All Comments on 'Trying the 'Permission Slip' Game'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments (Page 2)
ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

I'm kind of conflicted on stories like this.

On the one hand, sure, I can see how someone even raising the possibility of something you considered out of bounds can change your opinion of them.

On the other, though, there has to be something pretty fundamentally fragile about a marriage in which raising a topic leads to the husband walking out and declaring he's filing for divorce, in under a minute. Sure, if this were one of those "I'm going on a date on Friday with a guy I've been having an emotional affair for a month; what do you think?" conversations that comes out of the blue and blindsides the husband, or worse, one of those "I saw you liked X in porn, so I immediately jumped to the conclusion that you want X in real life" idiocies, I can see that kind of response.

Here, though, the starting point here is a couple that apparently enjoys reading stories about swingers, so a "Hey, just in the abstract here, no particular person in mind or anything, is the stuff in the porn you enjoy that you called an 'interesting concept' something that you're actually interested in trying out in real life?" question seems completely in-bounds.

And, okay, the conversation might open up a big can of worms, could lead to them deciding some couples therapy might be in order, and might even ultimately end up with them splitting up. However, to have the *immediate* response to "Is the stuff you enjoy reading about something you'd enjoy in real life?" be "Fuck you, I'm out of this marriage!" makes him come up as a fragile asshole.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

She was serious about cheating on him, so he took care of business like a boss.

This wasn't a fantasy any more, she wanted the real thing. The wife obviously wasn't happy with him in bed if she was seriously considering taking on a lover with a bigger cock. The sheer disrespect and hit to his ego when she requested this was a terrible thing to do... no man deserves that from a wife that's supposed to love him. At that point she'd fatally wounded their marriage, so he did the sensible thing and ended it, saving himself months worth of misery.

This was an awesome flash story, but you needed to break up that big third-to-last paragraph with her desperate and shocked denials. That would have raised the emotions of the story and made the wife's misery more visceral when he ups and leaves the slutty whore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Great story, but could be a little longer.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Best

One of your best stories. I enjoyed.it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
He didn't want to keep a wife that wanted other men?

Who would? Consider all the time he saved by not drawing it out. Good story.

darthdaxdarthdaxover 5 years ago
Dang!!!

This guy's my HERO!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hurt...

...that's what I feel when I put myself in his place. An ex-girl friend came up with this idea to me, years ago. The pain goes beyond description. 5*****

GymShortsGymShortsabout 5 years ago
Really?

I'm sure she's already checked out other men. Boss needs her to attend a 3 day meeting and oh honey you can't go along either.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
I smell smoke!

The first betrayal is in the mind! It's still betrayal! The consequences of betrayal should always be equal to or greater than the betrayal.

I think he's about to use the match!

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Reading gain. This is so close to my own feeling that I put in my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
In a nutshell

Well done.

Robby_DRobby_Dalmost 4 years ago
Self destructive

I'm a real advocate of the BTB approach, but in this situation, I think our hero went off half-cocked. He heard her say one time that she had been thinking about it. He gave her several excellent reasons as to why it wouldn't work for him or them, but instead of waiting to see how she might respond to his reasoning, he immediately dumps her. It was almost as though he was waiting for a chance to get away.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 4 years ago
Well that puts the issue to rest!

‘Nuff said!

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
What to do?

She had already left him in her 'mind' and 'soul'.

The 'mind', because she had thought this through before mentioning it to her (sic) beloved.

And "soul", she decide her spiritual/body connection with her husband was worth putting on the table for some sex on the side.

She alone made this decision and created a no win situation that was for her husband impossible to accept.

Brilliant little tale of woe. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Where to find the storys

mentioned in the beginning?

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

I fully agree with the guy.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Read it again.

From a story-telling point of view, the problem with the story is that he responds too calmly and orderly considering the bomb that she drops on him and his ultimate response to it. Wouldn't he be angry, irate, and deeply hurt? He seems like he's Spock instead of a husband. Maybe it was just my reading of it, but he seems way too calm during the confrontation.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

Robby_D criticizes that the husband just walks away while just_words criticezes that the husband that the husband is not angry. Well I would sys the husband just walks away because he is angry and deeply hurt and don't want to say things he couldn't take back.

If the wife comes to her senses there is a future for them together.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

Just about the perfect reaction to a wife even hinting at sex with bob another man.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 3 years ago
Time lapse comments

Noticed two comments from Just_Words almost two years apart. The first was "good story, dump her, aye!" The second was "from a story-telling POV...seemed a little flat..." There's 35,471 stories in the LW category today, and the X number of cheating stories could easily be parsed into Y types of outcomes (dump, run, BTB, RAAC, leave/return later, etc.) What is increasingly visible here in comments is people just voting and commenting based upon their prejudiced opinions of what they'd do, and NOT how good the story telling was done. So, kudos to J_W for circling back and giving feedback. I would agree with that feedback; wife opens a conversation, and husband gives a monologue and leaves, presumably for a divorce. As told, there is little conflict, action or suspense that makes for a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just about perfect

Very well handled. This is one realistic way this scenario could play out.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Liked it, he laid it out straight and to the point.

A wife having sex with other men does NOT spice up THEIR sex life, it does however spice up hers. And honestly the cucky little wimps are simply having their kinks used against them by their so called loving wives, but those idiots arent thinking with their big head.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Well, that escalated quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An author who writes the "big cock" fallacy (pun intended) into his stories is telegraphing that he doesn't have one. If he did, he wouldn't write bullshit about how wonderful women thing gigantic dicks are. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - just a bad idea for a story

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Better left unwritten....way too brief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

JPB style writing. Create silly situation, end immediately with front door slamming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a shit piece of a story. No discussion- hardly a leadup, just a she said, he replied, he said then left. This isn't a story. Gave it 1star bec 0 stars wouldn't affect the rating.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitabout 2 years ago

As usual, somewhere South of 99% (-yet still far North of two-thirds) of Literotica's Army of Armchair-Ctitics are, as always, predictably pre-programmed for automatic hostile-response to anything at all that they perceive may possibly challenge their innate, ingrained prejudices.

But with all due respects (if and where due), I personally found this short essay to be wonderfully-witty, succinct, lean, mean and straight to-the-point!

Just as his `Hero' cuts out all of the unnecessary padding, waffle, irrelevant trivia and energy-wasting expulsion of hot-air, for the sake of being energy efficient, so too does our illustrious Author credit his Readers with a modicum of (not so) Common Sense, Reason and Intelligence!

Well done! I loved it!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

While a tad too short it was a good one.

Mind you the wet diaper crowd have little issue of the premise, which is entirely laughable but used in at least 50 stories almost word for word and it's "I just walked in the door and my wife walked down the stair in her LBD and fuck me pumps, and I said I didnt know we were going out, let me shower and get changed." and she said "We arent going out, I am. And after Andrew fucks me all weekend, I'll come back and be the best wife to you for the rest of our lives". Thats almost word for word in so many stories but the sam eones upset about this let that shit slide. Why? Because the fragile little boys have to vent their toxic masculinity so the woman needs to be fried, a gun or a fire, or an extended hospital stay has to come into play. Yes, its toxic masculinity when you demand a fucking story requires a brutal, of sorts, ending every time. Im thinking more readers are fucking nuts than writers at this point.

You cut out the fat, gave us the meat of the story, saved us from 11 more pages of "When I was 5 I picked my nose, when I was 5 1/2 I pet my cat we named kitty" etc etc.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nothing but a story fragment. I don’t want 10 pages of boring history, but some actual plot would be nice. And furthermore, no husband goes on a multi-paragraph monolog/diatribe without a single word of response from his wife! The author apparently has never been involved with a real woman. A real woman would have been trying to explain, cajole and rationalize what she was up to. And no real man would simply up and immediately walk out - patently ridiculous! You’re married, you talk. No rational couple gets divorced over an idea or even a suggestion. You find out what she’s ACTUALLY DOING, then if necessary, burn the bitch.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
Pathetic

Why not just write, “You cheating bitch, you ruined my life! I’m leaving! You get nothing! I hope you die!”

Then fill the rest of the page with random gibberish. You’ll probably get about the same score. And it will be about as enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I got the gist of the previously mentioned stories (hard not to), but in commenting on THIS story, I would've liked more give & take, even a bit where the previous story's invoked more than in just passing. Doing so, to me, would've bettered this story. As such, only 3 stars. --Bob

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
One more thing…

I cannot think of much that is more contradictory than a husband and wife who read and discuss “Loving Wives” stories on Literotica and that same husband going berserk over the fact that she was turned on by the subject of the stories.

Question: Why are they READING THEM TOGETHER? Is this his way of instructing her in the evils of cheating? Is it just a gotcha, ‘cuz he secretly hates his wife and wants out? Did it never occurred to him that her reading about how good it is to fuck big dicks might sound like fun? He can’t be that stupid, not and pass a driving test. We know he drives. Maybe he stole her car? Hmm… I don’t get it. But I digress.

I cannot think of a reasonable explanation that doesn’t show him to be a psychopath. Or, dissociated, which is also bad.

By the way, sorry, I was a bit harsh earlier. I still don’t care for the story, because I can’t make it make sense to me. No need to be mean, though.

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Love it! That's what you call evaluating, deciding, and following through!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I blinked and the story was over. Too short!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it, could have been just a tad longer. I do agree 110% with this from iameasel: "but used in at least 50 stories almost word for word and it's, "I just walked in the door and my wife walked down the stairs in her LBD and fuck me pumps, and I said I didn't know we were going out, let me shower and get changed." and she said "We aren't going out, I am. And after Andrew (or whoever he is) fucks me all weekend, I'll come back and be the best wife to you for the rest of our lives"." In that I know I've read at least 50 or more that have that very line in it, or maybe the dress is red or purple or blue. And that's not counting those wives that were hit by the "Martian Slut Ray".

I liked this one because it cut out all the BS, and gave honest questions from the husband to the wife as to why she needed a "Hall Pass". It also gave the wife a few things to think about, including a divorce. After all actions have consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good start, but where's the rest of the story?

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

To all those who want a longer story: I think that is the point being made. This is a great demonstration of how the husband reacting logically when the wife wants permission makes life simple. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Simple, isn’t it?

Ed

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

Wolf Bennington,

has no stories posted here at Lit. And there no stories listed in a search here.

So where did you come up with idea that there was?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

Wolf's stories have sadly vanished

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Meh. Two stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nip it all in the bud up front. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Started well and then fell off a cliff, unfinished.

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

Heu, c'est quoi cette débilité ????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So simplistic. Meh indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Meh. An Average burger. Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

Booboo12629Booboo12629about 20 hours ago

That's it? Zero creativity. No build up or introduction of the characters. No finish to the story. Total waste of time.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous