All Comments on 'Denise Fallon-CIA Spy: Roman Holiday'

by justboycrazy

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
This is just sooo cute.

No where near real, of course. :-) If it were you would have to change the titles to DENISE FALLON - Dead Bitch after Chapter 2. At best, you would have DENISE FALLON - Unemployed CIA Spy. The DD-OPS takes a very dim view of agents fucking targets for any reason. Seduction would require his written authorization. And one thing about us DC types, we never put our ass on the line but we don't have a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Of course, you know that CIA stands for Central INTELLIGENCE Agency. They gather, sort, and analyze data into meaningful information. Unless you are an Islamic terrorist, then they kind of stand around with their thumbs up their ass and wait for the SIS or MOSSAD to tell them something.

The point is they never, NEVER get involved with law enforcement. Sending a working field agent to catch a thief is the purest fantasy. And having a working field agent seduce a thief is even less likely. Honey traps haven't been used since the early 20th Century and even then Mata Hari got nothing more than low level stuff and lost her life for it!

But it was kinda cute. Reminded me of Modesty Blaise except she was way cool!

Regards,

C

marriederoticamarriederoticaover 17 years ago
That's not the way it works

The story is a good one. Its the type I'd want to make a major motion picture about. The caveat is that your view of how the CIA works is far from acurate. (1)Its not called a mission, but an 'assignment' or a 'job'. (2)The CIA is called 'the company'. (3)Agents may indeed use any side arm they wish, but are usually given very short range weapons with low velocity (hits are usually no more than six feet, usually point-blank, and, if a silencer is used, less than the speed of sound (670 ft./sec.) (3)No one worth anything in the company ever chases anyone down a public street with a weapon drawn and pointed, since it destroys any pretense of 'invisibility and civility' (most countries in Europe, and even in America, ban this sort of tactic and have made such actions an open felony (re: mission blown).

(4)The "Company" is very budget concious: Assisgnments that require larger amounts of money usually go through a branch of the Directorate, not "Home". Every penny is expected to be accounted for. Hard documents and receipts usually go to the local embassy or consulate for transfer in a diplomatic pouch, escorted by a Diplomatic Assignment U.S. Marine in business attire. They have treatied diplomatic immunity and their bags labelled with the seal may not be searched, but they and their own bags may. (5)Reports are to the Station Chief, not HQ (Langley, VA). Note: There are other larger 'middle' offices or 'operations centers', but no one is allowed to reveal where they are. Most 'officers' or 'operatives' don't even know. (5)The type of operation the heroin is using by connecting, waiting and then acting as directing is called 'styling' or, in some cases where set-up businesses are used, 'fronting' or 'front'. Some have been quite successful and the operatives running them have actually bought them and gone into business for themselves. The famous United Fruit was only one example. An electronics company in Houston, very secret and haveing contracts with the U.S. Government is another. One sells marine equipment.

The CIA itself owns at least one 'high roller' casino. (The Treasury Dept. owns a large casino in Nevada, which it got when the then owners were convicted of fraud and violations of the IRS laws. It has tried to sell it several times, but stopped by all Secretaries of the Treasury. And, by law, Nevada cannot own casinos.)

Nomenclature and semantics are very important with 'The Company'. I suggest you read a few books about the CIA by former officers and field officers. What the CIA does is rather common knowledge. How it goes about these things and whoever does them is secret indeed.

You write very well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous