Valentines Day Troubles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
curious2c
curious2c
2,522 Followers

"Yes."

"Jesus Dave. Quit being such an ass. She loves you way more than you deserve. I don't understand it myself, but the least you could do is go easy on her. Things haven't been exactly easy for her either."

Gina exploded at me, and I realized for the first time that she was right. I had misread this whole last day or so. Her outburst focused my attention on the present and how lucky I really was that Kelly still seemed to care for me.

"Well, what about your devious plan that you and Kelly talked about the other day? You were trying to get her to dump me...that was obvious you know."

"You listened to Kelly's phone call?"

"I overheard it because I stepped out of the shower before you had finished talking. What do I have to do to prove to you that I love Kelly? I have from almost day one. What do you have against me anyway?"

"Kelly has been my friend for a lot longer than you have been around Dave. And for your information, I have been trying to keep you two together. Kelly was trying to talk herself into dumping you and dating Mike. He is always quick to remember dates and details that you don't."

"What?"

"Look, Kelly loves you but lately she has felt that you just don't care for her as much as she cares for you. She was thinking that you were about to dump her...I didn't see that her way and told her so. If you weren't such a screw up on dates and stuff you two would have been so much happier by now. Damn, it's been hard for me to stick up for you, especially when you act like an idiot like yesterday."

If I hadn't felt like an idiot before...I surely did now. Gina had been in my corner all this time? I realized that I had let my bad day yesterday go to my head and assume the worst in everything. I sat there feeling like a true fool.

"Uh...this is the receipt for dinner at Del Rio's. They called me yesterday morning to tell me that the whole place had been reserved by some rich jerk and they were not honoring my reservations."

"Del Rio's?"

"Yeah...I wanted to take you there for dinner last night. I had something important I needed to ask you and I wanted it to be a special night for you."

"Del Rio's?"

"Yeah...what's the big deal? Just a restaurant."

"That's the nicest place in town. Oh Dave...you remembered it was Valentines Day and got reservations and everything."

"Yeah...well for all the good it did me. They canceled out on me. On us."

"But you remembered Dave. That's all that matters to me."

"Uh...this is from where I got a new suit. Went through quite a bit to get it. Had some help, that guy that works at The Emporium set me up."

"Isn't he the guy that does the Metro-sexual look? You...YOU went to them? Oh my God!"

Gina had a look of shock as she blurted that out. I could see that she had never dreamed that I would go there for clothes ever. I will admit that I have always been a blue-jean and 'T' shirt kind of guy.

Kelly was looking at me with a funny look. I could see that she was wondering what I had been thinking. Gina and Kelly were both shocked and I was kind of liking the effect it had on them. If only it had been under far better circumstances.

Then, as I remembered that ring in my hand in that burned box I had an inspiration. I knelt on one knee in front of Kelly. Taking her hands in mine I began to toughest question I had ever asked anyone before.

Kelly gave me a confused look and then she looked over at Gina. Gina had both her hands covering her mouth. She knew what Kelly was evidently missing. Gina had figured out when she cleaned out my pockets what the ring was and what I had intended to do last night.

"Kelly. I know that yesterday and today I have not been...well...I've acted terribly. I know that I'm not the best catch in the ocean nor am I good at remembering dates and stuff. I do know one thing though. Kelly, I love you. I love you fully and completely, with all my heart."

I took the box and placed it in Kelly's hands, folding her fingers over it and holding her. Looking into her eyes I finished what I had to ask.

"Kelly, I know that this isn't Del Rio's and that things haven't been real great in the last day or so. I am also painfully aware that I thought that you had left me for Mike and I should have known better...but...would...would you marry me? Would you consider being my wife?"

Gina gasped as I finished my question. Kelly had tears running down her face and just looked at me with a look I had never seen before. The silence in the intervening time was deafening. I looked around at Gina then back at Kelly. I was not sure what to think at that moment.

Kelly leaned towards me and then opened the box. The ring inside still glittered and shined almost as beautiful as the woman holding it. Her hands shook as she took it out and pushed it onto the fourth finger of her left hand. I fit exactly right. I was surprised since the jeweler had told me that it would definitely need to be resized to fit her.

Then Kelly reached out and took me in her arms, hugging me close to her.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I will marry you Dave. Ohhhh."

I felt her hot tears on my cheek as she held me close and I could see Gina crying now too. I hugged Kelly tightly and then we kissed. Her eyes were open and she kept looking at me, searching for something that I couldn't define.

The next thing I knew Gina had torn Kelly form my grasp and was hugging her hard. Tears flowed freely as they both cried and stared at the ring. I got up and then found my seat again. I watched as they danced around and kept exclaiming about everything.

As I sat there I heard the phone ring. The answering machine picked up.

"Kelly, it's me Mike. Look, I need to tell you something. Ummm...Dave isn't the guy for you, not after yesterday anyway. Look, let me take you out for dinner and we can talk."

Before either Kelly or I could do anything Gina grabbed up the phone.

"Hey Mike...you still on?"

Gina had a look that didn't bode well as she listened to Mike.

"Yeah? Great. Listen up butthead. Kelly isn't interested in you or any other man. She's got a keeper and you can fuck off."

Gina slammed the phone down and then started laughing. Kelly joined in and pretty soon so was I. I had been stunned at her outburst at Mike. I could see all the sudden that Gina actually liked me. Well, at least tolerated me now.

That night, together, naked in Kelly's bed she placed her head on my chest. She was looking at the engagement ring in the soft light. It still shined brightly even in the dim light. I could just make out a tear in her eye.

"What's wrong Kelly?"

"Nothing. Everything is so right. Everything is perfect. I love you Dave."

curious2c
curious2c
2,522 Followers
12