All Comments on 'Turn of a Card'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I found your story riviting.

I found your story very riviting. And I loved the way it ended. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Another Great Story

A great story and a great ending. Loved it. Thank You! Ronnie W.

Randy01Randy01almost 19 years ago
Good story

another excellent tale from the best writer on Literotica. Keep the sexy stories coming!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Nice to know good guys still win!

Nice to know romance, even in a sexy story, still wins out!

rgraham666rgraham666almost 19 years ago
A very good story

The characters were very well drawn, the emotions they went through realistic.

I found the internal and external conflicts made for a very interesting story.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Very nice job

This is very well written. A great buildup, maybe not a perfectly original premise, but very well done.

SalamisSalamisalmost 19 years ago
Uncomfortable with your predictability

First of all, I greatly enjoy all of your stories. I enjoyed this one too. However, it left me with kind of an aftertaste.

Your stories are so very predictable from the first paragraph. There was never any doubt in my mind that Ted and Tania would end up together, nor was I surprised that Tania became pregnant, or that Jarvis is simply dismissed as being obsessive. This is a pretty simplistic outcome for such complex characters.

So while the story was a good read, I did have trouble identifying with how such a good friend as Ted would accede to Jarvis' wishes. It was a low thing to do...irrespective of his longing for Tania.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
am i glad i read it!

it is the best that i have read here. happy that i stumbled upon the article. keep up the great work. moonstruck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Predictability of a Kiss

Very nice piece. Also I'd like to comment about Salamis' mention that this story is predictable. Most romances are by their nature predictable. With some exceptions you know the main characters should overcome their difficulties and end up together. That being said, on a first date, when the person you long for leans toward you and opens their lips, is it predictable you will kiss? Absolutely and yet it is wonderful too. Now it would be unexpected if instead of the kiss you spit on them, yes it would be much less predictable, but -- unless the person you long for is really out there -- your night will end in anger and frustration and not love.

Also though it is impolite to comment on a commenter's motivation I took a quick look at the titles and descriptions of Salamis' work and saw what appeared to be a penchant for cheating wives. Now there is a lot of people who complain that they wander into a story in the loving wives section and they get upset when they see cheating spouses. They get upset even if the title implies this will happen, even though the description should tip them off, and even if the author begins the story telling them not to read it if they do not want to see cheating spouses. Of course what they're doing is unfair ... in any story, if you are reading it and finding it offensive, stop reading.

Salamis is presenting criticism that is just as unfair and in just the same way. If you don't like romances don't read them. If you are getting bored with a story, stop reading it.

I do not mean to be harsh, but I am getting personal because Salamis' critique is superficial. Is it any different from a poster who writes, "You had women wearing platform heels in your story and I don't like platform heels, thus you suck and your story sucks."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Some new kind of romance.

I didn't want to comment on this story but the previous poster got my goat. Salamis was too kind in his statements. He still rated the story with a 100.

In this story Ted is supposedly the 'friend' of Jarvis and would never hurt him or Tania. However, after much soul searching he decides to assist his 'friend' in prostituting his wife. How romantic!

I don't care how long Ted anguished over this request, it could have been years, and the decision he made would still be dispicable. He could have simply given his friend the money, no strings attached. Should I believe that $ 50,000 given deserves some quid pro quo? Not to a true friend it does not.

There are no heros in this story. Jarvis pimps his wife and then leaves her when he discovers she is pregnant by another man. Did he think that his 'friend' and his wife would use protection? Why sould they? It appears that Jarvis' warped view either infected both Ted and Tania...or they were as warped as him and we know that 'birds of a feather...'.

Of course Ted thought that Jarvis and Tania had an idyllic marriage. Would that Ted would find they same 'idyllic' marriage to Tania some years later.

This IS NOT A ROMANCE folks. It's a sham. A well written sham...but a sham nonetheless.

LaJovenaLaJovenaalmost 19 years ago
Call me Fish-Hooked

I think I accidentally sent my first comment privately and/or anonymously. I'm not sure; I'm still learning my way around the website, so please forgive me.....

Just wanted to say that I loved this story. Yah, it's predictable, but that's the nature of romance. If people didn't like it, then Harlequin would be out of business!

I thought you did a great job of laying down the background, of developing your characters, of presenting the dilemma, exploring all the possible resolutions, and you convinced me that the resolution that your characters chose was the right one. I can't ask any more than that.

Thanks for the good read, and I look forward to reading your other stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I HAVE TO DISAGREE

This story wasn't a romance story. It was some dumbass bastard husband that gambled everything away, including his wife. As for the so called "friend" well he wasn't a real friend now was he. He could have just lended them the money even if they didn't pay it back, or just given it to them. As for the wife, she was nothing but a whore. Even after the "friend" said he would just give them the money, she was the one that kept insisting that he have her for the night. She is nothing but a whore,slut,street walker,prostitute,cunt wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Egad People

Author please forgive them for their (etc.)--- I feel you put forth a well conceived and written effort. Are there truly any new stories here? It is the authors viewpoint, edge and twists that provide the angst and emotion to provoke thought and response plus or minus.

Sometimes the subject matter or grossness of presentation over ride consideration of the talent shown and that is as it should be. That was not the case here - coming through was a man absorbed in matters he apparently could not control, a wife who was hurt and wanted both retribution and out from under. A male friend of both who didn't see or understand the landmines but he did make some effort to extricate himself for everyone's sake.

Only she knew exactly everything and where the end would be but not the outcome. Were they all stupid - well of course - almost human one could say. Smarter would not have allowed a storyline eh! But plausible and possible? While arguable, the emotional comments indicate the probability don't they!

Thanks Author - for your talent, time and efforts to give exposure to the marital consequence of serving another master albeit a non-sexual one. with high Regard

jes1701jes1701over 18 years ago
It's all good

I think it was romantic in the way that after everything they ended up together and in love. The people with negitve words may have never loved some one they thought they couldent have. And while the way they ended up together was not ideal it makes the love no less.

keep up the good work

Jessica

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Excellent story

Even in adultery ther is an altruistic element involved. So desperate a need for the gambler and the love for Tania.

It's a good thing he ran into her in the market or he may never have known and the ships would have passed in the night...again.

A very good ending for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Money can buy anything

I guess money can buy anything. Here it bought someone else's wife. That ruined it for me. This was like seeing the movie "Pretty Woman" and trying to forget she was prostitute. Ugh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Who do we root for here?

This is very different from your usual romantic stories. I think this was supposed to be a romance but I'm not sure. Who should I root for here: the pimp, the prosituute or the John?

I hope your next story is back on track. This was a dud.

ddpmanddpmanalmost 18 years ago
A fine Tale Thanks

The Gambler. That is what Jarvis is he is all Me Me Me

The equation is always can you accept other men/man screwing your wife? Can she handle it? If you are a swinger who cares but others? You have done a fine job of setting the equation and the results of that equation. I sure enjoy your writig

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001over 10 years ago
I liked the story

Though I had trouble relating to it initially - because I couldn't figure out who to root for in the story...

* Ted ? because he was reluctant till the "deed was done", discovered his love for Tania and stopped his "casual ways" and owned up to his responsibility once learning of Tania's pregnancy

* Tania ? in her mind her marriage with Jarvis started to die when she learned of Jarvis gambling her personal money away and fully died when Jarvis started stealing. The "bet" was just a formality

* Jarvis ? Who didn't know the value of anything he had - money, integrity, self control, his wife - and finally his self esteem when he had to bet on his wife too...

I'd have liked it better if Ted had somehow prevailed over Tania not to "do the deed" on their night and then courted her in the old fashioned way (which Tania anyway wanted). Tania and Jarvis' marriage anyway was over, and the bet was only the final push on the final nail in the coffin.

The story just shows what desperate people will do and act out of character (or probably show their true character) in desperate situations:

* Ted - open his eyes and realize his love for Tania

* Tania - set aside her values (about sex and marriage), to demonstrate her love for Ted, and ditch her failing marriage

* Jarvis - go to the extent of even gambling with his wife...

It was a great read... and I liked it. Your story has the touch of an Indian epic called Mahabaratha where a king gambles his wife in a game...

auhunter04auhunter04over 7 years ago

there are fools and damn fools what's his name you know the gambler does not even rise to this level

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Classic Romance very well done!

oldpantythiefoldpantythief4 months ago

Nice story that's almost like a Hallmark story, lol. Wonder if Jarvis ever paid off the gambling debts after repaying his employer? Didn't sound like there would be much money left over after that. Nice way to get a broken kneecap if you don't pay up some of those people. I guess gambling is addictive, almost like collecting panties.😃😆

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous