All Comments on 'Word of Mouth'

by miwoodsman

Sort by:
  • 789 Comments (Page 7)
CARLVPCARLVPover 2 years ago

I’m a physician. Initially trained in Surgery. First assignment was pay back with Public Health Service a rural clinic mid way 25 miles either way from two larger cities of around 80 to 100 thousand population. This was in 1970’s when medical practice was less formal and restrictive. I would up doing a lot of on site minor, and in cases not so minor, surgeries. Vasectomies, lesions of all kinds, trauma, sigmoidoscop and obstretics. Clinic was well equipped with a “minor” surgery room and equally well staffed with a woman was a certified X-Ray and OR tech. Had Picker X-Ray suite. Worked ER weekends

One day a woman shows up without appointment an appointment refusing to give reason insisting on seeing the Dr. I agreed to see her asked she be triaged. M. beat aFrozen section positive round the bush variety of complaints what I refer to as “total body syndrome”. Finally I said, M. You didn’t drive 50 miles to see me for…what is bothering you”. She blurted with tears I found a lump in my left breast. Indeed had palpable left breast small mass. Work up proved consistent with CA, . Performed mastectomy lymph nodes negative.

M. was 78 yo. I was 35 and single. She looked 10-15 years younger than Biologicals age. Not unusual for slender petit women. A very attractive woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

best story I've read on this site! Actually teared up reading the last bit. Thank you.

sexymeupsexymeupover 2 years ago

This is the 2nd time I have read this story and I cried at the ending both times I read it, it is the most moving story I ever read in the 70 yrs of my life, outstanding job writing this, I give it a billion stars and then some, it is not often that you find a wonderful read like this, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Best story on Literotica by far

gorillaTgorillaTover 2 years ago

A great read. The characters were wonderful and real. Keep writing you have a talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unbelievably wonderful story and if this doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you have no feelings. Best Literotica story ever and hope you continue. Thanks for sharing and making me stop to think how short life really is....live every day to its fullest, and like it's your last day on earth.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

good story, keep on writin!

Smm1Smm1over 2 years ago

Third time I’ve read this story and it just gets better each time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautifully written story, especially so if true, I can feel the pain & desperation of the Lady as well as the curiosity that you went through during that period of your life. If this actually occurred that Woman was braver than She realized & you were very brave as well, funny how Life teaches you lessons in the strangest of ways…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

very well written, touching while revealing our humanity in its darkest hours. was glad that he did get Kelly in the end but to be honest, I was kind of hoping it would have been Amanda - his very first 'client'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Outstanding. And beautifully written!

robertlrobertlover 2 years ago

This is one of the most powerful stories I've ever read, your skill is unmatched!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicos disease and death were a little trite but the sex was stimulating with loving and passion beyond the lust. I would have loved to have had a Nico in my life.

whacky76whacky76over 2 years ago

Wow you made me cry you fucker, that was awesome. This might be the best story I have read at this site. Five stars, now I wish I could take back a star from others I rated as five because they don't compare to your writing.

sblackmoresblackmoreover 2 years ago

I think this is the third time I've read this one and it's like a gut punch every time. Well. Fucking. Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nothing to add.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is the first story I have commented on because it was so well written. (and I have read a few let's say) It was a pleasure to read and I plan to re-read it in the future.

Caldwel2Caldwel2over 2 years ago

Spectacular and enthralling even at the third reading.

Focke WulfFocke Wulfover 2 years ago

I am rediscovering Literotica, and contemplating posting here. Now I feel intimidated but also a bit inspired after reading this. Yes, it's erotic, and maybe the revelation of Nico's affliction might strike some as a bit cliche. But there is so much more. The feeling of growing up into one's sexuality is very real and believable. I may not have had that sort of anxiety fifty-odd years ago, but the uncertainty of relationships and the desire to explore was very much like that. I need to discover more of your work.

OpenWordsOpenWordsover 2 years ago

Damn. You broke my heart a little bit...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. That story was a bittersweet surprise. Sure sounds like they were at the University of Michigan and then Kelly went to vet school at Michigan State.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

NICE!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellabout 2 years ago

Amazing story. You pulled at my heart strings there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My brother-in-law died last year from the same thing. My heart breaks for Nico. It was wonderful what she did for Thomas. May she rest in peace.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

This is such a good story it is a pleasure to read again and again, tears and all.

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 2 years ago

Second time reading it tore st my heart at the end again.dam good story and one lucky guy. For both the woman in his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful, thrilling, exillerating(sp), everything you said it would be. Thank you 😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I guessed a terminal illness would be involved, but it didn’t lessen the hurt when it was finally revealed. A wonderful story that excited me, aroused me, saddened me and brought tears to my eyes. Bravo Igreenwood, bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding, well

written.

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

Dammit, Nico's story would have been heartbraking even as complete fiction - the thought of it being real makes it much worse.

Hope you'll have many happy decades with Kelly.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 years ago

Well, that certainly was different. I liked it very much. I am 82 and have had 2 loves die of cancer. One was the love of my life, we met when she was 45 and I was 36 and lasted until she died at 85, it was so hard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

like many others i have read this wonderful piece a couple of times. still gets me teary at the end. so well written. and of course being a true tale makes it all the more relevant. i am sure that you ,and Nico, made your university/college time about more than just study. and i hope you think back fondly on your time together. thanks for sharing, regards TIM

HayboysHayboysabout 2 years ago

Harrowingly enchanting with sad but triumphant encounters sad at times journey, but Avery happy ending it couldn’t have involved much more different emotions the story plot twisting and turning throughout and a beautiful sub plot at the end with everything being beautifully explained and beautifully tying it all exactly together , but also allowing you to have curtain amount of suspense that made you not quite knowing why certain actions where taken by our heroine Nico right until the end . A beautiful cherry placed on top of a beautifully crafted Cake / Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This has to be the most heart-breaking story here.

BadBoyEnglishGentBadBoyEnglishGentabout 2 years ago

this is the first time i have left a comment on any story and i have read loads but this one being true really grabbed me . what a wonderful girl she must have been so lucky to have met her yet so sad to have lost her ,what courage she must have had

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Whew.....what a story. This maybe a fiction but, definitely real life rooted. Top shelf written.

jerry3ddd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Splendid. Not just erotica, but a rather gripping storyline. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome writing. It felt like I was there experiencing all that Thomas was feeling and going through. Looking forward to reading your other stories.

gnomelandergnomelanderabout 2 years ago

Intelligent, well-written, an interesting story line and full of compassion and love. What more could you ask for?

irbaboonirbaboonabout 2 years ago

sexy, hot, beautiful and sad. thank you for this story

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASabout 2 years ago

If this really is based on something in your life, what happened to you, which nobody here has any reason to doubt it is...I am SSSOOO sorry for the loss!!

Yet, Thomas and Nick gained so much, in the oh so short time they had ❤ together..."I cannot have a boyfriend!"...MY ASS!! What did she think he was?!

Yet, again, I can understand Nico's hesitancy, knowing what HER future was; then, the last time with Thomas, gave her virginity to him...So Sweet!!

When I started reading the part about the message Nick sent Thomas, I was bawling like the big baby I am (65 years old, & blubbering, my wife thought I was in serious distress!! Was laying in bed, reading before going to sleep...that made for a difficult time)

How the story reflects life ("Art Imitates Life"??), the found and lost love, the hope for something more...and then...

Kelly and Thomas...

This is a 'favorite' story...will read it again sometime...wonder what frame of mind will bring me back to it??

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌☔☔☔☔☔⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

intense, erotic, emotionally twisting! This is one of the very best stories I have read on this site. Thanks so much for writing it!

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brilliant story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You made me cry. Well done

GongguyGongguyalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story. Very well done.

Ilovetophoto68Ilovetophoto68almost 2 years ago

WOW. I love the story and your writing. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow. What a story! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

v

Very well put together. Timing and situations were spot on and really engaged the mind. I found myself actually hearing a real person telling me what happened. The sex was excellent, but enhanced the story rather than dominating it.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaalmost 2 years ago

Cried at the end...

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

Damn.... why are my eyes leaking H²O? 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was easily one of the best stories I've read here at Lit.

And I've read a LOT! LOL

Seriously, can I give it more than 5 stars?

Yarnspinnerr ;->

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Start working on the screenplay for the movie!

It will be a real tear jerker.

Sman4444Sman4444almost 2 years ago

Wow, best story I’ve ever read on Lit. A few parallel threads to my life. Hard to believe I haven’t come across it before with so many favorites on it. Tears in my eyes. Great writing all around. Can’t wait to read your other stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

great story. maybe the best i have ever read on this sight. i know i had read part of this before but did not remember the ending being like this, or maybe i never finished it. yeah, i cried too.

hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You simply made me weep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

that was just great, so many dimentions to it not just the sex, which was great. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was amazing. And painful. It had me in tears by the end. Life can be stranger than fiction because almost this exact same thing happened to me recently. Well, not the actual sex part, but, we’ll here’s the short story:

11 years ago, when I was 41, my wife and I hit a rocky patch and came within just my signature of getting a divorce. What stopped me was the fact that, even though I was the adult in the relationship, I wasn’t interested in having to jump through hoops just to be with my two kids (a son and a daughter), so I called it off and reconciled.

However, during the 3 month separation while we were going through that, I met someone. She was only 21, but a very old soul, like me, and wise beyond her years. We joked that she was basically half my age, but catching up fast! What she saw in me I’ll never know. I initially approached her on a lark, figuring I had nothing to loose, but much to my surprise, she responded to me in surprising ways. I’ll call her Erica…

Needless to say, when my wife and I patched things up, I never mentioned Erica. And didn’t stop seeing her, either. Meeting her made me realize that I’m a @peanutbutter and jelly” kind of guy and I was only able to get peanut butter at home. Erica was the jelly that added all the sweetness to my life that I realized I had been missing.

But Erica was fiercely independent, like me. Our butmrthdays amaretto only 3 days apart and we were true Aquarians-we pretty much marched to our own beats. It just so happened that our bests were very similar.

Erica lived about 75 miles from me, so sneaking away to see her wasn’t a fault thing, her having a full life and me with 2 kids and a wife, who , even though I lived her, was as much my oldest child as much as a wife. On top of that, I had a busy professional career with loads of responsibility and accountability.

I would go spend time with Erica as often as I could. My favorite tunes were Sunday mornings. My wife thought I was going into the lab to catch up on reports and the other administrative bits of my job. But the truth was, I had gone to be with Erica. Occasionally, Erica might suggest something during the evening. Those were the nights I would have to work late and teleconference with colleagues around the world. Evening teleconferences are part of my job, but nowhere near as common as my wife thinks! Spending time with Erica was always a privilege I knew I was lucky to have, and I told her so. She always said the same to me, although I couldn’t see why. She was so far out of my league. I was just a regular guy. But spending time with her always made me so happy, maybe that is what she craved. Idk. All I knew was, every minute with her was like winning the lottery.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to see Erica as frequently as I would have liked. Sometimes, I’d only see her once a month; other times, I’d get lucky and be able to spend time with her 3-4 times a month.

This has gone on for the last 11 years. Even though she was one of the most mature and worldly and adult 21 year olds I ever met, she didn’t stand still. Over the past 11 years, I watched her continue yo grow, and become more determined and wise and I loved every minute of it.

She had no kids and never planned to have any kids. She, however, was the mist loving, doting aunt she could be to her nephews. Several years ago, her adolescent neice came to live with her temporarily. Well, that ignited her parental fuse and within several months, she became her legal guardian. Erica was always growing and learning, but taking on parental responsibilities for a young teenager was a quantum leap driving her development.

Having my own teenagers, I’m not the best parent, but I’ve raised some great kids despite that! So I’m not totally unskilled at parenting. Etica always felt safe confiding her feelings and parenting experiences win me. And, honestly, I think she was always on the right track. I simply validated what she instinctively knew. But she had confidence in my abilities, so my validation actually meant something to her. Which of course made me feel awesome.

The point of all that is it was/has been a distinct pleasure to be in her life. Both as a mentor and as a lover. To say that I was proud of the woman she became and proud to be involved with her and a part of her life is a huge understatement.

Until the Saturday evening before Father’s Day. That is when I was notified that Erica had committed suicide.

It turns out that about 6 months ago, she had received the same diagnosis as Nico after having a seizure. She never told me about it. I do have a significant amount of medical training, so maybe she didn’t tell me because she didn’t want me to feel like I had to help her. Idk. As I said, we’re Aquarians, and we both March to our own beats. Maybe she felt like I might try to influence how she managed it. Or maybe she simply didn’t want to burden me with it. Idk. Unfortunately, I’ll never know now.

The last time I saw her m, a couple weeks before she passed, we had an incredibly sweet pillow conversation which continued around the kitchen island in her apartment. She really had trouble expressing her feelings, but I know that even though she didn’t actually say, the words “I love you”, she told me that she did in her own way. Looking back on it, the kiss goodbye was deeper and more passionate than usual, and the hug tighter and longer. I was walking on air as I left already looking forward to the next visit.

Being with her made my mind vibrate like a tuning fork, the resonance of which could be seen as the smile on my face I always had for hours or days after being with her.

That last conversation was my “video”.

Despite being a secret, she was a huge part of my life over the past 11 years. She had the most beautiful brown eyes. Looking into them deeply when being physically intimate was nothing short of mesmerizing! I can still see her soft smile and eyes in my mind. Because if that, Van Morrison’s “Brown eyed girl” was the song that I lived because it always made me think of her. And since she was a secret part of my life, it has been extremely difficult to grieve. Barely 12 hours after learning of her passing, it was Father’s Day and my 17 yo daughter gave me the sweetest card with a playlist she built for me. I scanned the 2-d code with my phone and, without even looking, hit play…

Luckily, something happened in the kitchen at the bay moment and both son and daughter shuffled away to see whatever while the first notes of “Brown eyed girl” started playing, causing me to breskdown crying.

I was barely able to pull myself together by the time my kids returned. It was both the most awesome Father’s Day and the worst fathers day ever. Kids took me to breakfast. It was a struggle to be cheerful on the outside while I was destroyed inside. It was all I could do to make it through that and get back home where I could go out into my shop, where no one bothers me, and be with my emotions.

Reading this story, I never saw this coming. But the last bit has just hit me so hard because I have lived it, unfortunately. And, like with the Father’s Day playlist, my wife was near me when I got yo the end of the story., it was all I could do to jump up and run out yo my shop before she noticed that I was starting to cry again.

Thanks for a well-written story. I’ll probably re-read it many times, just like I go back and re-read texts that Erica and I have shared over the past years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was beautiful. A real piece of literature found on a site of smut.🤣 Well done.

JakeQuadradJakeQuadradalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Totally unexpected twist and a brilliant look into Nicole's mind. I loved the whole story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 + sad, ending good.

ukrainianukrainianalmost 2 years ago

Very rarely does a story touch me in the way this one has. Very rarely does a story and as I want it too. I guessed the ending in page four and it was perfect. This story should not be in an erotic story site that few people will get to read. It deserves to be a book. A proper novel better than 50 shades. Something that could be made into a film. You deserve that. The characters deserve it. Please write more along the same lines. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fuckkkkkkkkkk me.

As I read this story, it had the erotic sense and as an avid reader, I could see where it was going, he was going to finally have sex with Nico....however, after that happened, I noticed there was so much more to read.

Definate ending that I didn't expect, I would rate this story as excellent, almost like the first time I watched "The Sixth Sense". That was the ending that changed this story from pure erotica to a true love story.

Thanks for sharing. Well done.

BTW, this is the first comment that I have ever left on any story I have read over numerous websites.

RicknCenFlRicknCenFlalmost 2 years ago

Technically flawless and emotionally riveting. I'm looking forward to reading your other stories.

Horseman68Horseman68over 1 year ago

Total Excellence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Engaging, takes you to the edge, then elegantly releases your erotic mind. Masterfully written. Love it. Peterpumpkineater

Ilovetophoto68Ilovetophoto68over 1 year ago

As I finished reading this, I had tears in my eyes. What a wimp!!!!!! Great story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

BEST. STORY. EVER.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Bookmarked it in 2021, forgot about it, read it again, great sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great piece of writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oldie but goodie!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best Ive ever read. Thank you n

J6480J6480over 1 year ago

Brilliant, the best story on the site, and I've read a fair few. See you haven't contributed for 5 years, pity, hope you get back to the keyboard again soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just a crazy story that makes us all wonder what the other “Client

Is thinking xx

WetmartinisWetmartinisover 1 year ago

The kind of story I like. Thete is sex, yes, and explicit as is should be here, but is it the underlying story which gets the stars.

And it is very well written, which I love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Delightful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Incredible story; well, written, erotic, intriguing, great character development. Five stars.

FunseekeresqFunseekeresqover 1 year ago

Poignant and erotic a seldom seen alloy in literature. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly a great story with such a sad ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fuckin amazing story

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I. Must have read this a couple of years ago and on rereading it I still think it’s great, a silly love story really but a lot of thought has gone into it, so still a top story

Love2FlyLove2Flyover 1 year ago

Usually I will avoid stories over 3 pages. This one though,, wow! This has to be the hottest story I have read on Lit.. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the very very very best stories here. The full human experience.

Please keep writing. Either here or somewhere. But keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your story was incredible, it pulls you in and just grabs you,the best read Ive read so far,keep writing as you definitely have the talent.(Bravo)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not crying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't know if its my mood or what.... that story was excellent. Bravo !

dckukdckukover 1 year ago

Damn. Definitely not the story I was expecting, but it was much better than I had expected. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! A total twist to what I expected and so much better than what I expected. This work entertained, excited and moved me, quite a feat! Thank you.

Grey_LupisGrey_Lupisover 1 year ago

This was AMAZING. I would totally buy this movie. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I stumbled on your story in February 2023, I'm so glad I did. I encourage you to keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Been reading stories on lit for 10 years, my new Personal favorite ! What really is an anomally for me with that choice and high.praise endorsement for your writing skills stems from the genre of stories i choose from (95%) of the time ! I usually select ( most often to least), from incest/taboo, lov wives, forced without consent,bdsm, very rarily first time ! Your story had the sexual content of all those genres, and character build was very relateable ! Truly the best story i have read my only complaint would be it was a few pages short ! I believe it would actually make a good Netflix series , ..... Im going to read more of your writings and looking forward to them , Thankyou and Goodluck with your litterary journey

AndrewMarxAndrewMarxover 1 year ago

An absolutely beautiful story. You combined true eroticism with a compelling personal story. I never saw the reason for Nico's neglect coming until you revealed it. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Came for the sexy, stayed for the story. Wtf just happened?

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous