11th December 1941

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harry then took over saying,

"At the same time a group of commando's led by me will sale in Berlin at the same time as the planes, because we'll be on foot, we're most likely be a little behind you, so if you've missed anybody, we'll finish the job and at the same time any intel we can find we'll then bring it back!"

Ryan sat still for a minute while he processed, Nerya asked,

"Okay if we're flying in, you have to have started at least a couple of day prior, what happens if you're stopped?"

Looking straight at Nerya Harry calmly replied,

"Then the job falls to you!!!"

"Won't you was rescuing sir?"

Harry sat back in his seat, he pulled out packet of Players, after offering them around, he lit one for himself then lit both Ryan and Nerya's he then took a suck after blowing the smoke out he finally replied,

"If we're stopped, we're simply dead, we won't take any paperwork, maps or anything to implement anyone or thing!"

"Well, that okay for you, but how do we get home afterwards... I mean you can't land, not in Germany, can you?"

Robin answered this, by saying,

"I thought vampires could fly?"

Ryan laughed at this, Harry really had had enough of his belittling he jumped up and was about to charge at the vampire, Robin was quick enough to jump up before his brother,

"Go and wait outside with Tom, Harry!!!"

Harry looked at Robin, he just grunted and walked out of the building leaving his brother with the coven leader.

Robin then turned towards the pair and said,

"Sorry, he is young and has a short temper..."

"You'd better tell him to chill before we meet again commander, if he's like it again, my coven won't be as forgiving as tonight!!!"

"I apologise, but at the same time we won't be able to land, I could fly over Berlin to wait for you, but that will be more than likely suicidal?"

"Robin, please give us a couple of days to think it over then, if you'd return, we're let you know our final decision!"

The commander slowly stood up, he then shook both vampires hands followed with a prompt salute,

"Thank you for your time, I'll return end of the week!"

He then turned and walked out of the building to a waiting Harry and Tommy who were both smoking while sitting in the car,

"How'd it go?"

Were the first words to greet the commander as he opened the passenger door and climbed into the back seat, he looked at the two and calmly replied,

"I've to come back at the end of the week to be given their final answer!"

"Sorry about losing my temper Rob!"

Robin looked toward his brother and smiled,

"It was a good job you went when you did, coz I was about to fly myself!!!"

All three chuckled while Tommy started the car and turning a three sixty drove back towards Winchester,

"I filled up while you were meeting so straight run to Plymouth, if they're bombing it might take a bit longer to get Harry back, but Rob, you and I will be sleeping in the car tonight!"

Neither brother replied, they just sat back and thought about what had just occurred and what was about to happen.

As Tommy drew closer to Plymouth harry suddenly announced,

"Tom, don't worry too much the Blitz seems to of cooled now, since May it hasn't been every night like London and Coventry... if you're lucky Hitler wont Blitz you hahaha!!!"

A little knocked poor Tommy, just grunted,

"Thanks Harry love you too!!!"

This seemed to release all the built up tension in the car from the meeting, all three actually found themselves laughing, but nobody really understood why.

As it turned out the three were lucky, no bombing that night, instead most folk living in the city were preoccupied with the Royal Navy and the treatment of wounded sailors from ships which had just docked other's concerned with repairing damaged vessels ready for their departure dates to go off on whatever mission the ship (s) were assigned. Even though the city was clear of bombing raids, they still continued with the 'Black outs' meaning the streets were pitch black and moving vehicles had filtered, dipped headlights, if you weren't used to it, you'd probably end up wrapped around a lamp post etc.

Robin and Harry talked together very quietly to allow Tommy the quietness which he could concentrate in,

"Harry, where d'you want dropping off pal?"

Harry leaned up to Tommy and looked out the window,

"Em... the same place you picked me up will be fine!"

"Harry, I'll call you end of the week to let you have Ryan's answer, okay?"

"Sure ... what d'you reckon, will he do it?"

Robin thought for a moment about Harry's question, finally just before Tommy stopped the car, he replied,

"Well bro, he'd better do it... if he knows what's good for him that is!"

Harry chuckled and then before jumping out the Austin the two brothers quickly hugged one another, Harry then slapped the back of Tommy's head and he called out,

"Cheers Tom, catch your later pal?"

Before Tommy could say or do anything Harry was gone and Robin was busily shutting the car door,

"Right Tom' let's find the nearest pub, and I'll buy you a pint before we start to head back!"

Tommy smiled, after the amount of driving he'd done that day, a pint would be more than nice, so off they drove out of Plymouth, Tommy searching for a pub' Robin thinking about what had happened that day and what it could mean, what extra work the plan could entail. Robin knew that he could rest a while and wait for the final agreement from the vampires, but he also knew that the more work set in motion, the better the desired results... the next thing Robin had to do was probably the hardest thing yet, explaining to his commander and to gain permission from above. 'but now, I need a pint' Robin thought to himself while leaning forward to find out if his friend and driver had found a pub.

The following day, Robin was due to fly that night, the craft his team used was the Avro Manchester, this was a two prop plane and they'd learnt to their cost on many cases the plane hand quite a few short comings, mostly concerned with the motors driving the plane. There had been news of a larger heavier bomber, but as yet all Robin knew was nothing, this meant they had to fly with the Manchester... despite the complications with the engines, the main short coming apart from actual distances the plane could cover, reaching Germany was almost impossible and actually Berlin was virtually out of the question. At the end of the day though the biggest problem so the craft now was nobody had any faith with it.

Apart from the motors another problem was its own protection Two 0.303in machine guns in nose, tail, and dorsal turrets. Avro Manchester had four guns in the rear turret. Up to 10,350 lb bombs. This had been proven too light a load, but the plane did have a crew of seven.

It was now the end of October and Robin had arranged an appointment to go face to face with the Squadron Leader, today Robin wanted to present his plans for the raid with the vampires instead of using it normal cargo load of ten thousand, three hundred and fifty pounds of bombs. Robin and Tommy wanted to work out how many could be flown in the bomb carriage, he really wanted to take just the one plane, but even just looking at the space Robin was beginning to come to terms that three planes might be required, this would mean three crews of seven this he knew could be an issue, but until Ryan and Nerya actually agreed to the raid nothing could be finally arranged, but getting the Squadron Leaders backing would be essential for the raid to move forward.

So, there Robin stood,

"Enter!"

He walked into the office the Squadron Leader, looked up, smiled, and said,

"Hello, commander, please take a seat... how can I be of service for you this afternoon?"

Robin placed his unopened folder on the Squadron Leaders desk.

"Sir, before I go into details, firstly did you read the report from Head Office about a meeting Hitler is to hold on twelfth of December in Berlin attendance will be the leaders?"

Robin looked across at the Squadron Leader, he prayed that the man had read the report, after a minutes silence,

"Yes, I read it Commander, it's all said and done, fantastic if we could get to it, but we haven't the number of kites needed to pull it off successfully!!!"

Robin open his folder and then after standing he walked across to the office blackboard, then turning and looking at the Squadron Leader,

"I understand your reasoning one hundred percent sir, but what would you say if I was to tell you we actually in fact have more than enough?"

The Squadron Leader, sat back into his chair, he crossed his arms, then looking at Robin he challenged the man,

"Okay Commander, amaze me?"

"Sir if we were to hold a raid big enough using conventional bombs, yes because of the problems we're having with precision and consistence, there currently isn't enough kites full stop... but my brother and I have came up with a plan to use no more than three Manchester's!"

At this point, the Squadron Leader unfolded his arms and lent onto his desk,

"Alright Commander, you've caught my interest... sell me your plan?"

Robin took a deep breath and then slowly exhaled to calm and prepare himself...

"Sir thank you, but please permit me an opportunity to completely run through the plan before you ask any questions?"

The Squadron Leader listened to Robin's request,

"That seems a very reasonable request commander... no!"

Robin turned around to face the board thinking to himself, 'bloody knew he was gonna say that... bet the shit will fire questions now just for the hell of it!!!'

"Alright commander, I said you had my interest, but you don't have all day... lets have your plan?"

"Sorry sir... as I previously stated my plan will contain no more than three Manchester's, and zero ordnances sir!!!"

The Squadron Leader jumped out of his chair and walked across to a small table with a decanter of water with a few glasses,

"Would you like a drink commander?"

"Please sir, could you leave it beside my folder sir?"

The Squadron Leader nodded his agreement, after placing the glass the Squadron Leader sat back down, looking at Robin, he asked,

"Commander, can you recap where we are please?"

"Yes sir of course, I plan to use two to three Winchesters without a bombload and I am aiming to kill Hitler and all the military leaders present at his meeting on the twelfth of December nineteen forty-one sir!!!"

"So, commander your planning to kill the German high command during a meeting due to be held in the Reich Chancellery, with just three Manchester's, but without a bombload?"

Robin sat back down in his chair, after taking a sip of water he replied,

"exactly sir..."

"Come on commander, it isn't the first of the month and I already know about the Manchester's short comings... so stop playing me a fool son?"

Robin smiled, the Squadron Leader was a little frustrated, but Robin knew he had the bosses full attention,

"Sir I plan to drop a coven of vampires from the planes and simultaneously a boat carry eight commando's led by Sargent Major Harry Mathews from company three commando's sir, the commando's will arrive just as the vampires leave to finish anything missed and collect anything which will be of use."

The Squadron Leader was dumbstruck he just sat in his chair while he processed what he'd just heard,

"If your commando brother manages to sail a boat all the way into Berlin, there will be no way they'll get home the same way, every bloody 'S' Boat in the entire country will be after them!"

Robin nodded his head agreeing,

"Sir I did say the complete job wasn't finished planning yet, but at the moment I'd like your agreement to move onto the next stage?"

The Squadron Leader sat up in his chair,

"If you can sort this plan out fully within the two months, your get the green light from me, plus I may have a bit of a surprise for you... come back beginning of November re that, but for everything else commander I want regular updates, I am sorry but you'll still need to fly your raids.

Before acknowledging the Squadron Leader, Robin sat in his chair looking somewhat deflated,

"What's the problem commander, you must have known I couldn't spare your kite from now until December, there is too much happening at the moment?"

Robin took a deep breath to clear his head,

"Permission to speak frankly Sir?"

The Squadron Leader closely examined the commander's actual body language, Robin being the rank he currently held, he was quite use to one to one meeting about something, The Squadron Leader, couldn't gauge anything on the young man,

"Permission granted Robin, what's your issue?"

Robin glanced back at the blackboard, he had items to remove, then a quick eye out the office window, finally he looked the Squadron leader in the eyes,

"Sir, I am surprised that you've not mentioned what I intend dropping on the Reich Chancellery, I thought the plan a little unusual to say the least?"

The Squadron Leader picked his glass up and took a couple of mouth falls, almost emptying the glass, after replacing the glass,

"Actually, using vampire to perform a specific task, isn't as unusual as you'd think... from what I know there's been at least four successful jobs using the night walkers since the outbreak of the war!"

"I didn't know sir, sorry!!!"

The Squadron Leader started laughing,

"Well, I would be well annoyed if you'd heard anything... come on commander, you know the rules, unless you need to know, you won't have any idea what's so ever!"

The Squadron Leader finished his warning as it clearly was, Robin removed the items he'd pinned to the wall,

"Commander, as it is, I have myself had quite a bit to do with the coven you're using, so I am fully abreast of all the itinerary at the moment, but as previously stated, I will want daily updates and any possible amendments to the job before they may have any effect on the desired outcome... understood?"

"One last question though commander if I may?"

'shit... what's he found?"

"Of course, sir, anything?"

After fetching another glass of water, the Squadron Leader sat on the edge of his desk,

"What made you choose that coven?"

Probably one of the simplest questions one would have thought to answer, totally through the commander... it took quite some time to formulate an answer,

"Well sir, to be honest it's the only coven I've had any prior dealings with... sir."

The Squadron Leader smiled and nodded his head as if to say he knew exactly what the commander somehow meant,

"Right commander what are your next steps... remembering this it is already the end of October, meaning you've only got just over two months?"

"Well sir, my part has that you're correct, but my brother's part of the plan has just a month before he leaves!"

This answer confused the Squadron Leader, he'd forgetting about the land part of this plan, glancing at the progressing time, and realising the commander was indeed flying that night,

"Please briefly explain commander, then you've gotta have a couple of hours down time?"

Robin chuckled to himself,

"We're only flying to Norway sir, but thank you yes, I do get what you're suggesting, the land based part isn't formulated one hundred percent as of yet sir, but Sargent Major Harry Mathews with a team of eight commando's will sail to Keil or Hamburg..."

"Commander before you seriously entertain this aspect of your plan, you must understand totally, sailing to Berlin direct is never going to happen!!!"

Robin could see the Squadron Leader's point, using his brother as planned was never going to work, and no matter what occurred it would be flight not sail.

"Thank you, Sir..."

Robin paused while standing, then once again looking at the Squadron Leader he continued,

"I will speak to my brother sir, and will cancel this aspect of the plan."

The Squadron Leader stood,

"Your be saving the commando's life commander, they won't like it, but I am sure they'll understand your decision at the end of the day!!!"

The two men then saluted one another, Robin about turned and marched out of the office, walking back to his office, 'I'll call Harry tomorrow after the job tonight.' As it was that's night raid wasn't Norway, instead it was a smallish raid in France, this was after the largest raids to date on Berlin had been on the 7th/8th of September, this raid had seen some one hundred and ninety seven planes, and what had surprised everybody was that only fourteen planes had been lost.

Even so, everybody was fully aware that when America were probably in the war larger raids would be more a common event.

"Hello, is that you Harry?"

"Yeah, you old man, what can I do for you?"

Robin was dreading the following aspect of the phone call to his younger brother, he'd put it off pretty much all day until Tommy had asked what Harry thought about the changes,

"Harry, I had meeting with the Squadron Leader yesterday and..."

After pausing to clearly phrase, Robin continued.

"The Squadron Leader said that your trying to sail to Berlin, and then return the same way, well it'll be impossible..."

"Yeah, I was talking it over with the major, it's not going to , work Rob, plus I've got other stuff coming up similar time!"

"look Harry, you stay safe whatever you get up to right, and remember call me if you need anything?"

"Ditto Kido back at your, see ya!"

After replacing the handset Robin turned about in his chair,

"I didn't hear you come in!"

Tommy sat opposite the boss,

"Well how did that go Robin?"

Robin chackled first then after looking at the time on the clock against the wall,

"The little bleeder had finally arrived at the same point as I did last night!"

Tommy smiled himself, so everything id alright between you then?"

Robin jumped up from his chair, then walking around his desk he said,

"Yeah... fancy a pint, my shout?"

Tommy smiled and stood saying,

"Well, I'll never turn down a free pint, we staying on the field of going for a ride?"

Robin had a little mischief in his eyes,

"Let's visit the Grown, I think Jane is working this evening!"

"Don't forget your hat commander!"

"Okay Sarg, don't forget to close the door!"

The two then chuckled as they walked to the staff car park, Tommy had the Austin now assigned to him permanently, walking around the car Robin looked across to Tommy,

"How you doing for petrol?"

Tommy stopped, he looked over the car at Robin,

"I haven't a clue, didn't refill it after the little trip we did!"

"Well, better stop on your way, don't forget Winchester end of the week?"

"I hadn't forgotten commander!"

Once the two were seated in the car, Tommy looked into his rear view at Robin, as the two couldn't be heard outside he added,

"Your becoming an old woman, Robin!!!"

Robin didn't reply, instead his left hand was raised showing the 'V' sign.

"Yeah, and you know it hahaha".

The two men laughed, after the call Robin was able to breathe again, after leaving the airfield it was a reasonably short ride to the pub, no more than six to eight miles, it was a popular public house with all the men from the local airfield, but as of yet it hadn't been taken over with the American servicemen, but everybody knew that would come soon enough. Tommy easily parked the car in the carpark which was actually behind the actual building. To enter the building itself was a quick walk through the pub garden which had the customary tables for occupants to use when the weather was indeed warmer than this evening.

"Tom, if Jane's working this evening, don't say anything about the raid... okay?"

Tommy started to laugh, until he turned and saw the expression on his friends face, after shutting up, he just nodded and replied.

123456...9