All Comments on 'When I Get Home'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just Another Wacko With a Gun

Guns + Mental Illness are a really BAD combination,as the asshole in this story proves. ~ Stupid wife,lousy detective,and boring husband join the wack job to make this a rather pedestrian story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed the story. Your a good writer. I would have divorced her, but thats just me. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Asshole deserved to be shot

since he kept the cheating bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This author has written better stories than that. 2* for this non-good tale

I really like this author and his tales but this one is quite wimp and pathetic cuck.

It seems this tale is not even written by the same author.

This tale is too cuck, wimp and the wife is a STD slut-shame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Karen was a slut!

The way that Karen tells the story, she was drunk when screwed Williams at the picnic. Well for Karen not to realize that she was screwing Williams would require her to be falling over drunk! In that case Kurt would of found her passed out cover in semen while she was lying on the ground after the picnic. If she screwed him while she was still sober like I think, that means Karen is a slut! Kurt should divorce her ass.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 6 years ago
Cuckolicious

Interesting cuck and one time lying cheating whore story.

I usually like HDK's plot angles even if I don't like his characters.

I appreciate this story and don't really give a shit about the cheating wench and her cuck and almost murdered husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good story,

Don’t worry about assholes who try to turn fiction into real life. His is entertainment and it did just that. Just what it was supposed to do.

EzrollinEzrollinover 6 years ago
Do I detect envy in some of the comments?

Nice little story, well written an interesting, more so than a lot of the tripe I've read here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please at least remain civil

If you don't like the story, don't say that the author is inept. Most of us would not write as well as HDK, if they even tried.

Besides, hiding under the anonymous blanket to criticize is way too easy.

Does it matter that the story might be far fetched, or not exactly the way you want it to be ? HDK's characters are welcome to act the way he wants them to act. In his stories, he runs the show. I happen to like some of them, and wish to thank HDD for the entertainment he provided with those stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well here we have it

Another rubbish story by a rubbish (well let's not go mad and call him a writer) Pen pusher is probably more like it!

Give it up HDK. try knitting, you might be good at it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yeah

Bloody mighty high cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* WELL DESERVED !

since cuck-boy didnt divorce the whore .

hope her next bull gives he (and cuck-boy) a strong case of aids sooner rather than later ! cuck-boy can look forward to a life of licking out 2nd hand man-cum from his hotwifes dirty used snatch ! the dozens of bull is their future want to thank cuck-boy for not divorcing the whore !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
perfect

if not for the fact that she fucked around on him and almost got him killed. twice. 0/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Her Excuse is Irrelevant

While I agree that the wife's excuse of being drunk and taking cold medicine is lame and pathetic, in the end it doesn't matter to the husband. Her throwing herself in front of the shotgun showed him how much she loves him and is sorry for her cheating.

Also her behavior, loss of weight and fawning over him shows her guilt and remorse. She knows she screwed up and deeply regrets her adultery. It was also a one time occurrence. Unless you are determined to be divorced from her, it is totally forgivable. However, I'd still be really angry and trust in her would take quite a while to be reestablished!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Does seem like a rather convenient excuse, I was drunk.

So, how many other guys has she been drunk with? It sounds like it was simple lust and opportunity. So why won't she do it again, once she thinks she can get away with it?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 7 years ago

Drinking excessively with a guy while taking cold medicine? Sounds a bit off.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 8 years ago
Really?

Your wife fucks a psychopath and then he tries to kill you twice and all you say is "oh, dear, I'm glad that's behind us?" Not even "Lets not fuck around the office anymore?" Gag.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
2 stars.

Stupid cunt should have fessed up. Instead, she kept everything a secret so her fuck buddy could get away and attack again.

Once she realized who shot her husband, she absolutely should have fessed up!

She gave far more importance to her secret and selfish desire to keep her marriage than everyone's safety.

That bitch would be divorced so fast it would make her head spin!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Slut or stupid

she knew drinking and med's do not mix. She messed up and I leave her in a minute.Why was

she out drinking and no husband around.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
I Can Live With It

Some people made a big deal out of her "secret rendezvous". Nowhere was it indicated that it was anything more than a couple of co-workers having a few after work drinks.

Should she have watched how much she was drinking, sure.

Should she have maybe thought more about how her cold medicine might interact with the alcohol, again, sure.

But that doesn't make her a cheating slut, and we can't discount the possibility, as someone else said, that he might have slipped her a date rape drug.

And finally, there was her throwing herself in front of the shotgun, there was NO indication that she knew it wasn't loaded.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
alcohol and meds

It can happen .....

Thing is, she jumped in front of her husband to protect him.

Honest mistake with the drink and meds leads to her being taken advantage of.

The guy is a bit of a nut job......

Plausible plot and no, she shouldnt be made out to be a thoroughly bad person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
agree

I'M THINKING ALONG THe SAME way as "spliteaces".A 3

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Angry commenters

I've been reading loving wives stories for awhile now and I usually refrain from commenting but all these comments screaming about writer or main character being a cuckold simply because he takes his wife back are annoying as fuck. I mean everyone makes mistakes and she clearly did it was a perfect storm of situations but it happened. There are times to BTB and there is time for reconciliation. We're human ergo we make mistakes. I've read BTB stories where I don't agree with the result and I've read reconciliation stories where I thought the wife should have been burned but arguing for one side at all costs is idiotic in every way. Circumstances and many other factors have to come into play for every decision.

Just my 2 cents.

Anyway it was a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
throw the skank slut out

chucky! but no you are a wimp.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry mixing alcohol with meds, not my fault, who chose the actions?

another RAAC story

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 9 years ago
Well you pulled off the impossible

You came up with a set of circumstances where I believe I'd take her back too. It's not clear how she ended up in a situation where the creep could take advantage of her (which is the weak link in every cheating wife that loves her husband story) but what the hey, I've had nights I can't remember to this day when I was younger; so who knows what he may have slipped into her drink. What is clear is how much she loves her husband and how sorry she is for having cheated on him. I think seeing your wife try to take a bullet meant for you is more than enough justification to give her a second chance.

sinsational83sinsational83almost 9 years ago
NICE

This story was pretty good reading. it was well written and in a weird way made a lot of sense. actually I would have read this if there were 10 more chapters, it was that good.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
well written at least

Well written. I can sort of understand why a husband would keep a wife that made a single mistake while under the influence, but the wife should not have been drinking to excess specially when taking any medication. The husband should learn from this though and never trust his wife to drink when he is not present. Maybe that sounds harsh but she has proven she is just not responsible enough to be trusted to drink on her own without getting into trouble. The husband has already paid a high price for her cheating, no need to have it happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
they both need to be tested...

this guy had his penis in more than one could count

fiddler2068fiddler2068about 9 years ago
Love isn't enough

So she loves him so what? She betrayed him and will likely do so again when she feels comfortable. She promised him before God that she would forsake all others. That didn't make any difference the first time. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

she almost got him killed once, and almost got him killed again to cover for the fact that she was a whore!

BURN THE BITCH!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Not Quite Letting Her Off The Hook

Even conceding that she didn't know about Mary and Tim, it never occurred to her that the guy she slept with and then rejected might have gone after her husband?

And even IF she didn't make the connection right away, she obviously DID when the Detective mentioned Williams, and still said nothing.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 9 years ago

You ruined this story by him not getting anything out of his wife's affair....he got shot because she is a slut and than nothing? I could not score this above a 1

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@krosis666

Why are you making up facts that contradict what was in the story?

He plainly said that he took the shells out when he became concerned about children in the house. And since he knew EXACTLY where the shells were, it's obvious he was telling the truth that HE unloaded the shotgun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why are some readers so excited about the unimportant things?

The cheating whilst drunk and on cold medicines was a McGuffin, a plot device to get the story going.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a double disappointment

She knew it was her affair that "triggered" the attempt on her husbands life, yet she said nothing, did nothing, and sat silently by during the police investigation. Meanwhile she was the only one in her family not at risk while a psycho was lurking in the shadows.

"the cold medicine made me do it" excuse is almost as inane as "it didn't mean anything, it was only sex."

Their daughter is out of the home, attending uni, She is known around her work place as the woman who was friends with the weird predator. Her husband heard all about her affair and her offer to leave with her (former?) lover, learning why he was shot. And yet, he kisses and makes up, taking her back.

How long do you think this marriage on life support will survive?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Laughing my ass of at krosis666

Get a grip dude. . .it is only a story. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack or have a full blown stroke. LOL

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also

PhilipinNorcal (I think I got the name right) made the most telling and relevant comment. He said; " She feared two possibe outcomes, divorce or widow. She chose widow."

Exactly. She chose to put him in a life threatening position, to keep her secret. Anything else she did, pales in comparison to that.

So she jumped in front of a gun for him. Except that it was not loaded! A crazed man intent on killing a guy he sees as an obstacle wouldn't unload it! Hubby had it there to protect himself and his family from an obvious threat, so he wouldn't unload it! That leaves one person. The person that dived in front of it, to 'save' her husband. Except she was the only one there that didn't want a loaded gun in the house, so she knew it would not fire! Making her great 'sacrifice' a contrived act, to win favour from a cheated husband!

So what remains? A wife that INTENTIONALLY put her husband's life in danger by not revealing the name of the guy most likely to have shot him, and then, when he survived the first attempt, and wanted to protect himself, SHE is the one that renders that protection mute! She is the only one that would have removed the bullets, so was she actually TRYING to become a widow?

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I think not

She was drunk? Mixed with medication? That combined to make her so out of it that she fucked some crazy guy? Yet she remembered all of it? Right down to the fact that she remembered who her husband met, and didn't meet that day! She could recall, months later who her husband met at that party? Yet she was high on medication and also drunk enough to cheat? She must have been watching him pretty closely that day, in order to remember him not meeting her new coworker. Why? Was she trying to keep them apart? Why would she not introduce her new coworker to her husband, unless she had a reason not to?

If it was merely a reaction to medication and drink, (Which doesn't work as an excuse when you crash your car into somone, so why would it when you cheat?), and she knew the guy was dangerous, why did she put her family at risk from such a dangerous man? To keep her secret? If it was merely a mistake,(There are no 'mistakes' when it comes to cheating!), then why not at least warn her husband and daughter that a crazy man might be coming their way! It seems that keeping her secret was more important to her, than the safety of her family!

And before someone says that she didn't know he was dangerous and crazy, OF COURSE she knew! So she may not have been there when he tried to kill another coworker, but if one of your coworkers tries to kill another one, YOU WILL FIND OUT! Everyone in the building will be talking about it for months, for Christ's sake! It wouldn't just slip by you unnoticed! She knew, and put her family at risk, just to hide the fact that she was a cheating slut!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Naive but in love

No sex but still one very good story

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
It's Not My Fault.

Standard first response from a cheater. Nuff said!

Pappy7Pappy7almost 10 years ago
Easy read

Author is a very good writer. I liked his story right up until the end. Why wouldn't the wife tell the truth about what had happened. I also think that she knew the shotgun had been unloaded. Might have even done it herself.

Oh well, was his story to write. easy read, all told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
shit

In your world are all men such pussies that they take their wives back after cheating. I was drunk is not a reason.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

the last paragraph tells it all

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
A well-told, well-written tale, but

if I had been the husband, I would have wanted to hear her explain where and when she was with this guy that they were alone, drinking, and fucking.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Okay...

The fact that his stupid wife hung out with a psycho loser and had drinks with him says a lot about her low level of intelligence and poor judgement. Who needs to be tied to a thoughtless idiot like this? No one does! The kicker is the cheating, that is the straw that tips the scales. Getting her husband shot, is just icing on the divorce cake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Slut

Every cheating slut has a lame excuse -cold medicine -really give me a break

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Divorce the woman for god's sake.

Get real! Cold medication and booze. How lame can you be writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Fuck that, tell the cops everything, the fucking cunt helped to get him shot.

1/5

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
What BS

The drink+cold medicine while a fucking weak ass excuse I could see hubby getting over but the bitch holding out after he was shot and then the workmates hubby being run off the road = divorce and a charge of withholding information to the police at the very least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thinking about it I am certain...

...that a reader who hides behinbd an "Anonymous" is much more of a wimp than anyone in a story. What is it, Anon...no guts to state your opinion?

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and original

Definitely worth a 5. Plus the main character did the right thing; anyone suggesting divorce under those circumstances is as sick as Williams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lame

A cuck-wimp waste of time. Thanks for nothing, fruitcake.

krosis666krosis666almost 11 years ago
Divorce her

What a self-centered bitch! She cheated on her husband and rationalized it to herself with a lame excuse about cold medicine. Why was she having secret rendezvous with a coworker in the first place? Even when her husband was shot and almost died, when her daughter could easily have been shot, even when she knew her friends husband was run off the road by her lover, she remained silent in an attempt to hide her lies and probable ongoing cheating. She was quite willing to sacrifice her husbands and daughter's lives to protect her secret, even when she knew her lover was deranged and murderous, and was almost certain to try again. She didn't care who got hurt or killed, so long as she could feel good about herself. Divorce her; after telling the cops all about her scheming and obstruction of a police investigation.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Worst excuse ever!

"I had too much to drink and it must have not mixed with the cold medicine I was taking."

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I'm sure the "Old Karen" is back! Question is, who would want her?

A) This isn't ONE mistake, it is her M.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. She goes out to a intimate, one-on-one alcohol filled/fueled lunch w/ a "wierdo."

2. She f*cks a wierdo (ugh!) (and blames it on cold medicine? Yeah, right.)

3. She doesn't confess the affair to her husband.

4. She jilts wierdo, then when he goes after Mary, realizes he is a "wierd guy" but STILL doesn't tell husband so he can watch out for the wierdo.

5.. When husband is shot, she doesn't go to the police knowing it could be wierdo.

6. When the police come to the hospital does fails to mention wierdo.

7. When Karen does go back to work, she must have found out all about Mary and Time Shaw (and Tim's being forced off the road), but STILL doesn't tell husband or the police!

8.. When police come to her house, she lies to them AND HER HUSBAND.

9. When police leave, she fails to inform husband again of the truth even though she realizes it might have been the wierdo, setting up husband to attacked again.

10. When wierdo comes to her house, she apparently invites him!

Maybe for a little more sex with the man who shot her husband?

B) SInce she never confessed wierdo, how do we (and Kurt) know this is just the one and only mistake? Given ALL the deception over wierdo, she obviously won't admit ANYTHING until the truth comes out some other way.

C) She admits at least part (and who knows, maybe most) of her motivation for jumping in front of the gun was to SAVE HERSELF.

Yes, she may love Kurt, but not enough to keep her legs closed when the opportunity arises, even if it is only the opportunity to boink a scumbag! Kurt must feel REAL special!

Could Kurt TRUST her any less about either the past or the future??

D) He's been shot & nearly killed AND cheated on AND lied to, but she's been "punished enough"??????

On what freakin planet HDK??

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
Cold medicine

Don't they come with the label don't consume alcohol?

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 11 years ago
Misfired

I don't comment on many stories, and I'm a huge fan of HDK, and his ability to write such powerful stories with credible characters in such short pieces. I'm jealous and study his work, to see just how he does it.

Re-reading this story, I can't get past the cheating wife KNOWING who tried to kill her husband and leaving him and her DAUGHTER at risk. One word to the police and all is resolved. She is worthless, and without any redeeming qualities at all.

Zero chance for redemption. Period.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Reconciliation

I'm pretty sure I could forgive a one-off drunk fuck if Sweetie later tried to take a shotgun blast for me!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Just re-read this one -

I still like how it was written - if you need a true to life provable story - look elsewhere - this is a fiction site. Some may be based in truth but never ASSume it.

Either way - if giving your life for your partner is not enough to pat for a single lapse - mistake - deliberate - whatever - what the fuck is?? How does any human being make up for an error - none of you have lived this long without making plenty - were none of them ever forgiven? None of them were ever regretted? All of them you continue to repeat ??

Oh wait I have read the comments so I know some of you are incapable of rational thought or learning - so I will move on -

Thanks HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Iscariot

well cored cornhole, he smoked a turgid cock, betrayed!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Decent

She cheated one time and her husband almost died. One comment made was correct. He has a free pass forever.

DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

YOU COULD DIE

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
poor huecuck, overcompensation much?

he is the only virgin cuckold in the history of the world, would be funny if it wasn't so sad :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Is bonbondog a poodle?

or justa pathic cuck like huecuck.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
anoncuck I do think dead women look sexy

Shit, you wife and mom both look like dead crack whores and I fuck them. Your mom weight 87 pound and that after she swallowed my load. I wont even talk about how your wife looks, lets just say TIM BURTON made a movie about her.

BourbondogBourbondogabout 12 years ago
She lied

Lied to the police, to her husband and put his life at risk to cover her cheating. No excuse is acceptable! She may have been drunk but she remembered what They did in bed and when it came time to come clean ,she put her needs above her husband safety untill the gun was drawn. Too late dude. Should curb her ass ,out the door man ,until she earns her way back or just dump her cheating drunk ass now! Ps he earns a free pass forever from her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Give huecuck a break

He bashes authors like HDK because he is jealous, that's all. How many red H stories does huecuck have? Zero. HDK has 40-50 red H stories and if fuckwits like huecuck and his posse of cuckolds would shut the fuck up maybe guys like HDK would submit again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
necrophilidogg!

Can't get a live woman, even blow up dolls turn you down, huecuck says "That corpse looks kinda sexy!" Sadly, it was a dead dude, that was a butthole you were screwing buddy. You sick fuck! Is "gay-dead-ass-fucker-dogg" too long a nickname?

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I beg to differ anoncuck

there nothing sorrier that a cuckold that lashes out at their wife's lovers. we can't help it she's such a big whore. We only use her from time to time. And as far as demeaning, haven't you aquired a taste for creampies. Now that's what I call demeaning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It's okay little cuckdoggy

The vets here know your sad story (frankly, your pathetic attempts at a comeback demean and embarrass you) so just let anon talk about wanna be cuck or whatever; you lived the cuck experience and he probably hasn't so you got him beat where it counts; experience.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
wow I love it when anoncuckerster makes a comment

Sometimes I forget that anoncuck is still mad that his wife and I were lovers at one time, I had to cut her loose when I found out she was calling out my name as he fucked her. I felt sorry for you, I hope that my last support check helped out with my kids. But don't take it to personally, she will always give you the sloppy seconds you crave so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

... and I get it. Its simple she was willing to die for him and that is love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
listen to huecuck

being an admitted cuckold he knows of creampies specials - frickin closet cucks are hard to take serious tho, who do they think they are fooling with the rage and denials? damn closet dwellers

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
I agree with anon

this is a creampie special, he gets shot, almost dies and she has suffered enough. She got fuck and life goes on. I see a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I think this author loves to have cream pie.

Beyond all reasonable doubt, this author is a sorry excuse of a human being for posting such demeaning tales.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Definitely Not Your Finest Hour err I Mean Story and yet...

Did you ever hear a story that bordered on inane but listened almost as raptly because the story teller told the story with style and nuancd. Reading this has been akin to watching DeNiro on any of the movies he's done in the last decade or so. One of my favorite actors caught in inferior vehicle and yet it's hard to turn way for fear of missing a '' you looking at ME moment". Even after it's all over and 2nd rate story is over . You remember better times and let that hold you over because DeNiro " knows a little something about something" -A Boy's Life-. So does HDK ! Thats why I'll always have time to take any and all stories he authors out for test run.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I think he's a fool

The husband is a fucking idiot, she got you shot, she fucked another man, was letting him get away with by not telling the cops the truth and you tell her she been punished enough. Your a cuckold in waiting.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Very different

A very unique story for this genre, in my opinion. I mean, we know somehow that his wife has cheated, after all this is "Loving Wives", but how the investigation into the attempted murder brings it out is an approach I haven't seen before. This was a "redemption" story and I liked the way that came about with his wife offering her life up.

Now I know there are many that wish that shotgun was loaded, certainly at least Billy, if he's commented on this one. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
stupid

husband is shot by guy wife fucked and he's ok with her. bull shit on that.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
This getting ridiculous -

I am loving your stories and can't stop working through them -

But you do not seem to be much these days and I will run out - what then?

Think about us what are we going to do at work all day ?? WORK???

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I liked this one,

I also liked the Manson Creampie remark by anon comment, LOL. Your story was great J. keepum coming. R.T.

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 14 years ago
Kurt and Karen should be together after all

Good story, But I think Kurt should have demanded Karen stop drinking all together(never again). Kurt should also put her on a short leash. After that many years together and that she would had given her life for him, I think if it were me and my wife I would forgave her. But I would not let it happen again if I could (hence short leash).

Thank You for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wimp

You sure you aren't a brit?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
confused

"Ralph, I'll go with you if we leave right now, okay? There's no reason to wait for Kurt. We can be long gone before he even misses me," reasoned Karen.

This statement was never resolved. Did she only have her husband's welfare in mind?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So forgiving

She got fucked. Drugged or not one choses ones actions including getting drunk. She got him shot. She didnt connect the dots nor explain to the police. The guy came to get her since it was the best sex of her life. And He keeps her? Yeah diving in front of him was an act to make up for her actions but not one worthy of forgetting her actions. You can forgive someone for stealing from you but you also want them to pay the price for their crime. She committed a "crime" that got him shot and almost killed and caused the killer to eventually come after her and to make sure he was dead. Time for her to pay for her "crime".

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not one of the better HDK stories

Nothing really happened.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
I don't get it

I just don't get this story at all. How does a loving wife end up fucking a crazy guy? A few drinks and cold medication is all it takes??? Time to visit the pharmacy. The Bodyguard moment was cute.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
A silence that almost killed twice - forgiven?

This time around I could not like the story as much as I have the first time I have read it. The wife's difficult situation is a given, but compared with her husband's terrible ongoing nightmare, her silence is repulsive. <P>

In fact, compared with the crazy attempt of her lover, her selfish silence is much worse -ethically speaking, than the act of the lover; she was supposed to be his best friend and ally ... <P>

At least from the time the official inquiry zeroed in on Williams - there could be no imagined redeeming explanation or excuse to her silence. She is directly responsible to the ending scene by not preemptively sharing all that she knew. It was only luck that the final violent confrontation ended the way it did. <P>

The reason I could not like the story however was not because the wife was at the end of the day a self serving skunk. Rather, it's the bizarre reasoning of the husband in accepting her silence, combined with his strange efforts to save her "good name". His dubious impromptu story, one which even a scout master would have never bought (how about the timing of the shooting and no motive to kill the wife) made it even harder to digest.

CastleStoneCastleStoneabout 15 years ago
As always a great story.

Title says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"Always forgive the slut and take her back.

Why didnt she just admit it all and tell the police and her husband. Better than that when she was "tricked" into sex why didnt she tell her husband then instead of keeping quiet about it because she really did enjoy it. And to have put her husband and herself at medical risk from bareback sex with a sexual predator! Personally as soon as the criminal was jailed the wife would have been out the door. She has already proved she cant be trusted, is a liar, is a cheater, and cares very little for her husband as related to the medical risk if nothing else. Why stay married?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
uncertain

wife goes out and puts it all on the line, and the guy's problems spill over to the husband. the guy uses a weapon and husband is put at risk. a cynic could say that her action was not love, rather an effort to make up (or try) for the messed up situation she caused.

i could easily understand husband stepping away from wife, permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Story!!

Sure the sex was non-existent, but it's nice to see that one mistake doesn't spell the end of a marriage. I mean, she proved her love by almost taking a shotgun blast at close range(which would have torn her into two pieces in case anyone cares). Not something you would do unless you truly loved that person. Great story. Next time, more sex though. And for all those haters who claim he was a wimp for taking her back??You try to find someone to take a bullet for you and let the rest of us know how it works out.

ProfWriterProfWriterabout 17 years ago
Who gives a shit if you agree!!

I don't! The half-assed comments written by the great unwashed provide no service, critical or otherwise, to the authors who submit their stores.

The Literotica rating system is no longer of any value due to the vicious and unwarranted attacks on the authors.

If you don't like a story, don't read it!

Authors - Forget the ratings. Please delete the insulting comments.

Thanks for your efforts.

PW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Job. I laughed at the previous poster's empa

...empathy for your character and writing!!! What a crackup. Well, as for your story, that was about a one in a billion or something possibility, but was written clearly and with emotion. I don't agree with not finishing the guy off before calling the police. I don't get why they needed to "get their stories straight" why didn't they tell the cops the truth? The wife wasn't guilty of something that would've gotten her in trouble was she? The part where she didn't come forward when she knew who had stalked them and shot her husband had an odd light about it. But hey, This is your story and you spent a lot more time and effort on it than I did on my comments! I did enjoy reading it and it had a good ending I think... still don't care much for how the wife handled the problem. Her guilty countenance including before he got out of the hospital seems to indicate she was guessing who had shot her husband before she owns up to it. irchristo@aol.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Where is the FUCKING?

I don't care if you got shot! Tell me more about your wife getting FUCKED!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I like the story...and

You know I read stories here in Literotica for the story. I get so upset with those commenting on how the husband is a wimp if he takes a cheating wife back, like these guys would know, maybe they are the wimps themselves who have done just that. Can't people read a story for the story itself anymore? Do the guys always have to be the superhero who can throw a wife out for making mistakes? Hell if given half a chance these same selfrightous individuals would be the first ones on the band wagon of infidelity if a bare pussy was in their faces. It's called double standards people. For crying out loud the writer here wrote a fantastic story which captured ones attention from the start and held it until the end. That's what writing is all about, capturing the reader into the story. Who cares if the guy is a wimp, hero, or just average. It's the writers abitlity as a writer that counts here. And I for one am very impressed with this persons writing ability. The critiques who have to tear every story writen here apart need to move on and get a life in my opinion. One which doesn't involve their own infidelity or selfrightousness. If they have to tear a story apart they need to concentrate on the sentence structure or paragraphs, not the content of who did what to who. These stories are after all fiction and as such can range in any manner of far fetched indulgement the writer wants to add, so long as they capture the reader into the story.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Really well done story

I have to say the husbands emotions of getting shot and his reactions are a clinic in post-stress of a blind assault.

You have already heard about the wife not coming forward and not trying to protect her family when she finally suspects the person who shot her husband. That is a damning action.

The rest is a great read and deserves the highest of regard for the great effort and entertainment.

Thank you

PT

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIover 17 years ago
recent, real story

this story by HDK reminds of a recent, in the news story about a wife who ran (supposedly she was kidnapped) away with a writer-wanna-be (who shot a man he said was gonna shoot his daughter or something).

anyway, the 50-something man "kidnapped" the warden's wife, as she visited the prison and they went away and lived together for 10 years, in the same trailer, as man and wife. the old guy, by now, had had some heart attacks, for which the warden's "wife" (who's now been the escapee's "wife" for some ten years [escaped around 1997 and founded 2007]), who's now in ther 40's, had to call emergency/911 once or twice.

the smart woman's version? she did not want to jeopardize her family and husband! meaning, if she had called the police, let the police know what happened or where she was, ANY TIME during those 10 years, that writer-wanna-be (this man HAD NO MAFIA connection! but the WOMAN'S HUSBAND is in the upper echelon of the law enforcement community!!!), if she had done that, she reasoned, that evil man would have hurt or killed her husband and children.

the point is, THE HUSBAND, like HDK's husband here in this story, THOUGHT that reasoning of his wife was the sound one, and so after living 10 years with an old man, with no teeth, in a trailer, the warden said he welcomed his wife back and that what she did was very brave!

it tells you not only women can convince themselves they rae actually dummmber than they really are ---- men, too, had to convince themsleves they are actually dumber than their women.

if HDK had gone on with this story, had the shooter allowed to take the bitch, she'd go on to live with him for years and then later, say what an honorable and brave thing she did, to save her husband and children from the psychopath, who the brave woman willingly laid down with, metaphorically and literally, to make sure no harm came to her loved ones!

what kind of "reasoning" is that?, I have absolutely no idea! but a few author and lots of people here think that such bizarre and backstabbing activities very admirable!: fucking the bad guy, who came back to threaten the family; ran away with him and then later claimed she did very heroic things, laying her life on the line for the family, NEVER MIND that she could have helped the POLICE put the fucker away cleanly and that would have helped everyone heal more, faster.

note: in BOTH cases mentioned here, if the woman's "reasoning" about the viciousness of that man were, WERE, sound, he could have come back and KILLED all family members ANYWAY,,, so it is obvious the "reasoning" was NEITHER SOUND NOR VALID!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Mixed Emotions on this one!

On one hand the wife's behavior is very realistic but Risq's and others' comments are right on point. In your story "If I Needed Someone" you have the cheating wife save the husband(he had lost one kidney earlier) by donating a kidney. The husband's accident occurred right after he caught her cheating with a co-worker. In this story, Karen jumps in front of Kurt when her lover threatens to shoot him again. So it was very similar situation.________________

What does not make sense to me is the scenario Kurt believed. Williams states that she loved their sex even though she had been drinking. Obviously this incident occurred around the company picnic in the spring. Williams came on too strong (Karen had just wanted a carefree fuck) so she told him to get lost. Williams then take a high powered rifle and shoots Kurt. While Karen was taking care of Kurt, Williams approaches Mary Shaw (since her and Karen were lunch buddies) to get her to pressure Karen. Tim Shaw finds out about this harrassment and he decks Williams. Williams runs Tim off the road. Tim and Mary leave town (it is not worth being around a psycho). Months later we have the final confrontation between Kurt and Williams._________________

Perhaps Karen learnt her lesson but her adultery with Williams led to Tim Shaw being hurt, the Shaws leaving town and Kurt being shot once and threaten again. They could have also lost their daughter in that first shooting. Karen's statements make no sense because when Kurt was shot Williams had to be a lead suspect in her mind (in a situation like this even an angry paperboy would be a suspect). It was also very unlikely that given the problems with the Shaws, Karen's version of how Williams accepted her rejection is questionable. Of course, Williams could be a pure nut job but he held down a position at Karen's workplace. Williams sounded like Glen Close in the movie "Fatal Attraction." ___________________________

Anyway, I would have liked more resolution by Kurt on why she cheated rather than this sweeping all is forgiven ending. If she was just a stalking victim I could buy Kurt's reconciliation. ______________________________

SleeplessinMD

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
Salamis, I did the same and I agree in part

I agree that the wife’s behavior is not contrived. She is far from being an ideal person. Very credible, she is worried (even to the potential death of her husband) about her own good name. Yet every person even a villain, could have his/her moment. Seeing an imminent danger to his life she was indeed willing to risk her own life. That’s what made her character complex interesting and credible.

Yet, IMO, you are missing the biggest chunk of her offense at her husband when you count it as only: “She commits adultery and she lies about knowing a man with whom she cheated.” So apparently did HDK, via the husband’s character. The worst of it was that she was willing to even allow him to die, and at the least to go through the agony of daily fear for his, her’s and their daughter’s life. For her it was not a matter of only dealing with her own internal demons, as I am sure many one time cheaters do. It was not a decision of how best to deal with a fait a compli, sin of the past. But dealing with the most basic of the wedding vows to protect and preserve the physical wellbeing of your spouse; not even to the detriment of hers.

I could not agree more with your comment about HDK’s supreme talent in the art of the single Mise en scène – the complete presentation of a single scene: the calculated manipulation of information; the play with POV; the careful choice of language. It’s all good for the grey matter and for the pleasures of the heart. Now, why else would I give him so much hard time when I see him veering off the road a bit?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...