All Comments on 'What To Do?'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
A day brightner for sure...

A very well written and uplifting story but I have come to expect that of D G Hear. Thanks.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 13 years ago
Uplifting Story

As always a well constructed and readable story that finds the best in people and gives a lift for us suckers for romance

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
meh

nothing new, same type of story where guy is pristine and the girl is used goods, good guy settles and loses all his thinking powers over some pussy. I understand that maybe it could work but seriously way to far fetched.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
once again, excellent work!

Heart-touching, on so many levels. Excellent! Write on!!!!

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptalmost 13 years ago
Nice story indeed.

I really liked this story. Those two belonged together. Too hard they had to do it the hard way.

Another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Swing and a miss

Formulaic, mundane, unoriginal and uninteresting - having read all of your stories I know you are capable of writing a story much better than this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
As Usual

DG, I look for your name on all new stories and enjoy reading them. Over time I read your stores multiple times.

Excellent Work!

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Nice Tearjerker

DG knows how to do it right. The only problem is the need to tie up all the details in the last page without having any surprises for us.

But I would be happy to read one of these per day! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

There is name confusion on the second page around the Rob knife fight.

Jess is damaged goods. She was being banged by 3 guys without rubbers and Jerry had no problem going bareback without an STD test first? In the sequel Jess will be fucking Rob's cronies when they get out of jail on parole and cucking Jerry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice Story

Despite someof the negative coments, I thought your story was very good. It actually felt more like an anecdote than fiction -- it seemed very real. Good Job.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 13 years ago
I Liked It

Some may say boring and mundane but I say romantic and heartfelt. Oh wait, this is in the Romance category not the Dramatic Action Category. I enjoyed it and except for a little identity crisis between Jess and Jerr after the fight in the parking lot it read pretty smooth. What's a matter DG, get a little excited after your own fight scene. All in all it was a great Sunday evening family story that people of all ages could enjoy while munching popcorn. After the censors edit the sex scenes, of course. Thanks DG

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
redundant?

I'm afraid that DG Hear's stories have become redundant and somewhat formulaic. They are almost fill-in-the-blanks, write-by-numbers kinds of stories.

DG's stories are Lit's continuing resident soap operas.

The overall characters and formula are very similar from story to story, just the names and the background plot change. DG should take some chances and expand his field of play. He's a good writer but the claim he staked back in the beginning is starting to look a bit shabby

Time to go in a different direction.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

About writing stories. After writing a couple of hundred stories there is no doubt that some plot lines may seem similar. I'm an amature writer and always will be. I write about situations around me or subjects that come into my head. For anyone who has read hundreds or more stories, you are bound to read about the same type of affairs, love interests and so on.

I try to make my characters real and with emotions. I always give you my best even though often times you may believe I fall short. For anyone who feels reading my stories is a waste of time, they can always bypass them and find one more to your liking.

I won't apologize for my stories. I write what I feel even if sometimes it might seem mundane. Thank you to all that read my stories and take the time to comment. I really do appreciate it.

With respect

DG Hear

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966almost 13 years ago
DG I think it was a great story

For the chicken shits that hide behind ANONYMOUS and bad mouth them then like you said go find something else to read. I really enjoy your stories and the way they are written. Keep up the great work and don't worry about the those who bad mouth you.

davebccanadadavebccanadaalmost 13 years ago
Has a nice homey feel

DG, I like your style. I am new to the site although I did stumble over the site back around 00. I lost touch with it over a few puters. I'm glad I found it again and glad to read your contributions. They have the ring of truth in them. I wish I could accomplish what you seem to so easily produce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Nice Job!

I have read Shakespeare, Dickens, Tolkien, Lovecraft, and most everything in between. I won't say you rank with the greats, but I see a great deal of promise. I look forward to more of your stories, and maybe even a book someday. Please keep exercising your talent, and entertaining your public. Thanks for a very good read!

Maitre1962Maitre1962almost 13 years ago
Nice Story

Up to your usual good standard! I enjoyed the story a lot!!! Please keep the stories coming!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very Well-written Romance

Good to let the good guys win once in a while. DG stories are interesting and FUN to read, this one included. Well done!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 13 years ago
I hit the wrong darn button - will re-submit as I dislike anon - Good story!

Good to let the good guys win once in a while. DG stories are interesting and FUN to read, this one included. Well done!

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
I enjoyed the read

the writing had a country flavor to it and I like that. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very good stroy sir. I thank you sir.

I think you as a author are on the fringe of joining the ubarmasters on the site, DQS, HDK, x_John Doe_x and others of the the elite.

I myself probably never will take back my wife in those circumstances. Would I take back my wife? Probably not.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 13 years ago
Another winner.

DG, you are one of the best writers on this site. I found it mildly amusing to see you compared to people who are just not in your league. A comparison to Jack (Jake Rivers), Dave (The Wanderer or Denham Forrest), or maybe even my old friend PAPATOAD might be valid, but you are too much of a gentleman to probably ever comment on such things. Thanks for all you do, DG, and thank you for another fine story!

DunaDunaalmost 13 years ago
A good story again

Dear author how are able to write the good stories step by step. We readers are glad to found them on Literotica and on Storiesonline. Unfortanetely some other authors rarelier write their chapters of sequels.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
not up to your usual standard

Sorry, but I gotta say it.

reader018reader018almost 13 years ago
different

Its different,but a very good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
One word to destcribe this

Amazing

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Kind DGHEAR you do not need apologize. You are a excelent amateur writer. Almost every your story was good which I read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Jess had made her bed..let her sleep in it.

She choose to have sex with multiple men at his going away party and made herself, with no help, into a pregnant slut. Rob should of steered clear of her because she is bad news.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
another woman-hating freak...

I refer, of course, to the previous commentator. Jess did not "choose" to have sex with multiple men the party. A nasty asshole got a naive girl drunk and high, took her sexually and handed her over to his friends. It was as close to rape as makes no big difference. She and the main character were not dating and she didn't betray anyone. She made a damn mistake, for which the previous jackass would like to see her miserable forever -- hey, any excuse to hurt a woman.

Bet he never had a date, lives in Big Mama's basement, is terrified of women, and seethes with resentment. Real men don't need to hurt women vicariously to feel strong.

OleguyOleguyover 11 years ago
Gutless ignorance

Fascinating that all the negative comments are put up my the 'Anonymous' things who do not have the courage to expose them selves and or their own abilities, if any.

When reading the 'Comments' I usually just jump over these twerps. as almost without exception they are totally unaware that these are "STORIES' .

Sorry, but several of the 'commenters' above showed how stupid they were.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Just keep it flowing

Tx, loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
To 7/29/12.

Rape is a crime of violence,not fun' love or planninig for a

'good nite" out on the vioilated's behalf.

I pray you are never touched by such an act,If you have,please get help.A supportive family structure,is often the only way a victim get's back close to "normal"....

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I want to add a different slant.

Since I was raised by hyper-religious fanatic parents (not that I did not love them) but I did not "like" my Mother because she was the main force behind all the dogma, the hyper-critical (yes, I inherited some of it) always right attitude I can state without fear of contradiction that Jessie's parents were the catalyst which led to her actions and that of her sister. She went to the party not knowing it was a Nude party. Her being cloistered by her parents made her naive and ignorant then she stupidly took two drinks, smoked dope and got screwed by at least three different men. Then her parents attitude forced her to live with this dope-dealing bastard who pushed her pregnant ass down the stairs. I blame a lot of it on her parents, especially her unforgiving father. What a deal! I know that it is just a story but this is acted out in real life more than you expect. I have known several preacher's daughters and daughters of strict parents run wild and I probably contributed a little to their actions as I was a wild child myself and did not start settling down myself until I was about 30. So give her a break. You negative people that condemn her out of hand and then do not sign your name. You are probably a secret pedophile yet criticize someone that was in a bad situation a long time. Show a little humanity, be kind to those who are needy and downtrodden. (End of rant, LOL.)

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
A well told tale -

Very homespun and folksey.

I enjoy reading stories that could happen - even more so when they turn out well for the right people.

We will all hope Rob, Al and Len get the justice they so richly deserve - cornholing in prison or on the streets and then a sad slow painful death.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
Rob

why did they let Rob off the hook? He was the kingpin of the busted drug deal yet his flunkies paid the price.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
he just let them rape her?

Having sex with someone while they Are under the effects of drug and alcohol is rape.

He just let it happen. Didn't call the police. Even though he knew she was drunk and drugged.

All because she didn't listen when he asked her not to drink? She was too naive to know what could happen, but he didn't.

"All that it takes for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing."

The guy is a piece of trash and so is this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
this guy is a complete and total tosser

he watched his so called best friend get drunk...drugged then rape....all he needed to do was call the police...but being the gutless asshole he is he allowed it to happen...and throughout he was just a typical cock hound fucking anything and everything married or single...he is a total slime ball...why she ever married him when he came back was a mystery...about the only decent thing was destroy the drugs but still that asshole escaped and his two side kicks got the rap for him....can only hope the drug baron caught up with him and necked him...all drug dealers should be executed for the sorrow and misery they bring to people....families and communities...vilest scum of the earth...

ThelvynerThelvynerover 7 years ago
Another lit story full of scumbags

How is a story supposed to be enjoyable when all characters are scummy human beings. He's her friend, she chooses to defiantly do exactly the opposite of what he suggested. It was pretty shitty what happened to her but she made the fucking choice even after being warned, after knowing exactly the type of person rob was. Shitty but only on her and her users. As far as her parents? Never forgiven. You betray your own child I think you deserve a ETERNITY of fucking misery. She comes to her dad telling him that she was damn near raped after being drugged and he kicks her out and then his daughters apologize to him. Get fucking real. Disgusting when people apologize for someone else's fuck up. The mom didn't kick the dad in the head when he did this makes her just as scummy. Uncle bob knowing what his son did regularly and he let him. He can't do anything? Bullshit. He had tons of options and Fucking Chose to continue letting his son be a drug dealing rapist. Story full of asshats. Not enjoyable at all. Poor plot, completely unrealistic and unstomachable characters.

If you are warned of danger, know it's dangerous, and do it anyway, than the concequences are entirely on your shoulder. Should he have done more? Was she fighting back? Was she unconscious? Did she ask for help? Did she do anything but look away? What was he supposed to do? If he intervened or attacked the people having sex it would hqv just been assault on him since with her accepting what was happening to her he wouldn't be able to say he was saving her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Another great DG Hear story. One thing I really don't get though, is this "Nude Day".

I never even heard of such a thing until I started reading stories on "Lit". Then I googled it and found out it's an actual event. Damn! I guess if someone proclaimed it to be "National Bald Day", several million people in this country would go out and get their heads shaved just so they could participate. What a bunch of lemmings. Oh well, takes all kinds, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh well

This story is a hard read. It started out bad for me with the completely wrong description of Air Force life in 2011. First, AF six year enlistments are four years active, two years reserve which can be Ready Reserve or Inactive Reserve. After AF basic training the airman doesn't get leave, but is transported to Tech School the day following graduation. For security forces Tech School about 14 weeks of training. After Tech School, it's seasoning training or onto the first duty station for on the job training. From there, one may be deployed to the Middle East.

From there, the story just didn't seem to flow. I could not wrap my head around that Jess would completely disregard Jerry, a childhood friend, and just trust Rob. She takes her first alcoholic drinks and sucks them down like a milk shake and then smokes pot. Really? Trying either would bring some hesitation. Alcohol has nasty taste which takes getting used to and first time smoking would cause coughing spells.

While I feel sorry for her being taken advantage of, it was still her choice to get herself into a position to be abused instead of putting a little trust in her friend. Can't agree with some that Jerry had a responsibility to protect Jess. He did try; she for all intents flipped him off.

Would I drop her as a friend? No, but I wouldn't date her. It's not the sex part; it's her disrespect that's the deal breaker. She already revealed her true feelings for Jerry when she chose Rob over him. She didn't care for Jerry to trust him and she got screwed.

The ending is nice that Jerry and Jess got married, but it didn't make sense. Jerry is proposing to Jess after one date? I don't get it. Yes, they were childhood friends, but they never dated before. There's a difference between friends and dating. After her behavior on Nude Day, one would think he would take time to see if they are compatible before popping the question.

Overall, it's not a bad story, but not very good either. Out of respect for DG Hear, I didn't score it, since the messiness of the AF portion most likely cast a cloud over the rest of the story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Can't Believe So Many Expect Soooooo Much From TEENAGERS!! Must Not Remember Their Own Time!!

WOW!! Some people have some pretty harsh opinions of Jerry! Yes, Jess was pretty stupid at the nude day party and some seem to hold Jerry more or less responsible for what happened to Jess. Remember, we are not talking about some 30 year old woman who tried to put one over on her husband. You know, common LW stories we read all the time. We are talking about TEENAGERS!!!! Almost the very definition of walking and talking bundles of hormones and bad judgement!! They aren't even close to getting their permanent BRAINS yet!!! So it's really hard to believe that many comments are holding them to such high standards. Why is COPS and Northwoods Law so much fun to watch? Because people do such STUPID STUFF. Many of them are grown ass adults!! And they are REAL PEOPLE!! Why are you expecting such stellar and responsible thinking from TEENAGER'S!!!!!!!!! This is when they hopefully get most of the dumb shit stuff out of their systems!! Jerry did just about all he could to help Jess and get her out of there. Not sure ANY teenager who attended an event like this was going to call the cops for any reason short of bodies dropping. And even then most would either run or get their phones out and film it. Anyone ever heard of bad stuff happening at frat parties????????

Relax man, it's basically a coming of age type of story and it was really pretty good. Yeah, Rob was a real jerk and should have done time for causing the death of Jess' unborn child. But hey, no major characters were killed and now a days that's a fairly major accomplishment considering we had drugs, sex and rock and roll in the story. Also consider how many victims don't report crimes just as bad, if not worse in real life. Rape, intimidation, extortion, assault and others go unreported EVERY DAY. It was a pretty good story and yes we would have all liked it if Jess had been smarter, but once again a really smart teenager with a load of common sense just doesn't happen that often.

Good story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To 12/18

I’m surprised since you appear to be able to read, you want to make a fiction story fit into reality.

It’s a story, it maybe written by someone who was never in the service.

As far as errors in grammar, if someone tried to steal the writing the errors are markers that identifies the stories of the real writers.

There are sometimes problems with some stories and writers ask for help to identify what the problems are. Most of you don’t really read the stories so you can’t help because you don’t know what’s involved in writing a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
hmm...

...producing a ring, popping the question, women college graduates always becoming secretaries...

formulaic, corny americana...gotta find me some better reads.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Ahh... Inbred, redneck love..

I hear pigs rutting in the mud as mood music.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Interesting.

Plausible. Difficult road to walk down and so many things could have gone wrong but they ended up look forwarding forward to a bright future.

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Sweet coming-of-age tale. Like some other stories by this author; a simple, down to earth country boy occasionally shows flashes of great wisdom and more eloquent speech than might be expected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dissatisfying story. All the assholes got away with it, and the "good ones" just put up with it. They even went out of their way to spare Rob a deserved prison time.

I guess there is a biblical message in there, "the meek shall inherit...". Well, it's a dissatisfying message.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice ending but the bad guys did not get what they rightly deserved. The kingpin should have gotten is fair revenge with Rob and with Al and Len through his contacts behind bars. That would be a better type and a more acceptable real revenge.

4*

BJ

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreener5 months ago

Nice Story - Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Cheap white gutter trash

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories