All Comments on 'Training a Sub'

by johm55

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
FA_JFFA_JFover 10 years ago

Well, you do acknowledge that this is not acceptable behavior.

To much, too far too fast. This character shouldn't be allowed to have a chia pet, let alone a living being. It is all his pov, and you have left her as a mere whisp of vapor, rapidly ceasing to exist. Quite intentional, I'm sure, but more reason for me to find little of merit here.

However, this is just what appeals to many, so I hope they speak up for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved the story and content

I happen to like the story and found it to be interesting as to how she did agree to everything he suggested. And eventually demanded of her after much dicussion. I hope there will be another chapter to this one. Looking forward to more.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 10 years ago
FA

Agree and disagree with you

All very fast, and tbh the pick up at the start was unrealistic, but the author did go to some length to explain his reasons and thoughts as he went along.

She also had ample opportunity to say stop, but continued.

Not quite the way I would have proceeded either, but it is a story, and well written at that.

Interesting that he was running out of ideas though at such an early stage. That doesn't exactly bode well.

Phil_PatsfanPhil_Patsfanover 10 years ago
A really fun story

Well written enjoyable. As soon as I finished this story I had to read I hope you'll write about your other story "Ringing the Changes" which I also enjoyed. Please keep writing I look forward to reading more of you adventures with Blossom.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story

As a reader I feel this story hit a lot of good points for those who are recent inquirers in bdsm... like myself. I found the story amusing and arousing. I hope you continue with the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Highpoint:

"Not intended as a guide for training or as acceptable behavior."

Lowpoint"

"A true submissive needs to be demeaned."

WTF. No, some may enjoy, crave or need that but you better be damn sure to ask or feel that out before commencing the action because that statement is a pile of manure. So much of what he describes about a D/s relationship is wonky to me.

Author, you used the term submissive throughout and only occasionally drop in slave. There is certainly overlap and for some people no difference. However, for many there are significant differences. What your 'master' describes and initiates is a slave, not a sub. He has targeted her much as a serial killer would. She shows no self preservation, no sense of self, has no attachments and thus won't be missed, she can step away from the world outside of him without a thought or backward glance, and she does. But she didn't safeword, they cry! I propose she does not have the where with all to do so. At the pace with which he frog marched her through all of this, a few moments over a cup of tea is hardly time enough to make a life altering decision. Of course, he tossed in the all or nothing threat just to make it an even better choice for her.

Your master creeps me out.

Shave and a hair cut, two bits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
An actual sub

I am a sub, and an active member of the BDSM community. Below is my feed back to the author of this story. I don't claim to represent the entire BDSM community, but I feel my opinions are valid and supported by many of us. I tried my best to remain objective and professional with the constructive criticism I provided. I do not wish to seem patronizing nor do I intend to be angry or demoralizing toward the author or their work. I hope only to provide helpful insight and feedback about the author’s story. Here we go:

To start with, I don't know what the author believes to be definition of "submissive", and true, for some it has a synonymous meaning with other terms, but in the context of the author's literature, the more accepted term I believe they are searching for is "slave". The distinction between the two titles is vast and holds a lot of meaning for many of us.

While I am not, and likely will never be, someone who lives our life 24/7, I’m still a submissive, and so, I like to think my opinion on the matter holds value. Blossom is not a submissive, but rather a slave, and an ill-treated one at that. Here are some examples of the difference between a “slave” and a “submissive”:

1. A submissive is someone who negotiates; a slave does not

2. A submissive has limits; a slave has given up all limits, except those, which his/her owner sets for them.

3. A submissive obeys and serves by choosing to do so each time and retains her will. A slave initially makes a choice to obey his/her master/mistress at all times and then submits to the will of his/her master at all times.

4. A submissive accepts submission, while a slave accepts obedience.

5. A submissive has retained some rights within the context of the D/s relationship, whereas a slave has given up all rights and becomes, in effect, property.

6. A submissive is owned, but a slave is possessed.

7. A slave is not allowed to sit on furniture or wear clothes, and always kneels at his/her owner’s feet.

8. A submissive has a safe-word to end play, while a slave has consented to no-consent.

9. A slave must be a submissive, but a submissive is not necessarily a slave.

10. A slave is more than a “mere” submissive. Submissive are just playing; slaves live the lifestyle.

I believe the distinction is important. For example, I feel strongly that my title is “submissive”, and most defiantly not “slave”. When used interchangeably, the word loses its true meaning, and with it, it’s value. For those who take pride in the distinction, your story may hold a meaning I assume the author never meant to imply.

I’m not necessarily offended by the story, however I don't think it is representative of the larger BDSM community, and their definitions of the titles they hold dear.

Secondly, I'll admit that I'm not totally familiar with the appropriate conduct, expectations, and behavioral patterns indicative of the training of a new slave (24/7), but to be completely frank, I am under the impression that the relationship between Blossom and her Master is abusive. It would take a while to rake through the text to find, and then articulate to the author, the many ways in which Blossom is abused and taken advantage of (in the not so sexy way) by her Master. In light of that, I will simply list one of the many that I found prominent from the work:

1. Blossom attempts to make objections to activities on several occasions, but her master prevents her from voicing them, continuing on with the activity regardless. One of three or four examples of this behavior is near the end of the “Pony girl/high stepping scene”. The author wrote, “… ‘If I do decide to train you as a ponygirl, you'll be expected to high-step always at a walk and trotting whenever in harness, hitched to a cart or being led, like this.’ She opened her mouth, obvious to speak but I put my finger on her lips and shook my head. ‘As a sub you will be used in any way I wish.’…”

As a slave, blossom still has the right to object to any activity she dose not feel comfortable with. If her Master cannot, or choses not to, respect her wishes, then in my opinion, he is not worthy of her serves.

And more to the point, Blossom is not even technically her Master’s slave at that point in time. At this point in the story, she has not yet signed the aforementioned contract, nor is her trial period over. I earlier defined, “a slave has given up all limits, except those, which his/her owner sets for them” however, this is not applicable, given that Blossom has yet to communicate to us that she has consented to such treatment.

A slave is still a person, and by law as well as decent morality, a person has the right to give consent. SSC: BDSM is safe, sane, and consensual. Thus, this aspect of the relationship is abusive.

Honestly, I not against writing about abuse. In fact, I enjoy a fictional sob story every now and then to get the water works going. But the impression I got from the text was not that of an intentionally written abuse story, but that of a misinformed author writing a story about a relationship he or she has little experience with. Or at least, that’s the perception I personally got from the work. It's not evil, nor is it offensive. It's simply not representative of the majority of the BDSM community. And that's not terrible, because it's just fiction. Not something to get all worked up over.

My suggestion is that the author should employ more discretion when writing about sensitive subjects such as BDSM relationships. Not because I am upset or offended, but because for some, this may be the first, or near first, experience they have with our world. To misrepresent what we're really about could turn them away or give them unreasonable expectations about how BDSM works. Again, that’s not evil. But it’s not practical either if we want to promote safety and awareness. Just keep that in mind. Honesty and good communication is useful in every situation.

I appreciate choice to leave a disclaimer at the beginning. It shows maturity and a level of understanding that I admire. (That’s why I left one too! ☺)

Despite the flaws present in the plot, the story is elegantly written and still quite erotic. For the purpose and the audience the story was intended for, it is well done. I enjoyed reading the work. I award 3.5/5 stars. Continue to write, your work is admirable.

Keep it up, and you might even get published! I plan to continue to read any other stories of yours I find in the future.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous