All Comments on 'Twas the Night'

by Rob_mDear

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
txcoatl1970txcoatl1970over 14 years ago
Bleak Xmas Turnaround

The most precious gift we have to give our loved ones is ourselves at our best. You gave the father some real punch as broken down as he was physically and emotionally.

That toxic cycle of remorse and shame people feel when confronted with a parade of setbacks is all the more poignant the way you describe it.

It's definitely ironic that Dahlia decides to seduce her father. Usually with dancers, sexual abuse by male relatives is a key factor in their contempt of men's sexuality. However, you wrote Dahlia's character to refute that stereotype.

I love the characters you drew in this story and enjoyed it immensely. Outstanding work.

Moms_SonMoms_Sonover 14 years ago
This Was an Unexpected Jewel

This story didn't arouse me at all but it did hit me hard. It is beautifully written and quite powerful as a 'real people' slice of life story. I felt too much empathy for the two main characters and their situation. I am torn about how to rate it, I gave it five stars for its writing alone but I don't know if I was supposed to be aroused or not by it so I only have it 50% here. Rob, you have a gift. I look forward to reading more from you.

Moms_SonMoms_Sonover 14 years ago
Scoring -- Stars vs. Thermometers.

In reference to my a concern how how I scored this story, I guess I didn't explain very well what I did. I DID vote this story a perfect 5 stars, from which the ratings are taken. It was the thermometers in the feedback section which I rated at 50% hot. I do know how the rating system works (although, if the thermometer rating influences the actual score for a story, then I guess I don't know how it works). Anyway, I rated this story a perfect 5, which is a score I very rarely give. Rob wrote a beautiful story, and I appreciated the skill which he demonstrated. I hope that this clears up the confusion.

maidlustlisamaidlustlisaover 14 years ago
Sensitive

i really loved the way you captured the emotion of the moments. i enjoyed reading the flow of the story and it was subtle, sexy and yet sensitive. i enjoy your writing style and look forward to hearing more from your mind. love lisa x

stevaroonistevarooniover 14 years ago
Beautiful as always

You have a great way of taking an often-cartoonish idea and expressing it with depth and reality, without making it gritty or, well, emo. Thanks again!

athompsoathompsoalmost 14 years ago
Well written!

While not the stroke story I was looking for (why else would I be here?) that was a VERY well-written story. Engaging enough to distract me for a few minutes, good enough to leave me impressed with the quality. This style wouldn't hold up in novel- (or even novella-)length work, but it's highly effective in the short-story format here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Quality

Porn with plot ftw. But the open ending leaves a sense of unfinished business.

slutprincess4daddyslutprincess4daddyabout 12 years ago
I <3 Daddy-Santas!

OMG. loved it. i came somewhere in the middle - didn't even make it to the end. good stuff my friend!!! can't wait to browse the rest of your stories!

teddybearclubteddybearclubover 10 years ago
So well done

I happened on this while just spinning through the stories. I almost quit reading it, but there was something there that intrigued me. It just kept getting better. Santa is real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Aww, this was awesome. Loved the raw depiction of the down on his luck father with the daughter who threw her education away. And I loved how dirty mouthed the daughter was. The only bummer is that I like my endings to be defined rather than open ended but doesn't really deter from the overall 5 stars. :)

FrivolousFrivolousabout 6 years ago

Fun loving story. I liked it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous