All Comments on 'Two Open Marriages'

by SteveWallace

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
Thinking this over

I prefer this arrangement over a hard edge ultimatum, get out i'll file for divorce, change the locks. I don't believe I would start something like this but I wouldn't want to live alone.

I don't belive many people could come to this acceptance.

Good story, L.W. is a very thought provoking story line that facinates me to no end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What crap

This guy could sell snow to Eskimos (or shit to the sanitation department). LOL. No way a mature individual could meaningfully say "I love you", but at the same time be welling to risk hurting that person out of selfish need.

TigerladyandhimTigerladyandhimover 9 years ago
Could work

The concept is credible but the narrator comes across as too full of himself

Quite well written

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 9 years ago
Very plausible.

Having "been there, done that," I know that we all have the capacity to truly love more than one person. I won't go into the reasons that society finds that appalling but suffice to say that this thing called polyamory does exist and is practiced here and abroad. It truly isn't "a load of bullshit" as described. All I can say is that, like many practices described here in Literotica, if it ain't for you, don't do it but don't damn those that find it fits them and their lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Main Character Sucks

Extremely selfish self-centered individual with no redeeming qualities. I thought you were suppose to like the main character?

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
For sure a fantasy...In a perfect world!!!

For sure a fantasy...In a perfect world!!! But not in this where we live! When the cheater wife said to her husband: " I love you", she was saying. "I love your money, the money you are making". In this world she would find herself divorced and without any money. The cheating husband that thought he is above all, having the right to have any woman he wants ( he doesn't hide what he have been doing all his life), would find himself divorced and cleaned. How would the two cheaters live? Without the money of the spouses to help them to be writers? A story without feelings involved, just carnal desires...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Couldn't Work

"You always see the dog love, you always hear the cat love, you always know the man love"

You'll never can be discreet enough. People will know.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Kinda agree with Impo and the other commentators

They cheated first, then came clean. How about coming clean before the emotional cheating? However, both were "abused" in a sense by partners who denied them intimacy-so that takes the edge off the cheating.. In this case as presented, this arrangement is actually wonderful, as no one loses anything. No reason for Tom or Laura to be jealous, they hadnt paid the kind of attention their partners wanted in years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loose End

I would have preferred that you have Tom respond as to why he did not seek to "make love," as he put it with his wife, and why he would be content to continue to do without.

Jedd11Jedd11over 9 years ago
Weird

Forget the cheating and open marriage and all that, though those are all valid points. My thing is, this was just plain boring. I've noticed in many of your writings you use the "love is not a zero sum game" schtick. Is that a trademark of yours? Is it a fantasy? Your true beliefs? Are you trying to convince us of that? Cause I don't think most of us buy into it. Even those who may have had an affair generally don't buy into it. At least in your other stories, you did temper it with some erotic scenes. I hate to say it dude, but this one was just plain lame. Hey on the plus side, your grammar is great, but again, the story...boring as hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

A lightweight character who cannot commit. Married three times, not hard to see why the previous wives would not stick by him. In ten years time he will be the guy drinking alone at the end of the bar telling everybody what a great lover he was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Maybe not fair, but you lost me here . . .

"I was a spiritual person, so the concept came easily to me, and I lived it daily." Probably not your intention, but it is hilarious to express that sentiment after describing what a soul-less, shallow, self serving asshole he is. Nothing spiritual in the lifestyle he describes, and portends an empty witless story not worth continuing. If you somehow turned this sow's turd into a silk story I apologize, but I just couldn't waste my time from that sentence on.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
I enjoyed this one.

I normally eschew stories with such a relatively low rating, but the title and tease line caught my attention. SW writes very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well written...

As a person who is poly, I can truelly understand where he is coming from

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Can you please drop the weak kneed statement.....

....that "Love is a zero sum game"? Please?

You made your point long ago. It isn't any more legitimate now than it was then. Plus, we got it, just don't buy it. But you keep including it in too many of your writing, like you're either trying to convince us.....or yourself. Or maybe you're enamored of the idea and like too many folks that think too much of their ideas or are very insecure, you repeat a phrase or thought dozens of times, until you either get the response you want or get bored of trying....finally moving on to your next 'buzzword'.

My point here:

1. Real love isn't a game. Yes, I understand you are just using the euphemism, but your writing implies a somewhat too casual and too shallow understanding of love, commitment, honor and respect in close relationships. The stories are hard to accept and believe on this basis alone.

2. While you are, in essence correct that we have capacity to love many others on many levels, you complete gloss over the reality that when we marry, we are committing to reserve any sexual expression of a rather deeper love to our spouses, our mates. While it might make for hot story-telling to run rampant through every woman you develop feelings for, it really shows a rather sad immaturity in that you seem to lack the self restraint necessary to keep a relationship exclusive, personal and close, while keeping other attraction more at arms length. Anything less is socially damning and destructive to relationships in general.

If your stories represent you in any meaningful way, you seem to me to be a seriously emotionally stunted man. Sorry, just being frank and honest here.

You, like too many other contributors here, seem to have become either apologists for your poor treatment of those you say you love, or you have an agenda to spread your thinking and frankly, stupid philosophy.

And many of your stories, while technically well written, are simply uninteresting after a few paragraphs.

I won't lie and say it's not personal, because it is. And while this may not be the kind of response you would prefer, you can't escape that you aroused me to speak out.

I hope you will take some comfort in knowing that your writing has elicited a response at all.

gdjohn52gdjohn52almost 9 years ago

I like it and before my wife died, She was like Laura after menopause, No sex but I loved her more than words can say. I got my needs fulfilled, But I never stopped loving my wife. So until you've been there. (all of you anonymous judgmental hypocrites ) Dont try to be an expert on relationships. I like the story very much SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for efffot and content

fuck you in the eyes dear annony!!!

techreadertechreaderalmost 8 years ago
Shakespeare Said It Better

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,

My love as deep;

the more I give to thee,

The more I have,

for both are infinite."

Romeo & Juliet

Act II, Scene II.

rodavrodavover 7 years ago
Nice story...but...

For Tom and Laura's friendships stayed platonic in spite of their spouse open relationship is very disappointing and appear unrealistic.

Jim and Jill could have encourage them and have their blessings if they want to engage in an open relationship too. And that would be a fair thing to do.

And that is this erotic stories all about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Perfect, just perfect.

Too perfect. Everything drops into place so nice and tight. Marriage vows broken, trusts betrayed, personalities and characters contrived and morphed into the polyamory utopia. And everyone is just fine and dandy, even better for the adultery and open lust. Yes, a perfect world where we can all have our cake, and eat it too.

Fantasy is a type of fiction, a childish and shallow type, with magic and wizards and preposterous plots and characters happily ever after endings.

A fine fantasy, just kind of juvenile and sophomoric. Congratulations, if that was your goal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Most boring story I've ever read

I was looking forward to reading billionaire, but after reading this garbage I'm not so sure now. That was the most unrealistic and boring story I've ever read. The main character garbage.

john1946john1946over 6 years ago
Well done

This is the realization that could be hoped for in a mingling of relationships. Why not be successful where everybody wins. There is not enough of that in life anymore. Its not a competition. Steve, this is very well done and well written. Sure most could and would experience pitfalls, but I love the optimism you have shown. I was in a most successful poly relationship for several years and it can work with the right people at the right time, with the right situations. Thanks for the story.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 6 years ago
Great writing !

What a wonderfully well written story. Not only well written but a primer on loving friendships and relationships. I can see this happening in so many marriages. The usual problem is that most secondary relationships take place secretly and jealousy and hurt feelings result, leaving wrecked marriages in their wake. You can love 2-people at the same time, and it's true that few spouses satisfy every need. It still takes a lot of care and love to make these "mixed marriages" work. If you can get by the hurt feelings and the blow to your ego, it might make your marriage better.

Superb writing. Love your style. A 5 easily. 😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very Mature story and well written story but.....

While I can respect the agreement they came to despite the fact it would bever be something I could do, the fact of the matter this started out as cheating. If they loved their partners as much as they stated they should have went to them first before doing anything despite the possible consequences. Also makes me wonder why either bothered with actually being married. Given the relationships they are in appears to be an unnecessary formality.

RubberuwRubberuwalmost 6 years ago
Nice!

Well I did like the story!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Cheaters

Cheaters worked it out only after they had both cheated. No good people.hete.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
just wanted to vote on one story once i saw what you write

trash gets you less if it's possible 1 star whore boy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Gimme A Braek!

Folks!!!!! It's just a damn story...NOT real life actions of the writer. If you dislike this type story, simply leave the page!!! You act as though you are all holier than though and yet here you are in what is primarily a PORN site! If you don't like this type story, READ THE BIBLE NOT LITEROTICA!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One person's distorted philosophical bs on committed marriage relationships... just self-entitled justification to cheat on one's spouses.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Good story, that embraced the emotional issues surrounding it, with all four individuals.

Despite the emotionally stunted commenters who only see black and white (BTB, cuck/whore) yada yada yada, love, marriage, relationships are not black or white. They are many shades of gray, in between those extremes, and are capable of being functional. We do not own each other.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Good story, that embraced the emotional issues surrounding it, with all four individuals.

Despite the emotionally stunted commenters who only see black and white (BTB, cuck/whore) yada yada yada, love, marriage, relationships are not black or white. They are many shades of gray, in between those extremes, and are capable of being functional. We do not own each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

5 stars. The story was well written imho. That said, if this story was rewritten from the perspective of Tom and Laura's point of views' I wonder how much different my overall feeling of Jim and Jill's "affair" would be. It's interesting how much control of our psyche and feelings we give the author when we dive into the worlds / situations they present to us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSteveWallace@SteveWallace
3357 Followers
A note on the story Loosening Up: Yes, it has many many characters. A PDF is available upon request listing the characters and placing them in some kind of perspective for the reader. Just email me (see below). Well over 18 ... even 30, hell 40 is way back there, oh hell, o...