Where Do I Belong? Ch. 02

Story Info
Horton, Jay, and a tense moment.
1k words
4.48
8.5k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I know that this chapter is short. I just wanted to make sure that there was something up until I get the next real chapter finished. I should have it posted soon after this. Sorry yet again, and please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

************************

It only took me a second to really comprehend what was going to happen. Horton was standing in between Jay and I and I could feel the tension building as the silence stretched on. An overwhelming feeling to protect this complete stranger flooded my mind, however ironic the thought. I mean really, why a vamp would need a human to protect him. I ignore the hushed hiss as I stepped around Horton to place myself closer to Jay. Looking straight into Jay's eyes, my all too dried mouth spook for the first time. "Everything is okay Jay. I started to slip, and Horton just steadied me. You wouldn't want anything to happen to the baby would you?" I say coercing him out of his murderous stare at Horton. "You should be grateful he was there to catch me or I would have fallen. It is my entire fault really. I shouldn't have come out here alone knowing how off balance I have been lately." Taking another step away from Horton, I feel my heart breaking to run back to him.

I know that Jay won't hurt me, at least not physically while I still cared his child. I had to divert the anger away from Horton. I would not let Jay hurt him. "How do you know him?" I heard Jay's voice through the fog in my head. I stared back up at him as if not understanding. An aggravated look passed over Jay's face as he repeated the question. "How do you know him?"

"I don't know him Jay. The only reason I know his name is because you just said it. I was just standing out here looking at the moon when all of the sudden my legs started to give out on me. He must have been passing by the balcony door when he saw me about to fall. He steadied me, and asked me if I was okay. That is all Jay. Nothing else." I lowered my eyes so that he could not see the mix of emotions that swirled in my mind. "As a matter of fact I was about to thank him when you walked through the door."

I turned to acknowledge Horton once again, purposely keeping my gaze down as not to be lost in his eyes yet again. I feel Jay slide his hands around my waist, almost tenderly. "Thank you Horton. I do not know what I would have done if anything would have happened to my child." I stiffen at the implication that statement meant come from Jay. There was no concern for me, only that his child was not harmed. I looked up and a glimmer of anger flickered in Horton's eyes.

"It is my pleasure to assist your..." he glances down to my hand, "wife Jay. I am sure that you were just on your way from entertaining Lucy and the other to make sure that your delicate wife here was under no distressed. You know how humans are such a delicacy with our kind. It would be best to keep her under better supervision." I hear him say to Jay, much to my surprise. I have never heard anyone speak to Jay as Horton did, as if he didn't fear Jay or was concerned of the damage that Jay could do. It was only then that I thought that I would fear Jay the most because I was merely human. I didn't have the indestructible skin or skill to fight as other vamps had. At that moment I had never longed for something more than for Horton to put Jay in his place. "Of course if you have more pressing matters to attend to I would be more than happy to look after this... precious treasure you have here." I hear Jay say.

"That won't be necessary. I am more than capable of making sure that..." he pauses and then hissed out, "my wife is looked after. Unfortunately as soon as the words came out of his mouth, a lower ranked vamp come through the door and informed Jay that he was needed by the counsel immediately. I could hear Horton softly chuckle at Jay as his mouth fell open at the inopportune in time.

"Don't worry Jay. I will make sure that this delicious morsel makes it home safely. Follow me my dear" Horton says to me as he motions to the door. I gave Jay only a passing glance to show that I was not defying his authority before walking through the door.

On the entire ride home I stayed on my side of the vehicle, afraid of being in a small confined space with a vamp that I did not know. However my body longed to wrap itself around this complete stranger. I rested my head against the back of the seat and listen to him hum a tone that I did not quite recognize, and drifted off to sleep. The next thing I remember is a pair of strong arms lifting me from the vehicle. I knew instinctively that these were not Jay's arms, but never in the time that I had known Jay did I feel the sense of safety and belonging that I felt at that moment. I rolled my face into the shoulder of the person carrying and inhaled his scent. I want to remember this feeling for whatever future I had in me. I wanted to feel out this sense of longing that I had never felt. My skin was on fire, and I thought that I surely had burst out into flames. It was then that I remembered how was caring me to my bed, but just as quickly as I was laid down, that the arms that held me so preciously disappeared. I spent the rest of that night and the next year and a half crying myself to sleep and searching for that feeling again.