UR-Quan

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I also asked while we were at the station about the cache of movies and television shows from pre-space Earth. Commander Hayes did say that they do have a full library, but because of the small amount of energy it took to load and play each one, extrapolated over the 3000 personnel on base, and the number of shows and movies, he had locked them. I asked if I could unlock some of them for a future trip, and he said that was fine, and I had him send the index to Simon so that he could make the decisions regarding what would go on the onboard ship computer.

April 18th, 2155

We are leaving the starbase and heading to the Beta Centauri system. This trip has a possibility of allowing us to check 5 star systems, though I hope our cargo bays are filled before that.

Simon was ecstatic to find out about the entertainment index, and said that during his off shift, he will find some suitable materials for us to travel with. I told him that the only parameters I required were variety – I wanted comedy, drama, action, and romance to be in the selections that he chose.

April 19th, 2155

Today's deep space travel was interesting, it was nice to have a larger crew and allowed the amount of work to decrease, putting everyone at ease. I didn't realize that when you only have 12 people per shift, that the workload is so high. I think that staying at 100 crewmembers is a goal that Simon and I will try to maintain until we are successful at completing our mission.

April 20th, 2155

Fwiffo came to me today, and asked about the planet where I grew up, and the people still there. I had almost forgotten that we needed to get back to them, and I have made sure to plan it for a future mission.

April 21st, 2155

We have arrived in Beta Centauri. It is a six planet system. Planet 6 was a Urea world, completely barren.

April 22nd, 2155

We mined planet 4 without incident today.

April 23rd, 2155

After some debate, planet 5 was not mined. Class 6 tectonics are slightly above the level I want to risk my crew people for, especially when scans show nothing of great value on the surface.

April 24th, 2155

Planet 2 was mined without incident. We then moved into orbit of planet one, which had 3 moons that we could mine. The main planet was a large gas giant with nothing to offer.

April 25th, 2155

Today is my 21st birthday. Simon had arranged a surprise party in the observation lounge that was very festive. Many of the crew people were much more social with me, and Simon told me after most of the party had dispersed, "You know, these guys, they didn't grow up with you. They don't know you. They trust your leadership, but you are a mythical figure to them. You need to do more things like this, become more human. Don't be completely obsessed with trying to figure out how to fix Earth's problem." I knew he was right.

We also mined the moons in orbit of third planet. The crew is getting so much better at piloting the lander and avoiding accidental mishaps that we may be able to build the ship up without as many casualties as I thought.

Before the day ended the loadmaster informed me that the cargo bays were 85% full, and I told him to plot us to Alpha Centauri. I know we won't be able to mine much from the system, because the main star is a red giant, and the planets in the system will be too hot, but maybe there are some that are worth it.

April 26th, 2155

Today, after my command shift was done, a female crewmember came to my quarters and asked if I would take her on the long haul journey. She said that she had never been happier then when she was onboard the ship, traveling the stars, and seeing new planet. Her name is Marla. I told her that I would review her performance record and consider it, and she stood to leave. Before she got to the door though, I told her to stop, and turn to face me. She did.

I had thought about the guidelines so much, I wanted to see her reaction more then anything else. "Strip," I said, as much a request as it was an order. She looked at me for a moment, and then began removing her clothes without comment. When she was completely naked, she stood without modesty, her hands at her sides, as though waiting for further orders. She has an amazing body – large supple breasts capped with very small protruding nipples that stuck out just slightly. Her pubic hair was untrimmed, and her legs had gone several days without shaving. "Marla," I said quietly, "Please shave your legs, and trim your pubic mound. I would like to have lunch with your tomorrow to discuss you staying onboard during the long haul. You may redress now." She replied a "Thank you, sir," and then redressed, and left. I can't remember the last time I was able to think of something other then how to help earth.

April 27th, 2155

We have arrived at Alpha Centauri, and there is an alien ship in the system. We are approaching it now to make contact. Because of this alien contact, I have postponed my lunch with Marla, and told her that I will keep her aboard until we can discuss her desire to be aboard for the long trip.

**

The alien ship was Melnorme, a previously unknown race. They are primarily a species for trade. It was a bit a unnerving, but the Melnorme seemed to have a well of knowledge about our ship, our mission, and what has been going on, even though we have been active less then three months.

The Melnorme want biological data on alien life form, and location of Rainbow world planets. They seem to have technology that will make our mission more successful, and information when we have the credits to purchase them. I refilled the Intrepid with fuel, and had a balance of 75 credits with the Melnorme for future use.

April 28th, 2155

We have decided to attempt to mine planet 8. It is a ruby world with the most valuable resources available on it. We simply must be as safe as possible, because the extreme heats cause radiant blasts on the surface that could kill passengers in the lander.

We lost one crewperson on the surface, Tom Spires. We have laid in coordinates for SOL, and the memorial will be held for Tom in the morning.

April 29th, 2155

I was finally able to sit down to lunch with Marla today. I asked her if she were uncomfortable, and she told me no. After we ate our food, we talked about her situation. She is an adventurer, at her heart, and being stuck on the space station has caused her to go into a depression. She says that being on the ship makes her feel alive again.

I invited her back to my quarters, and once we were alone I asked her about the other day. "When I ordered you to strip, what were you thinking?" She shrugged a bit, and then said, "I figured that you were thinking I'd be willing to do anything to go on that long trip. And I am. But I've also read the guidelines, everyone at the station has – you can order me to do that anytime, and I can't do anything about it. I was just amazed though. I thought for sure you would make me have sex with you." I calculated my next sentence carefully, "Is that what you wanted, or just what you expected?" And she laughed, and said, "A little of both; but, let's not delve into my fantasies just yet. Just tell me that you will keep me on the ship." And I did.

So after our lunch outing, I informed Simon of our new permanent crew member.

April 30th, 2155

I am feeling exceptionally tired today. After my shift I went back to my room and did some calculation about the long trip. I think that we may be able to leave for it in June.

May 1st, 2155

It seems as though returning to the starbase is as routine and mundane as it gets, but the crew seems excited about the amount of cargo we are holding and returning. Also, the news of encountering a friendly alien trade species has made the crew eager to report back to the base.

May 2nd, 2155

Commander Hayes has informed me that we are being bathed in a broad beam spectrum with a broadcast from Rigel. I have looked at the starmap and have charted it as part of our future plans.

Also, Commander Hayes and I discussed history, the other alien races, and the current plans for our continuing plan of action. Commander Hayes seems impressed with my ability to absorb the information, and told me that in three months I have learned as much as most of the cadets at the starbase learned in six years of study.

Also, after the cargo was unloaded, and everything was tallied I was asked what configuration I wanted on the ship. I doubled the fuel tanks, and added more cargo bays. I still want to finish mining Centauri, so that we can add some defensive capability to the ship, before going around the galaxy.

I set our route to Zeta Centauri, and went to bed.

May 3rd, 2155

The ship now has 4 cargo bays, so I am hoping we can mine the entire Centauri system, and be back home by the end of May.

May 4th, 2155

Relatively uneventful day. I did have lunch again with Marla, and we spoke about our lives growing up. It is interesting to share histories.

Also, Simon gave me a rough draft for the entertainment he wants to have downloaded to the ships computer.

May 5th, 2155

Today, after my shift, I asked Marla to come to my quarters, and ordered her to strip again. She was completely shaven this time. This time I spent nearly an hour feeling her entire body, before I eventually came. I was still dressed, but I was rubbing my crotch against her butt, while my hands were massaging her breasts and she was leaning against a wall. I had no idea how much frustration I had built up. I thought about after she had left, it has been over six months since I had touched a woman's body.

May 6th, 2155

Marla came by before my shift today and told me she had a wonderful time yesterday. I think she may enjoy being controlled a bit. I told her that I want to do more, but I don't want to commit to a relationship, and she laughed at me. Literally laughed. I asked her what was funny, and she explained to me that monogamy had fallen out of practice about 15 years ago, that we could have fun without it being exclusive.

That made me feel better, and hornier all at the same time.

May 7th, 2155

We have arrived in Zeta Centauri.

May 8th, 2155

We have begun mining with great zeal. The first planet had three moons, some with biologicals. I look forward to our next encounter with the Melnorme. I have made another date with Marla for tomorrow night.

May 9th, 2155

We have successfully completed mining the Zeta Centauri system, and we are not moving to the Epsilon Centauri system. We have suffered no causalities here, something that has helped moral quite a bit.

The date with Marla was good, though she did tell me that we wouldn't be able to have our normal physical interaction because her feminine cycle was happening. So we ate, had pleasant conversation, and then I went back to my room and reviewed the entertainment chart, crew chart, and ship configuration that I desired for our long voyage.

May 10th, 2155

We arrived in the Epsilon Centauri system, and found it to have only one planet.

May 11th, 2155

Commenced with mining, and plotted course to Gamma Centauri.

Assembled Fwiffo, Captain Pike, Simon, and Marla to discuss the long trip and what Ideas and thoughts I had for it currently. Fwiffo showed us that he was able to set up a modified scanner that would look specifically for the rainbow worlds that the Melnorme are so interested in, and that if we connect it the deep radar scanner at the station, we should be able to locate a rainbow world within a few days. I could have kissed the clam for that.

May 12th, 2155

Today we had a ship appear on our ship hyperspace detector. This is the first ship we have detected since we left Vela.

May 13th, 2155

We arrived in Gamma Centauri. It is a 2 planet system.

May 14th, 2155

After taking some time to study it, Ensign Richer is sure that he can do a safe lander excursion on the outermost planet in this system, even though it is a level 6 tectonic. She and her team have prepared and studied as much as possible, and are going to mine the planet soon.

**

Ensign Richer and her team were able to mine the planet without losing anyone. I reviewed Ensign Richer's record, and it states that she might be the best lander pilot on the base, a definite necessity for the long trip. Even though she is tall, at 5'11", she is thin, weighing only 110 lbs, but seems to have good curves nonetheless. I am most impressed with her.

May 15th, 2155

Today, we are mined the intermost planet of the Gamma Centauri system. We lost one person, Dominic Sontag, during the mining. We had gone so long without losing someone that I thought we had just learned to do everything better, and not make mistakes. This one hit me really hard.

May 16th, 2155

We've plotted a course back to Alpha Centauri. After discussion with everyone aboard, they feel that taking the chance on mining planet 3, despite the temperature, would be invaluable to the cause of gathering resources. Also, while we are there, we plan to look for the Melnorme trader again.

May 17th, 2155

We've studied the planet for two hours now. Ensign Richer and her team will do the first expo down to the surface. I am extremely on edge because I feel that there is no way that this can be a zero casualty dig.

**

Ensign Richer's team has returned, and lost 4 crewman.

**

Marla's team was on the second run, and had 4 casualties.

**

Ensign Lirot's team has returned, and had 4 casualties.

**

Lt. Commander Howard's team has returned, and had 2 casualties.

**

Ensign Richer took her team down again to finish, and had no casualities.

**

In one day I've lost 14 crewman. The remaining crew is somber, but excited in the fact that we have gained more resources today then we have in the previous month of mining. I'm still not sure it was worth it.

May 18th, 2155

We remain in Alpha Centauri, looking for the Melnorme.

May 19th, 2155

We have encountered the Melnorme again, and have purchased technological specifications for a more powerful gun on the front of our ship. He also told me that the next technological feature available would double the landers speed when mining. We need to get more alien data or find a rainbow world, so that we can get that upgrade.

May 20th, 2155

The ship that was moving is closing on the Intrepid, making the crew edgy, to say the least. We currently have no guns or defensive capabilies to speak of.

May 21st, 2155

The ship seems to be able to match out speed. I have put the crew on alert, and despite my own wishes, I have told Marla that our plans for a nice date will have to wait a few more nights.

May 22nd, 2155

We have encountered the ship – it is marked on our computer screen as a Slylandro Probe. We attempted to enter in peaceful dialect with the probe, but it attacked us with a lightning rod style weapon. The attack killed 5 more crew members, making this our deadliest mission since we began.

May 23rd, 2155

Simon came by after his turn at command today, and we talked. He also feels bad about losing people while mining, but he stated that the only constant of life is death, and all of these people died believing that they were doing something. He then stated he plans on going the same way – dying in the line of duty. I asked him if he thought there was any chance of us seeing a free Earth before he died, and he smiled, and said, "No, but that doesn't mean it's not worth fighting for." I am glad that he is my best friend.

May 24th, 2155

We have returned to Sol, and I've told Commander Hayes that it is time for us to set out on the long galactic journey we have been preparing for. We hooked up Fwiffo's device, and then began doing the mods to the Intrepid. We have now put in a gun and a spread gun, along with two dynamos to power them. We have updated the crew roster, 98 women – then Simon and me. We uploaded the entertainment that Simon wanted. And we decided that we would brief everyone on at the station about what we were doing.

I haven't logged it in writing either, so I guess I should. This next trip isn't going to be just about mining. We are going to try and encounter as many alien races as we can, and we plan on doing a full cycle around the galaxy searching for rainbow worlds. Our sincere hope is that we can find enough that we will be able to max out our technology from the Melnorme, giving us even better tools to advance our cause. Also, we would like to make some alliances if possible.

Here are the known stops that I have charted. 1.) Firstly, we travel to Rigel, and see what the signal was that we were getting from there. 2.) Secondly, we return to Vela, and let them know the condition of things. Although we won't have a spare crew pod to evacuate the rest of the team, we will be able to deliver them supplies, and who knows, maybe I can spare enough resources that they can make another Intrepid. 3.) According to Fwiffo's device, there is a rainbow world somewhere in Sextantis. We will travel there, and search for alien races and the rainbow world.

After I briefed the entire base, Commander Hayes introduced to his lead scientist, who said he could replicate Fwiffo's device and put it on my ship. It would only have an active range of above 3 parsecs, but it would be better then searching an entire star system when we got close.

May 25th, 2155

We have left heading for Rigel. The crew seems extremely upbeat.

May 26th, 2155

Simon has reported to me that he will begin the viewing cycle for our programs on June 1st. He said that since we work in six hour shifts, he has made six hours of shows for 6 days a week, that run 4 times a day, so that you can catch all the shows, if you want. He said that on day 7 the T.V.'s will only run two movies – every twelve hours.

I told him that should boost morale greatly.

May 27th, 2155

Marla and I went on our much belated date, and during dinner, I asked her about fantasies. She said that she was always turned on by being ordered to do things, and that our previous encounters had turned her on quite a great deal. She told me that she would really like to re-enact the first time I made her strip, only this time she wanted to be ordered to do more. I indulged her wishes. We both went to sleep very happy.

May 28th, 2155

We are still in route to Rigel. Ensign Richer came by today, after I told her that she would be training the rest of the lander pilots over the next week instead of her normal job duties. She just wanted to speak to me about everything, and I told her that following the week of training, I intended to promote her to LT.

May 29th, 2155

We have reached Rigel, a 3 planet system. Planet 3 was a large gas giant, with no signs of anything.

May 30th, 2155

The 2nd planet in Rigel has 4 moons, we are searching them for anything that could have sent the signal to our station.

We are using these moons as landing simulators for Lt. Richer's training courses. Things are going well with the lander pilots.

May 31st, 2155

There was nothing in the 4 moons that sent the signal, we are investigating the final planet of the system, and then we will be moving on to Vela.

June 1st, 2155

We have encountered an alien race known as the Zoq-Fot-Pik. They are friendly, and gave us coordinates to their homeworld. We have established that they spoke with the Chenjesu before the war concluded in the manner that it did. They reside in an area of space inhabited by the Ur-quan. All of their colony planets have been destroyed, and only their homeworld remains. We have forged an initial alliance, and can make it formal by visiting Alpha Tucanae. I have added this task to my list, though right now, it seems that the alliance with the Zoq-Fot-Pik will wait until the end of our galactic journey.