have one of those." I looked down at the floor.

"They were so impressed with the way Grant handled himself in Marketing, that he was almost immediately promoted. They didn't want to piss him off, so they didn't demote you. They just created a new job, which I took." She smiled at me.

"Dahlia, I like you," she said. "I've been hard on you because I want you to get better. When I move up the ladder, I want you to have the job I have but you're gonna have to earn it."

"Then why are you going after my husband?" she started laughing again.

"I can't tell you that, but let's just say that I'm not the only woman around here who has taken an interest in Grant. He's handsome, he's considerate, he's smart, and rumors that everything isn't right at home are getting around. Add to that the fact that I'm tired of getting hit on left and right by every would-be Romeo in the company and it makes sense," she said. "Dahlia, do you and Grant really have an agreement that lets you two see other people?"

"Well, we can have sex with other people, or at least I can," I said cautiously. "We've never discussed what he can do, but I don't like the idea...

"So if Grant is willing," she began, "He and I will go out on a few dates. I promise to warn you if things begin to move to the next level. Now how does that sound?"

"I don't know, Veronica," I said. "I'm not sure..."

"From what I've seen and heard, you're on the verge of losing him anyway," she said. "Maybe a change in your lives will make him remember what he loved so much about you in the first place. And remember with me at least you've got a warning. I will absolutely come to you before we get to the point of having sex. A happy Grant makes a happy Dahlia, right?" I just nodded.

Over the next few weeks I watched them very carefully. Veronica really is a beautiful woman. I thought that she was much too young for Grant. She, after all, is only six years older than my daughter, Rose. But no one else seemed to think it was a problem.

The funniest thing about it was that obviously Grant loved me far more than I had ever understood. I was getting daily reports from Veronica. The first few times that she hinted about them grabbing a drink after work or anything on a less than professional level, he turned her down flat.

They did start having short conversations from time to time that weren't completely about work or work related subjects, so Veronica wasn't completely thrown off. At the same time, Veronica seemed to be treating me much better at work. She often took the time to show me ways to improve my work instead of simply telling me to do better. I also caught her staring at me a few times. I figured it out without asking her about it though. I think she was looking at me to see what it was that Grant found so attractive in me.

She was bursting with enthusiasm, the day she told me that they'd had lunch together in the cafeteria. It was strange because by that time, she and I had often eaten lunch together and were well on the way to becoming friends.

It was actually me who facilitated their first sort of date. I pretended to sprain my ankle, which prevented me from attending the company's annual dinner dance. In reality, it meant nothing since Grant had attended it the year before alone. I had pretended to be ill that evening because I hadn't wanted to set tongues wagging about why Grant and I not only hadn't attended it together, but weren't sitting together and didn't dance with each other.

When I saw Veronica all done up in her dress, I was worried. Veronica looked beautiful. The dress accentuated her body and her curves. I wasn't sure any man could turn her down, let alone my poor husband who hadn't had sex in God knew when.

In my mind I had all kinds of terrible fantasies playing out. I saw them driving home in Grant's Mustang and stopping off on a lonely road. I saw them talking for a bit and then fucking like bunnies. I saw Veronica come in to work on Monday, with a sheepish grin, every time she looked at me. Finally while we ate lunch she would confess to me how she had ruined her dress, by getting Grant's sperm all over it.

As I sat home alone in terror, I thought about how I had ruined my marriage. I also realized that if Grant was going to be fucking Veronica, I may as well have some fun too. I was still constantly horny and I wanted Grant, but if I couldn't have him, I'd have to find someone else.

Grant got home far earlier than I expected. He came up, looked in on Lilly, and then went to bed without saying anything. I wanted so badly to ask him about the evening. But I didn't dare.

When I went to work on Monday, everyone was talking about how beautiful Veronica had looked. And Veronica was aglow. She took me into the conference room and thanked me over and over again. Then she reassured me that nothing had happened. But she told me that it was the first time in her life that she had been the focus of any type of positive attention. She had never been the prom queen or anything like that in her life and this dance was the closest she had ever come.

It made no sense to me. Veronica was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen. Surely someone had to have noticed it before now.

"Ronnie, were you fat when you were younger? Or did you have a skin condition, or braces, or giant glasses?" I asked.

"Nope," she said. "I still look the same."

Even though we were friends, I really didn't care about her happiness. I was just glad that she hadn't fucked my husband. At that point in my life, I could truly understand the pain I must've caused Grant. I was sure that when the day came that he did sleep with Veronica or some other woman that I would be really upset.

But at the same time, as much as I loved Grant, I needed sex too much to keep waiting for him. I needed a man. I held out as long as I could but while, Grant and Veronica were dating, I saw several men. I saw each man only once and made sure that it was pure sex only. There was no kissing, no hugging, and no affectionate touching or talk. I just met them, made sure condoms were used, and went home to wait for Grant.

None of them was better than Grant and in fact none of them was as good. What they had going for them was they were alive and available. I always made sure that I only gave them vaginal sex. There was no anal and no blowjobs. I was wracked with guilt each and every time, but it was out of my control.

It was the strangest situation I had ever been in. I had heard several of those stupid gossiping women at work talking about Grant. They didn't talk about me cheating on him or about how strange our marriage was. They only talked about how if he hadn't hooked up with Veronica, they might have gone after him themselves.

What hurt me most was that one of the worst of those bitches was Mary. That bitch was telling everyone how I didn't deserve Grant. And although she was right, she was supposed to be my friend. The funniest thing I heard out of her was that since she was no longer slinging her pussy at every man who winked at her, she thought that she deserved a chance with Grant.

The least likely occurrence happened that changed everything. It made me feel as though my luck had changed. It didn't start out good but it ended up that way.

Veronica had come over to our house one evening while Grant was out of town on business. We just hung out and did girl stuff, almost as if we were teenagers. The subject turned to Grant as usual and I asked her point blank if she had fucked my husband.

She started laughing hysterically and told me that she simply wasn't that kind of girl. That worried me because I knew then what was going on. There were several people around town who knew the details of my divorce. Veronica might've been one of them. That bitch was going to wait eleven more months and marry my fucking husband as soon as he walked away from me. And there wasn't a thing I could do about it.

The evening got even worse. Grant called home to wish Lilly luck on a project she had to do in school the next day. Veronica spoke to him when Lilly was done and asked him out to dinner the next night. The bitch was going to go out with my husband the first night that he was home. She asked him for a date right in front of me as if I wasn't there.

Grant got home the next afternoon and went straight up to see Lilly. I guess I shouldn't be jealous of her, she is his daughter. There was also the fact that when he got home, I was still at work. I was actually running the department in Veronica's absence. She had left early to get her hair done and buy a new dress for her fucking date.

I arranged a date of my own. I watched as Grant got ready to go out. He seemed so nonchalant about the whole thing. To him, it was just a casual thing. It was as if he was going out to play golf with the guys. But I knew that for Veronica it was something different. She even came to the house to pick him up. She parked her car in our driveway because naturally they'd be driving his Mustang. What shocked me was that he drove the '67.

Veronica looked incandescent. She was so pretty it hurt my fucking eyes to look at her. She had brought a bouquet of fake flowers for Grant. He took them and looked at them strangely and then burst out laughing. It was a very clever gift. They turned out to be microfiber car wash cloths folded up tightly so they looked like flowers.

The bitch had a gleam in her eye as she gave them to him. She gave him a modest kiss on the cheek and took his hand as they left. Grant gave me a curious look as they turned to leave. Since I had cheated on him, we had somehow lost the connection we once had. But if I was asked, I'd have sworn his look was meant to let me know that he would actually rather be with me, but I had left him no fucking choice.

For the rest of the evening, I couldn't get over that look he'd given me. I'd had the best man in the world and I had fucked it up. I was angry and filled with regret as I went out for my own date. I intended to make this one the quickest quickie fuck that ever was. If I hadn't been so horny and so jealous of Veronica, I'd never have gone.

Guilt was bugging the shit out of me. I met the guy at a motel and I hated him on sight. I think I sneered as I looked at him. I must've done something, because he started right in on me.

"Hey, you ain't no beauty queen yourself, lady," he said. "Remember you called me. And you don't look nothing like your picture. You've must've gained at least a hundred pounds since that picture was taken. You look like that picture was taken in high school and you're at about retirement age now."

"Okay, good," I said. "I didn't want to do this anyway."

"What," he screamed. "I can't believe this. You wasted my time. You fat bitch!"

"Bye, now!" I said. I drove home crying. I went straight upstairs, took off my clothes, and got into bed. I just wanted to go to sleep and let everything end. I felt worse than at any time ever in my life. But if there was a God, he was looking out for me because less than thirty seconds after my head hit the pillow, I heard the sound of Grant's Mustang pulling into the driveway.

They had only been gone for about an hour. I peeked out the window. Veronica was still glowing. Grant held her hand as he walked her to her car. She primped and posed and waited to be kissed as he opened the door for her. Then he gave her another kiss on the cheek. She pulled his hand back as if she wanted another kiss, but he was squeezing his legs together as if he had to pee badly.

The next thing I knew he had rushed into the house. He came straight up to our room. He took his clothes off and slipped into bed. I pretended to be asleep. I was afraid I would start crying if I had to listen to how great their date had been and how he was falling for her.

Grant continued to fidget in the bed beside me for a while and then in a move that was so unexpected that it shocked me, he wrapped one of his arms around me.

My sigh was so loud they must've heard it in Europe. Somehow, Grant must've sensed that I was at the lowest point in my life. Because he pulled me against him and hugged me the way I'd wanted to be hugged since I'd gotten back from Jamaica three years before.

It was the best hug I'd had in my entire life, but I was wrong. I thought that Grant had just wanted the hug to make me feel better. But that wasn't it. Grant's hands moved up my belly, feeling the flesh that he hadn't ever felt before. The last time I'd been in his arms, I'd been a lot thinner. As he explored my belly I wondered how he would feel about his now fat wife.

Then his hands reached my tits and his dick shot up between us. It was so hard that it felt as if a pipe had lodged itself between the cheeks of my ass.

"Oh fuck," he gasped. "I've wanted to feel these for a long time. Even your nipples are bigger. When I'm done, I'm gonna suck these and play with them until you make me stop."

"I never would," I gushed.

"I'm thinking that you should get rid of those panties," he said. I didn't want to do anything to ruin whatever spell I was under. So I did as I was told. I nestled back against Grant and he pulled me against him. He lifted my top leg and rubbed the head of his dick against my sodden slit.

He pushed it right into me then in one perfect stroke. I felt as if I had been away for years and had finally come home. Everything was right with the world. I gasped because I almost came with that one God damned stroke.

As if it missed him too, my pussy began clutching and grasping at the object it had been needing for so many months. This was what I had been waiting for. This was the penis that had shot two babies into my womb. Missing what he was doing was what had left me to go out and have sex with strange men. I knew then that nothing anyone else ever did would ever match it.

And that was before he even began to move. Grant was behind me, with both of us on our sides. One arm was over me and the other beneath me. Both hands grabbed at my now huge and very sensitive breasts. He started fucking me harder and faster with every stroke. If I thought that it had felt good when he just penetrated me, the friction of his movement was driving me towards the biggest orgasm ever.

I started arching my back and pushing my ass against him as fast and as hard as I could. I was filled with an almost primal need to be fucked. I started screaming, I had never felt anything like that before. "Fuck me, baby," I kept saying it and he kept doing it. And then I just exploded. I saw sparks and rainbows and all of that bullshit. I swear a unicorn peed in my closet and then ran off.

There was sweat pouring all over my body. My toes were curling up and Grant was still slicing his way deeper inside of me. He had let go of my tits and they were flopping wildly back and forth. He reached down and flicked my clit. It was not a gentle stroke, he flicked it. And suddenly, I was starting again. He pushed me over onto my stomach and grabbed my hips. He was pounding me and I wanted it so bad.

I had waited so long. "Fuck me, Grant. Make me come again," I gushed.

"I'm gonna cum," he shouted. I was forcing my ass up against him with everything I had. The bed was rocking. The mattress was making the frame creak. Even though we have a sleep number bed and there are no springs in our frame, you could hear the bed squeaking and neither of us cared.

Then I felt him slam me once more, much harder than ever. His dick must've forced its way into my cervix. It felt as if it was going to come up through my throat, but I didn't care. I wanted to feel his cum splashing inside of me. His body quivered several times me then he lay still. It was the happiest moment of my life.

But suddenly something seemed off. I was wondering why I didn't have the feeling of his warm cum in my belly. Had Grant pulled out? Why the hell would he do that? At first I thought that maybe he'd wanted me to finish him off in my mouth and hadn't been able to hold it back.