All Comments on 'It Could Happen to You'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
badinbedbadinbedabout 9 years ago
Again the usual...

...and the usual is EXCELLENT, FABULOUS, FANTASTIC, perhaps even qualifying for that much overused superlative: AWESOME! As an extra bonus I learned a new word too...

dyonysosdyonysosabout 9 years ago

Good writing carvohi ,really i liked it from start to finish,the tension ,the suspicions and in the end it all came together 4****

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 9 years ago
This story has everything needed...

..and now its got another 5*.

Thank you for giving us the pleasure reading it.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
5 For a Real Loving Wife

Nice Change from the usual.

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Harsh

I like stories by carvohi and maybe I am being harsh but I gave up on this one, in short, they date but no sex, she breaks it off because she wants to date others, gives up her virginity to another, wants to come back to Michael saying I am ready for you now. Yeah right, you wouldn't touch her with a ten foot barge pole, on your bike missy. And here lye's my problem to be young and foolish and make mistakes is natural this couple is to stupid to be credible and I simply lost interest in reading further. I mean no disrespect to carvohi he entertains with many good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Fucking boring as shit. What a waste of time.

kelchakelchaabout 9 years ago
Nice Effort Here

Saw the first few comments. Fuck em. I liked the story.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Nice double standard about virginity, and way to use rape purely to motivate a man to rescue her. Not to mention blaming her for being drunk and "allowing" it. The same sexist shit that is basically standard from this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Catholic Father-in-law is a Mason --- Not possible

Story is "OK" but not as good as your others and it is distracting to insert a completely wrong fact when it doesn't even fit in or add anything to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very confusing, meandering, illogical choices and actions, and irrelavent side trails.

What's with all the meandering lead up at the beginning? You have Michael begin his story, twice, in the Starbucks. Starbucks has waitresses?

So Celine comes to love Michael instead of David, but then decides she wants to date around? But she's mad Michael starts dating too? And how does Celine know that Michael is fucking Marge? And once Michael thinks Celine is damaged goods why does he come back to her? The plot was too simple for the complexity you created, and the characters' behavior was, well, out of character so often that it became tedious and boring to continue. OK, I admit that halfway down the first page I went into skimming mode; there has to be a story her somewhere. There is, sort of, but the story is a lot simpler and less interesting then all the drama and complex interactions you fabricated. It just became a bunch of stupid thoughtless and sometimes cruel people doing stupid thoughtless and sometimes cruel things until finally Celine and Michael are supposedly solidly together. But, why did Celine never tell Michael about that last conversation with his brother, and what they talked about? Just way too many failures to communicate, or miscommunications, or impetuous unprovoked actions. Why did Michael suddenly decide to throw Celine out of his car and out of his life? Just too stupid and contrived to be enjoyable. I finished the story and am taking time for the comments in gratitude and recognition for your previous work. This is not one of you better efforts. But thanks for trying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very true and very emotional!!!

gave it a 5

RePhilRePhilabout 9 years ago
That was thuruly enjoyable

5 & FAV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Story

Gave it a 5. Great story and you are one of the better storytellers here.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
Trust...

Good story...he wasn't secure of himself and of her love for him...That lead to his trust be mined...Only when he learnt to trust in his wife and in her love, that the marriage became a secure one...4*

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 9 years ago
Not a great story but a good one.

4 stars for the writing but you do ramble at times. I caught the Starbucks thing too. But the tension was rather contrived. You see, I have 4 brothers and I can tell you that this wouldn't have happened to me; the first time Michael came sniffing around I would have told him that Ma and Pa will be missing a son because I will put a hole through his head big enough to drive a semi truck through, And what is with this "I had you first" BS? I would have told him"Yeah, you did and you tossed her to the side, assbucket. Too bad so sad! Get effin lost!". My family has a guy just like this one in the family and everyone avoids him!

EddboyEddboyabout 9 years ago
hubby

was an annoying little twat

Concritic123Concritic123about 9 years ago
Wonderful story.....

Great storyline. Well written. Good character development. Thanks for the effort.

tarzanswingertarzanswingerabout 9 years ago
another winner

as always good work. this is probably one of your better works! very well done, developed and delivered. finally something more to real life and with good stuff from a loving wife. tarzan and jane

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Good story. What Chagrined said...

Positive thing about this story is that all of the characters were realistically flawed but mostly likeable. Not sure that the overheard conversation wasn't a set up - difficult to tell. If I were hubby, I would get a DNA test on kid number two - trust but verify. Entertaining read, though, and reasonably well-written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

A very good story with a somewhat realistic plot. It's nice with these true loving wife stories that have been popping . I like that she really loved her husband and that he always loved her . Now they have a wonderful growing family. The lying jealous brother was just a thorn who was trying to hurt his brothers family. Weather he had slept with her or not in the past it was long ago and he needed to respect that even if he didn't like it

Odyssey_001Odyssey_001about 9 years ago
Good Story (Rehash)

Carvohi,

Don't you think this is a rehash of your own, Sign of the Times (which was a very good story), only difference being the "hero" is smarter and a bit assertive, and the "wife" is more than a bit dumbed down...

Don't know why but you spoil your writing skill with round-about events and contrived behaviors of your characters (and did I say dumb them down unnecessarily)... I'm all for a certain amount of drama but not at the cost of manufactured histrionics.....

If you want a good example of (in my opinion) everything in right proportion - look no further than "You're not going anywhere" written by...... carvohi....

mike9698mike9698about 9 years ago
good not great

a couple of things. no way david had his parents fooled. yea they may have pretended they believed him but deep down they knew. the scene were he said im gonna fuck your wife was a little off. i got 2 brothers and i love them both. if either one said that to me it wouldve been on.they would be in the hospital. maybe i would be in there with them but they would get hurt. overall an okay story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well

Keep trying. This one is average, because of way too much repetition.

Benedict12Benedict12about 9 years ago
Rehash or Revisit?

Like the previous commentator I can see a kinship between this story and Carvohi's excellent Sign of the Times. I would not, however, dismiss this story as a rehash. Rather I think Carvohi is attempting to explore a different part of the dynamic implicit in an older brother-younger brother relationship. In both stories the younger brother has to cast aside old illusions and see his deeply flawed sibling for what he really is. What makes It Could Happen To You original is the repressed sense of inferiority the protagonist must confront. Deep down he believes that his wife loves his elder brother more than she loves him. Overcoming that poisonous assumption with the help of his devoted spouse gives the story it's note of triumph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It Was Just OK

Usually I enjoy your stories but, as others have pointed out, there were just too many issues which you didn't think through before committing them to paper. I don't mind long stories but they need to be carefully constructed to avoid meandering, sustain interest and maintain credibility.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 9 years ago
It was an ok story but it felt lacking.

And not the lack of sex or potential betrayal, but the guy told a story that spanned 35 minutes to an acquaintance and never asked about his life. And who cares who slept with whom? Who cares if she was a virgin or the town mattress? He wasn't so why should her virginity matter?

All I'm saying is that this story was ok. Not great and could have been told in about one page.

xtremeddxtremeddabout 9 years ago
Carvohi made the story his own.

Those who hoped for different would not like it no matter how or what was written. Those who appreciate the hard work and story... gotta love a good romance.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
A very human tale

I have the feeling that the people who read LW normally will feel that he is a wimp for being so insecure or that he an unknowing cuckold. That insecurity will hit any of us with a few unusual happenings. Personally I think this is a way to lose your happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A really good story!!

I really enjoyed it! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
3*

Thank you for the interesting story. Gave you 3*s .

Keep on writing, friend.

AMerryMan

mcollectmcollectabout 9 years ago
well written

If I see you posted a new story I always read it first,as they are always very good. This one is great in pacing and content. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
"Well to make a long story short I guess I sort of gave up."

Yeah, i wish you'd have made it short. Far too much meandering yada-yada. Not your usual quality. I gave up too.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
WHEN ITS FAMILY

its always the hardest. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
the only thing

I don't get is Devon Buchanan . Why would he be so interested, no more than just interested in the whole story ? It did not look like an coincidence meeting Michael Sullivan. more like he waited for him ?????????

the rest, nicely told but a couple with a lot of problems as they never learned to talk with each other. at least her behaviour still doesn't show toward her husband that she tells him everything she thinks in important things.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

good storyline, but lots of little errors in grammar. Some of the dialogue was a bit unpolished - not typical of your best work. Still, four stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Editor needed

definitely a rough diamond. get an editor to polish it up

ended up skipping pages four and five and did nor seem to miss anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Up to your usual standards

A solid 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Up to your usual standards.

A solid 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Pretty good

Some parts left me confused though. I don't think a good reason was ever offered for her claiming to have let Tommy have her - especially since later on when they had their "let's start over" conversation, he felt she was being dishonest about that. I can understand him not caring about it, but I don't understand him believing her about-face on the issue - or his guilt over not completely trusting her when she has a history of not always being honest with him.

A lot of your protagonist's actions and inaction didn't make too much sense to me, but I still found it an interesting read and I thank you for it.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That was a wow story!

We were all looking for her to slip,boy did you fool us. Beautiful done story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good Story, worth the read

This is really not my type of story. I prefer to read loving wife, cuck stories. You know, GoodHusband kind of stories. Having said that, I couldn't put this story down. There was good character development. The errors were so minor if and when I noticed one, I didn't dwell on it. Would an editor/collaborator be good, sure, but these ARE FREE STORIES. Don't worry about it. I still read the whole thing and I gave you a 5. Keep writing. You have talent.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 9 years ago
Great story

Well worth reading. Imperfect characters and difficult family interactions resolved as in life. Good work, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You Do it Almost Every Time

The true measure of an author is whether or not they can create the tension or the angst that makes the reader want to read the next paragraph, or the next page, just to see what's going to happen. You did it this time, and almost always do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lot of Problems

Half the story was how the couple first met. The background do a story should never be longer than the story itself. Why the flashback, while telling the story the Devon? How in the hell does Devon fit in? Didn't like it. Two stars, for the author of "The Dentist", the most horrible story ever.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 9 years ago
If ...

If a TLW tale is really good, I will give it five stars ... even if it is posted in LW!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
The husband ....

should not have left the flat immediately upon hearing his wifes responses to Davids advances: David, being a druggie and a sleazebag could still have been a threat to the wife and baby.

Also, all the grandparents were ignorant dumbos or Masonic sleazebags themselves.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 9 years ago
what the fuck is it with some of you? are some of you REALLY this stupid.?

it is stunning the number of readers who think this a good story.

WHY would you want to date a girl that you know is OBESSED with your older brother but gets enraged if you tutor other girls?

WHY... After the start over would you date a woman fir several months that claims to love you but keeps you locked iut if her room?

And when you finally see her rom and purse there is not 1 picture of you but SCORES of pictures about your older brother... From 4 & 5 years ago?

No sireee... No warnings here....

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
that was a long hard slog

The initial tone of the story was established as off, down, negative, a bit depressing. Everything that followed was coloured by the initial brush strokes. Was she running around? Did she or didn't she with her first love, the football team, or any of the others when she chose to break it off? Even when they married it was with the side note that it delayed graduation and getting their own home with the picket fence. Then you threw in a red herring the size of a whale when older brother (aka 1st love) slimed his way back into the picture. The nightmare, the scene in the bedroom, and the family drama didn't brighten the sullen mood either.

And yet you want us to end all smiles as the happy family drives off into the sunset?

I am reminded of the Dana Carvey sketch on SNL as GHW Bush wags his finger at us saying uh uh, isn't gonna happen, no siree.

chytownchytownabout 9 years ago
It's ***

One long well written boring ass story. Sorry but that's the way I see it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story

and i don't see anything wrong with me, read the rest of the crap this week and you will understand Harry.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 9 years ago
Nice ending

Trust, verify, and growing up....I see no problem with the story. Thanks for the read.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 9 years ago
So so

I almost stopped reading on the second screen when he took a sip of beer. I had to start over and make sure he had really bought a cup of coffee, not beer, in Starbucks. Any editor would have caught that.

I kept reading, just to see how it ended. As it turn out, it wasn't worth my time.

FD45FD45about 9 years ago

This could have been done in 4pages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Tedious

You have a tendency to overwrite. Plain and simple. Just because some people talk like that doesn't mean you should write that way. The end result is that your writing becomes tedious. Your stories need a good editor; not just for the grammatical errors, but to rein you in when you start to ramble.

wargameronewargameroneabout 9 years ago
Good story

A true loving wife story. The negative nannies are out in force I see. The length of the story was just right. Different writers tell their stories differently. This was all about 2 people maturing into adulthood. The problems of their immaturity caused most of the problems in their young adult lives. Each grew up and together they became one. Life is seldom lived in a straight line. LLAP.

FD45FD45about 9 years ago
Wargamerone, you are incorrect

Please read what feels like the first 50 paragraphs.

He tells us she loved David tediously. He told us he loved her. He told us she hung around his house a lot. He told us he tried to date her.

Then he asks his friend for another coffee...and he tells us the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN! Not in one paragraph either. That is a sixth of a page wasted.

He told us he was insecure...then he told us he was insecure....and in case we forgot, he told us he was insecure.

How many times did he NEED to tell us he was suspicious of David being a dirtbag and a felon? Once. How many times WERE we told? A hell of a lot more than once.

I liked the story, though there were bits of story structure that had me shaking my head. And people do speak repetitively sometimes. But I am not SPEAKING to anyone. I am reading. Every word is an investment in time. Now if those extra words brought new descriptions or emotions or character development, they are well worth it.

This is telling me shit I already know. Because he told me three times and he will probably tell me three MORE times.

I would be less frustrated if cavorhi was a less skilled author. He writes well. But he needs to learn to trim. This is not the first time he's been told this by multiple people.

carvohicarvohiabout 9 years agoAuthor
Hi!

I've been reading and enjoying all the comments.

Oops! The meeting between Devon and Mike started in a tavern, but I changed it to a Starbucks knowing Celine wouldn't want Mike in a bar. I thought I got all the beer out.

Harry! You asked a couple of the right questions. Good for you! I've matured Harry. I look forward to your comments.

About the rambling and length. I warned everyone at the start. You want a shorter story just remember the old saw about the dash. You know the dash on the tombstone that comes between the birth and death dates. That's as short as they come.

Did I leave stuff out? if you don't you end up with a Russian novel like The Brothers Karamazov. Now that was 'cruel and unusual'.

Alas this story wasn't about a happy ending; it was about acceptance and love. Think about it.

Thanks for the comments!

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Ok, Michael frustrated the hell out of me; way too chicken-shit for my taste, but what the hell; it worked out ok, and I was pulling for him. That's talent; you made him real enough that I cared. As for the criticisms about repetitions and the length of the tale; I don't agree. The repetitive worrying helped define his character; and the length of the story was required to bring closure to this stage of his life. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Very good story

One of your best, I'd say. Could have used some closer proof reading, though. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
why put the bullshit

good catholic girl can't have pre married sex. who gives a shit about that.

but ok for the padres and fathers to molest little boys

guess that means catholic is a homo religion.

these cuck tales should not have a mention about any religion.

senorlongosenorlongoabout 9 years ago
A good and different story

Yes, parts of the story were confusing and rambling, but isn't that how someone who is consumed with concern for his relationship with his wife would think? Seeing shadows where none exist is a very human characteristic and is more common than we might think. I thought the story merited my attention simply because it was so different. So many stories here deal with wives and girlfriends who cheat so finding one with morals was refreshing. I especially enjoyed the plot twist at the end. The scene of telling the old friend of the failure of his marriage is a tried and true plot device so the eventual turn was unexpected. I enjoyed it, but that's just my opinion.

thebuffalothebuffaloabout 9 years ago

I don't moralize when I read fiction. I either enjoy the read or I don't. If I'm not enjoying the read I simply quit reading.

Enjoyed this one from start to finish. Characters were well formed and fully fleshed. The story was full of bullshit, but the type of bullshit that was common in the day. Maybe it is still common. I hope it isn't, but people don't change much from generation to generation.

Thanks for the read.

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
Carvohi

Thank you for your comments. I understand and appreciate your feelings and the way you put them to paper (screen?). It is a good narrative on the trials and tribulations of relationships and life. My wish was for a glimmer of hope along the way instead of all the portending's of doom and gloom. I am happy for the way they happen to be at the conclusion and for the ending. But, based on the trail that led them there, I fear that it is fleeting and could all vanish into the vapors at any moment. But, as you have told us with this tale, that's the world we live in. We work for our happiness and there are no guarantees.

So, congratulations on a well written story. It was skillfully crafted. Not too long, not too verbose, succinct and direct. And you accomplished what you set out to do, and did it well.

I will gladly admit that I read for an uplift, a smile, hope if you will. But that's just me.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Enjoyable story

with a good ending. Celina had me worried.

hebert100hebert100about 9 years ago
Good one

Nice story. I was worried about Celine succumbing to David. Even after all those years she still loved him. However her explanation of how that love changed, and her love of Michael had grown and matured was masterful. David, fools gold, and Michael, solid gold. She had left her childish fantasy behind and learned how to love as an adult

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Now that was a rare gift in the pantheon of LW stories.....

.....a story that had characters we could relate to, characters that had so,e personality, that we could care about.

I would have thought he'd beat the shit out of David in the parking lot with no witnesses.....perhaps, because that's what I'd have done. Talking smack like that about me and my bride? Time to put on the kick-ass. And win, lose or draw, I'd have told him to get lost or he'd get dead next time. Even the potential for trouble is not worth the risk....where the two are so emotionally tied.

Yup, he should have trusted in her love and faith more.....on the other hand, in this old world, men that don't mind the fields, lose the crop....I know this, because I did. I had no reason to worry, no fear for her faithfulness and so when I saw danger, did not act. And she gave up everything she said she valued for comfort, for a thrill with a low class slimeball.

We stayed married for the boys, but I never loved or trusted her again. Always assumed the worst when something was even slightly suspect or off color......and for the next 25 years, I spread myself pretty thin in the female population of the nine nations I visited regularly for work. I never allowed myself to love any of them...but now, older and very, very lonely in this sham marriage, I recently decided it was time to find love again. And I found it....in the only woman that ever betrayed me. Why am I sad? Because I am unable to make a go of it with her. I'm leaving for.....another place, soon and will be living with the girl that I had so often there. She was as close as I came to falling in love outside my marriage. After I met her, I was never with anyone else in that country. I hinted that I might want to stay awhile and she fairly gushed that she hoped I would stay forever. She knows my story and accepted me and what I could offer when I was in town. She must have had years of terrible loneliness, if she felt what she expresses for me. I feel I owe it to her to see if we can make a go of it.....and I want to give her everything I withheld all those years.

I have asked my employer to allow me to transfer my BOA to this other locale and to not make that public in any way. To say I've left them for other employ is technically accurate, so an acceptable ruse for them to maintain. Only HR and my immediate supervisors know anything of my situation.

I told my wife I was leaving. I was surprised that she cried only a little and said she understands. I am not filing for divorce, so may become a bigamist, but I will not allow the American court system to destroy everything. She will be happy with the paid off house and her own retirement. She can live on her own income until then. I doubt she'll be alone for more than a week or so. If she wants to re-marry, she can file for abandonment in a year. No fuss there, and far less damaging or expensive.

And perhaps, I will finally be happy.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 9 years ago
Well formed

Excellent story, leading with a premise all the way with a neat reverse at the end. Thanks, 5 stars.

AnnoDonimiousAnnoDonimiousabout 9 years ago
Well FD45 you've become retarded.

You've written a couple of good stories, but most can't begin to compare with this.

If it had been done in 4 pages you would have berated him for not fleshing it out.

Well done Carvohi.

AnnoDonimiousAnnoDonimiousabout 9 years ago
And Harry is still

a Dick.

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 9 years ago
Excellent Effort!

I liked it. Well rounded out characters. Good dialogue. Excellent plot. And nobody died or had their lives fucked up. Thank you carvohi for another Great Read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 9 years ago
Nice

I thought that she was going back to her first love David. I was pleasantly surprised when she didn't. A great tale with enough detail for us to really get to know the characters.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Long Story

Couldn't you have finished this boring story in less words? What a total waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
He may be a self-admitted coward

But how stupid can a man get? Dang, he acted 12 years old all the way through the story and epilogue. Who's feelings was he trying to save? Whose memories? The fuckwad brother was a liar of the first order and he had the proof. Proof that could easily be obtained by anyone else who cared to look. His stupidity or timidity only served to place EVERYONE he was supposed to love at risk. The risk of HIV, AIDS, Syphilis, Herpes, or any of a number of contact disease cocktails dear brother was most likely carrying. The authors statement that he was very think and sick looking indicates something seriously was not right. Yet, all everyone except the protagonist didn't care to even check? Hell, I didn't tell my mother when I was injured on a night jump until two years later. She saw the obvious signs while I was home on leave and immediately asked what had happened. She then took that information to the library (almost two decades before Al Gore admitting to creating the Internet) and before my leave ended, she knew more medically about what happened, what my limitations were, and what my future prognosis was... than I did.After living with it for two years.

We could write a story just on that, "The things your doctor will not tell you but your mother would."

Anyway, the potential danger of NOT releasing bro's lies and health issues could lead to more sickness and death in the family. The risk was too great. All because he is a wimp and an osterich???? Sorry, I had to give 3*'s to an otherwise good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sweet

That is the sweetest story that I''ve read in a long time. Getting there, you had us all over the map with frustrations, fear, and joyful good times.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Damn!!! I mean SERIOUSLY...???

You had me on edge through the whole freaking story... I just kept waiting for the shoe to drop... and then you do a DREAM SEQUENCE?!?

And even THEN... I kept worrying the sleezeball would nail her... I didn't get to relax until he discovered them in the living room... at some point even a good surprise stops being a surprise and just starts being reality - but in this case, both the surprise and reality were worth the wait...

In case this isn't clear - I loved this story... it's nice to have a "LOVING" wife story - it's so out of the norm as to be "wow, good things happen? "

Thanks and keep them coming.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 9 years ago
Nice uncertainty

Another excellent Carhovi story- many of us read looking for the betrayal, but every once in a while there needs to be some simple faithfulness. Other authors might have had the wife make a mistake, the husband head for Alaska and misery and just desserts follow. Plenty of those stories around.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
Good Story

You really set the story up nice so it left a lot of doubt as to what Celine's character was really like. Also, portraying Michael as the worrisome little brother and in this case it seemed that he really had something to worry about really set the stage a nice little suspense story. Thank you

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re-Reading

“She was deathly quiet when she said, ‘You're mine. Understand?’"

Interesting that she doesn’t say that SHE is HIS.

“I hear you married my girl”

There’s trouble right there. He HAS to say flat out, “She’s NOT your girl, and don’t you forget it!”

She’s so upset about the beers, let’s see her show that same irritation when she sees David!

It’s suspicious that Celine doesn’t believe him about the disease when he can SHOW her on the Net.

He should have brought his concerns to his family.

“I needed to talk with my brother, but I had to keep mom, dad, and Celine from knowing.”

Huh? You WANT them to know, let them listen so they can hear David admit it, otherwise they’ll never believe him.

He should have had a voice recorder when he spoke to David.

It's nice that his concerns were wrong, but what if they weren't? What if her old crush was still there? To be able to play that recording for Celine and their parents would have pushed David out of their lives for good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
guess paterno

and the penn state homo molesting entourage were also good catlics

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
THE FRAGILITY OF TRUST IS BUT A SPIDERS WEB OF STRENGTH

for verification. TK U MLJ LV NV

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 9 years ago
Turning coffee into beer?

Devon paid for his coffee, picked up his brew and walked over.

a few lines down

Devon took a sip of beer, "I heard. They say you married the Campanaris girl.

His brewed coffee became a brewed beer? How do you do that?

Good story....I found myself saying over and over "Don't do it Celine!" 5

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
Very good story

but the characters are hard to like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mediocre everithing ! 1* !

There is not iota of redeeming feature anywhere !

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Same reaction

I have the same reaction to this tale as rightbank. It was also a story that was hard to stay with and finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
another good one

5*

Thanks again for sharing your stories.

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Damn CRVOHI

You can tell a good story! What I don't get is all the haters.

Confused

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 7 years ago
Enjoyed watching them grow up

Interesting how many people can't handle a character who changes over the course of the story. I, for one, enjoy it. He grew from the insecure, second-fiddle little brother to a confident, loving man; she grew from a spoiled little girl into a loving woman. Yes, she was vulnerable to her girlhood fantasy; yes David could probably get her heart beating faster. When it came down to it, though, she was grown up enough to tell reality from fantasy and choose what was real. I'd have edited it down a little, I think, but a well told tale about two good if imperfect people. I wish them well.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
Good Story, Even A Very Good Story

But if I am the owner of one of the cars or motorcycles that David stole, and Michael didn't report it, that makes Michael equally guilty. He should have reported the car thefts to the local police, and David's criminal past and drug addiction, and prison tats, and all the lies David was telling, and David's threats to have sex with Michael's wife Celine. I am sorry but Michael comes off as a Grade-A wimp...and an accessory to several crimes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another great story

Great plot, well developed story and real people that you could get emotionally attached to. Great story with some great plot twists. Very positive messages developed and good feeling all around.

Please keep up the great work!!

Ritch

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Very Good

Well told story. Well, there is that dream sequence but the story is done well enough for me to forget that little annoyance. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bailed at Page 3

For me it was boring and way too slow building toward anything.

norcal62norcal62over 7 years ago
Nancyharpman17 has good judgement on these stories.

Also bailed about page 3. Too wordy and too cutesy. Don't know why the 3* showed up when I wanted a 2*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Entertaining story

Entertaining story, thanks for writing. I was never quite sure why she had to date so many other guys though after dating him for a while. Seemed a little harsh.

At the very beginning and end as well, the pov changes a few times between Mike and Devon, making it slightly confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I enjoyed it

It's refreshing to read a story where the wife actually stay faithful.

I don't think it was long. You took the time you needed to develop the characters in the way you wanted. Some readers (and commenters) have a short attention span.

I don''t mind the small writing mistakes and I don't feel the need to probe that I'm smarter than the writer pointing them out.

You wrote a really good story and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

another cocksucking WIMP posting DUMB cuck SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE-ISHY

BIT RAMBLINGISH AND CONCISE FOR MY LIKING BUT STILL WELL WRITTEN AND ENJOYABLE, WASNT GOING TO BOTHER WITH MAKING MY REMARK UNTILL I SAW THE COMMENT BELOW MINE ,JUST DUMBFOUNDED HOW HIGHLY INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED SOME PEOPLE ARE, UCKINGFA ANKERWAYS HIERTA REYGA ATTERMA SIA HATWA OMESCA ROMFA HIERTA OCKCA NDAA OTNA HIERTA RAINBA, (Brit back slang,have fun working it out uckca) , JUST 5***** for the hell of it. P.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beware the green eyed monster

Excellent little story. A beautiful relationship nearly destroyed by a husband's insecurity and jealousy - but saved (just) by his good sense in waiting until he had the facts before doing something he would come to regret.

Ignore the comments from misogynistic dickhead who is obviously so twisted and pathetic that he believes Michael is a wimp because he doesn't destroy the woman he loves when he suspects her of cheating even after it became clear that she had never cheated and his suspicions were merely figments of his own insecurities.

I would suggest that the misogynistic dickhead reads Othello, but that would be a little like expecting a lobotomized chimpanzee to write a treatise on Quantum Theory and solve the riddle of Schrodinger's Cat. So perhaps he should just spend another night pulling wings of butterflies and playing with his clearly inadequate symbol of masculinity and wondering why he never manages to get laid.

LA

Theakston58Theakston58almost 6 years ago
Very well done

Well done story. Good characters that made me care. Had my heart thumping as he went up the stairs. Loved the feel good ending.

Thanks!

Theakston

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
covfefe nails it again!

Good stuff. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Long Winded

By page three I was wondering when it would ever end but since I seem to enjoy tormenting myself I continued on to the obvious ending. carvohi seems to hold to the belief that a writer should never say in one hundred words what can be drawn-out to one thousand.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous