All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 01'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 294 Comments (Page 3)
The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 6 years ago
What a gyp!

After spending several days reading all the chapters here, I found I must buy the book to see how it ends! I say again, WHAT A GYP!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The “Arabs killing Jews” remark was unnecessary Zionism. The truth is the opposite.

Please keep your racist comments out of your stories.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 6 years ago
Hard to read

Man you made my stomach queasy I was so full of angst. Really good story, but I'm depressed now. I've been divorced before I you brought all those feelings back like an episode of PTSD. Really good writing, I'm trying to write an interesting Loving Wives story but after reading this, I don't think it'll see the light of day. Look forward to reading your other chapters, I hope I don't want to kill myself at the end though :D

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Anon

So he's a racist for saying Arabs are killing Jews, but you aren't when you say it's the opposite? Sounds like unbiased judgment for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What a SAD little ditty!

Poor Billy – a good husband, father and provider but married to an educated pretending bitch WHO can’t wait to step out on him. She pretends to be innocent but she’s already planning her tryst with her friend and soon to be lover when she said those four little words “when we were married” that set their life spiraling on a very bad collision course. Yes it seems that Billy overacted a tad but what did she expect from someone WHO spends his days on the dark side of life. He was always surrounded by the bad, the ugly and the NOT so good. He was trained to listen organically when she SAID those words and when he confronted her she tried to bribe him with a mercy fuck! Her guilt makes her leave, and go out on what can only be described as a date – returns and kisses her FRIEND and then lies about it to her father after staying out an entire weekend. It was then that I already had the feeling that this marriage was over and this self assured bitch did not care for Billy. In point of fact I think she would have stepped out on Billy even if he was a hunk and built like a Greek God. His body was just an excuse for her mind was made UP a long time ago like she admits at the end.

You have to feel it for my man Billy. He’s a great Prosecutor and a Tiger in court. He’s typical of the type on man that prefers brain over brawn at his own peril for it’s THE excuse that his wife needs – WHO was already planning to look the other way.

Yes just like Don Quixote he charges her lover for her emails indicated that she was giving it UP that very evening to Doug (Lance). Bill went to her University meeting, where no spouses was supposedly not allowed, and manage to enter because he could Identify himself as Bill Maitland husband to Professor Debbie Maitland. I was rooting for the man as he attacked Doug. It was the first time during this fight that we were told that Doug was 6’3’ and had some boxing skills as the bitch was quick to tell Bill. You must admit that he was very brave to attack Doug and I felt elated when he got one good punch and later a kick in. Debbie showed her true colors when she were more concerned about Doug, not even caring that her beautiful dress she got soaked in blood, the one she was dressed in for her Fuckfest. What a BITCH! I am totally biased for a brother of mine went through exactly the same thing. An educated bitch took him for everything! There is an African proverb that says: “A woman’s heart is filled with an ocean of secrets!” It seems that ALL the Debbies on Literotica are Bitches that should be burned!

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Problems in this piece

1. 90% of guilt for failed marriage here lies with the husband. Being fat slob is disgusting and no sexy attractive woman should put up with that in the long term. And there is no excuse. I am in my fifties and I still have my 6-pack abdomen. You cannot say "I work too hard, I don't have a time for gym." The fact you are a fat slob is not because of work but because you pleasure yourself in overeating garbage food. Even if you have not time for gym (I doubt that - one should exercise in his home in that case) there is no reason to be a fat slob.

10% of failure lies with woman because of emotional affair.

So in my view, there is nothing to be righteous about here. The main hero is eating bacon and pancakes (just to feel good) and drinking beer. Well, that just shows that you are trading little daily pleasure for a lifetime of being hurt as an unattractive fat slob.

As for hair, shave your head and build muscles. Muscled bold men are attractive to women. Bold fat slobs are not.

2. I feel that DS1 is a great writer but he fails in one respect. His suspense built-ups are crossing the line. The line between "tickle and mild irritation" and "irritating long boredom." More often than not these slow built-ups are nothing but "irritating long boredoms." Too slow. Perhaps this is intrinsic defect in him as a writer that he has no sense of timing, or perhaps it is something he can improve, I do not know.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I think you captured something very well here.

There is a dishonesty that some people show when they are fighting and can't admit to their part in it. She is fundamentally dishonest in her dealings with her husband, even if she is not cheating and the fact is she is. In some ways, they lie to themselves in the process. He will be happier without her. Very well told story.

texxmantexxmanover 5 years ago
Communication

This is the second series I'm reading from this author and it really pulls at my emotions, so kudos to the author who is doing a good job.

Applying to real life it is a sad tale for both Bill and Debbie. Bill has put his work before most other aspects of his life and let himself go, but more than that has made his wife feel unappreciated and ignored. Debbie has started an emotional affair to fill the missing pieces in her marriage. If they had talked seriously earlier this could have been avoided. Even at the beginning of this tale if Bill had confronted her with the emails and fought for her it may have worked out. But obviously it didn't go that direction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT IS THIS CUCK SHIT. UTTER FUCKING TRASH

TRASH

sas6446sas6446over 5 years ago
UGH!!!!

You spend 7 pages telling us what a fucked up ass-wipes everyone in this story is!

...And your "protagonist" is a wimp and really wimps out when he doesn't want anybody to lose their job or hurt their future. REALLY???? Then when she literally accuses him of 'having it all in his mind", he should have screamed, loud enough for everyone to hear, "I know all about your little emotional affair and the way you feel about me. Make this anymore difficult and I'll make sure everyone in the world sees those e-mails, bitch!"

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Doug needed to lose his job

And so did debbie. Hes a lawyer who is tenacious and vicious...bring that into his personal life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Well Developed

It's sad. He should never have married her, when he knew she was a slut. How terribly disloyal, deceitful and sluttish her emails showed her to be! And she insisted she had not cheated! Short of opening her legs for Douglas and sucking his cock, she did everything else. Since Bill physically disgusted her, she could have told him. He would have hurt less and maybe(surely?), done something about it. But is marriage only about physical beauty? Unfortunately, seems like Debbie could only think with her cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
CAUTION! UNFINISHED

...on this site.

See comment above, 8-5-18, by The Navigator.

Also comments on last chapter (06D), starting 8-10-18 to the present, to find more complaints that it is unfinished on Literotica, and information on how to purchase off site the books that follow it up.

Paul in Oklahoma

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeover 4 years ago
Damnit

I really want to hate this piece. You have done a fantastic job of pulling me in. I can't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Magnificent....

Wonderfull work, the way you portrayed the emotions evocated in such a break up.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Sad but common

This happens alot more then people realize, chatted the story but finished it. Well done.

MormonJackMormonJackover 4 years ago
Loved it, hated it, 5 stars

Anytime I a story causes, within me, an emotional reaction, I KNOW that the story is a good story - even when I dislike it. For my part, I hated that the guy loses - in this case, his kids.

Another thing: restraining orders. I've read a fair number of stories that all say essentially the following: don't come home or contact me because I'm getting a restraining order. Maybe in other states, but in Washington a restraining order is granted ex-parte (without both parties present) only as an emergency. The fact that two people are getting a divorce doesn't give rise to the constitutional requirements to impose a restraining order. In this case, merely because the guy had a fight - even over his wife - doesn't give rise to the courts imposing violations of his constitutional rights. The wife was never threatened: she just disliked him. That's not constitutional grounds for imposing a protection order. And the kids... the kids were never threatened so there is no basis for restricting his access to them.

Ah well... 5 stars. Thanks for writing and sharing.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
Restraining Order

The prior commentator was generally correct about restraining orders, but the facts here would support such an order for some duration, and then there could be court hearing if any party wanted to continue that restraint.

I frankly see the wife's point in this. The wife was being abandoned and found someone who chased and appreciated her. This happens when we take our spouses for granted to the point of indifference. The abandoned wife's lack of discretion does not make her look good, but then she was obviously in love and her judgment could have been clouded.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Has time to watch all the TV but no time for exercise and wife eats as bad as it gets

No sorrow for either

She should have just told him get your fat ass at least in better shape and quit taking your job as wife

Seen a bunch of idiots as that job is whole life

Worst case retired after 40 plus years dead six months later

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This wife raped this guy Emtionally

When this wife said those 4 words...this guy's life experience new something was wrong...but in his rut...he didn't handle it as good as he could...he gets smart and starts snooping around and finds all of the emails...what this wife said to her co-worker was all wrong...she should have said it to her husband...why didn't she...her husband should have know this from her...that might have gotten him out of the rut he was in...but this tells me she wants to end this marriage but just can't do it yet... He prints out the emails...takes his wedding off and get's out of the house...but leaves a note behind...Now he leaves a note...and he get major greif for this...why...she didn't throw him out...she didn't leave him...he left her to be able to move on...if he told her he read the emails...she would know this...Here he opened the door for her and she hurts even more...by looking him stright in the face and stabbing him in the hart...from where I sit he gets conned into coming back...again he see's her email to D...and clearly states she's going to lie to Bill...Bitch...she has become a low class bitch here...he sees her dressed to look great for another man... and again she lies right to his face...and she can't be held accountable her actions, why...but she has to make sure he is...bitch...the only problem I have here at this point...when he confronts her...He nevers states he read all of her emails and knows she delibertately lied to him and deceived for another man...Now you tell me she didn't manipulate him into the state of mind he was in...totally humiliated by her...and then was still a nice guy in the end...but now she can divorce him...She makes sure she states he's delusional an in a poor mental state...He did leave her...now she got even with him and since she's now divorcing him...everything is now fine...why did Mr Nice guy let her get away with that...is their more chapters here...where makes her fight for the divorce...and make him go to a gym in those chapters and fix himself up...come here...he's a very smart guy...make him get his act together..........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hard to like on so many levels.

Really like your writing style,

just some opinions here though: None of the characters are likable, both husband and wife are despicable, and cheated on their marriage, he by neglect, she by stepping past acceptable behavior and btw any married woman or man flirts with anyone but their partner is doing so. She for seeking a relationship outside without trying to fix the problems she thought were in the marriage.

Now those kids, lost cause, bad or lack of parenting. FILaw dickhead, cuck no doubt.

No lastly guys like Doug should be taken out the back and have their dick and balls removed with a rusty sardine can lid ! phew glad I got that off my hairless chest.

But as always DQS nice yarn hope you are ok and still kicking beer cans down memory lane, anytime you like drop us some more

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Maitland

Got to love Bill Maitland!!! He seems like a typical, middle aged, hard working MAN. Maybe his whore wife will be happier with a young stud...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

My next door neighbor caught his wife in Bed .. Sadly the guy was 6' 3" tall and about 240 . The Cheater was beating him Bad until Me and My Best Friend Gary saw it .. Gary was Teaching Me Karate at His Dojo . We Stopped and Gary tried to stop them and got hit for it . Gary then put the Guy in a Submission hold and waited for the Cops .

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
GOOD 5 STAR STORY

IT WAS GOOD BUT A LITERARY NIGHTMARE IF YOU WANNA LOAD IT INTO A TEXT READER THEN YOU HAVE TO EDIT ALL THE dot dot dot dots OUT OF IT.. OFF TO CHAPTER 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
lol

great cuck fic as usual, bro

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Good Cautionary Tale

I don't know why people, especially men, are surprised when their wife loses interest in them when they let themselves go physically and stop paying attention to the person they married. You have to "date" you wife all the time, not just before the ceremony.

Good story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Read it again

Hell, his kids are as miserable little fucks as his wife. Fuckemall. Hit the gym, get himself a hot young Filipina wife and build a new family. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Afree comments

I realize people get angry at men for wanting younger beautiful women. They have many names for such men. But you write as if it is perfectly ok for women to cheat for younger hard bodied men. Behaving as she did at the ceremony was brutal, but not as bad as rushing to the side of her prone "friend".

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Frustrated with what the wife was doing, identifying with the husband working his ass off for the family. Why does a woman not say anything for years and then confides in another man about problems with her husband? Why not confide in her husband he's an intelligent guy just not to observant what's happening with his wife. You writing is excellent and the story points out the most important thing in a marriage is trust and communication.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

An addendum to my last comments: Whatever happened to the promise? You know, "In sickness and in health, love and cherish until death do us part???? I ain't perfect but I believe in the promise.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

A whole lot of words and pages to describe a twat of a wife.

bobareenobobareenoabout 3 years ago

This story is both great and terrible. Why in the world wouldn't he confront her before the emails. On my second reading of the story, I already know how bright he is supposed to be, but he acts like a moron, pushing her away. She hadn't fucked the guy, ostensibly, why not confront her, and demand she stop seeing him? He had options, but pushed her into the other guys bed. But, it is nevertheless a well told tale. I kind of hate the part where he becomes a super lothario himself, it jumps the shark fairly thoroughly, but his experience is still heart breaking until that point. All in all, 5 stars, the author is a good writer, even if I quibble with the character, it just goes to show how real the author made them for me.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! What more can I say? I started reading with some skepticism that it may be a dud and I would quickly give up (as I do with many Literotica stories), but it proved to be a gem, and I read it all in one sitting (rare for me). It has everything that I like. The plot is believable. The characters are well rounded. It is not overloaded with sex, yet there is some hot sex where it supports the plot. The plot has twists and turns to keep the reader on edge. Both the husband and wife are flawed characters (as we all are) and deserve each other. For me, the moral of this story is don't neglect your family in pursuit of careerism - it just isn't worth it. If the husband had taken more care of his wife and family then maybe they would still be married. 5 stars but deserves 10, and added to my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A literotica masterpiece story ! 10 stars from me.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

So sad but great writing. I think a lot of men experience what happened to bill and its not because he wasn't young and slim anymore it was because his wife didn't really love him. Yeah he could have been a better husband and she could have been a better wife but she never really loved him. She loved an image, that's not true love. I truly believe no man should get married before he's 35 and a woman at least 30. Your young and the hormones are working and you don't have the best judgment. Our writer is showing how swallow his wife was, Has kids using the husbands money and the shelter he provides but now she wants to be young again and be chased again. I know I've been there to. Great story, there is no excuse for cheating, that includes emotional cheating. Plenty of rationalizing out there though! Keep up the great work and my compliment to the editors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Choices.....it's ALWAYS about choices. Him I fault most because he let himself get fat and uninteresting. He knew there was a problem and didn't even TRY to fix it, or get counseling, or have a real heart-to heart with her, or purposefully integrate himself in his family's life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

?? Why bother. Another idiot committing bigamy married to job and in second place another wife but children with this one . If course they get ignored for his primary love. What an asshole!!!

ChimeraLoveMeeChimeraLoveMeeover 2 years ago

My ex was a divorce lawyer and the number of times this exact thing happened in marriages is ridiculous. As soon as they get married, on of the partners lets themselves go and stops paying attention to the marriage and it starts dying slowly. Marriage is a machine that takes continuous attention and maintenance to keep running smoothly.

Rainman80Rainman80over 2 years ago

Piss poor writer. Do you ever finish anything? None of you stories have an ending!

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

This man is a total pig and a loser from every possible perspective.

He takes his family for granted hes letting himself turn to a pile of a ship when he really didn't have to.

He gave nothing to his wife and his children and now is upset that she's left him.

I feel bad for Cheryl and the children I don't feel bad for him.

By the 3rd chapter I developed an intense dislike for him and it gets whatever he deserves.

It seemed to be X wife made the right call and divorcing him.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

I want to make one more comment.

He had read those emails and had already violated her confidence.

He's He should have manned up and gone over those emails with her and sucked up her anchor which would have been justified.

He really isn't much of a man maybe I'll have a prosecutor but hes not much of a man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wow, what a fool guy deserves to be alone, she was not cheating. She might have been crushing, but time would tell, maybe. He has access to probably hundred of PI and detectives and used non of them? tipped his hand long before it was time to play it? Guy is an ass but well written interesting idea dunno how if he remains the focus of the story its possible to hold interest but part 2 here i come. guy left his wife for work how can a woman get past that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best loving wives stories I’ve read in a long time. The problem with far too many of these stories is the 2 dimensional characters that are either so cartoonishly evil or saintly that it’s impossible to ever feel fully invested in them. That is most certainly not the case here.

From a cursory glance I can see a lot of heated debate in the comments about who was right, and I think ultimately that’s the point of a good story. If it’s too clear cut then the whole thing feels like a foregone conclusion. Both husband and wife were flawed and definitely made mistakes but it ultimately took two to tango, and in a way that actually felt believable. 5* !

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Interesting. Lots of comments and debate about who’s right or wrong. Who is strong or weak. To me point is it takes a damn good writer to stir up this much interest. And here we have a damn good writer doing some damn good writing. Easy five

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

I am sometimes slow to realize my surroundings. My comments below are accurate and reflect my feelings. But. This writer did not finish this story and has not posted in over ten years. I would be very surprised to see it finished up. You have been warned

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Hay this story is great even the second time and it feeds my BTB quest about a marriage I got out over 40 years ago, there's nothing too good for an ex-wife!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Second time through and while it is very well written. So much of it felt like a real time view of a dissolving marriage, my only issue was the wife and her constant denial of anything going on no matter what anyone saw, said, did etc etc etc.

Yes she was living in denial to make what she make herself feel better about being a cheater or close to a cheater, but the problem there is her still sticking with it once she said divorce was happening. Hell when the Dean said what he saw that should have ended any more of that.

That made it clear her constant denial was going to be aimed at annoying people. We know people live in denial (look at eh bi/homo cucks who pretend to love pussy) but in RL its one thing, to have that degree in a story makes one want to stop.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

Many thanks, DQS. This is one of the best, most realistic, breakup stories I've ever read on Literotica. So, thanks again for allowing us the privlege of reading. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My Brother in Law is a Prosecutor and the only way he saved his marriage was to hire his wife as his Secretary . They get to see their daughter as she is an assistant in his office . H. e also started going to a gym and eating better .. You have No Idea the hours He puts in to be good at his job .. The people saying he is working too many hours . Have No idea what his job does . He puts bad people away in Prison .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Ugh!!!

You lost me when he didn't want to reveal to her that he had read her e-mails. Then from page 5 on his character is wishy-washy. Supposedly a strong DA with a sharp mind, he acts like an asshole. If he intended to take on a younger, bigger, stronger and more apt opponent, he should have brought a pair of brass knuckles. And then letting them off the hook.....REALLY???!!! ...And at the same time, he should have gotten his ass dusted for being such an ass-wipe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She was cheating by having an emotional affair at the least. Her pretending she wasn't is nonsense. Bill is a prosecutor who would have not misread the situation as badly as he did. Yea, he was clueless but she was downright evil the way she handled herself.

immagetitimmagetitalmost 2 years ago

An interesting story overall as evidenced by the polarising view in the comments. Not the best plot in this site yet it manages itself well. Believable to a degree without a need to suspend disbelief. In the end, its worth the read, which is what I’m looking for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

holy crap , this bitch is just plain evil .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don't get caught up. The story never finished.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

It's amazing how mean a woman/wife can be while sounding like a loving wife and she's doing it all for you.

My second reading and still a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My 5' 7" tall and 160 pound cousin had her boyfriend kick My cousin's ass . My nephew who is a black belt in Karate beat him like a drum . He saved Me and a lot of My friends a job . Most of Us are ex servicemen and women who are use to the 125 degree heat . Man I hated the sandbox but I will always Love my fellow soldiers ..

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Twelve years later this story isn't finished though the author did post further chapters elsewhere other than this site. It's a good tale and well told by a talented writer but what I just wrote is worth keeping in mind before becoming invested in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The bitch was having an emotional affair. I can't understand why he never said anything about that to her or anything about the emails. Her rage was absurd as she was the one shitting on him. He may have been out to lunch where his marriage was concerned bet he wasn't intentionally undermining her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you're married to your work which bill clearly is, and you don't take care of yourself while the wife is practically always in shape I honestly don't blame her for pulling this shit off. I don't know how people even get invested in this story in the first place, maybe the wife is practically to blame for not communicating her needs but bill is definitely in the wrong

HooHaa77HooHaa77over 1 year ago

While I agree Bill let himself go in regards to his marriage, it was absolutely no justification for Debbie to have an emotional and then a physical affair with anyone else and refuse to even address her problems with her husband for months on end. The marriage's end is on her because if she addressed these issues with Bill, he would've worked on them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If I wanted to read hollow, hopeless, drivel, I can just get a newspaper.

PrefshavenPrefshavenover 1 year ago

This is really sad. I was really feeling it and it felt like i was going through it. Maybe just a reminder of my past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sure, the MC neglected his marriage, but that still doesn't give the wife an excuse to start her emotional affair. Both are to blame, and unfortunately this happens to a lot of marriages. Kids and careers take precedence, and the marriage slowly dies.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Very realistic, well-written story of a mortally wounded marriage. So far, so good.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Boy, what a start. Some roller coaster you've set off.

JohnnyRebBBJohnnyRebBBover 1 year ago

The main character is a total arsehole and instead of trying to help his marriage just seems to give up and blame his wife for not getting fat and lazy like him.

I honestly can’t see many redeeming features in him

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't get it. "There's obviously going to be a Chapter Two and Possibly Three."

This is more than enough, the tale is complete here if you had stopped. Nothing obvious about any more being necessary at all.

It is well-written and engaging with people acting in the slightly irrational ways people do, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well told tale, who is to blame, the wife for being seduced, to the point of adultery, or the husband for taking his marriage for granted, if you walk around any street or mall you will see any number of slim -ish, well presented, women between 35 and 60, still filling out a pair of tight jeans, or showing a shapely leg, and cleavage, and walking beside them is an overweight slob, wearing the jeans he bought 5 years ago with his belly hanging over the waistband, because they are comfortable, she makes the effort, he doesn't see the need. You can see why so many women cheat, she can walk into a bar and take her pick of partner, so why would she want a fat slob huffing and puffing on top of her in the same missionary position for years. That said if you want to have sex, not make love, with other people, do the right thing and divorce the slob first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars. Debbie, though supposed innocent is a slut. She and "Lance a little" should both be punished severely. Bill is a lawyer and maybe worked too much, but the slut reaped many benefits. Hope Bill has another loving family and the whore painfully perishes...

dirtyharry6971dirtyharry6971over 1 year ago

Great job, really a great read. Oh just a technical note Me and Bobby McGee it’s a Kris Kristofferson song that he wrote and put on an album before Janis Joplin picked it up, I’m glad she did. I saw Big Brother and the Holding Company at the Fillmore West in the 60s when she was just a singer in the band, but oh what a singer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's really hard to get very interested in a guy who is never home. He has what he wants: he gets to play God. He's so out of it he has to ask his secretary if he's a hunk. He left his marriage a long time before his wife said anything about it. He doesn't give s shit, so why should anyone (including readers) care anything about him?

rustynail95rustynail95about 1 year ago

Amazing story. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoying it so far.

She must be quite a girl to get the whole 12" of dildo in her!

Why did she gaze up at Doug at the ceremony? She is 5'9", plus heels!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why has no one at the "office" comment on the presumably rather beaten face of Bill?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No offense, dude, but that woman practically tried everything she could've thought about to save that marriage except outright telling him he's a self-righteous, self-victimized, narcissistic prick. Maybe her hints were subtle, but he wasn't blind nor stupid and he forgot there is always someone else who WILL listen instead of wasting his days in front of TV.

Oh, yeah, that sex scene was practically a rape. I'm not big on the whole 'rape inside the marriage' thing, but even I cringed damn hard and was horrified with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Your story had a good start. Middle age marriage in collapse,

husband neglects family, wife is worn out, kids off as teens

do. He reads her eMail and finds that she’s had it and really

doesn’t love him.

Why on earth didn’t you let MC be a man, do the loving thing

and let her go. Instead you took that wild-ass turn into left field

where he doesn’t accept his failures but goes full bore victim,

full of jealousy and then very overblown rage.

Maybe you were drinking at the end, or whatever.

If this was autobiographical, I sure hope you didn’t

fall apart like your MC did.

Anyway, thanks for the first part.

shr

________777____________777____about 1 year ago

Not exactly erotica is it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Losing its way with quite a few holes in the story

PS

Whys it in loving wives or for that matter on this site?

nixroxnixrox11 months ago

1 star - this is boring.

Why did the MC not confront the SLUT with all the email messages? She does not have any hope in hell of being able to convince anyone she was not having an affair - emotional or physical.

She deserves whatever happens to her and I'll never know, because I won't be reading any more of this crap.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a pathetic balding joke of a man. Wasted his life in a pointless job and ignored his children and wife to the extent that no one likes him. What a loser. His wife should have cucked him long ago.

Trader_X38Trader_X389 months ago

Just read the whole series! Posting a quick review for anyone considering reading the whole thing.

This is the best story I've read on Lit, in my over 15 years or so on here. The first chapter is the weakest, and is still better than most stories here. The plot and characters get more and more complex as the story evolves. Gets into psychology and "why" characters did what they did, especially in the last chapters.

This story is LONG. Took me maybe 4 weeks to read it all, during my commutes and at night in bed. Some commenters complain about too many words. But I disagree. This is basically a novel, that was written in serial-form. The author has real talent and had a vision for this story, and carefully crafted a long journey. Six months of elapsed time for the two main characters, and self-discovery.

The explicit sex is fairly light here, but is there here and there. But it's often between characters no one likes very much. But there are some emotional moments, and people making bad decisions. I had to put the story down a few times and steel myself to read more. I've got to say that drama crescendos were usually resolved well.

Some other commenters talk about spelling and grammar issues, story continuity issues, and a few fact mistakes especially for the courtroom scenes. They aren't wrong. But to me... these are pretty minor things, for a ambitious story someone posted for free.

This story was largely near-realistic, which is the kind of story I enjoy the most. But there were some "Loving Wives" things that don't resonate with me as much. The main character has an inferiority complex for several reasons, including that he is "short, has a small dick, is chubby/flabby, and is balding." But he is 5'9", average height for a US male. He has an average-sized dick. He is in his 40s, so, yes, men's hair thins. And he is a very powerful prosecutor in a job that requires 90-hours a week: his job is his mission, and gym time less important. I know some guys fetishize being a beta, but it just got a bir tiresome. And his obsession with giant breasts on 10+ women eventually got regular eye rolls from me. But it's author's story, he and his protagonist can like whatever they like. :)

And I found the cock obessission of most of the female characters a but much, and had to suspend disbelief on those scenes. <laughing>

But my criticisms are minor, I'm just sharing them for the laugh.

I will re-read this whole series again at some point. I can't give higher praise than that.

Also, i saw in later chapter comments that the author published this as a novel on Amazon, apparently an edited version, and then I think at least two more books taking the story further. I havent searched them out, but might be a better read in that format for a few bucks. I suspect I'll go look for them for my next long read.

Schlouis57Schlouis579 months ago

Je me suis ennuyé en relisant cette merde.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Intrigue, excitement, enticement, and blind self ambition... good read! On to ch 2. Thanks!

gladventurergladventurer6 months ago

It’s in the title, “When we were married “. She’d already divorced him in her mind when the story starts. She was having an emotional affair with another man before she actually told him how bad she was feeling about the state of their marriage. And when he asked about those words she lied some more. Couldn’t even tell him then how she was feeling. Lying and cheating always flow out of a selfish heart versus a loving heart. And It doesn’t matter who’s right and who’s wrong in this situation. When you start thinking that way, it’s already over. You’ve already given up. You’re looking for someone to blame for your break up instead looking for a way to make it work. You’d rather be right than be happy. You’d rather play the victim and blame your spouse than reflect on your own part in the state of your life. These people are everywhere you look. That’s why the divorce rate is so high. They keep looking for the perfect spouse to make their life happy and complete. Sorry to tell you, he or she isn’t out there. Look at each other as someone you’d like to experience life with, as someone you will love through their rough spots and they will you too. That’s how your love grows instead of dies. You must be vulnerable with them and give them a chance to see the pain you are in and try to make it better. But in this day and age we’d rather move on ( and we think away from our problems) instead of grow through them. It seems obvious to some of us that the only constant in all our problems is us. We can move on from a troublesome situation or spouse, but we take our problems with us because we can’t move away from our own faults and failings and faulty beliefs and assumptions about ourself, our spouse and our life. The only question I really want answered is why didn’t you talk to Bill about your unhappiness and give him a chance to change his behavior before you started talking to his replacement about it? If you’re going to blame him for your lack of happiness at least give him a chance to respond and explain himself. Bill is probably guilty of many things but he has a right to face his accuser before she passes judgement on him and their marriage. Isn’t it ironic in a justice system, we are innocent until proven guilty (used to be anyway) but in this marriage he’s guilty before his first argument is heard even though she claims to love him or had loved him. He gets a better shake from strangers on a jury than from a loving wife. He’s already months into his sentence before she even charged him with neglect. You’ll see as you move through this story that Debbie played a big part in their problems too. Turns out she didn’t love him unconditionally at all. He’s too fat, too short, to bald, not big enough where it counts and she didn’t even love him enough to tell him the conditions she’d placed on her love. Sounds to me like she’d already ended the marriage and forgot to tell Bill, but her subconscious couldn’t take it anymore and out comes the proverbial Freudian slip.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Who cares if people don’t like long stories this is the start to something great <suddenlee>

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The genius of this story is in the characterizations. They are so real they just pop off the page. That said, I hate Deb. What an absolute selfish bitch of a woman. At least be honest, in honor of the years you've already invested in the marriage. An absolute classic.

MatureFunCpl1966MatureFunCpl19662 months ago

I have always loved reading long stories, novels etc, mainly sci-fi/fantasy.....l never thought that l would or could be hooked into bingeing a romantic/cheating type story......but damn have you changed my mind 🙂 kudos to you and how you have fleshed out and built your characters, it almost seems like you have lived the pain and anguish of the same relationship, if you have l'm sorry that it happened, but you really are a great writer, and l thankyou. I'm up to 5C and can't wait for more.....l only started yesterday lol 😆 brilliant 👍

Waldteufel61Waldteufel612 months ago

I read this entire story a couple years ago long before I signed up for Literotica. One of the best told and most memorable stories ever, even if some of the hyper sexuality, and later criminal activity, is way over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very good story. No complaints on that front. Very few errors; again no complaints. Now to dissect the characters. Bill does need to shape up if he wants to live past 45. He should probably take some self defense courses as well. There isn't much I have against Bill other than how many times is he going to realize that his marriage is over before he can confirm it. Every which way you turn, there's some unfavorable event happening that involves him and his wife, he realizes it's the end, but then comes back for more, still realizing it's the end, but can't quite confirm it with himself. Is he a sadist? Debbie on the other hand is your typical "literotica female," who doesn't know how to communicate, does some shady shit, turns everything around to paint the husband as a piece of shit, all because she can't take responsibility for her part in anything. The one good thing Bill didn't do was slap her for trying to paint him as crazy. Can't wait to read the rest.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 2 months ago

A real gut wrencher! Well told and I will be looking for chapter 2 and more of your offerings.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow, some really uncomfortable things in this opening chapter to what I now see (checking the Author's page) is a saga.

Debbie let her marriage slip away without fighting for it, and Bill lacked the self-awareness to comprehend what he was doing to his family.

... and they did unpleasant things ... at? ... not quite TO? each other.

... and, of course, there is a somewhat compelling argument that Bill raped Debbie.

A tawdry, but not shallow, look at the human condition, of two imperfect people, mostly married to each other.

The author has not posted in a while, 8 1/2 years, and with a little research, it has become obvious that this story does not actually have an end.

Good read, on to Chapter 2...

nixroxnixrox19 days ago

1 star - maybe you missed the memo but stories with lots of legal crap are about as exciting as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Maybe you like one-star ratings and because I am retired I have nothing better to do.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Terrible when you imagine what an ass your protagonist is and that he should still be a prosecutor? He's probably the stupidest in his field! Anyone who deals with the end of their marriage like this doesn't deserve it any differently!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous