All Comments on 'Winterborn Ch. 02'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
gunnycdcgunnycdcover 13 years ago
great story

Woodmanone, once again you have a great story going. Im so glad you have connected it with your other story on this time frame. Im looking forward to more of this story and how it ends. You have a knack for writing western stories, please keep up the good work.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
They just keep getting better

Loved how you tied your stories together and the way this one reads keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story, Woody

But you are gonna get him introduced to every major gunfighter and every major fued before the story is over. Since you are sending him toward Prescott, you must be going to get him involved in the Graham-Tewksbury sheep and cattle war, probably the bloodiest of all.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
that was a long stop over

but 3 years of drifting before going home for a few days followed by 2 years as a temporary deputy is establishing an extended pattern?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved the pastors hypocracy

Praise the lord and pass the money

Dillon always ready to kill

DeKreDeKrealmost 5 years ago
Geography?

How do you do that, going from Wichita Falls to Abilene while passing into Kansas about half way?

BigDee44BigDee44over 3 years ago

"Didn't Jesus say something about turning the other cheek Pastor?"

Just a comment about this. One Sunday I was presented with this description of what that really means. I will be as short as I can.

From time memorial until the invention of toilet paper people have used a hand to clean themselves. Usually the left hand, and so it was in the time of Christ. That was a dirty hand and was never used to eat, shake hands, or do anything with in a social situation. Wealthy people could wield power over their servants and others. Sometimes they would discipline by hitting. Socially, it would be unacceptable to use the open hand, so the back of the right hand would be used. Now, in "turning the other cheek", the powerless person presents the disciplinarian with the choice of whether or not to use the left hand to make another backhand strike. However, doing this would be socially unacceptable, even for hitting a lower caste person. Now the disciplinarian is in a tough situation. The powerless now has power over the more highly situated person, and is in a position of strength.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago
Other Cheek

Did not know that! Thanks so much!

Again a terrific story!

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2296 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES