All Comments on 'It's Who You Know Ch. 08'

by IvoryTusk

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
congraulations

Awesome, gripping and well written story ... How we get more, from you to read soon

baikalisanbaikalisanover 9 years ago
Wonderful

It really was just a wonderfully written story and thank you for writing it for posting every day and for finishing it !!!! I can't wait to see where you go from here!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank You!

For sharing your gift with those of us who crave well-written, compelling, smart, relatable and sexy-as-hell fiction. Well done.

IvoryTuskIvoryTuskover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Thanks a lot for all the feedback, public & private comments!

I don't have anything else in the works right now, but I do have ideas. If I do go ahead with the "sequel" to this it'll follow David, but he's straight, so it'll be a slightly different flavour story, sorry. :P

I'll always have things finished before being uploaded, so you'll always get the whole thing in one go. (Or 1 chapter a day as the site does it)

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 9 years ago
One of the best things on this site.

This was a fantastic story. Like another commenter said, I really appreciate you finishing the story and posting chapters every day. I loved the characters, and you did a great job of leaving it open if you ever want to visit them again. You are a such a talented writer, and thank you for sharing this story with us! I hope you post more the future. If you ever consider expanding this into a novel, I suggest fleshing out Darrren's past -- more of what made him the way he is -- and for chrissakes, let readers in on why Zack and Tyler killed before!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
simply amazing

I loved this story..the pacing the characters the plot the writing. .everything! Please please write more stories! I love ypuryour work

judojonjudojonover 9 years ago
sweet job

I was holding off writing a comment tip the end. For i like all stories that continue with awesome characters. You did a great job at showing the way for guys to come together,in friendship and love it truly was so touching. Great Job

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvrover 9 years ago
Amazing and Beautiful....A Wonderful Christmas Gift

Ivory....thanks for an amazing read, an incredible story with well-developed characters whose love is real. While I admit it took a chapter or two to get used to the switch offs of narration, I simply couldn't put your story down until the very end. I gave you 5's on every chapter but like others, am only commenting now! It was wonderful, and worthy of a sequel. If you are as young as you say you are, you have a brilliant future ahead of you as a professional writer! This is definitely publishable! THANKS again for a fantastic read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
?

I don't like the ending. Has it ended? Anti-climatic.

It flatlined after the proposal.

321wriley@gmail.com

dez421dez421over 9 years ago
wow

Just wow.

Awesome job from beginning to end. Amazing first effort please keep writing can't wait for more from you. Would even love to see where the future gos for these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More please

I've read on this site for a while and this is my first comment. More please! Daniel's story, different category...I don't care. This story was captivating, well timed, and a great read.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 9 years ago
Loved it

From the first paragraph to the last this was a captivating and great story but I hope you do more with these guys, we still don't know why he was targeted and if what those goons said was true what does his Uncle know that Darren doesn't?

I really do hope you do more and can't wait to see what comes next

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Nice

First comment ever, but I really loved this story good luck in your future endeavors.

MatancaMatancaover 9 years ago
Wonderful

Don't stop now. Whether you're foreshadowing a story with David or start something new, I'd love to see more from you. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
excellent story!!

Is there going to be a story about David? Omg I can't wait! Love your story by the way, excellent writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Please. Never. Stop. Writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Simply lovely

I totally loved the ending, you didn't leave it hanging but you didn't over-do it. The start was a little slow but in the next chapter I really got into it. Beautiful writing, and I think you should continue it on from David's perspective, if you would? Even if you don't continue to write I'm sure I'll make my way back for a re-read of the series.

IvoryTuskIvoryTuskabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks a lot to everyone again. David's story is in the works :)

AllAboutTheBassAllAboutTheBassabout 9 years ago
Happy......

To know that David's story is on the way, just read again, always one of my fav!

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckalmost 9 years ago
Amazing

What a fantastic story. You write like a champ and I'll follow you into any category. Well, almost any, lol. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
read this again

I loved the ending, the build up, tylers declaration of knowing that marriage, Darren was for him, so why wait around. It was very much in his character to propose that way. the relationships between all four main characters were well drawn out and individual, like I knew them all.

I would have liked to have seen a conclusion on the threats, who were those people, what does the company actually do, it had an undercurrent going that gave room for the characters to show their strengths, but didn't reach the potential of thriller drama

overall I did enjoy it and encourage you to keep going with your writing. you did a fine job

IvoryTuskIvoryTuskalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you for that thought-out comment. I'm in the midst of giving this story a second go and rewriting it with full focus on the plot, and hoping to achieve all the things you mentioned.

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlabout 8 years ago
Wow!

I'm not sure how I missed this series before. This was absolutely fantastic! You're a wonderful story teller.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Good story, all the way through - only fault was the threesome. Why, oh why, do so many writers on this site write about loving, "monogamous" relationships, then throw in a threesome, as though that somehow "doesn't matter"? It matters. It's like pregnancy - either you're monogamous or you're not.

Lily_of_the_ValleyLily_of_the_Valleyalmost 8 years ago

I've given you 5 stars all the way, in spite of a few problems (your rating should be higher).

I like how the two very different personalities come together in such a convincing way, how Tyler manages to get his act together before it's too late, and that neither character overvalues material wealth. Things that worry me are: the mental instability implied by Darren's dangerous driving - that needs to be resolved; the threesome (WTF? in the middle of a true romance?); the unresolved storyline of who exactly the bad guys are - for a more satisfying HEA, we need to know they're dead and buried; and (this just being a personal preference), it would be great if our happy, stable, committed couple had kids - the world is full of willing surrogates, after all, and they'd be good dads.

IvoryTuskIvoryTuskalmost 8 years agoAuthor

Heya, thanks for the recent comments. I never know if there's much point replying here because I'm not sure how many people would come back to see if the author replied, but I love a discussion if people say things that make me think.

About the monogamy - there are lots of people in the world who are perfectly happy with open relationships. They do what works for them. It might not be your personal taste but there's no need to demonise people who don't fit into your ideals. I wasn't aware that it was some sort of trope on this site before I wrote and uploaded, but I also don't think it explicitly stated anywhere in the story that Darren and Tyler were supposed to be strictly monogamous. The whole holiday was for the character development of breaking down barriers and doing crazy things, and being able to come out of it stronger rather than broken.

Otherwise, I'm sorry that this story in its state was purposely left unfinished. It ended even sooner than I initially planned (at the wedding, rather than after two more murders) because my second story Hornet's Nest was my initial story idea, but it became so complex in my head that I decided it would be fun to write some of what happened with Darren first to help me get my thoughts straight. All of this was written on a whim and for practise in different genres.

So yes, Darren has a lot of mental instabilities. The bad guys get brought to light in HN for anyone who's curious. And Lily_of_the_Valley I understand your personal preference because I'd love that too :D Tyler would make a great dad. But unfortunately Darren doesn't want kids and would never make a good dad, he struggles enough to be a competent uncle to David.

I'm still working on rewriting this story from ground up.

holesomeholesomealmost 8 years ago
I'm floored

Thank you for writing this. This story put me on a journey I wasn't initially ready (or willing) to go down, but I'm on the other side and feeling rather cathartic and lightheaded. This is what I have been combing this website for. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
loved it

thank you. I love stories like this that have a real positive "story" and not just about sex. Fine characters who are so different, yet come together in the end. I do hope you

you write more stories. I like the way you write and in particular the way you have brought all these characters together. Brilliant and well done. We need more from you.

LadyKSnowLadyKSnowover 7 years ago
Wonderful series

I absolutely loved this series. The character were great, the story was amazing. So well written. I think if you get so into the story that you get sad when its over (um yeah, that'd be me), its a sign of a talented storyteller. Keep up the good work!

islandchicaislandchicaalmost 7 years ago
you know it's strange

That although this is an erotica literature site so people read for lots of sex I'm more interested in the plots and get so entangled that most times I scroll past the sex scenes to get to the story itself. Awesome story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Congratulations. This was a wonderful story. The plot was more important than the sex, although it was hot too. Grammatically it was mostly good, but you need to know the difference between "normally" and "normalcy". It took a bit of time to get used to the different narrative voices. Now I'll go looking for what else you have written.

IvoryTuskIvoryTuskabout 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think we have the word "normalcy" in British English but we do have the word "normality". If you can point out any bits I messed up wording or terminology I can go over it.

Starrynight22Starrynight22almost 6 years ago
Perfection

What a wonderful series. Kudos to you for an amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
second time reading it

made me laugh and cry again, love both of them, knowing their thoughts and loves, you wrote that they were compatabile and the characters so are, compatabile and complimentary together. great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I’ll read anything from you -

I loved this story and the sequel too! Even though I read them so far apart I had t realized they were connected! Wonderful characters great action, engaging plot twists and interactions. Thanks so much for writing!!!! One of my favorite authors :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIvoryTusk@IvoryTusk
147 Followers
If you're reading this because you've read my works - thank you. A lot has happened in my life since initially uploading here. My two uploaded series were written during a whimsical rush of inspiration, with focus on "just getting something done", but I decided I liked the i...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES