All Comments on 'You Can Always Tell'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
Fourth Paragraph

"A woman had came in, dressed to kill..."

I read all your stories. I guess you could have put this in Loving Wives. The neanderthals woulde have blasted this one. Pretty neat little moral lesson.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Basically a believable story!

Well justified and brought carefully. I did not even feel them set the hook. I guess he should worry in the future about wives who do not tell him that their husbands want to watch!

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
The room clerk might well have been in on the scam !

True this is very short, short story in terms of word count, but quite girthy in laconic, observational humor. Las Vegas as a tourist town would probably catch that pair of grifters if they operated over a period of time. It's much safer then say New Orleans in that regard. The house advantage is edge enough.

Ty MGM for this bit of flash minimalism told as few but you can. I enjoyed the dispassionate but acute slant of third person narration. Foibles of all characters were held up and examined with a jeweler's thoroughness.

cpetecpeteabout 11 years ago
Great!

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
the putz got screwed ...

should have realised there was something wrong when she had to try three cards to open the door...the guy on reception must have been in on it as where else would dhe get the door cards......next time he will be alert when he gets it off with another fuck slut skank whore.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
i get a kick out of watching

this type of cruisin at the bar scene. many years ago in a bar with an friend, I saw a fancy lady come in and take a seat at the bar. I said to my friend " hey that is one great looking lady". He said that is NO lady wait about 10 minutes and her husband will come in and sit across the room. You know the rest of the story.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
1 year of medical school? So he has 4-year degree? Most probably in chemistry or biology?

And he had to have very good, if not terrific grades to get into med school. And he’s working in a warehouse as a laborer for the last 2 or 3 years? Not likely.

Interesting idea for a story. 3-stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...