All Comments on 'Wood'

by rosehight

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Green_GemGreen_Gemabout 17 years ago
Lovely

Just wanted to say this was a lovely little story and a great first time submission. You write well, please keep going.

Sincerely,

Green_Gem

eightballbumeightballbumabout 17 years ago
Nicely done

Great first attempt. Keep em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Beyond Superlative

I have been reading this site for over a year and have been through the Top Stories submissions a couple of times. Your writing stands among the top three, if not the very best, of all those that I have read. Although not an English major in college, my profession has required a close and detailed attention to the language, and your writing is such a refreshing and enlightening experience in contrast to what ordinarily appears in these pages. Your use of phrase and verbiage is more than excellent and draws the reader (at least, this one) on with anticipation for the NEXT portion of the story.

To read someone who has enough emotional maturity to understand that once you place your story in print it is definitely as much for the reader's enjoyment as for the writer's (so often written very defensively by authors in these pages, "I just write for my own pleasure!"), is a true pleasure.

Thank you for your small gem (sized, only, because it is so short), and, please, write again and again, especially, if there is more for May and David to share.

Jenny_JacksonJenny_Jacksonabout 17 years ago
Very Nice

For a first story, this was very well done. I'm impressed. And that's coming from a great crumudgeon. :kiss:

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueabout 17 years ago
Jenny said that?

That was really lovely for a first time out. I thought you captured the feelings sowell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
speechless

just wonderful! I miss the words to describe what I want to say. I'm waiting for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I hate to disagree but I thought it was lovely for

any time out. Well written, well thought out, enjoyable and enthralling. I was impressed with the writing skill and the depth of emotions you pulled from your characters. So many people can't seem to find that and it leaves them with paper dolls instead of people. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very Well Done

Your story is a rare find scattered among the stroke stories, bodice rippers, and the stories only prisoners and the mentally disturbed could find amusing. Your story paints a picture with three-dimension characters, not the flat two-dimensional that 98% if the writing on this site contains. Thank you, great job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A gem!

What a good story. I agree with previous comments that this is indeed a contribution of rare quality. Both sensual and sexy; love the way you told it. You have set a high benchmark for yourself!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
completion

Sometimes a story reaches you. Thank you for your imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent!

What great writing, wonderfull story,this is to me what it is suppose to be about. Just not enough writers around with this talent. Thanks.

Unbridled_PassionUnbridled_Passionabout 17 years ago
touching and sexy

I love kissing in the rain! Great story, loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great !

Great !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Better than Tasters' Choice.

Tasters' Choice instant coffee had a beautiful series of ads that ran on Canadian TV several years ago. It seemed to trace the development of a romance between two warmly attractive people, apartment neighbours.

Many Canadians (maybe the ads ran elsewhere, too) looked forward with anticipation to these ads, and watched them with great pleasure. I pictured these two people as I read the story, and my recollection raised my pleasure even beyond the supreme level that the story itself did.

Alas, the series of ads is at an end. I shall be very disappointed if this story is not the beginning of a charming - not to mention arousing - series.

Aurelian

TE999TE999about 17 years ago
Very well done!

Touching and lyrical. I look forward to reading more of your work. Good luck in the contest.

l8blooml8bloomabout 17 years ago
Wow, I'm impressed

...you're an excellent writer. Nice balance! The character & background development was just right -- not wandering off into nonessential droning, while keeping enough well-chosen details to make these people real. That's when sex has a chance of becoming soulful -- of making the reader give a damn. Very well done! Hope you'll write lots more.

ShiggyMotoShiggyMotoabout 17 years ago
Excellent story

Your writing style is fantastic. The dialog was well-written and flows very smoothly. The story itself was easy to read - I had no problem imagining this actually happening. The references you made to nature during the erotic scenes were fun to read as well. Again, excellent story and I'm looking forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
nicely done

We are all dying to hear about their next adventure

DarkniciadDarkniciadabout 17 years ago
Strong characterization

Heavy on characterization and metaphor - wonderful tale! Some of the word choices weren't my cup o' tea, but that couldn't detract from the strength of the story. Good luck in the contest!

Dark/LesLumens

HikergirlHikergirlabout 17 years ago
Just Beautiful

A truly worthy submission. I imagined reaching out to stroke the warm wood; I could smell the scent of life in the greenhouse, and I watched with glee as David and May kissed in the rain. Thank you!

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerabout 17 years ago
Wow

What a wonderful story. Writing style, characters, pacing - and something I can't put my finger on that drew me right in. I'm looking forward to your next submission.

SpecialKSpecialKabout 17 years ago
Best writing I've read on Lit in awhile!

Wow! Your diction came alive from the screen when I read it! I loved this story! Best of luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Truly, delicate, lovely, simply wonderful

What a lovely story. Succinct, alive, tender & truly wonderful. Superb talent. it would be a joy to read another episode of this story, or a new story. The tale is as delicate as the white flower given from one lover to her partner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
FANTASTIC

I love it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amazing writing!

This story is incredible. I have never read a story of its quality. It brought my imagination to life and left me wanting more. You have an amazing talent for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Goodness...

... That was head and shoulders above a lot of things I've read, even from more experienced writers. Keep it up! I look forward to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous