All Comments on 'We Need to Talk, Jim'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 105 Comments
OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Wow

One of the best! Short and sweet. No need for talk at all. Actions speak louder than words.

Happy New Year.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Is this a challenge story?

Fine!!!!!

Ducky7Ducky7over 13 years ago
I agree, right to the point of the matter

Get their attention first then speak softly.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
In a way I liked it

Definitely was straight and to the point, but some of the important parts to the story for me was left out.

I like all of the nasty details of her cheating and coming home to be caught in her own deceptiveness before the papers are served on her cheating ass.

Still in all it's a good story, just not enough of it.

Thanks for your shortest story that's posted on the last day of the year.

I hope that you have a good New Year in the coming year, and thanks for all of the good stories that you have posted.

Rich

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
ARGH!!!!!!!

Oh Brit! This was far too short, too short to include your usual wit and charm -- if I may say so, the style that makes your voice unique on Lit.! Repent sinners! lol.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Kinda

like an orgasm without the sex.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Is This More Of That "Flash Story" Shit?

Might have been a great story, if you hadn't been too lazy to write it. Short and incomplete gets you a one!

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
Hang on Brit...be with you in five minutes, we need to talk Brit

1 2 3 4 5.......347 348......663.64.65.....750...Ahhh bugger, he's right...damn spot on.

But hang on a minute...there's more...if you take into account the preface and postscript...then the total comes to ummmm, wait..751 52 53 54....821. Giggles

But then I have come to except that Britease tries his best to give value for money...falls on the floor laffin.

Since I'm not paying out any money as such, then it's damn good value.

Way to go Brit, you must have whipped this one up between serving drinks to the customers.

Amanda

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
Blinks, I've just had a disturbing thought?

I've written comments longer than this story. I doubt I could write a story in 750 if my arse depended on it. After all I am female and as a lot of men have commented. I can talk under water with a mouth full of marbles.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination as to what that implies.

Now what sexy dress will I choose for tonight's frolicing. Hmm the black strapless number should get blood boiling. Just hoping that there's some females out there that will appreciate it as well....rofl

Waves,Happy New Year to all.

Amanda

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Hmm, at first I thought this'd be a humor story, a la Harddaysknight, or where the ending was an unusual twist, totally unrelated to cheating or divorce, but was not to be. XD

At first glance, I thought it was too short. Not enough story itself to flesh it out. Re-reading it makes me think that there is no ACTUAL information missing. Nothing that is absolutely vital to the story itself.

If you read between the lines (or not), we know the wife started working half a year ago for some bigshot guy, and presumably, started cheating. Husband finds out, and starts going for a divorce. Wife notices he's withdrawing from her because of her cheating (not knowing that he's going to divorce her).

The wife seems to regret it, and by her words says it's over. Notice that she never says she had sex, or cheated, or fucked anybody at her company. She never actually confesses as such. She only says SHE knows that HE knows.

Also note that in the scene of the story itself, SHE IS LATE. Again, presumably because she's been fucking someone at work. A goodbye fuck perhaps?

Then she is served, and not unexpectedly. There's no need to spell out what's in that envelope...

We know the reaon (wife cheats at work), the history (husband and wife have a falling out because of her cheating, hence the "we need to talk" and "you can't put this off any longer"), and the conclusion (divorce papers served).

Still, with all this, I'd have liked to see the story fleshed out just a tad bit more. Oh well. Good flash.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
Thanks . . .

. . . for a well written vignette; it is a true slice of life.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailover 13 years ago
No love there.

Even if you don't condone cheating, it's part of love to also be forgiving. But that's not the point of stories like this. There's a segment of wimpy guys on this site that are so insecure that they feel the need to write machismo stories of husband who drop the hammer on their wives the second they find out she cheated.

Funny thing is, it is so blatant because this has gone on for year, and undeniable is the fact that these same self righteous idiots never have a problem with husbands who cheat.

OH yeah, it's all good in the comments when a husband cheats on his wife with her sister, mother, daughter, best friend, boss lady, co-worker, neighbor, bank teller, pizza delivery girl, daughter's best friend.

Yeah, even though stories where the husband totally betrays his wife's trust seem to be OK with the reviewers, even stories where the wife has permission, these wimps feel so threatened, they have to respond and start quoting Dr. Phil or something.

Idiots. It's no wonder there is no love or forgiveness, it's obvious some idiots see a wife as property. You twats aren't much different than those idiots who do honor killings.

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 13 years ago
lovely

thank you for a story that is just right.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Good story

Every man has to deal with a cheating wife in his own way. Personally, I would have dealt with it exactly the way Jim did in this story. For all of you forgiving wimps out there, forgive this-SCREW YOU!

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
The Heart of it.

Nicely done and no wimps here. The only way you escape that charge on the site is to not let the victim think. He only reacts and we hope that he will not turn out to be a voyeur!

The scheduling of the process server was a very nice idea!

fregenfregenover 13 years ago
Ah, yes. Concise.

No violence, no hysterics, no shouting; just a reasonable man taking reasonable actions.<P>

The wife had, at the very least, a six month affair going. Not a one time slip or indiscretion that might have been excused as unplanned or unintended. Had she ended it tonight? Perhaps. Perhaps she was actually full of remorse and it was over. Or had her boss had his fill of her and HE was the one that ended it?<P>

Sad, but either way, it was a little too late. And RHDN aside, I do not think he acted precipitously or out of malice. He had given her 6 months and from his words he still loves her. He’s just had enough. Sad.<P>

Thanks for sharing

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago
To rustyhotdippednail

Never thought I'd say this, but if you don't like these stories, don't read em.

There can be forgiveness without reconciliation, you know? They could divorce, and he forgives her without getting back together.

About the cheating husbands thing, that is all in your head. Virtually all of the stories in Loving Wives are about wives who cheat, not husbands. The cheating husband story is incredibly rare, which is why you don't see many comments on them.

And you saying that commenters think that it's OK for husbands to cheat, but not for wives? Plain bullshit. Stop being a self righteous idiot you accuse others to be.

Idiot. It's no wonder the Loving Wives section is flooded with stories and comments alike about cuckold wimps who let their wives stomp all over them. You aren't much different from the wimpy cuckold husbands in those stories.

No gender given in your bio, and your fetish is wife watching...Wait, you're a woman? No wonder!

Happy new year! XD

mike2710mike2710over 13 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the entertainment. It was exactly as you described it shot.

Thank you for continuing to write these stories while the Annoying ones give you crap for feed back. Don't let them drive you away.

Mike from Texas

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
WOW What an exceptional story!

You are winning me over as a fan with each story from your pen This one was a charm! Thanks for the many stories over the short past while

RehnquistRehnquistover 13 years ago
You were right

This isn't a story per se because it doesn't have a beginning or an end. It doesn't tell us the motivations or how things reached the point they did.

Nevertheless, it is incredibly poignant. Well written, concisely told, and told enough for us, the readers, to fill in the blanks.

A sad yet superb tale!

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
One of the best!!!!

Smooth, concise, creative. And excellent job. Probably one of the most believable stories here. So excellent I wish I had written it. Oh, for those having not lived in England, the City is London's financial district. Think Wall Street. :-) Sound like something one of those cheeky burkes in the stock market would do!

BESTEST OF REGARDS! :)

Chagrined

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

eagle14eagle14over 13 years ago
Short sharp and sweet

Loved it

None of this cuckold wimp that this site tends to glorify

This is the truth of what happens if you cheat

You destroy your marriage - short sharp and sweet

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Short Is Sweet

This is a classic short short. As Britease said, it's a shapshot of a moment, but like the best poetry, it sums up a whole much larger story. It's the difference between a murder committed with a hat pin through the eye compared to blowing somebody up with a bazooka. Neat and sweet.

BFG85BFG85over 13 years ago
To rustyhotdippednail.

STFU you wimp asshole. Forgive a cheating slut like this? Why? Once a cheating slut always a cheating slut and yes the same can be applied to a cheating husband if anyone cheats male or female they deserve everything they get. You must be VERY lucky that no one you love or have sex with has cheated on and fucked around on you at least you don't know if they have or not. Forgivness always comes at a price you haven't learnt that yet have you? Until you do read your own swinger and slut wife and cuckold stories you love so much.

To Britease. Thank you for this story and your previous story, who knows one day you might even become a "Torch the bitch" writer, just kidding you write your stories how you want to. And by the way you are doing a great job of helping Mandy01.

Thanks again.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years agoAuthor
Thank you everyone

Well, nearly everyone. I actually thought my similar story about Tony last week was better than this one, but this has attracted twice as much interest already. Perhaps it was the Christmas rush?? I do enjoy writing little flash stories like this from time to time, but my next one (probably) will have a bit more meat on it. Happy new year everyone. I can't hope to describe how much satisfaction (and not a little frustration at times) my interaction with readers gives me. To that little group who e mail each time to tell me that they've given me a '1' without bothering to read it yet again, then happy New Year as well. If that's what gives you pleasure, then be my guest. Pleased to have been of service.

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Wild about comments......

1. You gave us a "Flash"

2. You took the time to do it.

3. I/We Enjoyed it.

4. A Happy Safe and Prosperous New Year To You!

5. Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

PS He honored the killing of a marriage....

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 13 years ago
Good

But, what happened, was there any chance for reconciliation and forgiveness or was the divorce a done deal?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
A brief snapshot in time.

Short stories are an art form and flash stories are even more difficult. This was a good one. Papatoad and DangerouslyDead have also mastered this unique genre. The story told us all we needed to know. Well done.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Good story!

Very nice story! The good guy wins! Thanks for sharing it!

machandsomemachandsomeover 13 years ago
I liked it

ALOT! Thank you!

HarryHaversackersHarryHaversackersover 13 years ago
Good one!

Not every story has to be ten thousand words long to be enjoyed. Some of those who have commented don't seem to understand that concept.

Good job, Britease

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Very sharp

A very concise "Goodbye bitch!" story.<br><br>

After betraying him for months, SHE decides she needs to "fix" things. Oops, too late. Just 5 more minutes and HE will be ready for his response. Guess there's not much left to talk about after all. We even get an idea that it is an effective response since she is sobbing at the end. A nice little piece.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Haha !!!

5 stars .

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Rustyoldnail

First Britease, this was a good look at a bad day. You gave us all the information required. Rusty, you say it is a part of love to be forgiving. The largest part of that love should be the desire not to hurt the ones you love in any way. Stabbing them in the heart and asking them to forgive is pretty fucking stupid. They will never forget it. And then you attack authors for writing about something that happens every day. Divorce and reality. I can't quote Dr. Phil as you have said, I don't watch the fucker. I have read the stories and comments on this site for years. The people who are against cheating do not alter their view on the subject much. Whether it is male or female. You have also said that husbands and wives do not own each other. Believe it or not, a normal part of love is wanting to own each other. Try this slick, tell all the married women you know that they do not own their husbands and see how that goes. You will probably be hit with a piece of furniture before you complete your task. I have read your comments before. You call us twats and idiots because we have a normal point of view? The reason there is no forgiveness is because people are constantly getting fucked over by their fellow man. It makes them skeptical. It is funny that you point your finger at us while you are knee deep in shit. Are you the shoemans brother? Good one Britease.

jrj777jrj777over 13 years ago
Thank You

Thank You for the short story. To the missouriusa commenter

I feel that you missed the point. There were no winners. Both parties lost. The wife seems to be the cause with her new job. This short story does not give a full look into the marriage. They needed to talk before the wife decided to re write the marriage vows.

Thanks again for the post

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years agoAuthor
hey --- this one went down well

Wouldn't normally comment a second time, but we've just celebrated the new year in at my bar, and I'm feeling all sort of soppy! I'm going to bed now -- well, when i've washed up the glasses. happy new year everyone!!!!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
is RustyHotNail a PROFESSIONAL douche Bag?

he asserts :

... undeniable is the fact that these same self righteous idiots never have a problem with husbands who cheat.

PROOF? examples?

------------------------

OH yeah, it's all good in the comments when a husband cheats on his wife with her sister, mother, daughter, best friend, boss lady, co-worker, neighbor, bank teller, pizza delivery girl, daughter's best friend.

PROOF? LINKS? EXAMPLES?

---------------------------

Yeah, even though stories where the husband totally betrays his wife's trust seem to be OK with the reviewers,

proof? link? examples?

harry.

its 2011 Rusty. Go to AMAZON.com and search "brain" or " get a clue"

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent!

BT,

Very good job, but a total teaser. I hope at sometime you'll write the rest of it.

Matt

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Well Done.

And you are correct. This is a middle. But you have painted a very good scene, and that's what you wanted to do. He knew. She knew. And this was the delivery.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Obvious

and great fun reading. Way to go Brit!

thank you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
Goes over as you state in intro. Well Done!

Nice quick read excellently written. Just a small snapshot of a day with enough history to tell a background story.

Well worth time to read.

Thank you

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Terrific

Thanks for writing.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
rustyoldnail

your rant hating all those that would dump a cheating spouse is dumb as dirt ! as another poster stated , you kill the thing that a marriage depends on , you have little left . I read the stats in an article one time and it appears that women are a bit more forgiving than men are on the subject , but not a whole lot . If I remember , 72-74 % of women said they would go for divorce with no chances back , while 87% of men said the same thing . This article questioned married people with no children . Thats how most people are built dude . Its not insecure machismo shit , its reality ! The rest are probably the wimp/cuck fucks like yourself . As for cheering on a cheating husband ........I also give 1 star ratings for those guys . Cheating is cheating no matter who does it ......no excuses , no justification ....PERIOD

Good quickie Brit !! as you can see most liked it .

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 13 years ago
Loved It

Suspense,Drama,Consequences and Tears Boo Hoo ;_(

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHO GOT WHO

ON A "GOT YA".....TK U MLJ LV NV

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Did someone

Get the license plate of that story?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
HA

It's called turning the tables on the cheating wife. Attack her first, then she what she has to say.

Excellent

OH YEAH

DeYaKenDeYaKenalmost 12 years ago
Didn't have time to make it shorter.

Oscar Wilde once ended a particularly long letter with the words. "I am sorry this letter is so long, I didn't have time to make it shorter.

Sounds like a joke but it's not. It is much harder to write a story this short and hold the readers interest to the end. You sir, have done that and I congratulate you. I am a great believer in "leave them wanting more" judging by the comments I would say you did just that.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 11 years ago
A choice of words

Your term is SNAPSHOT, some use FLASH, I prefer VIGNETTE. As with any choice, as long as the meaning is clear, variety in language is a fertilizing element. I always enjoy your stories and comments, Britease, this one is certainly concise and to the point.

ErotonautErotonautover 11 years ago
Clearly a marriage in trouble

Of course, we have no idea what the cause is, whether he is partially to blame, and whether he's really serious about ending it. Perhaps his economic superiority led to him becoming too controlling, maybe this was just a stupid moment when she gave in to temptation; the sole thing we do know is that she decided to confess all, but only when she thought he already suspected. It's a snapshot, but it doesn't tell us the entire story.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
That's the kind of story

that singles you out as a brilliant writer.

'Brevity is the soul of wit' as Polonius says in Hamlet - and here is the proof.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Wow..

Very short, right to the point..brilliant, indeed.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Another Britease Flash Story

Britease: Just read another one of your stories earlier and ran across this one. You are the master of the no bullshit flash story. Just love the set up. "We need to talk". "No we don't". Short sweet and to the point. Instead of the great line, I'll just add this to great dialogue. Again no wasted words. And the end after having the cheating slut served, "OK, what do you want to talk about?". Excellent story. Thanks.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Bravo

A word I never thought I would type about a britease story.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
bee-you-tit-full

Brit this is such an excellent piece of work! Sparse, to the point and clear as vacuum.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Perfect

Check and mate fucking bitch.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@betrayedbyove

Mega Dittos!

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Perfect

Nothing more needed. 5*****

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Very well...

Very well as usual...

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
Not really a story....

Can't have a story without a beginning, middle and an end.

enjayemenjayemover 8 years ago
Haters gonna hate

but I loved it. Flash stories are a genre all of their own and not an easy write. We must appreciate them for what they are. They teach us economy of words, which some writers on this site could well learn. For me, the story is complete in that my imagination supplies circumstances leading up to the point and the scene itself supplies the conclusion. He knew what he wanted and did it with maximum prejudice. No way to reconcilliation from here.

Good write. I apprecite the skill involved.

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Cheating Cunt Gets What She Deserves

She cheats,she's gone! Simple really.

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozabout 8 years ago
750 words

Neat & complete - enough said!

ErotFanErotFanover 7 years ago
Finally!!!

All cheating wife stories boiled down to the essence!

A 5* kudos to you sir.

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
Masterful!

Thanks!

(750 word story, 6 word comment)

ejsathomeejsathomeover 7 years ago
Good . . .

. . . one. Thanks. Reminded me a bit of Ohio's "Scenes from a Marriage," but a bit more light-hearted. Enjoyable.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Good On Him!

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on!

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

How could any one not like this little gem. Bfg85 is a idjet.

kage440kage440over 6 years ago
More development

A very good flash(?) short story. I'd love to hear how it came to pass, build up the characters, what happened later. A great intro.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Story summary was quite erroneous.

"A short interlude in a marriage."

That was a blatant lie. 'Should have been instead:

"A short interlude into THE END of a marriage."

See now - much better. FIFY

darthdaxdarthdaxabout 6 years ago
DAMN!!!

DAMN!!!... I love this one!!! Always picks me up when I'm feeling down!!!

Thanks!!!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
One of my favorite stories!

I've read it several times and I've loved each each and every time I've read it. Not a wasted word. Not a telegraphed move. Perfect!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Top notch

Simply sublime flash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Perfect.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 5 years ago
Well done

Enough said.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice

Just perfect, let her lover and the slut take their medicine.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
You did it short and sweet

No complaints

5 stars and favorite

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Can't

Can't beat that one. Perfectly.used 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To the point

Same old theme. Affair with the new boss. But to the point, end of marriage.

Well written. Thank you. Marie.

odogwuodogwuover 4 years ago
Re-We Need to Talk, Jim:

Correct man, remind me to buy for him a chilled bottle of beer anytime me meet.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
great story

perfect timing! short, sweet, to the point.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
I've written two 750-word stories.

Neither is as good or as original as this. I'm jealous, but I thank you for a great story.

TreymonTreymonalmost 4 years ago
So short

So sweet and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good old Britease brevity!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stealing her Thunder

Good Story! Like how her cut her off at the pass and stole her thunder. Actions speak louder than words. You cheated, our marriage is over and I'm divorcing you...nothing more to talk about except how everything gets divided up.

ZalanaZalanaover 2 years ago

And in another few words; and then she said, "But why would you divorce me over a Housie Addiction?"

But that would be 764 words

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Revenge is best served cold.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Nope, no revenge, no atonement or penance from the slut. Unfinished at best...

pantylvr2pantylvr2about 2 years ago

short and to the point

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

Read it again and still one of my favorite stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wishing there’s a bit more to it. but then this wouldn’t be a 750 word story. As it is, to the point & I loved how he kept putting the talk from happening as his wife wanted. Probably the best I’ve read from this author . — Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

sexecutioner sorry but divorce is revenge enough .

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

Very Good! This is one of a whole bunch of "Honey, we have to talk" stories from this talented author. Many thanks to him, on behalf of us all!

R.S..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on a Short and sweet Story

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Down and Dirty and so satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Way too much was left out if this story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous