All Comments on 'When We Were Married Ch. 06B'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 195 Comments
1badmofo1badmofoabout 13 years ago
Five Stars!!!

Just effing brilliant! Wtg, DQS1! Can't wait for the next installment!

literot63literot63about 13 years ago
I Wanted to Hate It

I've loved this story since it has started. Like others, I get angry with DQS for making me wait. The wait was longer than usual, I was angrier than usual, and then I read it. The best installment so far. Damn you, DQS :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WOW

Very powerful. Well worth the wait. Thank you for continuing the story. Looking forward to the next installment.

poorrichardpoorrichardabout 13 years ago
Quality writing

Love this story. I, like everyone else here, hate the wait for each installment, but that is only because the writing is soooo good. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great Reading

I never write comments. . i just wanted to say, you write well and your story has me hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It ain't Ellroy but it's fantastic writing.

Well done DQS1! The last line was worthy of Cormac McCarthy. Good man for all your splendid work...Mancelt.

size14shoesize14shoeabout 13 years ago
Well worth the wait -- obviously

Looks like most readers are going to get their wish. Debbie is going to be alone for a long time. She's not going to get what she wants with Bill -- a good relationship as ex's and parents -- and that's too bad for BJ and Kelly. They may be enjoying their dad sticking it to mom now but that will change as they get older and gain life experience. Bill is moving on while enjoying sticking it to Debbie at every opportunity and attracting the cream of womanhood in Northeast Florida.

1badmofo1badmofoabout 13 years ago
The three best parts in this chapter

**"I don't really believe in God and less in Heaven, but if I'm wrong and I wind up on a cloud somewhere staring up at the face of the Almighty, I already know I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself and just give me back the life he took from me, and if he's going to punish me for blasphemy, well let him try to hurt me more than he'd already done.

I don't think even God could do that."

**"I looked into Debbie's cold eyes and saw that they glistened. I remembered the look of contempt she had shown me as she stood with her tall young stud boyfriend in the UNF Arena. I remembered how small, old and alone I had felt in that moment. Only a stubborn core of anger had pushed me not to walk away with my tail between my legs.

I remembered her telling me to pay someone for sex because it was obvious I was not man enough to attract any woman on my own merits.

I remembered the first nights I had spent on the River listening to cars in the night, lying alone in a strange bed and knowing the woman I'd loved for half my lifetime was in another man's arms. And there was nothing I could do about it.

There was a part of me that wanted to comfort her. Maybe I couldn't kill it out. Maybe I would always love her, but there would be no comfort now. She had brought all of this on herself. I had pulled myself out of the pit with no help from her. Let her find her own way."

**"She had never really cared about guys before. They came and they went. New ones would always come along and the bittersweet pain of crushes was enjoyable, coming and going. But this was....she realized this boy could hurt her. Hurt her more than she'd ever been hurt before."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank you

Finally!! I have been waiting patiently for the new installment. Please don't take so long between chapters. I am totally hooked.

tazz317tazz317about 13 years ago
AND ANOTHER TWIST

YES, IT IS ANOTHER TWIST IN DQSs WRITING. DONT FORGET THERE IS STILL THE STRONG MAN, THE IRISHMAN(PRIESTS SON)THE FRENCHMAN(PROSECUTOR)ETC ETC. DSQ HAS PROVEN HIS WRITING SKILLS. ALL OF HIS SUBMISSIONS ARE OF A HIGH QUALITY IN THOUGHT, PLOT, CHARACTERS AND ABILITY TO TIE THEM ALL TOGETHER AND PROCEED WITH A GOOD STORY. TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Truly impressive writing and conception

It really is a shame that we can not drink at this fountain every day, but then it would be prohibited by those who need us staying alive. We thank DQS1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
don't count your chickens....

Debbie is a lot of things.... many unpleasant, however, I wouldn't count her out. IF she grows the fuck up and learns to fight for someone, rather, than delighting over having men fight over her......Well, that is an uphill fight, however, redemption should be a battle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Your still trying to find a

way to get Bill and Debbie back together and not have the readers raise all kinds of a fuss about it. The last few chapters seem to just be hold everything in place and have not advance the story one bit. I have finally had enough of it. With the six month wait and it is still not going anywhere I will pass on the rest. You have to keep your readers interested if you want to keep them.

SC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Finally!

Been waiting for another chapter a looong time, thanks for not abandoning us :)

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
Yes, the writting is brilliant, technically, but the story is mediocre...

Sure, it has lots of twists and turns, melodrama, and cliff hanging scenes, but it just never really goes anywhere, except in circles. This story has more tangential scenes than any story I have ever read. There is so much repetition of the same content simply presented and then presented again by a string of characters. A good editor could cut the length at least in half without losing anything at all.

There is no real theme, nothing learned except the stuff one finds in the soaps. The popularity of this go nowhere story underlines the reason some soaps last forever keep certain kinds of people on the hook and they will come back for more regardless of how mindless the stuff is. Is this a literary novel, a mystery, a romance novel, porn, an action adventure, a thriller? No, its none of these, because it simply is what it is a soap.

I keep reading because the writing itself is wonderful, and I want to see if somehow DQS will wake up and take this somewhere, or if, as I predict, it will finally cave in on itself because a soap will not last forever on Literotica. Either the writer will give up and close it, disapper, or the audience will slowly die away.

DQS obviously works hard on his craft. It shows in the way the writing sparkles, but for all his effort, he cannot seem to improve the most basic elements of making a story as great the technical writing. Yet, on the other hand, people make gobs of money writing soaps. If DQS really wants to become a professional writer, he should apply to the right place. I think he could be a star.

grogers7grogers7about 13 years ago
You're Good, DQS1

I am chuckling here at how good you are: The story was going down a path to banality; I was thinking it might not be worth following the story, but worth reading your writing. Now this artful chapter reveals more of the main characters, and it builds tension and interest that I want resolved in further chapters. So... now I am waiting -- again! And if past is prologue, I will have to wait both for 6C and then 6D, at least. Rats.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
More than Worth the Wait

Others will better praise DQS's work and talent - both are reasons to be thankful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Finally

It has been a long wait for 6B. Pls be more prolific.

And hopefully Debbie will never get Bill back. This beach and whore never deserved him and this kind of ending wiold destroy yr entire novel.

So, pls consider the ending where Bill is happy in his new life and whore Debbie is miserable, the only ending she deserves.

Regards,

al18@sympatico.ca

P.S. Forgot my password, forced to comment as Anonymous

orefinnorefinnabout 13 years ago
Worth the long wait!

Thank you for another entertaining chapter! I have come to feel I know the characters and could easily recognize them if I met them in real life. Whatever inspires you to write, I hope it stays with you.

Perhaps those who are so impatient should try inserting the time and effort it takes to create something of this quality into their life. It would be interesting how many pages they would develop in what amount of time.

As always looking forward to the next chapter(s) when they come our way!

Orefinn

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 13 years ago
With Aline being history,perhaps he will find that Myra is someone he can use to torture Debbie with.

Another good chapter with many good side stories becoming prominent.

I still don't see any sympathy for Debbie happening anywhere in the near future.

Thanks for the read.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 13 years ago
The story does not move forward

There were just three revelations in this chapter

1. Deb Finally sleeps with Clint

2. AOD starts a relationship with another woman with heavy baggage

3. Aline's Husband becomes jealous of AOD.

Honestly, this was not worth the wait. Your writing is excellent, but the story has stagnated... it is like watching Santa Barbara or Bold and the Beautiful in slow motion!

RehnquistRehnquistabout 13 years ago
What Scares Me . . .

Is that little nuggets of possibilities are thrown into the mix almost continuously. For example, Debbie has betrayed him about as badly as a wife can betray a husband, but this could still go toward reconciliation. Aline left him to go back to her husband, but Phillipe now has problems with her--apparently open marriage sanctioned--affair with Bill, as a result of which she may be coming back. Now Myra, who we learn has never had an affair with The Bossman--which makes her, in my book, the only redeemable female character in this story who fits well with Bill--is in the picture, but it will take time to play out.

While all of this is going on, of course, Clint is now taking off, again leaving Debbie alone and pining away for what she brutally and callously gave up. Bill still has a few trials coming up that were raised several chapters back that could again endanger his life and that of his family. The old gangster is now actively covering his back from a hit squad that's on the horizon. And, if DQS's intro to the very first chapter is to be believed, this is somehow going to wrap up in 10 chapters when we're already (apparently) at least halfway through chapter 6?

I'll say this: In addition to the consistently superb writing, the tension has been ratcheted up to ridiculous levels.

How the hell do you do it?

pkmapkmaabout 13 years ago
Great job again

Your writing brings every scene alive for us to watch. Bravo again.

I will anxiously await with everyone else for the story to continue. The quality of your story and your character development has me invested in this tale in ways I didn't expect.

kcfrankkcfrankabout 13 years ago
Don't keep us waiting.

If your going to keep this going, it would help to speed up your submissions. I almost didn't read this because it has been so long since your last chapter.

Luckily for you it was good enough to keep the emotional roller coaster going and me wanting to get back on for another thrill ride.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago

We removed the tension of the 'you're fired' scene.

And now with the introduction of The Old Man (who seemed to pop out of nowhere. How many magical bad guys protect this prosecutor? What you needed to do was tie the head chopper to The Old Man somehow to make it credible), we are setting the stage for Bill to face the Cartel, which is the next tense point. One assumes that the denumout of his legal and social life will reach a cresendo then.

Debbie is alone again. And Bill is at the point where he is picking up women without needing to gesture. Her head is slowly unscrewing from her ass and she's not liking the new view.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
However, to be fair

DSQ1 at least hinted that there were some heavy hitters who wouldn't mind buying his soul for a few favors. It wasn't TOTALLY out of left field, but I wish the motive had been a bit more plausible. Because someone who was that successful would be more of a Kaiser Sorze from 'The Usual Suspects' and less of 'Don Corleone.' But it could be a bit of both.

The foreshadowing isn't bad. I gave it 4 for it's brevity and inordinatant amount of filler.

The most enjoyable part of the story, at this point, was Debbie getting fucked over. Feeling the raw contempt from the police, which somehow overwhelmed her breastmagic must have been something. Add to that the hospital phone call and losing her best friend to a shallow grave in Africa and she's had better weeks.

One thing that strikes me NOW, but not when I read it was Clint. Knowing Debbie and her fears, I'm a bit surprised he went into such graphic details about his leaving.

sabajones623sabajones623about 13 years ago
seriously...

My heart literally jumped in my chest when I saw you put another chapter up DQS... I love the wild ride, no matter where it takes me, and my only wish is that you would submit a little more quickly. Once every 3 months just isn't enough!

SteinermanSteinermanabout 13 years ago
Questionable

I read it, but frankly, it doesn't grab me like it used to. Way too much time between chapters to keep me interested like it first did.

Senrab13Senrab13about 13 years ago
THANKS

As usual, my first act upon firing up the PC was checking for an update. So, THANKS for another outstanding effort. But, if we are forced to wait months again for another update, I'm sending you my frustration via mental telepathy.

Just kidding; thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
funny

I love the last sentences where a selfish asshole all of sudden has self-pity

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
great, as usual

The wait between chapters is too long, but oh boy what a good story. Great arc, imagination and narrative. You have a real talent....thanks and keep them coming

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 13 years ago
OK, But please explain...

how the murdering son of the millionaire, and all the other teases, will show up again. You have left too many open avenues to persue to be anywhere ready to finish the story.

Greybear42Greybear42about 13 years ago
I was starting to wonder if it would ever get here

Love the story cant wait to see where the ride takes the characters

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Yeay

I was hoping Bill wasn't dead and here we are! Well done as usual DQS although, I will have to look back to recall who the mysterious old man is... It's been a while. Thanks for continuing this fine novel. It would be okay if Bill wins back the crushed and remorseful Debbie, although seeing fail without Bill is good too. Still looking for some pissed off kids too, pretty sure most kids wouldn't tolerate Debbies behaviour.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
good story

about time, always a good story. Actually feel sorry for the selfish bitch.Please don't take as long with the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
wow

wow is there noone she will not sleep with and no woman who is is not after bill, gets boring and stupid and too dragged out.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
Excellent continuation, not unexpected!

This story moves slowly but it is packed with sub-stories. However, in this chapter there is only one major story and it's very positive for Bill Maitland. First, Bill's alive without having suffered any major injuries at the shoot out at the EOP. Second, Bill can be well assured that beautiful women want him for more than conversations or one nights stands. Debbie is seemingly interested in remaining close to Bill, for the sake of their joining together as parents to Kelly and BJ, but also - though Debbie seems to be unable to striaght out say it to Bill - because she really still loves him just as she had after they met at UF and during the first ten years of their marriage. Debbie claims that her love for Bill NOW is not the same TYPE of love she had for him during those first ten years of marriage, yet the way she carries on after she hears the one sided phone conversation between Bill and Aline and after seeing Bill with her rival, Myra Martinez, the reader gains the impressions that Debbie doesn't wants part of Bill, she wants all of him to herself.

While Bill is on easy street having re-secured his job at the courthouse and his friendship with his boss, Attorney General Austin Edwards Beyond this, he's now painted as a hero by the media worldwide given his strong stand in the Shane Smith murder case Additionally, public opinion is in his favor in the Afro-American community.

By contrast, Debbie isn't growing any younger; and she is frustrated by the fact that she cannot keep a man: she lost Bill, then she lost Doug and now she might loss Clint Abbott who plans to go to Africa on a dangerous mission that might provide him material for a best selling novel - but might also result in Debbie's not seeing Clint again.

brujaybrujayabout 13 years ago
A Conundrum..............?

poorrichard nailed it: We all LOVE the story and HATE the wait. Not really a puzzle, but still...............

Please hurry with the next chapter if at all possible. Just remember: don't let your real life get in the way of our personal enjoyment.

But seriously, thank you for sharing your marvelous story.

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 13 years ago
He's back

Loved it, even if it opened more doors than closed them!

You really can write, and I enjoyed every paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

This was well worth the wait. I don't know if it was intended but Debbie is getting hers but not from Bill, but from life. I also don't have any trouble if they got back together, but I suspect you have more interesting things in mind for all concerned. I look forward to reading about it. This story is simply...special.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Only you---DanielQSteele1---could take Bill to the pits of hell and certain death and...

Resurect the Angel of Death and line him up with the fabulous Myra. I can't wait till Bill gets his first ride. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Worth the wait

Was about to go to the gym when I saw you finally posted another chapter, so I took a shower, grabbed a beer and enjoyed a great piece of writing. As everyone else will say "hope we don't have to wait too long for another chapter"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It is like a soap...

...but still good writing. Yes, the wait is wayyyyyyy too long. Yes, Debbie is beginning to get hers. Yes, Bill came out of the dark smelling like roses. But the story progression is glacial. If a book, then we wouldn't have to wait months for each chapter.

Perhaps, all the emotional atmospherics are necessary to make the reconciliation pack the punch needed after 10 chapters.

Anyway, I'll read the next one.

double_oh_sevendouble_oh_sevenabout 13 years ago
Too long a wait

Well written, as is usual. But, is this the Florida version of Days of Our Lives?

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 13 years ago
Another Well-Crafted Chapter

You have given greater depth to your primary characters and let the chapters come together in a manner that Charles Dickens would appreciate. Those hunting for a 'wham-bam-thankyou mam" will not find it here. Please let us know if you ever publish books under this or any other name.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Still enjoying the story

Jerry in Washington state, USA - Yes, I hate waiting such a long time between chapters, but I do enjoy your story and am still very interested about the next chapter ... and the next ... and the next. I enjoyed how you handled Bill being shot and his recovery. I had guessed that was about the only way the shooting could turn out. I look forward to Bill and Myra and whatever else comes up in Bill's life. You still have me guessing about how much Aline will appear in Bill's future. I still have no desire to read about Debbie - I continue to feel that she deserves every bit of pain and suffering she experiences. Thanks for such an enjoyable chapter - I'll probably reread it a few times before the next chapter appears.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 13 years ago
No one can question your skills as a writer.

I am beginning to question the plot, however. Everything is very well done, but something is missing, and I lack the skills to identify it. I loved the TV show "24" with Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer. This reminds me of that show. What is a dire problem in one episode is a faint memory in the next. The characters are coming and going. I did not know what cops were at the shoot out or even why they were there. The problem may well be me and not the story, but it is so convoluted with so many characters larger than life, many with tits larger than life, that I am floundering here. Add the time between stories into the mix and you have created at least one reader that simply does not know what to think. Some of the joy is gone. I do know that. I do not look for chapters any longer, but I will read every one you post. What does that mean? It probably means that you are a true master and this grasshopper is unworthy.

katibkatibabout 13 years ago
Let down...

I agree with Deckview's comments. Quality writing that goes in circles without much of interest--compared with the brilliant chapters leading up to this one. My hope is that 6B is a sort of resting place before Bill and assorted characters get back into something interesting again. I know the author can do it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Constructive comment

In my opinion, the first thing you want in a story is a good, strong character that you like. In Angels, Demons, and Alex that everyone liked, the main characters were likable, but especially admirable. In this story Debby is a slut and behaves abominably. Her husband is not particularly likable, although we sympathize with him. But he's been a lousy husband and father. Even Aline cheats on her husband and he on her. Finally in the 6th chapter we get a new love interest, but we hardly know her. So there isn't really anyone that you can identify with. It's hard to care about the characters when you see all the faults. Debby is jealous of her husband and yet says she no longer loves him. Well, the only thing that could redeem this story is if somehow there were a transformation and both Debby and the main character would somehow change and get back together. But with all the fore shadowing the author makes it clear that this is not going to happen. But if it doesn't, we'll have spent a lot of time with characters we don't particularly like, vicariously felt their pain, and then in the end realize that there wasn't any one that we liked. Even Bill Mailands greatest virtue, his dedication to his job and his uncorruptibility, while admirable, does not make him likable. So we'll end the story liking no one. It's hard to succeed when that happens.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 13 years ago
Have you ever read "Gravity's Rainbow"?

Well, it confused the shit out of me too! I don't think you are as weird as Thomas Pynchon, but the plot in this tale is damned near as confusing as his "plotless horseshit". My English Professors at a fine eastern university considered him to be one of the greatest literary geniuses that ever lived. I just couldn't see it. Perhaps, I am that clueless after all.

In any case, I'll keep reading to see where you finally takes us.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 13 years ago
Back to Five Stars

I was disappointed in the last chapter, but this one seems to be back in stride somehow. The comments about the lack of likability of the characters are valid, however, I can't help but like Maitland - he's a flawed person but, as pointed out in this chapter, he pulled himself out of the pit and he's a good man in spite of himself. Hope we don't have to wait as long for the next installment.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
Jacksonville, we have a problem!!

So the result of the cliffhanger turns out to be that DQS1 is able to get the story back into the mode where apparently he is most comfortable having it. He has Bill and Debbie set back up to dance around each other and their history for several more chapters, throwing jabs back and forth at each other like a “Leonard vs. Hearns” fight. Several new and exciting sub-plots are keyed up. So we are good on that front. The story (or the “spine of the story”) has not really moved forward at all so the commenting assassins are held at bay sitting in their respective trenches, one side guarding against the dreaded RAAC and the other side just as alert to attack any movement in the opposite direction.

I don’t want to commit blaspheme by saying it but this chapter kind of seemed like it was “off the cuff” to me. I do not want to believe that DQS1 wanted to put the story right back into the circle that it has been in since last summer (in our time, not WWWM’s time.). If he did that just to get something out to satisfy his audience, I would have rather he had waited a couple of more months. The problem with writing a story with a plot that stays in a constant circle is that inevitably it spirals down.

I was hoping after the last chapter that the story might be changing up a bit. This chapter is a let down because it has gone right back to the same old, same old. The circular plot is just plain getting stale.

Deckview's comment was right on.

rothltdoadrothltdoadabout 13 years ago
Honest

I couldnt read all the comments. Too many stupid over analitical asses for me. I love a good stroy with a lot of twists and turns. Any experienced reader does aand yea U get 5 from me. Good work and I don't know why that one comment said we didn't know debbie hell she has been in and out ot the scenes all along. God give me a break from dim witted asses.

Thanks a bunch I know its hard work to make this complex a story work but I still wish I could read it a little faster. I have to re read the prior chapter each time to be sure I have all the context I need.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Never read a story until it's completed

Judging from the comments this one should be interesting. Please note when the final chapter is written with a "The End". Thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 13 years ago
GOOD STORY

There have been several comments about the soap opera nature of the story... And truth be told those points are valid. But on the other hand this story has been going on for a rather long period of time that anybody who's been reading it knows what to expect in the sort of story from THIS author.

We know that each new chapter is going to have all sorts of subplots twists and turns. We know that things are going to go back and forth without a dramatic move chords a final conclusion.

So while the point about this being a the soap opera IS valid... I'm not sure why anybody is complaining about THAT given how long this story has been going on. I know that when I read the latest installment of WWWM... that this is exactly what I can expect.

With regard to the actual story itself I am pleased that BILL was able to keep in mind the pain and humiliation that Debbie caused him. Every time he started to feel a little bit of sympathy towards Debbie BILL was able to call up her actions and behavior to strengthen his resolve.

Debbie however as a person still has a very long way to go.

She fondly reminisces about DOUG and his super duper COCK but she goes into a spasm sof rage and jealousy when BILL begins to hook up with Myra . Debbie's reaction shows that she is still fucked up.

She is jealous NOT because she wants Bill back.... but because IF Bill is able to hook up with Myra and they develop a sexual and emotional relationship then the trump card that Debbie has -- hey Bill look at my fabulous perfect Tits and ass -- can no longer be played . Bill will not ever get lonely enough to chase Debbie.

When you think about it that's still pretty twisted.

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't make us wait so long. personally, I had to go back to the last chapter and read it so I could absorb and enjoy this chapter.

Obviously, you are going to keep this Novella going until either Bill is resettled, moved up to Ed's job, engaged and/or accepts a key position elsewhere and the story concludes. I won't suggest all that can happen from there but I do believe Bill will be the one to bring all facets of this story to a comfortable conclusion.

By the way...I am still an Aline fan and if you read all your fan comments you will find that I once told you the difference between European culture, sophistication, aloofness about relationships and the American psyche. Aline's husband wants his cake and eat it too, he knows Bill's personality and plays it to his advantage so...Aline - for me, YES!

Myra, out of the clear blue, you throw her candidacy in as though Bill should have had feelings (not thoughts) about her all along.

Well, so many twists, a good read, sell it to Hollywood!

Thanks!!!

jasonnhjasonnhabout 13 years ago
Solid addition

I liked this chapter and it brought a conclusion to several running issues. The issue with prosecuting a cop has been resolved and in doing it made things good with his boss again. It also raised Bill to almost saintlike levels. Once again he was proven right even though almost everyone stood against him. Now he is redeemed. That wasn't easy to do. It took a creative plot and good characters to make that work comfortably. <br><br>

Also we finally get resolution with Debbie and Aline. This was the perfect chance to reconnect with Debbie and yet Bill remembers why he can't. Finally!! I also agree with Harry, Debbie is pretty screwed up. She's pissed because he's having coffee with Myra? I made a comment in the past that Debbie places all her self esteem in the size of her tits. She's a cartoon character. She has these moments of of being a real person and then she does dopey stuff like in Starbucks. I'm surprised they didn't whip out their tits to compare. Sheesh! And they talk about guys. I'm not sure what we are supposed to think of Debbie and I'm not sure the author does either. For this reason, I think she is a weak and inconsistent character. <br><br>

Aline walked out of Bill's life. No problem there. But now, what? Her hubby is a bit of an ass. He can screw around with people they know but she can't? Aline was playing with fire and she knew it. She and her hubby had an open marriage, BUT then again did they? In any case, Bill seems to have reached the conclusion to move on. Good for him. Of course if he connects to Myra and Aline shows up on his doorstep in a few months, what would he do?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Interesting eposide to the saga but...

"unfortunately" we have the delusional shoe's whimpering of a sad commentary on how "poor saint-Debbie" is going to be alone for a long time. Oh,sigh & anguish!! Not like the slut deserves it but lol...

Ok, moronic Shoe - get on a board with the fact that the slut has moved on long ago and is destined to screw some more pathetic male idiots over as she pollutes & brain-washes the mind-set of Kelly [already following in her mother's footsteps] & BJ who has come to comprehend the slut-attributes of being exposed to a slut role-model.

In other words, get off your soap-box and get back under the rock that you escaped from. Take your meds, so you do not mistakenly breed some skank or infect the other fags you are abusing & spread those defective genes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Outstanding

DQS...you are one of the best writers on Lit...together with a select few you make my time on this site most enjoyable.

I thank you for continuing to battle aginst the flow of others saying "hurry up" but without doubt, that too can be seen as a compliment as that indicates they want/need/have to read more of your fantasitc writing.

Thanks.

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Another awesome installment!

I've checked this website for each new chapter almost every day, and again you do not disappoint!

It seems like this might be the final chapter, but I implore you to continue this story! Aline is still a maybe, Myra is a new love interest, Officer James is still in the hospital and many other loose ends I'd like to see tied.

Zeede

P.S. Add me in as another vote for Aline :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
"Angel of Death"?

really? how much you going to stretch it?

it is starting to annoy me, what angle of death? all i remember is that he already had proof, (collected by someone) that does not make you a good lawyer, you just have good staff working for you, i have seen enough lawyers to know that, good lawyers are player with word, getting words out of you even if you dont want to tell, on top of that you are stretching it too much.

And people who think "Loving Someone" and "Being in Love" are two different things? these are definitions created by coward people, who don't want to admit it that they are not worth of loving. These people make one mistake and spend their half life searching for people they can fall "in love" ignoring people who love them, and when they "THiNK" they found, they take them for granted, and loose them and again have a statement prepared, "We just fell out of Love".

the thing is when you take love for granted that is end of it(and mind here, only people who think they are "in love", take love for granted), while brave (and realistic) people learn to love, and appreciate all the love around them, the only key for them , here is, "Learn to Love" and never take love for granted. these people spend their whole life happily, with only love (same LOVE the people in first category only dream for, and fall in and fall out number of times, and they have nerve to tell people(2nd category) that they are wasting their life, without someone "THE ONE", how pathetic that could be)

you can make anyone fall in love with you, all you need is to just TRY. stop bullshit. other wise dont cry.

this was my take on author's thinking, not on story, he seems to be very much concerned about "Loving" and In "LOVE", read it and learn something, your life will be easier.

And i noticed that all the people who write cuckwriter(at any level, like MattMoreau, Britease, DQS) all are single/no answer you will see in their story, they always seemed to blame nature or other people for what happening to hero.(thinking power, physical strength, or money can buy you love) . you know why are they single? i rally have no idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
still great

You warned about some delay in posting but you really took your time. That said, the writing is great as usual. And I'm not the only one to acknowledge this. Most comments contain this praise. However, the complaints are more or less the same : too long a wait between chapters and the "drive" in the story gone by "turning in circles". I can't express it good enough if this is a general feeling but, where I used to scan the new stories first to look for a new chapter, this time I felt like "it will be there some day" and, when I saw it yesterday and that there were 5 pages, surprisingly, I couldn't bring myself to read it at once but decided to keep it for today. In fact, and even with the current status where it could go any direction, if the story were to end here, I could say with no regrets "OK, that was a great story". ***** Of course, I will continue to read when new chapters are posted, but I no longer seem to feel this urge from the beginning. Is it the time this is dragging out? Is it because of the stalling? I don't know. But I know me and I think I said it before, if I have a good book, I want to finish it in one go. If there's a great story like this one, I will have to re-read it again when it's completed. Only then, I think, will I/you be able to appreciate this story to it's full potential.

RedbeakRedbeakabout 13 years ago
I admire your imagination . . .

. . . and your ability to create a cliff-hanging ending to each episode. But there has been a corresponding loss of plausibility compared to the earlier chapters, in which the characters and plot-lines were much more believable and realistic. Essentially this story has turned into a soap opera with tits.

Still, I have to keep reading . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I don't know how you do it, such good writing, and so consistant at that...

damn, I love reading your work :)

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 13 years ago
Open marriage, mistresses, and discretion

Aline presents an interesting perspective rarely seen in American fiction. We (Americans) are often quick to point at people and say "hypocrite" when their lives and theie professed value systems are not in alignment. On asomewhat related note, we are prone to make binary choices (yes/no) rather than focus on complexities and nuances.

I don't want to over-generalize, but there is a strand of French, and arguably European, history and literature that tolerates and/or celebrates the mistress as a role in society. Since the same society celebrates traditional Christianity (traditional marriage and marital fidelity), an essential element is required to make these competing practices work. That essential element is DISCRETION.

Aline's problem with her husband is likely that she vas violated the *discretion* part of the unspoken agreement. She has violated it in two ways: 1) she has spoken of her affair with Philippe (her husband); and 2) she has had an affair with someone Philippe knows -- and respects. These breaches of discretion have made the activities "real". She has removed the fig leaf of "plausible deniability" that such conduct (nuanced? hypocritical?) requires.

That is the source of her husband's anger. Yes, they've both been playing around (committing adultery), but *she* has taken it to a new level by being indiscreet; that breaks the rules, so to speak.

StangStar06StangStar06about 13 years ago
I'm speechless!!

As usual, I read it two or three times to really get a feeling for this new chapter. I always go back to previous chapters to compare it to, because outside of Rehnquist's work there's really nothing else here that compares. There is so much here to talk about. First of course I love any mention of Aline, but this chapter finds me going back to reread previous Myra sightings, I think I liked her for a while and didn't realize it. Now I have a full on woody for her. You also showed a different side of Debbie, but she just ruined it by going back to her true nature. If she had just admitted that she was jealous, and what she really wants, I'd be willing to give her another chance but she's just an insecure, vulnerable woman with delusions of grandeur hiding behind a big chest. She seems to be constantly finding men who leave her after getting their fill of fucking her. They seem to realize that the sex is all there is. The only one of the guys she's been with from the start of this story who actually cared about her was Bill, and she constantly alienates him.

Bill on the other hand seems to be truly looking for someone to replace her, but he wants a full and committed relationship. The way you flesh out the characters each time makes them seem so real, that I can see them breathing. The 2 new characters the old man and the woman who leaves flowers behind her make me want to know more about them. Another excellent job, and very much worth waiting for.

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Outstanding

I laughed and later got tears in my eyes. The scene with the cappucino and Myra was priceless because you have such a gift for dialog and using words to set a scene just like I was standing there watching. The end of the story was probably perfect and I will leave it there.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 13 years ago
Thanks

Well worth waiting for!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
It Takes Genius

to introduce what is essentially a very simple thesis and then keep all (most, since Harry is still around) of us spellbound with various permutations on this ages old human failure. DQ, your mind is so fertile that I am beginning to think of it as possibly being sneaky, but keep on writing, because your readers must be numbering in the hundreds now.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
What are the chances for a reuniting of Debbie and Bill?

Many dedicated readers believe that in the end Debbie and Bill will reunite. DQS hints at this, but he also brings Aline back in the story. With Aline, if this evolves into more than a telephone call to an injured past lover, as it probably will, Bill will be delighted. And then the mysterious Myra Martinez finally has entered the story as a potential replacement for Debbie or Aline. She's a mystery women outside the courthouse to us readers. We know Myra's physically endowed and a top notch administrative assistant to Attorney General, Austin Edwards, but what else can DQS tell us about her if she is to enter Bill's life. For example, how old is she, is she Hispanic, does she workout like Debbie does, does she come with baggage and if so what kind? We don't know for sure how she and Bill would be together, but we do know she has a pretty good understanding of what his motives for being a state attorney are, and what Bill's job entails. She understands why Bill works so hard, whereas Debbie, though quite bright about many things, appears not to. Debbie is now the Debbie that married Bill in 1985 not the Debbie of the past 4 years or so. Thanks to Dr. Teller, she's becoming free of the power her late Aunt Clarice had over her. Debbie's current views regarding Bill are more in line with those she had early in their marriage.

DQS, you've got a story here to remember. In addition to the courtroom scenes with Bill prosecuting the member of the Mexican Cartel which are upcoming, you might provide us with clues as to Bill's feelings toward each of the above mentioned women, as he is coming to know Aline better, beginning to know Myra and the New Debbie. I realize that Bill may never marry again, but he will require a "main" lady in his life nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
When we were waiting.....

You have teased us again. Please don't make us wait as long for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Could you kindly

Write an automobile accident into the story that will kill this Debbie character? Too stupid of a woman for being such an intelligent person.

You know like the soaps, when a character has gone too insanely outrageous as to no longer be relevant to the plot they so kindly kill off the character?

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 13 years ago
It may not be the feelings you intend to evoke...

but I feel for each of the characters main to your story. My only request is that you keep writing.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I'll be back...

... in a year or two. Reading a chapter every 2-4 months has grown old. I can no longer invest the time in stories that drag on forever. There is one I started in 2004 that is still in process. Not anymore.

It is a great story, I just need to be able to finish it in a reasonable time frame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Still not taking responsibility?

"In the darkness she wept quietly for everything that had been lost." It wasn't lost, it was thrown aside, callously and contemptuously. I'm an old man, will I live long enough to see Debbie actually, finally, take responsibility for her actions? Only DQS1 knows, and I don't want to interrupt his writing to ask. Thank you for sharing, and I look forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
1 star as usual.

See you again in 6 months when you crap out your next chapter. I expect it will be in Sci-Fi/Fantasy at that point, with all the wizards and shit you're putting into the story now.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 13 years ago
My two cents

Just some echoes. Still great writing. Getting longer and longer between chapters. Otherwise, a lot of fun to read. Thank you.

Sidney43Sidney43about 13 years ago
Addendum

After reflecting on this chapter and reading the comments, I think an additional thought on Aline is due.

Phillipe is upset with Aline not because she had an affair, which heretofore was primarily his half of the marriage, but because she fell in love with Bill. He knows it, whether she actually told him or not. That rocked his boat because she violated the terms of their unspoken arrangement. Phillipe does not know what to do, so he has closed himself off from Aline, as she stated in the phone call. I would not be at all surprised to see Aline show up at Bill's doorstep in some future chapter, because the cracks are definitely in the foundation of their marriage.

Ani100Ani100about 13 years ago
Long time to write

First … It takes a lot of time to plot plan and flesh out a story. You set a standard and congratulations for not buckling to the pressure, dropping the standard to make a fictional deadline. I totally understand the frustrations of those commenting that they want more faster, faster, faster, but this is a labor of love, writing such a tome, and live continues around you and we should all understand that it sometimes isn't possible to put everything on hold to sate the whim of us readers.

On a lighter note. Like your protagonist I let myself go, working to hard, not exercising - sports injury to knee - and having recovered from the latest operation decided to buy an exercise bike (doctors recommendation that that was about all my knee could take) to make the work-outs go easier I bought some TV show DVDs, I was watching "Chuck" season 3 episode 3 … "Chuck versus La Angel de la Muerte" I laughed out loud!

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
Bill's a busy attorney; he need to pick his (permanent) women soon

This story is addicting to me. I have commented already and will just make a statement here. Bill is a busy man who soon will be the prosecuting attorney concerning a member of the Mexican Cartel. Bill probably will become a busier man if Austin Edwards becomes Governor of Florida, and Bill runs for Attorney General on a winning ticket with Edwards.

Bill needs a "primary lady" in his life. One who will be a positive addition and will do him no harm or create any major distractions; One that understands and appreciates what he does and why he does it. There are at this point 3 candidates he can choose from: Debbie his ex wife of nearly 20 years, Aline, a romantic French gal who loves him very much but has a husband and son in France.

1) Debbie we all know is a lot into herself. Her physical attributes are well known. Bill is finding it difficult to forget and forgive her entirely for the manner in which she treated Bill by turning her back on him at the fight on the UNF campus and her also replacing him in his own home and bed by Debbie's new, young boy-toy, Doug. Bill sure as hell didn't turn his back on Debbie that night in 1985 at the frat house at UF! Anyway, because of Bill's anger and also Debbie's previous problem with her anger, if Bill and Debbie were to reconciled, they should seek extensive counseling with Dr. Teller whom has counseled both of them previously. Otherwise, just having two kids to rise together may not be enough for a new Bill/Debbie beginning.

2) Aline and her husband (Phillipp) are not getting along well but the situation might change. For it to be Aline would probably require that she have custody of her son (Andre) for at least the better part of each year, something that could be blocked by Phillipp.

3) This leaves Myra who Bill knows from the courthouse and who was mentioned by Austin Edwards as a person he might consider to fill the vacancy in his life. Myra is pleasing to look at (just like Aline and Debbie)and she's intelligent having worked effectively with attorney general Edwards. But what is she like away from the courthouse? DQS hasn't told us much about her, but I guess we'll find out in the next chapter. The incident at Starbucks with her "trick" concerning the cream on Bill's lips was really a pleasing introduction to Myra's "other side." I feel that Myra Martinez could be a refreshing addition to Bill's life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I won't be surprized

if in next chapter a new paragraph starts with: "Ohhhhhhhh yeah, that's it fuck me, fuck me hard, oh my goddddd you are awesome." and the cock fucking Debbie is attached to, any guesses? None other than................Dr.Teller. He is the only man left to get the taste of Debbie's sacred pussy and milk tankers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank you

I am really enjoying your story and think a book should be in your future.

cal6009cal6009about 13 years ago
Do you remember when The Great Pretender (“DQS1")....

started introducing characters from previous submissions into WWWM? Many of us were very excited about this development, because the integration of these characters potentially could elevate WWWM to an epic of JACKSONVILLE proportions. Unfortunately these characters seem to disappear soon after their introduction, except good old Lew.

So, what happened DQS!, did Rehnquist steal your thunder by introducing characters from other submissions and making them an integral part of the storyline; OR was it simply your intent to introduce prior characters as props. A betting person would say the latter. Way to go Rehnquist; you have outdone the GREAT PRETENDER AGAIN!! I previously noted that WWWM was a mere SOAP OPERA. Regrettably, I was in error. Soaps are very good at forming unions, dissolving unions, and reforming unions involving non-blood related family members, and friends in endless combinations. This is what gives them their longevity. WWWM certainly does not have this quality. You keep adding episode after episode of circular disjointed descriptions of the activities and thoughts of the two main characters who should have been put to rest some time ago.

End this charade, DQS1, and caulk it up as an experiment that give you the opportunity to learn some valuable lessons.

obtusemanobtusemanabout 13 years ago
wow, cal6009, that was a little harsh ! Praise in Rehnquist's comments is one thing;

though, the condemnation here is unnecessary and unwarranted. DQS has written a wonderful story. It might not be progressing as quickly as we might like but beggars can't be choosers. How many free things do you receive that offer the entertainment that Literotica has offered through writers such as DQS and Rehnquist?

Their compensation? Exactly! Not damned by faint praise- Condemned. I am not a writer. If I was, I could not write at this level.

Personally, I'm thrilled that so many excellent authors share their works with us. DQS is one of the best.

DQS thank you again.

juderboyjuderboyabout 13 years ago
I didn't see most of this chapter coming!!

I was expecting the shootings and emotions for Debbie to change about Bill. But this was a wonderful way to twist some excitement back into this story. God please don't listen to any buushit about your work. Just please hurry up and get your fan the next chapter. I love this story.

I was so glad you did not put Bill and Debbie back together, at least not yet.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 13 years ago
Liked it.

I like that you did take the time to show how Bill and Debbie are still different. Bill is patient, and courts a woman, and Debbie seems to go with what she needs at the moment. The two may have feelings for each other, but it is never going to work.

Please keep writing. You have a knack of pushing the emotions, while keeping the plot moving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Stop Right Now!!

I think this story should stop with this submission. Both major protagonists are where they need to be: Bill has started a very promising relationship with the one person he has always wanted to know; Debbie has realized that she gave it all up for nothing! Leave it right there. Isaac

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
DQS1 Finished?????

just to let you know DQS1 that you missed the boat: this is a beautiful story but because you have chosen to bring in the new capters so long apart it just loses its beauty.

perhaps you have writers block, perhaps you have lost your way, perhaps you just want to drag this out, but please note you have lost many readers as your fans. we just cannot be bothered to wait for you to add a new capter. i just think, why bother???? the essence of this story has been lost and your avid readers (me being one of them) choose to follow other writers instead of wait on you .

Basically you lost us because you cannot be deliver and in the end this is what counts.

You took a FRESH story and messed it up!

You are a great writer but you lost your way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Where is this going?

Now we have saint woman with super natural powers growing flowers with her feets. It's turning into Sci-fi, non-human story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks

I felt left hanging after finishing 16a. Thank you for winding up at least this part of this excellent story.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 13 years ago
Damn!!

This story was so riveting that I couldn't wait to get home from work to read more!!!

I was wondering what would happen to Bill, and I STILL wonder what's going to happen to Debbie.

Will Debbie find true love again? Will Bill find true love with Myra or will Aline come back? Will Debbie & Bill get back together after having been free of each other for a long time???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Story is dead

Dont understand what you guys are looking here ofr, story is dead, no suspense, no reconcilation. And you people sitteng and waiting for next chapter just like those housewives wating for stupid tv shows. So far it had been dissapointment to me, but now i dont have any expectations.

best of luck.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
This story is worth waiting for ............................

............................. although it is hell waiting for the next installment. But taken as a whole this is the best of the best as published or posted anywhere!

Taken as a random example I submit the the following from the closing to Chapter 6B:

"She'd always had men in her life, attracted them without effort. And now the man she'd loved for half her life was in another bed, the man she'd left her husband for was halfway across the country, and a man who was probably the best friend, male or female, that she'd ever had was going to go off a half world away and get himself killed.

In the darkness she wept quietly for everything that had been lost and would be lost."

Great story, great balance, and it's worth waiting for the next chapter. Note that while DQS takes long to post his next chapter(s), he writes longer chapters. This one is 5 pages whereas Chapter 6A is about 8 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good for you Bartolo!

DQS1 wouldn’t be THE GREAT PRETENDER (Cal6009's label) were it not for readers like you!!

If what you say is shared by most readers -- i.e, “But taken as a whole this is the best of the best as published or posted anywhere!”–Then how do you explain the appearance of the first chapter of WWWM ( Chapter 6A) at #26 (of most popular ALL TIME) of the TOP RATED STORIES in THE LOVING WIVES CATEGORY.

bartolobartoloabout 13 years ago
WWWM could turn some readers off

Good question directed at me. I realized that what you say is very true. Perhaps his story is not number 1 or (number 10 or 25 for that matter) because his writing is a stage more complex than some of the 25 other more popular stories. Though I have no explanation. I don't think people would count the days since the last submission in a story series by many other authors.

Another author that posts in Loving Wives" that I think is better than he's given credit for is K.K.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 13 years ago
For Bartolo

Bart, I do like your style but I think your remark was somewhat condescending. A person does not need an advanced degree to know what they like or dislike. Perhaps more germane to the scoring system would be the OTT scores given some stories, especially the earlier ones. I feel someone found a way to manipulate the scores back in the day (2002). <P>

Jenny

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Too bad

I was hoping our "The Angel of Death" will prosecute Ossama Bin Laden and Al-Queda people going after him, giving Debbie more sleepless nights, dark circles, and blue boobs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
@Anon 5/3/11 - Good one

If you are arguing about Writing Skills, Try SirThopas, this young writer has hell of a talent in writing and story buildup, and he does not put novels into Loving Wives category to just get more visitors, and certaainly never stretch stories like dqs to want to feel at top.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

At 70 years old I have read many novels. This was one of the best I have read in years. Character development was outstanding. There were a few loose threads at the close.

The ending seemed rushed and seemed to lack a clear direction. But a great novel.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous