All Comments on 'You Can't Throw Everything Away Ch. 02'

by shuttlepilot

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
So far, so good.

Very good, in fact. Don't be concerned when DWornock posts whatever scathing review he comes up with. He only reveals his massive rectal-cranial inversion.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 12 years ago
Not moving too well in this chapter.

There is some wry humor and a few amusing thoughts, but this story is bogging down a bit. Perhaps there's too much talk and not enough action?

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Interesting . . .

. . . mainly because I have no idea where your story is going and that has me intrigued somehow. I keep expecting some bright light to flash and make everything clear, but what if it doesn't? Could this be a soap opera that never ends?

DrallDrallover 12 years ago
Intriguing!

I don't know where this is going but it's a fine ride and I can't wait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Does the wife have an iq about 90?

Because that's how you've written her. Retarded. this story is the same. Retarded.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
They say truth is stranger than fiction

This almost sounds like it may have an element of truth in it. I was married for 10 years and I can't tell you the number of times I heard my wife talking over an Oprah show with her girlfriend.

So far so good. Keep going, you have me intrigued.

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
Interesting

Like the premise of your story but, like Hardaysknight I would like to see it move a little faster. I tend to get bogged down in minutia in my stories also so I understand. Looking forward to the next installment and, hopefully more concrete actions and discoveries. You have painted a picture of many stay at home wives who are bogged down in Soaps and TV talk shows. I suspect she is also deeply into the magazines that cover celebrities and their affairs. Are we going to see references to them or the tabloids?

Sidney43Sidney43over 12 years ago
Good start

The marriage is doomed IMHO because his wife really does not want to be married to him, other than for his income. She does not like anything he likes and that is fatal unless you just like living with someone. Life is too short.

On another note entirely, you mentioned Janet Evanovitch's books and that struck a nerve. I started reading them because my Wife had read them. One day this summer, while on vacation, I threw one down half way through it. I told my Wife that I could not stand one more word about an incompetent female bounty hunter, who along with her female sidekicks does the same idiotic crap over and over again.

Your hero has to move forward in life. Starting his own law firm was one step. If he learns anything from Evanovitch's characters, it is that you have to learn from past mistakes and not keep repeating them.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Why does he want to stay married to her?

...a silly and boring wife, whose interest - if there are any beside watching crap on TV - do not match any of his. All I am waiting for is him to get rid of her and get a life he deserves better.

Why is this story on LW? The first two installments would have better fit with non-erotic.

3*

teh568teh568over 12 years ago
Boy, What A Loser

I mean the wife not the husband. With no proof or any indication that he is actually cheating, she beieves what is written in a book by a person that she 'does not know'. She obviously does not trust him and I wonder if she ever did. I hope there will be a third chapter, although I do not see any good endings for this marriage (perhaps that is a good thing).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LitEROTICA

The site is Literotica. There's nothing erotic here. If the story was written by Hemingway, I'd still give it one star, because, as erotica, it fails completely.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

It may be erotica, because the stupid wife sends away the husband to another woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

just divorce her and be done with it, she's obviously never going to believe him because she trusts a book more than him, that should be telling him something.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
AWFUL truly awful.... b/c there is No REASON to say the marriage

wow this is awfully because we all KNOW.. KNOW!!... that this is going to be a RAAC story but the wife will not even consider that he might not be cheating.

This is NOT about reading a book.

This is a CHARACTER STUDY and no amount of marriage counselling will help or fix what the wfie did on her anniversary.

His life and their marriage doesnt give her 1 second of doubt to her.

*** SUPPOSEDLY ** the wife is a wreck according to her friend. REALLY? lets veview...

When he come back home is he wife crying or sobbing?

no.

Does she says she might of been a bit rash ?

no?

She wont even agree to see a marriage counselor until he pleads and begs.

all this lead to 1 question... WHY is being married to this cunt so important to him that he willing to risk all this pain and agony?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
We Get the Love & the Government We Deserve.

But not necessarily the Loving Wife (story) we deserve. This story started out with a dynamic premise. It centered around how poisonous mass media is absorbed wholesale and void of independent thought .

The author has made this excellent point repeatedly. Other comments denigrate all principal parties . I agree . She is like a textbook ' starter wife'. He's grown. She had regressed. He but needs to recognize this patently obvious state of affairs. Split the savings . Sell the house, give the droning twat her due 50/50 split.

Then cremate a herd of sheep as a sacrafice to the Lord in thanks for there being no children. Just be careful the aforementioned twat doesn't think it's a barbecue and get immolated with the herd of her kindred spirits .

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
THIS IS NO MARRIAGE

WHY would a lawyer stay married to a bimbo with no common interest, an IQ of 100 or less,a tv addict, who believes everything she reads,why isnt she working , this is a non marriage and what person with no kids would stay in such a situation.It make no sense..most women have a slower libido than men, and to have a man that lasts, making love is a blessing but this bimbo is one screwed up bitch...

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Chapter 01 was much better.

I agree with other readers. This couple has nothing in common. Jo Ann sits home and watches TV all day, living in a fantasy world, instead of working. When her husband wishes to take her out, she apparently declines most of the time. They have no shared interests, they have no social life, and the awful put-downs on their 10th anniversary suggest she does not love him, let alone trust him. There is no point being married.

But going out socially with secretary ("sex-retary") Eileen is a big mistake if he is really trying to save his marriage. All Jo Ann needs is some photos of them together from a P.I., and the judge will crucify him at divorce court. It would make her accusations true, even though she essentially drove him there. He needs to cool it for now, or just file for divorce. He sounds wimpy so far. These issues, as well as the slow pace and delay (8 days) between chapters, are making it difficult for me to continue with this story.

ohioohioover 12 years ago
The good and the not-so-good

I find the husband's emotional struggles compelling and well-written, even if they do dominate this chapter quite a bit.

But the wife's behavior is so odd, and so utterly unredeemable, that it's hard for me to continue to take the story seriously. She's a cardboard villain in a way--so deluded and disconnected from reality that it's impossible to see what the husband sees in her. From the descriptions of their marriage to the marriage counselor, there's nothing there to save.

Thanks, ohio

B0isecascad3B0isecascad3over 12 years ago
Marriage Counselor?

Great Story. He is in a position so far that he need a "Crisis Management Team" more than juat one counselor to get him out of his situation. I will be looking forward to see how this works its' way through!

Bob

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Well...

With all the talk about books he should take a few pages from Kowalski's. Get in the car, dump the clutch and let it roll.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 12 years ago
Wow

He should have never fed this stray bitch when she showed up at his house. Once you feed em they are hell to get rid of. Burlap sack and a couple of bricks and a deep creek.

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Interesting but a bit painful

This business of believing in books is really amusing. I have had problems with people who keep insisting that their interpretation of a scientific text means that something can not be happening. Oh well I guess there are many books to be misinterpreted......

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

I agree with most of the others. The wife is too stupid to live, really. Pretty much enough said about that.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Insanity

The wife is delusional. The whole story is about elevating her delusion to some level of reality. The counselor seems to be on to her. I think that's pretty funny because I have observed that counselors seem to get wrapped up in identifying with the patient. They look for rationality in the insanity when there actually is none. So this counselor is refreshing in that she is clear thinking.

Consider this premise: I live on the moon and everything is made of green cheese. Is there any point in trying to defend reality to such a person? He is a loving husband. His wife is insane. Counselors are supposed to help reconcile differing points of view. How can you reconcile rationality and insanity? Why would you want to? She needs a psychiatrist, not a counselor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Keep the car

Dump the bitch

Find a good woman (or a dog)

Live happily ever after*

*at least happier than he'd be if he stayed with that Suzy Braindead doll he currently has for a wife.

demantoiddemantoidover 12 years ago
I applaud the effort, but...

This was a disappointing read, compared to the first installment. Here are some of my peca dildos. 1. There was way too much pseudo angst, indisicion, and mental discussions that lead nowhere. My god, even Hamlet would be appalled.

2. Where was the character development? Everyone turned turpitude. 3. There was a real lack of any tension or action. Lots of needless paragraphs. For instance, there was a line "Mom, I need some advice"., but was the reader privy to this advice? Nope. Or when he quit the law firm...well that was pretty dramatic, but there was no real build up to this decision. I, the reader, felt like the author was saying to me, "hey go fuck yourself, I'll write a scene, but then don't expect any excitement or insights into the plot development because I don't really care". 4. What really annoyed me was the line "Bill laid on the bed reading one of his wife's books, Lemon Meringue Murder by JoAnne Fluke.". Naturally, I thought the wife Joanne was suddenly an author...made absolutely no sense, until I finally figured out that this "Fluke" was a real authors name (via google search). In the same vein, the Janet Evanovich reference relating this authors theme of modern woman's sexual confusion via the media, was silly, as Evanovich's books are totally tongue and cheek...that is the fun of reading that kind of fluff. Taking her books seriously is absurd. Look it is alright if the wife is potrayed as shallow, I get that, but letting the male protagonist fall for this "media" zwieback went counter to his character. 5. I was heartened with the marriage councilor scene, great potential, but I didn't get all the breaks. It killed any fun and rhythm. Further, it seemed hurried.

Hopefully, this author is just setting up the readers for a better part three. This rant seems too mean and critical as I review my verbiage. My expectations were probably too high. In retrospect, I still enjoyed my reading experience...just not enough as before.

chytownchytownover 12 years ago
AWFUL!!!!!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Please no more to much time has already been wasted. Good luck on future stories this one is a DUD to me!!

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Great!

Unusual, but "welcome to real life". As written, it is clear that JoAnne is .... I'll be kind and call her a borderline stupid bitch. Eileen looks ready to pounce; but then, why wouldn't she?!

Looking for #03.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
BUT CAN IT BE SAVED

or is this just HOARDING...TK U MLJ LV NV

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 12 years ago
I do not comprehend how Ohio can relate to the guys so called....

"emotional struggles" since this author didn't give us one single reason why the guy would have been (even for one single second),

"in love" with this "woman" -child. This story is now arguably laughable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
the author could do better

no story here, who marries a bimbo with a IQ of a 100 or less AND STAYS MARRIED ESPECIALLY AN ATTORNEY..you would have to brain dead and this story is dead to make it work after aLL THE NEGATIVES written about his wife, would take some kind of miracle, no way jose...bury this story now dont make it worse..

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AN OLD PROVERB

or a wifes tale,,,,,you must not believe what you read....TK U MLJ LV NV

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 12 years ago
iq?

Anon

Half the people have an IQ of 100 or less. That is the nature of IQ's . So I am guessing you are on the under side.

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
It started out okay

The first part was decent and I was enjoying the mystery of "The Book". This last chapter seems disjointed and segmented, like short notes rudely slapped together in an attempt at association. There are too many "holes" in the story, which adds unwarranted confusion. I had to reread certain parts to insure I understood the intent. And I'm still unsure that I get it.

I'd like to say it's developed into a good story, but at this point, I'd be lying. I'm sure you'll take into consideration the fine suggestions and sound opinions made by the commentators with the next installment, as I believe this story has the potential to be far better than it currently is.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

This bounced from one thing to another and I simply lost interest.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Fascinating -

I am enjoying the circles, personally, she is nuts - so be it - he needs to grow a pair and move on - let's see how it develops -

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Your story took a nosedive here.

After he came back all he does is whining to god and the world to please tell him what to do, its disgusting. Meanwhile his Wife is soo unbelievable unlikeable that one can only ask what the fuck did he see in her in the first place. And best of all you just let it slide. If my Wife would get me microwafe food at 7PM and then leaves me alone to watch Operah I would divorce her right there.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Fuck counseling

And kick the idiot to the curb! Wife has an I.Q of a rock, husband whines too much... Dump the dummy

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Stupidity

Its increasingly hard to believe that a hot shot lawyer actually married someone with the IQ of a hamster (apologies to a hamster.)

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago

Not really sure where this story is going. It is kind of going in circles. Not really sure there are people as dumb as this wife is made out to be.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
I THINK A COUNSELOR IS A WASTE

one or both need serious shrink help, TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
two questions

since you have given us no back story regarding how they met and married, what ever attracted them to each other in the first place?

and

How did he pass the bar exam?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

The wife and the husband both come across as dim bulbs in this chapter. The first chapter was much more compelling. She likes trash TV and he likes trash movies. Okay, I'll modify that. He goes exclusively to see big, dumb movies, and then doesn't enjoy them. That and he loves model trains. Nothing wrong with that, but considering all we know about him is he watches those movies, goes to car shows alone and has a subscription to a model train magazine, he comes across as maybe just a bit of a man-child. The wife is worse. Much worse.

Dating his secretary isn't exactly conducive to fixing his marriage. If he wasn't interested in fixing his marriage, I wouldn't blame him, but he is so why is he doing that?

The counseling session had potential, but why are they taking a break every thirty seconds? It's hard to maintain interest.

I'm hoping the third chapter picks up, because the first had a lot of potential.

PearDrop3PearDrop3almost 10 years ago
JoAnne

Her character is three sandwiches short of a picnic.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Is JoAnne stupid or what?

The best line was Dr. Hadley's thought: "If he wasn't cheating, he had a good reason to."

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

It lost something after ch. 1. I believe at this point that the wife needs some serious psychiatric help. She basically is making no sense and it seems she, by her actions, is the main problem of the marriage. One more chapter...

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 9 years ago
wow

Time to abandon ship. She needs to be committed.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
ITS THE OLD CHOO-CHOO TIME

and peanut butter. TK U MLJ LV NV

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Stupid bitch?

Are there people really this dumb?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
thanks for the offering, but

this wasn't believable for me because I've never met a lawyer who was both a pussy and as dumb as a box of rocks. And I've met quite a few. The story rambled back and forth too much between him moving on and then looking for reconciliation..

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Stubborn woman

Joanne is.definitely muleheaded . This is.pretty interesting. Fuck the View and double fuck Oprah.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

His wife is a goofball and he has a problem when he talks to his mommy about his wacked wife.

nestorb30nestorb30almost 4 years ago

The wife is a complete brainless moron, Bill is an idiot for even trying. What does he see in her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What does Bill see in her?

Breasts?

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Why does Bill want to save this marriage? It makes no sense

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

hes guilty of putting up w/ her self centered idiocy long enuf. 1- make her get a job, 2 cut off taking care of her every whim, make her do some shit herself, 3 take away benz or bmw, she want fancy car she can buy fancy car herself. she a nutty fruitcake and should be divorced asap for irreconcilable differences.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

Nice progression but honestly l’ve bushed her already. She’s a dumb, stupid bitch.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

How do you explain to a small child that the mother is an idiot?

Danger09Danger09over 1 year ago

😭😭😭😭😭I don't understand why he's even trying to save this marriage?.. he married an immature brain dead idiot😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭....why stay with someone who doesn't trust you? 🙄... I'm thinking she's the one cheating and is projecting like a typical scum bag cheater

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Who would have children with such a vapid, disrespectful cunt? The therapist needs to help him divorce her quickly and quietly.

SexecutionerSexecutioner7 months ago

Counseling & religion (as the author briefly mentioned in here) are two of the biggest, most detrimental cons in history.

This guy puts up with her bullshit way too much.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

JoAnne is a mental nutjob. Her dialog is stilted. She sounds like she is a robot. She has been indoctrinated by a book and Oprah? Please. She sounds like she has a disassociative mental disorder. Of course it is being telegraphed that she is cheating. Almost certain that will show up next chapter. How else woukd she come up with he takes to long for her in bed?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Note to OP: the premise is STUPID. Nobody tries to reason with her, nobody tries to make her see how stupid her conclusion is. Even the marriage counselor seems too passive. Most of part 2 is a rehash, re-rehash, and re-re-rehash of part one. Find a freaking editor. 1 star

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous