All Comments on 'Unemployment Blues'

by Jenny_Jackson

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyover 17 years ago
So cool!!!

Some may fail to see the humor in this, but I thought it was a hilarious parody! The parallels that one can draw between this story and real life are really spooky. But not to say that all government employees are like this! And I used to work in the welfare division so I can use that experience as a basis to say that there really are government employees who do work their tails off. However there are also those who would be filing out their unemployement forms if they ever had to find a job in the private sector!

Great story! Great parody!

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Perils of Jenny!

This story was quite humorous and real, The poor 'clueless' guy sitting next to her filling out his application bit, where he asks for a pencil and she gives him - what else - a crayon was hilarious. I loved it that our Jenny is a bit of a name dropper calling in her Uncle Bob, Secretary of Labor. to close the deal. Fun story! Terrific Write!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
It's easy to see that you have been there

And had to deal with creatures that should have been euthanized at birth. That's what happens to people that are totally worthless in society. They get rewarded with jobs that can give normal hard working people fits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Duh

Absolutely wonderful parody.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
I'd type more but I'm laughing too hard! :D

Riotously funny, thank you, Jenny. It's like the "Perils of Pauline" meets The Bureaucracy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
excellent

loved it-marry me.rickprince

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Bitter sweet irony

Loved it especially the bit at the end - made me laugh

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
As an Oregonian, I completely relate to this tale. . .

You gotta sense of hummer you do. . .

Thanks

Greg

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Been There!

Minnesota is worse, especially if you are not from Chicago or Detroit!!

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
my favorite bueaucracy

The Santa Ana Office of the California DMV. There are big (BIG!) signs out front and inside all over the wall. Warning us unwashed that armed officers are always available to remonstrance with anyone failing to show the proper subservience to the Public Servants.

Last time I was there, a few years ago, they were late opening the office. Armed guards forcing everyone to wait out in that California phenomena of rain on hot pavement. While workmen were busy finishing up patching the bullet holes in the walls and replacing the windows.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 6 years ago
Oh Yeah

Just give it a little time. There will be many republicans waiting in this office.

Ha ha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous