All Comments on 'First Time is the Best'

by Pardog

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
telli46telli46over 9 years ago
wow

Wow!! Great story.

nodinegnodinegover 9 years ago
Great story

Awakened many fond memories of a time long ago when I also joined the Air Force.

AverygoodlayAverygoodlayover 9 years ago
Great story

Ending sucked, so sad, why didn't they see each other in those seven years? That just seems strange because they were from the same town and he failed to look her up? If he loved her that much he would have.

bigjohnsdbigjohnsdover 9 years ago
About as good as it gets!

Nice job. I liked the whole story including the ending.

PardogPardogover 9 years agoAuthor

To those of you who disliked the ending, why must every story end happily? Does that happen in real life? Does the good guy always win? No, he doesn't. Is the ending bad because the guy doesn't get the girl? That's not a bad ending. That's actually closer to reality than the way things go in a lot of books and movies.

So, when I wrote this, I thought it would be okay if the protagonist had his one time with her, and then never got to have her again. It became a fond memory for him, and something to search for to bring back into his life at some point.

Of course, that is just my opinion. You are entitled to yours, and I respect you expressing it.

PardogPardogover 9 years agoAuthor
Happy endings

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this, Cupcake. I feel like literature, movies, and television shows can all be either a suspension of reality or a mirror of it.

I like to write endings that mimic reality almost as much as I like the hero to win. For example, in my opinion, the ending of The Empire Strikes Back was a truly great ending. Luke is hurt. The Rebellion is in disarray. Han is captured, frozen, and taken to Jabba. What a great downer of an ending!

In Japanese culture, there is the concept of the heroic failure whereby the hero doesn't always win, but remains a hero for his effort.

This story was an attempt at that kind of thing. They experienced their one night together, but life, as it so often does, intervened and they never had another chance to be together again. Instead of getting what they want, they are left to savor what they had and nothing can take that one night away from them.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I appreciate you sharing yours with me. Feel free to comment anytime!

DaddysGoldenGirlDaddysGoldenGirlover 9 years ago
s beautiful!

I loved it. It was sad and sweet and sexy. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
!!!!

I have read probably a bare minimum of 300 Lit stories in the last 6 months and your story has no equal for sheer poignancy. His depth of feeling really hits home. Omg, I really feel the ache, Pardoggy!

Dude, have mercy and throw us a bone; a reunion of sorts...something. What happened that he couldn't have kept up with her? It must have been something other than his lack of confidence!

I am wringing my handsees over this one :((((

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sad

After saying that he was the only one, I understand long separations can change things, but she hadn't curtesy to tell him that she had found someone else and that she was going to marry him. He found out in what I think was a cruel way, that is why I could only give one star, for a great story well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sweet passion.

Hmmm, they met at work, but they went to school together?

They’re 17 or 18?

He married an ex before going into the service, but he was madly in love with her as he was going into the service? So he blew her off first?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous