All Comments on 'When I Get Home'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments
Irish_DomIrish_Domabout 17 years ago
Another one...

Another great story here HDK. What a way for a wife to prove that she does love her husband. As usual you did an excellent job with this unique story. Keep it up!

Blue88Blue88about 17 years ago
Well Done

I enjoyed this. The wife's transgression was not "over the top" and there room for reconciliation. Hubby handled it well; he showed compassion and maturity. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good

nicely written, good enough plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
This one leaves a lot to talk about. Even if a

person is crazy their is no excuse for them to commit crimes and to harm people. What needs to be done is to get such individuals out of the free system. Some of them are so crazy they are genius at planning and executing plans to get what they want or need. The wive not only cheated on her husband, she lied to him, deceived him, betrayed him, and disrespected him. She was so drunk she could not say no to a man to seduce and use her? What wife in her right man goes out and gets so drunk she can't say no? Oh yes the interaction of the medicine and alcohol. Ah yes she was to stupid to know not to mix them. Since when does a woman have sex with a man, remember it, and not claim she was an adulterer, let alone telling her husband what happened. If he chose to divorce her that is his standard, he is not the one who betrayed the marriage. No mention was made of testing for STDs and AIDS which would go over several months, did she bother, but she had sex with her husband exposing him without informing him and giving him a choice, informed consent. No living with guilt for having sex and then living with guilt because you caused the husband to be shot is not punishment enough. What is interesting she had the knowledge of who might kill her husband yet did nothing to inform the police or her husband. Wonderful wife he has there. Communication between the would be killer and the wife had to have been going on, she knew to much and he knew to much. OW it takes care of the bleeding susans who want reconciliation at all cost. Myself I would not want to be married to a woman that was that stupid much less so ignorant about medicines, diseases, sex, and murderers. Remember she let herself be put in the position to be used sexually, makes you wonder her intent doesnt it?

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Great

Good story and well written. I was wondering what they were going to say when Ralph told the police why he shot Kurt.

She saved him from the shotgun, he saved her from the infamy.

With the way she was acting one had to think something was going on with Ralph. Her actions were of someone guilty about something.

Another great story, guy.

SpykkeSpykkeabout 17 years ago
Not one of your best...

but an interesting plot nevertheless.

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Interesting plot

A good start but then you went with the old reliable guy overhearing a conversation between his wife and her lover and getting the whole underlying plot routine. The technique is used in almost everyone of these types of stories. If you could have avoided this you would have had a very interesting story. Also, while the Lit part was pretty good there was no erotica so I am not sure if this story belongs on a website called Literotica but if it is the only forum that can be found I guess you've got to do what you've got to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wow!

another great story!suspense until the end.thank you.

z00timez00timeabout 17 years ago
Husband is a wimp ass hole. Should have shot the w

Should have shot them both.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
No... big swing and a miss

let me see if I have this right... the wife is guilt ridden about her cheating one time. She does not know HOW to tell her husband. OK thats reasonable enough. Then he gets shot. THEN when the wife is asked by the police who this williams guy is... she says sorry dont know him...??? HDK is trying to BULLSHIT his way though a serious character flaw. How can the Husband/ author claim WIFE has "suffered enough" when she wont even tell her husband she knows WHY he was shot? THAT's GUILT RIDDEN????

======================================================

The WIFES' behavior of Fawning and Fussing over recovering Husband proves NOTHING. She is doing that to maker HERSELF feel better.... the husband has no idea why she is carrying on like this so therefore she cant be doing to FOR him.

=========================================================

******** BIG QUESTION---- if the Husband had not overheard the conversation between the WIFE and the nut case... would she EVER tell him on her own?

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
Believe it or not...

Harry has raised two very cogent points. Her husband is seriously wounded, conceivably could have been murdered, and the wife says nothing to the police? Is her secret worth more to her than her husband's life? Kudos, Harry. And he is also correct in his perception that her fawning over husband was to assuage her own guilt. In momentarily being so agreeable, I must also concur with Bazzz that the "overheard conversation" device has become trite. HDK, you are among only a handful of folks here who I believe truly deserve the designation "author." Perhaps, because of your established standard of excellence, I'm being unfair in my expectations. I anticipate your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
100%

The last paragraph is the best of whole story... thank you

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Another good one!

Leave to to HDK to know the limits of revenge! He doesn't need to push any further, she wouldn't feel any worse. Forgiveness is always possible but NEVER assured. Some will hold the shooting and it's consequences to be paramount, some will accept that nobody knew ahead of time that he was a complete psycho. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm satified with what HDK did because it's his story, and a damn good one!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Nicely told

Read the tale elsewhere and liked it. Thanks, HDK, for an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
shit

I keep reading the story waiting for sex to start but,never did.I wanted to read someone fucking her.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
The cheating was just the tip of the iceberg

There is an expression which I’ll translate: “Please god, keep an eye on my beloved; from my enemies I’ll guard myself on my own”. It’s in this spirit and not unlike the comments made by Anon (Titled the comment: This one leaves a lot to talk about) that I see the wife as the second, but not secondary, in the role of causing the mayhem in this plot. <P>

1. Why didn’t she come clean with her cheating? No concern for the physical safety of their sex? Is that a neutral? <P>

2. And what about turning the relations into on going lie, as she keeps holding in the lie, then the guilt which gradually bury the relations anyway? No black points for that one? <P>

3. Her culpability elevates from the domestic discord to what I believe would warrant a criminal negligence, maybe even being a de –facto partner or assisting in hiding a crime (even if with out coordinating it). When she is asked about potential enemies and knows about William interest in her (which she rejected, after the one time liaison) would not it come to mind?

4. If one is willing to grant her the title of the most gullible person in town, than how about the occasion when she is being asked specifically about the nature of her acquaintance with lover boy? Should not she then have said that this could be a connection the police should look into and open the whole story? <P>

5. As long as she chose to be silent, and I am talking about every minute she continues her silence, she in fact chose to continue to protect her ‘good name’ over putting at mortal risk –yet again, her beloved husband. I’ll have to confess it is hard for me to penetrate and imagine the mind set of such a woman. It simply sounds incredibly cruel and inhumane no matter how much she feared for the marriage. Every morning he could have gone out of the door and never come back and she sends him of, knowing that but would not contact the police, a third party, anyone, to protect her husband by disclosing what she knows? <P>

6. Is that love? Is that the extent of her willingness to sacrifice herself? Let’s look for a moment at that noble quality. She is ready to die for him protecting his body, but in truth she is willing for him to die and for her to stay alive as long as her shameful secret does not come out. <P>

7. The husband is sympathetic with the suffering she has already gone through, and counts it as her payment for her sin. How about the ongoing anxiety fear for daily death, fear for death that could befall your family that she inflicted on him? Most of his gun and safety preparations where all for nothing, at least from the moment she knew that the police is looking for her lover boy. So turning their house into a barricade all that does not count against her? <P>

I want to emphasize that even though in all the points above I do believe that she was an equal if not the main culpable character for what befell him I purposely built each argument so that it would fit the perspective of the husband when he was able to judge her from his perspective and with the information that we know by the story that he had. Too many times I read people judging stories for unlikable characters or simply for themes they don’t like. Not so here. Intrinsically to the husband’s character, I can’t see HDK how you could let him take this approach to his wife. Yes she is shook and traumatized. Yes she deserves a compassionate humane handling, until she recuperates. <P>

But she put his life at risk and put him in agony again and again and again on top of her cheating. A classic Loving Ending would have been similar to yours with a big difference, he never gives her any applause for her treatment of him and then after every thing settles he let her go nicely but decisively, explaining that the cheating was the smallest of her betrayal the tip of the iceberg indeed. In fact, I would have called the story the tip of the ice berg –but then again I know it’s not a Beatles song…

Risq_001Risq_001about 17 years ago
Liked the story, but I gotta go with Harry here...

<p>I tossed the story around in my head for a while today before I decided that I had to go with a 25%</p>

<p>Harry brought up all the points I thought about when I first read the story. </p>

<p>On one hand, you have a husband and a wife. She loves her husband. She demonstrated that loved by trying to sacrifice her life for her husband when she thought he might die when that guy broke in</p>

<p>I liked that in the story, you did a good job of making me see that and feel that the wife truely loved the husband</p>

<p>But on the the other hand, to me that wasn't enough. For a while I was going to go with a 75% because, even though I didn't feel right about the story, I thought it was written well. But that struck me as more wrong here. Adults don't do things like this. And if the wife really loved the husband, she wouldn't have started him down the road that almost got him killed. Twice.<p>

<p>The wife:</p>

<p>-Cheated on the husband. Sure she had been drinking when she did it, but lets be honest a second. Who, as an adult, has never heard you could possibly get drunk from too much alcohol? Anyone? I don't see that as a valid excuse when it's such a common fact. It's just an excuse not to face up to the things you do wrong once you do them. </p>

<p>-Decided to hide it from the husband. In the story the husband never seemed to comment that the wife acted any different before he was shot, and he went into so much detail about how she was different <i>after</i> he was shot, so her guilt didn't make her want to fix her cheating, just the cheating after he was shot. So I just have to go with she did a good job of hiding this and didn't feel <i><b>that</b</i> guilty about the cheating part of what happened.</p>

<p>-Once the husband was shot, she still never told him the reason why. And she figured it out. The husband commented that she cried whenever she saw the bullet hole, specially when they had sex. She fussed over him to extreme, but never once came out and told him she was the reason, or the fact she had sex with another man, that he was shot.</p>

<p>-Allowed her husband to live in complete fear for a long time, till they dealt with the guy who shot him. She knew why he was shot, but never told him. And till the end he stayed scared of it happening again.</p>

<p>-Due to her trying to keep two <i>major</i> secrets (one where she cheated on him and the second of knowing who and why he was shot) allowed the man to make a <i><b>second</b></i> attempt on the husbands life. She kept all these secrets so she wouldn't have to face the truth till the husband over heard their confessions</p>

<p>To me her single act of bravery doesn't counter balance out the fact she didn't do any of this till she was forced in a coner. That she was willing to let the husband live in fear and possible be killed during a second attempt on his life so she could keep her secret. Where was that bravery <i>before</i> the husband was shot? Where was it immediately <i>after</i> he was shot when the police questioned her, but <i>before</i> the second attempt on her husbands life?</p>

<p>But I have to mention one other thing, beside thowing in one of my pet peeves, forgiveness without the person ever truely asking for or earning it, you also threw in one where the husband gets his revenge by beating up (or in some cases killing) the man who slept with his wife. I can never understand where the husband <b>has</b> to forgive his wife for sleeping around because that makes him more charitable, but he can slap around and/or kill he other man and that man got what he deserved? Why not forgiveness all around??</P>

<P> I did think it was a well written story, just too many problems with the wife for me to call it a good story. Sorry.</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Have to agree with Harry, Kolkore and Risq

There are some serious holes in this. Though I wouldn't discount the possibility of reconciliation. It would require some counselling (and maybe professional therapy) but it isn't so big a hurdle that it couldn't be overcome.<br><br>

Only problem is the current ending reaches forgiveness too quickly given the issues raised by Harry et al.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 17 years ago
My addendum, HDK...

HDK: The love the wife had for her husband was never an issue. In deciding whether or not to apprise her husband and the police of what she knew, she feared two possible outcomes: divorcee or widow. She chose widow. Any subsequent actions on her part cannot ameliorate her decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Story-Better Comments!

Thanks for a great provocative story. I can't add to Risq's summary. I was confused though. She cheated. Therefore did not love the husband. Protected her boyfriend from the police. Met with him at her house. Why in the world would the husband have any positive feelings for her at all? And why would she still be allowed under HIS roof? Why would he even speak with her? She's a cheater-once and forever. Period. Why doesn't matter a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
to add to Harry's blunt observations

it's not that the cheating wife's feeling guilty, yet not able or willing to confess,,, what I think most idiotic is when the husband starting LYING FOR HER!,,, it's not enough that she fucked ("I was drunk and he took advantage of me, 'tis all, honey. I would never do it in a sober state, you know me well enough, dear beloved husband!") and lied about it (she, by the way, was also willing to run away with the rapist/potential killer:

""""Ralph, I'll go with you if we leave right now, okay? There's no reason to wait for Kurt. We can be long gone before he even misses me," reasoned Karen.""" My god!, look what this loving, wise, trustworthy, wife and mother's WILLING to do FOR her husband, whom her fucking lover wants a bullet through the brains!!! My god!!!, what a SELFLESS, sacrificing woman/mother!!!

,,,,,,,,, what I think most idiotic is the husband, after having heard she's willing to run away with that man, immediately started LYING to the police,

"Mr. Detective, you must know, my wife here knows nothing about that man! She's here with my family, trying to protect us from this psychopath here, who's been seducing women left and right,,, you should give my loving wife here a medal for bravery,,, she's willing to put her life on the line for me, you know! My god, honey, I love you so much, for your willingness to run away with that psychopath, IF by your belief/reasoning doing that would save me from being killed by him,,, My God, you are just so incredible, honey, and I love you so much. You have been suspected and interrogated enough, by my suspicious mind, and now by the police,,, but it must stop right now,,, I can't stand you being so tortured by all of us any longer!!!"

what absolute gibberish nonsense!,,, main issue of cheating magically disappeared, replaced by side issues as to why the cheating woman's being tortured/interrrogated and suspected so unfairly??? LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bullshit

Alcohol gets blamed for a lot of human failings. Adultery is a cheaters choice. To much to drink is not an acceptable excuse. She is a cheating slut. He is a gutless wimp. Happy trails until the next time she gets drunk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Plausible recall

Risq, Kolkore and others have pointed out the character flaws. What I take issue with is that his suspicions were raised by her memory of the company picnic.

"Now how the hell could Karen remember that picnic so well? She even remembered who was there and who we spoke to, and who we didn't."

Unless that company has frequent picnics, it should not be surprising for her to remember many of the details from a picnic the year before. It is an activity sufficiently unusual, not least by seeing co-workers in a recreational environment, that it is plausible that it would stick in the mind for at least a year. I could easily recall many of the events of departmental picnics a year later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Lets Take Up A Collection For HDK

Money to be used for a new computer with more memory so he doesn't have to squash his endings so abruptly. And he's getting older. Plus an editor would have raised several flags.

Oh hell, who in Penn. could think of everything by himself in all this snow. Then, I blame "The Bullet" who was appointed Penn. Editor Emeritus! Lets see - nope can't think of anything else.

Except - this Author amuses and entertains to such a degree that he needs to know all you picky bastids only make all these comments because you like him. Right!?!?!

Smile Author - you are appreciated for your portfolio which is without much compare.

With Very High Regard

zed0zed0about 17 years ago
Ho Hum, Another Fucking Wimp Survives!

Next time she'll get him killed for sure, and there will be a next time. Why? Because nobody respects a wimp (and an idiot) especially a cheating slut wife. HDK once again emasculates his main character in his usual indomitable style. Another well written "whorror" story, with a very unsettling ending.

RicticRicticabout 17 years ago
Great Story

Another winner by HDK.

SalamisSalamisabout 17 years ago
I liked all of it

I did something with this story that I rarely do; I read the story, then read the comments, then re-read the story. I enjoyed the story even more in the second reading.

When the wife in the story deliberately sacrificed herself to save her husband, it TRUMPED ALL other mistakes and insults inflicted on her husband to that point. The idea of “no greater love” is just that, a standard that cannot be exceeded by any mere expectation.

The wife is not perfect in this story. She commits adultery and she lies about knowing a man with whom she cheated. Nevertheless, she also fawns over her husband after his shooting and expresses remorse through all of her actions with her husband subsequently. Forgiveness by her husband seemed natural and just in this story, not foreign or contrived.

One final observation: the opening scene is one of the best I have read. Many thanks for another good tale.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Salamis, I did the same and I agree in part

I agree that the wife’s behavior is not contrived. She is far from being an ideal person. Very credible, she is worried (even to the potential death of her husband) about her own good name. Yet every person even a villain, could have his/her moment. Seeing an imminent danger to his life she was indeed willing to risk her own life. That’s what made her character complex interesting and credible.

Yet, IMO, you are missing the biggest chunk of her offense at her husband when you count it as only: “She commits adultery and she lies about knowing a man with whom she cheated.” So apparently did HDK, via the husband’s character. The worst of it was that she was willing to even allow him to die, and at the least to go through the agony of daily fear for his, her’s and their daughter’s life. For her it was not a matter of only dealing with her own internal demons, as I am sure many one time cheaters do. It was not a decision of how best to deal with a fait a compli, sin of the past. But dealing with the most basic of the wedding vows to protect and preserve the physical wellbeing of your spouse; not even to the detriment of hers.

I could not agree more with your comment about HDK’s supreme talent in the art of the single Mise en scène – the complete presentation of a single scene: the calculated manipulation of information; the play with POV; the careful choice of language. It’s all good for the grey matter and for the pleasures of the heart. Now, why else would I give him so much hard time when I see him veering off the road a bit?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Mixed Emotions on this one!

On one hand the wife's behavior is very realistic but Risq's and others' comments are right on point. In your story "If I Needed Someone" you have the cheating wife save the husband(he had lost one kidney earlier) by donating a kidney. The husband's accident occurred right after he caught her cheating with a co-worker. In this story, Karen jumps in front of Kurt when her lover threatens to shoot him again. So it was very similar situation.________________

What does not make sense to me is the scenario Kurt believed. Williams states that she loved their sex even though she had been drinking. Obviously this incident occurred around the company picnic in the spring. Williams came on too strong (Karen had just wanted a carefree fuck) so she told him to get lost. Williams then take a high powered rifle and shoots Kurt. While Karen was taking care of Kurt, Williams approaches Mary Shaw (since her and Karen were lunch buddies) to get her to pressure Karen. Tim Shaw finds out about this harrassment and he decks Williams. Williams runs Tim off the road. Tim and Mary leave town (it is not worth being around a psycho). Months later we have the final confrontation between Kurt and Williams._________________

Perhaps Karen learnt her lesson but her adultery with Williams led to Tim Shaw being hurt, the Shaws leaving town and Kurt being shot once and threaten again. They could have also lost their daughter in that first shooting. Karen's statements make no sense because when Kurt was shot Williams had to be a lead suspect in her mind (in a situation like this even an angry paperboy would be a suspect). It was also very unlikely that given the problems with the Shaws, Karen's version of how Williams accepted her rejection is questionable. Of course, Williams could be a pure nut job but he held down a position at Karen's workplace. Williams sounded like Glen Close in the movie "Fatal Attraction." ___________________________

Anyway, I would have liked more resolution by Kurt on why she cheated rather than this sweeping all is forgiven ending. If she was just a stalking victim I could buy Kurt's reconciliation. ______________________________

SleeplessinMD

KublaiKhanIIIKublaiKhanIIIabout 17 years ago
recent, real story

this story by HDK reminds of a recent, in the news story about a wife who ran (supposedly she was kidnapped) away with a writer-wanna-be (who shot a man he said was gonna shoot his daughter or something).

anyway, the 50-something man "kidnapped" the warden's wife, as she visited the prison and they went away and lived together for 10 years, in the same trailer, as man and wife. the old guy, by now, had had some heart attacks, for which the warden's "wife" (who's now been the escapee's "wife" for some ten years [escaped around 1997 and founded 2007]), who's now in ther 40's, had to call emergency/911 once or twice.

the smart woman's version? she did not want to jeopardize her family and husband! meaning, if she had called the police, let the police know what happened or where she was, ANY TIME during those 10 years, that writer-wanna-be (this man HAD NO MAFIA connection! but the WOMAN'S HUSBAND is in the upper echelon of the law enforcement community!!!), if she had done that, she reasoned, that evil man would have hurt or killed her husband and children.

the point is, THE HUSBAND, like HDK's husband here in this story, THOUGHT that reasoning of his wife was the sound one, and so after living 10 years with an old man, with no teeth, in a trailer, the warden said he welcomed his wife back and that what she did was very brave!

it tells you not only women can convince themselves they rae actually dummmber than they really are ---- men, too, had to convince themsleves they are actually dumber than their women.

if HDK had gone on with this story, had the shooter allowed to take the bitch, she'd go on to live with him for years and then later, say what an honorable and brave thing she did, to save her husband and children from the psychopath, who the brave woman willingly laid down with, metaphorically and literally, to make sure no harm came to her loved ones!

what kind of "reasoning" is that?, I have absolutely no idea! but a few author and lots of people here think that such bizarre and backstabbing activities very admirable!: fucking the bad guy, who came back to threaten the family; ran away with him and then later claimed she did very heroic things, laying her life on the line for the family, NEVER MIND that she could have helped the POLICE put the fucker away cleanly and that would have helped everyone heal more, faster.

note: in BOTH cases mentioned here, if the woman's "reasoning" about the viciousness of that man were, WERE, sound, he could have come back and KILLED all family members ANYWAY,,, so it is obvious the "reasoning" was NEITHER SOUND NOR VALID!

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Really well done story

I have to say the husbands emotions of getting shot and his reactions are a clinic in post-stress of a blind assault.

You have already heard about the wife not coming forward and not trying to protect her family when she finally suspects the person who shot her husband. That is a damning action.

The rest is a great read and deserves the highest of regard for the great effort and entertainment.

Thank you

PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I like the story...and

You know I read stories here in Literotica for the story. I get so upset with those commenting on how the husband is a wimp if he takes a cheating wife back, like these guys would know, maybe they are the wimps themselves who have done just that. Can't people read a story for the story itself anymore? Do the guys always have to be the superhero who can throw a wife out for making mistakes? Hell if given half a chance these same selfrightous individuals would be the first ones on the band wagon of infidelity if a bare pussy was in their faces. It's called double standards people. For crying out loud the writer here wrote a fantastic story which captured ones attention from the start and held it until the end. That's what writing is all about, capturing the reader into the story. Who cares if the guy is a wimp, hero, or just average. It's the writers abitlity as a writer that counts here. And I for one am very impressed with this persons writing ability. The critiques who have to tear every story writen here apart need to move on and get a life in my opinion. One which doesn't involve their own infidelity or selfrightousness. If they have to tear a story apart they need to concentrate on the sentence structure or paragraphs, not the content of who did what to who. These stories are after all fiction and as such can range in any manner of far fetched indulgement the writer wants to add, so long as they capture the reader into the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Where is the FUCKING?

I don't care if you got shot! Tell me more about your wife getting FUCKED!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good Job. I laughed at the previous poster's empa

...empathy for your character and writing!!! What a crackup. Well, as for your story, that was about a one in a billion or something possibility, but was written clearly and with emotion. I don't agree with not finishing the guy off before calling the police. I don't get why they needed to "get their stories straight" why didn't they tell the cops the truth? The wife wasn't guilty of something that would've gotten her in trouble was she? The part where she didn't come forward when she knew who had stalked them and shot her husband had an odd light about it. But hey, This is your story and you spent a lot more time and effort on it than I did on my comments! I did enjoy reading it and it had a good ending I think... still don't care much for how the wife handled the problem. Her guilty countenance including before he got out of the hospital seems to indicate she was guessing who had shot her husband before she owns up to it. irchristo@aol.com

ProfWriterProfWriterabout 17 years ago
Who gives a shit if you agree!!

I don't! The half-assed comments written by the great unwashed provide no service, critical or otherwise, to the authors who submit their stores.

The Literotica rating system is no longer of any value due to the vicious and unwarranted attacks on the authors.

If you don't like a story, don't read it!

Authors - Forget the ratings. Please delete the insulting comments.

Thanks for your efforts.

PW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good Story!!

Sure the sex was non-existent, but it's nice to see that one mistake doesn't spell the end of a marriage. I mean, she proved her love by almost taking a shotgun blast at close range(which would have torn her into two pieces in case anyone cares). Not something you would do unless you truly loved that person. Great story. Next time, more sex though. And for all those haters who claim he was a wimp for taking her back??You try to find someone to take a bullet for you and let the rest of us know how it works out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
uncertain

wife goes out and puts it all on the line, and the guy's problems spill over to the husband. the guy uses a weapon and husband is put at risk. a cynic could say that her action was not love, rather an effort to make up (or try) for the messed up situation she caused.

i could easily understand husband stepping away from wife, permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
"Always forgive the slut and take her back.

Why didnt she just admit it all and tell the police and her husband. Better than that when she was "tricked" into sex why didnt she tell her husband then instead of keeping quiet about it because she really did enjoy it. And to have put her husband and herself at medical risk from bareback sex with a sexual predator! Personally as soon as the criminal was jailed the wife would have been out the door. She has already proved she cant be trusted, is a liar, is a cheater, and cares very little for her husband as related to the medical risk if nothing else. Why stay married?

CastleStoneCastleStoneabout 15 years ago
As always a great story.

Title says it all.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
A silence that almost killed twice - forgiven?

This time around I could not like the story as much as I have the first time I have read it. The wife's difficult situation is a given, but compared with her husband's terrible ongoing nightmare, her silence is repulsive. <P>

In fact, compared with the crazy attempt of her lover, her selfish silence is much worse -ethically speaking, than the act of the lover; she was supposed to be his best friend and ally ... <P>

At least from the time the official inquiry zeroed in on Williams - there could be no imagined redeeming explanation or excuse to her silence. She is directly responsible to the ending scene by not preemptively sharing all that she knew. It was only luck that the final violent confrontation ended the way it did. <P>

The reason I could not like the story however was not because the wife was at the end of the day a self serving skunk. Rather, it's the bizarre reasoning of the husband in accepting her silence, combined with his strange efforts to save her "good name". His dubious impromptu story, one which even a scout master would have never bought (how about the timing of the shooting and no motive to kill the wife) made it even harder to digest.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
I don't get it

I just don't get this story at all. How does a loving wife end up fucking a crazy guy? A few drinks and cold medication is all it takes??? Time to visit the pharmacy. The Bodyguard moment was cute.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Not one of the better HDK stories

Nothing really happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So forgiving

She got fucked. Drugged or not one choses ones actions including getting drunk. She got him shot. She didnt connect the dots nor explain to the police. The guy came to get her since it was the best sex of her life. And He keeps her? Yeah diving in front of him was an act to make up for her actions but not one worthy of forgetting her actions. You can forgive someone for stealing from you but you also want them to pay the price for their crime. She committed a "crime" that got him shot and almost killed and caused the killer to eventually come after her and to make sure he was dead. Time for her to pay for her "crime".

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
confused

"Ralph, I'll go with you if we leave right now, okay? There's no reason to wait for Kurt. We can be long gone before he even misses me," reasoned Karen.

This statement was never resolved. Did she only have her husband's welfare in mind?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Wimp

You sure you aren't a brit?

JeffTomJeffTomalmost 14 years ago
Kurt and Karen should be together after all

Good story, But I think Kurt should have demanded Karen stop drinking all together(never again). Kurt should also put her on a short leash. After that many years together and that she would had given her life for him, I think if it were me and my wife I would forgave her. But I would not let it happen again if I could (hence short leash).

Thank You for the story

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
I liked this one,

I also liked the Manson Creampie remark by anon comment, LOL. Your story was great J. keepum coming. R.T.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
This getting ridiculous -

I am loving your stories and can't stop working through them -

But you do not seem to be much these days and I will run out - what then?

Think about us what are we going to do at work all day ?? WORK???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
stupid

husband is shot by guy wife fucked and he's ok with her. bull shit on that.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Very different

A very unique story for this genre, in my opinion. I mean, we know somehow that his wife has cheated, after all this is "Loving Wives", but how the investigation into the attempted murder brings it out is an approach I haven't seen before. This was a "redemption" story and I liked the way that came about with his wife offering her life up.

Now I know there are many that wish that shotgun was loaded, certainly at least Billy, if he's commented on this one. :-)

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I think he's a fool

The husband is a fucking idiot, she got you shot, she fucked another man, was letting him get away with by not telling the cops the truth and you tell her she been punished enough. Your a cuckold in waiting.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
Definitely Not Your Finest Hour err I Mean Story and yet...

Did you ever hear a story that bordered on inane but listened almost as raptly because the story teller told the story with style and nuancd. Reading this has been akin to watching DeNiro on any of the movies he's done in the last decade or so. One of my favorite actors caught in inferior vehicle and yet it's hard to turn way for fear of missing a '' you looking at ME moment". Even after it's all over and 2nd rate story is over . You remember better times and let that hold you over because DeNiro " knows a little something about something" -A Boy's Life-. So does HDK ! Thats why I'll always have time to take any and all stories he authors out for test run.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I think this author loves to have cream pie.

Beyond all reasonable doubt, this author is a sorry excuse of a human being for posting such demeaning tales.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
I agree with anon

this is a creampie special, he gets shot, almost dies and she has suffered enough. She got fuck and life goes on. I see a bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
listen to huecuck

being an admitted cuckold he knows of creampies specials - frickin closet cucks are hard to take serious tho, who do they think they are fooling with the rage and denials? damn closet dwellers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

... and I get it. Its simple she was willing to die for him and that is love.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
wow I love it when anoncuckerster makes a comment

Sometimes I forget that anoncuck is still mad that his wife and I were lovers at one time, I had to cut her loose when I found out she was calling out my name as he fucked her. I felt sorry for you, I hope that my last support check helped out with my kids. But don't take it to personally, she will always give you the sloppy seconds you crave so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
It's okay little cuckdoggy

The vets here know your sad story (frankly, your pathetic attempts at a comeback demean and embarrass you) so just let anon talk about wanna be cuck or whatever; you lived the cuck experience and he probably hasn't so you got him beat where it counts; experience.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
I beg to differ anoncuck

there nothing sorrier that a cuckold that lashes out at their wife's lovers. we can't help it she's such a big whore. We only use her from time to time. And as far as demeaning, haven't you aquired a taste for creampies. Now that's what I call demeaning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
necrophilidogg!

Can't get a live woman, even blow up dolls turn you down, huecuck says "That corpse looks kinda sexy!" Sadly, it was a dead dude, that was a butthole you were screwing buddy. You sick fuck! Is "gay-dead-ass-fucker-dogg" too long a nickname?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Give huecuck a break

He bashes authors like HDK because he is jealous, that's all. How many red H stories does huecuck have? Zero. HDK has 40-50 red H stories and if fuckwits like huecuck and his posse of cuckolds would shut the fuck up maybe guys like HDK would submit again.

BourbondogBourbondogalmost 12 years ago
She lied

Lied to the police, to her husband and put his life at risk to cover her cheating. No excuse is acceptable! She may have been drunk but she remembered what They did in bed and when it came time to come clean ,she put her needs above her husband safety untill the gun was drawn. Too late dude. Should curb her ass ,out the door man ,until she earns her way back or just dump her cheating drunk ass now! Ps he earns a free pass forever from her.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
anoncuck I do think dead women look sexy

Shit, you wife and mom both look like dead crack whores and I fuck them. Your mom weight 87 pound and that after she swallowed my load. I wont even talk about how your wife looks, lets just say TIM BURTON made a movie about her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Is bonbondog a poodle?

or justa pathic cuck like huecuck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
poor huecuck, overcompensation much?

he is the only virgin cuckold in the history of the world, would be funny if it wasn't so sad :(

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Decent

She cheated one time and her husband almost died. One comment made was correct. He has a free pass forever.

DON'T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

YOU COULD DIE

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Iscariot

well cored cornhole, he smoked a turgid cock, betrayed!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Just re-read this one -

I still like how it was written - if you need a true to life provable story - look elsewhere - this is a fiction site. Some may be based in truth but never ASSume it.

Either way - if giving your life for your partner is not enough to pat for a single lapse - mistake - deliberate - whatever - what the fuck is?? How does any human being make up for an error - none of you have lived this long without making plenty - were none of them ever forgiven? None of them were ever regretted? All of them you continue to repeat ??

Oh wait I have read the comments so I know some of you are incapable of rational thought or learning - so I will move on -

Thanks HDK.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Reconciliation

I'm pretty sure I could forgive a one-off drunk fuck if Sweetie later tried to take a shotgun blast for me!

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 11 years ago
Misfired

I don't comment on many stories, and I'm a huge fan of HDK, and his ability to write such powerful stories with credible characters in such short pieces. I'm jealous and study his work, to see just how he does it.

Re-reading this story, I can't get past the cheating wife KNOWING who tried to kill her husband and leaving him and her DAUGHTER at risk. One word to the police and all is resolved. She is worthless, and without any redeeming qualities at all.

Zero chance for redemption. Period.

illjoyilljoyalmost 11 years ago
Cold medicine

Don't they come with the label don't consume alcohol?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I'm sure the "Old Karen" is back! Question is, who would want her?

A) This isn't ONE mistake, it is her M.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. She goes out to a intimate, one-on-one alcohol filled/fueled lunch w/ a "wierdo."

2. She f*cks a wierdo (ugh!) (and blames it on cold medicine? Yeah, right.)

3. She doesn't confess the affair to her husband.

4. She jilts wierdo, then when he goes after Mary, realizes he is a "wierd guy" but STILL doesn't tell husband so he can watch out for the wierdo.

5.. When husband is shot, she doesn't go to the police knowing it could be wierdo.

6. When the police come to the hospital does fails to mention wierdo.

7. When Karen does go back to work, she must have found out all about Mary and Time Shaw (and Tim's being forced off the road), but STILL doesn't tell husband or the police!

8.. When police come to her house, she lies to them AND HER HUSBAND.

9. When police leave, she fails to inform husband again of the truth even though she realizes it might have been the wierdo, setting up husband to attacked again.

10. When wierdo comes to her house, she apparently invites him!

Maybe for a little more sex with the man who shot her husband?

B) SInce she never confessed wierdo, how do we (and Kurt) know this is just the one and only mistake? Given ALL the deception over wierdo, she obviously won't admit ANYTHING until the truth comes out some other way.

C) She admits at least part (and who knows, maybe most) of her motivation for jumping in front of the gun was to SAVE HERSELF.

Yes, she may love Kurt, but not enough to keep her legs closed when the opportunity arises, even if it is only the opportunity to boink a scumbag! Kurt must feel REAL special!

Could Kurt TRUST her any less about either the past or the future??

D) He's been shot & nearly killed AND cheated on AND lied to, but she's been "punished enough"??????

On what freakin planet HDK??

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Worst excuse ever!

"I had too much to drink and it must have not mixed with the cold medicine I was taking."

Thanks for the offering.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Divorce her

What a self-centered bitch! She cheated on her husband and rationalized it to herself with a lame excuse about cold medicine. Why was she having secret rendezvous with a coworker in the first place? Even when her husband was shot and almost died, when her daughter could easily have been shot, even when she knew her friends husband was run off the road by her lover, she remained silent in an attempt to hide her lies and probable ongoing cheating. She was quite willing to sacrifice her husbands and daughter's lives to protect her secret, even when she knew her lover was deranged and murderous, and was almost certain to try again. She didn't care who got hurt or killed, so long as she could feel good about herself. Divorce her; after telling the cops all about her scheming and obstruction of a police investigation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lame

A cuck-wimp waste of time. Thanks for nothing, fruitcake.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and original

Definitely worth a 5. Plus the main character did the right thing; anyone suggesting divorce under those circumstances is as sick as Williams.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thinking about it I am certain...

...that a reader who hides behinbd an &quot;Anonymous&quot; is much more of a wimp than anyone in a story. What is it, Anon...no guts to state your opinion?

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
What BS

The drink+cold medicine while a fucking weak ass excuse I could see hubby getting over but the bitch holding out after he was shot and then the workmates hubby being run off the road = divorce and a charge of withholding information to the police at the very least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Fuck that, tell the cops everything, the fucking cunt helped to get him shot.

1/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Divorce the woman for god's sake.

Get real! Cold medication and booze. How lame can you be writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Slut

Every cheating slut has a lame excuse -cold medicine -really give me a break

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Okay...

The fact that his stupid wife hung out with a psycho loser and had drinks with him says a lot about her low level of intelligence and poor judgement. Who needs to be tied to a thoughtless idiot like this? No one does! The kicker is the cheating, that is the straw that tips the scales. Getting her husband shot, is just icing on the divorce cake.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
A well-told, well-written tale, but

if I had been the husband, I would have wanted to hear her explain where and when she was with this guy that they were alone, drinking, and fucking.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
good story

the last paragraph tells it all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
shit

In your world are all men such pussies that they take their wives back after cheating. I was drunk is not a reason.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 10 years ago
Easy read

Author is a very good writer. I liked his story right up until the end. Why wouldn't the wife tell the truth about what had happened. I also think that she knew the shotgun had been unloaded. Might have even done it herself.

Oh well, was his story to write. easy read, all told.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
It's Not My Fault.

Standard first response from a cheater. Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Naive but in love

No sex but still one very good story

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I think not

She was drunk? Mixed with medication? That combined to make her so out of it that she fucked some crazy guy? Yet she remembered all of it? Right down to the fact that she remembered who her husband met, and didn't meet that day! She could recall, months later who her husband met at that party? Yet she was high on medication and also drunk enough to cheat? She must have been watching him pretty closely that day, in order to remember him not meeting her new coworker. Why? Was she trying to keep them apart? Why would she not introduce her new coworker to her husband, unless she had a reason not to?

If it was merely a reaction to medication and drink, (Which doesn't work as an excuse when you crash your car into somone, so why would it when you cheat?), and she knew the guy was dangerous, why did she put her family at risk from such a dangerous man? To keep her secret? If it was merely a mistake,(There are no 'mistakes' when it comes to cheating!), then why not at least warn her husband and daughter that a crazy man might be coming their way! It seems that keeping her secret was more important to her, than the safety of her family!

And before someone says that she didn't know he was dangerous and crazy, OF COURSE she knew! So she may not have been there when he tried to kill another coworker, but if one of your coworkers tries to kill another one, YOU WILL FIND OUT! Everyone in the building will be talking about it for months, for Christ's sake! It wouldn't just slip by you unnoticed! She knew, and put her family at risk, just to hide the fact that she was a cheating slut!

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also

PhilipinNorcal (I think I got the name right) made the most telling and relevant comment. He said; " She feared two possibe outcomes, divorce or widow. She chose widow."

Exactly. She chose to put him in a life threatening position, to keep her secret. Anything else she did, pales in comparison to that.

So she jumped in front of a gun for him. Except that it was not loaded! A crazed man intent on killing a guy he sees as an obstacle wouldn't unload it! Hubby had it there to protect himself and his family from an obvious threat, so he wouldn't unload it! That leaves one person. The person that dived in front of it, to 'save' her husband. Except she was the only one there that didn't want a loaded gun in the house, so she knew it would not fire! Making her great 'sacrifice' a contrived act, to win favour from a cheated husband!

So what remains? A wife that INTENTIONALLY put her husband's life in danger by not revealing the name of the guy most likely to have shot him, and then, when he survived the first attempt, and wanted to protect himself, SHE is the one that renders that protection mute! She is the only one that would have removed the bullets, so was she actually TRYING to become a widow?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Laughing my ass of at krosis666

Get a grip dude. . .it is only a story. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack or have a full blown stroke. LOL

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
a double disappointment

She knew it was her affair that "triggered" the attempt on her husbands life, yet she said nothing, did nothing, and sat silently by during the police investigation. Meanwhile she was the only one in her family not at risk while a psycho was lurking in the shadows.

"the cold medicine made me do it" excuse is almost as inane as "it didn't mean anything, it was only sex."

Their daughter is out of the home, attending uni, She is known around her work place as the woman who was friends with the weird predator. Her husband heard all about her affair and her offer to leave with her (former?) lover, learning why he was shot. And yet, he kisses and makes up, taking her back.

How long do you think this marriage on life support will survive?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why are some readers so excited about the unimportant things?

The cheating whilst drunk and on cold medicines was a McGuffin, a plot device to get the story going.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@krosis666

Why are you making up facts that contradict what was in the story?

He plainly said that he took the shells out when he became concerned about children in the house. And since he knew EXACTLY where the shells were, it's obvious he was telling the truth that HE unloaded the shotgun.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 9 years ago

You ruined this story by him not getting anything out of his wife's affair....he got shot because she is a slut and than nothing? I could not score this above a 1

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Not Quite Letting Her Off The Hook

Even conceding that she didn't know about Mary and Tim, it never occurred to her that the guy she slept with and then rejected might have gone after her husband?

And even IF she didn't make the connection right away, she obviously DID when the Detective mentioned Williams, and still said nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

she almost got him killed once, and almost got him killed again to cover for the fact that she was a whore!

BURN THE BITCH!

fiddler2068fiddler2068about 9 years ago
Love isn't enough

So she loves him so what? She betrayed him and will likely do so again when she feels comfortable. She promised him before God that she would forsake all others. That didn't make any difference the first time. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
they both need to be tested...

this guy had his penis in more than one could count

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
well written at least

Well written. I can sort of understand why a husband would keep a wife that made a single mistake while under the influence, but the wife should not have been drinking to excess specially when taking any medication. The husband should learn from this though and never trust his wife to drink when he is not present. Maybe that sounds harsh but she has proven she is just not responsible enough to be trusted to drink on her own without getting into trouble. The husband has already paid a high price for her cheating, no need to have it happen again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7139 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...