10 Pound Bag Ch. 021-025

Story Info
A man and his companions are transported back in time.
7.7k words
4.7
15.2k
11

Part 6 of the 48 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/22/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emmeran
Emmeran
356 Followers

**** Chapter Twenty-One - Oklahoma City ****

Love hurts, love scars
Love wounds and mars

-Everly Brothers

Packing up camp was smoother than ever; everyone knew exactly what needed to be done and was pretty clear on what the order of operations. The only new twist was we had three dogs which added up to too many occupants to fit into the cab of the truck. I briefly contemplated putting sulking Sonya and hitchhiking Matilda in the stalls but couldn't figure out a way to successfully pull that one off. So - two of the dogs went into a stall with their beds and I devised a rotation plan based on seniority, the pack leader always got priority; Mila rode in the cab first and we'd rotate at each stop.

It was a quiet ride to Oklahoma City, we only had one quick business call to confirm our conference call that evening. I had time to let my thoughts roam and ended up thinking about our growing library; I had checked my library computer at our last rest stop and it was still chugging away downloading the gigabytes of books we'd queued up, that part was working well at least. I'm not a big fan of reading off of a screen so I decided to purchase an ultra-high-speed printer as soon as we reached my new ranch; I would simply print out the books I wanted to read, or more importantly, take with me to read on a hunting excursion.

Sonya sulked and moped the entire drive.

Our rental was at a farm about 30 miles outside of Oklahoma City, it was the full farmstead again with the furnished house available for use. As usual we avoided the house for the most part, it was nice to have the bathroom but easier to follow routine overall. We would be here for three nights. It had been an eight-hour drive to get here so after camp was set up we exercised the animals, did the chores and had our supper. Matilda had made us beef burritos with rice and beans; they were simply amazing and a very nice change. If she was trying to pull her share of the load she was doing a very good job.

We had quick conference call with the wealth management team, I gave them authorization to close the deal on the ranch and several other related matters. As the meeting closed, David texted me asking me to call him later to discuss a personal matter. I had a good idea what that matter was going to be.

With the call out of the way we then proceeded on to our nightly ritual of tagging books, videos and movies for eventual download; Sonya even figured out how to down-load a series of a TV show she wanted to watch. I remotely logged into the library laptop and was that it was still chugging away and we still had terabytes of space available. I also pulled up the trailer's command software and confirmed that everything was in good shape with no warnings or errors. It would text me if something came up, but it was good policy to check manually.

We turned in around 8pm, each of us heading off to the privacy of our own tent/camper; all day on the road together tends to make everyone feel a little claustrophobic. I called David as soon as I heard soft music coming out of the camper and knew that Sonya was in for the night.

David picked up my call immediately and put me to hold while a few other people joined the call. Traci joined the call, which wasn't a surprise, and then Lisa joined the call which was. David explained that Lisa was now handling public relations and social media for the firm. I responded with a verbal shrug and a surprisingly appropriate quip about the firm policy regarding fraternization amongst senior staff.

Introduction and bantering complete, they broke the news. David's guy had found out that Sonya let slip to her family about my lottery win and that with that bit of news havoc broke out after she left. Sonya's mother and sisters apparently decided that Sonya had run away with the rich guy leaving everyone else behind. Sonya's sister started sleeping with Sonya's boyfriend within days, and now all four of them were ghosting or trashing Sonya on social media. The only good news was that apparently Sonya's father, grandmother and aunt didn't buy any of that and were still loyal to her.

To be honest I didn't have any idea what to do about any of that, but that was why Traci and Lisa were on the call. They had arranged a meeting with Sonya's aunt and grandmother tomorrow and would lay out a plan of attack; they'd call me if I had a role to play.

On an associated topic the official announcement of my winnings would be made soon; Lisa had a press release she wanted me to review and would send it to me in the morning. She explained that strategy was to obfuscate and misdirect, and part of that included a very long and very boring press release. I begged for two more days and got it; I wanted to be out of Oklahoma City before that happened.

I explained that after Oklahoma City we should have closed the ranch deals and I would be basically off the grid for a while. The places I was going next treasured personal privacy over almost everything else. Business complete, we said our goodbyes.

I sat for a long time thinking about our current predicament and how quickly and radically my life had changed. I pulled out my private bottle and poured two fingers of Max's finest aged bourbon; I'm not sure it provided true solace but it was a comfort to smell and taste that lovely liquid. Sometimes just the color of it was a great focal point during contemplation.

Winning the lottery had made my life more interesting, but it sure didn't make it any easier. I toasted my companions, Brin and Kordi, drank my bourbon and then went to bed.

**** Chapter Twenty-two -- Mara, Money and Michelle ****

"I knew I had to ask him
About the mysteries of life
He spat between his boots
And he replied

Faster horses,
Younger women,
Older whiskey,
More money"

-The Poet and the Cowboy (Tom T. Hall)

I had planned to spend two days in Oklahoma City and my schedule did leave a little down time each day but I had to keep a tight schedule if I wanted that down time. So up I got at the crack of dawn to start the chores and get ready to head into town.

My first appointment of the day was to pick up my gold and silver, a delicate operation and security was a major concern. It's not a wise idea to wander around a strange city with a several hundred ounces of gold and silver nuggets. Once the traders at the Whittling started fussing over the prices and hem hawing about the purchase I simply put down my foot and told them I wanted 200oz of gold and 400oz of silver. Now that is not even 40 pounds and wouldn't be an effort to manage but prices pushed it to over five hundred thousand. I didn't care, it was my money.

That was how I found myself in a secure garage in downtown Oklahoma City first thing in the morning. It was amusing to watch the high security antics when the armored truck pulled up next to me. Security guards were deployed around our vehicles on the alert, I greeted the guard making the transfer who required not only my ID, which he ran through a reader, but also a thumbprint on a scanner. My identity confirmed I was handed two lockbags and the keys, the guard watched as I inventoried the contents. The look of dismay on his face was priceless as I merely threw the bags into the back seat of my truck and drove away.

Subterfuge and armament would have been stupid for me at that point, if someone wanted to rob me my best bet would be to hand them the gold and buy some more later. There really is no point in dying over something you can easily replace.

Next order of business that day was to meet mara who, if all things went as expected, would be my new mare.

The breeders ranch was not at all what I expected, most of the homestead was headed towards the run down. There were a few nicely tended flower beds around the house but the house itself needed a serious facelift and the majority of the front lawn looked like it had yet to be tended this year.

I had been instructed to pull around back to the stables so I followed the drive around back of the house and parked in front of a surprisingly immaculate horse barn. Well maintained paddocks stretched out next to and behind it with well maintained fencing and beautiful grass. Apparently the focus on this ranch was very singular.

A small flock of guinea hens announced my arrival and a couple of geese seconded that announcement, there was no need for doorbells here. As I exited my truck I was greeted by a smiling woman from the open bay doors of the horse barn, she was as perfectly kempt as the barn and wore a welcoming smile. She was actually quite striking. Her name was Michelle and she had Mara waiting to meet me.

We negotiated the appropriate small talk as she walked me down to Mara's stall; I commented on the beauty of the horse barn and she responded that the ranch renovations had started with the barn and the rest was scheduled out. We brought Mara out of her stall for proper greetings and observation, she was a fine example of what I was looking for. We saddled Mara up and Michelle put her through her paces and then I took her for a ride. I was extremely happy with this mare, she moved well and had almost perfect manners.

It was time to talk business and I was offered coffee and lunch. I accepted if on nothing more than good manners; truth be told Michelle was interesting to talk to and a fine-looking woman, very easy on eyes if you will. Lunch was a delicious ham sandwich made with fresh bread and vegetables from her garden, she even had some homemade potato salad to go with it. Much better fare than you'd get at most restaurants in the city. The conversation was fun and we ended up sitting there for almost two hours before we got around to actually signing documents.

We agreed that she would deliver after evening chores and I invited Michelle to stay us for dinner. She agreed. Deal done I headed back to the camp site to hide my coins and prepare for Mara.

****

Hiding the gold wasn't difficult and was actually kind of fun; a big chunk went in the safe, every bucket of dry food goods got a small pouch buried inside. A bag went into each of the four sandbags I carried in the bed of the truck, a couple were secreted in the electronics bay and each of the ladies got a bag to hide in the personal gear. The lockbox I kept in the camper got one also. Matilda had a few good ideas also, I let her run with them.

The safe and the lockbox were the "honey pots", if someone decided to rob me they'd find those and hopefully stop searching. One thing I was certain of was that I didn't want to keep it all in one spot, when we got to the ranch I would disperse them even further afield. Sulky Sonya wasn't interested, I knew the next week or so with her was going to be rough.

****

Michelle turned up with Mara about an hour later; we unloaded Mara from the trailer and introductions were made all around. Well, we didn't bother introducing the chickens, they didn't care. We led her over to the paddock and put her in with Abigail, it was basically a non-event; we left the horses to get acquainted and went to give Michelle a tour of the rig while we waited for dinner.

Matilda put out quite an impressive spread and we had beer and wine to go with it. After dinner was over Matilda and Sonya cleared up and I brought out the bourbon. Matilda disappeared to her tent and Sonya stayed in the camper, she was staring at her phone the last time I saw her. I brought out my laptop and cast some music, after that we simply talked and enjoyed the bourbon.

Michelle was in awe of the rig and for the first time I let out the secret of my sudden wealth, she just sat and stared. I told her about the trip and where I was going and we discussed my future plans, she was suitably envious. We were starting to get bit tipsy and when she briefly staggered as she got up to use the toilet I knew she wouldn't be driving home. I told her we had the furnished house at our disposal and suggested she crash in one of the bedrooms there; after a moment of internal debate, she acceded that it was probably the best idea.

Trying to lighten the mood back up I told her about my digital library plan, she thought that was cool but made a realistic comment about the cost. This brought us to giggles as I responded pompously, "My dear, I find that I have recently become stupid rich". She moved her chair over next to me as I showed her how I was doing it, she took over and browsed our growing library, laughing at my history fetish and making a few comments on titles she'd recommend. I told her to start adding things, so she did and we had fun making sensible and whimsical picks of books, movies and internet videos.

When bedtime came I did the gentlemanly thing and walked her up to the house and showed her the bathroom and bedrooms; she chose the master bedroom. She turned down the covers and kicked off her boots.

She then promptly pulled me onto the bed with her.


**** Ch. 22.5 -- An Evening with Michelle ****

I was completely caught off guard, complete and total surprise. She had pulled me down on the bed and we hadn't even kissed yet, I rectified that problem quickly and thoroughly. This wasn't a bashful woman, beautiful but not bashful.

It was a slow yet passionate kiss, tentative and yet exploratory. Hands had yet to begin exploring and our bodies were not even pressed together. We were just kissing and looking deeply into each other's eyes.

Eventually our kisses slowed and it was time to decide if I would stay or would I go.

I chose the high road, the road of manners and valor.

"I should go..." I began, but she cut me off before I could finish.

"Please don't."

"Condoms?" I queried.

"I have some," came her shy reply.

So I stood up and took off my boots, I was staying.

"Water," I said and left for the kitchen. When I returned I put a glass of water on each nightstand. She had disrobed and was waiting in bed. I turned out the light, took off my clothes and climbed in on my side of the bed.

It was a different sort of love making, almost like a long-married couple approaching middle age. Gentle kisses and slow soft caresses instead of youthful urgency and need; a copy of the Kama Sutra would not be needed tonight.

We slowly explored each other's body becoming familiar with the textures and shapes. Her breasts were proud and firm, her skin like satin and her hair smelled of the spring breeze. Pert and erect nipple filled my palm when I caressed her breasts and the curly hair at her mons was soft and fine.

Her legs parted for me and warm swollen wetness awaited me inside. I reached for the condom, she beat me to it and rolled it on over my ready hardness. She pulled me on top of her and between her legs, I entered her. She was very tight, almost virginal tight and it felt wonderful.

We moved slowly together, kisses and caresses never-ending.

Climax approached calmly and with none of its usual madness, the pace stayed steady and I crossed the finish line mere moments before she did. Gentle almost casual orgasms, but orgasms nonetheless. We held each other a while longer until I was forced to remove the condom.

We snuggled together in the spooning position.

"That was very nice," Michelle said.

"Yes, very," I agreed.

We slept.

****

The middle of the night lovemaking was not nearly so sedate. I awoke to find a shapely ass grinding against me and my hand full of one of those magnificent breasts.

Michelle handed me the other condom. "Last one", she said.

I rolled it on and entered her in the spoon, she was red hot. "Yes!" she moaned quietly; I gripped her hips and rode her down the road to ecstasy.

She came again, this time slightly more vocal; I gave way with grunt and finished a few minutes after her.

We needed water and the bathroom this time.

Sleep came easily again with her in my arms.


**** Chapter Twenty-Three -- A day at the Gun Show ****

We awoke at first light; I was quickly reverting to my farm boy roots. Michelle and I were the first up and out in the world; after a quick morning snuggle we showered and walked down to start the chores. Matilda had coffee ready as we came back from finishing with the horses. The emotional flush of our evening together was still upon us and I invited her to accompany me to the Gun Show at the fair ground that I had planned to attend that day. She enthusiastically agreed.

She needed to tend her horses and freshen up at home so we arranged to meet nearby the show and only worry about parking my truck in the actual parking area.

My infatuation was confirmed I as fussed about like a teenager getting ready to go on his first date; I even stopped to clean the truck on my way into to the city to meet her. We met up at a café near the show, I was waiting for her in a booth with coffee for both of us. She walked through the door of the café looking simply amazing to my besotted mind; she gave me a sweet, quick kiss and we talked about my goals for the day while we drank our coffee.

The Gun Show was predictably a mess, actually worse than most convention show's I'd ever attended. The vendors were placed by bid and that was basically the only order to the layout. Food and strong drink were offered so lunch wouldn't be a problem, which was good news -- I was actually in the mood for a little bit of "county fair" food. Still, it was a noisy mess.

We set off to find my primary objectives, me holding her hand and leading her through the mass of people ranging from a farmer with manure on his boots to the guy in the decent business suit; we even had a very large contingent of folks walking around dressed up in battle-gear like they were heading into a firefight with the Taliban immediately after lunch.

I had four primary objectives for this shopping trip, firstly I wanted a good pump action 12-gauge for hunting. As with everything else I needed all the associated items including ammo, cleaning kit and sling. After that I wanted the other tools I was familiar with and they were pretty simple and all available under Oklahoma law. I intended to purchase an M16A2, an M1911A1, the shotgun and a 30.06 hunting rifle.

I wasn't and still am not a big gun guy, generally I consider them in the same context I consider my axes and chainsaws; I was here to purchase tools in my mind. I wanted my M16 and my M1911 to be basically new standard issue and with any luck they would simply live in my gun safe forever. My shotgun and hunting rifle should be works of art, I could afford it and that's the way I preferred it.

Our initial focus was on the M1911, finding a high-quality reproduction took a little time but I managed to find an example the weapon I had carried for so many years. The M16A2 took a little longer, everyone wanted to upsell me and make me battle ready. I ended up buying directly from Colt and I actually made my first splurge of the day and purchased a match grade rifle from them as well, it was a magnificent piece and I just decided to treat myself.

So far so good, so we decided to have lunch. The infatuated love birds that we were at that moment we got a little carried away, a few to many drinks and not enough actual lunch were consumed at that noon break. It was fun and by the time we returned to the buying floor we were tipsy and impulsive.

We returned to shopping.

Have you ever gone drunken Christmas shopping? That's when you have a few too many drinks and buy things for people you would never buy and you have a great time doing it. Then when you get home you look at everything and ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking".

Well, we went drunken gun shopping. It started with the shotguns; I wanted a simple pump action 12 gauge for bird hunting. Sadly, most of the offerings were militarized or camouflaged and I wanted a nice wood stock suitable for display as well as practical for use. Camouflaging a long gun seems stupid to me, the net effect is to disguise it as a leafy branch instead of a stick of wood.

Emmeran
Emmeran
356 Followers