All Comments on 'Second Chances'

by QueenOfTheNile

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not bad

The story line seemed a little disjointed, I think you need to find a way to make things flow better and to make things seem more realistic. For example, private firms rarely represent young black murder suspects, and if they were to do so, there would need to be a reason explained. Also, black men with long dreadlocks are rarely partners, and that would also require some explanation of how he got to that position only 7 years out of college. Please note, I'm saying this as a black woman with aspirations of climbing the corporate ladder, but I am also realistic. Also, how did she just get hired into a partner position? That doesn't happen. Then with their love story, it just needed some more dialogue to be believable. I really don't think your story was bad though, just wanted to give some constructive criticism to help out!

DecadentdessertDecadentdessertover 12 years ago
Love it!!

You are one of few authors that highlight sucessful black love, thank you. I echo what "anynomous" wrote that it was disjointed in places but with proofing from a skilled eye you will be just fine. I am eagerly awaiting your next submission.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I still seemed like

someone with power using it to overwhelm a junior.

and, since you brought it up, his is one of those. . . . .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Yeah Right

If she buys in to the line of crap that slick talking shyster is peddling, especially after the way he’s already treated her, she pretty much deserves what she gets. What she should be doing is planning on filing sexual harassment charges against the arrogant prick. Maybe that’s in the second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice to see a black author his story now once a player always a player plus he's attorney ,if his mouth is open he is lying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous