All Comments on 'Turn On the Lights Ch. 02'

by exiled_oblivion

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
YourLinkYourLinkover 5 years ago
5 Stars++++

A very sassy story. Scruff is a wonderful character. I hope you will continue sending us her adventures. Hopefully, Becky will now know what she is missing. I always hope for the happy endings. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
When's the next chapter?!

Ahhh what a cliffhanger! Looking forward to the next chapter! Great story so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

Loving this feisty story!! Agree that Scruff is an excellent character. I’m usually very sure of how I’d like a story to end, but in this case I’m not sure! Either Scruff fixes things with Becky and they end up together, or Annie realises that she wants to settle down and give her heart to Scruff. Decisions, decisions! I’m sure whatever you write next will be excellent. Just please don’t keep us waiting too long! Much love and many thanks.

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
Delightful Scruff

I'll get my couple of moans out of the way first. The story's title meant nothing to me so I read Chapter 01 first. Once I started reading, I realised I had read it before. So first moan: you're a good writer and you tell a good tale but 8-9 months between chapters is a bit too long and likely to lose you readers. Second moan: just a minor quibble but I didn't care for the layout. For me, those enormous gaps between passages just looked ugly. Okay, gripes over!

This is a first-rate story and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. All of the characters ring true and poor, self-effacing little Scruff is a delightful protagonist. I'm eagerly waiting to see where this story is going. But not so long next time, please. Oh, and five stars!

underworldwriterunderworldwriterover 5 years ago
fabulous narration and story design

Some of the best narration and story design I've read on this site. The writing skills are first class. The story itself is very intriguing as we're experiencing intimate thoughts of our protagonist and the trials of being gay in that you will meet those who aren't sure, you have to nurse them along, and you don't always get what you want.

That's similar to straight relationships but straight people don't really reveal their level of attraction to each other. I'm straight but have had past relationships where the other is plotting her time as to determine if I will make enough money vs make her happy. Also these past partners were always waiting for me to make the move yet gave signals they weren't sure. Why? Because they were scheming about long term money, sending mixed signals. Such is the lore of reality and in fiction, this author is bringing to light similar issues, in this case, the uncertainty of attraction.

This chapter ends with our heroine's sexual desires overriding her heart, and getting caught. This was well shown.

Also, this story is more "drama" than sex, which is a great thing. Just sex is frankly boring. This story builds up multiple desires and--shares how the main character is tormented over it, and Becky, through dialogue. Bravo!

exiled_oblivionexiled_oblivionover 5 years agoAuthor
@ Maonaigh

@Monaigh , yeah, apparently Lit doesn't like MS Word's Heading 1 Style, and adds loads of lines and makes the font huge. I've resubmitted an edited version.

Apologies about the longass delay between chapters, it was a combination of a) hoping I could find an editor before posting the next bit and b) real life kicking my ass. Ch. 03 is already written, just need to put it through the wringer a couple more times to iron out stuff I'm not happy with yet, then I'll post it. Stay tuned.

I've even got a more stroke-y story (eh, 'story' is a bit generous, it's just one scene really) written way in the future for Scruff. That might get posted on it's own after Ch. 03 is posted, or I may incorporate it into something bigger...not sure yet.

To everyone else: thanks for the kind feedback so far, I feel that the extra attention that I gave this chapter (compared to the first) must have paid off :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really enjoyed it

I really loved this story.

The characters are well thought and written, especially scruff but also the glimpses we get of Annie and Becky are very convincing. The sex scenes are sizzling hot.

I like the setting, the explanation of the gigs and technical stuff, it makes the whole story that much more convincing.

I read the first chapter, and then this one, so didn't have the long wait in between, but please don't wait so long until the next one.

A huge thanks for the effort and talent you put into this.

TSreaderTSreaderover 5 years ago
Wow!

A very yummy chapter to this story! I hope there’s more to this! Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userexiled_oblivion@exiled_oblivion
Writer of smut. Pusher of faders. Plucker of strings. Fusser of felines. Mutterer of puns. Poster of memes. Typer of dodgy biographies.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES