All Comments on 'Valentines Day Troubles'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
seems somewhat familar

Curious2c

Your story is truly a heart felt experience and touched me very truly, it is close to the way i myself became engaged to me fiance, so close its scary. I guess i am writing this to say ' Good Job ' and keep writing stories.

Thanking You

DominicFleet@hotmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 20 years ago
Just doesn't work

Her excuse of why she didn't stop when she and Mike were

driving by just doesn't add up. She knows what kind of day he

was having, and what does she do? She turns away and drives

off, yet HE's the one with the problem! On what planet. Face it,

he's right. Everything else after that is just a pile of rationalizations

because you wanted to end up a certain why, but there is no

logic, no reason to is at all.

A nice try, but it feel far short.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Just doesen't work....How?

I read the comments from "just doesn't work" and I think that he's confused or something. Forget the conspiracy stuff guy, sometimes when things are in turmoil we don't always act in a rational manner. Sure, Mike was trying to get closer to her but I think that her answer to what was going on was acceptable. She was really upset too and just flat screwed up and she admitted that. Most of us do that from time to time and life moves on to happier things. Understand that and get over it!

Average-JoeAverage-Joealmost 19 years ago
I agree that it doesnt work

I can understand screwing up but I cant understand this. She heard he lost his place so she gets a ride over to comfort him and see if he needed help but at the last second she tries to hide then drives off? Doesnt make sense to me. If she knew what had happened, how could she claim she was shocked that he looked so hurt? Even if she was suprised by his expression, who would want to marry someone that hides instead of trying to help when you're having a bad day? If she reacts this way over material possessions, what is she going to do when one of his family memebers dies, fuck a football team?

LeBrozLeBrozalmost 19 years ago
What's A Guy To Do?

Just an average kinda guy with an average kinda guy's interests - and failings. Ask any woman - gets by with a so-so appearance - forgets her important dates - and so on.....

And just as he gets his act together for one last sink-or-swim, get-it-right-act, all hell breaks loose. The fates conspire against him.......

It's almost in the category of humor - black comedy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
I'd read this a couple times before

but I never got around to commenting on it.

I don't understand the comments on the story "not working." This was brilliantly put together and works at all levels.

C2C did a great job of getting into a guys head. Damn, I've been there and that's exactly the way I felt.

The flow was nice and there was always a little vicarious thrill in seeing if he would lose his love or find some way to pull it off. The ending wasn't presaged at all.

The only thing wrong with this story is that it is C2C's only romance!

DJ

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
classic story of shit by dumb fuck author

another ruud of story by this piece of shit writer...

The guy was wrong about GIna.... but it turns out that GINA is trying to talk Kelly into NOT dumping him and going out with Mike...?

then when Kelly hears about her boyfriends place burning down she rides over with Mike... sees him sitting and crying dejected on the steps and she HIDES from him?

she does NOT ask for the car she in to stop or slow down.... she does NOT leap out and coming running up to him to show her concern..

she HIDES!?!!?

and this fucking wimp ass pussy wants to marry this whore?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
huh?

q>"Kelly was trying to talk herself into dumping you and dating Mike."<q

and Dave asked Kelly to marry him? fickle, this Kelly.

lets see, Kelly was getting up the courage to LEAVE Dave and BETRAY him by going out with Mike, who is trying to get her to go with him instead of Dave (his supposed *best freind*). Kelly goes over after a mysterious fire (hmm, no arson investigator?) with the same Mike, who happens to offer her a ride. and then instead of giving comfort when she is caught, Kelly hides in shame as she instead leaves with Mike?

really, marriage is a bit much. getting back together and rebuilding trust is expected.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Story

Nice to read a good story,this one was fun, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
weak story

i know this was one of your earlier efforts, but IMHO it was a weak story for these reasons:<P><P>

1. she was going to break up with him, for forgetting dates and not appreciating her - but when he asks her to marry him, it is like she never had a doubt. a bit fickle.<P><P>

2. she was in the jeep with Mike, the Mike she was thinking of dumping him to date, she sees him outside messed up because of the fire - and then she hides and runs away with Mike without stopping? her excuse of seeing his anger on his face was not reasonable - she didn't know why he was angry. <P><P>

it might make more sense if the story was rewritten, but as it stands i have to agree with others that it doesn't work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Okay

Good little story. I am confused as to why he doesn't carry a date planner since he knows that he forgets dates easily. Or why he doesn't just go to Kelly after overhearing the phone call and tell her about his forgetfulnesss and that he is sorry. Oh, I know that would ruin the story! Common sense would make the tale boring... I also agree that it was hard to believe that she would start dating Mike because he remembers dates and anniversaries...when she supposedly loved her guy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
story's not bad

but I have to agree with most posters that the Mike thing doesn't work. She wahts to date Mike, she's driving around with Mike, She's hiding from him when he needs her support, just doesn't work for me. I'd have shown her the ring and said I had planned to propose at dinner. Her actions and attitudes haven't been anything to write home about either, let her show me she deserved the ring.

rooster1rooster1about 13 years ago
Should have been Kelly who apoligized.

When she drove by & saw Dave sitting on the curb the very first thing she needed to do was get out of the Jeep & go to him not turn her head & allow herself to be carried away.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
No Cuckold here

A ride to a fire does not make a WACC

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
Other LW authors use this model of the LW male so it's worth commenting on.

Why would any woman be interested in a dumb nut like "our hero?" I'll never understand the interest in creating weak, insensitive, ignorant males to serve as main characters. They only produce weak stories, with little of interest about the interaction of men and women. In this case Harry in VA has my vote for the best comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
what planet does norcal live on?

My guess is norcal and HIV are shut-ins. As a supervisor for a large corporation I supervise dozens of people this stupid every day. Hell, a trip to the grocery once per week would bring you into contact with at least 1-2 dumbasses.

If you are a shut-in don't pontificate about 'reality' (that means you DWornock) or how characters in a story 'cannot be this stupid.' Reading the comments on this site ought to leave no doubt about the stupidity of people (hi BILLY).

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago
Harry of Virginia,,,,,,

was absolutly correct about Kelly, and the wimp (Dave) should imediatly go kick Mike's ass sooooo baddd he'll have to use his ass for a hat!!!!!!!

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good story but falls short

I am on the band wagon about Kelly passing Dave in the car with Mike. Is Mike the only person on the planet with a car???? Doesn't make sense unless she's already been dating Mike. Story needs a rework for certain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
True love?

So Kelly loves Dave huh? Except that he is forgetful. He shows his love everyday, but because he forgets what day it is, she is all set to dump him and shack up with his buddy, if she hasn't already. What kind of girlfriend drives past her devastated boyfriend with his "buddy", snubbing him in the process. Wife material right there. What's next? If he forgets to take out the trash is it time for an affair? Get real.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
A miss!

Nice stroke form, good setting, interesting plot. but driving by with Mike just does not make any good sense. She should be placating him but personally I would react very badly to her behaviour and I left the story feeling that he got tromped on!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
not buying it

If she really loved him why would she turn away from him while he was facing the disaster of losing his apartment?

She should have been screaming at Mike to stop and running to Dave.

For better or worse?

Does not look promising.

Why was she with Mike?

She has been talking to Gina about dumping Dave for Mike, was she giving him a tryout?

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Also Not Buying It

Granted he couldn't hear Gina's side of the phone call, but was he imagining all the digs and put downs he says she has made?

And if being in Mike's Jeep was so innocent, all she had to do was have Mike stop the Jeep, run over to him and throw her arms around him and ask what she can do.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Also, Also Not Buying It!

I agree with the last 2 'Not Buying It' comments. Driving by with another guy and seeing her supposedly boyfriend on the curb with his head in his hands after his apartment burned and then trying to hide and keep going? Not rational or acceptable behavior for someone who professes love.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Real life rarely reads like a romance novel

Real life rarely reads like a romance novel. People make mistakes, lots of men have trouble remembering dates. Women can fuck up just like men do. I also can argue that a lot of people can misread a situation. The author said at the start that this was based on real life. I can easily see that this story shows how life can fuck someone over. The important message of the story is to talk with each other. That is key to any relationship. The guy needs to invest in a really good day planner. The wife to be needs to be more understanding of male faults and insecurities. Marriage is not all fun and games, it's damn hard work for both spouses if it's going to last. I think that this is an excellent story. It's not all sweetness and light although it does have a happy ending. It points out faults on all sides and yet it also holds out hope that love will win out in the end. I gave it five stars and favourited it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
romance???

ANY woman who thinks remembering "dates" equals "TRUE" love is a FOOL. yes romance is a sliver of true love, but just THAT, a sliver or a bit less. True Love is totally selfless................................................

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nothing real about this mess.

She equates love with "remembering dates"? At that rate 90% of men would be divorced. She was too superficial and I think Dave would have seen right through her. No way I believe he asks the stupid bitch to marry him. Awful story.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Dates?

First of all, how can ANYBODY forget Valentine's Day?!

Second, yes, some guys can be clueless about dates, that doesn't mean that that they don't love their wives or girlfriends.

And that's why their significant others learn to give them reminders.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Follow-Up

To follow up on my earlier comment, the stuff about Mike was such BS! Ooh! Mike remembers dates! Wow, what a catch!

Also, I think even in 2004 we had phones with date capabilities that could remind clueless guys about dates! I admit I may be mis-remembering, though!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
question

What is mike talking about. He mentioned something happening yesterday. Did mike get lucky yesterday. What did he say to gina during there conversation also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Valentines day is important? Seriously?

Holy cow. If he forgets valentines day their relationship is toast? Wow. Exactly when and how did valentines day morph into a day when guys have to buy incredibly expensive things for their girl? Don't women think of their guy as their valentine? I used to get flowers on valentines day from girls I was dating in college. Nowadays though, it's all about buying things for the women only. And the whole thing is just a made up day for greeting card companies to begin with.

If Kelly is so superficial that she needs a guy who remembers to "honor" her on valentines day or else she'll dump him, I'd suggest the poor bastard keep looking for someone who really loves him. And I'm not buying that story about riding around with Mike either. Even if she didn't want to date Dave any longer, any friend would rush over to help someone who just lost everything they own.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

“Oh Dave...you remembered it was Valentine’s Day” – Why is she surprised? He asked her out for Valentine’s Day and she taunted him with the “party” she was planning on going to with Gina, but would cancel for him.

And her excuse for not stopping when she saw him outside his burnt out apartment was lame!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

dumb shit.

FD45FD45almost 7 years ago
It is highly rated

But this doesn't work for me at all.

Gina was a bitch for two years and Kelly never called her on this. But we are supposed to believe the opposite.

She saw her boyfriend outside his burnt out apartment, and she didn't stop. SHE DID NOT STOP. SHE DID NOT CALL. Was this story written before cell phones? That is the only way this makes any sense.

When he bent over backwards to make a plan, a romantic date, she got angry at him! Gina, it seems, is dragging Kelly out to a party to meet other men...on Valentines Day. Gina, with friends like you, I don't need enemies.

And she is such an idiot that she can't figure out a DINNER RECEIPT, a SUIT RECEIPT, a DINNER DATE and an ENGAGEMENT RING. She needs to be walked through this?

Buddy, you can do better. If she won't support you when you are down, find someone uglier and nicer, not one who would rather drive around with your friend than actually stop to help you in your time of need.

The reaction of these girls should have been 'horrified and apologetic'. Because they were wrong. Gina should have taken a few moments to stop being a bitch. She couldn't.

And a side note, Dave. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life being close to Gina? She is a big negative in being with Kelly...though the thoughtlessness of Kelly is a HUGE warning sign.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 7 years ago
A Contrary Opinion

I see this story as almost a flash story - a little vignette about a guy who means well but forgets things and has a bit of a dark cloud following him around. Ultimately things work out - kind of like a 1950's sit com. I think the commentators are taking things way to seriously.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago

The whole driving by and not stopping piece is just odd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
crap

he forgets dates.. BFD. is he treating you well, staying faithful, being a good man? if you want perfection you best be perfect yourself. that jeep ride deal is bs though. shes an attention whore better off sending her packing

OPrimeOPrimeabout 6 years ago
Put the ring back in your pocket

She is too immature to marry. Try Gina.

andyinozandyinozover 5 years ago
Infantile concept

At least many of your other stories have more substance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Dumbass

she know his place burnt down

she gets a rife from Mike to go over there

She "sees the look in his eyes" and knows he thinks she cheating, and yet rather than stop and run to him thy dont even slow down and she looks away in shame?

Bitch was cheating on him

penneydog55penneydog55about 4 years ago
Wowee!

What a Story & I have to agree with a couple of others!

What was She doing in Shithead's car?...Obviously not the first time..

Anyway 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not Much Need

To say more than what FD45 already did except I've got to ask Dave a question. You could take the time to write down Sam's suggestions, didn't you ever think to keep track of dates ON A CALENDAR? Signed: BTW

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Cute short love story

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

On one hand, yeah, it doesn't take too much effort to remember a couple of small things. So the guy is an asshole. On the other hand, the woman who only cares about being paid attention to to prove he loves her, is a long term problem. She'll never appreciate the guy actually showing he loves her, just require a non-ending stream of mostly superficial "proof".

MarrttyMarrttyover 1 year ago

As others said she cheating or very close to it. And what were the plans she had for valentines day?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He married her after she was going to cheat on him?

rbloch66rbloch6612 months ago

A common tale full of unpleasantness that could be avoided by communicating with one another.

Plus, if Kelly had to be talked out of dumping him, then she should have. This was painful to read.

AllNigherAllNigher10 months ago

She was just about to dump him for Mike, then drives past with Jim and couldn't look at her boyfriend and thought he had the wrong idea so what will fix it is driving past him in front of his burned down apartment instead of stopping and jumping out and comforting him? Mashed no sense. The author controls the story but this didn't make sense to me unless she was actually cheating...

Based on the setup I would think a pause in engagement is the minimum needed... And maybe just find someone else. Let her have the slime ball Mike she was already considering dating and accepting rides from... A story of people dumber than toast...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Kelly, it's me Mike. Look, I need to tell you something. Ummm...Dave isn't the guy for you, not after yesterday anyway.

OH, and precisely what did happen yesterday with Kelly and Mike? Odds are she fucked Mike… that’s the real reason she hid her face when driving by instead of insisting they stop at the apartment.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WTF!!! Hopefully this was meant as snowflake satire because all of these characters, except Sam, are too dumb to remember to breath. LMAO

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove4 months ago

I am sure that at this moment there are many situations like this happening in many places resulting in many missed opportunities. We really are our own worst enemy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

He proposed to the wrong girl (Kelly), who probably effed Mike. Dave wouldd be better off with Gina!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous