All Comments on 'Fool's Gold Ch. 05'

by capecodmercury

Sort by:
  • 258 Comments
PultoyPultoyabout 17 years ago
oh, poop!

This was a waste of time to read.

You are a superb writer, but this story leaves me hollow and unresolved. I certainly do not fault you for taking it the way you did(since it is your story to tell), but I am distraught at this conclusion.

However, best regards to a great writer.

Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
why let johnson go free without payback

all the talking and nothing about getting justice or revenge on her lover.that why i say wimpy writers are weak on hubbies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Read your words!

"The question I needed to answer was whether I could get over my anger and hurt, and whether I could get over her rejection of me. After four plus years apart, it wasn't the affair that bothered me as much as it was what it led to, her decision to leave. I was bothered by her decision to give up and not fight for what we had once had." My goodness it isnt what she did but could I get over my anger and ego and not think about her leaving me. As I recall it wasnt his anger, ego, that had a thing to do with her leaving him. I can see it now my wife left me to continue her affair with another man and it was my ego and anger that made her do it. Wife never paid for anything, you kept her in your life for four years giving her every reason to think you were going to forgive her, all she had to do was stay clean. And those four years with you as a friend were enough punishment for what she did to destroy a marriage, shame her husband, and almost ruin her childrens lives. My goodness such harsh punishment. Now she gets a free pass and knows she wont cheat again because it isnt worth it, why because the other man really didnt want her? Is that the real reason she wants back? You have been played big time again by a player. Women are never sorry they cheat, they are only sorry they get caught. Women who cheat do so intentionally not by accident they aren't built that way. They can try to convince you it was your fault to some degree but never seem to realize they had the ability all along to say no, even before it became intimate as friends. Women who cheat will cheat again, it is part of their mental makeup, whether it is a warped personality or a mental problem, it is part of who they are. And when the opportunity arises with to them sufficient reason they will again assume they are the only important ones and for self gratification think with their vaginas and seek their sperm baths. Risking disease, ruining their marriages, and destroying their childrens lives. Yes by all means have a cheating slut for a role model for your children it will be good training for their future lives. Isnt it great to have a slut in the house!

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Well done.

The ending wasn't fireworks but was the more realistic for that. <P> I do wish the nitwits that talk about revenge would knock it off. They expose their level of intelligence and lack of humanity. There is essentially no revenge available without jail time. <P> I really enjoyed this series and thanks for writing. <P> Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wagon tongue

Well your wimp arrived right on schedule, just as the earlier chapters promised. Rather than give you an anonymous slam, I wanted to let you know that I too had kept MY promise. It was a good story, but you are too much of an author to get bogged down in stereotypes.

poorrichardpoorrichardabout 17 years ago
well done

i enjoyed this very much. Good perspective and developed nicely. Don't get discourage by the "wimped out" crowd as I suspect that intelligent, perspective, compassion, and introspective are words largely lost on them. Literotica needs a section specifically labeled "Revenge on cheating slut wife and her asshole lover" so that they not waste their time on anything else.

Cheers,

poorrichard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Ok, where is the idiot Alvaron53's holy analysis?

Author- great work as usual! Now this story needs to be validated by the idiot commonly known as Alvaron53. Come on now, Alvaron53 - don't be shy! Bestow upon us your self-proclaimed wisdom and typically bullshit. LOL

Foux PasFoux Pasabout 17 years ago
More real than not

Cape, This is a good story the time frame was a bit long but hey if the color of the sky in your would makes you happy then you go.

So often I see the words "Forced Reconcillation" or "Recon at all costs" this is crap. Either the people involved want to or don't want to work it out. Most people who are so vicious are just unable to see past themselves in pain. I am talking about people caught up in extreme foolish problems and mistakes. They fall, they repent and they look to do whats necessary to make it up to the injured spouse and fix the problems they made.

Not serial cheaters-- a SC never changes, a whole lot of people who make mistakes change forever and completely. The SC just goes on to find the next way to get their cheap hurtful thrills. Those people men and women need to be dumped.

However a mistake doesn't warrant a death sentence. Some people say a one time mistake others could work through a longer affair everyones limit is different. It is funny that the people who are the most angry and hostile are the ones who beg the hardest for forgiveness for themselves.

Lastly if you really truely love a person in general they won't stop loving the cheater. It may take weeks, months or years to get by the pain, hurt or anger but when they do the love will still be there. Then and only then are they able to ask the questions that will seal the doom or restart of the relationship either as a new start or a pick up from where they were.

You showed this last principle very well and I was very satisified with the outcome of your story. The family had suffered from her stupid selfcentered attitude but she paid a heavy price and they both figured out they did love the other and wanted a life together.

Bravo Cape

Faux Pas

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Anonymous must be lonely

Aw, poor Anonymous is anxious to hear from me. Isn't that touching? He/she/it must be feeling insecure again. I guess he/she/it needs me to validate their existence. Let me stamp your parking ticket so we can all get on with it.

<P>

I'll comment on the story when it pleases me to do so because I don't need you to validate my existence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
what i dont understand

and why ill just give this a 50 is why not just live together ...why even marry...no need to ....why not just live in sin so t ospeak ...people live together all the time and never cheat on each other ...you can set up wills not married ...i really do not see a reason for them to remarry especially on his part....at least that way they have a relationship ...but if she fucks up again uou wont have a divoce t ogo through ...as for the kids all they want really is for mom and dad to be together ...if it had been me and if she was still working in the same place ...and if alan was still there ...sorry but either he quit and weny someplace else or she would ..no way would i want her around any body tha tshe may have had sex with during our divorce....remember she is the one who fucked up so she really needs to remember DO NOT WORK WITH ANYONE YOU FUCKED ... if she wants hubby back even just to live with stay away from any one and never go where we may run into anyone she ever fucked ...i would have to know every detail and everyone she ever met and she would have to write them and tell them how pathetic a lover they really was ...afterall we had to ge tback together so i could realy show her how to get fucked again ..fuck again but no you never remarry 50 50 50

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
i'll give you 100

just for ending it. and of course, it was also well written. i may not agree w/ the ending( and im not against reconciliation) but, hey, its the author's prerogative.

dave_magicdave_magicabout 17 years ago
Well written and true to the human Spirit

Love your work and read this story for clarifications of my own fears and trials. The more humans act as if they are different the more we find out we are the same. With Fears and Emotions and our own mortality.

Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
lame

lame but then some men and women do asked to be walked on and treated badly; it is some fetish they believe they can not live without.

this guy of course believes the woman has "learned her lesson" after being "punished" by him for a few years. birds of the same feather do flock together; the guy even "fall in love" with another woman who looked like his wife: he never stopped asking for pain and humiliation and rejection, even in different woman, because he wanted the same woman! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
give me a fucking break

such pure drivel, but it was predestined by the author, why bothr reading or writing WEAK WEAK WIMP, with a supporting "twin" that really loves manipulating him and a slut to go back to. how perfectly sick

bruce22bruce22about 17 years ago
Well written and Interesting

and not really a story but an analysis of the problem of

trying to rebuild trust. No twist or excitement for those

who need stimulation. The only thing that would have kept me

away from reconciliation was her deliberate attempt to put him out of the house which wreaked of pure larceny. Interesting that we excuse things like cheating on the basis of alcohol, or due to psychological hangups (almost temporary insanity) but generally robbery is not excused on this basis.

You were all ready on my list of good writers!

bruce22bruce22about 17 years ago
Well written and Interesting

and not really a story but an analysis of the problem of

trying to rebuild trust. No twist or excitement for those

who need stimulation. The only thing that would have kept me

away from reconciliation was her deliberate attempt to put him out of the house which wreaked of pure larceny. Interesting that we excuse things like cheating on the basis of alcohol, or due to psychological hangups (almost temporary insanity) but generally robbery is not excused on this basis.

You were all ready on my list of good writers!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good start - Bad ending

The story continued to slide down hill - getting worse and worse with each chapter. It is too bad that you paint men as spineless whimps. Most of us really aren't, especailly when it comes to ex-wives.

revengerrevengerabout 17 years ago
See wimp? There are many sick minded that love you

Hey...to you all that like the ending and the storie...fuck you stupid idiot wimps...thats the reason that 80% of women are whores and cheating wifes, because exist some shitmen like you, that allways forget and forgive their behaviour

I think the only revenge on a cheating wife is shitting her life like she did to yours...but never forget her lover

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wow...

I like the story i felt that it was a good ending. Not every story has to end with the wife being shipped to africa as a whore or dead you know. Although I agree that revenge should have been gained on the lover, but the lovers wife already took care of that. And also..... there alot of disgruntled single men here aren\\\\\\\'t there?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
don't lose sight of. . .

If you critics are correct in knocking this story, then why has it provoked so many comments?!!!!

Husband did the right thing - the alternative would have been to get even with Anne and make himself lonely and miserable. He didn't lose sight of what the rest of his life would be like whichever direction he chose. That's not wimpy, that' logical.

Woodbine 68

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Like I said before ;

this reconciliation is very well done but BILL is taking a awful BIIIIIG gamble.

<br></br>

<b> FIRST </b>

<br></br>

The wife says that she NOW knows that her affair with Alan was meaningless and she threw her Marriage away for nothing.

<br></br>

so the $64,000 question is this <b>IF ANNE had stayed with her would ANNE still think that she threw away her Marriage for Nothing ... for the WRONG reasons? </b>

<br></br>

SECOND

<br></br>

Bill asks <b>WHY now? </b>she says well its complicated... thats is just a goddam Lie... ANNE wants Bill back so she KNOWS that wont happens unless she comes clean. <b>BILL does NOT deserve the truth ... he only gets it when it serves HER needs and wants </b>

<br></br>

Danger will robinson

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Like I said before ;

this reconciliation is very well done but BILL is taking a awful BIIIIIG gamble.

<br></br>

<b> FIRST </b>

<br></br>

The wife says that she NOW knows that her affair with Alan was meaningless and she threw her Marriage away for nothing.

<br></br>

so the $64,000 question is this <b>IF ANNE had stayed with ALAN would ANNE still think that she threw away her Marriage for Nothing ... for the WRONG reasons? </b>

<br></br>

SECOND

<br></br>

Bill asks <b>WHY now? </b>she says well its complicated... thats is just a goddam Lie... ANNE wants Bill back so she KNOWS that wont happens unless she comes clean. <b>BILL does NOT deserve the truth ... he only gets it when it serves HER needs and wants </b>

<br></br>

Danger will robinson

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Nicely concluded

I noted a couple of grammatical oopsies in this chapter but they didn't really detract much from the quality of the prose. I suspect the author was ready to be finished with the tale. If so, that's certainly understandable.

<P>

I appreciated the author's exploration of the problems two ex-partners have trying to reconcile. It's more than just getting past the hurt feelings and bruised egos caused by the infidelity and the divorce. Neither person is the same as they were before, yet their memories are full of the way things used to be, both the good and the bad. Their life experiences have changed them, changed who they are, changed what they think. capecodmercury does a fine job of letting us watch Bill and Anne struggle with who they were, who they are, and who they wish to be.

<P>

I particularly enjoyed Laura's advice to Bill in which she says, "Just promise me that whatever you decide, it's based on what you want, not what other people expect or want. Do what's best for Bill." It's true wisdom that we should heed. All too often, we make decisions based on what people want us to do, rather than what we should do. This is wonderful authorship, and it made me appreciate the author's skill even more.

<P>

More than anything else, I think I like this story because it isn't written as a "feel good" story, like so many others in this category. Bill, Anne, their children, Laura, Jean, their parents, everyone goes through painful and bitter experiences that they will never forget nor ever feel good about. To tell the story without resorting to hackneyed cliches and tired scenarios takes real talent as an author. capecodmercury, I salute you and thank you for a story well-told. I'm proud to place it in my favorites list. When I grow up, I hope I can become half as good an author as you. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Life is good - Alvaron53's has blessed this story!

This author has consistently developed great stories on this site. The rest of us can feel better now that the idiot Alvaron53 has blessed this story/author with his infinite wisdom. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Certainly a plausible ending ...

especially given the family situation and the very long time apart.

No one but the parties involved can make the determination for reconciliation or not (in this case as determined by the writer - all the author has to do is make it credible, although in real life it can be pretty incredible!)

Very well written.

Regards, Jack

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Alvaron53, I don't know whom ...

the parasite fish is that’s hanging on to you, but he’s a pathetic hoot. Anyway, I really enjoyed your analysis of this chapter and story. I wish I could have done it as well but alas ... To me, this story covers so much ground in describing how men and women actually think and behave and is so realistic in doing so that the exact direction of the ending is irrelevant. Either way would have worked just fine. That’s good writing. Phil

ProfWriterProfWriterabout 17 years ago
Great story with a logical twist and

conclusion.

thanks for taking me through a realistic look at a couple caught in the throes of infidelity and their willingness to put their pain and anger aside for the sake of the children.

The clownish trolls who comment on the work published on this site are not worth our spit. Their angry and invective diatribes give us an opening into their tortured lives. They are sad, sad folks.

Keep writing.

PW

torchthebitchtorchthebitchabout 17 years ago
VVG and two gold stars

A very well written story. The two main characters were realisticallly developed throughout the tale. Subsidiary personalities were well written also. The situation and motivation were both very plausible and deftly illustrated.

One dimensional stories are fun when you simply want a diversion but something as deep and well written as this is so much more satisfying. Like the difference between ice cold beer that numbs the mouth, and a really good red wine that fills the pallette. Thanks for more than one sensation.

TTB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Well written nonsense

Well written. But obviously Bill has gotta be the stupidest guy. She never realizes the depth of betrayal to her family, he thinks its all okay after 5 years. In reali life, a woman like this will betray her family again and again given the chance. Evidently capecod is rather oblivious to the depth of damage and hurt that a cheater causes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent

I love well written stories. I also love stories about people learning and growing. Yes, I know this is literotica, but that just means things can be more graphic IF necessary. This story reflects some interesting lessons in human relationships. You have done well capecodmercury.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Thanks for your concern, Tiggertoo

but no worries. This particular leech is harmless except for the noise it makes. In time, it will weary of this mental masturbation and find something else to occupy its time.

<P>

I agree with you re: analyzing the story. It covers a lot of emotional ground and does so in a way that's thought-provoking. I put it in my favorites list because I'm certain that future readings will illuminate even more.

zed0zed0about 17 years ago
Same Old,Same Old!

All she has to do is try not to fuck around for a couple of days, weeks, months, years,(choose a time frame based on author's preference) and hubby will invariably wimp out and take the cheating slut back. Well written, but I HATE a sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Revenger...

Revenger, you need serious therapy, man, you gotta let that anger go, bro... your statistics about women are so wrong they're not funny, but if insulting the female persuassion makes you happy or more peaceful, go for it, at least that way you won't shoot your brains out.

I liked this story, well written, thought provoking. You have the action, reaction and the consequences, involving realistic characters, and we even get to see the resolution and why. Kudos. Well done, a logical conclusion.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Great story; a good read

Logical and well written story that CCM has written here. Personally, I would have preferred that the relationship with Jean would have worked, but this ending works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Average

<p>That's about the best that can be said for this. It's okay, mind you -- the punctuation is up to par and the grammar is veddy, veddy correct. But, darn it, there's just no spark in this. It's just the old "time heals all wounds" scenario. Now, that could be done very well, but I think this writer is a tad isolated from people in his real life. The characters in this story just barely miss ringing true -- as if the writer observes folks from afar. Oh well, what the heck? I'm going to change my rating from 50 to 75.</p>

<p>Ron123XYZ@anonymousforever.naturally</p>

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Pretty damn good!

I have to say that this is one of the best reconciliation stories out there. He got his revenge to a point and niether was happy. After spending so much time together sometimes it's easier to put things back together than start over. It still took 5 years, that's a long time to be miserable. Well Done! Thanks for another good one CCM.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
a prenup

Bill should have had Anne sign a prenup on the new marriage so if she screwed up sh would end the marriage and get nothing but the clothes she wore on herself and the ass hole she ended the marriage on .

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Idiot Alvaron53 and wimpy TigerToo- interesting!

So Alvaron53- had pay off some debts and bribe the other glory-hole idiots like TigerToo to support your vain efforts? Sad, really sad! Now, a real god-like author such as yourself would bestow his earthly creations upon us poor mortals, so we could pay homage to your perfect stories.

Come on step up to the plate [both of you idiots] and "impress us" with your perfect stories! LOL

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
A bit lengthy but acceptable

The last chapter, at least with regard to the gradual process of regaining trust by gradually building the relations from bottom up was ok. IMO, it could have been much shorter (the same goes for chapter 3) and could have been part of chapter four. ******************I included my main critic on the central issues of the credibility of the character of the wife (or lack there of) as manifested in this chapter and in chapter four in my detailed review on chapter 4.

comment_IDcomment_IDabout 17 years ago
Overall story

I read all five chapters over again, just to make sure I followed the story correctly. ---------

For the most part I have to agree with Kolkore’s comments that he left on each chapter, especially on chapter four. I think Kolkore’s comments really crystallized Anne’s personality.--------------

For me, the reconciliation story just did not quite work and you are one of the few authors that I thought could convince me with your writing. But, unfortunately you did not. ----------

1) You dug Anne in too deep. And I am not just referring to the long term affair, but also to her cruel actions afterwards. 2) You did nothing to have Anne redeem herself in anyway during the intervening years. Kolkore is right she did not even apologize during all that time. And 3) I am sorry but Bill’s character really never grew and went on with his life. Dating and falling in love with the “clone” of your wife is not growing and moving on. Sure, he dated and had sex with several other different women but he never did move forward with his life in any meaningful way. -----------

I was actually hoping that you would pull off reconciliation, but for me the story came up short. That said, I do appreciate your writings and look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Good points in story but...

it falls short of its potential. I read this story twice and on the surface it appears like a plausible outcome. First, Annie's confession 4 years after being caught does not seem credible. ______________________________________

If she believed that Bill was cheating on her with Heather why didn't she try to get proof since she believed that the marriage was dead? If she did not believe that Bill cheated on her then why did she go on with Alan after that first time? When you look at her confession there was no way Bill could have prevented her affair. They have a major blow up over her dating Alan during her out of town trip and neither one of them talks about it? Just because Bill did not respond the way Annie wanted that was the reason she continued her affair with Alan? So panic is her reason why she tried to screw Bill when she knew her secret would be exposed?__________________________________________________

While it is possible that Bill could take her back I really did not see any reason for the belief that she would not cheat again. Annie first cheated because she wanted to get back at imagined wrongs by Bill and she continued the affair as a safety net for herself. She was not sorry for her actions until her thing with Alan ended and she saw how totally wrong she was about Bill. Even then she waited 4 years to say that she was sorry. She had every intention of moving Bill out and moving Alan in. She had no feelings for the kids until her scheme fell apart.____________________

Good points: Trading a good faithful husband for a cheating married man is like buying fool's gold. Successful faithful spouses can find someone else to be in their lives so they do not have to settle for damaged goods. Kids should be protected when a marriage fall apart but what is best for the spouse in the long run is the important consideration. _________________________________________________________

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story

keep em comin

Sincerely

The zero fetish man

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
I love hero worship :D

Anonymous, what part of "I don't post stories on this website." did you not understand? My contract with my publisher doesn't allow it. You see, they have this weird idea that since they buy the stories, they get the exclusive right to publish them.

<P>

I hope that's not too complicated for you to understand because you seem to struggle with simple concepts. Don't take it too hard, though. We won't think that much less of you for being a bit slow on the uptake.

<P>

Oh, before I forget, a favor please. Can you find some new insults to use? You've been stuck on the current ones for a while now, and folks are starting to complain that you're boring. Surely you can come up with something new, can't you?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Alvaron53 - the "idiot" finally gets it!

Congrats "Alvaron53 the idiot" - as if we "really" believe you can adequately create & develop material that someone would pay to read! You are entertaining to say the least. Unfortunately we do not share your "vain fantasies". But good luck in trying. Please be sure to let us know when you are serious. LOL

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Another partial ending of an selfish woman

I have to say you tried to dispel all the reconciliation without real change. I don’t see where they really discovered what she thinks she wants is what she really did. She is no further along in seeing she wants what ever it is that makes her happy. It is still a hollow woman who thinks there are reasons of value in her excuses for her actions. She has a handle on why she did it, WRONG. She has not faced the type of personality she has as portrayed in the earlier chapters. This about-face is still a undiagnosed need to be in control for her own benefit.______________ She will probably not ever cheat again as it got her nothing she really wanted in the first place but real sorrow. If that is the purpose for this change then Bravo it was accomplished! If she is to be a sharing partner in a loving couple relationship then nothing has been gained or learned. ____________Knowing yourself is the only way to really understand what and how we approach things in life. This couple has one demon removed but the selfishness is still there in all other forms of this woman’s life. When will she again react to a need she has for something else SHE MUST HAVE TO FEEL HAPPY?____________People have to know why they are in need of whatever makes it good for them. She needs to face up to a need to WANT to understand if she makes her loved ones come first she will not resent it but learn to appreciate the gift it will give her in real satisfaction. Very general and short diatribe but accurate in this fictional story!

Thanks for your hard work but I feel cheated in the simple outcome.

PT

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
SALUTE TO CCM!

I realize that I have been very critical of the story.If it’s any consolation, I have spent quite some time thinking through the variety of issues each chapter brought to mind, not to mention other people's comments and my response to each. It had to be difficult to you. I have to declare that at no time I was intending to offend or upset you. Moreover, most stories which have no literary quality to speak of are not worthy of mine or any person efforts to sit and figure out a coherent (to the best of each person's ability) feedback. But I figure, when the story is great, we say ‘hank you’ after enjoying it; all the work was done by the author and the reader just enjoyed... It's when the reader finds that something could be improved that the unwritten contract is in effect, we get FREE OF CHARGE stories. Don't we owe something back? An honest fair deliberate feedback is the single best tool to improve the writing of an author; ok, together with practice practice practice...

It's in this vain that I feel that I write my feedback. I try to tone down, and many times I fail. It's my own continuous struggle. ***********************************************

Other than that, I want to thank you for this story and to wish you all the success in your future stories. You should be commended for your maturity in hosting the interactive and fertile component of the public feedback board. ****************************************************

In particular, I wish to commend you on a second issue which generally pertains to readers feedback, but in more general terms. By that I mean the area of the 'netiquette', or the civil discourse as it pertains to the web. A painful issue (for me) has arisen regarding the use of the word “NAZI” as an adjective to other readers. There is (has been?) an exchange on that matter. I appreciate you for allowing this VERY IMPORTANT matter of discussion over the issue of civil discourse to take place on your space.

With high regard,

kolkore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Not sure I would have

I hope I am mature enough to forgive, and not forget, but the one sticking point I have is that while I could probably forgive the affair, the deliberate setup to try to put the husband in the position of losing before he knew what was going on has bothered me since chapter 4. A marriage is, or should be, based on mutual trust and respect. I can understand thinking that a spouse is cheating, even without any real proof or even any real indications. I see people every day that have let themselves be led by others opinions or "guidance". In this situation, the hardest thing I would have had to overcome is the wife's decision to tell him he wanted a divorce so he would move out. That is deliberately cutting out the underpins of a marriage - one that is on the rocks, but still a marriage. I'm not sure no matter how hard I tried, I could get past that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
WELL DONE!!!!

Very WELL DONE!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Loved It

Great story that reminded about a friend that had the same

situation happen.They remarried and are still together,and

as happy as any couple i know.

spiderman1spiderman1about 17 years ago
I don't know

This story did not leave me with a good feeling in my gut. I guess I have a problem with forgiving a lying cheating slut.

shangoshangoabout 17 years ago
CCM, you know the deal

You get the 50 for effort, but your ending is crap and you know it. I've read all of your stuff and you are a GREAT student of human behavior. But to speak the plain truth, you tried to set-up reconciliation without fully setting the stage. Most readers (myself included) think the Wife got a "break" from her marriage, but never truly grasped the effects of her actions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Another FAILED ending by CCM

The KEY point is WHY did Anne wait 4 years to confess to BILL? she says its complicated. HARRY in VA is direct and to the point. Anne's answer is Pure BULLSHIT

<br></br>

<br></br>

Lets go back to Anne's mistaken belief Bill was cheating on her with Heath.

<br></br>

<br></br>

1 IF she REALLY believed that Bill was cheating why didn't Anne try to prove since she believed that the marriage was dead?

<br></br>

<br></br>

2 If she did NOT believewas/ had Bill cheated then why would She Cheat? why develop a long term relationship with Alan?

<br></br>

<br></br>

3 <b> Once Anne Knew Bill had Not cheated-- within a year of the breakup-- If she was REALLY remorsefuil she should of confessed her mistake and how sorry she was IMMEDIATELY .... b/c Anne has a personal sense or right and wrong and INTEGRITY. She destoryed her family for NO reason and her kids lives for NO reason. So she waits for 3 more years? </b>

<br></br>

In the immortal words of John MacEnroe You can not be fucking serious!!!

<br></br>

<br></br>

Yeah sure maybe Bill would not want to hear what Anne had to say ...so be it. She was the one who did this. SHE has obligations

<br></br>

4 Once her fling with Alan ended she still said nothing.

<br></br>

<br></br>

5 Once she decided she wanted Bill back WHY did ANNE's kids have to tell her "Mom you need to apologize?"

If that doesnt speak loads about Anne awful character what does?

<br></br>

<br></br>

Even so after she realized it and when ANNE had no one else THEN and only then did she decide it was time to say "opps sorry".

<br></br>

<br></br>

<b> One has to ask that is suppose ANNE after 4 years has decided she had NOT wanted BILL back as a Husband... would she STILL have apologize? clearly based on all the PROOFs listed above the answer is NO!! </b>

<br></br>

<br></br>

a irrational terrible ending ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
give me a fucking break

Another grand fuck up by that stupid cock sucker CCM; DAMN CAN'T YOU EVER GET IT RIGHT????? Just another pussy wimp and a cunt/slut/whore, with a good dose of psychobabble new age bullshit

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
I do understand ...

... the message of your story. I'll state to you that your writing is on the same level as my Literotica favorites does. I would like to state you my esteem. Thank you for good entertainment.

<p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

*I'll hope you understand my funny english ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
why did Anne wait so long to confess?

of all the comments here Harry's seem to be the most on Point..

<br></br>

<br></br>

Once ANNE realized that BILL had NOT cheated AND once the affair with Alan was over... why didnt she apologize to BILL right then????

<br></br>

<br></br>

Doesnt she have this an obligation to at least admit how she fucked up her marriage and destroyed her family "for NO reason" (Anne's words NOT mine)... ?

<br></br>

<br></br>

Instead by waiting 4+ years to apologize reveals Anne to be the self serving cunt we all know her to be.

<br></br>

<br></br>

Jeanne words are also really offensive. Her attempt to portray BILL's concerns as nothing more will make ego and Hurt feelings are just vile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What Meticulous Articulated Work

You took the time to lay the foundation in problem description and reaction to it.<P>

You portrayed each with a very human touch and in the kind of detail which turns over every pebble.<P>

Having been down this road I personally have difficulty relating to to your conclusion but I admire the talent displayed - it was very credible.<P>

Each of us has experiences which shape our tolerances. Many can say that on principle she wasn't credible just pathetic. I couldn't respect or trust her but perhaps someone could. You see it isn't about love or caring as it is about trusting someone with my life - again.<P>

Life is fragile especially after a heart wrenching betrayal which hopefully you never experience. It changes your perspective and tolerance levels forever.<P>

In short - its difficult enough to trust someone new with your heart let alone the person who trashed it and altered the total families life.<P>

However and so on, I hope you write another gripping story of this depth for us to consider. Don't be dismayed by our reactions - as crude as they may be. All of us are just muddling through life like you are - each with a somewhat different level of concern and tolerance.<P>

You - Author are looked forward to - and it has been too long already so gird up and entertain us again. Stir some more emotions as only marital consequence can.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
FANTASTIC STORY...BRILLIANT WRITING ! ! !

But I was disappointed with the ending. Never could I have forgiven her actions, especially the cheap ass way she attempted to get him out of the house nor waiting four years to apologise...BUT, hey, it's not my story. THANK YOU for sharing your talent. You are a very gifted writer and I DO ENJOY your stories even if at times I would prefer a harsher ending than what you provided...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
It sucks :)

What is it with you writers here? Reconciliations all over. The lady's cuckolds you change their minds, look slightly ashamed and then it's kiss and forgive? Sh* It makes me sorry for the male population. Is everyone pussy whipped here, I've been there, came out of it but I've never spoken a word to that woman thereafter, and hey :) That's a true story... Not BS from guys that don't f*ng know what they are talking about. Get of your ass and show some backbone thank you. Cheers Yoron.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
One of the finest

reconciliation tales around. Very well woven. It is about time to put something else up on the board.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Never cheat on you again?

Is that all you (narrator) were thinking about? I mean who cares, when by this point in the story you'd both be about 8000 years old? How about the betrayal of loyalty and respect and all the other things that make a life long relationship special. By this point in time anything that gets repaired is only ever going to be half fixed. Your story telling was excellent and I have little to complain about regarding your writing. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, but it's just some of the content and this type of reconsiliation that upset me.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
The Title says it all

In the the end the Title says it all. The Man becomes the fool and the woman gets the gold. Another author who does not understand the psychological effects of cheating. I have been a practicing psychologist for 20 years. I have gone through a divorce based on cheating. In those years the results of cheating have led to alcoholism, drug use, rape and death. About 1% of the cases that have crossed my desk ended in a reconciliation that worked. This story like so many others on this site is possible but more than likely bad fantasy. In my profession I counsel that the injured party stay as far away as humanly possible from the cheating party. Most of my patients have gone on to lead happy lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
What a

mug this guy is.SHE fucked another guy,SHE wanted the divorce,and he cannot see that all SHE wants is a meal ticket again.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
End does not fit plot

You developed a plot where the cheating is so outrageous, so humiliating to the husband, so selfish, that reconciliation is not an option. His happiness is an option, but not with her. He has a self-image problem and that is revealed when he fall in love with the look-a-like, Jean. But good counseling can save his life. Her failure to understand his pain and her focus on herslf is not really ever resolved. Because he is so defined by her, he reconciles, but when the times get tough again - and they will - she will so it again. She loves, but only herself. There are too many plots on this site of reconciliation that do not fit the crime or worse the cheating "criminal."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Read

Thanks, that was very good. One of the better reconciliation stories I've read so far. And again, it rang very very true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
My worst fears come true

"The longer I thought about it, the more I realized that Annie had already paid the full price for her failings."This line sounds like someone saying after 4 Hail Marry's you will be forgiven. Why would any woman want this man, he obviously does not have anything close to resembeling a set of balls. It is a shame to think that a woman might read this story then think that a man could possibly act like this.

anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You could do so much better

Excellent writing but a terrible story ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ruun Forest..... Ruuuuuunnnnnn!

Annie's confession shows a person that 4+ years ago was vile self centered and shallow without ANY integrity.

<br></br>

But the confession PROVES Annie has NOT changed at all and also the ending is well asburd. <b>Laura's advice to Bill when he is Mulling over his decision... that Bill is "Just hurt over EGO" is well ...offensive.</b>

<br></br>

After the long confession by Annie Bill should be stunned about the lack of character and integrity Annie has displayed. She has serious and severe character flaws which Bill through the author never raises.

<br></br>

Bill's statement that after 4+ years Annie has paid enough for her error is baseless AND misses the point.

<br></br>

According to the story Bill and Annie only recently spent <b>SOME</b> time in friendship and this friendship has developed ONLY over the past year. So How does Bill KNOW that Annie has "paid" for her mistake? What is that judgement based on... besides her pussy??

<br></br>

Annie NOT telling her own daughters for 3 years that SHE was the one who cheated is a strong signal she has learned nothing.

<br></br>

Another piece of evidence is Annie's statement that she never realized that Bill was truly gone until he proposed Marriage to Jean... which in the story was just a year ago... is very revealing.

<br></br>

what sort of imbecile still thinks that she could get her husband "back" afetr what she did to him and her daughters?

<br></br>

and Lastly when you combine those points with her decision to only apologize now... in order get Bill back

...is powerful convincing proof that Annie is still a self centered bitch and has NOT developed at all over the last 5 years.

<br></br>

Run Forest Run!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
bsly

tooooooo looooooooong, to many word's ending in 'ly!' a bitch and a wimp. 'togather'ly' aganly. a totaly bullshitly story!!!!!!!!!!!

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
Well written, but deeply flawed.

I just cannot take a cheating story seriously where the cheating slut is forgiven and he accepts her cheating ass back into his bed as an equal. From the beginning he should have DESTROYED HER. After destroying her financially and depriving her of contact with her children, he should have physically destroyed her, by some means. Perhaps arranging for an "accident" that left her disfigured and crippled. Going to prison for drugs would have been a nice touch. The guy was a WIMP from beginning to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
what?

does anyone fucking get what she did? how she acted? what the fuck is wrong with you people and capecodmercury because people sure as fuck dont act like in real life. so what, after the cold shoulder she gave him for yrs, the many month affair and the sudden divorce, the answer to happiness is to seperate for 5 yrs, fuck other ppl, have everyone tell him to take her back and finally, fuck the hell out of each other. oh yea, i almost forgot how her cheating and then leaving him made their love stronger in the end. jesus christ, this was one fucked up story and anyone who liked it is retarded. i mean really, none of the characters seemed remotely realistic. you people suck and should stop talking unless you can less gay

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Ending was the downfall!

The story was well written and very entertaining but the end is unbelievable. No husband who was honest with himself would give a "Slut" like this another chance. He may be able to forgive but not forget! His memories of her betrayal would destroy any feelings of real love for this adulterous bitch.

She may have been honest in her regrets for ruining her marriage but she should never have been rewarded with a second chance. The story failed because of the ending .. it just doesn't happen in real life! Please try again but with a realistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow there is some real gibberish

and the usual name calling being spouted here. Also it's plain to see the "torch the bitch" crowd, as usual, is out in full force. If I understand the drift here, if you don't agree with my opinion, there is something seriously wrong with you. Does that about cover it? I'm not going to pass judgment on a fiction. It was an entertaining read, good enough for me. No fucking way can an author please everybody, just not possible. if he takes her back you're fucked, If he doesn't take her back, you're fucked. No win situation. Sorry author, you are fucked, your readers say so.

mwoody2950mwoody2950about 14 years ago
I Liked It

I read the recent comments (5) to see what everyone was thinking. I disagree with all of them. This is how it goes guys and gals when two people really loved each other. Throwing it away seems simple but for those of you that have that one true love of your life, imagine after many years together that it is over when you are still in love, not so simple. Every one of us at one time or another have done or said something that has changed the course of an important relationship, and that relationship was never the same again, again it's that simple.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Loved it because...

We are all imperfect people. In response to some of the negative comments, these people grew in positive ways. And their personaes and their stories were believeable, at least to me. Anyone can honestly and with acceptable reason say that he would have done something different than did any or all of the characters in the story. But not everyone makes the same choices. Your story explored human failings and temptations as well as the will to grow and become better. I'm not so sure that I would have taken her back either. [Actually if I am accurately reading the signs and signals from my former True Love (who behaved a bit like Anne), I might find out in the near future.] Anyway, I loved the ending. Forgiveness is not failure nor is it weakness.

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
On re-reading this story:

If you know of a friend contemplating divorce, or faced with divorce, forwarding this story to him (her??) would be an act of pure friendship. Chapter 2 covers many of the choices a person should seriously consider while in the process.

In my case, I left an emotionally abusive relationship caused by both of us, but she never admitted that she really wanted me gone. We had a barely amicable divorce for our daughters' sake but it still resulted in both girls being estranged from me for over 20 years.

Who says there can't be good advice along with a good story? We have it here in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I know that this is an old story, but...

I know that this is an old story, but it is one of my favorite's on Lit. I don't necessarily always want reconciliations in these stories but when they work and are fully supported by dialogue between the spouses who have split, they can be very satisfying. In this story capecodmercury put alot of effort into the dialogue and didn't just decide to "burn the bitch". After the long exchange where the wife apologizes and explains, the author had it set up to where he could have reconciled them which he chose to do or have them part as friends or even had a "burn the bitch" type of an ending. In this story the wife's affair blew up in pretty spectacular fashion. Early on, I wouldn't have thought that a reconciliation would be possible. But the author did some good work and slowly brought the story back to a place where reconciliation seemed to be a feasible option.

I am currently reading another long story here on Lit. and it has some similar characteristics. The wife's affair ended rather spectacularly and her conduct toward her soon to be ex husband has been pretty awful. That author has painted a pretty unsympathetic persona for the cheating wife. At this point, it seems as though the story is headed toward a pretty predictable end where the two people end up going their separate ways with either a "burn the bitch" type of an ending or an ending where the husband takes the blame in the way a cuckold is prone to do and the wife gets to walk away with the last laugh. My point is, for the that story to end and be as satisfying as I found capecodmercury's ending in Fool's Gold to be, that other author is going to have a lot of explanation, ground work and dialogue to put together to sell his ending. From what I have read so far in that other story, I am not certain the ending, that will eventually, hopefully come, will be worth the cost of wading through the entire story.

All of that being said "Fool's Gold" is a good story in my humble opinion. Thanks for sharing, capecodmercury! Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
he missed the

creampies

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Still one of my favorites

How about another happy ending

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
good story overall, but this chapter is bad......

She was married for 15 years, and then cheated... why trust her? Or marry her?? That's not 5 years of RECONCILIATION. That's 5 years of falling back to memories instead of moving forward. Probably 1 year of "reconciliation". If he really wants a relationship with her, he shouldn't marry her again! Her morals are wrong, and they don't love each other. All he needs to do is hire another blonde bombshell of a secretary to make her have doubts again!

If after 15 years of marriage she didn't have trust in him, who gives a crap if it's 20 years of knowing each other that she finally decides to trust him? The only thing to say is "tough titties, on your way!" This chapter is really hollow. Laura's advice is bad too. Most of it was good, but she effectively told him to ignore his negative feelings - which is false, because they will always be there, and he will doubtlessly hurt the relationship. I know she meant that he should let himself be happy, but what a load of bollocks; it's defeatist thinking to go back to Annie.

ALL the females in his family/ex-family are manipulating him - and he's letting it happen. His two stupid daughters are just as bad as the ex-wife. Laura, his family (i.e. two fucking daughters) and his extended family ruined his relationship with Jeannie. What the fuck was that about? Are they so stupid they don't recognise the difference, those dumb bastards?

His daughters thought he was the bad guy. This is why he should have filed on the basis of adultery. Yes, his daughters would be mortified, but if he kept the proceedings fair and civil, it would have been fine if he told them to not reject their mother. It irks me though.. they thought he was the bad guy and I know they're young, but how stupid can they be to try and push him and the ex together again? I heard girls were meant to mature earlier. hah. Clearly he didn't raise them up properly if they were so ill-tempered towards Jeannie! Annie's collaboration with the stupid daughters makes it more clearer they're manipulating him for THEIR happiness, and not his. Calling their own father "mule-headed" and the man she's trying to get back to.. talk about disrespect.

Every successive chapter in this story made me think their getting back together is wrong. In the end the joke of "fool's gold" is on him. He is a fool. He "knows" she will never cheat on him again. Such things are not fact. Unfortunately it is a bleak world when the world gets destroyed. Few relationships can survive - and I doubt his new one is a real one, . The only redeeming part is that it will be good while it lasts; hopefully for him until death, if he's lucky. There are serious misgivings had about this. It's very defeatist to fall back to her. It could be seen defeatist to fall my way, but I can't see very solid reasons. Then again.. apparently trust is something that grows. Aw, crap..........

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
I've already commented on the reconciliation. This comment is about holes in the story.

At the time of her slutty fucking around they were both exceptionally busy at work. When the slut was caught they both seemed to miraculously make time for their divorce.

AFTER the divorce it seemed that both had plenty of time again. What happened?

Also, CCM described in some detail about our hero's love life but virtually no mention was made about the sluts. What gives with this? Surely she was dating and fucking around. She's a slut after all and surely won't go for long without some strange cock in the cheating cunt. I expect this is especially true since her ex is finding a lot of strange pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

A great story!

I'm certain the hate the world, revenge guys don't like it, but are they really capable of liking anything?

Thankyou for presenting us with real people who actually work together to find an acceptable solution to a very difficult problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I dont get it;

Anne is trying to show that her character and emotional make up from 4 years ago has changed. She now realizes that she made a lot of bad decisions and bad judegments.

So she proves to Bill that she is a different peroson by NOT apologizing for 3 years?

The Anne confesses that she is apologizing now only because her kids wnat her to?

Sounds to me that Anee has not changed one bit in the past 4 years

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
"Was it worth it? " .. no to both ( both ? )

.... no to taking the fucking cunt back ( ruined the story ) and no to reading another Cuck writer who has his male character "cave" after his cheating wife has cut what's left of his balls off .......

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
A very good and believable story but.......

Trust was the killer, she didn't trust him, and she proved to him that he could never, repeat never trust her again. I just don't see the reconciliation. I think that the mind games they played would eventually make the girls totally screwed up. He should have torched the bitch and lived with the fallout.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
He made a hugh error in taking her back.

The reality is that she played the role of a slut while happily cuckolding him and not giving a "hoot" about their marriage or children. What's the saying: "once a cheater always a cheater." She let another man between her legs and with little regard destroyed their marriage. What is shown here is HIS lack of moral fortitude in being willing to accept the role of having been humiliated and cuckolded. For those whose comments evolve about the "deepness" of the forgiveness, etc, etc...BULL.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
My goodness what a damn good story.

What delicious angst. What exquisite tension. What a thrilling saga to read and relish! A warning to other future readers...this is very slanted to the male viewpoint. Some might prefer a more balance account of a troubled marriage. Nonetheless, this is a thoughtful and well written story...one that I highly recommend. Thank you Capecod Mercury.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
nothing

This reconciliation did nothing for me. I wouldn't have considered it. 2 stars for good writing.

movermoveralmost 13 years ago
Good On Ya!

Jeez, read the last line of the third from last paragraph, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Great story, thank you. Don't know how I missed it before. Some critics get to me, sorry.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
A lovely walk down the garden path

Still one of the best writers on the site

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
This is my favorite type of story

The 'realization' story. That what one has was foolishly disposed of.

Nicely written and well edited. My compliments.

One critique. It dragged a bit. The editors need to work on cutting word count as well as grammatical mistakes and awkward usage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
aitch'em says:

I suspected something fishy and decided to jump from Chapter 2 to the last one - lo and behold: another fucking "bow-legged" story (together in the beginning, far appart in the middle and very close in the end. I'm just glad that I did not invest too much time. If ther were as sub-zero ranking possibility you'd get a minus four!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
TOO MANY Ys

After all the pain, suffering and mind trips,he finally gets HIS personal existence in perspective, would anyone make a choice for togetherness. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IRON PYRITE

runs over into a persons brain and reasoning. TK U MLJ LV NV

MacdaKnightMacdaKnightover 12 years ago

I like that they actually got back together in the end. In most stories, the families split and the kids suffer. They managed to work everything out. Keep writing.

MartinimanMartinimanover 12 years ago
Great story

I like this type of story & you did a wonderful job with it. Keep writing & I'll keep reading your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I wonder

if it weren't for the children, they would have stayed apart. There would have been no reason for them to interact. I personally would never have taken her back, regardless of the circumstances. Her disrespect was enough to destroy whatever love there was, as the author describes, saying that the original marriage was dead. It should have stayed there.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
she will turn whore on him again

he has no balls and no backbone and she will turn him into a cuck more than one more time.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Not a very satisfying story

Not much real emotion one way or the other. She cheated, but without a whole lot of motivation. Not a big leap to assume that it will be easier for her next time.

The husband also seemed to move on from their divorce with little hesitation.

If they don't care all that much about the relationship, why should we?

al18al18about 12 years ago
What a crap

He just wants to be cucked again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
cucked again

just like you al18! cucks of a feather flock together

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous