All Comments on 'What Happened to Until Death Do Us Part?'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AgenaAgenaabout 14 years ago
Nice

A nice story. Good story-line and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great Story -- think it's more real than many expect

Keep writing - I love your stories and style

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Fun story . . .

Enjoyed this, very readable. Only one sentence the "editor" missed: "We got dressed slowly as neither one of us could take there eyes off the other." "Their" is the possessive, "there" is a place. This is amazingly better than your work last year in terms of technical issues. I'm far from perfect myself, but still, writing errors are a distraction for the reader.

So far as plot goes, this one was good. I feel the only weak spot was the rapidity with which our "hero" got back in the sack with Carol, once he returned from his California Wine Country tour. I think it was unrealistic to say the least. Maybe if they had only fought for a week or two, I might buy it. But the much longer cold spell (5 months of no sex, separate bedrooms, etc.) would not likely get broken in just one hour of being together.

Carol is totally mixed up. She is probably feeling old (fifty and menopause, almost the end of being a sexual person for many women who regret loss of looks, loss of hormones, loss of . . . ) and thus, undesirable. The counseling should have begun long ago and was overdue. By the time it happened, the marriage was over. Most times, you cannot resurrect the dead. Thanks for writing an entertaining story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 14 years ago
This seemed believable, except

sleeping next to an attractive woman and not trying to do the dirty. The thing I enjoy most about Slirpuff stuff is how the husbands are so normal. They aren't portrayed as Navy Seals with James Bond skills. They are guys like most of us that read the stories. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Thanks

Some sanity and good writing on a really bad story day. there is nothing worse than a bad marriage and nothing better than a good one, I have had both, lucky for me the bad one was first. At least they got their issues resolved before splitting so no long term hate. Always enjoy your stories, well written and interesting, thanks. Now me and some old navy seal buddies are going kick some ass. Don't know who's, but thats what we do.

stlcrisstlcrisabout 14 years ago
very real

this one hit a nerve with me...except for the happy ending this could be the story of my life.....i'm still hopefull though !!! love your stories,allways look forward to the next one,,thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Slirpuff " husbands " normal?

Frankly I think it's a little frightening that HDK thinks for the most part the men/husbands in offers stories are close to being normal.

But one overpowering consistency with us all the stories is that the husbands know most never react in what might be considered in Normal way.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
Good story.. NOT great... Good...

Overall this is a pretty good story. The author does better with the husband's character than he does in mist of his stories... but still does not quite get the dialogue right. There is an effort throughout the story for various tangential characters to place part or most of the blame on the husband as if he's doing something wrong.

And I have to say that this story strikes fairly close to home.

Let me be clear. The husband does not have the right to demand sex from his wife so many times a week. He does NOT own her. But on the other hand if she has lost interest and she can no longer engage in martial sex or NO LONGER WANTS TO... she does have an obligation to tell them that and not lie...spin and manipulate.

As I mentioned before...My best man at my wedding hit a rough patch with his wife... where she simply shut down when he became a SAHD... a stay-at-home dad. Even though she wanted a career and she had the education my friend's.... wife thought that SAHD was demeaning and Gay.

It took me a a week or two to reach him on this particular point but eventually I was able to convince him that the reason why she did not want to have sex with him anymore was because she didn't love him .... she just didn't want to.

Really this is NOT brain surgery.

Early in the story when having the typical midlife argument about sex.. the wife tries to manipulate and spin the husband's relatively rational and normal request.... having sex once or twice a week is not the same thing as having it 24 hours 7 days a week.

The wife "offerring" to have sex with him as if it was some sort of chore along the lines of mopping the floors.... were doing laundry.... or cutting the grass... is a pretty serious clue as to where the wife's mental state is.

Again if she is having some sort of problems-- if she has fallen out of love OR where she is going through menopause crisis-- that is not her fault. But playing these games while the husband is making a good-faith effort.. is TOTALLY her fault.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out that that sort of lying manipulation and exaggeration by the wife is being done for reason. Yet it takes is husband a pretty long period of time to figure that out and this particular point never actually comes up in any of their conversations or in the marriage counseling.

The marriage counseling session at the end was kind of weak as well. The issue of the wife's lying and spinning and manipulating with regard to the lack of sexual contact and intimacy by her... and her alone.. never comes up. It is not so much the cruise which was a backbreaker on the marriage per se.... it was the way she did it behind his back... through deception and sneaking... ALONG with her intentional lying and manipulation of husbands ordinary sexual requests.

DrallDrallabout 14 years ago
Well done!

A really enjoyable read. I had hoped they would stay together but it ended just fine.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
This story wreaks of real life.

Once the game playing lasted more than a few weeks this marriage in serious trouble. The call to the marriage counselor should have been made a hell of a lot sooner.

I did not understand Carol's thinking on just having sex once a week. This was an egregious error on her part! Especially when Steve had a heart to heart with her on it. Is it so bat to be loved and to have an orgasm or two

if thats how/or what he needs to be connected to her. C'mon!

Then they are having problems and she books and takes off on a cruise in the height of ther problems with a her sister who's track record with cheating and having no clue how a relationship works was just a marriage death blow.

What a sad story! Carol was callous dumbass in her way of thinking about how or what makes a relationship work. She threw it all away on some Ideal in her mind on how things were going to play out in life. She lost, he won when he moved on with Diane, someone he could share his life with and someone that would let him be as close to her as as wanted to. Too bad Carol could have had that too!

The part where they jumped in bed after Steve came back would probably not have happened right off the bat. Just to many bad feelings and suspicions.

Steve not getting it on with Lorrie when they were spooning naked and sleeping in the same bed............ not to many men would be able to stop mother nature! In short it would have happened whether he wanted it to or not.

Great read It was enjoyable but sad.

Thanks for writing

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
good story

I liked it it could have happen that way and probably does to some extinct.

as to annon what makes you think this is not the norm.

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

JustForPostingJustForPostingabout 14 years ago
Another decent idea...

Slirpuff is one of the most frustrating writers on this site.

He takes an idea, one that might work in the hands of a decent writer, and just beats it to death with words. He doesn't tell us a story, he cranks out verbiage and hopes it works.

Apart from the ever-present your/you're problems, there are other examples of carelessness. For instance, how does one "cope" an attitude? Then there was the introduction of "David" -- we're left to infer he is a marital counselor, or something, but his name is just dropped in.

The characters are not well-developed. They were right out of central casting.

To top it off, the writing is so stiff and cumbersome, it's just painful to read. And don't even get me started on that cutesy little Diane-is-now-my-wife gotcha at the end. Was that supposed to be clever? 'cause it wasn't; it was just silly.

A good editor might very well help, but this is just sub-par writing.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
Once again, an interesting story.

Smooth flow, well developed characters, a good plot and for me a happy ending. Maybe not the one expected but happy anyway. I thought it was a nice twist at the end with Diane.

I agree that getting help came too late, things had already gone to hell in a hand basket by that time. People get complacent in their relationships and marriages and sometimes don't ever realize that their just going through the motions. I think that five months before facing the problem would have been too long for me, but then I'm not a fictional character.

I said in an essay posted on this site that my characters were a dichotomy of real people. They are stronger/weaker, smarter/dumber, more controlled/less controlled so it is with each authors fictional characters.

Please remember that these are fictional people and some of their actions are for drama. IT'S JUST A STORY FOLKS.

There are a few technical problems with spelling, grammar and such. Maybe I'm as dumb as a stump but the story read so well that I didn't really notice them.

One last thing: after reading JustForPosting's comment it's really nice that he can cross another author off his list of not to read authors. I wonder how many of Slirpuff's stories he read before he came to that conclusion.

I'm sorry, One more last thing: Welcome back Harry, I'm glad you decided to stay with we struggling writers.

So Slirpuff, thanks for entertaining me, good job, and thanks for your hard work. Keep it up.

ohioohioabout 14 years ago
Stories are improving

There's no question that Slirpuff's writing is getting better: the stories are stronger technically, smoother and easier to read.

I enjoyed this one, but I found myself frustrated with the behavior of both husband and wife: they are each way more stubborn (and, dare I say it, stupid) than just about anyone I know.

God knows spouses can get into a bad place with one another, but each of them behaved more like a 14-year old than an adult. Others may disagree, but I found it unrealistic.

Thanks, ohio

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Interesting and Involving Story

I recognize that the author exagerated a bit in order to make his points clear.

The husband really should have chatted with her before she took of to the Carribean and the tit for tat was just a little too much. Obviously It would have been simpler to move out and have papers in hand because it was kind of clear where they were going. That absurd tour set up the enjoyable ending and certainly help went far to relieving tension on the reader's part.

It sounds as if they wasted a lot of money on counseling when the solution was obvious. Thanks for an excellent story.

DeckviewDeckviewabout 14 years ago
The story was good but not great

The writing was very strong and smooth. The problem with this story is typical of many stories of this type -- the main characters are made stupid in order to create the conflict and drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Damn?

Great story, nice twist at the end. The fact that the best writers are leaving you comments is an indication that you're well recognized here.

Now for my constructive criticism

- just as to all others and not just to you, please get a dictionary. Spell check won't catch the wrong usage of words, specially when they sound the same or are spelled very similarly. One of the commenters pointed out "cope attitude" which of course should have been cop an attitude. You also used crumble (as in how the cookie crumbles) instead of crumple (as in crumple a piece of paper). (one of the commenters confused wreak as in "wreak havoc" vis a vis reek as in "reeks of ammonia", so you're not the only good writer who has fat fingers)

- please stop using "damn" when it adds no meaning or emotion to the sentence

jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
A little tedious but a real outcome

I think the back and forth between Steve and Carol is more like what would happen with a couple in their 20s not a couple around 50. It's just too silly. He wanted more sex because it was a physical need and because it was a defining part of their relationship. She was just shut off to sex. He kicked the issue around and then confronted her. That should have been the end point. It certainly is frustrating and disappointing when a long term couple drift in radically different directions but it is very common. Sometime the issues can be worked around but at other times, like in this story, they cannot. Then they go on dueling vacations. Why? There was no purpose and it seemed juvenile. Then after that hey go to a counselor and finally end up doing what they should have before the vacations. I can understand people doing this because they just can't figure out what to do but the writing made it seem like they were dealing with this like young adults. The ending was realistic and responsible. They grew apart and decided to formalize it and divorce. I'm not sure about the purpose of the common vacation at the end. Why? I don't think I would ever go on a common vacation with an ex wife no matter how well we got along. It seems like a forced situation. Despite all this discussion I liked the story because no one went really crazy, pretty close but not quite. I can feel very sympathetic to the characters who were both struggling with a hard problem. More for the husband because he wasn't really asking for that much more than they always had done. It was the wife that seems to have significantly changed. That's her right, I guess, but it also makes it more of her problem to confront and fix.

RehnquistRehnquistabout 14 years ago
One of Your Better Ones!

I have read everything you've posted, and I believe this is one of your better efforts. I second those commentators who have already noted the following: (1) your writing is better, but could still use improvement (which comes with practice, so just keep plugging away); (2) your characters were so stubborn in this story it was maddening by the end, but as a divorce lawyer I see this behavior from people of all ages (leopards, after all, rarely change their spots); and (3) the ending was a pleasant surprise.

Another pleasant surprise in your stories, particularly the more recent ones, is that they do not center around slut wives or brutal affairs. To the contrary, they show realistic marital deteriorations based on incompatibility, empty nest syndrome, opposing expectations, and the like. Sad to be sure, but only too realistic.

Finally, I have a few suggestions on becoming a better writer to speed up your impressive growth. In all of my writing courses, they recommended reading aloud the written word, which helps your writing sound natural and also helps avoid awkward sentence construction. Second, pick a book by one of your favorite authors and type word-for-word a passage of the book for twenty minutes or so. You will soon find yourself getting the feel for better writing, description, and dialogue. I know it sounds stupid, but it really does work.

Keep up the good work!

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 14 years ago
Fair to middlin'

I echo 'JustForPosting's' sentiments. Reading your stories is very frustrating. Your premises are fine, your execution is lacking. Per 'Vulcan's'" reference in his remarks, "neither one of us could take there (sic) eyes off the other." should read "...OUR eyes..." You are using first person POV, yet your character, "Steve" refers to his own eyes as if they belonged to someone else. I believe when you wrote "...Diane said not mixing words" you meant "not mincing her words." Sloppy. And, unfortunately, you also included typos, etc. that seem to always accompany your submissions.

I didn't find any of your characters here particularly appealing. The purpose of the interlude with "Steve" and "Lorie" escaped me. Just how was it pertinent to the story? I actually found it to detract from your story's worth. "Lorie," the self proclaimed advocate of non-home-wrecking, invites "Steve" to share a shower, and "Steve," the faithful husband, not only accepts but does some sharing of his own, such as bodily fluid. And the purpose of this scene was what? The wife was shrill and a contradiction: no romance at home, but once shipboard, second base was open? And "Diane"..."Steve's" alleged steady supporter, gives him very mixed signals when they're together.

This story just doesn't seem to be running on all cylinders. It's taking us someplace, but the ride isn't very smooth. You need help with dialogue and with a story's dynamics. Here it felt as if you were leading the characters to the story's resolution rather than having them arrive at it through their own doings. This isn't a bad story. But it needs a lot of polish to be a good one. Perhaps you're allergic to editors since it seems you have yet to enlist one.

Thanks for your continued efforts.

morefunnmorefunnabout 14 years ago
Almost To Real

As some of the writers who sumit other stories, you have a few area's to improve, but have always enjoyed your works. Follows Rehnquist suggestion to read your piece aloud to your self as it is written and this will help you trememdously. It is a great way to self edit and make the story flow easier.

But as to being almost to real, it is almost like your telling of my oppurtunities I face in my marriage to keep it alive and well. It is astonishing what some men and women will go through. Along with the pain, and suffering for the love of another.

Keep writing and looking forward to your next submission and Thank You for your time and effort in your work.

OldHidekiOldHidekiabout 14 years ago
Another Great Story

I'm actually at the same crossroads with my wife. You did a gentle job of describing the little games being played by two people that were finding out that happily ever after sometimes means with another person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Well done as always

Whether or not the couples in your stories go their separate ways it is handled in a civilized fashion in a well written story. You threw in the surprise quite nicely near the end.

toesmantoesmanabout 14 years ago
getting better all the time

Slirpuff; your work has consistently improved, become less one-dimensional; the endings are not, at least to me, formulaic. You still have some POV problems, you need to fire those lazy "free" editors. LOL! I liked this one, one of your better ones, still not my favorite, but close to it. Thanks, you've become one of my "go-to" authors.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 14 years ago
good realistic stories

I've commented on your work before and there's no question I like your stories. Critics are right about your technical lapses, but those are only glitches. I'd rather read an engaging story with some rough spots than a technically smooth story that doesn't say anything or move me as a reader. And I agree with Rehnquist. I like the fact that you're writing more realistic stories than this site often sees. They're done, and they tend to be the ones I remember, but there are never enough. Keep doing them because I think you're building a loyal readership.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
You never fail to offer a glimpse into ....

....one or another of the purely "technical' aspects of relationships, in this case the very common disjunction in sex drives among middle-aged couples. The development of the characters is not at all important in this treatise, it is the examination of the conflict in timetables that matters. I'm having a good time reading just for pissin's critiques of your writing. Good thing he wasn't posting when you were starting out a couple years ago. Just for-Read Camus, "The myth of Sisyphus." Personally,I'm a little unnerved that HDK thinks the readers on this site are normal, forget about Puff-daddys characters.

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 14 years ago
Nice Story

Man, have you come a long way in such a short period of time. Are you taking a creative writing class, or something. Kind of a sad story even though it seemed like everybody got what they wanted. I guess it just depends on your perspective. I did wonder what happened to Carol. Did she just live out the rest of her life alone? There is a lot of difference between wanting freedom and being alone. I really enjoyed it but I still don't like the endearment "Babes". Maybe because I look at it as more of a term someone would use in a pick-up line. I don't know, one of these days I'll have to figure out why I think that way. It's amazing how we all get condition differently while growing up. To answer 3Ps question, Yes, I too think the readers on Literotica are a pretty good cross section of the rest of the population. Ranging from the good to the bad. Thanks again for another good story.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
That was a good story.

I enjoyed it and thought it had the right outcome. Way to many married people wind up just being room mates (without benefits) once the are on the wintry side of fifty. Don't ask me how I know.

SleeplessinMD2SleeplessinMD2about 14 years ago
Great Story!

Sometimes the best outcome is divorce especially when two people want different things in life. Separation apart is better than misery together. BTW: They both cheated because it was sexual intimacy with someone outside of the marriage and the behavior would have not be acceptable to their spouse.

TE_RossTE_Rossabout 14 years ago
Enjoyable read

This is probably one of the few stories where the breakup of the marriage was explained in a straight-forward manner and the ex-wife's position was clearly articulated.

The story was made more enjoyable by your easy style of storytelling and the perfect pacing in which all the details unfolded.

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Nice story. I liked it with a few reservations.

It was totally realistic up till the counseling began. I don't find it credible that the wife IF SHE WANTED AN ON GOING RELATIONSHIP with her husband would LEAVE the marriage over having sex two or three times a week.

I can see her leaving because she really doesn't give a shit any more and the avoidance of sex is just a symptom of that "don't give a shit" attitude.

IF she had any real love for the man she would compromise on the sex.

I'm GLAD there was no reconciliation as the wife was an unabashed bitch and didn't deserve a loving husband.

I didn't really get the ending where the new couple invited a third party to join them. I don't see that as something a newly wedded couple would do. Perhaps a better build up to that would explain how that would come to be.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
i like your thinking slirpuff

a man needs to get laid at least 2 times a week, 3 if possible. otherwise the man would get restless! men have a desire to impregnate and the fire in the loins can only be put out one way. but it's not fun if the woman lies there acting so disconnected from reality because then it's about as fun as fucking a watermelon

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Brilliant story

Another one please

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Good one!

You are terrific when delineating failing relationships, the discourse of resentment and animosity and worst of all, growing indifference. Much of the time you are superficial when you try to bring them together again for a heartwarming finish. This one makes the effort but then abandons it, and so dodges that difficulty, allowing itself to end altogether satisfyingly. Delightfully, in fact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Stupid, stupid, stupid

not one of your better efforts.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
ignore the last two comment

if it was up to vickie, the wife would be fucking the man in the ass, and anon couldn't get an account to put their name on the comment after all an accoubt is free. Spuff, good story. the husband wasnt a pusyy and went out like a man, the wife wasn't a slut,didn't cheat and their still cool. good tale.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago

This was a fine story and as good as anything I've read here on LW,,, keep on truckin, and writing great stories!

gogreengogreenover 12 years ago
how a lovling wife story should end.

nice story.

read many of these so called loving wife style story's, and many have left me angry and or think stupid waste of time.

this on the other hand left me thinking. well written with an ending that was sensible and realistic.

not common.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 12 years ago
Small observation:

At several points, Diana says 'you two are screwing things up with each other' or words to that effect. But the reality is, if their visions of what they wanted were so different, than there is nothing much to be done about it. And since they didn't have kids at home, etc., why stay together?

Well thought out story, with a realistic premise (couple drift apart) written in a realistic manner, with no mafia or navy Seals involvement. Even the wife, while difficult, she isn't a monster intended by the writer to jack up the emotional appeal to the wife haters!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Terrific Ending!

This was the only "happy" way that this story could have ended. What the husband did on his trip clearly was cheating & disrespectful to his wife, and the wife was constantly disrespectful to him and obviously a cheater as well. I don't think this story had anything to do with his mid-life crisis, but just a story of a wife who fell out of love with her loving, caring spouse.

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Great Read

Thanks for sharing.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Nice

Good story. Not what I expected but a happy ending which makes me glad as there are too few of them out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Lying woman.

Sooooo, the couple tries counseling. AFTER she went on her cruise- After she sampled a bit of the fun with another guy. Married folks aren't supposed to be going to 1st base, second, or ANY base. Aint supposed to even be on the "ball field". When the wife went on her cruise, with her sister; the sister he KNEW was a cheater (both marriages) the marriage was done. Yeah, the legal shell was there, but she'd ended the marriage. I do fault the husband for not just giving his wife what she had shown she wanted. She'd shown she didn't want to be his wife. That should have immediately gotten the divorce started. It take two people to make a marriage work, but a marriage can be destroyed by just one person.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
To lame

No just so bland, we tried didn't work so we moved on, are you buying a fucking house or loving someone,almost all the men in sirs stories seem to be neutered, just bland stories about mates who lie and cheat and their is no response.I would hate to be someone Sir loved because it seems the only response you would get out of your death is "yeah umm she/he is dead they were a great kid/wife/mom ummm yeah".

So why cant you hate them wish them dead and move on? no Sir characters seems to need to be friends no matter what, bland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

Nice story. This is a 5 in my little book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too obvious

His marriage was toast, he just hadn't admitted it to himself. But what I really didn't understand is why, after he decided Diane was his girl, why in the name of all that is holy, did he call Lorie and invite her on the cruise? That just made no sense. It just ruined the ending.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Got a question

I've been critical of your stories revolving around idiots. Thankfully this one didn't, and I really enjoyed it. You did however, use a plot devise I hate; not answering phone calls or emails. Is it because if they did, they wouldn't break up; or is it just to keep an idiot in character? I can see how it could keep the story shorter, or from diverging from the plot, but it is annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ending

a real strange ending with a new wife and old "friend". I didn't think it worked and expected better but the overall story and writing were up to the usual I expect. I have to agree agree with the comments about ignored phone calls and messages although you're not to only one to include such childish behavior.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Sex Life

I agree with those who take the wife to task.

I can't stand these wives who essentially shut their husbands off, then when hubby requests a reasonable amount of sex accuses him of wanting it 24/7!

Then, she grudgingly agrees to sex as if it's a chore, makes it as appealing as a blow-up doll.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
@Anonymous re Lorie On The Cruise

It was never said, obviously, but one thought I have is that it keeps her from being a mysterious person from his past, and hopefully defuse any latent jealousy Diane my have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Different at the end

The outcome of the marriage was rational, and logical. What is odd is the way it was set forth at the of the story.

George in Omaha

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WITH ALL THAT LACKING GOING ON

how does one maintain a hard line. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Read

I have enjoyed most of your stories. This one caught and kept my interest from the start of the story. The surprise ending was well done and added a nice touch to the sotry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Except Steve and Carol didn't screw up their marriage

They got exactly what they both wanted. Just because that was a divorce doesn't mean things didn't end well for them both. They fought and played a few games in getting to the divorce but if worked out well for them. Not everyone stays married forever. People grow apart. Move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
****

Good story and reading, S. The ending was different and quite good as well. Cheers! C29

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
A dull monotonous rambling shipwrecked marriage.

I didn't enjoy the story mainly due to the terrible characters. Carol was an abomination of crotchety old bitch and the husband was as dumb as a bag of stones. I felt that the story was well written but the characters were predictably not meant to be together which was never explained. Obviously, people can grow apart but this story was way too short to unfold all those juicy detailed facts. I enjoy this author and O hope to continue reading his offerings in the future . Thank you!

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Anti-climatic

As with many of your stories, this was very anti-climatic. You give us two pages full of confict, only to resolve everything in a few tacked on paragraphs, with most of the resolution taking place behind closed doors, as if it's a state secret, or something. Two pages of fighting, and then a handful of paragraphs saying; "And then they got divorced, but were bestest friends for ever. Oh, and Steve got married again. Tricked ya!" Except that you fail to realize, that a 'twist' ending isn't really a twist, when you do it so much, that we expect it of you! What makes a twist ending, is when you do something the reader doesn't expect of you!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Very, Very Nice!

I tend to give your stories 4 stars, but I bumped this one to five, mainly because you didn't give us one for your semi-forced RACC's!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

God, your endings all SUCK!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well if anyone knows sucking dear annony it's you and your ex wife

Gave this a 5 to offset your 1 vote

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5 to offset the asshole of LIT's rving and 1 vote

S eat it annony, you are one sorry ass fool. I'm bonnie and have no idea who or what a vastie is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Get over the Mustang

I don't get the obsession with a half-ass car. You adding this to every story detracts from the story and adds nothing but shows your immaturity.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

bashing anonymously is cowardly!

good story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Moping, Middling, Muddler Marriage

One commenter has mentioned shutting down communication by turning off phones, not answering emails, etc. That is indeed a rather passive-aggressive way to deal with one's spouse. Yet, unlike the circumstances in this current story, if the spouse is an out and out cheatin' ho then that play needs to remain in the playbook.

But there IS something effeminate about a man not taking care of business, letting things slide, and failing to simply put his cards on the table.

At any rate there is always something great in a Slirp story. But there is a rather prominent disturbance in the LitForce that has been stalking readers and it definitely made its apprearance in this current story in question.

One hears frequently the idea that longtime spouses have "grown apart". But DID they GROW apart, or did they slouch and slop their way apart? Was it the entropy of Life itself from which the couple failed to protect themselves? If one can grant that this couple did at one time truly love each other then that sounds more like the right explanation: that they screwed up the marriage by not remaining vigilant and keeping the lines of communication open.

Frankly, there is scant evidence that this couple did truly love each other. There is too much snippiness and snarkiness. There is too much meanness and ill will and pot-shotting. If anything, it is the wife that never truly loved her husband or feels unappreciated, etc, and starts to show it by cutting off sex. Under these conditions one can easily imagine the husband cracking and the relationship deteriorating.

But the point is that the "growing apart" explanation is used rather too easily. Growing per se, is a positive and life affirming thing. But if people don't respect each other and apply great care to the marital relationship they are simply killing it off through neglect. And twenty or thirty years is a lot of time to flush down the shitter just because you can't be roused to apply some imagination to things.

That being said, cutting off sex is a D-level offence and should be immediately handled if at all possible. Barring something medical, etc, there is no sound reason for it. One gets the feeling that there are definitely other forces at play in wifey's psyche.

But the husband did not handle this correctly. Suggesting a sex schedule? This many times a week? Pleading, imploring, begging, importuning: that's sissy stuff. Sorry guys. If that's your game then log on to Amazon and get a good deal on some pink panties, an apron and a duster for yourself. That's where you're headed, so just make the order and seal the deal.

The wife needs to understand that cutting off sex is a sign of derangement on her part. The couple, and possibly a counselor as well, have to understand what her real thoughts and feelings and resentments are so they get her head screwed on straight or it's curb time for her.

The intention is not to hang everything around the wife's neck, but instead to get to the root of the problem - a problem that could easily sink the marriage. And frankly, it must be suggested that getting out of the marriage might be what all of her subterfuge is about.

Is it disgusting for a wife to have an appreciative, loving husband dote on her, attend to her, rub her feet and then eat her pussy and give her a proper rogering? Women, if that isn't your cup of tea then you had better switch teams and start eating pussy. In that case, be honest with the Mister and pull the plug.

It's the growing-apart/sloppy-neglect mystery that needs more sunlight here in the land of Lit. Just my three cents :))

cockcriticcockcriticover 7 years ago
Divorce

Should have realised that the only way to solve thier problems was divorce, and saved all the subsequent pain.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ONCE AGAIN LACK OF ??????!!!!!!!!

if you can guess some of the missing phrases, jolly good luck to ya, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another one

Another story about a selfish,arrogant husband.Slirpuff can really write about them.Must be one himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Why

Why did he invite Lori on the cruise.Why do the self opinionated husbands always end up better off in these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Diane wasn't a good choice.

She accuses him and Carol of screwing up their marriage. But that's NOT what happened. They grew apart, decided they wanted different things and had different visions and goals for the remainder of their lives. I think they did they right thing when they got divorced and stayed friends. If Carol doesn't understand that, she isn't the right match for him. Look elsewhere. Good story, horrible ending.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
:)

loved it ty. theres is something i wanted to mention, so far i seen it in 3 of ur stories "balled my eyes out" every time i read that i get an image of someone using an eyeballer tool to take out someones eyeballs lol disturbing i know but funny lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another

Another egotistical arsehole.He refused to understand and respect his wife's wishes,every thing was about him and his wants.Writers should stop giving people like him happy endings.What will he do the first time Diane refuses him sex and having seen his inability to discuss things why did she marry him?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Anon "Another"

So, he's supposed to respect her wishes and respect and support her, and that the end of it? What about his wishes? Just fuck him right?! Think it through dummy.

GillotineGillotinealmost 6 years ago
"Another" Anon idiot

Marriage takes compromise, meet in the middle. He was respecting her wishes and giving her space, as she requested. He was trying, she wasn't. Plain and simple. Glad to see he moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another too long and void story

No plot, nothing. Waste of time.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
To the Another Anon of 05/26/18

...seriously, fuck off, timriv.

HATED the story, BTW. I completely agree with the 'long and irrelevant' comments below.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well that ending just sucked.

When Diane tells Steve that he and Carol fucked up their marriage she was totally wrong! Steve and Carol grew apart. It's not the end of the world. They wanted different things as they got older so why stay married? They got divorced, split things evenly and became friends. A satisfactory ending for both of them. Why would he marry a woman like Diane who, even before they're married, wants to lay down the law to Steve? Basically it's going to be her way or the highway. Screw that. Steve needs to spend some time away from women and get his head on straight to understand what's going to be best for Steve going forward before he can even consider getting into a serious relationship. Horrible ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Am I in the minority?

I've read this story several times and liked it each time. It reads like two people drifting apart and unwilling or unable to close the void. It happens every day. No revenge. Just moving on with life and hoping each can be happy. Good story from one of my favorite authors.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Reading Again

A Mustang is out of his league, but a Corvette isn't? A Corvette wouldn't break the bank? Even considering that her car is a high performance Mustang, it seems like an odd contrast to be making!

"Damn it Steve, call me. I'm leaving tomorrow and I need to talk with you before I leave," - She decides to go on a week-long cruise without him, and without discussing it with him first, and NOW she needs to talk?

amyyumamyyumabout 5 years ago
Nice

well written and more realistic than normal. I really liked it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
If She Don't Make Love Then Give Her The Shove

These two were not very likeable. If a man has concerns about intimacy with his wife and receives bitchy, exaggerated responses then that is a bad sign. If spousal communication is reduced to bickering then respect is being chipped away with every snark and snit.

As described, though, I can say with confidence that this husband was plenty culpable for their rocky road to divorce. True, he brought up his concerns as he should have, but he made an awful lot of poor plays himself - plenty of amateurish hot-headed exchanges with his wife.

A man needs to keep hits wits about him around his wife and not allow himself to be drawn into a bitchy catfight. It's a weak and feminine thing for a man to do to his wife, to lose your head and say regretful things.

Wives deal with all sorts of issues, including hormonal/biological things and men should be ready to cut wifey a little slack. You can't unsay bad language and if it becomes habitual it is very difficult to recover a healthy marital condition. That being said, in this case I found it difficult to cut her any slack myself!

One particular irritation with the story is that the wife's exaggerations were never corrected. Eventually you would have to put an end to that with a good ol' fashioned reality-check smackdown.

Hubby's concerns were genuine. He didn't expect anything wild or crazy. The wife's constant overreactions were bad enough but his character not stepping up to correct her false characterizations became similarly annoying.

Despite my complaints I always like Slirps efforts. I just want to like the husband in the stories once in a while.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
author and i must be reading different stories

i never saw the husband 'play games'. he tried over and over to fight for his marriage, she pushed him away and played games. he stopped trying. i dont count that as 'playing games'. maybe i'm wrong here.

he's not obligated to keep trying. if she run off to a cruise with her slutty sister, refused discourse, refused compromise, refused his say on the matter.....does it even matter what he does after? you can call it immature to go on his own vaca, but i call it smart. he needs a break, from her.

and we still aren't sure she hasn't cheated on him. maybe she is just cold and frigid. i can finger my woman if im not in the mood though. and it's both a chore and out of love. this wife was doing it spitefully, unwillingly, and it sucks. only the wife played games. i LOVE making my women orgasm, almost as much as me getting off. THAT is love. This wife is 100% selfish. She gets no joy pleasing him. Remember that. She has some twisted vision about everything being a struggle for 'dominance'.

if the husband felt happy his wife wasn't happy with his giving up, so what? you can't punish a man for his natural feelings...and to equate that to 'games'. come on now, you can do better than that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Meat For Slirps Shriveled Brain

There must be a dozen Slirp stories where ol' hubby works to take off ten or twenty pounds by eating salads instead of meat omg stop the horrible dietary advice.

Testosterone comes from cholesterol. The human brain is 40% cholesterol. The nerve coatings/"insulation" (myelin sheath) is almost 100% cholesterol.

Slirp: Please STOP the medical terrorism! Like just about everything else in the 20th century the cholesterol bs is a hugely damaging lie.

Replacing good ol' fashioned sources of cholesterol with Crisco and other hydrogenated oils has literally KILLED tens of millions of people who suffer enormously and perish with colo-rectal cancers (among others).

Go to the right sources and you will find out the truth about the cholesterol-lie terrorism and the incalculable damage that has been done. Unbelievable but true nonetheless.

Eat salads, go "green" and brag about your new healthy vegan diet. Dipshits. Sooner or later you'll be flappin yer jaw w a limp dick between yer legs.

Fact: Vegetarianism was introduced into the monastaries of Europe with the express intention of lowering sexual vitality.

And not only that. After the medical terrorists get your diet in horrible shape and have you gobbling down tons of "heart healthy" grains, when your mental faculties start slipping your terrorist dipshit MD puts you on statins to further reduce your cholesterol and in no time you are ashen gray drooling in yer wheelchair in the shady tree rest home at 70 years of age.

People should expose the conspicuous relationship between bankers and planners and politicians and academics taking part in sucking the life out of middle America by attacking farmers and family farms with the vegetarian UN agenda.

Not only does wealth and prosperity go straight out of the country under this political attack but people are turned into brain-fogged bank slaves, growing grains that ruin livestock and produces dirty feed lot meat that wrecks the natural order which should be healthy livestock that CURE soil problems with their natural grazing/manure habits.

Ol' Slirp! Please don't Go Green and become a limp dick political tool.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another

Another story where the wrongdoer ends up happier ,which cannot be right.Also why would Lorie want to go on a cruise with the arsehole and his wife.He chose Diane,but some one who will go out with a married man will do it again sooner or later,especially with an age gap,so the arsehole could find himself cheated on hopefully.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Interesting story.

The marriage died more with a whimper than a bang. I wonder where they would be if they just sat down at the start, talked, shared, compromised a little, and enjoyed one another?

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Good

Good story as.usual, but not one of my favorites. Just too close to deal life I guess.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Very good story

Well done, interesting to the end. Seems like everyone turned out okay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
why is it the whores Slirpuff creates

cut their husbands off for months but have no problem putting out for strangers they just met?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Much Of This Story

Is in real life what people say and do to each other, snipe, with each jab chipping away at the respect for the other. This time the marriage counselor called out what both did on their vacations as over the line and cheating as he should have. No psycho babble bullshit from this guy for a change. When they decided to divorce they were somehow able to remain friends on some level which from my experience while a good thing is rare. Didn't understand the point of inviting Lorie on the cruise but ok. One question, if he had eight weeks of sick and vacation time accrued when he went on his wine tour how did he have eight weeks when he went on the cruise with Diane and Lorie? Seems a short time to have picked up two more weeks. SS06 should be smiling what with the Mustang, not much need for a Jeep during Florida winters. As usual Slir a good job. Signed: BTW

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
If

If that was what Carol wanted why didn't she ask for a divorce earlier.?

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
~RAAC but they don't reconcile?

I suppose this was nice.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Nice ending. Move on to a better wife!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an incredibly selfish husband. Despite being married for 25 years he had developed no empathy for his wife. He is the reason the marriage failed. Luckily the story doesn't reflect real life. Only in the world of literotica is sex the be all and end all of everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Didn't want to be just roommates. I can relate to that. I liked the author's humorous style. A 5.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Great story - very, very, very real. Too real!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, I thought this was fiction but 3 months ago Carol writes a comment disguised as anonymous! Its ok Carol, you can use your name!

Thanks for an interesting story.

somewhere east of Omaha

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Soon

Diane will soon learn what a self centered bastard Steve is when they have been married a couple of months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Looks like Carol is calling herself NITPIC now!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@Nitpic Hahaha! Sacrifice is being selfish now? Good grief.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous