You Never Know

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ooo, Yes Doug," she softly cooed, "That's it baby, yes, fuck me." She wasn't loud at all, and I felt like I was being fully enveloped by her love, keeping me safe from all that had ever haunted me. As I looked into her eyes, I found myself becoming oblivious to everything around me but her. Up until now, I had been resting my weight on my arms so that I could look at our coupling, watching as my cock slowly plunged in and out of her.

Jennifer put her hands on the back of my shoulders, and I could feel her pulling me down so that our bodies were pressed together, my weight resting on my elbows now as opposed to my arms. Her body felt so soft and smooth as she ever-so-gently rubbed back and forth against me. "I love you, Jennifer," I breathed into her ear, making her purr like a kitten.

And the faster we began to fuck, the more lost in her I became, until suddenly, she arched her back, and with a loud moan, she cried, "OH MY GOD, DOUG, I'M CUMMING. YES BABY, THAT'S IT, FUCK ME, YES FUCK ME, YES, THAT'S IT, DON'T STOP. AHHHH! YESSSS!"

I began to cum right as her orgasm finished, shooting what felt like gallons of sperm deep inside of her, drenching her vaginal walls with my seed. I tried to roll off of her so as to make it easier for her to breathe, but she stopped me by locking her arms and legs around me saying, "Not yet, baby. I want to feel you grow soft inside of me."

Once I finally did grow soft and slip out of her, I rolled off of her to lay beside her, though I never once relinquished my hold on her. We layed together and explored one another's bodies, hearts, minds, and souls, and somewhere in the process, fell asleep in each other's arms.

~~~~~~

Chapter Eight

When I awoke, the sun was up and my bed was empty. I got up and went into the bathroom, and noticing that my robe was not hanging in its usual place, I opted for a pair of shorts instead. I put them on and then went in search of Jennifer. Because it was only 8:00 am, there was still a small chill in the air. However; I found a pot of coffee already brewed on the stove, with a hand-written note on the counter next to it that read:

Good Morning, Baby,

I went down to the pier to practice for my long swim. I called Sherry at home and she went with me. I'll be back in a little while. Last night was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. I love you, Doug.

Jennifer

I smiled after I read the note, remembering the previous night's activities. God, I loved her, and it was as plain as the nose on my face. I poured myself a cup of hot java, went back into my bedroom and put on a long sleeve tee shirt, and then went out onto my back deck to enjoy my coffee in the morning sun.

I took a seat in one of the two chais-lounges that an old friend of mine had made for me, then put up my feet and laid back. The sun's rays were gently beaming directly down upon me, and I could feel the darkness that once haunted me, beginning to slowly fade away. I knew that Jennifer was the one who was responsible for it, too, because we were now a part of one another. I'd told myself since right before I got out of the Navy that, the next woman I got involved with was going to be for more than just sex. I wanted to be in love with her before I ever slept with her, and that had definitely been the case with my Jennifer, no doubt about it. As I thought of how she made me feel whenever she was near, I laid my head back against the lounger cushion and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~

I hadn't intended on falling asleep, and when I opened my eyes; the sun was high in the sky, and a pair of beautiful hands with long slender fingers were snaking their way down my chest. I saw her hair, and as she leaned down to kiss me, she put her mouth close to my ear and breathed, "Hello, my beautiful lover," then our lips met, and in that moment, nothing else mattered.

"Hello, Beautiful," I smiled, "Did you have a good swim?"

"She swam the entire distance on her first attempt, Doug," giggled Sherry from behind me, "I went ahead and gave her credit for her swim."

"Very cool," I grinned, "Did you take her picture and send her certification papers off?"

"I gave it to Alice Bennett, at the post office," said Sherry, "And she said that it would be in this afternoon's mail run."

I stood up, pulling Jennifer into my arms, and after winking at Sherry, I kissed her on the lips and said, "Well I guess that's it then. Congratulations, and welcome to the world of diving. I know you're going to enjoy it, sweetie."

Reaching over and bringing Sherry toward us, Jennifer pulled her into the hug, and with her arms around both of us, she smiled and replied, "I owe both of you a very big thank you. I couldn't have done this without either one of you."

"We know," Sherry and I simultaneously replied, making us both laugh.

"Jeez," Jennifer giggled, "You guys are too much alike."

Sherry laughed, and while smiling at Jennifer, leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, and said, "That's alright. Ain't it, big brother?"

"It sure is, Baby Sis," I replied, giving her a familial kiss on the forehead.

"Awww," Jennifer cooed, "That's so sweet."

"He's not the hard-ass that he pretends to be, Jen," Sherry laughed as we broke the hug, "You just gotta look past all his male bullshit. Deep down, he's nothing but a big ole teddy bear."

By this time, my face had turned a bright of red, and both Jennifer and Sherry were howling with laughter. I just smiled, and shaking my head, said, "Silly bitches!"

Suddenly, the laughter immediately ceased, and with her hands on her hips, Sherry glared at me and said, "Just who are you a calling bitches, asshole?"

"Yeah," said Jennifer with a slight scowl.

Before either of them could react, I swiftly gathered both of them in my arms. And while laughing like crazy, I simultaneously swatted both their asses with my hands and said, "Both of you are bitches and I wouldn't have any other way."

~~~~~~

An hour later, Sherry had gone home and Jennifer and I had just finished making love. As we lay in one another's arms talking, Jennifer rubbed her soft palm across my chest and with a sweet smile on her face, looked up at me and asked, "You love Sherry very much, don't you?"

"Of course I do, "I smiled, "Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I just think its sweet, "smiled Jennifer, "You treat her like you would your little sister."

"I still remember the day she came and applied for a job," I said, smiling at the memory, "She had just graduated from high school, and informed me that I would be making a mistake by not hiring her."

"Awww," Jennifer giggled, "That's adorable."

"I fell in love with that kid on the spot," I chuckled, "But I'll tell you, she's been the best employee, as well as one of the best friends I've ever had, and that's why I adore her like I do."

"She sure loves you," Jennifer said meekly, "That's for damn sure."

"What?" I laughed, "What is it?"

"Well," she uncomfortably began, "When she found out that you and I were sleeping together, she started asking me all kinds of questions."

"Oh, yeah?" I laughed, "What kind of questions?"

"Damn," Jennifer replied a little uneasily, "It was like I was talking to your mother or something. It almost sounded like she was jealous, Doug, I swear."

I pulled Jennifer's body as close to mine as I could, and with a loving smile, replied, "No, I assure you that that's not the case. I'm pretty much, the only family that little girl has, and she's just being protective, that's all, baby, I promise."

"I sure hope so, Doug."

"She'll be just fine," I said, "Just you wait and see."

~~~~~~

That afternoon, me, Jennifer, Sherry, David, Chuck and Todd, were all aboard Andromeda headed to Key Largo and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park for a relaxed afternoon of SCUBA diving. With all the coral reefs available there, I knew that Jennifer would have an exciting first dive, now that she was certified.

Once we had arrived and were hovering on sight, I instructed Chuck to buddy up with Jennifer, as I still had a few items of paper-work I needed to finish up before I could go diving. After everyone had gotten wet, I began to trudge through the Government forms that I'd yet to sign.

I thought that the ship was empty until I heard a knock on the pilot-house door. I turned around to find Sherry standing there with big tears running down her cheeks. "Hey, now," I said, "What's all this about, sweetie?"

She ran to me and buried her face in my chest, wrapped her arms around my waist, and said, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm so happy you found love, Doug. I've been praying for you for a long time now."

"Awww, there there now, baby-girl, "I soothed, running my fingers through the hair on the back of her head, "That was awfully sweet of you to do that for me."

Leaning back away from me, she smiled, and after kissing me on the cheek, Sherry wiped her eyes and said, "You're the only family I've got, Doug. And I've noticed for a long time now, how lonely you've been. You did a good job of hiding it from the rest of the crew, but not from me."

"I never could hide anything from you, "I grinned, "Could I, Baby Sis?"

"You're damn skippy about that one," she replied with a hug, "I love you, Big Brother."

"I'll always love you, Baby Sis," I replied, tightly hugging her in return, "Until the day I die."

~~~~~~

That night we all went out to "The Rusty Anchor" for dinner. Of course I had the pan-fried Yellow Tail like I always do and the company was, as always, wonderful. Chuck and Todd declined the dinner invitation, telling me that they had some work to do aboard Andromeda before we got underway the next morning. However, David was there with us, and never really noticing until now, I realized that Sherry seemed to be very happy about that, too.

"So, are you two an item now?" I teasingly asked Sherry, winking at Jennifer.

"Well, Doug, it's like this," David uncomfortably replied, "We've been kind of seeing each other for a while now. I hope that's not a problem, Boss."

I stood up, and glaring at Sherry, asked, "Are you two sleeping together?"

David rose from his seat to stand toe-to-toe with me, and looking me directly in the eyes, sternly replied, "Doug, you and I have been friends for a long time now, but I really don't think that it's any of your business."

I stood glaring silently at him for a few moments, and then smiling, patted him on the shoulder, and said, "Because you're willing to stand up to me in my little sister's behalf, that lets me know that your intentions are honorable, Dave. All I ask is that you treat her well. She's the only sister I'll ever have so, be good to her."

Sherry suddenly stood up and wrapped her arms around my neck, and kissing me on the cheek, said, "I love you, big brother, and I always will."

"I love you, too, baby girl," I smiled, "Let's have a round of drinks, on me."

"What, are you kidding?" laughed Sherry, "Dinner is on you, too."

As we sat back down David and Sherry held hands, interlacing their fingers and smiling brightly at one another. "So, how long have you two been seeing one another?" I asked grinning.

"Only for a couple of months, Doug," smiled Sherry, "But David treats me like a queen, he really does."

Reaching across the table and patting her on the arm, I winked at David and replied, "I'm sure he does, sweetie. Dave's a good guy and you two have my blessing."

"Thanks, Doug," smiled David, "I really appreciate it."

"As long as your relationship doesn't interfere with our work I'm not worried about it, "I said, "But the minute that something....."

"You worry too much Doug," interrupted Jennifer, patting the inside of my thigh beneath the table, "Everything's going to be fine so, relax a little."

Before I could reply, the lights in the restaurant suddenly went out, making it pitch black. But before I could say anything, Chuck and Todd appeared out of nowhere holding a giant cake with forty-five burning candles on it. Happy Birthday, Doug," laughed Todd.

"Aw, man," I groaned, much to the laughter of everyone at the table.

As soon as the lights flickered back to life, everyone in the restaurant began to sing "Happy Birthday" making Jennifer and Sherry giggle loudly. After I'd blown the candles out and everyone finished applauding, Sherry winked at Todd and said, "I told you he'd forgotten his own birthday, Todd Jackson so, you owe me twenty bucks."

"That's funny," laughed Jennifer, "You forgot your own birthday, Doug?"

"He does it every year," giggled Sherry, "And every year I win money betting on it."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I teased Sherry, "I ought to make you pay for dinner, young lady."

"Well, I would," she giggled, "But I work for a cheap bastard that pays shitty wages," causing everyone at the table, me included, to howl with laughter.

We were all sitting around the table enjoying the company and fellowship of each other, when coming from the front door; I heard a familiar voice say, "Hoo-yah Doug, and Happy Birthday, my boy." I turned around to find none other that Admiral Mike Nelson standing in the door-way wearing the biggest shit-eating grin I've ever seen.

"Hey Mike," I grinned, rising from the table and walking toward him, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here on vacation," he laughed, "Besides, I haven't had the chance to go diving in a while and I was kind of hoping that you might know some place around here that has cheap rates on equipment rentals."

"I might know of such a place," I chuckled, "But at your age, they're liable to ask you when your last physical was."

"You're still a smart ass," grinned Mike.

The moment we got to the table, Jennifer stood up, and placing her arms around his neck, kissed Mike on the cheek and flatly said, "Hi, Uncle Mike. How was your flight?"

"What do you mean by Uncle Mike?" I asked, a bad feeling suddenly rising from the pit of my stomach.

My displeasure must've been evident of my face as Mike sheepishly replied, "She's my sister's daughter, Doug, and none of this is her fault so; if you're going to get mad at somebody, then get mad at me. This was all my idea."

I immediately realized that something wasn't right. I didn't know what it was, but I was sure that it had something to do with my grant. And because Jennifer and Mike were directly involved with it, then I was sure that they were in on it. I didn't quite know what "it" was, but my gut instinct told me that it had something to do with my being "available" to work for the government. That was something that I'd made clear from the beginning that I was not going to do. . "All right," I replied, with a touch of anger in my voice, "Would someone like to tell me just what the fuck is going on here?"

The look of dread that suddenly washed across Jennifer's face spoke volumes, not to mention the fact that Mike couldn't even look me in the face at all. It caused a feeling of betrayal that began to take root within me, and trying to still maintain my composure, I started to speak.

But after seeing the look on my face, Sherry rose from her seat, and quickly placing herself between Mike and me, said, "Before you get all pissed off, there's something you need to know, Doug."

"I'm listening," I flatly replied, stepping back away from the table and crossing my arms in a defensive posture.

Sherry took a deep breath and began, "Do you remember the week that I stayed at your house while my place was being painted last year?" I nodded my head, "Well, one night I heard you crying in your sleep and it really bothered me. I peeked into your room, Doug, and what I saw scared the hell outta me. You look like a frightened child, it was so awful. I never said anything to you about it because I didn't want to make you think I was snooping into your business."

By this time, Sherry was crying as well as attracting the unwanted attention of the other customers in the restaurant. As opposed to making a scene, which I knew to be eminent, in public, I laid a wad of bills on the table, then turned toward the door of the restaurant and quietly said, "I'm going back to Andromeda, we can continue this there.

~~~~~~

I hadn't waited or anyone to follow me as I bolted out the door of the restaurant before I hopped into my jeep and took off. As I drove to the marina a thousand thoughts went through my mind, thoughts of betrayal by Mike, thoughts of my work, wondering what was going to become of it, but most of all; the thought that Jennifer had used me to do the government's bidding hung above like the sword of Damocles.

~~~~~~

Once I was aboard Andromeda I began to feel a little more at ease. I still wondered how Sherry fit into this equation, but she would definitely tell me everything she knew, that much was certain. Like I already said before, she was like family to me and I knew without a doubt where her loyalties lay. Still though, it was going to be interesting to see what she had to say.

I hadn't been aboard Andromeda for more than twenty minutes when I saw Sherry, Jennifer, and Mike all walking down the pier headed toward the boat. As they drew nearer I could see the look of fear that still remained on Jennifer's face, reinforcing the betrayal that I'd felt at the restaurant.

Once they'd reached Andromeda and boarded her, Sherry wasted no time taking up where she left off, and said, "Like I was saying back at the restaurant, Doug, you're the only person that's ever come close to being family to me," again she cried, "And I love you, and don't want to see you hurt."

"What does that have to do with them?" I asked her, pointing to Mike and Jennifer.

"A month before you went to Washington to make your grant presentation before Congress, I called to confirm your appointment and was immediately transferred to Jennifer's office. Over the next few weeks we had several opportunities to really talk and sort of get to know each other better. During those talks, I told her that she really needed to see your presentation if she got the chance. Well, she did and after she called me back and we talked, I knew that I simply had to get the two of you together."

"So, where do you fit into all of this, Mike," I asked him, with my arms still crossed defensively, "And don't tell me that it's all a coincidence. You know I don't believe there is such a thing as coincidence."

"Part of it is not really a coincidence, but more like an accident," Mike sadly replied, "But then again, part of it isn't."

Jennifer still hadn't said a word since we left the restaurant, and I wanted to give her a chance to defend herself so; I simply looked at her and said, "Please tell me you're not a part of this."

"She's not, Mike, I swear," answered Mike.

"I'm all ears then," I flatly replied.

Mike looked me in the eye for the first time since he'd shown up this evening, and with the same determined look on his face that I remembered seeing as a young Frog, he told me, "I came to warn you that Congresswoman Jane Ostermeyer, a democrat from Colorado, is coming to requisition you, your crew, your boat, and your submersible for some bullshit research project she's got going on somewhere off the coast of Guam. It has something to do with a World War Two German destroyer that supposedly sunk in the area."

"Requisition," I spat, "Don't you mean steal? Well, fuck her and her so called project."

"If you don't do this, she'll rescind your grant," Mike replied.

"She can't do that," I harshly replied, "Who the hell does she think she is?"

"She heads the office of Congressional funding, Doug," Jennifer quietly replied, "And, she's also my boss, Doug."

"So," I barked, "That doesn't give her the right to dictate the way I use the grant. I don't give a fuck what she thinks or says."

"I don't like it either, Doug," Mike said, "But there's nothing you can do about it."