All Comments on 'Wings of Gray: Alternate Ending'

by Gweall

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
TheRealThinggTheRealThinggover 12 years ago

I liked this one better. BUT the whole thing with Anthony and Chris I could've lived without, it made me sad. :(

mashedpotatoehead45mashedpotatoehead45over 12 years ago
This was waaaaaay better!

Sucks that Anthony died though

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I agree

Liked this one better. Could have done without Anthony & Chris... Glad you decided to go with an alternative-what-if ending. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Anthony and Chris????? Your twisted!!!!! Like the happy ending though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Loved it

I loved this ending much better than the other one! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
happy but sad

why there is still a sad part in it?

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08over 12 years ago
I know you did it for your readers

so I'm not sure if I like this one better. Life is tough, and sometimes terrible things happen to people who don't deserve them. Still, HEA works for lots of people. Keep writing.

nomoretears00nomoretears00over 12 years ago
Ripple Effect

Mike and Alex got their HEA, but in changing the fabric of their lives the course of two other lives were changed and not for the better. I think it took guts for you to show that, so good job! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
weirdly enough I like the other ending better

as strange as it is considering i love happy endings, i like the other one better. however, for those who want this ending they can have it. (haha) anyways, good job. though that is REALLY creepy that the mom was there in the sex shop suggesting things.

B

c_angelc_angelover 12 years ago
Sweet but just not right

Truthfully, while the original ending to your story made me cry my eyes out it fit, at least in my opinion, with the piece. So while I thank you for this contribution to your wonderful stories I just wanted to let you know that some of us don't always need that happy ending. AND to those who are now complaining about the deaths of Anthony and Chris, what did you expect? Mike was there to save them in the original story BECAUSE of the loss of Alex. It a ripple effect, one change in the timeline, one tiny pebble dropped into the waters of time and there are LOTS of waves.

NightTempestNightTempestover 12 years ago
:)

I loved the other ending and appreciated in all its glory, but as a happy ending kind of person...I was very pleased to read this! You had me in giggles over the fireman outift bc I have one in my closet no joke. :) but anyways I loved this alternate and can't wait for your next post. Great job.

Xoxo

Night

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
!!!

I liked your other ending but it made me so sad :( I'm really glad that you made this

canndcanndover 12 years ago
You are sooo mean lol

So, I was part way through remembring how at the beginning of the next story I couldn't get over Alex having died...but I thought to myself how I now felt bad in a way that Antony wouldn't have him come into his life now. Man, did you have to drive that point home with the newspaper article huh! And here I thought you were giving us the sweet ending we wanted when I think your devious little mind you wanted to teach us a good lesson on how one life affects another. :) I liked it even so :)

LaFemmeWildcatLaFemmeWildcatover 12 years ago
i loved it!

i love both endings! and just like with everything, both endings have pros and cons. i'm so happy i got to read both, though! thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
im glad!

i liked the other story but it made me so sad, so im glad you made this one

ikhneumonikhneumonover 12 years ago
Why I prefer this version

Read this without ever seeing "Things Change," so I didn't at first get the complaints about Anthony and Chris in the comments section. It does shed a different light on things, but taking "Wings of Gray" on its own merits, I prefer this ending. Not so much for the HEA, though that's always nice, but because this version finally shows Alex acting out of moral strength rather than fear. The original ending left him as a passive, vulnerable sacrifice, an all-too-literal angel who was too good for this world. (To be fair, that's probably how Mike would see him.) This way we get to see Alex grow and change from his ordeal. It becomes less Mike's story and more about both partners in the relationship.

GweallGweallabout 12 years agoAuthor
Love it

I love the comment from Cannd. While that wasn't my original intention with this ending, I suppose that was what I was really trying to get at. Cause and effect, right? I do have a mean streak a mile wide, so it has to show up SOMEWHERE in my writing. Right? ;)

hadesspawn27hadesspawn27over 11 years ago

The reason I prefered this ending is for the sake of the characters. when reading the parts of mike and Anthony's story if Anthony had really lived im not so sure he wouldn't have found the strength on hid own to stand up yo James but ultimately I think although mike can live Tony Alex completed him and I see Mike and Alex forever and mike and Tony driftting apart. One thing I've noticed that the alternate ending has brought about is a lot of thought on fate and consequences and a lot of discussion and debate which I think is the nark of a great writer ad opposed to a good but predictable writers. I just think happiness is more assured for mike, who is the character I truly came to love but it is your story and the original ending was so sad and beautiful i cried for mike excellent work

LoveDesiredLoveDesiredover 10 years ago
Awe yeah :')

Read the original ending up until the word 'casket', then switched to this one. So what if I'm a sucker for a happy ending? ;)

Loved the whole story !! But mostly the happy ending :) Thank you for writing it !!

tac_naynwafflestac_naynwafflesover 10 years ago
....

I'm... conflicted. If... if Alex lived... then Anthony and Chris... die?

I hate sad endings. I hate sad endings. But this is...

I... I can't... what the fuck am I supposed to say about this ending?!

I love it, but I hate it. I wish it happened, but I wish it didn't.

This is a bittersweet ending. Even though Mike suffered heartbreak, he saved two lives and fell in love again after Alex's death. But if Alex lives then both die, but Mike and Alex stay happy...

I just can't make a decision like that. I can't...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story but it deemed others unreadable.

Honestly, I love your writing and really want to read all of it. However, I won't. The way you set up a lot of your separate stories as interconnected is confusing and the connection doesn't always work. (ex. I read this so I won't read "Things Change" because it doesn't match with the alternate ending of Wings of Gray.) I wish you would put all of these in the same series, like "Wings of Gray Part 1 Chapter 2" and then the following story as Part 2 and so on. You could have made it a choose your destination type story and let people choose beforehand whether to have a (semi) happy ending here with no more reading or a sad ending and a new beginning.

Also, I'm a firm believer in one love. That's it. So it bothered me to read the first few lies of a different story and see Mike with someone else. But that's just me, and I realize it's unrealistic to stay single forever. Still bothered me.

I would really like to read your stories, but by reading the alternate ending instead (I'm a sucker for happy,) the other stories won't flow. If there were new characters with no connections whatsoever to this story, I would without a doubt read and probably love all your stories. Just know it's okay to continue the infected concept with a brand new story with new characters. In fact, I would like that a lot because the infected idea is so unique and interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
So saving one life costs two.

(Spoiler Alert)

I feel bad that Anthony, and Chris die without Mike entering their lives, but what about Alex? His only happy ending comes at the price of two young complicated lives. If he dies Anthony,and Chris live, Mike is able to find happiness again, and even Ethan finds love after Alex's death. It's not fair that so many lives future happiness depend upon someone dying.

Perhaps it's selfish, but I prefer this ending, Alex deserved happiness more than anyone and if Chris, Anthony, and Ethan's lives are altered by his living so be it.

The one truly dark cloud to Alex surviving is that Carey never meets Ethan, and Carey deserved happiness as much as Alex. Two sweeter souls you've yet to create than Alex and Carey. Too bad their paths never crossed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

thank you and i appreciate you taking your time to make it a happy ending for all the heartsobs #writeforlife

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Read

I actually think that you needed both endings. I know it seems weird but the alternate seems like the clean-up or come-back after a bad joke. The first ending rushed and left you with a sense of loss, but I guess that's the point. The second has a HEA but the same issues still persist making you feel like the dangers are still there so the HEA is as fleeting as a singular moment. I liked this story, it made me think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I actually think the first ending was better it felt more real then the alternitive. But still thank you for writing it beacuse now i know they could have had a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

That was sweet, mixed with enough kinky/embarrassing parts to not be sugar overload. Thw original ending had a lot more impact, but it made me tear up so I'm tempted to go for the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
good

Really happy you added a happy ending but you were right, the original ending was better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Endings

This was s very good and well thought out story. I loved both ending but the original ending did fit the story better

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyalmost 3 years ago

I prefer this ending because I like happy endings chile

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I prefer the alternative ending. Mike and Alex deserve their life together. "Things Change" is about Mike not being able to let Alex go in each chapter. I feel that Alex is the true love of his life and Mike's connection with Anthony is not as deep. As for as Anthony's and Chris's story ... the future is in constant motion and many people meddle with it. Mike and Alex staying together does not seal their fate. There are many different forces at work, always.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous