Whose Fault Was It

Story Info
He cheats on his wife, her revenge has unexpected results.
5.8k words
4.02
130.3k
47

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/06/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Janet Parker walked back into the master bedroom of their home after a 30 minute absence. She smiled at her husband Mark. She was a little stunned by the expression on her husband's face and more then surprised that he did not greet her with even one angry word. His eyes had a look of shock and distance; he didn't seem to notice her as she approached. Janet bent down to begin to remove his binding.

Mark had been bound in the overstuffed chair that had been a part of their bedroom's décor since they moved into the house. He was naked and had just witnessed his wife's infidelity. As Janet removed the straps that held him securely to the chair she spoke. "Well how does it feel to see another man fuck me?"

Mark did not answer. Janet was determined to continue, "I'm sorry I took so long getting back but Steve insisted on a blow job before he would leave. What could I do but be hospitable to my guest?" Still Mark did not answer. Janet didn't feel as good about what she had done as she pretended. "He was so big and filled me with so much cum. I sure hope my birth control pills work."

By then Mark was free but remained seated. He had not given any indication he realized Janet was speaking or even in the room. "It serves you right you know Mark. You went next door and fucked my best friend Jill, how does it feel to know the one you love would do such a thing?" Again Mark did not answer or speak any words.

'Ok, you want to do the silent treatment, I can do that too,' Janet said to herself as she turned her back to her husband and climbed into bed. She relaxed and cooed as if reveling and reliving the act in her mind. She did not realize how exhausted and drained she was. Janet had in actuality shown Steve Hill out just after he redressed but wanted to torment Mark with the idea she had done more before he had gone. Add to that the emotional drain of finding revenge was not nearly as sweet as you imagine. With her hand between her wide flayed legs she drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Janet awoke to an empty bed. She got up and called to Mark but got no answer. 'Still sullied I see, well I can hold out as long as he can,' she said to herself. With the excuse in her mind of making coffee Janet headed thru the house. Making the rounds she glanced into both spare bedrooms expecting to see at least evidence that Mark had slept there but saw none. In the kitchen she went to the pantry and got the coffee canister. When she put it back in place, Janet opened the door to the garage to peek. Mark's car was gone.

Janet felt her anger grow. "He has no right to be so mad. I didn't run off when I found out what he did?" she thought building a defense in her mind. So she had committed adultery, so had he! She at least had done it with a man from work not a neighbor just across the fence. She hardly knew Steve, while Jill had been her best friend for many years. "Ok mister asshole, do what you want!" The last was an audible statement.

Janet was not in a good mood when she got to work and all her co-workers realized it. And Steve Hill was sent from her office as if she had possessed a pistol. Janet's entire department knew whatever the problem, Steve Hill was involved. Janet tried to work but couldn't keep her mind focused. Adding that to her physical exhausted state, Janet was not doing well on the phone either. How many times in the day did she dial Mark's number just to hang up before the line was answered? How many times did she have to stifle back her tears? The day came and went without Janet thinking of lunch.

By quitting time Janet realized all her co-workers knew there was something dreadfully wrong. None approached her, but there were whispered conversations as they looked toward her office. Embarrassed Janet was the last to leave. As she closed out that evening she checked her mobile phone and found it was off. Her spirits lifted and she hit the power button. "Yes that was it! Her phone was off and Mark would have left her a message." Her hope faded when the only call was from Steve Hill. Janet did not bother to call him back.

Janet was anxious and fearful as she pulled into the drive. She waited a full minute before she hit the garage door opener. The garage was empty. Pulling in Janet parked and closed the door behind her. In the house she checked for voice mail on the land line. A message was indicated but it was just a sales call. Janet sat on the couch and poured herself a tall Scotch.

The next thing that Janet realized the alarm was going off. She was on the bed. She smiled thinking that Mark had come in and put her to bed. Opening her eyes Janet realized she was still wearing her work clothes. She tried to sit up to find she had dreadful headache. Janet remembered thru the pain staggering to bed from the living room. She had not eaten at all the day before, so the alcohol quickly entered her system and now she paid the price. Add the emotional exhaustions to compound the affect of the Scotch and you have a lost night.

Janet stood and felt her heart beat in her temple. She wanted to call out for Mark but couldn't find the strength. Wandering into the bathroom Janet turned on the shower as she stripped off her clothes. All of a sudden she felt dirty. Climbing into the enclosure the sighed as she cool water covered her. Feeling a little more human Janet stepped out of the shower and began to dry off. Looking in the mirror Janet didn't like what she saw.

It took her a little longer than normal to get dressed and made up for work. Janet knew she needed something in her stomach but the thoughts of food sickened her. She settled for a can of 'Ensure' for a little nutrition.

Janet felt all eyes on her as she walked in that morning. Steve was absent or at least out of sight. She held her head up high and marched to her office. Inside she exhaled a long sigh. Looking at her watch Janet saw the time was past 8. Determined, she dialed Mark's number. At that moment she assured herself it was just to make sure he was ok and had done nothing rash. The phone rang and was not answered but instead went to voice mail. Janet felt her blood boil. "How dare he not answer my call!" Janet assumed Mark was in his office and recognized her number on his caller ID. She hung up without leaving a message.

At noon she tried again only to get voice mail. 'I've had enough of this!' she thought. Janet dialed Mark's secretary. The line was quickly answered. Janet spoke quickly, "Mary this is Janet, I need a favor."

A stunned voice came back to her. "Sure Janet if I can."

"You can, and I want you to do it no matter what Mark has told you. Put me thru to him right now!"

"I'm sorry Mrs. Parker but I can't do that."

Janet was livid, "What the hell you mean you can't, what you mean is you won't!"

"No, that is not it Mrs. Parker, I can't, because Mr. Parker isn't here."

"Mary where is Mark?" Janet asked in a little softer tone.

"I don't know Mrs. Parker."

"You don't know or you won't tell me?"

The voice and message that came back shook Janet. "Ms Parker I can't tell you where Mr. Parker is because he no longer works here. Now I have other things I must do. Good–bye Ms. Parker."

Janet heard the line go dead. She also heard Mary Little call her Ms, not Mrs. or Janet. And did she say Mark no longer worked there? Janet put her head down and began to sob. Although her sobs were heard well outside her office she had no sympatric visitors. When Janet collected herself and made a trip to the bathroom, she called Marry Little once more. This time Janet was polite and respectful, but Mary could hear the panic in her voice.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Parker but all I know is that yesterday morning Mr. Parker came in and wrote his letter of resignation. He was packed and out of here by 10 am. I knew something was up when he came in dressed the way he was. I mean, he was not in his suit, he was casual. And it looked like he had slept in those clothes. Is anything wrong? Does Mark, I mean Mr. Parker, have some horrible medical problem?"

Janet couldn't answer she just thanked the woman and hung up. When Janet composed herself she called her boss and told her she would be taking the rest of the day off. Her boss didn't ask for an expiation. All Janet wanted to do put an end to this nightmare. Later that day she called Mary Little for the last time.

"Mary do you have any way I can contact Mark?" Janet asked, almost begging.

Mary hesitated. Janet knew the woman knew something. After a sigh she spoke, "Well Mr. Parker did not say to withhold this from you or anyone else so I guess..."

Janet interrupted, "Thank you Mary,"

At that moment Mary knew it was serious. She had enough respect to refrain from asking questions. "All I have is an address, it's local, 11365 Cypress Springs." There was a silence at the other end of the line. "Are you alright Mrs. Parker?"

"Yes, yes I am fine. I know the address and thank you again." Janet couldn't hold back her tears so she hung up. She cried both from relief and from the realization of who resided at that address. It was none other than Jeremy Parker, Mark's brother. Jeremy and Emma Parker had never cared too much for Janet and the feeling was mutual. Not only was their ill will, but Jeremy was a lawyer.

Janet began to reason, where else would Mark go? He had no other family in the area; in fact he had little family left. His parent were gone and Mark had only one other sibling besides Jeremy. Their sister was Sarah and was between Mark and Jeremy in age. She lived in a home. She had been stricken with MS at the age of 16. Mark loved Sarah and would visit often. The finical burden of Sarah was born by the estate of Mark's parents. Jeremy handled that and there was never any issue of money between the two bothers. And another rule of Mark's was to never conduct business with family. Therefore Jeremy was not Mark's lawyer. But the two were close and if Mark had gone there he had surely discussed the situation with Jeremy.

For a few minutes Janet was angry. "How dare Mark discuss their problem with his brother! Especially knowing the regard Jeremy and Emma had for her. Yes it was just like Mark to head to his brother and spill it all," Janet ranted. There was no doubt in her mind her in-laws would try and persuade Mark to rid himself of the 'floozy' as Emma had once referred to Janet. It took only a few minutes for Janet to realize that the longer she put off calling Mark at Jeremy's the worse it would be. Summonsing up her courage she dialed the number of the brother-in-law. She was not at all prepared for the reception she received.

"Hello Jeremy..this is..." was all that she was allowed to say.

"Janet what is wrong? What happened to Mark?" Jeremy asked in very concerned voice.

"What do you mean, I thought he was staying with you," Janet fumbled.

"What happened? Where is Mark and what is wrong?" Jeremy pressed.

"You don't know?" Janet asked dumbfounded.

"Hell woman, if I knew would I be asking. Don't play your bitchy games with me, or I come over there and slap that shit eating grin off your face. Now where is Mark and why did he leave?"

Janet was even more stunned. She had never heard Jeremy speak with such vulgar language or tone. Janet began to cry. Jeremy persisted. "What did you do? Where is Mark? And...and why are you being such a bitch!"

Janet gasp, "What do you mean! I am just as concerned for Mark as you! I called you didn't I, you didn't call me when he showed up at your house. Now let me talk to him or do I have to come over!" Janet was mad and it was showing.

"Number one, Miss Bitch, Mark is not here, but you are free to come over. I would like nothing more than to get my hands on you. I am sure I could choke the truth out of you...you...you...hell you're just Janet!"

"Where is Mark? I am his wife I have the right to know!" she demanded.

"The only thing you have to right to know right now is I am Mark's attorney and have been instructed to seek a divorce for him from one Janet Lane Emerson Boyd Parker. Now if you have any more questions of me I suggest you get an attorney and either make an appointment or sent the questions thru him. Now good-bye Ms. Emerson! I will wait to be informed as of your council." Jeremy hung up.

Janet was angry and threw the phone across the room. "Damn Mark Parker all to hell." After a drink and with a little calm restored Janet began to call all their friends looking for Mark. Everyone seemed surprised and none had any idea Mark was even gone. Janet's last call was the most difficult. "Hello mother, can you come over? I seem to have a problem." Hilda Lane Emerson was on her way. She was a hard woman but fair. Hilda would know how to handle this problem, Janet reasoned. However with that thought she also realized her mother would not be pleased with her only daughter if she learned the full extent of the reason for Mark's actions.

As Hilda rang the door bell at Janet's door Mark Parker sat in the bar of his hotel two states away from his home. He was in Tulsa OK. He was nursing his third drink. It was Scotch and soda. Mark never liked Scotch, preferred Kentucky Bourbon. The reason we was drinking Scotch was to slow his intake of alcohol.

It was late in the afternoon and the bar was not busy. In fact Mark was the only customer. As he sat on the stool his mind traveled back thru the years. He had met Janet by accident one hot summer day in Nashville. Mark was cruising the parking lot of a mall looking for a close spot. He noticed one three cars up on a row designed for traffic in the opposite direction, meaning he should make a loop to be headed the correct direction. Being in a small 2 seated BMW, Mark knew he could make the 135 degree turn into the spot. He did just that. As quickly as he had killed the engine and gotten out of his car, a Mercedes stopped behind him. A very attractive woman got out and began to read him the riot act. She had followed the law and circled around only to find a 'delinquent' taking her space.

Mark was amused by this woman. She stood facing him with her hands on her hips and a scowl on her lips. Taking in the sight, Mark gave her his best smile but it didn't seem to help. Janet was not impressed. He tired to apologize but that too fell on deaf ears. Even in anger she was beautiful to Mark. Janet stood 5' 5" tall and weighed just over 110 pounds. She had dark hair, round almond colored eyes, a cute nose and full lips. And her breasts were magnificent even covered in the light summer dress. Her legs were shapely even without heels. Mark immediately wondered if she was married.

"I'm sorry Mrs., I'm sorry I didn't catch your name."

"The name is Janet..." then catching herself left off her last name, "and I am Miss to you."

"As I was saying let me apologize and if you will back up I will surrender the spot to you. That is on one condition."

Janet raised one eyebrow and cocked her head, "And what is that?"

"You will have to allow me to buy you a cup of coffee."

"I don't think so, just move and let me have my space."

"But Janet...I'm sorry I didn't catch your last name."

"I didn't give it, so move, will you?"

"Janet I would love to, but you are blocking me. If you will back up and...promise to meet me in the for a cup of coffee in the food court in half an hour I will give you the spot, even though it doesn't have your name on it."

Janet looked at her watch. She didn't want to waste the time to have coffee with this cad but she did want the parking spot. It then occurred to her that she had been standing in the sun for more time than she would have used had she just parked a little farther out. "I suppose I could fit a quick cup of coffee into my schedule if you hurry."

Mark back out and found another spot. It was a longer walk but Mark didn't mind. He was thinking of a woman named Janet. True to her word she came to the food court for coffee though she was ten minutes late. They talked for an hour; when Janet had to go Mark gave her his card. He hoped she would call for she had repeatedly denied him her last name or phone number.

The next day just after noon Mary Little got a strange call. "Hello, may I speak to Mark," the female caller requested.

"May I ask who is calling?" the secretary asked.

"Mrs. Parker." Janet replied.

A quizzing voice asked, "Mrs. Parker, may I ask your business."

"Just tell Mark his wife is on the line."

After a silence Mary replied, "I am sorry I can't do that. You see I know Mr. Parker is not married."

"You caught me, I must confess, I'm just a sales rep that really wants to speak with Mr. Parker." Janet lied.

"I will not do that, for why would anyone wish to deal with a sales person that lies off the bat!" The line went dead.

Mark never heard of the call, for Mary accepted the intention of caller and forgot about it. Janet on the other hand knew that Mark was truly single. She liked Mark but knew that first impressions could be deceiving. She felt better knowing Mark was truly interested enough to ask for her number. One of Janet's traits was to use deception at times but she always justified the need. Now to find out more about this Mark Parker, Janet thought.

The next day Janet left a message for Mark on his mobile phone. She left her number and said she would like to see him again. For the next 6 months they were inseparable. Mark introduced Janet to his brother and sister in law. Jeremy was a lawyer and had an uncanny knack of reading people. He had a dislike and distrust of this woman his brother was dating. Emma, Jeremy's wife was not as perceptive but she also had reservations about Janet. Both held their thoughts to themselves until Mark announced he and Janet were engaged. At that point Jeremy and Emma told Mark of their feeling but wished him the best.

Janet's mother, Hilda, on the other hand, loved Mark. She told her daughter Mark was a 'keeper' but warned marriage was serious and required a lot of work from both parties.

Janet's and Mark's wedding was spectacular. Janet and her mother planned it and although it was elegant it was not overly expensive. Several times a year the two of them would look at the wedding album while sipping champagne. That naturally led to the thoughts of their honeymoon. Those nights always ended in great sex for the two. Those were special occasions and as Mark thought of them he felt very sad.

"You won't find her at the bottom of that glass," a voice fell on Marks ear jarring him back to the moment. Looking to his side he saw a young woman with a big smile. At first he studied her. She looked almost too young to be in a bar, at best in her early 20's. She had short cropped black hair and large gray eyes. Her lips had a tad too much lipstick that made her mouth appear just a little too large. She was short and petite. Looking at the light blouse it was easy to tell she was braless. However her breasts were small and pointed, with headlights prominent thru the material. Her shorts were short and tight. Her legs firm and nicely shaped. Her feet were in sandals showing brightly painted red toenails. In her hand was an empty glass held with fingers sporting long red fingernails. Looking Mark in the eyes she asked, "Buy a girl a drink?"

"You old enough to be in here?" Marked asked as he looked at the bar tender. With a nod of his head the bar tender indicated she was. "Ok what'll you have?"

"Tequila on the rocks, you know how I like it George. And do you need another round while George is getting?" she asked.

"Why not, one for me too George."

"What brings you to Tulsa, and what can I call you?" the girl asked.

"Just passing thru, and you can call me by my name, Mark."

"Glad to meet you Mark, I'm Tillie."

"And what brings you here this afternoon Tillie?" Mark asked.

12