All Comments on 'What Goes On'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 203 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Betty and Veronica, too funny

Not an instant classic like some of your other tales but a fun read nonetheless

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
FUNNY!!!!!!!!

And very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
RandomHardon

in SomberCuckoldry would appreciate a creampie

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fair 4

You've done better - a lot better but, it was enjoyable.

Thanks!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Head & shoulders above the usual daily LW fare ( knee high to the best of HDK )

my first impression is the narrator is married to a bit of a tart albeit a clean shaven one.. The story is a farce so a pox on anyone who wants to overthink things. Good to see HDK wield his tart wit like a Tiajuana switchblade in the first page.

Things seemed to get a little obvious, heavy handed & borderline preachy in the 2nd & final page . HDK has said himself the endings are the hardest part. " Drive for show, putt for dough" is how golfers phrase it.

There's no denying the pleasure though felt seeing his name in New Submissions for it's a given his worst efforts are better then most & his best are sublime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

The moaning little troll with the pin sized dick is reading every single cuckold story on this site, poor little troll no one to play with?

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Well Done

You don't know what you have....until someone else wants it.

TXanyTXanyover 12 years ago
barely a four

Too stilted. Even the dumbest wife would have seen the parallels when he shaved (seeing as how they were married 20 years and she had never done it either. She never figuring it out and he having to explain it, and surprise, surprise, he is related to her best friends....yeah, right. Theme ok, execution poor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
very well done

ReallyHilarious in SubtlyChanging the wife's tune - another winner from HDK, thanks 4 writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
hahaha

Nice little story well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not up to your standards

This seemed pretty tedious and overly exaggerated.

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Did HDK sell/give his username/password to a hack?

This was a banal story with stilted writing and a worse plot. Disappointed that HDK has fallen to this level.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
no cucking

makes narwhal a sad boy :(

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
Great cautionary tale!

A great example of how to save your marriage and fight for what's yours instead of running away like a pussy. Yes it didn't end with him lighting the bitch on fire in the town square enjoy the variety. One complaint it could have used a bit more description in the make up sex scene and maybe a description of the sexy lingerie she was wearing for the slimeball.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nwhaler is WBC now?

When did that happen?

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
I Loved It!

Poor sod, married to such a dumb bimbo. I'm surprised he went through all that extra effort to keep her. While all the characters tended to be a little two dimensional, I think that's what made this story a light and fun read. Great job, & thank you for sharing.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

I liked the story. It was, in my opinion, quite humorous, despite the serious subject matter. Hoist by her own petard, kinda.

It's always irritated me about "fighting for your wife". If someone punches your wife in the face, and you smack that guy to defend her, THEN it's fighting FOR your wife.

Squabbling like two dogs over a bone, both trying to impress YOUR wife, that's fighting OVER your wife, not FOR.

She's not like some damned prize to be won. If she actually has to think and doesn't know who to decide, why the hell is she your wife in the first place? Hasn't she chosen you already by marrying you?

If she's already done the nasty (which I think Julie hasn't), why would you fight over someone who doesn't want you?

"You've got over twenty years invested in Julie. You love the dumb bitch. You need to fight for her and not just walk away."

Julie has invested over 20 years as well, why isn't she fighting for Jim and her marriage, and is just strolling away with Will? It would've been incredibly interesting to read if Betty asked Julie why she wasn't fighting for Jim...

On a final note, why didn't Jim ask Julie about her lie of shaving herself for him? Because that's an outright and blatant lie, instead of just downplaying her infatuation with Will.

Anyway, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Pathetic

Haha oh dear. Whinge whinge, 'poor me my wife isn't RESPECTING me', and then he goes around calling her a dumb bitch, deliberately rubbing in how sexy another woman is at every opportunity. What a TOP BLOKE. Because of course, the way to save a marriage is to be really rude and humiliating towards your wife rather than (OMG) using open communication.

energystarenergystarover 12 years ago
Nice amusing story.

You are like the Will Rogers of LW! Thanks for the story.

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
For once, I'm glad I missed the gym.

A new HDK story = a good start to the day

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 12 years ago
It's a sad day when we pass a construction site and hear.... nothing.

I always look forward to your stories. Loved the names, Betty and Veronica! That's one thing you can always been counted upon, your sense of humor and irony. Jim really did come off as an ass coloring his hair. Painting the house was a tad dramatic but it worked. However shaving his balls... kinda sexy! God I hate digging hair outta my mouth!

The premise of your story is that a wife should seek to please her husband otherwise the husband will be led into pleasing another woman?

Any one who's been married to a woman, or any woman for that matter, will agree that updating wardrobes, hair styles and cosmetics is normal, customary and par for the course. Although your story doesn't specifically mention it, I assume Julie recently underwent much more drastic updates than she normally would have done. And because Betty witnessed her attraction to Will (and ratted her out) the drastic appearance change was attributed to her desire to have Will chase her. I wonder if she had already given up on having her husband chase her? Oh, but right, he already caught her so he doesn't have to spend any energy on wooing her anymore. Just point and grunt, right?

You neglect to mention how much chasing Jim has spent on his wife, now that he's caught her. Because you know we women find ourselves helplessly attracted to a great hairy beer gut peeking from between boxers and white undershirts lazying around the house, we fall into a dead faint when the fearsome bulge between his legs gets an open air scratch or two. Oooh man, now that's what I call sexy!

A man doesn't seem to notice the subtle and, normally, slow changes his wife undergoes due to regular aging (which is a damn good thing!) Meanwhile a woman notices every damn change that takes place and our neurotic natures need constant affirmation that these changes either aren't noticed, or are for the better.

I think your story clearly demonstrates just how clueless men are. Every time she got a hair cut, she hoped to not just be noticed by her husband, but also by his friends. He's supposed to adore her, so unless he invents new ways of showing his adoration on a regular basis, his comments sound more like background noise. How often does the typical married man change up his adjectives when delivering a compliment.

That's generally the prompt for the last great push to retain as much beauty as we can, and we can get kinda psycho about it. He gets comfortable and stops trying to be pleasing, stops chasing and wooing. She needs affirmation and he's not giving it in a way she can receive it. Where else can she get it?

And one last thing...

""Truthfully, Jim? Both Betty and Veronica are way smarter than I am. They know what they're talking about. Betty is my best friend and her wonderful sister is one of my favorite people. I can be a dumb bitch at times, but they're smart."

No woman would EVER EVER EVER admit that a so called friend who manipulated her into thinking they were friends, would EVER EVER admit that she was not as smart. She might admit to being a dumb bitch at times, but both Betty and Veronica would be on the permanent shit list as untrustworthy.

So men, if you find you previously reserved wife wearing hip huggers and push up bras, styling her hair and glossing her lips before she goes to the grocery store; I suggest you follow her and give her the most wicked cat calls you can think of. She'll melt in your embrace! Then go shave your balls!

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago
To GrumpyGamby

"The premise of your story is that a wife should seek to please her husband otherwise the husband will be led into pleasing another woman?"

I think the premise is the other way around.

A husband should seek to please his wife otherwise the wife will be led into pleasing another man.

Especially given what you have said in your comment, a husband should please and continue to please his wife, or she will seek another man, which is what is happening in this story.

That is the exact opposite of what you think the premise of this story is.

Long story short, women are by default, high maintenance?

Apropos of nothing, I do see your point. Letting yourself go (yes the dreaded beergut and loafing around in undies), and taking your wife for granted is not the way to go, but did that happen in this story?

There's nothing to indicate Jim is a lazy ass who scratches his beerbelly and burps once in a while.

"Of course not, Jim. I look okay for my age and I look great to you, but you have blurred vision when you look at me. You see me as a sexy woman while other men see me as a middle aged mom. You're my husband and you're supposed to be biased."

Read between the lines here. Jim's compliments fall on deaf ears. You said it yourself:

"He's supposed to adore her, so unless he invents new ways of showing his adoration on a regular basis, his comments sound more like background noise. How often does the typical married man change up his adjectives when delivering a compliment."

He's SUPPOSED to compliment Julie because he's her husband. So even if he DOES try, she will dismiss it as standard husband talk. It's a lose-lose situation for hubby isn't it?

If you compliment her, she dismisses it. If you don't, she'll be upset you didn't.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 12 years ago
Nice Story

Well done! I enjoyed the plot twist. The start was a bit rough because she did not ask, and he did not enunciate just what she was doing to disrespect him. However with that premise established, the rest flowed smoothly and hung together well. Your point was well supported by the story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
GrumpyGamby is one seriously fucked up bitch

really. she is like ...mental. Her argument is that ALL men are stupid. Lets LOOK at her argument closely.

GG asserts that that changes in clothes and the wife physical appearance was NOT proved to be conencted or motivated by Will.

GG wrote" "Although your story doesn't specifically mention it, I assume Julie recently underwent much more drastic updates than she normally would have done."

Of course in page 3 the wife DOES admit to EXACTLY that. But even worse GG then changes her entire argument-- and now does admit that the wife WAS caught by BETYY listening to Will's bullshit...

"... And because Betty witnessed her attraction to Will (and ratted her out) the drastic appearance change was attributed to her desire to have Will chase her.... "

and GG thinks ALL men are stupid?

pot

kettle

black

you

cpetecpeteover 12 years ago

Always a good day and a good story when HDK is on the byline.

Thxs for another in the long line of fine tales

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TO PROVE A POINT

people sometimes go to extremes. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great job with this story

SHE ALMOST STARTED STRAYING BUT HE MADE HER SEE THE LIGHT BEFORE THAT HAPPENED. SO HE SAVED HIS MARRIAGE, LOVE THIS TAKE ON THE LOVING WIVES SECTION. HE DID NOT GIVE HER A CHANCE TO CHEAT..

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
The premise of the story...

...is not about which spouse should seek to please the other. It is about NOT seeking to please someone other than your spouse. This was not the normal 'style update' that GrumpyGamby claims as a female birthright. Julie was changing herself to become more desirable to Will, not to her husband. Jim merely showed her how it felt to be on the other side of the equation. It doesn't matter who is number one in their marriage, as long each spouse maintains the other as number one in their life.

Okay, I'll climb off my soap box now and say thanks, HDK, for sharing your stories with us. I always enjoy them and await the next one.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Right you are Studebakerhawk

That said (to GG), It really did not have that big a twist except that we did not know that there were relatives in the tale (Having a cousin`s wife watching her is not cricket) nor did he mention that she was all ready shaved and that is what he saw as disrespectful. The truth is that I have been complaining about the lack of a good stories and here I am almost complaining about one!

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Nice story

It didn't have the often vicious tone that LW stories have and since nothing significant really happened it was more an educational operation.

I would agree that women often make changes to their hair, makeup, clothes, etc to feel fresh, modern, and to catch attention. But apparently Julie was responding to everything that Will suggested and was obviously hanging on him at the girls nights out. Betty noticed that and told Jim that trouble was brewing. This is more than a woman making random changes and a husband getting suspicious. Another woman KNEW what was going on. Julie was being a dope and in turn being disrespectful to Jim. With a little helpful guidance, he played it exactly right, he educated Julie. He could have talked to her and she would have denied it (as she did) and learned nothing. But Jim made her FEEL it and she did learn. It isn't a good feeling. You can tell me about a hot stove but if I burn myself I will GET the message and I will never forget.

The reality is that after 20 years almost no relationship is still in courtship mode. Both spouses should have earned the respect and loyalty of the other by that time. However, people who care about each other express it. A hug, a kiss, an "I love you", a surprise gift, a nice dinner prepared by a wife or out at a restaurant to give her the night off, spending some time doing what the other person likes, sitting and talking for the evening, helping with a problem, etc.

When a spouse begins shopping for a romance it's a problem and Julie should have known better. She learned better. She should know that if she's looking for romance she should be going to her husband, even if she needs to kick start him. Hopefully Jim learned that his wife needs a bit more loving attention. That's good too, and can be a lot of fun. Put a monthly reminder on your cell phone, "What have you done to let your spouse know that you love them?".

justplainjoejustplainjoeover 12 years ago
Good tale..

Refreshing change for the typical wimp husband trash posted here. Right on Harddaysknight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What else can you expect from the man with the best handle on Lit?

As usual, HDK's hero fights for his marriage with his wit and his word, rather than his fists or a bat. Yes, it's sad when a relationship is compromised by outside attention to your spouse, and it becomes necessary to fight for them, when, as Mousse9 said, you're already supposed to have won that battle.

Good advice, jasonnh, to pay attention to your spouse, except that as Mousse9 described, your compliments and efforts often go unheeded, as they seek reassurance in the wider world that they are still attractive to the opposite sex as they age.

It is always about communication and trust. I'm talking about the kind of trust that is required to reveal yourself and your changing needs to your partner, if your marriage is to last. And women go through so many more hormonal changes than men, from birth control pills, to the aftereffects of pregnancy on their bodies, to menopause, just to name the biggies, that it must seem as if we are spinning tops to our partners. And we women, of course, don't like to explain what's going on with us. You guys are just supposed to know, aren't you?

After I went through menopause and my hormone balances changed yet again, I found a sex drive I never had, even in my 20's, and shocked my husband by asking for, even demanding a LOT of sex. A lot of women, especially the older they are, seem to have difficulty doing that, as they are embarrassed, feeling they are acting like a slut rather than a wife. Of course, they are then ripe for the picking by the nearest self-proclaimed Don Juan, who destroys the husband's ego by demanding and receiving the kinds of sexual favors she never gave her long-suffering hubbie. Better to be a one-man slut than a slut for half the town.

Oh, and by the way: the wife isn't as dumb as she proclaims; the reason she denigrates her own intelligence is to ameliorate her culpability for her willful actions. Although it does seem, among those I know who have cheated, as if they have lost their way when doing so, and their usual intelligence, common sense, and morality have left the building.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Excellent! Great to have another HDK story.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T could be the subtitle of this story. Thanks, HDK, for yet another interesting, well written, compelling story.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
I thought the story was a little slow

and it's hard to believe that Julie, after being married for 22 years, did not know Mark was his cousin?

However, I believe whole heartidly in the messege in the story and for that I gave it 5*

We need more stories like this.

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyover 12 years ago
Mousse9

I am sorry that you feel the way you do about not having to rewin a prize already battled over. But mostly, I'm sorry for your wife!

I spend time flirting with my husband, just like I did when we were dating. I tease him in secret, while at the dinner table, just like I did when we were dating. I proudly model new bra/panty sets and wonder aloud if they look too slutty under a white dress. I seduce and make promises and even make demands that a certain energy level will be required later in the day. I re-win my prize on a regular basis and expect the same from my spouse.

So... How's complacency working at your house?

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago
GrumpyGamby

You really should pay more attention and actually read my comment. Especially the part about getting a beergut and loafing around the house in underwear. That's a no-no, you know? Did you conveniently skip that part? Or did you not understand it?

Didn't you know that women aren't prizes to be won over in some competition? Like they have no will of their own? With such an attitude, you set feminism way back. The way you're talking, the moment hubby lets you out of his sight, you go running off to the next guy who compliments you on your hair.

And if hubby does so, it BETTER be a better compliment than the last one! How many years have you been married? He better be complimenting you on your hair while bungeejumping down the Niagara falls with fireworks exploding in the sky, to make even a slight impression on you, otherwise it's just "background noise". I feel sorry for your husband!

"I spend time flirting with my husband, just like I did when we were dating. I tease him in secret, while at the dinner table, just like I did when we were dating. I proudly model new bra/panty sets and wonder aloud if they look too slutty under a white dress. I seduce and make promises and even make demands that a certain energy level will be required later in the day. I re-win my prize on a regular basis and expect the same from my spouse."

You misunderstand what I'm saying. What you're doing there is not re-winning. There are no other men (or women for that matter) in the equation. There are no other women fighting with you over your husband, and viceversa there are no other men fighting with your hubby over you. It's just you two. What you're doing is being in a relationship. This isn't even the same thing.

And you talk like you know about me. Assumptions make an ass out of, well, just you.

So, how's analphabetism working for you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
re: I thought the story was a little slow

I too had a big problem with her never hearing about his cousin. Unlike you, though, for me that's the kind of plot hole that sinks a story. ANY story.

deadonedeadoneover 12 years ago
I am at a loss

The last time I said a lot of nice things about you. You up and hide for 2 years. But if I use reverse logic, shit that never works. Well I like the story a little slow, yes. Yet it after rereading parts of it I think it fit. You never could do sex scenes well, but your stories rarely needed them. The woman here seemed a little ... slow witted. You have often had strong women, not bitches not harpies. Some how a see a HDK woman suddenly seeing what was happening and kicking good old Will into the next county.

Ok for 98% of the authors here a blazing 5 star. For you a 4 star plus. I missed the HDK humor and the only red herring was such to her not us. These are two of your hallmark traits.

Welcome back! You have been missed.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
fun, fun, fun, til her...

Her husband took the T Boy away. Good vibrations, Harddaysknight, thank you,,,be true to your school.

curious2ccurious2cover 12 years ago
Sometimes one needs to work at the marraige more than others.

She was feeling older, perhaps. Not as attractive? Maybe. And then the office romeo begins to toss out lines with bait in order to catch other women...not really caring about the women but the chase and hopes of winning something from those women. Even in the midst of her infatuation with Will...Will is seen chasing other women openly in groups. Yet the wife didn't see it due to her narrow focus.

That happens in real life all the time. People do tend to see what they want to see, ignoring what they don't really want to see unless it becomes so large and in their face that they can't ignore it.

The husband uses things his wife suddenly did to show her that what she was doing is/was disrespectful in a serious and hurtful manner...just by copying her actions in one way or another.

Another good story from a master storyteller. Honestly, not one of your best but still...your worst is better by far than quite more than a few other authors best here at Lit.

Good job, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
jizzy and GG are just overthinking the story

and HIV is just, well, drunk and rambling as usual. These cartoon caricatures play their parts perfectly in demonstrating what we do and how we act reflect on our spouses.

Jizzy and GG miss the point entirely in their random tangential tirades and don't appreciate the simple beauty of this tale: Think about how it looks to others when comporting yourself and how you would want your spouse to behave.

Fun story HDK, always appreciate your humorous little gems.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
nakdsub made some valid points, but a four was the best I could do.

I couldn't see why he expended so much effort on her sorry ass. Where are ttb and PAPATOAD when we need them. This was just not up to what we have come to expect from HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
expending effort

on a 20 year marriage = no.

Expending effort on a bacon, ham, pulled pork and cheese sandwich = yes

O2B a phat phuck with my priorities in order. HDK uses characteristic wit and mirth to tell a damn good lil' story here.

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

Wow, there must be a lot of people with illiteracy. To the no-name anon who doesn't know what mousse is (poor he/she/it!), my original post was not "overthinking it".

I merely responded to the post made by GrumpyGamby.

Man, it's hard responding to these random anon guys who think they're special, hiding behind anonymity. A dime a dozen.

Maybe I should go anon too, would be funny to read how anons will respond to anons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
more like a nickel a dozen

don't go anon Jizzy, it means the anon crowd wins, RHinSC and others have already done it, stay strong brother!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
It's like Christmas

A Slirpuff and and HDK story on the same day!

RehnquistRehnquistover 12 years ago
Smiling

Really, I simply have a smile on my face almost every time I read one of your stories. Well written (of course), witty (check), solid message (despite what everyone says), and flowed gracefully from beginning to end.

As to the few naysayers who say not knowing about the cousin would be a plot hole? Absolute bullshit. I've been married for 20+ years and I've only met my wife's aunts and uncles a handful of times. I don't even know the names of most of their children--my wife's cousins--and I know for a fact she's never met many of mine. Hell, I don't even know where half of my cousins live now, though I am pretty sure they are scattered between Florida, the Dakotas, Washington, Rhode Island, Indiana, Illinois, New Mexico, and Nevada. So no, this wasn't even remotely a plot hole. At least in my family it wouldn't be one!

Now keep churnin' 'em out!

jakie1jakie1over 12 years ago
Thanks again HDK

Please keep the stories coming!

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
Good little story!

Thanks for sharing it!

MissouriUSA

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Disappointing

Not much of a story. JPB does better!

count2threecount2threeover 12 years ago
The Plan was stupid from the get go.

He had to literally drag her kicking and screaming to say and do womething that should be naturally for a wife. Ok now shes done, what good does it do ? Can he trust her now? NO. He should have just stood back and observe. If she does make the "big mistake that she can't rectify" than that's the way it is. You can't make someone be honest. Either she is or she isn't. That she wouldn't go through with sleeping arround this time, because she now knows that he knows DOES NOT mean she is somehow 'healed'. It just means she is not stupid enough to do it in bright daylight. Thats the problem with this "fighting for her". You can't make her loyal, or make her loving. Either she is or she isn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
take a breath

and count2four - I'm guessing you get pretty riled up at Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the ball away? Enjoyed the story HDK, always brings a smile :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I liked it 5*

Thank you for your work, always enjoyable to me.

tom anon

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Good for me

I am here for entertainment. Just put my mind in neutral and enjoy. So stuff the spelling, grammer and plot holes. I enjoyed it. Funny also. Thank you. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
What a pile of shit.

First of all, you don't make demands in a marriage, you make compromises. Second, if there is a problem, you deal with it, not that chicken-shit passive aggresive bullshit, you confront it head on, in a Loving And respectful manner. You sure as fuck don't plan on getting a divorce because your wife is flirting with another guy. That bullshit is for the sharia loving muslims and usually ends in murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
holy cow

anon gets knickers in a twist - take a pill cucky before you blow out you O ring, funny story that apparently someone thinks is a blueprint for married life and not entertainment. Read your bible blowhard and enjoy HDK stories for what they are, light-hearted farcical vignettes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Seems like "holy cow" anon has a "enter button" issue..

As always HDK is a very good author who submits the usual array of cheating spouses stories [some with wimps, others not so]. Always a good read. However, "holy cow" anon needs to chill out.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Wow

Another fun psych drama and then the fallout begins lol-

Nicely done and well thought out - it is a perfectly viable option - if a guy wants to fight for what he feels is likely already lost this is as good a way as any - she got better treatment at his hands than many might have given her for her obvious and totally inappropriate behavior.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 12 years ago
Well done, thank you

To an old protagonist I say thank goodness you are still giving of your wit. You still let the anonymous take their shots and I see there are some new critics who just cannot read and laugh, but get so inflamed they must justify each word and comment over and again. I do remember myself giving in to that diatribe of self-importance that you must run your mouth like it really makes a difference. I will admit I can only scan the comments as I don’t find them up to reading with abandon, but at times they makes us laugh and sometimes they actually make you see a different point of view, alas so few times.

It’s been a very long time since I have visited the site, but you are the first Author I had to look for. Thank you for giving many of us a smile for a good day and shrugging off such serious arrows of such bumptious literary critics...

I pray you are well and I hope life gives you what you truly need.

V/R

PT

Toylover52Toylover52over 12 years ago
Good Story

It's always amazing how much crap the Anon commentators can put out when they won't put a name to their comments, or put up a story themselves.

Still a good story.

Ben NicholsBen Nicholsover 12 years ago
Well done

Nice to see you back writing again, well woven!

ohioohioover 12 years ago
HDK is on a Ringo kick!

Two consecutive stories based on Ringo's songs! Thank goodness there aren't very many more, and we can get back to John, Paul and George!

This one had all of HDK's wit in it; it moved swiftly, with humor as always, and satisfied us readers with an appropriate, yet not overdone, comeuppance for the clueless wife.

Hail to the Chief! More please!

Thanks, ohio

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
@ take a breath Anon

I always got pissed at Charlie Brown for that, damn fool fell for it every time funny but oh so sad.

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotalmost 12 years ago
What about this?

"...As soon as that damn Barbie Doll came into the picture he had eyes only for her. That's when I finally realized what a fool I'd been..."

So... if the other woman had not arrived, then she'd have followed up? Ouch!

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Great job

This might be the funniest line I've read in a long time: "For her part, Veronica constantly found reasons to engage me in conversation. She hung on my every word and laughed at all my jokes. All in all, she acted like a very intelligent, discerning woman."

Haha! Good one.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
Excellent

My only two quibbles are:

His moving out was an emotional reaction with little (known) basis. We hadn't been apprised of her change in behavior towards him. Apparently, they had never (yet) even kissed (and apparently did not during his absence!) That made it easier to move back in, but he took the risk that she would milk the advantage that HE had screwed up and complicate his (mostly Betty's) plan.

Will doesn't even get four flats at work for all of his 'hound-dogging!'

5*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Hey

Who got who?

So Jim knew then Julie knew and Betty and Veronica didn't know, or did they?

I don't know.

I remember an old porno with Betty and Veronica double teaming Archie then Jughead walked in and...

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
a betrayal

he smoked a cut cock, buggered by the uncut one, betrayed!

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago

I will never understand why a person has to fight for his/her spouse? If the person belongs to you, you shouldn't have to fight. If you have to fight for your marriage than you really didn't have much of a marriage to begin with. You shouldn't have to play games. I liked this story I thought it was funny.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
HOW INDECISIVE CAN ONE BE

if you put a loaded gun to their head and "ask: Do want me to pull the trigger......and she looks around for help with her reply. TK U MLJ LV NV

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 12 years ago
Re Anonymous 05.17.12

What the fuck are you talking about? I've seen your comments like this around various LW stories where the husband is unwilling to be or become a cuckold.

Terrific story and some good advice.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago
Eloquent rudeness

So. Apparently someone just read this story, and the comments within. This person chose to email me about this out of the blue, about my comments from HALF A YEAR AGO. Here is the first email:

Hey --

You posted some comments to HDK's What Goes On, that you need to stop and think about.

Not every woman falls for such lines. Not every husband is fortunate enough to get wind of what's going on in time to prevent the obvious end from happening.

Though HDK's story is more of a caricature of such events, they DO happen.

I just think you haven't lived long enough to see it in the lives of people you know.

I had completely forgotten about HDK's story, so I actually went back and re-read it, including my comments, just to know what he was talking about. I emailed him back, and got THIS email as response (if you can't sit through his long ramble about the story, skip to the end part):

On Jul 27, 2012, at 8:14 PM, Mousse Mousse wrote:

I'm sorry, but who are you, and what are you talking about?

---->I'm a person, talking about your response to a story.

I've tracked down HDK's story you mentioned, and that was about half a year ago? Why are you responding now?

---->I just happened to read the story for the first time, and found your response to it to be worth commenting on.

As far as I can tell, I got into a discussion with someone named GrumpyGamby. Are you him/her?

---->No.

If not, I suggest you read my responses to GrumpyGamby very carefully.

---->I did. The fault in your argument begins with your second and third paragraphs:

"The premise of your story is that a wife should seek to please her husband otherwise the husband will be led into pleasing another woman?"

I think the premise is the other way around. A husband should seek to please his wife otherwise the wife will be led into pleasing another man.

---->Both philosophies, taken separately, wind up being false, incomplete, and ineffective. It is the responsibility of BOTH parties to be

equally attempting to please one another. If that does not exist, the marriage will eventually fail. Sooner or later, the party who seems

to do all of the pleasing - with no effort expended in return - will grow weary of perceived inequality and mistreatment. if they do not

"voluntarily" begin looking for someone who treats them better, they will at least certainly recognize the potential in one, if and when

such an individual comes along.

Whether you're talking "traditional marriage" (man-woman) or inclusive of gay marriage, there are plenty of forces in the world

that seem arrayed against the notion of lifelong monogamous relationships - staying with one and only one partner for life. Plenty of

so-called learned people tout the beneficial nature of having a variety of partners, over a lifetime, over staying with one individual.

So, if you believe in fidelity, you need to be prepared to fight for it. I'm not talking "fight over it". I'm suggesting that each partner

needs to take an active role in aggressively seeking to maintain the relationship. That means that ti can't be as one-sided as your

opinion (above) would suggest. It isn't just up to the husband to devote himself to pleasuring the wife, in order to keep her from

straying. Nor is it solely the responsibility of the wife to please her husband, absent his reciprocation.

It takes two to tango, says the old proverb. Likewise, it takes two willing partners to make a marriage work. Both have to be

continuously focussed on making it work, because one person can't manage the effort alone.

As for the story itself, true, not every woman falls for such lines. Not every married woman dresses up and goes along with all suggestions a new suitor gives her either. But in this story, she does, otherwise we would not even have a story.

---->The point is that eveyrone is commenting on the story, and what should - or should not - have really happened. I don't actually

recall what I wrote to you, and you didn't bother to quote my comments along with your response. So, beyond what I have said

here, i cannot continue to comment with any degree of accuracy, regarding my earlier words.

As for my age, how do you know it, and how old are YOU? It's pretty rude to say I'm too young to know things, when A: you don't actually know how old I am, and B: you might be younger than I am, since I have no idea who YOU are.

---->I believe that I suggested that it was impossible for me to know your age, since you've chosen to terribly limit the information that

is included on your Lit bio page. I theorized that your response was that of a person who has had less experience (in terms of years)

invested in relationships, because it did not take all of the many variables into consideration - typically a hallmark of a younger person's

arguments. The younger person typically hasn't had much experience, but believes that he/she knows what's needed to be known.

It's a common enough thing, and I was there, once, myself. As one grows older, one begins to realize how much they did NOT know,

at the younger age. And, while we realize that we've learned quite a lot in the ensuing years, we're now at least gifted with enough

wisdom to know that we still don't know it all.

As for MY age, I am 59.

And that is enough said, and quite a bit farther than I should have bothered pursuing this attempt at conversation. Please do not

bother to reply further, as attempting to sway your thinking no longer interests me and replies will be deleted, unread.

So, this guy suddenly emails me that I am wrong in a comment I posted half a year ago, and that I'm too young to know what I'm talking about.

I reply, and basically his response is that he is going to put me on his blocklist and will ignore me after insulting me.

I should never have responded.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
WHATS THE POINT?

If you had to crawl in mud and water and only God knows what is really in there for over a mile just to get that beer you wanted would you do it? Or just turn a round and go back to the bar. Wifes are a lot like that their everywhere just go find another. If you can't trust her torch the bitch......

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unusual

This is probably closer to realistic than most stories here. The problem is resolved, nobody dies, and the crisis leaves hope that they'll laugh about it on their Golden Anniversary.E

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
I quite enjoyed this

neat, simple and (other than the obvious way of communicating with one another!) an interesting way of making a partner see the facts of their life.

The only thing that bothers me is the bit about Betty and Veronica that everyone seems to find funny. What's that about? Will someone please explain?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ythebadger

Betty and Veronica were comic characters from the comic book Archie in the 1950s-1960s.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

Isn't it great when cheating is averted before it starts?

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
So What?

So, she is a dumb bitch. He is still married to her. He is stuck with a selfish, dumb, bitch who would cheat on him if she got the chance. How long before she does something stupid again? What a pain in the ass. Be very careful who you marry, intelligence is an under rated quality when it comes to romance. Stupid people tend to make stupid decisions. Most of the cheaters I have met have not been very bright, or they have had psychological problems.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

I must be getting lucky! Two stories in a row where the husband is proactive in preventing his wife from cheating. However, I m very sorry for this guy. She shaved her pussy for another guy. She would have showed it to him if given the chance. And Will would have given her the chance. He will forever have to keep a close eye on her. Excellent story. Five stars. One of my favorites from you. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
GREAT READ

now thats what i call a story. preventing the wife from cheating or straying by showing her the erroe of her ways before the inevitable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
You can be a dumb bitch and be "intelligent"

Intelligence is WAY overrated in this world. What's important is common sense and basic wisdom. This woman (like most women I've found... unfortunately) lacks both. Still, a funny story and realistically they really should seek some counceling to clear the air completely now that they've established that they want to continue their marriage.

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
But ...

She STILL cheated. Maybe not physically doing the nasty but she did it to please a man that was not her husband! Give me a break. Cheater. Use capital letters!

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Good story

But by her own admission the only reason things didn't go farther is because Lothario turned his sights to a hotter chick. That should give the husband some pause.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!

If you 'manly men' are incompetent to fight for your marriage, I gotta ask, why do you even bother to stay married?

When an Aggressor/Predator/Enemy threatens, so many of the commentators and a number of the authors on this site choose to run away and cower instead of taking up arms against a sea of troubles.

Wasn't that the point of marriage in the first place? To defend the Wife You chose? To protect the Family You created. To nurture in a safe environment the Children You fathered?

Smith, Eddy & Hubbard! This gutless whining all the time, in this category. People criticize me for being too harsh to the perpetual adolescents whose tantrums fill the commentaries. Well, I'm calling a spade and spade and then I'm swinging that spade to whacka-mole these assholes who insult good authors with their infantile spew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
poor fanfare....

Don't understand the closet-cuck mentality yet? Maybe if you had OneBrainCell....

The insecure cockless wonder-turds who want every woman to die in a fire are 100% virgins. Ashamed of their closet-cuckold fetish, they squeal laughable denials in the comments as if it would convince anyone but other closet-cuck-cases.

Lastly, they have zero sense of humor so it would be impossible for them to appreciate HDK and his hilarious stories: they are simple-minded twats without man-gear who live in mommy's basement growing their neckbeards and hating women.

Pathetic fucking losers all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Go easy on the closeted cuckolds

They are unable to fight for a woman, why criticize them for that? That is like criticizing them for not being able to flap their flabby arms and fly.

As Col Slade stated: "Some guys run and some guys stay."

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

has tendency to aggravate the wrong person. TK U MLJ LV NV

potsherdpotsherdover 10 years ago
One of your very best

...and your best are very good indeed.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
forever war

For those who lack the testicles to fight for their woman, get thee to a nunnery!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
poor fanfare still doesn't get cantbuy

closet cucks are internet hard men, not real world hard men - cantbuy and huecuck and the rest of the neckbearded virgin eunuchs would never fight for their woman which explains why they are un-married or cucks.

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
He learned about this one in advance and was able to stop it before anything happened.

But she wanted it to happen!

There will be a next time and his cousin will not be there to warn him.

She learned Nothing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
No Rightbank ...

... the SLUT wife did learn that she needs to hide the signs of her FUTURE premeditated whoring better so her "cucky" husband remains a clueless wimp

-AND-

.... WE learned that Harddaysknight continues to champion the WIMP/CUCK/LIMP DICK cause with his RAAC stories!

WHAT SAY YOU HARDDAYSKNIGHT!?!?

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Who needs this shit?

Married for over 20 years and you have to keep track of your wife? WTF? I would simply confront her and tell her I knew what was going on and I had enough. Let's split everything up and call it a day. If she was so interested in fucking someone else, there is no way to stop her, and no spouse needs that shit! Dumb bitch, maybe, stupid husband for staying with her, definitely! There is good news guys! There a tons of middle aged divorced women looking for a decent man. They also are appreciative of a man who will give them a chance. Don't hesitate to get out of a shitty relationship if there are no dependent child issues.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
The problem with Julie is not that she's a slut...

It's that she has NO ability to think for herself at all. Once the potential for adultery has been dealt with, the next step needs to be cutting up her credit cards and blocking all the shopping channels on the cable service.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Who needs this smegma?

Closet cuckolds are cursed with no balls and no sense of humor. The only thing sadder is watching betrayed get owned by anons.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
IT IS ALWAYS GOING ON

but in different ways and different locales. TK U MLJ LV NV

whorehaterwhorehaterabout 10 years ago
i think,

that when he shaved his balls, accidentaly he cut them down...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hates whores but loves tossing salads...

what a total fucking weirdo....

jezzazjezzazabout 10 years ago

I have literally only just got the Betty and Veronica reference in there. Lol.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
If you have to constantly "fight for your spouse"

You don't have a marriage, you have a long term first date. One of the many, but prominent reasons people get married is so they can have a "committed" spouse that they don't have to worry about while they work, go to school or whatever happens in their lives that might cause them to blink instead of constantly watching their significant other. It is hard to relax and do your best when you are scared to leave your spouse alone because they don't respect you enough to stay true. Infidelity is not just about sex, it is loyalty and allegiance and respect as well. All in all a good story. It is what it is.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories