All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 04A'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
EmmSeaEmmSeaalmost 14 years ago
I have a horrible feeling . . .

No surely they won't . . . he wouldn't . . . would he . . . she wouldn't . . . would she . . . oh well, only another ten - or hopefully only seven - days 'til we get our next clue!

Thanks, DQS, I think!

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 14 years ago
The story moved forward

Finally...

Don't get me wrong, I love the story. It's just that I write stories that are are bone dry and to come across a story so full of flesh - I'm jealous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter

Wow- I am trapped in your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great story!!!

That being said, I wish you would get back to the meat of the story. If you read my stuff, I write the same way. (not as well) just as long winded and meandering.

Please move on to more important things. All the little side plots while like real life, don't really add to the Debbie and Bill story.

I will shut up and quit complaining.

Good job, I will keep reading. 5Stars...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Finally...

Debbie being fired. I want to see the next conversation with Debbie and Bill. I wonder what Bill will say to her?

m48gunnerm48gunneralmost 14 years ago
Better,

I really felt you had screwed up getting Bill involved in an affair, but.....you pulled it off well and both retained their integrity in the end. Debbie really confuses me....she is really lost, wrong focus, wrong goals, and really closing in on becoming a slut, but I can hope that somehow you bring about some significant changes for the better in her life.

Many chapter ago I had hoped that you could bring Debbie and Bill back together, but she has treated him so poorly, has bad mouthed him to his children, and generally treated him with contempt while making herself out to be the poor martyred wife that I no longer think that even you can pull that rabbit out of the hat and make it believable....love can not wipe away all the pain and hurt they have done to each other.

She is certainly living the consequences of her choices and actions, but so is Bill. She cheated emotionally long before she cheated physically, but for what ever reason so did Bill.

Thanks for the story, the bitterness has made it a hard story to read, but the plot is so interesting that I continue to read it in spite of the discomfort it causes.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
????

OK, I want a show of hands here. How many of you constantly checked the site yesterday afternoon? You know Literotica posts in the A.M. Yet you thought they possibly might make an exception for WWWM and possibly even post it last night? <P>

Size14 raise your goddamn hand. How pathetic can you get? <P>

I gotta get a life

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
One of the best stories I've read

Jerry in Washington State, USA - I'm not sure if I have commented on the previous chapters, but I am enjoying your story immensely. You make me care about your characters and you allow your characters to show their strenghs and weaknesses. While awaiting this most recent chapter, I reread all the previous chapters and had just finished when I noticed your posting today. You write interesting conflicts and realistic dialog. I will continue to look forward to the next chapter. I hope you are able to continue the story without too long of breaks between chapters. I've lost count of various writers on Literotica who have gotten me interested in their continuing stories and then never complete the story. I do wonder about what news BJ has for Bill - whether it is news we already know (about Debbie being all alone right now) or it is news your readers don't know about yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Better than Great

The depth of characters is amazing. Even Debbie's character has depth, even for the sill bitch she is. Truely an amazing story. Yes, every time I went on line yesterday, I checked to see if a new chapter had posted. Looking forward to the rest of the story--my apologies to Paul Harvey.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Damn you are good

My first comment to a writer - amazing story, build up of characters and storyline mesmerizing.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
Associate Professor

DQS:

Thank you for clarifying that little item. I'm surprised so few, if any, picked up on that. Bill said she was an Associate Professor in the 5th paragraph of the first chapter. UNF President also said she had protections Doug didn't have, although he didn't mention that it was Associate Professor.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
No let down here

This chapter just kept the train rolling down the track. Some of the things that happened were kind of expected, but the dialog and how they were presented made it seem real and insightful. Lots of good advice being handed out by various characters, so now we watch to see if any of it is taken to heart.

Orionman17Orionman17almost 14 years ago
So what can I say . . . thank you again, DQS1. You know of course . . .

that I'm already looking forward to your next chapter of Bill and Debbie. I want to like Debbie, but she needs to show more character. Is this the last I will read of Aline? Bill's and Aline's relationship is the stuff of fantasies that happen in real life. I am in awe of the depth of all your characters.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
Moving along

The story is moving along nicely. The pace is steady and the interspersing of Debbie and Bill's lives makes for an easier read for me. Some questions get answered which open up more questions. Great story!

Phil

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayalmost 14 years ago
What goes around.......

What goes around, comes around! Debbie finally had a man, an attractive man not crumble under her sexual voo doo. Has she lost her power over men except the sleezeballs? Her world seems to be crashing in all around her and the words of Clarice might come to fruition but don't we have to hit bottom before we can rise again?

I don't feel I would be disappointed if once again, Bill saves her. In my gut, I believe they belong to each other and together. That being said, they will both be different people in the future, whatever the future may bring.

There is still much for DQS to tell us and many relationships to be mended.

DQS, if you read these comments then please don't rush this story to completion. So many authors tire of their story and just rush it to finish the task. Please don't do this. Some things might need to be left unfinished for future stories. I would enjoy a story from the daughter's perspective and how it may frame her relationships with men in the future.

As for your "mea culpas" at the beginning, surely you have heard of poetic license? Little errors might drive you buggy(I guess you are a perfectionist at heart) but they certainly do not detract from the story. Too many people sit and parse the work of others but it is like being the lead dog - you will always have others nipping at your heels, but they are only puppies. Keep up the good work and I forgive you for never answering your emails.

john1946john1946almost 14 years ago
Well done

The story rolls along so nicely. It was great to see Bill get a look at life after and not believe he is a total loser. The development of all the characters is excellent and I look forward to watching the further ins-and-outs.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
This is the best

This chapter is the best yet in a series of 10 postings giving us glances into the lives of Debbie and Bill Maitland. Some changes in Bill and Debbie were predictable, like Debbie's losing her faculty position at UNF and Bill enjoying his cruise. Others such as Bill's love affair with Aline (which may or may not continue) and Debbie's finally breaking up with Doug, were not as predictable. I would have thought that Aline and Bill would become a couple after the cruise. Maybe they will continue to be a couple: but then maybe only when the Bonne Chance docks in Jacksonville or Bill goes on another cruise on the French liner. Aline is a married women who loves her husband, son, and family situation. She won't make her family seconf to Bill.

Debbie found someone new to talk with for advice. He's a visiting professor in English on leave at UNF (from where), and he seems to understand Deb's situation. He's already given her solid advice about learning to live alone when it is necessary and trying to be independent of men at critical times. We pretty much expected Bill to come back from the cruise a "better man." What he acquired from the cruise will probably affect his personal life including his relationships to his children and possibly (probably?) even Debbie. Debbie is beginning to show signs of wanting changes in her life; but it's going to be rough going it alone for Deb in her mid-life transitional period. Where Debbie is going from here is anybody's guess. Debbie needs help much as that mentioned by the visiting professor in English. But in the long run, Deb really requires professional help: her problems are behavioral and most likely affect her hormones only to the extent that her behavioral can (strongly) control her female hormones.

ChagrinedChagrinedalmost 14 years ago
The lone voice of dissent

Sorry, I can't say I am enjoying all this. This has become a soap opera. And my dear sainted pappy used to always tell me, "When your life begins to sound like a soap, it's time to get out." So, I guess I'm getting out.

All of what has been said is true: DQS1 is a damn good writer. The characters began to be really interesting. But, this story is best in novel form and I never really liked serials. We are already what? eight chapters in and I don't really see as much movement as I would like. I know structurally what the author is trying to convey but it has become rather tedious and boring. Too many characters, too many names to keep straight in my head, and too much angst and drama for my taste.

What I have always liked about short story writing is that it forces the writer to move the pace along and keep extraneous stuff out of the mix. Everything has to move the story along and I see a lot there that really doesn't. As a novel, this would be fine as is but I prefer suspense and espionage novels...not this. :-)

Keep up the work and sorry I probably won't be hanging on for the duration but good luck to you and I am sure from the comments that you will make a lot of folks happy.

Very Best Regards

C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Could Debbie be any more pathetic or is she Just mentally ill?

This is the same Debbie a few chapters ago that made Open sexual and totally inapproproate passes and banter with Bill's attorney at the divorce hearing right?

and she thinks MEN are the problem?!

Lets review...

Debbie has just been fired from her job ... for a lot of reasons... but Primarily for affair. Making matters worse it turns out that the Dean of the college long ago went through what SAME heart shattering the gut wrenching experience that She has put Bill through.

ONLY because of Debbie's actions ... No one else's

*Both of Kids have moved out.

*Doug is gone.

*Bill is loooong gone.

*She has been fired.

and Now Repulsive sniveling men for SOME reason ...LOL...think she is big titted slut and Debbie cannot seem to figure out why they think that....????!?!?!?

wow... Oh my god

Debbie then calls up a guy... some author she Just met... and BEGS him to come to fuck her.

Debbie's solution??? go around and blame MEN in general for reacting to HER in a certain way?...

yeah she is the Victim here right size14shoe?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbialmost 14 years ago
This chapter will be intersting . . .

on so many levels. Both Bill and Debbie are being well fleshed out as characters, actually more so Debbie. Bill has very obviously learned the valuable lesson that he can fall in love with another woman and still remain faithful to his morality. Debbie seems to be learning a bit more about herself as well. To my point of view she was always a much more sympathetic character than most other readers seem to see her.

I can hardly wait to see where the new found humanity for both of your main characters will lead your story. There are a lot of paths and hooks, nooks and crannys along those paths that are foreshadowed. Thus Spake Zarathustra is playing in background as I am writing this comment and it seems fitting. Your story of Bill, Debbie and When (They) Were Married seems to be an odyssey of life.

Thank you for sharing this story with all of us, it is a treasure.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
why I HATE parts of this chapter: FORCED reconciliation at all costs.

What DOUG and BILL did are NOT in anyway the same thing.

On so many levels I hate parts of this story and I love it. That being said of course I will continue reading it because it's very well constructed and the characters are very interesting .

Bill... a powerful brillant ADA in northern FL really thinks that adult life is just "High school played out over and over and over again"" ?

does anyone REALLY buy that shit? That is very BIZARRE idea for a ADA with his life experiences mto have

But worse... is the comparison / argument made by BULL with the Father... tat BILL and Doug did are the same thing.

They are in NO way the same thing at all.

Aline has a european marriage with her hsuband Phillip where both partners FULLY knowing and accepting extra martial affairs.

THAT is not what Bill and Debbie had.

and Bill " cheated" only after Debbie crushed him and the marriage was for all intents and purposes over.

since this argument...line of reasoming is crap... and so fucking transparent .... why would the author make it?

IMO there is only one reason WHY DQS has inserted this fucked up piece of sophistry and Moral relativism into this story..... for one purpose and one purpose ONLY.

Forced reconciliation at all costs. There are of ciurse numerous other Hints besides that.

and like a previous reader Noted Debbie is a serious whacko job. AS I said before she has NO personality with her tits or pussy. None

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
said it before

and I'm clearly not alone. While sidelines contribute to flesh out the characters, they also slow down the storyline itself. Now the chapters seem to float along, but not much was advancing in the story; Hope that the next one(s) continue that trend. And I still hope for shorter time laps between chapters. i think Harry and Chagrined said it right, this story gives me a twisted feeling too. I love it, but I would like to see it going faster, short of having to read the previous chapters again to try and find/detect clues for the way it may turn out. Still one of the best here, if not THE best.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 14 years ago
Well Done

After reading today’s chapter, I had conflicting emotions. I had to read it again before I knew exactly what comment I wanted to make. As a wife and mother Debbie is the woman I love to hate. I believe it was Carlos who wrote “she thinks with her cunt.” I hate that word, but it was never more appropriate than when used in the same sentence with Debbie. <P>

However, I was feeling down. Debbie had gotten to me. I was sorry for her. She has hit rock bottom, hopefully the only place for her to go from here is up. Deb isn’t out of the woods by a long shot, she has taken some blows and I believe there are more to come. But I think she’s going to develop some character; might even seek professional help. <P>

The whole bit between Bill and Aline was a masterful piece of writing. I originally wanted Deb so see Bill with Aline. I wanted her to know he could attract a beautiful woman. I wanted her to hurt. However, the author’s treatment of their shipboard romance was perfect. If Aline did not restore Bill’s self esteem, no one can. He might as well kill himself. I think Deb will notice the difference in him when they meet again. It’s not necessary for her to meet Aline. I have always maintained I read the loving wives genre for the emotional conflict and drama. The sexual scenes were incidental and I have always skipped over them for the most part. Today I read them several times, they were hott, sexy, and erotic. I don’t think I’m a hypocrite, maybe I’ve been hanging around you guys too much. Naw, it’s just because I’m so immersed in the story, I don’t want to miss a word Q has to write. Hey that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. <P>

Great cliffhanger at the end, is BJ going to stir up some shit? How much of his father does he have in him? He might still love his mother, but he doesn’t respect or even like her. He won’t fight for her, but his sister Kelly? That’s a whole different story. He might feel the need to protect her from Doug and herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
don't believe

i don't believe the way you paint Debbie up that she could be faithfull FOR 17 YEARS, Bill got lucky when she wanted out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
It has become formulaic!!!

Same old, same old....cruise, air, land and water....com'on go for the jugular...and wrap up......it is now to a point....like paraphasing...Chargrine [ who I might add is a good story teller]....who really cares what happens!!!......the soap could lead to...Kelly being raped or killed by Doug, BJ turns gay, Debbie becomes a nun...or Bill a Gangsta...the roller coaster of emotions has reached a point like a train crossing the prairies....flatline and boriiiiiing......WHO CARES!...reconciliation or not, rebirth or not....the angst and the expectations is drained by this reader to a point of no return.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Damn

This is a great story!

Boyd

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
I am beginning to hate you:

DQS1: I look forward to your next chapter with mixed emotions. When you don't post I get depressed to read the next chapter.

When you do post I get overjoyed at the next reading of a great story, and I depressed to reach the end of that chapter and have to wait for the next posting.

All of that being said I think we may have been given a clue to a possible outcome and explanation to why Debbie is thinks the way she does.

Read the portion of Debbie's story where she places her head on the lectern or desk thinking about Bill and what a prick he is and Dougie and what a piece of work he is and all of the other men in her life and how they have made her life SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bed, and the thought, "where are those thoughts coming from", and it rubbing her forehead and it "being kind of like a migraine".

Can any one say "BRAIN TUMOUR"?

Just a random thought.

Chagrined: We don't care whether you read the story or not. You were warned at the start that it would be long.

I have read some of your work and enjoyed it. All seem to be short short stories dealing with a single thought in a relatively short period of time and don't require any great of development, unlike WWWM.

Thanks DQS1 for the great chapter and am looking forward to the next.

And to my conspirator: Very good thoughts and views.

Tom:

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
bad story path

bill was a character who was a workaholic jerk, but honorable - while his wife was written as a selfish cheater with no understanding.

but now you have taken bill away from being a good guy, and made him a selfish cheater also - leaving NO ONE to cheer for at all, EVERYONE is a selfish jerk.

and I don't want to read about everyone being a selfish jerk, I see too much of that in real life.

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 14 years ago
Somewhat agree with Harry.

I feel there is reconciliation at all cost coming.

I also feel that if that is the case, then I have arduously read thousands of words of a grand story only to see it end in a Literotica standard templated wimp-whore reunion. I will be thoroughly disappointed, lose respect for this author and possibly refrain from reading him in the future for fear of a repeat. There are far too many of these type stories as it is.

I know this author has the skills and abilities to be able to use the many variables available to carry this story to a conclusion without stooping to this time worn cliche - I pray he does.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 14 years ago
50/50

I like where this chapter went with Bill. Relationships are complex and two people get to decide what works for them. Aline and husband have an arrangement that, for them, is OK. Not perfect. She obviously feels some pain and sense of distance from her family but has meshed the components of her life as best she can. Bill's part in it is an interesting step outside his rigid moral code. That code is NOT a bad thing. Sometimes literotca stories tend to ridicule and minimize characters who have strong moral beliefs. I find that annoying and like that Bill remains fairly consistent in his beliefs. Yes, he compromises to be with Aline, but it still bothers him and he doesn't plan a long term affair with her, as much as he would like to. He accepts the circumstances for what they are. It was an interesting play of conversations with the various characters expressing their world views and situations. <br><br>

However, when it comes to Debbie the story is far less satisfying. The story line and her thoughts are shaping her to be a blond bimbo who always uses sex as a tool to get what she wants. It is a far different thing to recognize that sex is always in play and working with that vs. actively using sex as the driving force for your life. The story is minimizing Debbie as a character and I find that disappointing. It would be far more interesting to have her as a strong and vibrant person with her own POV. Her relationship with Bill is NOT all her problem. It is very hard to retain a relationship with a highly dynamic person, male or female. They are often pulled away into the hurricane of their careers and other callings. Look at aline and her husband. It would have greatly enriched the story for Debbie to have been a powerful and respected woman. Unfortunately it's too late for that.

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Sure we were warned it would be long, just didn't know I was in for a soap...

I knew from reading DQS prior stories that his writing is terrific, but not necessarily the storylines. I agree with Chagrined - this is a soap opera. No doubt about it. The pace of the story, the drawn out emotional drama, and at times repetitious scenes, is pure soap opera. Nothing wrong with that. Many people love soap operas, and the comments on this story demonstrate that clearly. Personally, if DQS had posted this all at once, I would have become bored from the meandering pace and set it aside, never to pick it up again. Yet, because the characters are interesting, the writing technically excellent, and much of the dialogue is brilliant, I read each much smaller posting.

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
It continues to hold center stage

Bill and Debbie were both detailed in this chapter. If Debbie did put up with ten years of neglect before cheating emotionally with Doug, then perhaps she was made of sterner stuff, a situation which began altering about two years back. It does sound to me more like an endocrine imbalance than a brain tumour. Personally I loved the contrast between the Catholic and the Protestant worldview and see that some of my colleagues will have to condemn them both absolutely for their failures to toe the moral line.

By the way the references to Thomas Convenant led me to discover that there is a new three volume set by Donaldson out in the last four years.

I just ordered them from Amazon. I am amazed how little patience some of my co-readers seem to have... Well Back to Bristol with you....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

I'm not sure where I stand on this story after this latest installment. Things seem to start to move forward and then its like the characters regress 5 steps back. It looks like Debbie might be starting to see what she's done to hurt everybody and her self and then the author adds a new character or 2 that Debbie can lie to about her marriage/divorce and suddenly she's back to square one. I will be seriously pissed if I spent this much time reading and the author cops out with a brain tumor or Menopause hormone imbalance to excuse Debbie's actions. Yeah, I know Bill isn't entirely innocent in things but what he has contributed to this whole thing is almost inconsequential compared to the magnitude of lies, manipulation and betrayals Debbie is guilty of contributing. I guess we'll see her banging Clint soon and Clint even being friends with Bill in a couple chapters if the terribad cliches of this genre continue to get piled into the story...Bill might even watch Clint bang Debbie then eat the creampie when they reconcile at this rate(Size14 will love it and declare the story a masterpiece). I'm thinking I might just lay off this story till its finished or attempt to forget it. Its well written and easy to read but I'm really starting to become tired and indifferent due to the pacing. I'm not talking about how often new installments are posted but the pacing of the story progression in the chapters, the pacing is dissonant. Shit or get off the pot already!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Still one of the better longer stories in this genre in some time, but...

Several small nitpicks:

a. buying Aline such an expensive gift did not fit

b. a professor grabbing Debbie also did not fit

c.there was too much of Doug agonizing and having conversations about his affair. Enough already.

On the plus side, the writer telling Debbie she needed to learn to live with herself is so true.

This continues to be a very enjoyable tale. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Reconciliation - NO!!!

Like all of your readers, I check twice a day for your entries, get a cup of coffee, read quickly and then...start over and slowly savor the words, theme and every phase of your characters. So, thank you for writing!

I have a wish, desire or just a thought to share. I'm retired, physically active, have enjoyed what would probably be two very enjoyable lifetimes for most men and consider myself to be very fortunate and...healthy enough to think I can do it again.

Okay my thought...

...President Myer told Debbie a story about a man who could never trust again, no matter how much he loved or wanted to, simply because his one great love betrayed his trust. I've been there! His suggestions were several and very thought provoking for her and in short, she should realize that Bill is best left alone, maybe just friends; of course, she hasn't got to that point of reconsidering her needs yet (Bill).

Now, Aline - I have been fortunate to have spent a lot of time all over Europe and have enjoyed the company, companionship and affection of some well established women, single, engaged and married, and yes they are more comfortable with themselves than we are here in the good old USA, we are prudes, sticklers, hung up on morality and too full of ourselves. Anyway...Alines' felings and conduct far exceeded the character and conduct you had her display. In short, she really is not just attracted to and affectionate to Bill, she is totally absorbed with him and setting aside her son and feelings (respect) for her husband, she is very likely and potentially willing to consider Bill as her future...maybe even take a leave of absence to be with him to see what and how they really are with eachother.

I have a request - don't make their time together a rebound event with lessons learned - they would be right and perfect for eachother!!! I have met her, she is real, vital, loving, has depth and love - Bill is a real man with integrity, dedication, a wholesome honest character and capable of a very romantic love for the right woman...her name is Aline!!!

Thanks for reading, THANKS for writing!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 14 years ago
Like The Way

The Story is Progressing. Can't wait to see how Bill & Debbiework things out between them and the Kids. and how Bill reacts to his Daughter throwing herself at Debbies BF Doug. Doug could end up hurt (very Badly) or Dead.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Pacing & twists and skank Debbie of this story simply prove what friggin idiot that "size 14 phil" is.

Superb twists & turns of the amazing well written story - outstanding author.

Side note -DSQ did not realize this story would highlight "simpleton add-on cast characters like the fool size 14" who still believes Debbie is some kind of saint. However, one does have to give credit to arrogant unintelligent imbeciles like size guy who make the comment section interesting to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
hmmm..

"I'm sorry, Elinor. All you've heard is Bill's version of things and I know...I must look pretty bad in it. But...there are two sides to every story." Yea i suppose there are two sides to everything, but theres nothing she can say or do to justify her actions. yes, maybe she didnt actually fuck doug but she was intimate with him, she did act like a couple, she did shave her vag to turn on dougie and she sure as hell disrespected her husband by doing this pretty much out in the open. so what if he started spending more time at work and less time in the gym or with his family-that doesnt mean he deserves to be shit on, which is what deb did. also, despite her protests at what a good guy doug is and how he did nothing wrong, well, he outright said that he wanted to get in her pants and it was only after he began his seduction that realized he actually liked her! whats worse, is that after they separated, she brought doug into their house and her hubbies bed to have sex.....while still married and while the kids were there. yea, i can see where people might have gotten it wrong when saying what a bitch, slut, homewrecker, etc. she is. also, did anyone else catch her little comments to herself about how she used her looks for pretty much anything? she flirted with just about any guy, if it would help her in some way and as her mother in law said, shes a slut who wouldnt have and shouldnt have put herself in that situation back in college and present day. now, im not saying she deserved to be raped, but when you're so easy you pretty much bang anyone, well, its not too hard to believe you'd get raped. whew, glad i got that out, haha. moving on, wtf was with your last goodbye story? did anyone read that shit? she fucked his best friend because she hated him and she continued to fuck good ole norman for the three months in counseling. so they divorce and that fucker still loves her? even after hearing during their yr and a half apart that she fucked 40 men, 40 men!! its not over though, if he decided to try again with her, he had to sign documents giving his sperm to her, because she hoped he would love his kids enough that when she cheated and she would because shes a whore, he would forgive her. while that story was well written, it was so fucked up, i was pissed i wasted some of my life reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Harry has got a point about comparing BILL vs DOUG

As much as I hate to say it Harry has a point. The whole affair with the French hot babe makes little sense given how fucked up in the head Bill was going into the cruise... and the moral aspect to his character.

Bill screwing the French babe is not at all what doug did. For Bill to even think that he is now just like Doug is so bizarre so irrational that given his character such thinking makes absolutely NO sense.

Thus I think that Harry might be onto something. I hope I am wrong... and Harry is too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Good, but troublesome

This story continues to be well written and thought provoking. However, I still am very concerned about where this story is going. The author has written other stories that were good right up until an ending that virtually everybody hated. I see this story headed towards a reconciliation, and that worries me. Normally, I'm a sucker for a happy reconciliation ending. But in this case, each new chapter makes me dislike Debbie more than the last. When has she ever said or done anything in any chapter that would make a person want her as a wife? It's the exact opposite: she shows more and more how selfish and self-serving she is, with no redeemable attributes except being beautiful. But there are a lot of other beautiful women out there that Bill could end up with. I've said it before commenting on earlier chapters and I'll say it again: the author needs to show some positive attributes to Debbie! Even if reconciliation is not the final destination, the story will be more interesting if there's more to her than a selfish, slutty bitch who doesn't seem to really love anyone but herself. That's how she looks now.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
Story is excellent to this point

I think that author is well acquainted with the judicial system. and he also understands higher education in Florida (although there are three main steps in the faculty ladder: assistant, associate, and full Professor, not just the two former ones. I would imagine that DQS is something akin to a professor of Law at one of the Florida universities. In his stories there have been mainly lawyers and academicians are main characters.

Regarding Debbie and Bill re-establishing a new relationship, this bothers me because of what Clint Abbott (visiting professor) said about cheating. Something to the effect that the worst thing is when one of the couple says - I don't love you anymore. Debbie is a self centered, disrespectful women who has said 'I don't love you anymore' countless times throughout the story. And Bill does deserves better, just as Kelly has said. Yet Deb and Bill had a normal to very good marriage for the first 10 years. They've had a history and shared an era. And they aren't getting any younger, particularly Debbie who seems to be aging rather rapidly according to their daughter, Kelly. Actually Bill is now appearing to many as younger than he did a few months ago. Bill really needs romance to continue in his life. Debbie is an obvious candidate for this if she plays her plays right, but I think Myra Martinez might be a stronger choice. Myra indicated that she will go after Bill once the divorce is final. She likes Bill BOTH for his abilities as a prosecutor and for his current physical appearance. She (unlike Debbie) seems to respect Bill for what he is and she'd be understanding if Bill didn't arrive home for supper because he had to finish up a document at work. We haven't heard from Myra in Chapter 4A but probably will soon. And what about Jessica Stephens? Carlos: Yes, I checked the Internet for signs that this story had appeared yesterday about 6-8 times.

miserableoldscousermiserableoldscouseralmost 14 years ago
Heck this is getting boring...

any chance you might get to the punch line some time soon?

size14shoesize14shoealmost 14 years ago
bruce22

"If Debbie did put up with ten years of neglect before cheating emotionally with Doug, then perhaps she was made of sterner stuff, a situation which began altering about two years back. It does sound to me more like an endocrine imbalance than a brain tumour."

`

What difference would an endocrine imbalance possibly make? Certainly not the same a date rape drug.

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
Slowly . . .

. . . ever so slowly the blade inexorably descends towards Bill's balls. Will the castration be complete? Run Bill RUN! At least the slut wife came up short on seducing a new victim. Hopefully she (and Bill) will come to realize that all she is, is a fuck hole, with big tits. Bill's guilt and reticence at fucking around with a drop dead gorgeous married women in an open marriage is ridiculous, and not unrealistic. This story spends entirely too much time focusing on these "trumped up" emotions, I am not sure if the author is trying for drama, or perhaps still more character development. But it is totally unrealistic, under these circumstances men don't think this way, (I know, I know, this is fiction and unrealistic is normal for fiction) it appears the author is clearing the way for Bill's eventual emasculation, and therein lies the suspense.

cal6009cal6009almost 14 years ago
THE PRESIDENT OF UNF GAVE Debbie a raw deal!!

What a crock for the president to tell Debbie she is being fired because she betrayed and humiliated her husband, preceded by him relating similar life experiences with his former and present wives. She should have been fired for sexual harassment and dereliction of her responsbilities as a tenured faculty member. It’s a shame Debbie did not have a tape recorder with her to demonstrate that she was being terminated for reasons not related to her performance of her responsibilities as a faculty member.

incestor007incestor007almost 14 years ago
I agree it is getting little boring

There is just too much happening and not happening, I really dont think Bill should be with Debbie in the end, More we read more we know Debbie is born Slut, what type of woman calla a stranger to fuck her, not only that she also made her point of being slut while talking to Lew, its not not personnel disliking and there is nothing wrong with Debbie, but she is not a man wants as a wife, Bill is better off without her. Even if she did not cheat, it is nearly impossible to live with a woman like her as your wife. Well if I were bill, i would not have gone with her to parties if she behaves like that with any man who meet her, love or not she can be happy only without marriage. And its not only sleeping with Daug, it is the way she treated Bill. if the in the end Debbie realises she really loved Bill, I wont believe it is possible, in case you love some one but do not realise then, the scene at UNF fuction was test for love, Bill in blood, Daug in blood, she chose Daug. See? I dont believe she ever loved Bill, he was just meal ticket, even she knew herself she was cheating, she tried to fuck Bill over alumni. If i you had to fight to win your own wife, then you dont really have a wife. This seems to be going nowhere, Bill's life is already boring(, DQS should tell his side by third person which will give more insight), and know Debbie side is just "wanna fuck?" all about sex. kids are pretty well boring. slut daughter and incompetent son. And now some unrealisitc events like Debbie getting fired because of personal reasons(also after THREE MONTHS), Debbie broke with Daug because of Kelly, so waht happened now does not matter. It would have been different if she'd broken with Daug for Bill. When it comes to real talk they only whispered and that to be just interfered by someone. yeah it is also getting messy. I will take DQS's advice to read after few months, may be read only final chapter to see what exactly happened in the end, because in i have feeling in between it is going to boring( the way it is going with last few chapters). But I really want to see the end, so its better to read later.

Thanx for good story.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 14 years ago
Well done

I think Debbie is getting a taste of what the rest of her life is going to be .

She will be lonely and the only men that want to spend time with her, are the men that want her pussy and only want to use her for their own pleasure.

She has lost her husband, children, lover and job, along with the respect of her peers, for a silly affair that was never going to last in the first place.

Maybe, if she had tried just a little to save her marriage, she wouldn't be in the situation she is in now, but then there wouldn't be any story.

Thanks for the good chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Sorry I'm not buying it!

I’m sorry… no matter what Deb has told Bill, told herself, and told anyone else within earshot that is willing to listen the bullshit story that she never slept with anyone, and only allowed any male within her reach to fondle her breasts, rub her crotch, or her rubbing her pussy against their erection’s while dancing, when married to Bill needs their head examined.

Any woman that offers to suck the dick of her husbands lawyer who just happens to be a good friend to both of them- meets a professor for the first time and then one day and one phone call later calls him up to come to her house to fuck her silly is not the make up of woman that has kept her legs crossed during her marriage. She may have convinced Bill and by some odd brain aneurism even convinced herself that she didn’t sleep around but I guarantee that there are a few good men that have been between her legs during her marriage to Bill.

netviper21netviper21almost 14 years ago
Here's my two cents

The Aline twist to the story was good, and i can see why you threw it in for Bill to consider what he didn't understand.

But i got to say reading about that cruise also made me glad i have never gone on a cruise! All that sad story, i do not think there was one person on that ship who was in a good marriage!

If Deb is such a slut its no wonder her daughter went after Doug. Also i am surprised after Deb's past happenings she would toss her self onto Clint like that. I can see toady's coming out of the wood work for her though. The president explaining her being fired, well, he's a better man to explain his reasons. I'd think from my knowledge of men in power like that just take a look and say 'you're fired.'

Kelly's fun with Doug will come to light. Why? Kelly is not as smart as her mother. Seriously if she was unsatisfied ten years into the marriage and he never knew until her little slip of the tongue, Kelly/Doug are screwed.

Kudos to Junior for leaving when he did. And if he is as smart as i think he is his conversation is going to bring to light what his sister did with an older man. Just like his father does the right thing, so to would his son. Its kind of f***ed that his own daughter doesn't know how to do the right thing. Then again product of a divorce like this can f*** with a kid's mind.

Great job! I'm glad i have some stuff to complain about since it gets me thinking about your story!

curioussscuriousssalmost 14 years ago
I agree with Harry and partly with one Anon

Harry's quite, in fact emphatically, right about the differences between Doug and Bill in their approach to adultery and its pursuit. I also hope that we're not going down the reconciliation road.

One 'Anon' a short while ago said Aline may take a short leave of absence to be with Bill (or words to that effect). Who can know what someone in love (or infatuation) will do, so it's a possibility, but she would have to chase him this time around as he's already made his feelings clear. I could see him as the pursued and persuaded because he's already admitted he couldn't resist her if they were in close proximity. .

I don't know about other posters but I'm already in the category of those who checked throughout the day yesterday to see if some Lit postings were late to print. I agree about the 'Soap Opera' bit if only because I can't wait to see the next chapter for new revelations.

You're good DQS1- we're 99% of us hooked on this classic, no matter what we say.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
Ya Basta!

Enough is enough! You're beating a dead horse. Debbie is a whore, I get it. <P>

You're losing everyone, plausible reconciliation is nigh on impossible now. <P>

Slutty women fascinate me too, but it's time to give her some remorse and some redeeming qualities.

TizWinTizWinalmost 14 years ago
Good story, but.....

As many others have said, this is a good stroy, very well written, by a very talented author, however! Stringing it out so long is damaging the story's impact greatly. A serial comes out on schedule, but you take long uncalled for breaks in delivering a chapter, and then the chapters tend to drag out sub stories that we don't really care about. We have the previlage of reading a great author for free, and we have the gall to gripe, I know, pretty stupid, but, comments were asked for!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Lots to say

Ok heck!

Lots to say but really all there is to say is that this is a darn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I think the journey, in this case, is more important than the destination

I am usually annoyed by stories that go on...and on...and on. Not in this case, however. I would like the chapters to come along more frequently, but that's not bothering me much either. The journey has been a pleasure thus far, and I'm not in a hurry for it to be over.

There were a stunning (for this author) three or four typos in this chapter, but they didn't break the flow too much... Maybe he's hurrying too much.

bigchefwaynebigchefwaynealmost 14 years ago
Superb Story Development

You have done an excellent job of portraying real people with real emotions. These are not the one-dimensional characters so often seen in these pages, but people who deal with real conflict both within themselves and with others.

As to those who think this goes too long, we were warned that this would not be a slam, bam, thank you man story - with the guy in the white hat getting revenge on the lover and the cheating wife wound up in two pages or less.

I look forward to seeing where you take this.

PArebelPArebelalmost 14 years ago
Keep the chapters coming

As I read the comments I had to wonder why no one has commented on the exchange between Debbie and Clint regarding his book. People are forecasting reconciliation. Decrying that possibility. I think DQS is setting us up for no resolution. Look at this exchange again. <br><p>

<HR>"Alright, you beat it out of me. Why the hell didn't he go back across the Rio Grande to get her. Her husband was dead and he had been an asshole. He cheated on her all over the place. He didn't deserve a faithful wife. The gunfighter loved her. Why did he leave her alone in that big house?"

"It made a better ending. I'd rather have readers crying than saying, 'awwwww'."

Then: "Besides, it's open ended. There's nothing to say he didn't go back to get her. That's what makes a good novel. You don't know what happens after 'the end'. <HR><BR><p>

We are going to be left to our own devices in the end. I love it/I hate it. Keep the chapters coming.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 14 years ago
This chapter will probably receive a record number of comments!

I think this was the best chapter to date. Not just because Bill got back his self-esteem, not just because Debbie is suffering Divine Retribution, and not just because teenagers are acting like teenagers. No, I think it was the best one so far because it had just the right balance of drama, love, poignancy, humor, and je ne sais quoi. I do agree with Harry and others that Doug's deliberate effort to seduce Debbie (without regard for the effect on her marriage) by no means compares to Bill's brief liaison with Aline, which he really did not seek (and who apparently has an open marriage, or so she says). One other thought -- an associate professor (who publishes to remain in his/her job) ordinarily has tenure the same as a full professor. That means, it requires a complex procedure at the university for that faculty member to be fired. I don't think Debbie could have been fired that easily, no matter what was said behind closed doors. Please hurry with the next chapter, and thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago

Your work is really top quality.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
reminds me a bit of Dallas and Dynasty shows

of the early 1980s. Except I was entering high school then and had lots of patience and time for soapy nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
My First Comment

As an optimist in life and someone who believes marriage is a wonderful thing I always start these stories wanting the husband and wife to reconcile, but Debbie is has behaved terribly since the beginning of the story without yet showing any remorse or redeeming qualities its becoming difficult not to think Bill would be better just moving on completely.

There will have to be a big effort to redeem Debbie before I'd think Bill would be better off with her than without her.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
There is no comparison between Bill's "affair" and that of his slut wife.

What Bill had with Aline was a thing of beauty. He should have felt no obligation to remain true to vows long since destroyed by his cheating whore of a wife. Their "affairs" are just not equal.

Debbie deserves to have a miserable life, while Bill needs to find happiness with someone whom he can trust to share the rest of his life with. If you make the mistake of having these two reconcile, you will have destroyed one hell of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
One word...

superb

not much else to say

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
hmmm

I want to remind people that Bill didn't know of the 'open' marriage or didn't want to think that his cruise romance was in one.

I AM concerned though with the increasing religious references. Judas was the first great betrayer? What about fucking Efialtis or numerus other 'great betrayers'?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 14 years ago
Having read every chapter,

and most of the comments, several things occur to me. Telling a story in first person is a bit of an art form in itself. It challenges the writer to deliver the information to the reader while only giving one perspective.This story jumps from first person to narrative and back. That is backing away from the challenge of writing in the first person. It should have been all narrative if you want the reader to know what various characters are thinking, rather than only one character. Chagrined has an excellent point as well. This is becoming a bit of a soap with numerous characters and sub-plots being introduced. It is interesting as hell, but seems to have given up on direction, at least to some degree. Now we see that Deb will be working in court against Bill. There is no end in sight and a few dozen more characters to be introduced. I will continue to read this opus, but the flaws are beginning to wear on what began as a near perfect effort.

pkmapkmaalmost 14 years ago
pkma

This continues to be a work that we will benchmark all others on this board by in the future.

You have set yourself a difficult task of feeding us this quality at the rate you do.

All that said - Feed Me, Feed Me

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
for the record

I personally have NO issue with the length of the story. I can see how to some this well written detailed story may seem soap opera-ish.... but the author DID explain this was going to be a long one and rather intricate. So for me ... since the author was open and honest about this... its No big deal.

JMHO... yours may be different.

Wonder_OneWonder_Onealmost 14 years ago
Teenagers!!

Since Kelly is 17 and only 140 miles from Savanna, GA where the age of consent is 16, she and Doug can easily get together without fear of the law.

Also, I'm suprised how easily both kids left Debbie.

I really like this story. Thanks.

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
Wonder_One:

Did you ever hear of the hatch act?

And yes I did check for a new posting this morning.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
About Debbie Maitland's Professorial Sloppiness and Firing...

once before, last chapter, or the one right before it, I mentioned specifically Debbie's lack of 4-dimensional, "real life"-like characterization, as compared to Bill Maitland.... <p>

now I found out she's been fired by the president, for HIS personal view of her conducts? (((although he said what he told her, as the REAL REASON for her firing, was "just between you and me, in this office; and if you use this information, it'd be my word against yours, and you know WHOM [not "who"] they [the public] will believe," me, the university prez or you, a mere assistant professor who's been whoring herself in public, blah, blah, blah...))) <p>

of course, I have to admit, I have stopped reading every single line of the story --- like Harry said, I don't mind long stories, if they continue to intrique me to a degree where I truly care "what's happening to the characters"; but in this case, I just want summaries of what happens, not details, since the characters have never truly captured my imagination, love, hate, or sympathy... in a strong, intringuing way --- so perhaps the AUTHOR did talk about Debbie doing more than screaming about how many orgasms Doug's been giving her all these last 500 pages... and I just missed them... <p>

anyway, in most secular and academic oriented universities, it is virtually impossible for the PRESIDENT of the university to decide UNI-LATERALLY he or she is going to fire a tenured professor simply because the latter was whoring around in the former's view. <p>

of course, the president DID say professor Debbie Maitland's business Dept Chair, professor Rutledge, brought up Maitland's "sloppiness" issues during the staff meeting "yesterday".... but that's HARDLY sufficient time (for "administrative" counseling) nor evidence (enough of it anyway) for a tenured professor's firing.... <p>

don't misunderstand me, I am NOT defending Debbie. In fact, in MY WORLD, she could not have become a professor in the first place.... or stayed as one, even if she had somehow managed to become one in the first place.... since I never knew what she's teaching, how she's teaching, whether the students liked her or not, how competent she is, etc. <p>

And in MY VIEW this is the AUTHOR's fault. <p>

Notice in MY LITTLE WORLD, the AUTHOR happened to make it incredibly well known to ME and those around me WHO BILL IS?, how efficient, proficient, hard working, able, dedicated, loved and feared and admired he is at his work place? <p>

with Debbie Maitland, every single chapter since 500 plus pages again, it's "Oh, oh, aahhhhhhh, you gonna make me cum so hard, Doug! stop it I can't stand it no longer...." so much so, and so LOUDLY and often in his Dad's bed upstairs, Bill Jr. even suggested that his mom and Doug got a MOTEL somewhere for such loud and frequent activities? <p>

so, all of a sudden, Debbie's PROFESSORIAL WORK PERFORMANCE has now been --- IN GOOD THE AUTHOR'S VIEW --- lacking?, and then AUTHOR had the president went on to a TWILIGHT ZONE, personal story of HIS own about his first wife's cheating ass as THE REASON for him firing Debbie Maitland? <p>

VIZ: <P>

********* "You, Professor Maitland, betrayed a man who obviously loved you. I saw it in him that night. He will never be the same man he was. He may come back and build a new life, but something will have been lost. <P>

********* "That is why, Professor Maitland, I will be terminating your relationship with this university." <P>

What KIND of "university" was Debbie Maitland teaching in? Oral Roberts' Jesus Christ University? And, by any chance, president Myers was Oral Roberts himself? I mean, come on, now! LOL <p>

as an author whom the highly literate folks of Literotica take seriously, the AUTHOR has been the ONE being sloppy here, NOT Debbie! where, in passages in the story, has it been SHOWN CONCLUSIVELY --- as president Myers said Dept Chair Rutledge said --- that Debbie Maitland HAS BEEN SLOPPY in her teaching tasks? <p>

I, as a critical reader, KNEW it's UNLIKELY someone with her personality could be a serious professor at a 4 year university; but that's MY imagination, my experience. I am NOT the author or Debbie, neither of whom, again, has explained to me WHY or HOW Debbie Maitland could have been a tenured professor in the first place.... <p>

so for me to find out, ALL OF A SUDDEN, she's been terminated due to her "sloppiness [literally her fucking around on her husband, per the president, Mr. Myers]"........ it just don't make no sense! <p>

for me, as a critical reader, if THE AUTHOR was going to make Debbie's LACK of productivity, OR HER WHORING around, as reason for her firing from her job ------ THAT issue needs to HAVE BEEN more of an issue, more ubiquitously discussed among the relevent characters, places, and time throughout the different sections of the STORY to warrant her firing RIGHT NOW.... otherwise, President Myers' reason for firing Debbie is less dubious than the AUTHOR's reason for having Myers fire Debbie! <p>

not only the audience didn't know about it; Debbie herself didn't know she had been warned and counseled on her "pattern" of sloppiness at her university job (with being tardy to faculty meetings being the only thing SHE admitted to having not done a very good job, lately)...

AcatnamedsamAcatnamedsamalmost 14 years ago
This story is getting better ...

I think its really hotting up ow and look forward to the next CH.

@ GenghisKhan the AUTHOR must be doing something RIGHT its a VERY popular STORY. Much better than any of YOURS ... Oh wait there ARE none.

Ironman0509Ironman0509almost 14 years ago

Not much I can add except to say "good job". My only criticism is that the chapters don't come quick enough.

cal6009cal6009almost 14 years ago
Acatnamedsam: are you a “story goupie?”

Genghiskhan is correct. There is a serious imbalance in the character description of Debbie’s professional standings relative to Bill’s. I am not sure why DQS1 omitted details of Debbie’s professional standings, but its absence surely implies that Debbie was able to secure an appointment at a university using her “physical qualities.” She is protrayed as a beautiful but dumb blond “airhead” who can be dismissed without regard to her being a tenured professor and without regard to faculty goverance rules.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Right Wrong or Indifferent

Debbie can be ushered out... Yes, she could fight and maybe win but she will be a marked professor. She would have to crawl within herself and do her own research projects. She could not stand the status of being totally alone for the remainder of her professional and personal life

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Another Great chapter!

I too don't have a problem with it's length. I was told in the beginning it would be long!

And every installment has had a journey and a tale to be told. The flesching out of these characters has been mesmerizing. I want to continue reading untill I am finished and have the story's conclusion. But of course I can't that is the frustration for me.

I still Think Debbie needs professional help. Aline has done wonders for Bill and he won't be the same person who got on that cruise ship. Debbie on the other hand is still plying her slut self the only way she knows how. By being a slut. She is is in danger of becoming a full fledged whore.

Here kids are disgusted with her and and started to see their mother for what she really is and has done and they are uncomfortable with what they see, that is why they left.

If reconciliation is in the cards it will be very interesting to read how they get back together. DQS has done a fantastic job so far ao I expect the same if they are reconciled. I am hoping for the same great journey I have read to this point.

And again: Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Some points

Debbie is not a tenured Professor. In most Universities, only full professors are actually tenured. Also, Florida is a 'right to work state' which basically means they can fire you for just about any reason, baring race, gender, sexual preferance, etc. So yes, the President of the University can use his personal moral preferances to eliminate a potential problem, remember there is still the lawsuit hanging out there. Yes, it should have been filed by now, but did not have to be.

While it is true, DQS1 has not given Debbie's character the same treatment and depth as Bill's, I would be willing to bet her work as an 'Associate Professor' is just as shallow and meaningless as she is.

I also agree that Bill's affair is not even close to what Debbie's and Doug's was. The marrige is over, with the exception of the legal waiting period as dictated by the law of that state or order of the court.

It will be interesting to see what plot the kids or just BJ is hatching.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 14 years ago
Relevance

Debbie's work has not been fleshed out as much as Bill's because.....it is not important to her. From what I've gathered about Debbie and her worldview, work is simply something you do to earn money. She'd prioritize it very low. And since this story is told from either Bill's or Debbie's point of view, we see it through their eyes.

Bill's work IS important to him, incredibly important. In fact, his work is one of the reasons his marriage died.

Debbie on the other hand, would probably dismiss little mistakes ("sloppiness") as not worth her time to even mention. Thus we don't read about it because she doesn't think about them. I would not be surprised if such little troubles were smoothed over by some smooth talking and flirting.

Unless they really do want to keep you, the higher-ups probably wouldn't discuss your imminent firing with you. Not if you can be reasily replaced with someone younger.

Together with Debbie's sloppiness (president Myers mentioned "too many complaints"), I think her suddenly public affair is the straw that broke the camel's back, and that it wasn't an on-the-spur decision.

In one way, I do agree that there's not enough information about Debbie's work to really know.

cal6009cal6009almost 14 years ago
In most Universities, only full professors are actually tenured: WRONG!!

In most public universities tenure is granted with promotion to associate professor. Until recently, most private universities granted tenure only with promotion to (full) professor. However, some of the elite private universities, such as Harvard and Yale, still follow this tradition.

DQS! Has not even hinted that Debbie did not view her career as a professor in the business school as unimportment or merely as a means of making money. WHAT A PUT-DOWN!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Genghiskhan made an excellent point

This is 10th chapter of this story and there's hardly any scene of Debbie in the class, interacting with students or giving lectures. None of the students have doubts? All are toppers in the class? When you have a hot teacher like Debbie every male student will make it a point to ask their doubts, hell they'll have a lots of them especially to have a look at her titties LOL.

This story is from Bill's point of view, not Debbie's. Every chapter starts with I'm William Maitland, and not as I'm Debbie Maitland. When Debbie's scene comes it is in third person point of view. There's not a single scene that said - I was angry with Bill for so, so reason...

No matter how well this story is written, DQS is a damn good writer, but it's staring to get boring. Buck up, buck up, DQS.

bims66bims66almost 14 years ago
GTEAT STORY

This chapter only reinforces my belief that Debbie realy does have a major probl;em. HER PROBLEM IS SHE NEEDS TO SEE A SHRINK. Her actiopns in this whole story confirm this. Heck, a two year old could figure this out.

It would also appear thar Kelly needs one also. She seems to be displaying the same faults as her mother.

WHAT WILL THE AUTHER DECIDE? I STILL FEEL THAT THEY STILL LOVE EACH OTHERM BUT ARE BOTH STUBBORN.

Keep up tje excellent writing. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

swimwriterswimwriteralmost 14 years ago
Excellent to Average

I agree with ,HDK, story should be in First person or Third or whatever you choose, in this case I really want to read it in narrative mode, As first person, We can predict Bill here, and his story is damn boring, although his character is more real than Debbie, You fully realised Bill's character. But you did not worked on Debbie's, she is most fictional character in this story, its like she is without brain, who comes do something, knows everything, knows nothing, denies everything, and i hardly believe she was faithful to bill, actually faithfulness does not matter she is unbearable character. Althogh its fun to read about her, you could never tell story from Debbie's point of view, so you chose nsarrative mode, you chose safe road, good, but Giving Bill's POV and not Debbie's you showed you dont have slightest idea what type of person Debbie is. She is undeveloped character. It could have been better if you would have chosen narrative mode for whole story, if you were unable to do from both POV's.

And one comment about all we see in chapter for Debbie is she doing " oooh ahhh, make me cum, fuck me, sex,,,,sex,,,,sex,,,,,and very much sex....." where is your character development you have been telling as excuse for details and slow progress. She is not only slut she is shameless slut, who is willing to give herself to every men in the world, but her husband had to force her to have sex with her, and she is telling every one he does not care about her pussy. She might be having brain tumor, but please meet some patient with brain tumor how they act, because they deffinitly does not act like, shameless nympho trying use her brain to defend her slutty and shameless actions.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 14 years ago

DQS has not hinted that Debbie finds her work important either. As far as I can remember, the scenes where DQS mentions Debbies job as more than a footnote, is when Debbie wants alimony from Bill when her job's in danger because her affair becomes known, and in this chapter when she gets fired.

But wait, if Debbie DOES find her job very important, why has she become "sloppy"? Her reason is her current home situation. What has changed here? Her impending divorce with Bill. But Bill had been absent, and now he's completely absent, so that's not much of a change. What else has changed? Doug. Doug's pretty much moved in, and they've been going at it like horny rabbits. I could almost say that sex with Doug is more important to Debbie than doing a good job of her work. Hot sex trumps grading papers anytime, right? Oh, she wouldn't go so far as to let herself get fired over sex with Doug, but that seems to be out of her hands now.

I don't think Debbie's opinion on her job is very important to the overall storyline because DQS hasn't fleshed it out thus far. That could change in later chapters.

gusteufgusteufalmost 14 years ago
Tenured??? Not Tenured??? Gosh...

It makes no difference in this case. Tenure means your higher on the totem pole. It does not mean your bulletproof. Tenure means your boss can not fire you because you yell at him/her. Or when budget cuts come around, the others go before you. Anyone can be gotten rid of. Tenured Professors are gotten rid of all the time. Most of the time, it is called something else, not fired.

This is almost like the Lew Incident, The president is telling her what will happen, she could fight it, but why? DQS1 does not spell it all out, but the pres., Rutledge - her boss, her fellow teachers, all think she is trouble. She could fight it, yeah, but she would lose in the long run. If she just leaves, then she would have a good record and the pres., even recommends a job for her. They (the pres and the university) probably decided after the dinner, that she was history, They let some time pass and try and keep it quiet, now the reason given is, she is moving on to another job. Less of a connection to her and Doug as a scandal.

thanks DQS1

Gus

CSD2CSD2almost 14 years ago
send more chapters!

don't care if you have a 1000 typos. don't care if every academic who peruses literotica slams your verision of 'tenure'. get the kids ages mixed up, mis name the ship, or discover that the Captain and the Priest shared smoked oysters in the Blue Room while double teaming the Coors Light Twins...

...keep the chapters coming.

as far as i'm concerned, the only character development needed for Debbie is for her to realize she is a slut. she was a slut until she met Bill and forgot.

this is Bill's story. he found out his wife was at the beginning of an affair. he tried to stop it. he took down the opposition publicly in front of his loving wife. and even though he lost her, he is finding out who he really is.

he is principaled, loyal, and his code will not abide her dishonesty and abuse of trust. no matter how much he loves her. he is a fighter and i can't wait to see him fight again.

i wonder how bad Doug will look after he finds out about Kelly...?

keep bring the tale, bro.

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
Dear Daniel Q. Steele1:

The only reason to write a story is to please the author, not the reader unless you are marketing a product such as a book or a collection of short stories, and if this was the case here, you wouldn't be posting on a "FREE SITE".

It is great to read your story and then make comments on what is written and my concepts. opinions and views as to that was said (Debbie is a cheating slut), implied and hinted at (brain tumor).

It is also fun to discuss the opinions of other commenter's and get their views.

I have basically three complaints in this regard.

#1. The chapters aren't long enough and don't contain enough input for my contemplation.

#2. Postings aren't quick enough, ( I realize it takes time to write each chapter so I will forgive you for this).

#3. And this is my biggest complaint, and it does not have anything to do with the author of this story. If you don't like the story, DONT READ IT. If you think its too long, DONT READ IT. If you think the author doesn't know how to tell his story, DONT READ IT.

Most of these complaints come from those like myself who have never posted a story, on this site, for critique, (although I am in the process of, in my at present very little spare time, writing a story for posting in this genre of loving wives).

If you have never posted a story, please let the author tell his story and quit trying to tell him what to write. Please have some respect for his efforts.

Now I want to state that if I am the only reader left please complete the story in your own time and tell the story you want to tell.

If reconciliation is to be the outcome, (I would hate it at this point), but so be it.

If Debbie dies of a brain tumor and Bill gets together with Alien, when she leaves her husband, SO BE IT.

Daniel, please finish this story for your own satisfaction, and as I said if I am the only reader left at the end, you will always know that you have at least one loyal fan.

Thanks: Tom, (VIETVET).

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardalmost 14 years ago
Hmmm...

Great writing as usual DqS.... but..

I think i hear the Recon train....and here is WHY and why I don't like it ...YET.

We have two bad bits of foreshadowing... One when Bill mentions the trial that might and probably will be the end of his career. Some very unpopular move I'd say...

Then The 'wonderful' wife gets some one to give her an interview or was it just a lead in a job at the Public defender's office.

So the wife will see how hard it IS to be a lawyer and come to understand her husband... while he loses what makes him ...him.

She understands why he was 'away' in the past, learning to respect that ...and now he can be available... add in some counciling... some voodoo with him 'taking in' her point of view..been seeing how you have sprinkled that through out the story as well...

And we have a recon train coming ...

I don't like... why?

She hasn't taken on any real pain AND responsibility ....yet.. now you might make her do so... but I have to say on your track record ... probably not.

BUT I have to admit... on the strength of your writing I will continue to read... you have a gift and you got me at chapter 1......

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
To Clarify about 2 of My Previous Ranting Points

(1) Indeed, I do not know of "right to work" slave states like Florida and how tenure is conferred on professors. In California (particularly of the University of California, which I am more familiar with, having attended it), getting an "associate" title is pretty much like being an "associate" at the Supreme Court: you are "in"; you're just not the one at the highest in the pecking order in the rank and file at the institution. <p>

All other "prefessors" (at least all students call them "professors") are "guest lecturers." guest lecturers are not "associate professors;" nor are they even on the tenure track; and they work vicariously as migrant workers, LITERALLY, from one quarter or semester, to the next, without much of a safety net... but they are also free to take off when they please... <p>

At the University of California, even lecturers have to have PhDs or MDs, and they are some of the best and most enthuasitic professors you'd ever come across, since they know even without much tenure-tracking, if they do well and are popular, they can get good referrals... <p>

One young professor from UC Berkeley was teaching for a year or two at my campus, UC San Diego, and the guy had an amazing memory... he remembered ALL the students' names after he went over it once the first time, the first day --- and the classes he taught were usually from 35 to 60 or 70 --- and he could recite long, complex passages from thick books without looking at notes! He made such an impression, I still remember his name after close to 20 years: Jeff Weintraub. The guy was single and a playboy.... He likely fucked many of the southern California blonde students he had in most or all of his classes... but he was only a LECTERER so he was not retained after 2 years of lecturing... <p>

(2) If this HAD BEEN a 2, 3, or even 5 page story, Debbie Maitland's teaching background --- or lack thereof, left out by the AUTHOR --- would not have been a big deal... but since the author spends as much time ON HER as he/she on Bill Maitland, portraying BOTH husband and wife as competent professionals in their respective line of work, I, as a serious/critical reader, can not let the author's SLIGHT of Debbie go... again, this is like a full novel of 300 to 500 pages... <p>

Yet, we know next to NOTHING about Debbie's professional work, her students, or her colleagues (other than "associate professor" Doug whom she not only kisses in public events at the university but fucks all the time at her home, with her two kids downstairs; and one or two lines about some "Clint" guy she called out of the blue, to see if he'd come over and fuck her, now that she's been fired and is depressed, with Doug gone and Bill gone and her two kids also gone...) <p>

And after about 500 pages, of nothing more Debbie's unprofessionalism or lack of teaching quality... she's fired? <p>

How's that possible, when the AUTHOR hovers over Debbie like an omniscient, omnipotent being, seeing, hearing, and reporting Debbie's every dialogues and monologues? <p>

Now, with Bill Maitland, I understand if HE elects NOT to tell us some thing, since he, Bill Maitland, is speaking as a first person narrator of HIS story; so he can pick and choose what he wants the reader to know or not to know, some aspect of his private life... but Debbie's angle (as a story telling third person, omniscient, omnipotent angle)... it's THE AUTHOR's job to report in a NEUTRAL and THOROUGH manner, most or all of Debbie's activities, to the reader! --- NOT just her fucking and then FIRING moments! <p>

If the AUTHOR is gonna tell the reader Debbie's been fired for teaching related offenses, for her "sloppiness" and tardiness, and student complaints, the READER need to have been a witness to those, to determine more fully as to whether the firing was warrant..... Again, Debbie's WHORING AROUND is likely SUFFICIENT evidence of "immorality" activities to be FIRED in a religious teaching institution; but not in a secular academic one where academics abilities as well as faculty rights.... triumph over sexual/personal matters or conducts, at one's own home and bed, not any concern to any one else other than the family members impacted...

CeeeEsssCeeeEsssalmost 14 years ago
I'm ready for the fireworks

If Debbie gets the job at the Public Defenders office she will be in direct competition with Bill. Perhaps she will actually learn a little about what kind of man Bill is. She will also be working with the "drunken, rowdy Irish bum," Dennis Leary who often tells Bill, "I fucking hate prosecutors." With Carl Cameron, the reporter, right in the middle of that mix there will be fireworks.

hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyalmost 14 years ago
Damn!!!

What a story, its long as hell but so worth the time it takes to read it :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Genghis...get over yourself

You start off your latest rant saying you know nothing of 'right to work' slave states and then you barf words all over the page going on about your own experiences. Last time I checked, California wasn't Florida. Try to know at least a bit about what you're critiquing before launching into another diatribe.

This is the author's story to tell, and he (yes, read the profile...DQS1 is a male) has chosen to tell it from Bill's point of view. He doesn't 'owe' us any more info on Debbie's work history because in his capacity as the storyteller he has deemed it unnecessary to the story line. If that changes, I'm sure he'll fill us in.

Why is it that the loudest critics here don't have any offerings on this site.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
How About This, Anon:

How about YOU keep doing what you're doing: praising how wonderful it is... and I keep doing what I am doing: critiquing some aspects of the story or all of it? <p>

Your little mindless job is stand back, applaud and praise loudly, and make authors feel big, important, literate, creative, and Shakespearean-like... while mine is to either make them think or piss them off... <p>

And, please, don't email people, anonymously, and wanting to do bodily injury to them --- whose criticism or critiquing of fictional stories on Liberotica YOU or other idiots don't agree with --- over virtual space. <p>

Grown men and women shouldn't hide under Anonymous email address and then emailing others with 3rd grade, "mommy, that little girl said hurtful things about me and I'm gonna break her nose" nonsense. If people want to critique each other's thoughts, or stories, let it be done publicy in a venue like this... These are the venues for praising and critiquing simple literature works. <p>

+++++++++++++++++++++ <p>

Genghis...get over yourself <p>

You start off your latest rant saying you know nothing of 'right to work' slave states and then you barf words all over the page going on about your own experiences. Last time I checked, California wasn't Florida. Try to know at least a bit about what you're critiquing before launching into another diatribe. <p>

This is the author's story to tell, and he (yes, read the profile...DQS1 is a male) has chosen to tell it from Bill's point of view. He doesn't 'owe' us any more info on Debbie's work history because in his capacity as the storyteller he has deemed it unnecessary to the story line. If that changes, I'm sure he'll fill us in. <p>

Why is it that the loudest critics here don't have any offerings on this site. <p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Either you are very talented or Very unlucky

All the woman in your stories are worse than JPB's sluts, and All the man in your stories are More decent than DG here or thcelt or other fine authors. And you have very unique talent of combining these two opposite worlds. in your stories wife cheats and slaps husband, cheats on his face, cheats but act very highly as she is the most decent and intelligent lady in the world. Either you have this talent or you are very lucky guy who only met one type of woman in his own life and cant think of any other possibility, go out of your world you will encounter woman like Debbie but not as someone;s wife, but whores. I have seen woman like her but coincidentally all were prostitute or street whore. You very lucky guy found these type of woman for your whole life, but my friend there are decent woman you just need to think with big head not with anything else. This story seemd to most promising in start now you want to show your writing talent? All people love to read about sluts but no one want her as wife, keep that in mind, your husbands are most pathetic excues in whole world. I hope you really had not have that miserable life. ood luck with story, hope people will continue read it, and you will show them your writng skills by delaying and inroducing new sub stories, why no t write about them after finishing it? Just wating for end.

CarlosCCarlosCalmost 14 years ago
FYI

I have googled hypersexuality formerly known as nymphomania and received some interesting hits. I didn't delve into it too deeply but it's a possible symptom of bipolarism. Hmmm......................................

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
Debbie academically

Unfortunately, Deb is one of those faculty who started her career late, is a female, did not do much investigative research, did not attract research funding from governmental or private sources, and is now showing some signs of disinterest in teaching young minds the art and science of business. She has a specific interest which is a good on to have: business management. Put these all together and you have a women who will now be seeking employment in the business world; and with her previous experiences in the corporate world prior to her returning to graduate school for her (MBA and not Ph.D.?) degree, was a contributing member of a team in the Jacksonville business world. She will probably get the job suggested to her by President Myer. She might even be working against the State Attorney's office and Bill.

No, President Myers alone cannot fire Debbie for having caused the fight that Friday night at the "Award Night." She really did nothing that goes against the academic code on campus by kissing Doug in front of thousands of spectators. A President in a state university system would not be very powerful; he might just be a figurehead. So Myer's final remark as to why she's getting the boot (because of her cheating on her husband) does carry water. However, to his credit, Myers did get input from the Chairperson of her department and the faculty of her department were pooled as whether to retain or dismiss Professor Maitland. These are the right things to do by the administration to start the ball rolling toward dismissal. But there was no academic senate committee formed to investigate the matter prior to the firing. That is a committee composed of Debbie's peers both in her department and in other campus departments. This is standard procedure in California and I suspect also in Florida.

Oh, some have asked: Deb is currently finishing up as Assistant Professor of Business Administration (without tenure). Tenure comes with an associate professorship. For further information about academics at UNF, Goggle "University of North Florida." UNF seems to have a very good College of Business and they are in a impression looking, new building.

I have not looked it up, but I don't thing that in Florida that there is a President on each of the state university campuses. I know there is not on the Boca Raton campus of the Florida Atlantic University (also a state university campus) from a former colleague on the faculty there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hmmm...

Genghis, it amuses me to no end that you think I sit here as little more than a sycophant and that your 'job' is very important...to 'piss people off'. You also assume that I send childish emails to people on this site. Sorry to disappoint you, but I have better things to do with my time. The few times I have sent emails, I have done it to connect with another author or with someone who has legitimately commented on one of my stories, and I haven't done it anonymously.

I do generally comment anonymously to avoid pissing matches with idiots like you...I don't need my stories being flagged and inundated with stupid comments. And while you don't comment anonymously, you may as well since you have never submitted a story and your profile is empty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
GREAT READ

I've followed this story from the start and am a fan. Most people have had their hearts handed to them. Some walk away and learn from this over time, while others walk away broken. You have touched on all aspects of this and have done so in a wonderful manner. Thank you and please continue doing what you are doing.

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 14 years ago
Re: bartolo's last comment

Professor bartolo, did you not have a moral clause in your contract? If you answer no, then I will seriously doubt your professorship. And if you did, I am sure it would address adultery (particularly with another staff member). It would probably have another part of it that has something to do with conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the University.

And correct me if I am wrong. If President Meyers wants Debbie gone, the prudent thing for her to do is to make an estimate to how many boxes she is going to need to pack her personal belongings. Just a thought.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A new fan

I have just discovered your stories and have read all I've found on this website. The stories are told in a believable way. Please Ignore the criticisms some have expressed and continue to submit more stories. Loved them!

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
In the final analysis:

Debbie's is being fired for financial reasons only.

Debbie and her paramour Dougie pissed off a (probably the second most powerful man in Florida) very powerful individual (William Martland), who is even more powerful than the Governor, as he can bring the power of the judiciary down on the university as well as the governors office.

Not likely to happen to the gov,. but could very well happen to the university as Bill related to president Myers at the banquet where Bill had to be pulled off of Dougie's whipped ass, to protect Dougie from further damage. (interesting that Dougie's colleagues didn't interfere when it appeared Dougie was winning)

As far as tenure goes, it really plays no part in whether Debbie goes or stays as she has drawn unwanted and undesirable attention to the university in the persona of "THE ANGLE OF DEATH" who is now a very public figure as well as the power he is capably of bringing to bear on those who have (knowingly or not) apparently, knowingly, allowed things to progress between the two lovers.

At this point in the story, DEbbie is only a bit player and her teaching abilities, or not, just don't count.

If this changes I'm sure DQS1 will let us know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Ref to Debbie’s job qualifications:

Even though this matter hasn't been clarified in details there is an indirect reference – if we re-read Ch 1 (page 5 & 6) we’ll find out Debbie’s formal reason to be at the UNF award ceremony (where the fistfight took place) because she was tutoring “one of the two new outstanding faculty members”. I don’t see how she could be chosen as a tutor if she wasn’t good at her job.

vietvetvietvetalmost 14 years ago
Apologies:

Just received a nice note from a author on this site about one of my earlier postings.

In that posting I made reference to the "HATCH ACT", while I really meant to refer to the "MANN ACT which prohibits the transport of "ALL" women across a state line for immoral purposes, but especially underage women.

Mr. B: thank you for your kind correction.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous