All Comments on 'We Need to Talk, Mike'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
I THINK MIKEY REALLY DOES LIKE IT THIS TIME

he could possibly get all the cake, icing, ice cream and get to keep all the presents, TK U MLJ LV NV

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
5*

Short, to the point and very entertaining :)

Why is this in EC instead of LW tho?

DeYaKenDeYaKenabout 10 years ago
Why is this story in erotic couplings ?

There is no erotic coupling taking place. Frontlinecaster probably reported it as a snuff story, (which it's not) and laurel moved it. It's about time she decided whose site this is, his or hers?

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

100% agree with DeYaKen here.

I'v noticed the latest work by Colinthedog was moved here from LW and Bretease newest tale was posting in EC as well which makes zero sense considering what the stories in question are about. Maybe reading a story before you move it might not be a bad idea!

As for FLC, Just ban the asshole causing the problem and be done with it.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 10 years agoAuthor
Authors complaint!!!!!!!

This was submitted to Loving wives and not this category! Firstly 'they' refused it because they claimed it contained unexacceptable material which it didn't and now they put it into the wrong category! What's going wrong with Lit? What a bloody mess! How am I going to sort this out please? Fair puts me off my beer it does.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Nice Flash Tale

Certainly belongs in LW and does not even have an Erotic Coupling! Where is the FTDS chorus which always accompanies this kind of story?

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
They're doing it to other BTB authors too.

Slirpuff's newest one got moved here to EC too, and my previous LW submission got moved to Non-Con. Lit needs to get their heads out of their 4th points of contact.

This one was a 5 Star tale, though. Loved it, Brit! Keep holding the line across the pond, brother! :D

BTTapBTTapabout 10 years ago
I liked this one a lot, despite LW's re- (and wrong-) categorization.

As to the story, very slick and clever. I dug it's premise and ambiguity. Pretty clever shit.

This new practice of the Lit powers that be moving revenge and consequence/cheating stories out of LW and into EC is baffling. There is a long history of these types of stories (including REALLY good ones by such LW legends as Britease, Ohio, Longhorn, Renquist, DQS1, HDK, and others) being part of the LW landscape. Why boot these stories now?

And, for the love of god, why to EC, of all places? Surely, they fit more in LW than in EC.....

I have no idea what the fuck is going on, but it's a slippery slope. How much revenge or anger or angst is allowed before a story gets booted from LW? Does the protag hubby actually have to slurp another man's jizz from his wife's pussy for the story to stay there? Recockulous.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
Good Twist

may have been a short story, however the punch line fact was still very effective

PultoyPultoyabout 10 years ago
Fun one

This was a lot of fun. Coming up on that surprise ending tickled my fancy. Great job of sucking the world in.

Thank you for writing.

5*

Regards,

-Pultoy

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Cute Comes to Mind

For an author whose male leads are usually soppy reconcilers, this was refreshing. Nice.

SlirpuffSlirpuffabout 10 years ago
To The Point

Most of the times it's not the length but the quality...

I'm speaking of story length... get your minds out of the gutter...

And why are they moving stories around like this one???

xtremeddxtremeddabout 10 years ago
Yeeeup... that's the way the pallet tumbles.

Good'n Brit, good'n.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

cpetecpeteabout 10 years ago
GOT ME!

Great turn at the end...well done!

BriteaseBriteaseabout 10 years agoAuthor
Palletable --- Smirk

I ask you?

verbicideverbicideabout 10 years ago
Indeed

As palatable as palettable ponderings purport to be. Which merely leaves the question, do our palates have a propensity towards stories of pallets or are we merely poisoned against the palletless. Perplexing.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 10 years ago
As a story, this was quite

"palettable" (smirk)...

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Well...

My wife is more than satisfied with my length and quality.

*whistles innocently* :D

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
SOMETIMES

the husband isn't the last to know, TK U MLJ LV NV

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 10 years ago

Wow, I love how DeYaKen thinks I'm all powerful at getting stories moved around. How would I have reported this story and gotten it moved before it was ever posted? Clearly someone is finally catching on that you assholes don't belong in Loving Wives and perhaps making that category worth reading again.

But it's alright Ken, you're still all butt hurt about one of your shitty stories getting removed because you wrote snuff porn to cover for not having the ability to write a story about real characters. Keep blaming me for everything that goes wrong.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

A fun read.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Great Shortie*****

Thanks for sharing.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 10 years ago
Predictable

But in a good way.

potsherdpotsherdalmost 10 years ago
I see your point

This story should have been in the LW category, not EC. The annoying thing is that it probably should have had two to three times more readers in LW, as well as far more comments and discussion. Britease, you was robbed.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Too Short

I've liked most of your short stories, but this one cries out for more.

Still 4* for what there was.

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 10 years ago
I vote for

Taking her back, after laying down the law and having her on a short leash. Depending, of course, on the barmaid.

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
If she comes back.

Yes its a terribly sad, tragic, unforseen, accident. Gwen you are inconsolable right now, but if there is love left for us I'd like to try. Why don't you lie... down try and rest a bit. I give you some time to rest I'll just head over to the pub for a pint. Then we can talk when I return. *~*.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Take Her Back?

Never in a million years. She cheated on him for 6 months, then ambushed him and left him with everything all planned out. Change those locks real quick before she has a chance to get back. Get to the lawyer before her and file the papers. It didn't go the way she expected, so what. Let her lose. Thanks for the short but entertaining story with a nice twist at the end.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 9 years ago
5 star

Great fun this dark little tale is.... more please!

PearDrop3PearDrop3over 8 years ago
5*

I've read this several times, and the more times I read it, the more I think it would be even better if there was a few paragraphs added with the wife coming home, or trying to come home. Excellent read.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
Gwen should make....

Arrangements to join Gerald as fast as possible. She could jump in front of a train, or just go to her husbands job site and have them drop some pallets on her. Then she can be with the love of her life in a nice hot place reserved for adulterous people.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

"if I'd said the right thing at that moment then she'd call the whole stupid thing off." - Why?! She's already been cheating with "Gerald" for months! MAYBE if she hadn't already cheated, and was waiting until she left Mike to cheat, he might want to call it off, but why now?

LOL, I had an evil thought that it was Gerry that got killed in the accident!

No way I would take her back, barmaid or not! Again, if she hadn't already been cheating, maybe, but not with the cheating on record.

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
fantasy guy

The question, would he take her back? Not likely.

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
I love twist/surprise endings!

Nice one Britease. Thanx.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Regardless of how that pretty little barmaid turns out to feel about him...

Someone needs to remind Mike that his unfaithful wife has been cuckolding him for a good while.

Martin may be dead now, but it certainly doesn't mean Gwen would pull this sort of crap if she crawls back to him.

So, if she has the stone to turn up, begging her husband for another chance, the man better welcome her... with new locks on the doors, and her shit in the driveways.

Pretty little barmaid or not, this marriage is done.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
I disagree, and the story is wrong.

If there was reconciliation the murder motive would be winning somebody back that despised, cheated, then discarded him. He'd kill to be back in second place, while on the other hand is so over the relationship he goes out prospecting the same day she left. The story is wrong.

Or, the motive would be revenge for taking the source of his strange creampies away. Thats even more wrong, because when the source of the story is considered, it is plausible.

If there isn't, the motive is probably dumb, like revenge for helping get divorced from a deceitful cow. No good deed goes unpunished. The story is wrong.

IkarisIkarisabout 6 years ago
Irony

LOL. Very nice.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 6 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche dtory

A crushing end to an adulterous affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Little twist

Short and sweet

Masterpuppy2974Masterpuppy2974about 5 years ago
I can tell

Cause if you did you'd know how impossible it would be for that to happen. Entire racks can fall on a lift leaving the driver unscathed.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Head over to?

Agree forklifts have overhead protection for that reason

Still enjoyed revenge

As said before blood thirsty animal

3 stars

tanglosaxtanglosaxalmost 5 years ago
Your stories are

incredibly funny, of course in a noir sort of way. Please write more.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Hey, I like it!

Short, sweet, to the point. Make her return hell.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
I prefer to think that he stacked the pallet...

...and knew who would get injured. Then again, I'm just in that kind of mood. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lack of completion

Please for once finish the story off, they are good, well constructed stories and deserve to be completed covering ALL details, you are better than this

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Very Fit Ending

There are some that think this tale had no end to it.I believe it had at least two endings, and possibly a beginning.

Ending 1, Forklift drivers life.

Ending 2, Gwens marriage.

Beginning, Mike & barmaids possible romance.

Ain't life just grand?

ZalanaZalanaover 2 years ago

Gee some folk have no imagination..you kinda have to tell them to put their underwear on before their trousers I guess... I loved this one Brit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. I was hoping for that ending as she told of the Christmas party. Your works are quite entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wouldn't take her back no matter what.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Again, need a little more to the ending. I’ve always been a forgiving person, however in this case she would throw 15 years down the drain for a little lust. She had known him for less than a year and was dumping her husband for him, so quick, just like that. Throw her sorry ass to the curb and you better not take her back under any circumstances. It wouldn’t be long before she found another lover and dumped the husband again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good concept, good start, but incomplete

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

Fun one. A little predictable based on the subject matter. Not sure why he'd consider taking her back at all.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 2 years ago

***3 best I can do!

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Really disgusting story, as is any where author has to rely on cheap murder line to get revenge, as actually getting revenge without murder takes real imagination and creativity.

gomer63gomer63over 1 year ago

These short stories you have going here are really good for a core of a more involved story. This one, left hanging is an understatement. It's missing a really large piece that would make the story more engaging and complete.... why would she come back? Did he know something about Gerald that she didn't? That would have been the hook for me, otherwise left wanting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Please don't ever let him take the slut back!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

She cheated for a year. Throw the rest of her crap out on the lawn and change the locks. There are better women out there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only problem I see with this story is that the author hints that Mike might let this long term cheating slut back into his life. No, sorry, he should not accept being the cunt's fall back position. Other than that, superb.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

This is the ninth offering from this author in a series of 12.

An while this one really had me going nicely, the cloud-of-hesitancy in that half-suggestion that he just MIGHT consider taking her back (if he fails to pull the Barmaid) for me personally ruined the whole thing, which was otherwise, top-notch!

Just my humble opinion, but just as a wife bringing-up a plan of abandonment means that she has already broken her bond of trust, and the relationship is now-and-forever stifled, killed, stone dead, irreparable!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars if he gets the barmaid . 3 Stars if he takes the cheating Bitch back . Yes I have driven a Hyster Forklift and enjoyed it . Dale , Brian and I use to see who could stack them the highest I won about 5 % of the time and Brian about 10% of the time . Dale won the rest of the times as he was that good on a Forklift

other2other1other2other1about 1 year ago

Second time that I have read this, and this just made me smile. The twist was well positioned and very well done!

I too hope that he gets the barmaid and doesn’t ‘really’ consider taking her back…

kirei8kirei8about 1 year ago

Hilarious! If he comes back with the barmaid.

Pitiful! If he takes the worthless slut back.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

Story was fun up until the ending where there was even a consideration of taking her back.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd211 months ago

poor ending to even consider taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Seems that bad things do come in threes. You read that a favorite older actor dies and sure enough it doesn't take long before a couple more kick off in short order. You had me waiting for number three until I realized Gerald was probably Gerry. Of course I had a clue because my brother Gerald is called Gerry by all his friends.

kirei8kirei89 months ago

Oh, if only you had written about the third thing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Hahaha.....hope he doesn't take the bitch back

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

1 star - not much to like about these short few paragraphs

BlueEyd2BlueEyd25 months ago

I liked the story until the very ending, where there was any consideratiion of taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Actually, the story may have been better if it occurred after the bitch tried to come back.

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

Not a fan of BTB or BTBastard but this was well done.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Calico75Calico75about 4 hours ago

The twist is very well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous