All Comments on 'Wenatchee Ch. 01-02'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great start

Looks like you may have another winner story. Love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Fantastic start

looking forward to reading what happens next

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

Wonderful start. Nothing like a bit of a mystery to go with the story. You are doing your usual fine job. I look forward to more.

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Good start

The story looks like it could be interesting. Right out of left field without any buildup, or real reason for wanting out of the marriage. No doubt there are reasons and his attorney will bring them to the surface. Some slimeball at her job is after her, or already has gotten her in his/her bed no doubt.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
An interesting start

I am curious as to what made her want a divorce and to drop the bad news of wanting out of their marriage all of the sudden.

I'll be watching for the next chapter.

Thanks for the good read.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Nice!

Very nice buildup of mysterious behavior, look forward to the unravelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Pure speculation on my part...

... but methinks Pete will dig up some dirt on Joyce, perhaps someone at work has convinced her of this course of action for their own ends. There are a few clues.

maturemadness2maturemadness2about 13 years ago
great beginning

Nice buildup, well written and sure to be some surprises in coming chapters. Gonna be looking for the next part. Don't keep us waiting to long

NKenNKenabout 13 years ago
Please hurry..

with the next installment!

An interesting start with plenty of scope for possibilities for the next chapters.

(Don't hurry too much and blow a real good start!)

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 13 years ago
Excellent beginning

As is usual with your work, technically excellent, easy read, well laid out plot. Looking forward to the rest of it. I just hope it doesn't drag on for many chapters. Those types of stories are not to my liking, because they usually have too much filler, unnecessary to the story itself.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Excellent First Chapter

She did, apparently, what we alway say she should have done,

divorced first and then got on with things. Or did she?

Lots of mystery and nice people!

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
Has promise . . .

. . . or at least it seems so at this point. Well written and not so unrealistic about what will happen next in the first stage of divorce. The only question at all, given the site we are reading this, is hubby has no question or hint of boyfriend or compromised sexual behavior on wifes part , just the question by oldest son. I will just wait and see where this one goes. Good to have another serial to look forward to.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 13 years ago
A second thought

I note that of the first dozen comments, eight are signed and only four anon, a bit of change in the mix. Just an observation.

The real reason for this second comment is a plea to Coaster; I have travelled extensivelty through our country on business over the years but just by chance never to the Pacific Northwest. I hope you include a fair amount of local color in your story. Everyone knows about Washington State apples, of course, but I didn't know cherries were also a commercial crop. I would love to fill in a bit more before I get to visit.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Great start on what I hope is a great series....

Unfortunately this happens to thousands of people every year. I will never understand why someone seemingly out of the blue files for divorce for no apparent reason. Looking forward to the answers.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 13 years ago
Nice Start

Can't wait to see what Wifey is hiding besides a Lover.

and if it's someone from work it would be Interesting if Alienation of Affection could be Used Against "Lover"

RehnquistRehnquistabout 13 years ago
Please!!!! Don't Keep Us Waiting

Talk about hooked. Of course, it's always a great day when you see a new Coaster2 story posted. A true master, and the opening of this one doesn't disappoint. So many mysteries. (Unfortunately, now I've got to go back and alter a few things in a new series I've written 64 pages on for fear of being accused of plagiarism!)

And just to let you all know, as a divorce lawyer, you wouldn't believe how many times this happens. Just . . . BANG! . . . out of the blue he or she wants a divorce. I agree with BigJohn: After 20+ years, I still don't understand it, either.

Please hurry with Part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Outstanding!

You're one of the best writers on Literotica. Plus, I'm learning a lot about divorce strategy. So far he's pretty faultless. But divorce is usually a two-way street. So it would be interesting to read about her point of view, besides finding a hotter guy.

coaster2coaster2about 13 years agoAuthor
A word from the author

For those of you who don't know my work, I never post anything but a complete story. In addition, I post daily if the story is broken into pieces. If it is broken up, I make sure the individual pieces are large enough not to lose the thread of the story. Hope that helps.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxabout 13 years ago
Intrigue!

Agree with Rehnquist ... can't wait for the next installment!

RehnquistRehnquistabout 13 years ago
Dear Coaster,

Having just read your post promising to post this on consecutive days, I just wanted to note that I worship you. A lot.

So thanks.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
COASTER IS A FABULOUS WRITER !!!!

always has been always will be.

I read all his stuff and his skill with the PLOTS is in my view the best of any of ' big name" or well kown LW writers..

In the LW genre He is far and away the most over looked writer here at LIT.

literot63literot63about 13 years ago
You've got my attention

Great start. Well written and lots of places to go. Glad to see you are complete and will post often. As a reader, I really appreciate that practice. Looking forward to seeing where you're taking this.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
Looking at this from the perspective from my former profession

some things stand out.

1 its clears the wife was ready for this. She didnt want to talk about a divorce or her emptiness or loneliness. She had the Divorce papers all ready for him to sign.

That is not " typical".

2. This isnt about her feelings. And it is not about the marriage.

3 she NEEDS a divorce very quickly. The wife could of lied and said "yes I have found someone else".

That might of getten the husband to agree very quickly to a divorce. Yet she did NOT not do that. I think that is significant.

4 it might be blackmail but usually in these sorts of things the wife would be more emotional about it.

FWIW I think the wife is in some sort of big trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
FWIW Harry probably read the rest of the story elsewhere...

nuf said

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 13 years ago
I'm Hooked

A loving wives mystery and not just a "Who is she sleeping with?" like most of them, I love it. Your writing style is very impressive in all areas. Plus, I don't see Harry praise writers unless they really deserve it. I'm looking forward to your next installment. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
good start

i want more :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
You've done it - Again....

...and I agree that this story is very intriguing. The usual having an affair - hmmm?

Blackmailed...Hmmm?

Offered a lucrative opportunity with Benefits(?)...hmmm?

She didn't bother to share her income with him for three years and obviously didn't share much about her job with him.

I noticed that you left out Pete suggesting a P.I. to check on her social life?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it...Thanks!

Thankfully, like some authors - you don't make us wait days and days...God, I hate that!

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
I agree, a great start!

How well the rest of the chapters grow from the start will make or break this as a great story. If the start is really just a hook, then if we get chapters that are really a separate story of the main character that periodically mentions the starting problem, ho hum, especially if the end answers the questions from the first chapter, and the in between is just that, the middle. We will soon see.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
Nice beginning

The main question is what is/are the reasons the wife wants the divorce. Joyce files for the divorce, hands Jeff the divorce document to sign ASAP - which he doesn't do ASAP; and she indicates it's all about her,specifically her having to catch up on what she's missed for 20 years of being married and raising two sons.

Of course there is more to the reason(s) than what Joyce proclaims. But what are these reasons? What they are probably form the basis for the story. Jeff should start thinking about acquiring a girl friend/new wife even at this early stage. He may be too used to being married to be single for the long run.

hansbwlhansbwlabout 13 years ago
Repost!

I have read it before and know how it ends. I will be nice and not tell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Married Filing Separately (aka Married Filing Stupid

Like Rehnquist I am an attorney. My specialty is taxes. The moment any spouse wants to file a return Married Filing Separately (aka Married Filing Stupid), some serious questions have to be asked immediately. There are typically only two good reasons to file MFS.

1. When one spouse owes a owes a significant amount of money, but the other spouse could get a refund.

2. When one spouse is cheating on their taxes and the other spouse does not want to be involved.

So in the story, the husbands tax preparer should have been screaming and shouting the very first year.

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 13 years ago
He Prepares His Own Taxes

I understand the concern of the tax attorney, but noted that like many people, he prepares his own return. Not smart under the circumstances but many take the easy route. This is a great opening and I anxiously await the continuing chapters.

cageyteecageyteeabout 13 years ago
Great start!

I'm looking forward to the rest!

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Interesting start.

No infidelity, just wanting to break out. It sems to be a good setup for additional chapters.

TXanyTXanyabout 13 years ago
terrific!

Your writing is so good that I'm in his body....I feel his anguish and pain. Yes, I'm worried where this is heading....we are pretty sure she is a slut and we will find out shortly. Sadly, you have made him out to be clueless and therefore will also likely feel much pain and sadness and move on, instead of branding her with a big red "A" on her chest....oh well, that's why we read these things. Sometimes you really surprise us!

hodunkhodunkabout 13 years ago
Great Start!

Absolutley like this first installment. Your start is greatwhere will it go? I can't wait to find out. Keepem Comin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Cheating wife?

Jerry in Washington state, USA - I now generally avoid "cheating wives" stories, because I feel I've read just about every possible plot on the subject over the years. But I was attracted to your story by the story title and I am intrigued by the possibility that the divorce problem isn't marital cheating in the sexual sense, but possibly in the money / emotional sense. So far, it appears that she may be making much more money that he realizes and is hiding / has hid the money from her family. Possibly this had led her to withdraw emotionally from her family in the process - telling herself this money is MINE, MINE, MINE!! I'm very interested in your future chapters. I've added you to my favorites list so I can check for any new chapters daily. I enjoy your writing style and like your clear way of telling the story. Thanks for an interesting new story to follow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Erotica?

Interesting story and well written but what is it doing on a site for Erotica?

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Who cares?

Reading about middle age people is not sexy. Since is doesn't belong on this site, I gave it a 1.

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
DWorncock=Tool

Who voted you the arbiter of what does and doesn't belong here asshole! You contribute what? Nothing that's what. You mouth off here like anyone should care about your pathetic opinions. Why don't you try stepping into the arena and writing something since you seem to know so much about what belongs here.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Dwhorecock the pedophile strikes again

Dwhorecock, since you don't like 'old skin' or 'middle age' you must be a pedophile. Please leave this site and don't come back.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THERES A FOUL ODOR IN THE ATMOSPHERE

and a fouler wind is blowing. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Interesting start

The question is, what does Joyce have up her sleeve? There has to be more of a reason for the divorce than that she just wanted more excitement.

.

Well see...

NEXT

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
What if?

She moved his stuff into the spare room! why can't he move his stuff back into the master bedroom and shift her stuff to the spare? she wants a divorce - she moves out.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
I agree - more to come -

She has a secret - probably some hotshot pushing her to give to him what she gave to our poor dumb hero lol

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHO KNOWS WHAT THOUGHTS WORK THE MIND

not even the beholder, TK U MLJ LV NV

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Why Move Out?

If he intends to fight her for the house, shouldn't he stay there?

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I fear for the future of the family

she is in too big a hurry, has it too well planned, and has something to hide. Something shady is going on in the finance department at the dealership.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

"I've sacrificed twenty years to you and the boys. Now ... I want my turn."

And HE hasn’t sacrificed 20 years to HER and the boys?

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
"Sacrifice"

As KarenE says, why is it just about HER sacrifice? Has it all been fun and games for him?

And it had to have taken at least SOME time to develop her unhappiness, decide to get a divorce, find a lawyer and get papers prepared. In all that time she couldn't go to him, express her unhappiness and maybe get some counseling?

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
why?

The place he's renting sounds nice but why would you allow her to stay? She wanted the divorce, she can leave. . I'd have reclaimed the master bedroom and moved her shit to the guest room. Better yet when she gave you the divorce papers, tell her, there's the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

engaging storyline. Thanks for the offering.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

It's been a while, and I can't see old comments, so I may be repeating myself, but -

"I've spent the last twenty years cooking and cleaning and doing the laundry and all the other things a wife is expected to do. Now ... I want a life of my own." - And he hasn't spent the last twenty years doing all the things a husband is expected to go? Hello! That's called LIFE!

I wouldn't have moved out, or even to the guest room! She wants out? She can get the hell out!

"Easy on the language, please" - What's wrong with the language? It IS bullshit! In fact it's FUCKING bullshit!

If she was unhappy or dissatisfied she owed it to her family to say something, give them a chance to resolve the problems BEFORE filing for divorce!

"Have you done something wrong?" - Gee, thanks for the support, MOM! Why not, "What's wrong with that bitch? Is she having an affair?"

EzrollinEzrollinabout 7 years ago
If you want to leave you should be willing to make concessions.

Not happy, want more, want a life of my own... but I want you to move out and still help support me...oh and I may move some other hard dick into your house. And you wonder why some husbands shoot their ex-wife?

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
creative beginning

She's hiding something.

I understand why he didn't stay in the house. The tension would have been horrible. The parents might have been able to tolerate it but the pressure on the sons would not be fair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why leave the house?

All kinds of attorneys say this could be considered as abandoning the home. Also my guess is she is getting extras from work and that is why she does her own taxes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More BS for Literotica

The first thought of any reasonable healthy male would be to assume that the wife has ongoing affair and yet we get our time wasted on "beauty of Orondo."

Either author is incompetent "artist-wanna-be" or he thinks we have to buy his moronic characters. And what is this about Chapter 1 and 2? For Christ sake you published this as a single story, keep it as a single chapter. The whole "Wenatchee" thing could go as a single story itself.

DeKreDeKreover 5 years ago
For ...

For "reasonable healthy male" read "macho a..hole"

KRD19254KRD19254about 5 years ago

I'm surprised the lawyer approved 'abandoning' the house/family.... I understand his frustrations but give her NOTHING and NO reason to seek more - 'abandonment' is just a first step to her rape of him.

And BS on not curtailing his paycheck to the joint checking account. He has to live too. Pay the mortgage, insurance, taxes - let her use her pay check for her life!

I'm betting she has a guy on the QT/string at her work. Her father is going to rip her if she does - good guy!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Sbrooks103x

I agree with his comments from 2016. Exactly what I was thinking about this ambush. Is there another man?

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
SPUR OF THE MOMENT....NOT LIKELY

where is the woodpile that hides the truth. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm confused.

Why would you have a separate Summer home, 30 minutes up the road from where you live??

CaptFlintCaptFlintalmost 2 years ago

Delightfully well written with an subtly evolving plot; dialog that rings true to the ear, and relatable characters. Well done. Thank you.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Why is it always HER sacrifice? Like he was having a joyride through life?

\

"I didn't want to be here another minute." - No! You don't leave the house unless forced to.

\

"Yeah. She puts a thousand in every two weeks. She's been doing that since she started." - She's been putting in $26,000 a year sine she started. She likely wouldn't have started at less than $52,000, likely more, since I doubt she was putting in half her gross income. Seems a lot for starting pay, in any case he's probably making even more now.

\

"For now, let's give her the benefit of the doubt." - It's most likely she has his replacement lined up if she hasn't already been schtupping him.

\

Even if he wasn't THAT close with his in-laws, they'd still be connected through the boys.

\

"I am going to request Joyce, via Ocsana, hand over her last three income tax returns." - I've read this before, but it's been a while, but if memory serves, she's gonna be mighty pissed letting him know how much she's been making.

\

"I was pretty sure Joyce was thinking that too." - No, she was just thinking of hiding her assets.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel612 months ago

Really solid story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories