All Comments on 'Used Ch. 07 and Epilogue'

by sharkandpen

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlover 11 years ago

Both of them were idiots along with Ben. I just hope Charlie doesn't get hurt in the end. Esme should've been thinking about what was and is best for her son. She let her hurt pride get in the way of Barry missing out on being there for his son. Barry looks like the bad guy since he wasn't there in the beginning.

sharkandpensharkandpenover 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I agree, arisesgirl. And thanks for the comment, it's nice to know people are reading an responding to it, even if the response is frustration with the characters :)

xlolarosex19xlolarosex19over 11 years ago
I love this story

I love this story and really think you should write a sequel this series!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what?!

That was *not* an epilogue!

sharkandpensharkandpenover 11 years agoAuthor
thanks

hanks xlol. I may have a hard time letting these characters go so in the future I may write about their existence as mature adults after I finish L'Affaire, which I am currently working on

And to anonymous:

:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I think it was a fitting end to their story as it was. Esme HAD to grow up. Yes Barry hurt her but she had been so...lost. She wanted someone to love her and Barry did, love was there and she was happy but she would give in to Ben even though it left her hollow inside. Like when Barry says, "Not everyone is going to fall all over themselves to make you happy all the time..." Instead of fighting she shut down.

But yes I would loove to see a new series with these two. To see Barry deal with the anger at Esme witholding the truth. To see them become a family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I agree that was not an epilogue - there is a whole can of Ben not dealt with. In fact it just brought up more questions - does Jason just step aside, or does she end up seeing both of them too? Not everybody has their baby exactly nine months after it was conceived, doesn't Ben have something to say about all this? I demand an epilogue of an epilogue

sharkandpensharkandpenover 11 years agoAuthor
Epilogue of an epilogue

I think such questions would deman a full story :)

I am glad everyone is interested enough in the characters to be annoyed at the open-ended ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Oh I can't believe it. That was brilliant. I love Barry. Please finish the story. I feel for Esme. I too suffer from the pride that she has and would have done the same thing after the text message and comforted myself with the 'fact' that "I tried" Oh God. It's so hard to put yourself out there sometimes. But not Barry has missed out on over a year of his sons life. So hard.

Really great story. Ben is an ass. We all know that but if this story continues then it's going to come out that Esme had sex with Ben at the cabin. Uh oh...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
again...tragic

Barry, Esme, Ben ... So immature. If I could influence it so that Audrey could see what an ass Ben is I would. He has no good intentions at all. Self serving and innately selfish. In that final interaction he was simply a rapist. Nicely done. It's rare I actually care about the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
marvellous series

stunningly intense. wonderfully written

captures the essence of so many emotions exceedingly well.

would have preferred to read it in one part , perhaps in 2 parts ,, rather than the 7 chapters posted . i think that would have given the tale even more Bite & power.

........

loved the ending without ending .,, story like this one works best this way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous