Too Close for Comfort

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took almost three months but Mike and I were jogging close to three miles a day. We didn't always talk but he was getting reticent, like he had something to say and couldn't quite spit it out.

Finally, "Bill, I'm not asking, I'm telling you that your affair with Debbie is over," he spoke determinedly.

"Alright," I replied.

He was shocked, "That's it? Alright?"

"Hey, she's your wife."

"No fight? Just like that?" he quizzed.

"Yep, just like that. The only woman that I'd be willing to fight over is my Carol."

I'd taken him by surprise. Mike was expecting at least an argument from me but it wasn't happening. I was glad this subterfuge was finally coming to an end. Mike had finally stood his ground and "taken" his wife away from me. As happy as I was, it didn't hold a candle to the glee that Debbie felt. She was overjoyed at the change in her husband and was giddy at the prospect of making love to him again.

She was telling Carol all about their big night as I came home the next evening. Mike had taken Debbie to a posh restaurant, a candlelit supper, fine wine, the whole smear and I was taking mental notes. While Deb filled Carol in on the more intimate details of their evening, I was on the phone making reservations at the best eating establishment in town, I thought of it as a preemptive strike. One can never be too prepared where women are concerned. I would see to it that Carol didn't feel slighted after hearing about Debbie's evening of pleasure.

Debbie had tears of joy in her eyes when she thanked me with a modest kiss on the cheek. I would have preferred a handshake but Carol understood and let it pass.

Well there ends the tale, except to say that Mike continues to lose weight and has never, and I mean never, taken his wife for granted again.

Oh and maybe you're wandering about Carol and I. Well, our sex life is dwindling and I've started to remodel again. I'm working on the room where Debbie wore out the "thing". It seems that Carol and I will be needing the space for a nursery. She assures me that after the baby arrives and she is able again, our sex life will be better than ever. Carol has already started a list of new places and positions she wants us to try.

Ain't life funny, two couples so out of whack and yet they were made right by accident. A brush with stupidity on my part, a brain fart if you will. I look back now and marvel at the way it all turned out. One never knows, do one?

"CAROL! Did you see all these dead batteries under the bed?"