All Comments on 'What To Do With Lynnette? Ch. 02'

by CraCyn55

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
gnfgnfalmost 20 years ago
Very well done.

Life is made up of many things. This story which you state is true had the ending it deserved. Having been in a committed relationship with my wife of over 40 years I can say that communication is one of if not the most important part of a relationship.

We have no children however we practiced alot. The options that people have today were not available when we got married. We basically stated that if it happened then great if not then great.

While stationed overseas in the military we watched when couples started swapping and it seemed to work for them. Then they added a few single guys to the group and some of the married men were left out. That caused a scandle of sorts on the base (Midway Island), the break up of some of the marriages and transfer of all those involved off the island post haste. The single guys were introduced by some of the husbands who then got pissed when the got left out.

This is a sad story but also one of hope that if one is willing to try and change and open all the lines of communication and forgive that anything can be overcome. By failing to move on I am sorry to say you become like a dead fish drifting down stream.

We like to say that it is not what is happening to you that determines your worth but how you respond to what is happening. We have too many people in this world who would rather blame somebody else for their ills than to take responsibility for ones actions and work to correct the situation.

Keep up the good work and don't listen to those who will not sign their name.

Just one question I have and it relates to your last story: in what order is it to be read? I got lost towards the end.

George

sherlock40sherlock40almost 20 years ago
An excellent real-life story

I would like to say something about your end words. To me, it looked as if Lynnette would not have ended her affair with Brian if Jerry had not caught them. She would have continued with it with what appeared to be little regard for her husband. A one time tryst would have been a lot easier to forgive than would a long term affair. I believe that Jerry was justified in his initial response, but held on to those feelings of despair for too long. I don't beleive that Lynnette ever said "I'm sorry that I did it." She was more sorry for the pain that she had caused.

As for the reader's responses, you must understand that this and other websites often glorify the "cheating wife" story. She often has her fling with little or no consequences, while the cheating husband stories are often the base of a revenge story about the wife getting even with him by sleeping with another man. With very few accurate portrayals of loving couples and thousands of wimp-husband stories, it is hard not to interact in a negative way. (But I think some of the readers are insane lunatics also)

As a die-hard romantic, I am sorry that they did not work it out, but in real life it doesn't always end that way.

No matter what anyone says, just keep on writing. It is your right!

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 20 years ago
Well Written

I usually like stories where the cheating wife gets hers.

But this one had a lot of good points and a few bad.

Once Jerry decided to let her come home he should have left all the past in the past. Not keep bringing it up. He did not seem to be trying very hard to work it out.

I did not hear her say "I'm sorry for what I did." That is an important step in the process. I never heard Jerry say "I forgive you either."

Lynn did the right thing in getting on with her life.If Jerry was unable or too stuborn to move on that's his problem, not hers.

To be honest Jerry seems quite the asshole.

Good story. Well written.

Not my usual taste, but still good!

Rob Conner

jaggers0053jaggers0053almost 20 years ago
one exception

thought the story was great and with one exception agree with your analisys at the end. that exception is your comment about Jerry's not having to face his responsibility in what Lynn did. when a spouse cheats, even if it was without malice or forethought, it is that spouses action,not the other. this marriage had problems, but why should one spouse be held even partially responsible for the others decision to cheat?

fdkmanfdkmanalmost 20 years ago
Why should husband take any resp. for HER actions?

You wrote:

Lynn didn't start to learn that until she lost everything and had to start over. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Jerry ever did learn it because he was never was forced to take any share of the responsibility for what Lynn did, so he had the easy out luxury of sitting back and blaming his misfortune and happiness on someone else.

As has been stated many times, WE don't control others! Jerry shouldn't have to admit responsibility for her actions unless he told her to go out and cheat on him! That's the problem with you "fixers" you think everybody has a share in the guilt rather than the person how F'ed up in the first place.

How he reacted afterwards IS his problem because it is his responsiblity to make himself happy not hers. I'm sorry he couldn't get over her betrayal and I guess I'm glad that she finally learned everything she needed to and finally grew up.

ryu77ryu77almost 20 years ago
I was expecting.....

that somehow, at the end, they would get back together... I think that the tape was a reason Jerry really didn't fully forgive her. It made such a hard impact on his feelings, that it never was forgotten.

On another note, Lynn could have worked it out if she would have been honest with him after being caught. Imposing another lie was only fueling his unforgiveness. If she would have come out clean, Jerry wouldn't have had the need to play the tape on the speakers, and reconciliation could have been better.

I hope the poor fella did get on with his life eventually...

dsidedsidealmost 20 years ago
If this story is true

my heart goes out to Jerry. You always seem to blame the man. Why didn't Jerry cheat when they were unable to have a child. As for her now being happy, she probably stole Ted from his first wife. Maybe Jerry wasn't able to get over the betrayal because he loved her more then she loved him. since you don't know what happened to Jerry, hopefully he found a good honest women.

the Troubadorthe Troubadoralmost 20 years ago
How convenient

So, Lynn was successful because she learned to communicate. Jerry's life was destroyed because the fool couldn't just forget about the betrayal he suffered.

One aspect you totally ignore is that the mind and passions are not controlled by reason. But according to you it was Jerry's (apparently conscious) refusal to cast the pictures showing on the screen in his mind when he closed his eyes. My God what a fool.

Of course, it was convenient not to explore what was happening to Jerry after the divorce.

I wonder if you have ever read of the contagion in our society called, "Clinical Depression?" The sketchy picture you left us with of Jerry would fit very well into that disease. It is not something that strength of will can snap you out of, though that is what the uninformed believe. There are drugs that help supply the chemicals missing in the brain of the Clinically Depressed. Extreme emotionaly stress destroy the brains ability to manufacture these chemicals. With luck and relief of stress the mind can recover that ability. If the stress is ongoing (as you describe has happened to Jerry) the problem gets worse. Actually women are more often diagnosed with CD than men, but men, like women, often end the problem with suicide.

But that's Jerry's fault, after all he consciously refused to "...let go of his anger."

Pretty self serving way to blame the husband for the damage caused to him by a faithless slut. As for your perfect citizen, I wouldn't trust her out of my sight. But of course, she reformed. Maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
SO SAD ! ! !

Yes, this was a very sad story. The author said Jerry was at fault and Lynn was not and she got on with her life. Jerry did not cheat on Lynn while Lynn cheated on Jerry and denied it till she was confronted with the evidence. Jerry even gave her the opportunity to tell him everything and she did not untill the tape was played. True, it takes two to make a fight, but not in this case. Jerry could not come to terms with his wife preforming sexual acts with and for another man that she would not do with her husband. Even after the divorce was final, she had to seek other men at a sleezy bar and publicy display herself to others. Jerry should have told the Church that he was going to divorce Lynn and WHY for his own conscious. Jerry was right is telling Lynn that she was a slut. Why Ted married her is beyound us. It would not surprise us if she does not do the same thing to him. You said that Jerry's family supported her after the divorce, why would they if they heard the tape, or did she not tell them the truth and paint Jerry as the Black Sheep? After reading the story, we believe Jerry would never say a bad word to anyone about his wife. Even if Jerry still loved her, how was he to ever trust her again? We hope that Jerry found someone in his life that makes him happy and is honest with him. As for Lynn, it would not surprise us if she did not take her own life, which she should because it is not worth anything. Once a slut, always a slut.

We hate to be so critical, but we witnessed what out slut mother did to out father and it was very tragic. Now we have a father and our father's grandparents.

If the author thinks this is what happiness and marriage is about, then he should seek counseling because he really needs it. We do agree, you are a WHIMP for writting this story.

Laura & Lisa, bi sisters @ CU

HexxedHexxedalmost 20 years ago
sad

Well written and I liked it even if it was sad. Fate/life can be a cruel bitch sometimes. I agree with others that its sad Jerry couldn't move on (if he truly didn't) but Lynn's various actions really didn't make it any easier on him to be able to work it out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Bull!

Yes fate can be cruel and life can be hopeless. Lynnette as much killed Jerry by her actions. She could have just as easily have put a gun to his head because she killed his spirit. There is no rejoicing here. And no, to assume that Jerry should just "forgive and forget" is about the dumbest repsonse I've ever heard.

There are times when revenge is not only justified it's manadatory. That you posed Lynnette as having a mindfulness of religion tells me she'll get hers in the hereafter!!!

This is story may be true. I'm reminded that Hitler loved his children too; even so it doesn't change the fact that he was a monster. Lynnette may have turned into a good wife and mother but she still has the someone's blood on her hands. Let her fix that issue first.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXalmost 20 years ago
If she's not even sorry...

why the hell should he forgive her? Furthermore, I think that forgiveness is overrated, herd morality bullshit. I believe in "an eye for an eye"- limited, rather than explosive revenge, in proportion to the offense committed. He was right to leave her, and I hope that he is happier than her. Furthermore, it was ENTIRELY HER FAULT, NOT HIS!

Also, I see no evidence of a lingering double standard against women- quite the contrary, given the equal popularity of the "First Wives Club" and "The Bridges of Madison County". If anything, women's affairs are viewed as romantic; men's as sleazy. Those who say that the writer is a PC wimp are right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Picky, Picky, Picky

Yeah, Lynnette cheated and life sholdn't have been easy for her because of it. Other than a public flogging I'm not sure there was much more she could have done. Jerry's choice was to take the hand he was dealt and use it to be miserable. At some point he needed to decide to get on with his life. People are born, they live (well, poorly, or indifferently) and then they die. Just keep on writing. You have at least one fan who wants to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Without remorse...

This was one of the most thought provoking stories I have read on this site. It moved me to re-read it at least 3 times, and for that reason I appluad your style and obvious talent.

However, I had numerous issues with this story:

- Lynnette goes with Jerry to the SAME place she took her

lover in hopes of perfroming the same intimacy? Why select

that location?

- She NEVER confesses to her husband. Even in AA one must

go to those they harmed and not only apologize but seek to

make amends. Hers was an apology without remorse. In fact

Lynnette avoided steps 5 and 8 of the 12 step program.

- She brings her lover to her home and then has sex with him

in front of her husband? This I found to be particular

vicious.

- The Church forgives her? How? Under what pretense?

- Jerry's family accepts her? Did they hate Jerry that much?

- The Church does not act as mediator to heal this family?

What Church is this?

- There is NO third family counseling...not even a

recommendation or suggestion of one.

- Why do these characters not go away to a retreat to JUST

talk? No sex, just talk.

The inconsistencies within this story ruined the ending. It just did not mkae sense nor did it justify the storyteller's obvious admiration of the so-called wife.

Let me give you an alternate ending that is also "real life" since this actually happened. A man, his wife and her ex-husband were found dead in the the home shared by the couple. It appears to have been a murder suicide. Neighbors said that the couple had been living in the that house for 20 years and seemed quite happy. They were astonished to learn that the wife had previously been married. The police determined that the previous divorce had been quite accrimonious, but were at a loss to understand why the

ex-husband was motivated at that time to commit such an act.

That tradgedy occured in a Philadelphia suburb in 2003. While

thought provoking, I do not find it usuable as the basis for

any story that I wish to read. Such a story is too sad for me to find enjoyable. On that basis that story seems to have much in common with your own.

Your tale left me searching the bookshelves for that book by

the Rabbi that tried to explain why bad things happen to

good people. Perhaps Jerry's comfort could be found in

those pages.

You did not cuckhold the husband...you murdered him...slowly.

But if that were not enough, you held Lynnette up as some

survivor to be admired. Shame on you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Its Just Fiction!

I really liked the Cyn series. Why people take these stories so seriously is beyond me. Except for some spelling errors, your stories are well thought out and well told.

Try another series where the husband suspects but never finds out. I really like your premises about your women's compulsion to be used. Keep it up and don't let the nay-sayers bother you.

Sman

Nightowl21Nightowl21almost 20 years ago
A slut?

Yup. She solves her problem with sex. Outrageous behaviour like a slut.

In teal life I would be very surprised if her life straightened up without a lot of counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
What a laughable story this is!

Lynnette cheats, and Jerry end up being the bad guy. What do you expect him to do, bend over? If anything, Lynnette should be held mostly respnsible for what has become of Jerry. I guess this authors must has a few screws loose for feeling otherwise.

Nightowl21Nightowl21over 19 years ago
What we do

What we do is subject to what our friends and loved ones do a lot of the time.

To say you can control everything in your life by your will alone doesn't work.The will and resulting actions of others effects you profoundly many times in your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Forgiveness?

Over all this is an excellent story, though I to have a difference of opinion. In order to forgive one must first see honest remorse. Then of course forgiveness should occur. I never saw what I believe was honest remorse from Lynn.. She was upset for hurting Jerry, yet never {I am sorry what I did was wrong}. I believe the problem lay not with Jerry in not forgiving his wife for her filthy deceit, rather it was Lynn's refusal to get help for her illness, it is not normal to be such an exhibitionist. Her desire for the abnormal fueled her sexuality. Without help, they were doomed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Why?

Lynette cheats on Jerry and he is made to be the bad guy. She even descides to try to fuck someone while her husband is in the hotel. I feel for Jerry and hate Lynette. WOmen. What canyou do with them? You try ot make them happy and they cheat on you.

z00timez00timeabout 19 years ago
Self serving

My worthless 2 cents is....I think writers formulate stories and come to conclusions just to justify their own failings. I think Lyn was a no good selfish person. A great revenge for Jerry would be to do in Ted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I had problem with Jerry's parent being symphatic

I was quite disturb how Jerry's parent in the end still even talking to LYnn. If this is something that happens to me in real life, any of my friends/parent better stop talking or even acknowledging her. If parent decide to still communicate and make her felt better about herself, well personally, I would prob disown my own parent. Cheating is wrong in both case, wether if it's a guy or a girl. You're saying how Jerry is responsible for this is ludicrious. He is quite stupid for being over obsessed with her after the divorce but hey, it happens. He should definitely get help from guidence councel and get over her and move on with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
POSSIBLE ENDINGS????

"AUTHOR QUESTIONS WHETHER JERRY IS JUSTIFIED IN HOLDING ON TO HIS PAIN"

ENDING #1

This is a crock of shit...no one wants to hold onto his pain.You want to get rid of it. Here is my ending!

Relief for Jerry apparently came indirectly.

One, On a sidebar, unbeknownst to Lynn, two murders took place shortly after her menage a trois. Two men named Andy and Marc were found dead from beatings sustained in the groin meted out by a crowbar. Death, however, were blows to the head. Hands and Arms were mangled as if they were used as shields by the men to protect their heads and groins from the many blows. No motive nor killer[s] found. Case still unsolved. Suspect Lynn informed police she only had mindless sex with both men and was subsequently cleared. Accused reputation brings infamous tape to light. She's a lover not a killer said one paper.

Secondly, two years later a stray bullet kills baby daughter of Lynn and Ted. Daughter was only one and half years old. Mother and father wrongly accuse ex-husband who had since moved away, remarried and whose new wife was now expecting twins. Infamous tape was played over and over at trial to show why ex husband had motive. Attempt to link to unsolved double murder also brings menage a trois to light. It was determined that both cases were unrelated. Baby killer was later captured. Mrs Reynolds, ex wife of Brian Reynolds surrendered to police earlier this morning. Meant to kill Lynnette not baby...still hears tape in her head ..insanity plea expected. Apparently some author questions whether she is justified in holding on to her pain. Ex husband Jerry sues Ted and Lynn for slander over accusations..wins millions..Pauper Ted and Lynn heading for divorce. At trial of Mrs Reynolds, infamous tape is played over and over. Behind the defendant's table sits Brian Reynolds alone. Behind Prosecution table sits newly divorced Lynnette, also alone. They glance at each other as the tape is played and knowingly finally understood their actions. Unfortunately, outside the courtroom, ex husband Ted arranged for the murder of Brian Reynolds. Case remains unsolved. Apparently, Ted cannot justify for holding on to his pain. But thing is for sure as the author stated Lynnette survived and succeeded in her life...if only that dam infamous tape would stop making its round on the internet.'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
CraCyn55

Haven't you all figured it out yet? CraCyn55 is actually Hillary Clinton........and yes, she does suck her own dick!

Alvaron53Alvaron53almost 18 years ago
Well done

Thank you for the story, CraCyn.

As for the peanut gallery who've cried "Foul!", I ask this question: who dealt with Lynnette's adultery better, Lynnette or Jerry?

For those of you who applauded Jerry for his macho, no-nonsense handling of the situation, did he really win? What was the price of his "victory"? He became bitter, lonely and frustrated. Oh, yeah, he still had his pride, by golly, and that bitch of a cheating slut of ex-wife was never going to do it again! If that's victory, then Pyrrhus would've been proud to be your bud.

I can't condone Lynnette's actions. When you say "I do", you don't get to qualify it later by saying "except when I don't." She cheated, got caught and things went south. Argue all you want as to the whys and wherefores of the divorce, by my read, both partners are at fault. That's right, campers, Jerry gets to share in the fireball of this divorce because he could not, would not, examine his own actions as a potential source of trouble in the marriage. I freely grant him the moral high ground; she cheated, he didn't. So what? I'm sure some day that someone will explain to me the value of the moral high ground when the whole area has been doused with napalm.

When a life-shattering event like divorce happens, you have a few choices. Punt and pull the trigger (maybe not a good choice, considering the permanence). Bemoan one's incredible stupidity and become celibate, sure in the conviction that sex is evil, dirty and perverted. Not a very satisfying outcome but one that I've witnessed. Or you can do what Lynnette did (and as my sister did): pick yourself up, dust yourself off and journey onward through life. I applaud her for her unwillingness to shrivel up and waste away. I believe she's a better person for all her mistakes and tribulations. I wish her well.

For those of you who so greedily damn Lynnette for her transgressions, you have my sympathy for you know nothing of the pain and heartache that life can bring. You condemn but Lynnette affirms what is best in us: the ability to overcome our own human weaknesses, to strive to live our lives as best we can.

I salute you, CraCyn, and I wish you all the best. God bless you.

shangoshangoalmost 18 years ago
Shouldn't this had been in the Humor/Satire cat?

Get real. If you meant to display the reseliency of the human spirit, you picked the wrong hero(ine). How about you write a story about WWII and have Hitler winning? After all, he had friends and he was just trying to place the Fatherland back in a position of being a world power? Do you get my drift? You can rationalize any heinous behavior if you try hard enough. Poor Lynette.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Poor Assessment

Tragic story about a very sick woman that didn't realize how sick she was or to seek the help she needed until she completely devasted the one person that loved her more than life itself. If this is a true story then I really feel sorry for for Jerry and I truly hope Lynette has conquered her demons. You state communication was lacking in their relationship and that it is present in her current relaionship. If that's true then she probably learned to communicate after she destroyed Jerry. After reading the comments I completely agree with Troubador. You put Jerry down saying he chose not to get past it and causes Lynette guilt by not getting on with his life. Like that's the reason he hasn't remarried. Do you know for a fact that he hasn't tried to get past it or that he wishes that he could or do you just see an unmarried man in pain year after year. Don't make assumptions. It takes a very strong person, especially the victim, to get past this and be able to have healthy relationships. It's not a matter of choice. Yes, after years it won't be so painful and he probably won't even think about it that much but his hormones won't let him forget the trauma. It's called respondent condition and is responsible for keeping us alive. So even after we forget the incident the body still remembers. Sometimes referred to as "gut feeling, hunches, intuition, instinct, etc. Every time he gets into a relationship with a woman he will not be able to let his guard down so he can fully embrace love. Of course, he won't even be aware of this. He'll just know that he doesn't feel a deep love for her which isn't enough to commit to her and end up breaking it off and hurting her in the process. Another symptom could be only dating women that he's not that attracted to which is also a defense mechanism to prevent him from getting devastated. After hurting several women this way he'll finally give up. So, it's not fair blaming Jerry for not getting past this. Also, I believe Lynette needs the guilt as a reminder that if she chooses to do this again that she will hurt the one she loves, again. That's what pain is for. You make a lot of assumptions and interpretations based on your observations which make it obvious that you really don't know that much about how human behavior works (don't worry most people don't) In fact, it almost seems that your conclusions are fashioned to help make Lynette feel better. That is just an assumption but it is the only thing I can think of as to why you would skew your opinion so far in that direction. Humbly yours, The Behaviorist

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
ONCE TO YOU DO SOMETHING YOU CAN'T GO BACK

The problem is people don't think before they act. Once you do something you can never go back and change what has happened. Even if the spouse forgives their partner they will always have a scar on their heart and will always have that painful memory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
unnecessary comments

the author started by relating a (true) story but took it upon him to add personal views on the outcome and the characters of the people involved. He should not have done that. He doesn't know where Jerry ended up. So, who says Jerry hasn't found some closure and even happiness for himself, just not with Lynn who was not to be trusted. After all, Jerry remained faithful all through this difficult period of trying to get her pregnant. As to his attitude, what "luxury" is there in this situation. Sitting back and not taking responsibilty ? Get serious. Just stupid. She cheated, was going to continue doing so, having Brian pick them up for the sole purpose of "involving" their spouses more in their "workrelations". Stupid again. Jerry was a victim, no more no less, and the fact that he held on to his anger and remained bitter just confirms his character as described. He lived up to his believe and the standards he set for himself in this relationship and marriage. And then, revisiting Orlando with Jerry, bringing out the more or less suppressed emotions was simply stupid once again. She apparently was missing out on ome 'thrill". Their marriage would probably not have lasted anyway. Her cheating was just the symbolic drop. Jerry did not need take responsiblity for her repeated and remorseless cheating. So again, who says he hasn't moved on as well? G.Belgium.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
So fucking sad

So the slut-wife succedes in the end. She even manages to procreate. Hey author, here's a thought: fuck you! The stupid slut has no control over her urges, and therefore no better at all than a fucking animal. A common tramp. At least a whore gets paid for it. Fucking dick-head, you think that Jerry should have forgiven her? Why? so he could be a soft-cock like you, or the sucker she re-married? She showed no real remorse. If she did have it, you described it poorly. Where were you or anyone else in the story offering Jerry any valuable support? If he got any, you failed to describe this as well. Fucking loser. Please answer this question. Why is it that a slut like this can use her intelligence and philosophies like yours to excuse her bad behaviour? Here's a thought ok? If you don't wanna be a fucking slut, KEEP YOUR FUCKING LEGS CLOSED! Don't hide important aspects of your life, even your sexual urges, from your husband. Hey CraCyn55, you make me sick. Fuckwits like you think there is a difference between men cheaters and women cheaters. There isn't. I know plenty of both, as most people do if you live in a large city. The mentality is usually the same on both sides. Cheaters alway think they are just a little bit smarter than the rest of us. Now stop your fucking whining as you did in your story, and harden the fuck up. Every one knows what the right thing is to do. Just grit your teeth and do it. Fuckers...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Art imitates life?

Author, I think you are a cuckold wimp. I think your wife fucked around on you and you didn't have the balls to throw her out, so you wrote this bullshit story to make yourself feel better about it. I suppose that not being a real man yourself you can't understand the actions of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Not Jerrys Fault

How can you blame a man for not being able to forgive someone who he had loved unconditionally only to be stabbed in the back. Then have the whore wife further twist the knife in his own home. I dont believe there is ever a situation where a person cannot say no. It is a conscious decision. In her case she couldnt even control herself in public while on vacation. Total bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Cuckold

Author has lost touch with the reality that sometimes forgiveness cant be given no matter how much someone loves the other. The lost trust and pain felt when betrayed is an individual experience specific to each person and set of circumstances. Sorry, the authors comments ever so Prejudice toward the offended party simply ruined the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Doesn't work...

I am afraid that your closing betrays your story. Even if this was true, and I do have my doubts, your own opinions would have colored the story beyond recognition of objective reality. Add to that, is that it had not life, no real passion. You tried, but it fell very flat. BTW, I have had my wife read a few of your stories, and for her at least, your idea of the "woman's perspective" is very, very wrong. Women, like men, differ qreatly, so I think it is more accurate to state you write from the perspective of the women in your life. Fair enough, of course, but not the same thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Different

Didn't like the story so much but agree with the whole double standard deal. It's only me but I've seen way more instances in my 42 years of life through personal friends and acquaintances, where the husband cheats and is forgiven that is if he doesn't finally trade her in for a newer, younger model that he feels he's entitled to. After putting up with the aging wife with the corresponding body, who raised his kids and kept his home, many times while working herself. But when the wife cheats? Throw her slut ass out the window. If you want to read where the majority of the stories about husbands cheating that don't result in any consequences are, check out Erotic Couplings. Funny that it's considered erotic coupling for cheating husbands, while cheating women have the misnomer of Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
guess work

I think your last comments were a pack of crap!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WHAT A LOAD OF POP PSYCHOBABBLE

UNBELIEVABLE HOW YOU CAN CRAM INTO ONE SHORT STORY AS MUCH PSYCHOBABBLE AS YOU HAVE HERE IN THIS ONE. If you really believe all that crap you're crazy as a booby and belong in a sanitorium for re-education from birth onwards, reprogramming your brain and if that doesn't take a frontal lobotomy will do quite nicely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Forgive the Pansy, Guys

This is the type of Chump that if he survived his wife shooting him in the head, he'd kiss her ass. If you think this is horseshit, I warn you not read another story from this Author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Lol...too funny

"I asked Lynn recently if she felt any insecurity at all in her marriage to Ted. She told me, with total confidence that she knew they would always be together no matter what happened." See, typical ending where it's the hubbys fault, and her fucking around on him was really for the best in the long run. And OF COURSE her new marriage will last forever...especially if Ted is into watching the wife with other guys! I'm sure there are some men who can't get over the bitterness...some women who have no remorse and only look out for themselves...and some men who will trust a cheating whore, but that's not "moving on" or "getting over the past." That's avoiding the crime and consequences...she never did anything to help her hubby get over the experience, proving herself about as shallow as they get. The author is entitled to their ideas and representation...and the author is entitled to be wrong when he looks only at the surface of the problem, denial about the heart of it all benefits no one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
LYNN IS JUST A SELF-CENTERED ADULTRESS

Lynn is just another self-centered adultress. She should have try to explore her deepest sexual needs BEFORE she got married, and not during her marriage. She knew what type of commitments the marriage entails and she repeatedly broke them. The fact is that Lynn is too self centered to think in somebody else’s needs than her own. Her job, her promotions, her sexual needs, her lack of children, her narcissistic impulses, etc. In the process of satisfying her needs, she completely destroyed Jerry's life. She cuckolded him, and verbally and mentally emasculated him. She had no respect whatsoever for her marriage, her vows, and especially her husband. But why should she if ALL what counts is what Lynn wants and needs? Whether Jerry could move on with his life after he was wounded very deeply by Lynn's excesses and deceit, is part of the tragedy of life. Some wounds cut so deeply that they never heal. Why she was able to survive and he didn’t? Because she is so self-centered with her own needs, that she has very little remorse for her actions and the consequences of them. As long as Lynn is doing OK, who cares! Jerry's personality may have made difficult for him to move on with his life, but made no mistake she was the one who wounded him, and she did a damn thorough job at it. At the end the story shows that life is not fair, never has been, never will be. Some win, some lose, and some tie. In this case Lynn came out a winner, and Jerry a loser, but this doesn't change the fact that Lynn is just another self-centered adultress.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nonsense!

How can you expect Jerry to get over it when she already started responding to the young man in the lobby? To know your wife has been penetrated by another man is dreadful enough. But to witness her activity over the phone must have been excrutiating torture that would replay itself in his mind over and over again every time she touched him. Unless you have been cuckolded by the woman you love you cannot know the pain it causes. It is emasculating, demeaning and undermines a man's self esteem. It is the way men are built. They are naturally territorial. Whilst it may be possible to try to forgive, the knowledge of what happened will always replay itself for the rest of his life.

She should have devoted her life to ensure that she rebuilt her husband confidence and trust instead of fornicating yet again. This woman Lynnette was a self absorbed, selfish, self indulgent serial sex addict. Jerry has to live with this knowledge and memory whilst she plays happy family and happy motherhood in her second marriage. Shere hypocracy.

Clearly the author does not know what it is like to be so betrayed and humiliated. His or her high minded theoretical conclusions are absolute rubbish. Take it from one who has been there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Not, not, not and not again.

This puta writer has lot's of time to spend watchin Oprah and Dr. Phil and uses all the huge bunch of psychobabble she hears and sees elsewhere as well. Then she prosylatizes hedonism as a lifestyle whilst pretending to be a 'righteous' puta. AND puts the male character down whilst hypin the slut fem character. The only 'church' that still excommunicates anyone for anything these days is the LDS and this puta is most assuredly NOT a member.

This puta writer needs to get over it and move on to a new life herself - as a streetwalkin HOR in deepest darkest places on earh OR sold the the lowest bidder to a whore house in Mexico where she can enjoy all she preaches she considers 'right' and 'colourful'.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Interesting!

I agree with the commenter that talked about the doublestandard thing. If she had been the conservative wife that wanted nothing sexually adventerous and he had gone out and screwed other women that were more willing to act like whores...she would have been expected to forgive him because he needed more shan she offered. And of course, there was no communication between them in this story, so this marriage was doomed because it was "The Wife" who went outside the marriage... How utterly horrible that a women would act like a man and seek additional sex! I have wished for 45 years that my wife had been sexual and wanted other than missionary sex. The dull sex it was her wifely duty to provide... You know thousands of years ago experimentive sex was worshipped and not pigeonholed into something dirty and evil. This country is so backwards about the subject to this day that violence and human mutilation is twenty times more acceptable. The story achieved its purpose. It brought out the doublestandards in the readers opions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
An author who gets it

Just wanted to say that it was most def a well written story. Only sad thing is that both of them did not find happiness. But thats life right!?. Have to agree on the double standard thing, its a bitch and we men should be fair. A cheating man is just as much a slut as a a cheating lady. Tho I also belive that woman are as much to blame in double standards as men. Thats gender equality for you! lol ................... Keep up the good work. (And I hope Jerry finds the ability to forgive soon, for his own happiness's sake)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Personally

I'm glad you died.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
shit

I hear all this talk about shades of grey...usually from people who can't make the hard choices, or don't have the backbone necessary to stand up for what is right. I suspect there were more than a few who thought the Jews should do that during ww2 as well, and it's amazing how when all hell breaks loose, it's the "shades of grey" people, whining to the last, who turn to those of us who DO judge because we aren't ashamed of a sense of right and wrong. Do I begrudge the whore...I'm quite indifferent to her and could care less, but she certainly earned her divorce through her actions. Somehow the writer makes it hubbys fault that his world was shot to hell by the actions of a cheating slut; blame is laid where it is due, and all the psychobabble bullshit changes nothing. I guess there's no substitute for wisdom....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Just goes to show there is no justice in this world. Maybe if that whore Lynn tried half ashard in her marriage to Jerry that she is doing with Ted they would still be happily married. Just in this case would have been for Jerry to cut oof Brians cock, while he forced Lynn to watch , and then make her eat like a hotdog. Maybe even better would have Lynn getting AIDS and dying and slow, painful miserable death. Ted better watch his back and bank account as Lynn will surely cheat on hios tooo

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Whatever

Try writing from a mans point of view, instead of this trash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Agree 100 % !!!!!!

What a one sided trash. Typical feminist hogwash !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Unbelievable!

Piece of trash, nothing more.

BriteaseBriteaseover 13 years ago
Sorry

good story maybe, but once you got into the church bit, then i lost interest. Pity maybe. That's perhaps one of the differences between the good old USA and the rest of the world.

otherwise ---- Not bad at all;

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Uh, well yes and no . . .

The comments are about what I expected - a tossup for me to decide which were written by real fems and FullyEffminizedMales or F.E.M.s as I call them. Very nearly 100% of the stories in this category are written by fems and usually most comments are written by other fems. I tend to agree with one comment that fems should work harder to write from a male perspective and not attempt to understand how a male's brain works cause they always fail whilst the opposite is not true. Fems are simple minded as their behavior reflects their thoughts always, ranging from simple selfishness to the extreme self-centeredness. Once a male learns that fact he becomes a real MAN not a F.E.M. . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
this is endosing female cheeting i know it happend to myself, you say jerry could not forgive and work on his marrage let me say i tried more than once but she didnt want to know, after we parted she would turn up every where i went with a different guy e

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 13 years ago
Author too focused on making a point rather than telling story

This was far too preachy to enjoy and that has nothing to do with the church. The church part was stupid as well. She was excommunicated and then she was welcomed back in. For what? I agree with other comments that she was unrepentant. She certainly didn't change her behavior with Jerry. She was on a vacation that was supposed to repair their relationship and it wasn't going well. Lynnette's response - hook up with another guy. Jerry is right, she is a slut. Frankly that was obvious and the attempt to reconcile with her was a waste of time. <br><br>

Then the author preaches to the reader about forgiveness. What crap. We are NOT required to forgive people that hurt us to move on. Jerry's problem wasn't that he couldn't forgive her. It was that he was grievously injured and he couldn't set that aside. Many people have problems like that. Some women who are raped can't stand to be around men. Some people who have been in a bad car accident can't get back into a car. It has nothing to do with forgiveness. It's the personal ability to let go of a traumatic situation. Jerry's continued bitterness is his own problem and that is tragic but it's not a life lesson any more than anyone else with a mental illness is to us. Being stuck to a traumatic situation that has ended is a mental illness. <br><br>

As for Lynette, she was not the one that was hurt. She's upset that her marriage ended but she is the one that destroyed it. So she has the capability to shed her guilt and move on. That's nice for her but not exactly a virtue. "Yup, I did it and I forgive myself." Very convienient. Supposedly her new husband and her will "fix" any problems that come up. Really? So he's OK if she screws around on him? That's not fixing anything. That's just a different view of a marriage. OK for some. Definitely not OK for others. The author preaching about it is insulting. There is no lesson to be learned from Lynette. She knew her behavior with Jerry was NOT OK and she did it anyway and tried to lie her way out of it. She is now with a guy that will what? Accept her screwing around? What great improvement has Lynette made. None as far as I can see. Why would the church accept her back without change? <br><br>

I have absolutely no problems with stories of redemption as long as they make sense. There needs to be remorse. There needs to be self examination. There needs to be real change. I also expect the culprit to pay a cost in accordance with their bad behavior. For example, a woman who has a one off spontaneous hookup can suffer lightly. A woman who has a affair but is working very hard to shield her husband suffers more. Lastly, an arrogant woman who is insulting her husband, cutting him off, etc. pays big time. <br><br>

Supposedly this is a "real life" story so it is being reported, not made up. OK. But then the author gets preachy in trying to justify the outcome. The conclusions the author draws and attempts to foist on the reader are stupid and insulting.

Ntropy586Ntropy586almost 13 years ago
Just so you know...

"allot" = to assign (as with portions or responsibility)

"a lot" = very much; plenty

Interesting story, but the grammatical errors really detracted from the overall effect. Sadly, if I cannot suspend my disbelief - which, really, is the whole point of fiction: to put the reader in a carefully-crafted setting where "reality" can be ignored for as long as the story runs - then I cannot fully enjoy what you spent so much time crafting.

If you're not already doing so, I'd highly recommend looking into using an Editor; Literotica offers that service and from what I've seen, it's quite helpful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I have never seen . . .

so much psychobabble in one story before. Quit watching Slopra Whineyfree and Dr Pill and try again . . .

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Just a mindless prattle by an ultra feminist.

Pompous and self serving. It could have been a good story,if the premises were different. (Perhaps different writer?)

Well deserved 1* !

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
I gave it a 5 because of the writing style

but what it all comes down to is there is no difference. There are just a many man hating women as there are women hating men. It human nature to want payback. She was a slut no matter how you write it. Most females act as if they never make mistakes. We all do but it's how we handle it is where the difference is. A woman will go out get fucked, maybe get pregnant and the don't understand why he is divorcing her. They are quick to point out "till death do use part". But they forgot "for saking all other". And it's the same for a man, keep it in your pants should be part of your vows also.

But the thing that we all forget is, it doesn't matter "why". It should have never happened. We get caught up in how we feel. And when we fuck up, we want them to understand. But they don't have to because they didn't do it. I read "no one won". He cheated and confessed and she made his life hell, then after a DNA test was done, it showed that she cheated and lied before they got married. The child belonged to her ex. That story also shows how people are. When he cheated on her she turn in to a Bitch. But when it came out about the child, then it's let me explain.

In the end were all flawed and shouldn't live in glass houses.

verbicideverbicideover 12 years ago
Not bad for a soapbox tale...

...at the end of the day though, such a tale won't really change any minds. Why not? Because people like stories with morals, but when those stories have too self-righteous a tone, it can be off-putting. This story has too much editorial opinion woven in by the author to be really appealing. As a final bit of advice, please be careful with your word selection and grammar. More than once you chose a word that was inappropriate for the message you're trying to convey. i.e. principal vs. principle, alott vs a lot, etc.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A BAD HABIT TO BE A CONTINOUS SLUT

unable to shuffle slutiness and happiness. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the only problem with this cuck tale

is the length; edit this to 800 words and it would be good to go: the endless blathering turned a potentially good story for wannabe cucks to stroke to into a mind-numbing painful melodrama.

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlabout 12 years ago
She was still a cheating bitch

.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story, but

I respectfully request permission to argue with you a little. Ok. They were both immature when they married. They failed to communicate on some important areas. Does that justify, or even explain, her actions? I'm not Jewish but I read the writings of a Rabbi that I highly respect. He says that marriage is primarily based on duty. Duty is one of the highest expressions of love and, indeed, over time it fosters greater love. She pledged her loyalty to him "for better or for worse." He wasn't the best husband. Did that give her the right to go goof off and eventually give herself to another man? Did she ever suggest counseling or that they do something to improve their communication? If so you left that out. Then it all happens. She lustfully tells the paramour that he is better than Jerry, and Jerry hears it all. How long did she try after Jerry heard those devestating words? Contrary to your analysis, Jerry did try. But she blamed him because he couldn't get the images out of his mind to a sufficient degree as to make love to her. How long did she try? She apparently expected it to happen fairly fast and it didn't. Did she stay with him for better or worse? Nope. She went downstairs and almost immediately started in with another man while her husband, who she knew was suffering, was upstairs. She first emotionally leans on the stranger and then lets him do things that she had promised only to her husband. Then Jerry leaves. Was it over then? Perhaps but she really didn't try too hard to see, did she? Given the extreme nature of the hurt and pain that her behavior caused, could she not have tried to prove herself to him by staying on the straight and narrow for a few months or even a few years and then go to him and try to at least say that she was sorry after his pain had died enough for him to listen. I think that she owed him a very high duty to make amends. You are right about the shallow, ignorant guys that want to hang every woman that strays. But when a woman does to a man (or vice versa) what Lynn did to Jerry -- even if we can find something that makes her conduct less than cold and calculating, as we can here -- I believe that she should make extraordinary efforts to make amends. She didn't. He couldn't perform, she gave up. I agree with so much of what you write and I love your thoughts and analysis regarding such things as learning from the good and the bad, along with your other ideas. They have helped me in my thinking and I truly appreciate your sharing them and I very much hope that you will continue to do so. Also, I hope that my argument does not overwhelm this expression of appreciation and encouragement. As to your post script, I would think that it is a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
weak

you write like a woman telling men how they are wrong and are at fault for being human,u dont blame the victim of a soul rape for not seeing it coming while u are sitting in your house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thw author's bias is showing quite clearly

If this is a true story (and we only have your statement that it is), why do you make Jeff one dimensional after the divorce (not being able to forgive his slut wife) ?

Your long winded narrative at the end nearly endlessly brags about how the slut wife turned finding a wonderful husband (please show me a real wonderful husband) who is wealthy so they can buy a procedure to allow her to get pregnant. Seems that the new awesome husband has solved all the things wrong with her life including her all her adulterous activity and the gangbang with the colllege students after her divorc and of course Saint Ted absolves her of her sins. How many men would do that ?

She was never completely honest with Jeff about her ongoing affair but she easily lied many times about the affair. Just a tad difficult to believe she really changed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
typical 21st cent female

Blame the victim, rape she must have done something, cheating mans fault for not being perfect, authors a woman does it make it wrong no,but just tilted in her favor, women 99.9% cant comprehend the shit an average guy goes through and what cheating does to a decent man, men dont talk much we do things and when things are done to us it is devastating- cheating is equal to hurting our baby- why did i do wrong , why couldn't i stop it, the guilty must pay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great read

I am a male and I see the authors points in this story.the marriage went south problely both there faults. She cheat and he never recovered.they could not reconcile.but all those male calling for her head,they are stuck in a sick place.life goes on. Why all those negative comments from those women haters. Seeing women as sluts and whores but when men cheat what are they called. Definitely a double standard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Interesting

You are very judgmental and sexist in your views (at least admittedly so). I think you are under the false illusion that the husband must forgive to find happiness and completeness. Although you are right that forgivness can help, there are some things for some people that are unforgivable (like murder to the survivor and cheating to the husband or wife who survived their spouse cheating and killing their marriage). Please know that I do not hold a double standard and unlike your pontificating that their is no comparable standard for a cheating husband as their is a wife...that is your opionion and not those of others (at least not me or my friends). The end is weak and unacceptable not because it is a woman, but because it is unrealistic with human nature. Hopefully you can be more credible in your writing in the future (and less a rabid, man hating feminist).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Author is an angry sick person

Loving Wives brings out the freaks and this idiot is probably up there. The self loathing and angry judgmentalism is pretty pathetic. I assume this author may still not be alive

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Horrible story!

Terrible plot and no redeming qualities at all! Sad very sad and the ultimate put down I can give you is I am sorry I ever wasted my time reading this trash!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Amazing

How far this author will go to justify female cheating and to make husbands look bad. Apparently judging from the ratings there is an audience for this type of misandry.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
1*

your comment "I'm particularly interested in the woman's point of view" is because you are a female, and your male bashing writing screams it= LESBO!!! Feminist!!! and its the guy that never communicates = White chick! crutch (women never listen, men communicate all the time).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My goodness

Generally speaking, stories that drive readers apeshit are well written. So I gave it a 5.

That's not because I think any if the characters are admirable.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
If not for...

If not for the final comments, this was a good story...I agree that everybody has the right to be happy. But making the husband the bad guy, who didn't understand her needs, like the second husband, is what made the comments ruin all the story...She knew how she was since her early days, so she should have chosen an husband that understand her, and above all she SHOULD come clear with the husband before cheating on him. That was her mistake...all was her mistake. Good that she finally found a good husband that accepted her way, but she would be for ever responsable for making her first an unhappy man...ALL HER FAULT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just another Dumb slut

Well now the writer wants everyone to forgive being a slut. The man self destroyed himself. Lynette was a slut and every dick would do. I cannot help but believe the writer herself was helping or facilitating Lynette's cheating and is making excuses that all whores do when they are caught. Oh well at least Lynette mad it ok. I do hope the author does not

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Men have a double standard taught to them

When a women strays she is a whore. When a man cheats he is a stud, so men have to be superior . In Arab countries a women is stoned beatin killed or worse just because there women. Okay this story the marriage was over but jerry coulnot move on . Living in his shell . A life well lived is the best way to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Double Take

The writer was Lynette. The slut. all the Excuses at the end prove it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Church

In my simple opinion biggest mistake was the influence of there church. If not for that perhaps Jerry might have been able to forgive her and they might have had a chance.

rick_ohrick_ohover 8 years ago
Jerry was no saint

He observes all these things, and could have influenced her going across the line before, but all he did was stay silent and passive and have things "happen to him". He did well with beating up Brian and telling Brian's wife and all, but the fact that Lynnette faced her demons is a point in her favor.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
Please...Get this shit off here

It's stinking up the remainder of LIT

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Just a fact...

Just a fact: "She met another man, one of the best men I know right now...And a man that is more committed to the core items that make a relationship survive and work well..."...This means that her new husband accepts and close his eyes to her cheating around with different men...that was what Jerry didn't do...1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Meh

Not much to say about this writer. Overly verbose cheater apologist...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Liked it

Having been a "Jerry" I found this mostly belivable except for a couple of issues..Did the church not offer counseling.. did they not seek marriage or sex addiction counseling. I did it didn't save my marriage or resolve any hurt feelings but I moved on.. I met my X like 10 years post divorce hadn't seen her in that long. she was still amazing to look at. I felt that warmth again I invited her to my room thought we'd have a romp. She reluctantly just stayed in her spot standing.

I took that as a refusal to join me an only felt .nothing . It was the final period on our relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good for Lynn, moving on. Alas, Jerry was a stuffed pepper....

...but, neither seemed capable of wholeheartedly committing to the other. And after the damage was done by Lynn's rather stupid and self destructive activities, only a far more honest and capable man would have stayed with her. Call it what you will, but men's egos are pretty tender things, once damaged that deeply (for Lynn struck at the core of him, in the one place he could not defend) are nearly always unrecoverable. They carry on......eventually, but are forever changed.

But more disturbing to me, was the apparent notion you have that we have a right and are entitled in life to happiness.

Sorry, but that is patently wrong. Even the constitution says "the pursuit of happiness". It is something built and earned, never was or will be owed, guaranteed, entitled, endowed or promised. It is our job to make it, find it and maintain it, if we can bear it.

You may think me jaded, but I'm not. I'm honest as I know how to be and, at least in this, am not as self deluded as I might be.

Oh, and you tend to annoy with your misuse of "lose" and "loose"

If you accomplish nothing else, you will have become a better human being and writer if you work this out. It glares at us to distraction.

How did you lose your keys?

As I lost my excess accumulated weight, my clothes became quite loose.

I won't trouble you about the other half dozen or so issues in the writing, as they are currently too trivial to worry about. Some could even be categorized as style choices. So, good writing, except for the perceptual concern and the one glaring usage issue.

Keep writing, it would be a shame to waste the talent, even if I weren't intrigued by your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My 2 Cents

The pillars of a successful marriage are Respect, Love , Trust. Jerry gave Lyn all three. Lyn gave Jerry none of them. So it is not surprising that she was able to bounce back. She didn't suffer at all. Jerry having been betrayed and having no friends family or church support was not so lucky and suffered accordinly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wtf!

Fucking who're. She fucking whine about what happened. Eat shit and die cunt!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Responsibility

Jerry didn't have to face anything but a cheating slut of a wife. It wasn't his responsibility to fix the problem, it was the whore's. You absolve her of all blame, and.let her move on to a happy life. Jerry should make it his life's work to destroy her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
At least the writer admits she hates men

Lynnette doesn’t deserve praise and compassion. She ruined a good mans life just for her own selfish and lustful reasons. I find it hard to believe the ex-husbands family supports her, let alone people who know what she did. She is probably happy now because husband number two is most likely a cuck. She is a cheater and will cheat again. You can’t put a bow on a pig and pretend like it doesn’t wallow in the mud. She ruined a mans life and has no issues with it as long as her life gets better. I call BS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just another husband hating writer

Wow. Wife can be a narcissistic slut and somehow it’s the husbands fault. What planet is this writer from? Female view or not, the story is just designed to encourage women to cheat and chastise men who won’t allow it. Just stupid

trance00trance00over 3 years ago
Superb

A wonderful story with a great message. You are obviously a kind and compassionate soul. It's too bad that there are too many readers here who are so shallow and incapable of empathy, compassion or forgiveness that they cannot appreciate it. Some readers read stories with such bias that they can't see beyond their own bad relationships and their inability to deal with them. If they took responsibility for their own lives and actions, they might manage to grow past bitterness, resentment, and misogyny. I hope more readers will take your writing to heart. The world would be a better place.

The wife in this story devastated her husband and screwed up her own head. She destroyed her marriage. She then confessed to her church, tried to reconcile with her husband, and when that failed and she had her epiphany about meaningless sex, she went on and had a good life. That's called redemption and it's a good thing. Her husband's life is in his own hands to invest in or waste in self-pity.

What they need to do is split the Loving Wives category into several categories - BTB, RAAC, Other (this story is definitely an other). That way those incapable of handling more than children's stories and bad comic book writing (good, evil, revenge, justice, happily ever after) can just stick to BTB. It's not that BTB stories can't be good or have depth. That depends on the writer and I do like a good BTB. It would just provide an easy place to be for those incapable of handling anything else and perhaps prevent a lot worthless comments.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Well written story by a truly committed whore.

Preach on you disgusting slut. LoL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Crap. A man devotes himself to a cheating slut and is devastated by her selfishness... And she deserves praise? BS. Many women wouldn't tolerate a cheating husband for a second. Cheaters, wife or husband, are just scum - with no morals or saving graces. Temptation abounds for men and women. Male sluts are just as despicable as female sluts. If you can't keep your promises, your scared vows, made before God, family and friends don't make them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It continues to fascinate me how so many writers with above average skill-but not great skill-feel the need to pontificate with absolute certitude that their particular worldview is so spot on. In my opinion there is some value, and perhaps truth, in what you say, but your arrogance is loud and offensive. It bothers me that you are so quick to condemn men, what with your pompous and egotistic belief that you know beyond a doubt what defines Jerry's flaws. I can tell you in my experience that the acts of others, particularly those closest to us, can be so hurtful as to irreparably fracture us at a fundamental level. It forever changes us, for the worse, and it doesn't matter what we do to ourselves that perpetuates the pain, or whether or not the actor was negligent, intentional, didn't mean it, or has genuine regret after the damage is done. Again, in my experience, this deep pain can happen to men or women, but in this case it was to a man. At the end of your sermon, you blame the victim, primarily because he couldn't get over, or through, or past the pain tearing his soul. You praise his ex-I say good for her as well, I'm just not so pious as to then curse Jerry, offer condescending tut-tuts about his painful future and his inability to move on. In fact, I don't know that I myself "naturally" possess the kind of courage you seem to flippantly ascribe to us all (if one will just tap in to it you imply.) I personally believe the road to healing from such significant pain is a spiritual issue and we as human beings are fundamentally flawed in dealing with such consuming pain. My professional and personal experiences support this view; I didn't come to it on my own. Im frustrated at your hubris.

BigDee44BigDee44over 2 years ago

I guess I am surprised they did not try counseling. She seemed to have a definite problem, the way exhibitionism was compulsive. Jerry had hang ups that were in his way. These things have a way of hiding, like my wife's apparent bipolarism. The people are not bad, but cannot seem to stop the behaviors. And secrets between people who are not partners leads to further secrets, all of which make the inevitable reckoning even more difficult. In our case it seemed like she did not want to actually participate in the counseling. Perhaps the dementia that has crept in is partly responsible. I continue to mark time....

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

One of the main guilty party in this misery is this church and the conservative opinion to sex. It was the church with the stupid rules that made it impossible for this marriage to survice.

Lynn was able to shake off the religious clamps and explore her sexual needs but Jerry wasn't able to do so.

And it was the church that excommunicated her and welcomed her back later on. But I didn't read anything about the church helping the Jerry in any way.

I'm pretty sure that counseling outside the conservative church could have helped them and they could have a happy marriage now.

I'm happy for Lynn being happy now with a new husband, but I would like to see someone helping Jerry too. As I understand it he was abandoned by the church too and had no help at all. At least Lynn had friends obviously that helped her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

somthing i'll never understand is that ppl need to step out to find gratification at an age where sex toys fucking machines and all are plenty. Cause personnaly i never felt sexual urge that a good masturbasion session couldn't solve(in the shower, toilet at work ;-) and many place else with a good fantasy in mind a romanced or even enhanced version of my commited partner)

tho i won't begrudge Lyn happiness i feel for jerry he needed help(professional) and maybe like alrdy said a better spiritual guidance. Some church can be sick in the new cont even if a pastor can marry.

Genesis talk about incest i mean there were only 2 right? and then Jesus married a prostitute and Paul preched for pretty liberal sexuality (inside marriage bondaries) They were not prudish but decent(reserved to the "alcove" kind/private)

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
Jerry and

The marriage was the victim here not the wife who was and probably is a self proclaimed slut, the second husband must Like to watch her garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice piece of victim blaming, no wonder Jerry disappeared if all the churchmembers supported Lyn. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near you lot either.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Mostly narration and logical explanations. Almost no dialogs, emotions or intimate non-sexual scenes. Not a story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous