All Comments on 'When You're Near Me'

by StormyNite

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Story but a little long...

This story has everything I was looking for but 23 pages is a little long. This would have made an excellent series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

great story really...

romantic...

as Melissa Etheridge fan I saw some quotes from her songs :) but maybe it is just me...

good job! thanks alot :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Best Story Ever

I absolutely loved this story and someone should make this into a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing

I must say this was the best...and longest story I've read on this site. Though it was long it was worth every page and every minute I spent reading. It made me laugh and smile and...just brought me overall joy. I absolutely loved it. My friend sent me this link saying I had to read it and I'm extremely happy she did. Excellent work. Fantastic job. Gosh..I could totally relate to Ashley and Jessi. I found myself in so many of these pages. Thank you for such a wonderful, heartfelt story.

azdazy123azdazy123over 11 years ago
WOW

I loved this story. These are the stories I want to read. To know that there is love and that it's not all about sex.

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtover 11 years ago

This story was amazing.. I'd give it 50 stars out of 5 if I could. C: this story had a little bit of sex, but lots and lots of buildup and character. I love reading stories like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
am not even gay

Wow! but what a wonderful story...poignant and very heart warming.

Fridayschild

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
amazing

This is my favorite story on the site. I love getting to really now the characters. The sex is good but it is more about the love!! Very great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I think I can honestly say that out of everything I have ever read, erotic or not, this is the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful!!!

Can I be near you ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
AMAZING!

This story was so amazing...that I cried at the end... T-T GREAT JOB!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing

It warms my heart to finally see a love story where they dont have sex right away and magically fall in love during sex. It is nice to see a story that captures what love truly is :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Fantastic:-)

Have you ever thought about getting this publidpshed?.:-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing story

I would love to see this story made into a movie, such an amazing and heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

That is one of the best stories i have read on here yet it completely describes how love should be between two people Who really care about one another

BurningForYouBurningForYouover 11 years ago

Favorite story on here. I fell in love with Ashley and Jessie. Such amazing characters

DougulonDougulonover 11 years ago
changed my life.

This story changed my life. I was just like Jesse, closed my heart up tight for 10 years, vowing never to open it again. When I finished reading this story, I was in tears. I felt my heart open and all those feelings I locked away came rushing out. I now have a new look on life. I want to experience everything I have been hiding away from, and find my one true love. Thank you StormyNite.

redsox04meredsox04meover 11 years ago
Emotionally Unstable!

...that's what I am....after reading this series a few times,and each time it destroys me.I Love it. Thank You.

WistempWistempover 11 years ago
Oh. My. Gosh!

What an incredibly wonderful story! I've read hundreds of stories on Lit, and this is without a doubt one of the top three or four! You are a brilliant writer, and you really bring your characters and the social scene to life. I'm going to go and read all your stuff now -- you are so good at this!

(Also, to the Anonymous who'd like to see this made into a movie: while reading, I pictured Brandi Carlile as Ashley and Julia Stiles as Jessie. Somebody do a script treatment of this!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful Masterpiece

This story is the best I have ever read on the internet.

it touched me in ways I didn't know exsisted you are a Amazing Author

jpb531jpb531over 11 years ago
Fantastic story

One of my favorites here on lit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
www.wattpad.com

you should so post this story on wattpad!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing!

Absolutely one of the most fulfilling and satisfying stories I have read on this website! Stunningly realized and truly beautiful! A true tour de force.

friend40friend40about 11 years ago
fantastic storyline

Enjoyed it. Felt real all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Absolutely Incredible

Now u can see, work, effort and true creativity came into play when this story was created. Its a blissful storyline, very realistic and believable...the Author is super amazing. Good Good work, completely addicted me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
BEAUTIFUL >~<

This story was wonderful and beautifully written! It moved me to tears and I can't stop re-reading it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I love this story, its beautifully written and romantic n sad n sexy......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
my favorite

This is by far my favorite story. I reread it year after year. You should really think about coming back to it and getting it published.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic

I love this story. I will be coming back to read over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

This story was awesome. It was realistically timed, with a slow, sweet buildup to entice the reader. Only one thing, after the two protagonists confess their love for each other, things happen way too fast. Bam! Couple. Bam! Marriage. Bam! Children. You know what I mean?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

This was an amazing story. It is the best I have read ever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
love this

This is like the 6th time I've read this story I'm so in love with it!!!

_smitten__smitten_over 10 years ago

i've forgotten

how may times i've read, reread this story. everytime i find it as new

as it was when i read it for the first time.

you amaze me! the pace, the quietness, the flawless built-up..everything

is just perfect, like it should be.

please, write some more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing!

I really really loved the story. How I wish I have that kind of love. I lost my first love because she had that same kind of fear about society's opinions.. Anyway, I'm gonna read this story again. Thank you so much for writing and sharing this! Please, continue to write. :)

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 10 years ago
Denton, Texas???

Well, shoot. Wonder if you're still here. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazed

This story has the right combination. Being able to relate to this it brought back some of my memories with a partner I had. It simply touched me deep down to the core with old memories flashing. I was amazed.

VennicVennicover 10 years ago
Loved it

This is by far one of my favourite stories on Lit, in any genre. I absolutely loved it, all 23 pages. Fantastic slow build up where you get to know the characters so well, you feel every emotion with them. I really really hope you submit more, I'd love to read any new stories you write.

Now, if only I can find When you're near me by Jackie Bristow so I can hear what the full song sounds like... :)

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago
WOW!

The sex, or lack of it, makes this story unique. It is a gradual, poignant love story, that captivates you throughout the 23 pages.The dialogue is excellent, the love between Jesse and Ashley refreshing and the ending simply beautiful. ** I LOVED IT **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The... End?

I read "End of Story" and nearly cried.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 10 years ago
WOW.....

I've read the story and was mesmerized. I laughed and I cried through it all. The love scenes were magnetizing, I couldn't pull myself away from them. My only regret is that there were not really enough stars to select, I would have gone as far as a 10.

Thank you for sharing with us this wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Amazing

All the storys on literotica are just we met and had sex a lot this was amazing because it showed them falling in love and i enjoyed it emmensly because i am a romantic at heart :)

dazzleredd41dazzleredd41about 10 years ago
loved it

at first i was upset when i read this story on my phone i couldnt believe they just ended it like that than i looked up the story on my laptop and i just fell in love with jessie and ashley im glad it wasnt all about sex i just loved it please keep it going

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
amazing

this was incredible. i loved this because im a sucker for a good romantic story, and the fact that it was just the two of them meeting and falling in love was so much better than any other story where they just got it on all the time. i love it so much <3

gofastTTguygofastTTguyabout 10 years ago
Really great!

Just spent the better part of a fantastic early spring day glued to the computer reading this story. Great day and worth every minute. Love how it did not go straight to sex, but it was a fantastic love story. Another romantic guy that thought this was one of the best stories I have read in a really long time. Great job!

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaalmost 10 years ago
Second time around

This the second time I have read this story. I loved this story the first time I read it, but now I find a true lack of words to describe how it has mede me feel. Thank you again for sharing this with us all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
BEAUTIFUL!

There's not really much else to say. Thank you.

LKOHaraLKOHaraalmost 10 years ago
Didn't Stop til the End

Honestly,,,, I read it straight through feeling each wave of emotion and each delicious sensual moment. NOW,,,, I need a cold shower !

InTheColdColdNightInTheColdColdNightover 9 years ago

All 23 pages in one sitting. It was too good to stop. Wow. That's powerful.

Countrycrazy85Countrycrazy85over 9 years ago

Loved the story. Stayed up to finish the whole story. Very well written and it draws you into the story where you can not look away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
mesmerized

love it, you have a true flare for writing , the story is passionate and heart melting. hoping to read more - A

DelsetDelsetover 9 years ago

I ... I have no idea how many times I've read this story. I' m not in the remotest way certain, how many of those times I've actually reached the end. Whatever that number is, however, I can add a zero onto the end of it before my eyes are dry at the end of suffering this magnificence, and TWO zeroes onto the end of it, before I search for something to inspire me again to feel how glowy I'm now buzzing.

Holy shit.

.

..

...

..

.

This rules *so* much

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I have read many stories here...this is the first time I commented..this is by far the absolute best written thoughtout story on the whole site..btavo...

chinwechinweabout 9 years ago
D BEST

av neva read anything more superb dan dis. best story ever luv it . u d best .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Up for an Oscar?

What a wonderful love story this is. It would make a damned good film. No more to be said.

LcnmdLcnmdabout 9 years ago
OMG!

The best ever!

Thank you!

L

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oh my

This is by far one of the best stories I have read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Absolutely loved your story and keep coming back to it and thinking about the characters. Well done! Oh and just had to find the song "When You're Near Me" loved that too.

nympho_carebearnympho_carebearabout 9 years ago
wow

One of the best stories I've read. All of the elements of romance tied together so well. Only a couple grammatical errors, but otherwise a great piece to lose myself in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Oscar...definitely

The person who said this should be made into a film was RIGHT. I started to cry when Jessie did, at the end. You illustrated their passion with your words so beautifully, and I could feel every electric touch of emotion. Very, very well done.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uabout 9 years ago

If you're looking for a LOVE STORY with "real" characters, a plot, theme, the works without the emphasis on sex, sex, and more sex - this is one. It is admirable and beautifully written. This was one of the first 10 stories I read on literotica and it helped endear me to this site in search of amazing stories like it. (I haven't been disappointed). Thank you StormyNight for sharing this gift with us. All the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well Worth Reading

This NEEDS to be a movie! This is easily the best story on this site and is far better than many books I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Thank You , StormyNite & Jessie

happyplayerhappyplayeralmost 9 years ago
Beautiful

Absolutely beautiful. Enthralled from the first paragraph. With due respect to this wonderful site, this is a story which should get a wider audience. You should publish in an unrestricted form somewhere. Love story of the highest order.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
anybody got some tissues?

Wow! Words can't explain how I'm really feeling right NOW! OMG! I guess I can say this is an AMAZING story. But that just doesn't cut it for me! I LOVED IT! I literally couldn't put my phone down. And I agree this needs to be a movie I would totally buy It! WOW THANK YOU! For writing this inspiring,encouraging, beautiful ,magnificent STORY! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Maybe...

one day I'll find my Jess or Ash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Perfection!

This.. Is perfect. I love this so much. This is my third time reading this, and I still.. Seriously, takes my breath away. I would give this way more than 5 stars! Definitely my favorite story. It gives me a little hope that a love like this does exist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It strikes through me....like a lightning.

MOVIE PLEASE

*ehem indie film producers*

You know the feeling when you finished reading a story then deep inside you're hoping for a sequel or an epilogue? Well, this is not that kind for me. In my opinion, this piece is the one in which you don't need to know further at the end, search for 'more', because it's perfect as it is..

I hope y'all are getting what I'm saying though. Sooo bad at expressing my thoughts clearly. :(

Hands down, StormyNite! We look forward to reading your masterpieces!

shadocatshadocatabout 8 years ago
True romance

This is a wonderful story. It has believable characters with a great plot. Instead of the usual fall-into-bed-sex-sex-sex-by the second paragraph type of story usually seen on this site, this story has a slow careful build up of emotions. It is very well-crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Damn!!!

I cried...... And I've read this for like five times already...... Definately a masterpiece!! Still crying

mab4664mab4664about 8 years ago
Lovely

I have read this so many times that I have lost count. Each and every reading brings out something different that I find fascinating. I make sure I have tissues at hand when I do read it as yes, I find myself crying, too, when I read it. To my mind it should be listed at the top of the genre listing.

Randee1958Randee1958about 8 years ago

Unimaginably beautiful ! I cried so many times. I read this work love and care in less time than I've read some of the other stories. It's so graceful, in its way you travel each one of the girls individual path to joy. As one of the many people that have shared this journey that you provided with your Incredible imagination. I want to thank you!!! πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ’–πŸ’• 5🌟's

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good but rushed at the end

Very good romantic story ( not that erotic though) but d pace is not stable..Very smooth in d love section but not as good in passion..the passionate moments looks sudden..rushed..and not well described..it looks like a burden..otherwise very good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I never comment on stories but this is the best one on this site for sure. I much prefer romantic stories and this was perfect in that regard. I could've read hundreds of pages about these two, so sweet and loving. Thank you for writing this <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Wow what a beautiful story. Friendship, love, romance. You are a gifted writer.

stormyeyedonestormyeyedoneover 7 years ago
Beautiful story.

Though I have read many stories on this site, some very well written, I have never been drawn into those stories like I have been with this one. The plot is top notch, it flows logically and naturally. You don't try to do too much with it, but you fill out the pages with enough content to keep us reading. You can feel the tension as you read the story, the buildup, the climax. The characters are solidly believable, well developed and not in the mold of the usual "shy coquette meets outgoing wild child" theme I have come to expect from most literotica stories. Though the focus, I feel, was more on the love between these two women, I feel the only complaint I can make is that the passionate moments were rushed. Despite that, I prefer plot over stories that are just about the sex. We have all read those stories here. If we could give more stars for a review, I would give this story many more than 5. Solid, good job. I look forward to more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More

Loved the story. Read it more than 5 times.

Give us more please :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

One of a few favourites of mine. Brilliant

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 7 years ago
Oh my god!

What a fantastic story! I loved the slow burn and build, and the last two pages or so had me in almost constant tears! thank you for sharing this story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One of the most beautiful stories

This story was amazingly written. The build up in which the story grew was just breathtakingly beautiful. Love, jealousy, caring, temptations etc, was captivating on every page. There were times I laughed, cried and even smiled form ear to ear for the happiness they received in the end. I love a great romantic story. I could only wish to find love that beautiful in every way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really lovely..

That was so damned fine...I stayed up all night to read it!! Thank you xx

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
I love this story!

Things I would change: I'd do a global search and replace for "the blond" and "the brunette", to "Jessie" and "Ashley", but that's it. Everything else stays the way it is. This is perhaps the best love story I've read on this site! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Randee2058Randee2058almost 7 years ago
DREAMY🌹

I recently REREAD this story because I couldn't remember it. After perusing the

pages. I decided to read the story thinking I'd never read it. That's when I read about the bar scene, and it is their that I found I had. This has too be one of the most tearful love stories ever written for Literotica. It is so moving in the way Ashley struggles with herself. Such infinite love Jessie holds in just so she can spend time with her.

I Loved and still love this story.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 dozen roses and 5🌟''s

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
An all time classic....

I reread this again recently, and still find the episode with the goose and the yoghurt most arousing. But what is the significance of Jessie's blue socks?

MarshallaMarshallaover 6 years ago
5 Stars, X's ten please!

I've read stories on Lit that have had love in them, but still more sex than love. This one is just the opposite opposite, and made it even better.

Well(very) done, and much appreciated!

Thank you.

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Wonderful!

Now ladies and mentalgen THIS is how you write romance!

So bloody beautiful. An exquisite story.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
i really love i, ts awesome

I really love it.i have read many stories on Lit. But most are more of sex than love but this is awesome, so wonderful actually i dont know how to describe. T has helped me alot to put my mind off my breakup with her. The love between Jessie and Ashley is what every woman deserves. Best story ever, thank you for keeping me busy when i had to be hurting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful

It's so beautiful, I'm out of words. A big WOOOOOOOOW. This story could go on ages and never fail the reader to feel all the love that's poured in the writing and the characters' story itself. This is so beautiful, really. Wow. Wow. Wow. I've always, always, dreamed of a love like this. Always. Thank you so much for this.

stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
Wow wow wow

23 pages of heaven. What a talent. The most moving and beautiful story on lit. Intense and passionately written .

gofastTTguygofastTTguyover 6 years ago
Like Gone With The Wind - FANTASTIC!

Long and loving. Tender but tough. Passionate and pleasing. So we'll done, thank you!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
I love this story!

And keep coming back to it. Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of my favorites

I could keep reading on and on this story is so well written. Thank you to the writer for such an engrossing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful...Just beautiful

I don't know where to begin, this story is just so wonderful. From the characters to the emotions this story truly is a work of art that I couldn't read fast enough. I will definitely have to read it again and again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another Sesame St. drop out.

I dropped this story at the first paragraph. There's now way that I'm going to read 23 pages of poor grammar.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
To anonymous complaining about the grammar

Maybe you should fix your own mistakes. I believe you meant to say no and not now.

BigGun44BigGun44about 6 years ago
Worth the time.

It's 2:30 in the morning and I just finished reading this amazing story. It was worth staying up for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

It's a good friends to lovers story, until you hear the song the story is written around. It's just not a song you can really dance to which kills the story, but hey... you do you.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 6 years ago
Still so very good!

This is such a well written story, I love coming back and reading it over and over again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful love story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Romance lives.

Taking into account the issues with grammar, I thought it was a very good story. I know to some, grammar is very important - myself included. Every time I see a misspelled word, I hear the voice of my 12th grade English teacher in my head. (Ooo, the voices!) Regardless, if the mistakes aren't too over the top, I will muddle through. As far as the story goes, I thought the structure was good, the characters were well developed and there was the right amount of conflict for this type of story. If I have a critique to add it would be to strive to improve your spelling and use of grammar. I know you feel it a bore, but if people don't read your work what's the point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I cry every time!

Without a doubt this is one of the best stories on this site. All of the characters are so well written (even Makayla!), i wish that i was in their world so i could know them. I really appreciate the longer stories as you get so much more character development and detail. This is one of my favorites that i have to revisit regularly. Thank you so much for the effort you obviously put into this, and for sharing it with us! Please continue writing as your stories are very moving. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous