10 Pound Bag Ch. 184

Story Info
Serial Saga of a man twitched back in time.
1k words
4.7
11.1k
14

Part 41 of the 48 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/22/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emmeran
Emmeran
356 Followers

Chapter 184 -- Morning Sounds

By: Emmeran, 22 September 2021

Editor: nnpdad 23 Sept 2021

As always, waking slowly in my own bed with a beautiful woman beside me was a treat. The comfort of familiar sights and sounds soothed the soul and allowed for a relaxing wakeup. I considered trying to slip stealthily out of bed and then I noticed that Matilda had snuck in to join us at some point during the night. She had her own blanket and was fully dressed so I figured she had simply desired company. From the little I knew of her past I was quite sure I didn't want to know what her nightmares might be like when she had one.

I carefully made my exit from the bed even though I knew both were at least partially awakened by my movements. Matilda's beautiful eyes stared at me as I ungracefully left the bed, I could see the sleep still in them. I gave each woman a soft kiss on the forehead and bade them to sleep. They snuggled in together as best they could with their separate blankets and moments later I heard soft snores once again.

I cleaned myself up as quietly as I was able, grabbed my coffee cup and my gear and then slipped out the door into the humid but cool morning air. Morning was my favorite time of day. No matter where I am in the world I've always loved the dawn and sunrise. To me, the breaking new day signified hope and resilience and fortified my resolve for the tasks that lie ahead.

Coffee cup in hand I noisily approached the guys setting on death watch, that horrific time just before dawn when it was hardest to stay awake and the temperature really got cold during the winter. I didn't envy these fellas but I'd stood firewatch enough times in my past that I didn't pity them either; it's all just part of the rotation to keep the people safe.

Brin of course was helping with watch duty. It hadn't taken folks long to figure out that if you gave him a comfy place to lie he would snooze with whoever was on watch. He heard me coming a figurative mile away and trotted over to welcome me; he was a always a welcome sight and I enjoyed his company. I sat in my normal chair at the table and Brin settled in next to me while the two men standing watch moved down to join me.

There was no reason to gather around a fire this time of year so the watch normally just sat at the table between their individual rounds. We didn't demand exacting precision on their rounds, preferring the added randomness as a deterrence. Everyone took watch seriously since it was their own families they were guarding. There was a small rocket stove keeping the coffee hot but it was a little away from everything to minimize light pollution and shadows that made easy targets.

The morning light came on relentlessly and I could slowly start to make out who my companions were; neither one was completely known to me and they seemed a little intimidated. It's not easy when the boss shows up unannounced in the middle of the death watch. I simply made my coffee and lit a cigarette, enjoying the day break with my dog at my side. I decided to avoid thoughts of duty and responsibility for a few more minutes while I watched the sunrise and listened to our little village come to life.

Morning sounds were everywhere; it was always amazing at how fast the world erupted into life once dawn broke. The few producing milk cows we had started to grumble about the strain on their udders and the horses were restless with mumbles about hunger and the like. The birds in the surrounding trees were joining the roosters in their morning calls and even the crickets joined in for a bit.

The cooking team showed up a short while later just before we hit full light. One of the watch standers moved to fire up the cook stations, taking a shovel full of coals from the rocket stove and applying them to the previously arranged kindling. Matilda showed up within minutes of daybreak and other than a soft kiss on the cheek left me alone as she went to oversee breakfast. Mouse wasn't far behind her but still in her night clothes. Mouse simply curled up on my lap and went back to sleep.

That didn't last long however. It was just a little while later when little Esther was at my side tugging on my sleeve. I pointed at my drowsing Mouse and she simply started tugging on her sleeve instead. Mouse half opened her eyes and then pulled Esther up on her lap so they could snuggle together on top of me. I least I had one arm free to sip my coffee with. I had the feeling that my future with a passle of children around was going to be like this a lot: women and children seemed to love early morning snuggles and a smart man never denied them.

Eventually breakfast and Matilda came to save me. The food was being laid out and Matilda decided it was time for the snugglefest to end so she could feed me. The didn't go exactly as planned because moments after they ran off for clothes or whatever, Michelle pounced on my lap for a big hug and a tummy rub. "Say good morning to your growing child" she teased while rubbing my hand around her belly. There was nothing sexual about it but it did serve to remind me that although our relationship was over she still expected me to be a good father.

So I have Matilda, Michelle and Mouse all expecting. How do I create these kinds of messes? Having a baby with Mouse was all about starting a family but Michelle and Matilda were manipulations on their part and they really had left me out of the planning part. Good Morning to you, indeed.

And the world continued to come to life around me so I simply dug into my breakfast and focused on next steps.

Emmeran
Emmeran
356 Followers