All Comments on 'Warts & All Ch. 02'

by itmgr2010

Sort by:
  • 263 Comments
zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
GAWD! I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

Great war story too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
good story. thank you.

I appreciate stories with substance. Your story was great. Thanks again, and keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Ripcord

Good story. It's a small point but the battle at Ripcord took place in 1970. It's a story worth knowing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great Story

Good writing, sad story, thanks for sharing.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
Well told

It's a good story, IT, and told with the respect devoid of histrionics the story deserves. Not everything has a happy ending. I am not sure there was ever a way to make this one have a happy ending. The Viet Nam scene has all appearance of a space filling interlude of little consequence to the story, but in this case I think it completes your story corrrectly. His memories are fundamental to his outlook and reaction.

Keep on writing and let us all see your next story soon.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 14 years ago
Powerful stuff

Been there, done that (not Vietnam) and it hurts. Well written --- very sad, but he can and hopefully would get over it.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 14 years ago
Well Done

A sad but compelling tale. I'm a sucker for happy endings and hope you'll follow Phil and allow him to heal. But in reality not all stories have a happy ending.

Thank you for your hard work.

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
Very powerful, emotional, ending

Very well presented. You never do give the wife's POV in your stories but they are all very well done and without histrionics. It seems DQS1 is not the only one to weave his stories together. It was a nice little touch to make Debbie the serial cheater from "Yellowstone Discovery" and, in its own way, this is an ending to that earlier story in that we find out Dave and Sarah are happily married with children. I hope there's a future story which lets us know what happened with this couple because my only criticism is that it ended without giving a true closure. We know what's almost certainly going to happen but it's somehow unfinished.

However, it's your story and I liked it very much - thank you for this well-written read.

fumundacheezefumundacheezealmost 14 years ago
I learned something

Didn't know the NVA used the same mortars as the USMC did in WW2. 60mm and 81mm. Powerful story. I got a dear John from the girl I was going to marry while I was in Vietnam early in the conflict 60-61 before the war got hot as an adviser. Son of a bitch was a draft dodger too. lol. Made the guy realize that most women will fuck around on their husbands if given the right scenario and in their minds, convince themselves that it was ok and that it meant nothing. Let's face it. most fucking women are no good bitches and the ones that are good are a bunch of nagging motherfuckers .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good tight story

Battle changes people and that never really goes away, often hiding under a placid surface, sometimes erupting without an obvious reason. An Uncle from the South Pacific and a Brother in Law from Vietnam showed me how that works.

Good story and nicely integrated. The characters are very believable and I felt most for the Father in Law who lost a daughter, but also a Son in Law who he respects even more after the session at the kitchen table. I hope you write a sequel, because this story has depth and good characters to further develop. It is a story told many times here, but not often do I get tears in my eyes as I read.

mike2710mike2710almost 14 years ago
Thank you

I agree with one of the poster's a story often told here but not nearly as well as you have. Thank you for the entertainment and if you see your way another story please. Mike from Texas

Blue88Blue88almost 14 years ago
Outstanding

Not much to be said after that. Let's just hope that there will be more tales coming from itmgr2010.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Some criticize the Loving Wives category, but one of the reasons that people read them is drama. There is a tremendous emotional impact in a cheating spouse and, if you read the comments, it leaves few untouched. One question I have is why are most of these stories about a cheating wife and not a cheating husband. Even the female authors write mostly about cheating wives.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
Sad but Well Written Story

I would be interested in a Ch. 03 where Phil meets a woman of integrity who helps him raise his kids and pushes out a few more. Appreciated the comment that veterans of other wars keep their medals on the wall whilst VietNam vets keep theirs in a shoe-box. I think the Wall in DC helped turn that around some, but we ain't there yet. Thank goodness the antiwar folks (with the exception of moveon.org before the last election) aren't demonizing our GIs now - perhaps we learned that lesson. The way our country treated VietNam vets is a national disgrace. Anyway, good but sad story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
Too bad there is not likely to be a third chapter

This was good, although it is very unlikely our hero will avoid a jail term for assault with a deadly weapon. It is not uncommon for victims to change their stories and then be believed by the police. Victims are often intimidated and are reluctant to make a complaint -- rape victims are a classic example -- and now that the wives know about their spouses' illicit fucking, John and Craig have nothing to lose and everything to gain by filing both criminal and civil complaints. I sympathize with what he did, but I really think that our hero needs to disappear quickly to Mexico or some island in the South Pacific, to escape prosecution. Of course, he can forget ever seeing his kids again . . . While this of course can stand alone, I would be interested in a third chapter to tie up the loose ends. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hate to disagree with the mob,

But part two of this story simply didn't add anything to the first part. Not that the part about his service in Viet Nam wasn't interesting; it simply didn't add any substance to the main story.

andy1hardyandy1hardyalmost 14 years ago
GOOD READ!!!

Enjoyed it very much!!!

Andy

terrydavidterrydavidalmost 14 years ago
Well done itmgr2010! We appreciate the story.

A wrap-up chap 3 would be nice but at this point we can imagine the many different ways it turns out. Hopefully the cheating slut wife suffers unmentionable hell and accidentally get killed somehow so that the ex-husband can cash in her large insurance policy and the kids get their colleges paid for. Meanwhile the ex finds a decent wife & partner to spend his life with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Awesome!

Awesome! No need to add a chapter! Thanks for sharing! Ohio, USA

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 14 years ago
A fine story

Brings back lots of memories. D Company, 2nd Battalion, 501st Infantry, 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile); "Just a little walk in the woods". That little walk in the woods killed and wounded a lot of men and poisoned the mind and soul of just as many. BTW the had seige of Ripcord began in earnest on the 1st of July '70 and the extraction began at 0545 hours on the 23rd of July. The NVA used 82mm mortars.

gaesmogaesmoalmost 14 years ago
Too Sad

I agree he is justified in dumping her, but.....perhaps, just perhaps, there is a place for forgiveness. Perhaps there is a starting over place where rebuilding can begin. Think about it, you have the skills to pull it off!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
great story

Wow, I really felt Phil's anguish, pain and hurt. I really would like you to move this on like you did with your "Black and Tan" story and let Phil find happiness down the road. As for Sally, she can rot in hell.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Good Story

After her not wanting to remotely tell the truth, questioning if Phil needed to hurt her lovers so bad, questioning if he should have told Debbie's husband, she needs to be kicked to the curb. The only thing she regrets is getting caught. Now she can go shopping and get all of the strange cock she can handle...but as Phil said "Was it worth it" bitch???? I would have liked for you to have extend the story a couple of more months to show all of the fall out from her "shopping trips". Yeah, I'm a sadist for punishing cheating wives and their lovers:). Good to see you posting again itmgr2010. We need more stories like yours to combat the wimpy, cucks that seem to want to take over Lit.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
Well written and thought out

I really like that Phil was so clear in his thinking. He stated the case against Sally with great clarity. He also showed why forgiveness was not possible. He also expressed extremely deep emotion and pain without screaming or physical violence. That in itself was great storytelling. It was somewhat funny that she thought she could lie her way out of it with her parents and pretend that it was only one time for Phil. He shattered her lies wonderfully, letting her dig her own grave. That in itself showed she was unworthy of forgiveness. She was thinking only of herself, how could she get away with it. She accepted nothing of her responsibility, just wanted to survive her faithlessness. There was still even a sense of what she did being OK except she got caught. This is all the same mentality she had when having her affair, "What can I get away with?". It was cool how Phil showed what a slut her friend Debbie was. Sally abandoned her marriage to join a slut friend's games. As other's have said, I'd like to see that Phil recovers and Sally suffers some more, finally realizing the depth of her betrayal but I'm not sure that would warrant continuing the series. Very powerful piece. Great job.

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Sorry, but this Chapter added little to Ch 1.

All the action and decisions were taken in Ch 1. The Viet Nam story was well written, and was an interesting story in its own right, but only added an explaination that could have been said in one or two paragraphs. Nothing really new, nothing to really explain the wife's actions in any meaningful way. Overall, a great disappointment....

teh568teh568almost 14 years ago
Johns Warts Should Not Be Cut Off

But maybe a few parts of her anatomy should. Her friend should just be destroyed. Financially, Socially, and even health wise. I am not usually vindictive, but she not only destroyed her own life. She turned her own friend Sally into a slut and ended up destroying Sallys' life, Sallys husbands and later on when they will understand her three childrens family life. She should probably just commit suicide and make it easier on her family. On a side note, a good story could be if you wrote a third chapter, where she tries and succeeds in winning her family back. That would be a true test of a writers writting skills. Good story by the way.

looking4itlooking4italmost 14 years ago
One thing

One thing I noticed was that there really wasn't remorse on Sally's part. She was sorry and wanted to be forgiven but I really didn't sense remorse. Anyone else see it that way?

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Debbie fires Sally and gets off free?

The story ends in anger and a Viet Nam backstory to underline the anger, but I see no real resolution the hard emotions of the moment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great story but....

the ending seems incomplete. Look forward to more of your stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great story...BUT

You knew there was a but coming..I would have had them all killed. No vivitation to muddle things up. Children get over loosing a parent if the one that's left is loving. But I would have them killed and them knowing what they were being killed for. I would have cut both guys penises off and fed it to the whores. Whores like to eat penises don't they. I would have made the wife eat the wart too. Chew it up and swallow with gusto. Then I would have cut out the cunt and made the men eat it..Just like that and everyone has fun...fun fun till the daddy takes the T bird away...Dont call me sick...how many of you men wish you could do the same. Oh a good unbreakable alibi would be necessary.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
A very well written story

It was hard to believe that the story is fiction, as it is so well documented with facts of the past.

A good storyline and the author is a very good story teller.

Thanks for the good read

grogers7grogers7almost 14 years ago
Very True to Life

Well done. Thanks for writing about the healing and therapeutic effect of a woman on a man at war. What is not well stated in most "Dear John" stories is role of a woman in keeping a lifeline to reality that can keep a man from losing himself in the chaos. Losing that lifeline is a brutal injury when you thought you could not ever be experience brutality beyond what you had already witnessed.

My lifeline was true to me for 13 yrs after my tour of duty. Today, she is married to my former next door neighbor. Her dad was a WWII Navy fighter and torpedo pilot; I was an Airborne Ranger. I lost him; he lost me. His wife understood who she was and is; mine did not. I live well, am remarried, grandfather, etc. I never saw her shed a tear or show any remorse whatsoever. I don't think my story is unusual.

The next step for Phil is to discover that the Court will award Sally custody, child support, and alimony in addition to at least half their assets. When his children decide they want to live with him the Court will deny them until they are "old enough" to make that decision. Sally's infidelity is only the beginning of what she can force him to endure.

I hope you will write that part of Phil's story.

whatever2258whatever2258almost 14 years ago
Chapter 2

To me chapter 2 was good but it's like a sequel of a movie that you loved and you can not wait see it and than your disappointed not to say it was not interesting.

on a side note for all of you that enjoyed this story there is a author Nelson Demille he is a VN Vet I have read several of his novels most are good not all the ones I would recommend are Up Country the story is about a Vet who goes back to Nam 20 or 30 years after his tour of duty ( it's been a couple of years since I read it so I can not recall how long it was) another is The Gold Coast it takes place on Long Island NY the main female character is a cheating wife and she reminds me of Debbie in DQS's WWWM. all can be found at Barnes and Nobles.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 14 years ago
Love and war

Not every story has a happy ending, and these two chapters underline that fact. This poor guy had the unfortunate fate to have both lost in love and in war. Life sometimes turns out like that. Thanks for the story.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
well written but I agree with deckview....

...et al. that second chapt. no help. War is hell as is life for many but for me no more play by plays of my countries stupid tragic immoral unethical and inane intrusions. What amazes me is that the Vietnamese people don't revile us.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
awful exceptionally bad

what the fuck does the husband remembering and openly talking about the Ripcord battle have to do with ANYTHING?

over 1000 words are wasted?

what is the connection?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Amazingly Good Story

Harry-- sometimes you are too stupid for words. He has been betrayed tiwce in his life. Once by the Tran fellow at the firebase and his best friend dies as a result. Now his wife betrays him and he loses his marriage is destroyed and he loses his second best friend--his wife. Now both his wife and her father understand why there can be no reconciliation, ever.

Great story from soneone who understands the loss of friends in that war.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
KUDO's Author - Exceptional & Recommended

Well conceived and delivered Author. We look forward to your next.<P>

Please excuse Harry - finding little else to complain about he fell on his own sword by not recognizing the symbolism of losing a trusted loved one whether it be war or a selfish cheating wife.<P>

With Very High Regard

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
Harry, for Christ's sake, BETRAYAL CAUSED THE LOSS OF HIS TWO BEST FRIENDS!

Not all good stories are happy ones. This was one hell of a good story!

ITMGR10 has certainly captured the agony of the Hell that was Viet Nam. He also certainly understands the Hell that comes about, as the result of betrayal by the one you love. Few have the kind of talent that has been on display in this story.

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Extremely Well Donel

The truth is that gRogers7 said it all. To a certain degree it read like to separate stories but if you sleep on it, it meshes together!

RehnquistRehnquistalmost 14 years ago
Deckview and Harry are right.

First, I can't begin to say how happy I was to see another posting by ITMGR, who is one of the best writers on this site. I also think both installments of this chapter were very well written. I think, though, that the chapter order should have been reversed.

We all know about Ripcord from the very beginning, and we know his best friend died there. Then he catches his wife cheating, beats the assholes, and goes home. At home, he's confronted by his wife and father-in-law and tells them what really happened at Ripcord. Thus, the story concludes with a final realization that he's twice been betrayed and twice the betrayal cost him his best friend.

This could, I believe, have been more effectively presented in a straightforward, chronological fashion. He comes back from Nam, when he meets his father-in-law, he eventually tells him about the full story of Ripcord while his wife is near. She sees the hurt and anger and cost of the betrayal. All the while, he's wondering if she's having an affair and also betraying him. The story then reaches a more powerful climax when he catches her cheating and she sees, in his eyes and actions, the cost of her betrayal.

Telling the story the second way does one thing that this did not: It continues to build on and maintain the tension. It's like Hitchcock used to say, "If a bomb goes off, there's a brief moment of shock and surprise. Show the bomb hidden under the table, though, while the room occupants are chatting away, and you build suspense." Here, by now knowing up front what happened at Ripcord, we had a moment of shock when he broke in and caught her cheating. Then, in chapter two, we were taken back and shown the bomb. It would have been far more effective had we--and the wife and father-in-law--known there was such a powerful bomb there all along.

Either way, this is still better than 90% of the stories on this site, and I sure as hell hopes we have more coming soon. Like DQS, I love the way ITMGR uses the same characters from story to story. Reminds me of Faulker's fictional Yoknapatawpha County, Mississippi. (Except this is a hell of a lot easier to read than Faulkner!)

kelly_kellykelly_kellyalmost 14 years ago
Good, but sad story...

This was a very good story — yet so sad. Parents lost their faith and respect for their daughter, a marriage no more — and it was a "happy ending"? Guess, I've a different meaning of happy ending in my dictionary.

Anways, it was a good story.

~Kelly~

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I can understand the husband...

but what parents would abandon their child? And why is it the husband got custody? Lets be honest, even if she fucked the entire NFL on television during primetime, she would still get custody and a hefty alimony to boot...that is, unless he was in prison for freaking out and crippling two men. Sorry, but while I enjoyed the part where he talked about Operation Ripcord, the rest was wood-killer.

AnotherClosetReaderAnotherClosetReaderalmost 14 years ago
I call bullshit on the last nony there.

"Lets be honest, even if she fucked the entire NFL on television during primetime, she would still get custody and a hefty alimony to boot"

That is not the way things work in the real world. Plenty of divorced full time dads out there. My nephew got custody of his kids after his wife signed on for the slut plan, and it was just one guy. She pays him the support checks and he has a good job. She was a bad choice without having to kill anyone or be a strung out junkie or alcoholic. Just a woman who did a stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
think about this

what if the in laws, hooked up there son in law with a girl. A sweet caring person who was not self centered like there daughter, and to top it off they were on the son in laws side during the divorce. Ask the judge to give custody of the children to there son in law. what a kick in the teeth to the daughter. Think about it. P.s. try to have the other sides in stories not always the wives but friends relatives so on.. thank you write well.

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Good story!

Why did Debbie get off scott free?

Remorse from Sally? What remorse!

Story had a familiar theme that I have read hundreds of times but this telling with the story from Vietnam was a different way to tell it !

Kudos for that!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A Great Story........but

This was a great story. No question it was a good read but the ending was lacking. It left me feeling incomplete. There were too many loose ends that I as the reader wanted to know what happened. Debbie? John and Craig? Sally and her family and her kids?

Was the ending acceptable? Absolutely. But inquiring minds still want to know the rest of the story. Maybe a short sequel to finish it up or even end it differently? Just a thought.

Thank you for writing. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent story

you are a great writer, but I would love to see another chapter. The actions of the wife just seem so out of character with the way the husband saw her. Can you you write a chapter from her POV with some insight into her character and morals that could justify or explain her actions?

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Almost!

IMHO, and it is my humble opinion, the Nam story was too long. The emotional impact could have been achieved with fewer words. For some reason she believed she could do two men on the side and never get caught? I think the term for that is magical thinking. Made an interesting story and you left the door open, in case you want to keep traveling down that dusty road.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Very good story

Enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story

Hope you will write more and expand a little more on the aftermath

C_frommnC_frommnover 13 years ago
Very Good Story

Would like to read an Epilogue about how everyone's life is Affected.

Do the guys pay as High a Price as the Women.

Does Debbie lose her Daughter?

toesmantoesmanover 13 years ago
Great read

As usual, Harry doesn't get it. The Vietnam episode explains why the betrayal was so unforgivable to him; the fact that he took the K-Bar w/ him that he had used to kill Tran. My brother spent 2 years in Vietnam and is still f%*ked up to this day, w/ PTSD (or whatever the current name is). There could never be forgiveness for him for Sally; but hopefully, he could learn to love & more importantly trust again. ITMGR, your work is great, one of the most accomplished authors currently posting. Please keep up the good work

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Good Story!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another wife ...

bites the dust, skillfully. Rest assured this will be the future of the next wife to appear here. Plot lock.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Self-righteous, cruel and vindictive. Appalling.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
One of the best stories I have ever read on Literotica!!!!

Couht me as a fan and I would like more please.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 13 years ago
Still intense

As Kelly stated... Such a sad, sad story. How can anyone get over such a long betrayal? It is impossible.

One question... How do, itmgr2010, do you fit in these stories?

I love your writing but the ones I've read are so heart wrenching. Is there a happy ending to this one?

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Terrific!

Thank you for such wonderful drama and writing skills!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Outstanding revenge on another couple of sluts!

Glad he is going to take the kids so that they are not subjected to the slut ex-wife on a full-time basis. Geez, what a skank!

But wait, perhaps that "dumb-fuck shoe no IQ" can explain to everyone why this slut is not a "slut" but instead a misguided faithful wife who misplaced her values and body for only two men that we know of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A few "tough" questions....

..... and your readers are suppose to believe Sally really had to suffer after SPREADING HER WHORE CUNT FOR "MULTIPLE" MEN OVER "MULTIPLE' years? Wow ... you really know how to make Sally suffer having to take "ALL" of those cocks..... bet she really was hurting thru all of that .... sore pussy and all ..... Oh, I forgot how you managed to punish all the men that CUCK'd Phil! I tell you what .. you really know how to "even" things up ...... very impressive .. that is if your into being a CUCK yourself???????

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent story

Although the war story was a bit long. It reminded me of the scene in the movie "Airplane!", when "Striker" is telling an old woman about HIS emotionally toubling war experience, and the camera pans back and she has hanged herself in order to escape the boredom. Still though, excellent story. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
More praise

Great stuff. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Those Stories are so fucked up

No matter what you do in those situations you loose and you can't do shit about it.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
Some really fine

story telling here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Loved it

A real man who didn't take crap from a stupid cheating bitch. I call that a hero.

So mch better than all the wimpy closet gay men writing stories for lw lately. Much much better.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
So true, most Vietnam vets have our memories in boxes out of sight.....

But never out of mind........Never!

IrfonIrfonabout 13 years ago
Why?

Why do women say when caught - but I ONLY did it 2/3/4 times ?

Why don't they understand that ONCE is wrong & the doing of it is enough - not the amount of times !!

Good, FAIR, ending - I'd have told the whole damn World - she's lucky that she isn't damaged physically,like her lovers.

Why is it the guys always get damaged physically ?

We all know that the Fuck ain't gonna happen,unless and until the bitch opens her legs....hmm?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thank You Thank You Thank You

For writing sensitively about the heartbreak that flows from betrayal and the contempt that it bears,

For the decisive response you chose to have Phil engage in,

And for the memory trip for us vets. As your earlier commentator said, we Viet Nam guys leave our stuff buried in the bottom of a box. This was an unexpected review of my personal history, and it came in a way that your guy got do be a hero again and not be criticized for it by anyone who matters.

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Okay

I liked the story until you brought up that damned Ripcord again. I saw it and the lack of transition and not caring and zoom zoom zoom ahead.

I skipped that entire section and guess what? I wasn't missing anything.

Take that for what it's worth.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good story but don't really think lengthy Ripcord tale necessary.

Waxing lengthy about Ripcord did not add, in my opinion, anything to what was a good tale. Had a couple of ex-marine senior officers (this is a fact) who worked for me and were in special ops in Vietnam. They would never elaborate on their missions..only mention the "outlines" of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
HEAVY, HEAVY < HEAVY

Rarely have I read or heard about another mans pain from the war. I used to think that there were just no people out there who were able to relate the anguesh and termoil that one experiences in times of conflict. The sense of being alone and lost is very difficult to express so that nother can understand.

I know that in my case, when I was moving towards divorce after 22 years , I could not put a finger on the feelings of loss. The betrayal and loss of trust was over powering . The sense of betrayal was to me more painful than the wounds that I recieved in combat .

Thank you for sharring with me your thoughts and feelings. You points were well expresed and the feeling were very well convade. Thanks again

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Extremely well deserved 5 Stars for this outstanding gem.

Superbly written and executed. This is what this site is all about. To sift thru excrement to find a diamond. Entertainment at its best. Well done.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Could have been a good story

without all that extended army-crap. What did the war episodes have to do with the cheating wife problem? The conection was very far-fetched in my POV.

3*

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
Great Story

@SKHP: That "Army-Crap" was there to explain why he can not tolerate betrayal, no matter what circumstances. If you don't understand that go watch sesame street.

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
Good Tale...

It's about the cheating. Most every man does it and a high

percentage of the women do too. So what are we really reading in these stories? Cheaters cheat because they think they can get away with it without losing everything.

If this was a true story...I would ask the protaganist how many times he went on RR and cheated, or how many times he paid $10-$20 to Boom Boom while 'In Country'. Betrayal is a common thing in everyone's life.

These stories are like Romance novels at first to set the story up. Then comes the betrayal. The protaganist, if he is a "Real Man," cannot accept the betrayal without being considered a wimp.

I call bullshit. There isn't one in one-hundred of you readers that are so-called "Real" men. Not unless you define "Real Men" as having the right to cheat and betray! I know that 8 or more of every 10 of you have cheated and betrayed someone that trusted you. Yet, when you so-called "Real Men" get cheated on...your pride, ego, and self-confidence is hurt and you take it out on your woman and every other woman you read about in these stories. That's all I get out of your comments when you "Torch the Bitches" post a comment.

Somewhere along the line your feeings have been wounded and you are just whining and venting your rage! I will admit that I cheated in Viet Nam and on RR both. My first wife cheated too because she could, and I divorced her eventually. Not for the cheating, but because her cheating gave me an excuse to find a younger and prettier woman that I liked better than her.

If she hadn't cheated I would have probably stayed married because I was raised that way. If she hadn't cheated...I would have respected her and our marriage too much. Now that's a "Real Man's Story"...

I fully understand that it takes two to make a marriage work, and two to destroy it!

Most of us don't cry and use our war experience to justify our acting immature and childish. Being blindsided is common because betrayals are generally kept secret for a reason. It's generally because someone doesn't want to lose their Spouse and their marriage.

This other stuff written in these stories is just entertainment. Oh, I am sorry...this fiction story is about one of those perfectly faithful husbands that was betrayed by his pretty and everloving wife wasn't it? That means it was not a true story! There are no perfect and totally faithful husbands, nor is there a wife that is so loving...that would go out and screw another man deliberately... I will get off my soap box now. Thanks for the story

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Sometimes 5 stars is not enough

This is One of those times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good story,

but he needs to find true love, can you write another chapter for his sake? Thanks

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
man i gotta tellya:

you are one of the best authors of this type of story on here.

i am always impressed with your plots and characters. i find all of the actions of the poor cuckold bastards not only believable but down right noble. examples of true men who stick to vows and are true to their convictions. these men always tend to take the high road and move on with their lives and have the best revenge....a life well lived and happy. i love these men and hope i am as noble in the future, i know i havnt been in the past. in the days i was cheated on i kinda went overboard in the revenge side LOL. but i am older and wiser and know for a fact that once a cheater always a cheater in 99%% of the cases and it aint worth hopin yer cheating spouse is in the 1%. anyone can tell this by just looking at the relationships of those around us with really open eyes. it kinda makes yer stomach sick to see it. it seems a lot more men do the cheating than women but i wonder about that statistic. i think that women are just sneakier and more able to compartmentalize their lives. and a happy man is a dumb and complacent man for sure that gets in a rut where if no one drops the actual proof in their laps, the just go on all happy happy. i think that the real statistic would show that men and women are probably cheating in equal numbers. i dont know if it is sexist of me or not but i do believe that a womans cheating is worse than a mans for many reasons, chief of which is that men and women are different psychologically when it comes to sex. and that difference makes all the diff in the world.

anyways this is just my 2c worth. LOL

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

@RonRWood

1. According to figures of the cheating statistics 65-70% of the husbands were minimum 1 affair during the mariage in lifetime and 55-60% of the wives were minimum 1 affair. The difference is only 10% between the 2 genders.

2. There is a category that husbands and wives who had only 1 (or maximum 2) short time affairs. I call them relative fathfull spouses. However the 30-35% of husbands do not cheat on their wives according to the figures of the cheating statistics! DO NOT DO PREJUDICE ABOUT ALL HUSBANDS!!!!!! Together the relative faithful husbands and absolute faithful one would be about 50% of the husbands.

3. The problem only is the one woman husbands and relative faithful husbands common matematical group mixes with the multi cheating wives matematical group.

4. If these 2 matematical groups mixed less the happines would be greater and the divorce rate would decrease.

5. Hungarian way of saying: I woke up from my dream because my arm touch the toilet pottery.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
5 stars

Excellent story with the common problem: why did not the Author write next cahapter???!!!!!

gcg41gcg41over 12 years ago
FANTASTIC

I AGREE THIS IS MORE THAN 5 STARS

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

A much higher grade than five stars is needed here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
only one problem to leave the children with such a mindless creature is cruel

They deserve better, she needs out of the home and he needs to be there with the children. In reality it is obvious her parents would push her to have him have full custody of the children.

IN11ZIN11Zover 12 years ago
Totally Unexpected

Never did I expect to find a story like this on Literotica. The pain of betrayal on both occasions - it hurt just to read your words.

I had to revise my opinion of your skill - prior to this, I believed that you were one of a handful of my favourite authors on this site. Now ........ you're the top of the list.

5 stars from an old Grunt. Thank you for the story.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
I totally agree with IN11Z !!

This Author is something extraordinary, someone with almost Godlike power to invoke strong emotions in his readers. And this is so rare on this site. Itmgr2010 is so much better writer than any other I can recall that there is simply no reference common with any other author. Thank you .

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
And I had thought I read all the great LW stories on this site!!!

How is it that this story isn't in the top lists. The best character development and realism, details like cutting the cord on the phones. Wow I'm just blown away!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Who knows anything about itmgr2010. He did not write newer story.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Too muc talk, always explaining the slut what she did wrong is so tiring. Let her explain for a change ...

"Forgive you Sally? Forgive you for three or four nights a year becoming a slut for other men? For giving away what I cherished most in the world, yourself? Forgive you for destroying my trust in you? Forgive you for destroying my belief that you and I belonged to each other and no one else?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Actually, count2three, she only gave away the pussy. She's still there.

So quit with the drama and hyperbole ya control-freak faggot. I love fucking married pussy. Or do I mean..nevermind, you wouldn't understand with a handle like that.

cueball961cueball961about 12 years ago
Wonderful!

Absolutely wonderful. The story was beautifully tragic. The characters were so richly drawn that they almost took me out of my own world into another one. This is a talent that many writers never manage to develop at all, much less to this degree.

The plot managed to point out the absolute devastation that cheating can bring into a relationship. So many times it's a genie that can't be put back in the bottle. It also points out the horror a cheating spouse feels when they realize, too late, what their stupidity and selfishness has cost them. And lastly, it also clearly points out that the damage is wide spread, with many casualties.

Of course, as a former active duty Marine, I clearly relished the military angle to the story. This is heightened by the fact that I was also an artillery man. I was, however, on the other end of the program as a forward observer, calling in the rounds.

This story was, as I said, simply stunning. I gave it the full five stars without hesitation or regret. Well done! Semper Fidelis!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Pls write some more

I really enjoy your stories , pls write some more

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
BUT HONEY, I DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG

depending on how one looks at wrong in comparsion, TK U MLJ LV NV

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 11 years ago
Well Written...

What bothers me was when Phil tried to alter her plans, she was not flexible. That was the point where she chose her affair over her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Powerful story and very well written...

Phil's description of Ripcord and how it devasted him was heart rending. Then describing how Sally brought him back to life only to devastate him again was tragic. The parallels were so well done. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Interesting detail

The soon to be ex-wife's true motivation is not explained well enough to sound plausible. Her own description in the story suggests that she is mindless and easily led to do things that she should find morally repugnant. Debbie who she knows at the beginning to be a slut is allowed to feed suggestions that almost no wives would follow. Is she very stupid or highly gullible or is there some other reason for such unbelievable stupidity ? This lack of understanding her real motivation to ruin her family,ruin her husband's respect, earn the disrespect of both her own parents and her former in laws this is the real shortcoming of this story,

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Answer to "Interesting Detail" by Anonymous

Although the setting of this story is in the early 1980's, the piece is written in the here and now, and so the characters exhibit what today's culture can imagine.

As a law enforcement professional, I can say with assurety, that women do really stupid things because many of them in our society today have never been taught to have a moral compass of any sort.

Our society says, "Let the talented kid play even if he breaks all of the team's rules and misses practices. What matters is not what's right; what matters is whether we win or not." So little Johnny (or Sally) who has no talent but abides by all the rules, rides the pine while Stevey (or Suzy) the team superstar, hogs all the playing time, even though they broke every rule in the book, and their attitude stinks up the whole locker room. The kids all see this, and they learn. There is no right and wrong to them; there is only, "how do I win for me?"

In this story, Sally is a byproduct of our morally defunct society. She understands the often very real truth today that if you're talented enough, pretty enough, and know the right people, there are no consequences for breaking the rules.

Hopefully that satisfies your concerns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story

But knowing that this kind of crap happens so regularly in real life makes me totally dumbfounded in the idea of marriage at all. The fact that Phil will probably still get the shaft makes it even more distasteful. I wish a lot of luck to those that do take the leap of faith, but I don't have much hope for them.

As for the person who said Sally's actions weren't plausible, you probably haven't known enough people who cheated on their spouses (though I think that's a good thing 'cause the knowledge has made me a pretty cynical person).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
ugh what a kick in the gut

UGH!! another sad tale.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good story

Generally, I don't enjoy stories when otherwise good characters fall from grace with no chance of redemption. Sally was naive and manipulated by Lisa and John into their circle of debauchery. Sally bought in due to bad moral judgment while almost living dual lives one devoted to her family and the other to Lisa . Lisa is a skank and total low life and I felt no bad feeling about her consequences over her divorce resulting from Phil's expose of her wrong doing with John and Craig. Sally was guilty but naive and she was dealt with as an equal of Lisa which are very different in my mind. The author presented this situation Sally participated over two years at a frequency of four times a year. Sally deserves punishment and she deserves exposure for her errant despicable behavior. Phil is a man of great pride and he should've confronted Sally prior to her leaving the house. Sally lost it all with no chance of redemption given the circumstances. Lisa was a scumbag with consequences not reaching the size of her offences in the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous