White Knight in a Cadillac

Story Info
Small town girl is saved from life of boredom.
13.2k words
29.9k
18
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steve Garrett pulled his new Cadillac into the gravel parking lot of a lonely Montana all night diner. It was almost 10:30pm. He couldn't imagine this place being open, he needed to take a break so he was glad it was. Get some coffee, get out of the car long enough to wake up, he would be back on the road in thirty minutes. He walked in but didn't see anybody. No waitress no cook, no body. The sound of a pan crashing to the floor broke the silence. Then the sound of voices arguing. A man and a woman. Then the most gorgeous redhead Steve had ever seen exited the kitchen and looked at him startled.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you come in. Could I help you?" She asked, obviously upset.

"Just coffee, thanks. Do you have any cherry pie?" Steve answered yawning.

"Sorry, honey, just apple and one piece of peach, no cherry left tonight." She replied.

"Humm, peach would be good." Steve said, settling into a booth in the corner.

Steve sipped his coffee and played with his pie. The man in the kitchen had returned to raking this poor girl over the coals. She came back, tears in her eyes now and asked Steve if everything was alright and filled his coffee cup. Steve looked at her and wondered why this awesome vision of a young lady would put up with this kind of treatment.

"Are you ok dear?" He asked her.

She just shook her head no and looked toward the ceiling. The man in the kitchen yelled at her and she turned with in a huff to respond to him. Steve watched her walk away and couldn't imagine a pair of faded jeans looking any better. There was some more yelling in the back and she once more retreated to the dining room to escape this guys wrath. She messed with stuff behind the counter acting like she was busy.

The man poked his head out the kitchen door, saw Steve and returned back inside. Steve caught the girls eye and motioned her to his table. She came over, her blouse had come unbuttoned down to her breasts, she was braless. Obviously there was more going on in the kitchen than talk.

"Honey, what's wrong? Do you need some help? I mean, is there anything I can do." Steve asked, motioning that she needed to button up.

She looked down at her blouse, buttoned it up and her face turned as red as her hair.

"I just need to…I don't have anywhere to go and I owe this asshole…no there's nothing you can do. But listen mister thanks for offering." She was embarrassed to admit her situation.

"Well I can damn sure get you the hell out of here. You get in that car in the parking lot and you're out." Steve looked toward the kitchen door in disgust.

"Thanks but, I owe this guy some money and I have to pay him back. I'll be out of here before too long." She replied, looking down at the floor.

"Would you have to pack a lot of stuff to hit the road?" Steve watched for the cook to come out.

"No, I am almost down to the clothes on my back, a few things in my room in the back of this place." She said without hope in her voice.

"Go get packed, when I see you get to the car I will pop the trunk you load your stuff and get into the backseat. You will be out of this place in less than no time." Steve said looking up at her now.

"Honey, thanks but I can't do that. I owe this guy and I can't walk out on a debt, he paid my way out of a bad situation and I owe him." She responded.

Steve thought what an upstanding person this girl must be. She was living in hell but wouldn't leave due to her debt. The cook screamed and she left. Steve heard the sounds of violence that almost took him out of his seat and dragged him to the kitchen to protect this gorgeous defenseless little girl. She came flying out of the kitchen to Steve's table, there was a hand print on her cheek and the shoulder of her blouse was ripped slightly.

"Give me ten or fifteen minutes, ok?" She said through her tears.

The cook came into the dining room. He stared Steve down, Steve's eyes were locked on the big man's face. This guy was 6'4" if he was an inch. He must weigh 300 lb. The girl disappeared into the back.

"You about through there mister, we're closing." He said turning his head to watch her leave.

"Oh, not quite. I'll be through when I get through." Steve put as much sarcasm in his voice as he could. "Could have sworn that sign says open 24 hours."

Steve thought he needed to keep this guy busy for a few minutes and give her time to clear out. He wasn't worried about this fat slob. Steve had black belts in several disciplines of martial arts. And after the past nine months of his life he wasn't afraid of anything, not this guy, not any guy…not even dying.

"I don't give a damn what the sign says, get the hell out of here." He yelled at Steve.

"Oh, I see, those 24 hours aren't all I a row or what?"

The cook glared at Steve, returned to the kitchen and yelled out for her to get in there. Steve looked up to see her at the window knocking softly on it, trying to get his attention. He had bought her enough time. He hit the button to the trunk, it flew up and she tossed in two suitcases and a hanging bag. She closed the trunk and climbed into the backseat with an overnight case. Steve dropped a ten dollar bill on the counter and left. He got in the car and backed out shining the lights in the café windows just in case the cook was watching. He wasn't afraid of this guy but there was no need to give him any idea where this girl had gotten off to. He was back on the road and roaring away in a heartbeat.

She climbed over the seat when they had gone far enough to make her feel safe. She laughed and slapped Steve on the shoulder playfully. "I can't believe I'm out of there. I'm free. Whoopee!" She hollered still laughing, Steve joined in on the laughter.

"Hi, I'm Steve Garrett." He said offering her his hand.

"Amber, Amber Scott. Glad to meet you Steve Garrett." She replied shaking hands.

"What in the world were you doing in that place Amber?" Steve asked.

"Oh, it's a long story." She answered.

"I'm not going anywhere, are you?" Steve told her.

Amber told her story. Her parents had sold their small ranch and moved to Cleveland about eight months ago. Her dad's brother owned a small business there and her dad was going to work for him. The ranch had been going downhill for several years. Amber had wanted to stay in Montana, or at least she didn't want to move to Cleveland. She stayed with a girlfriend for a couple of months. One night Amber and a bunch of friends had gone to the bar and Amber talked one of the guys into letting her drive his truck. She wrecked the guys truck and couldn't pay to have it fixed. Well, Eddie, the owner of the diner had been trying to get Amber to come to work for him for some time. Amber didn't like Eddie and didn't want to work for him. Eddie heard about Amber's wreck and offered to pay the damages and she could work it off at the diner. She didn't want to do it but couldn't see any other way to fix the truck.

"How much do you owe the guy?" Steve broke in.

"Two thousand dollars, well seventeen hundred now, I've paid three hundred." She answered.

"How long have you worked for him?" Steve went on.

"Six months next week." Amber replied.

"Six months and all you've gotten paid back is three hundred?" Steve asked.

"He keeps my pay and deducts so much per week. I know he's been ripping me off, I just didn't see anyway out." She answered.

"Man, ripping you off, I would say he had been doing worse than that." Steve said.

"Well, I will try to get the money and pay him back someday, but I am just glad to be out of there tonight. He is always trying to get into my pants." Amber leaned against the door and shut her eyes, she was asleep in no time.

Amber woke as the car pulled to a stop. She looked through sleepy eyes at the motel sign. Steve got out and went in. He returned several minutes later and drove to the back of the motel. Amber looked at him with a worried frown. Steve pulled into the parking place in front of a room, and popped the trunk. Amber got her bags, but instead of going to the door of the room she walked down the breezeway heading back to the lobby.

"Where you going Amber?" Steve asked sounding confused.

"Listen, Steve, I didn't leave that hell hole to shack up in a motel with you. No offense you seem like a nice guy but I better just go to the lobby and sleep there and catch a ride tomorrow." She sounded disappointed.

"Amber." Steve said.

"What?" She stopped and looked back at him.

"Which room do you want, 45 or 46?" Steve asked holding up two room keys, one in each hand.

"You got two rooms?" She asked walking back toward him.

"Two rooms." He smiled and opened both doors.

Amber stuck her head in one and then the other. She took 46. She put her things on the bed and returned to the door. She was closing it just as Steve entered his room.

"Good night Steve. I'm sorry I doubted you but a girl can't be too careful these days." She said.

"Amber you have nothing to be sorry for. Good night, sleep well, I will see you in the morning." Steve smiled at her and shutting his door.

Steve knocked on Amber's door the next morning. When there was no answer he loaded his baggage and knocked one more time, still no answer. She could be in the shower, he would wait a few more minutes. He got his camera out deciding to take some pictures of the gorgeous landscape. After a few pictures he knocked one more time. No answer. She must have decided to take off after all, he would check in the lobby on his way out.

Just then he looked up to see her rounding the corner with two cups of coffee in her hands. She looked bouncy and perky this morning. She shuffled up to Steve like a high school cheerleader to the football hero from last nights big game. He was her hero, she wasn't stuck in hellhole Montana any longer.

"Good morning! Coffee?" She said, smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks Amber. Hmmmm, perfect." Steve answered sipping his coffee.

"They have some donuts and pastries if you want any. I wasn't sure what you would like, I ate a couple but there's still plenty left." She added.

"I thought we might get breakfast if you want, I mean real breakfast, eggs, bacon, whatever." He answered.

"Oh wow, that would be awesome, let's go!" She almost shouted.

"Before we go could I take a couple of shots of you?" Steve asked holding up his camera.

"Sure. Where do you want me?" Amber answered looking around.

Steve took her coffee, put both cups on the trunk and positioned her where the best scenery would be her background. He finished the roll in the camera, taking several close ups. He picked her coffee back up handing it to her. She bounced to him and took the coffee. She went to her room to get her things while Steve rewound the film, took it out of the camera and put it in an addressed, stamped envelop.

They hopped into the car and headed out. A small café was less than a mile down the road. There was a mail box out front, he dropped the envelope in it. They ate and talked and didn't worry about the time, they had all the time in the world. Amber was feeling better about Steve all the time, he put her so at ease last night by renting two rooms. The talked and laughed and got back on the road around 11:00.

Steve noticed Amber was still braless. She looked good but she seemed more modest than that. She wasn't being obscene it just made him wonder.

"Amber, I hate to ask you this but I have noticed you don't wear a bra. You seem more modest than that." He said not taking his eyes off the road.

"Oh, gosh Steve, I'm sorry. I have tried to hide it. Eddie must have broken into my room and stolen them, all of them. I accused him but he denied it. There is nowhere else they could have gone. I am so ashamed. He wouldn't give me enough money to get anymore. I hate that fat bastard." She ducked her head and pulled her coat around her tightly, her eyes began to water.

They were in Billings within the hour. Steve drove into the city. When he found a mall he pulled into the parking lot close to an entrance.

"What are we doing?" Amber asked.

"We're buying you bras. And panties or anything else you need. Let's go and don't argue with me, don't even argue with me. Get out of this car and hit that mall girl." Steve smiled.

He made her feel so at ease. She let him buy her what she needed. She was picking out cheap bras, he took one from her and tossed it back and drug her to the expensive ones. He even talked her into some new jeans and a couple of new blouses. Her tennis shoes were worn out, he bought her new ones. She must have thanked him a thousand times in that mall. She just gave up and let him indulge her. They were hungry again by now so they went to the food court and ate. They wondered through the mall. Steve would stop and window-shop and ask Amber if she needed anything she saw in this window. She would drag him off by the elbow promising him that she didn't need anything else. When they got to Victoria Secrets he stopped and she didn't. She was almost two stores away when he noticed she wasn't there. He caught up with her laughing asking her where she went. She smiled back and thumped his nose, shaking her head no.

They decided to spend the night in Billings. They found a nice motel across the street from a large supermarket. They settled in for the evening and night. Steve forced a fifty dollar bill in Amber's hand and pushed her out the door and told her to go shopping and get anything she needed. She just laughed and headed across the street to the store. Steve settled into a chair and watched her until she disappeared into the store. He sat there peacefully contemplating the next day. Where would they go? What did she want to do, where did she want to go? He decided they could discuss this later tonight after dinner. He saw her walk out of the store carrying two grocery bags. The only problem was there were five nasty looking dudes following her. Steve sprang out the door and was across the street in a heartbeat. He could see the relief on Amber's face as he approached.

The boys were picking on her and making rude suggestions. They didn't see Steve coming. One of them asked her something about doing the five of them. Steve couldn't hear the whole thing. As he got to them he pushed the one closest to Amber. They all stopped and looked at him.

"I have a better plan. You five jerks get the hell out of here while you can still walk." He took a defensive stance.

Steve figured they were high school age. He didn't care, they weren't going to bother Amber while he was around. They circled him. He kept turning looking from one the next and so on around the circle.

"So, who do I hit first? I think you, the big one, I'll take you out first and then this guy." He pointed to the one he meant. They made a few more stupid remarks about kicking his ass.

Steve had to wait for them to start it, they were too young for him to just beat the hell out of and leave. He saw one of them throw a punch out of his peripheral vision. He hit the big one and the next one and kicked behind him knocking another one backwards. He swung around and took out a fourth one. He didn't get the fifth one, he had moved quick enough to be twenty feet away and flying through the parking lot. He looked at the four lying on the pavement. They weren't hurt bad. They got up one at a time and backed away. Steve grabbed the biggest by his collar. The kid's eyes got as big as half dollars.

"Would you like to apologize to the lady while you can still talk?" Steve asked him.

"I'm sorry ma'am. We didn't mean anything." His voice was cracking. "Please don't hit me mister."

Steve let him go. They were out of sight before Steve could turn around to see if Amber was alright. They had hassled her in the store. She wasn't worried, she knew Steve would be there when she came out. She took a deep breath and smiled at him.

"Thanks. You make me feel so safe." She said.

She leaned her head on his shoulder, he took the grocery sacks. She wrapped her arm through his and walked slowly back to the motel room. She was amazed at how hard he was, his arm was like steel. He obviously kept himself in good shape.

The rooms connected and Amber opened the door between them. She had bought snacks and popcorn. She thought they might watch a movie later and have popcorn. She bought toothpaste and few feminine things she needed. She handed Steve the change, he stuffed it in the front pocket of her jeans. She just shook her head at him and smiled.

They had dinner at a nice restaurant close enough to the motel to walk. As was getting to be the habit, Steve paid for both of them. They sat and talked for a long time at the restaurant.

"Amber, what are you going to do now? I mean with your life, what would you like to do?" He asked. "Do you want to go to Cleveland and see your folks?"

"No, I don't think I want to go to Cleveland. I love my folks but I don't want to go there. Not to live anyway. I don't know, I'm not sure now. I thought I would grow old and die on that ranch but that won't happen now. I don't know what I want to do." She answered.

"Well, I guess we will just have to take some time and find you something to do somewhere you want to do it." He smiled at her. Something about this man reassured her that everything would work out alright.

They walked slowly back to the motel. Amber dropped on the bed in Steve's room and started looking through the TV stations trying to find a movie. There were a couple of good ones on. She switched back and forth watching one for awhile and then the other one. After about an hour she tossed a bag of popcorn into the microwave and popped it. She had bought soft drinks. She fixed Steve his and took it to him. She took the hot bag and laid down beside Steve placing the popcorn between them. One of her favorite movies was coming on next. She settled in beside him to watch it.

It was a chick flick that had her crying before it was over. The popcorn was long gone and the drinks were empty. Steve noticed Amber's wet eyes. He smiled down at her and made fun of her crying at a movie, but he put his arm around her and hugged her tight. She drifted off to sleep on his bed.

The next morning she woke to the sound of the shower. She looked around the room. The other bed had been slept in. He had had a chance to sleep beside her all night and he got up and slept in the other bed. She laid her head back down on the pillow and smiled to herself. What a wonderful guy. She had been in bed next to him and he had the restraint to leave her alone. He had covered her and left her clothes on. Not one button undone.

The shower shut off. He popped his head out to see her awake and smiling at him. He was brushing his teeth, nothing on but a towel around his waist.

"Good morning." He said through his foamed mouth.

"Good morning." She said stretching and yawning.

"You want to go to your room so I can get dressed?" He said still foaming.

She could tell he was smiling under all the toothpaste. He closed the bathroom door, she got up and shut the door between the rooms and plopped back down on his bed and watched the bathroom door.

The door opened and a naked Steve walked out, a towel over his head drying his hair. She couldn't believe this guy. She didn't think guys his age stayed in this kind of shape. She buried her face in the covers, suddenly ashamed of what she was doing.

"Amber! Good gosh girl I thought you left!" Steve wrapped the towel back around his waist.

The damage was done. She had seen him in all his glorious manhood. She looked up at him with a little girl scared smile on her face.

"Sorry, I was just playing. I didn't see anything." She lied.

He looked down at her with his head tilted as if to say how could you have not seen anything. He walked to the connecting door and opened it and motioned for her to get out of his room. She was afraid she had made him mad. She slowly headed to the door. She frowned at him with a pouty mouth, her bottom lip sticking out.