14 Months 06: January

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you read the contract, it's pretty standard aside of the few limits Sophie requested," Darius shrugged as if this wasn't a big deal. In the grand scheme of things he thought to himself, it wasn't. "Go on with your stipulations," he said magnanimously as if he were in charge of this meeting rather than it being a three-sided negotiation.

"First, if I am in, I am in until the end," he paused and waited but Darius said nothing and Sophie just looked at him curiously. "Second, I want it all, including the girlfriend experience, and although we can negotiate how that will look and play out, I won't be a third wheel," he paused again and looked between the two of them, but they seemed to let him get on with it without interruptions. "Third, I had planned to give money to Mimi for her performance in the challenges, and I will happily give that money to Sophie essentially doubling her monthly allowance and any bonus's she receives if my conditions are met."

Sophie gasped her eyes flying wide at the mention of doubling everything she earned. She wouldn't interrupt, but just the thought of it made her eager to explore whether this arrangement could work. It was less than a year that remained in the game, and if she could make it to the end, she would be richer than she could have believed and be able to live and do what she wanted, where she wanted without having to worry so much about the sustainability of her dream.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you. Please go on," Sophie said, settling back into the couch again feeling their scrutinising gazes lift from her as Zander drew a breath.

"There will need to be changes to Sophie's team, effective immediately, starting with getting rid of her trainer. He trains Stella more than Sophie and runs with her leaving Sophie to languish with Layla who can barely walk the distance when I know Sophie wants to run. I have idea's about how to fix that situation, but we will need to speak to Conner first. The trainer I had for Mimi is good and can step in and trust me Stella's flirtations won't entice that woman. Sophie deserves a trainer who is focused on her and her alone. Now that I have a say in the matter, we need to find a partner who will run with Sophie and make Stella regret ever trying to sabotage her game," Zander said trying to rein in his anger at Parker again. He wasn't in the position to make the call yet, but he knew Darius would take his words seriously and get rid of the man, he knew what was happening.

"Done," Darius spoke in a growl, unhappy about Zander's take on Parker and his neglect of the woman he was being paid to train. "What else?"

"Margaret is great at what she does. I have no complaints about her remaining on the team. From what I have seen so far, the stylists are good at their job, but I haven't had to deal with them personally, so I will withhold my judgement on them which brings us to Trent and Susan," he paused. "Trent is loyal to you as my man is to me, I suggest they work side by side to begin with and see if they can work out some sort of job-share arrangement, so we are both in the loop and getting the same information rather than creating a fuck up for Sophie in the confusion."

"We can try that on a temporary basis," Darius nodded understanding now that Zander needed control as much as he did and was finding this type of arrangement just as hard as he was. The fact that he had not just been here to watch over Sophie until Darius returned while carrying on with his own life, Zander had obviously become invested in Sophie and her place within the game. "I have doubts about Susan remaining, but she won't go quietly, and to this point, she has done nothing to break her contract, maybe a job share situation, like with the assistants would suffice until we can work out the details."

"We could tell her it was the new rules. No one has done what we are attempting to do in the game before. There is no precedent. The contracts would end if you and Sophie were out of the game. Well, you are out, albeit temporarily, we could use that to end it if she argued being replaced," Zander suggested.

"I would like Susan to stay, job share if you have to, but I would like her to stay please," Sophie said quietly. She was the only person she had ever seen stand up to Darius, and she didn't want to lose her, just in case she needed to make plans of her own at some stage if this all got out of hand.

"I guess I could live with a job share arrangement," Zander shrugged and looked to Darius who nodded. "The rest of the nuts and bolts we can work out as we go along but as far as the contract goes that's what I want. Your turn," he said as he settled back into his chair and tried to be as calm and accepting as Darius had been of his words.

"First, I have some things to say to you as my brother," Darius began. He'd had some time to take in what he had been told about what Zander had done after he had been injured at the ball and over the week since then and he knew he owed his brother his thanks if nothing else and he was determined to show him that he was not such an arrogant prick that he took it for granted. He had thought she would have been checked on by his brothers, but Zander had gone above and beyond, and after hearing him, talk, Darius knew he had become invested in Sophie well before today and the announcement that he could second for him

Zander quirked a brow. This could go either way. Darius might be mad that he had taken the liberty of taking control of Sophie and her team this week without being asked or he could be royally pissed that he wanted the whole contract with Sophie as it was, and equal to Darius himself.

"I only found out today that Sophie didn't get a pass on the last dances of the Ballroom challenge and that it was you who got her out of that room and calm enough to complete the challenge so that she wouldn't get disqualified," Darius admitted. "I had assumed and didn't bother to ask, so I owe you my gratitude, brother. Even that video you sent me, I know you made to spur me into recovering faster if only to get home so I could punch you for having to prove a point even when everything else had gone to shit," Darius shook his head and gave a half chuckle.

"I was right," Zander chuckled with him. "You can't deny it in the face of the evidence."

"You were right in that it was what I needed to see. I needed to know Sophie was still okay after everything she had witnessed and without me there to protect her," Darius admitted. "I was also told you have been here full time this week and barely sleep because you know she has nightmares about it all and that you watch over her every night as well." He saw Zander give a quick look at Sophie who was staring at him with wide eyes. He hadn't told her he watched her at night as well and his gratitude to his brother rose again. He had done it all without knowing that he would be asked to stay and assist with Sophie's challenges.

"You see, I'm not sure I could negotiate to share my contract with someone who hadn't done so much and proven that he cares for her in the way you have over the last week and longer if I am honest. So, I can agree to your terms although it will take time to find a balance between the three of us. Neither of us is known for our willingness to share our personal pleasures in life, but I will try to compromise as you seem to be doing."

"Well, Fuck," Zander said, running his fingers through his hair. "I expected more of an argument or debate than that," he admitted.

"I have only ever wanted to keep her safe and happy and with me. I didn't want to leave her for even a night over Christmas, and I don't know how this is going to work, but you're willing, and I would be the biggest arsehole in the world if I didn't at least try. Until I am cleared to compete again, you are the one that can ensure that she has fun while competing in challenges while I watch, but I want to be involved as much as possible. That's my stipulation. I'm injured not weak or incapable of being involved at all," he said with determination in his voice that stressed that he would not budge on this point. He would still be involved in every decision where Sophie was concerned.

The truth was that Darius had expected a fight, argument and debate not necessarily in that order but it seemed that Zander never intended to take her away from him but wanted to share her and the responsibilities that went along with keeping her in the challenge for as long as they possibly could. That fact along with the gratitude he felt that Sophie hadn't been disqualified and that no other Alliance member could challenge her on that fact was all he needed to compromise so easily and speak as calmly as he had.

"Done," Zander said. To him, it was a given that Darius would have ridden him hard for any and all information where Sophie was concerned, so it was an easy stipulation to give his agreement on.

"Your turn Angel," Darius said softly turning to look at where she sat alone on the couch between the two men in their armchairs. "What is it you want from this, if you choose this option?"

"Wait! What other options have you given her?" Zander scowled hating that he was left out of their initial conversation but grateful that Darius had taken the time to forewarn her at the same time.

"Darius told me I could run, take what I have earned so far and try to hide not only from the Alliance but Frankie Calabrese's family who are looking for me. I'm not sure about that but twice now people have mistaken me for a woman that I'm not so I can only take his word for it," she said quietly looking at Zander and then at Darius as if for confirmation. "Or I could take the loophole and call Byron as he would put me in a safe house and protect me until they would work out why that woman's family were so interested in me," again she paused to look at them both.

"Both are options," Zander agreed reluctantly. "Not ones you are considering, I hope."

"She has the right to know what her options are and that neither you nor I would trap her into any contract or situation she didn't want," Darius said hoping Zander would pick up on the word trapped and let the options stand for consideration as Sophie worked it out for herself that they were not good options in any way, shape or form.

"Sorry go on, the third option?" Zander sat back again trying to relax despite the horror he felt that she might choose to leave now that he had tasted her kiss for himself.

"The third option is what you have been discussing with Darius," she sighed. "It's no secret that I signed on to play the game and get the money I need to be able to make a life for myself after this. I didn't know Darius when I signed on, and I don't know you that well either all I can go on is your actions since meeting you," she pointed out to Zander knowing that Darius was aware of how she judged people. "The money alone is enough to tempt me into believing this is the best option for me but," she paused and swallowed. "How would it work exactly? Would we all live here? At Zander's house? Would I have to divide my time between you both equally or..." she ran out of ways to ask the obvious question.

"I'm not trying to split the two of you up. Any fool can see how much you care for each other," Zander said into the silence that followed her words. "I expect it would be easiest to all live together, either house is big enough, but I would not make you move away from the music room you love so much." She smiled at that and Zander could see the relief in Darius's shoulders. "That doesn't mean I'm not going to want alone time with you and I am sure Darius feels the same but if we are all honest with each other about how we feel we can work it out."

Darius's phone blipped in the middle of the small table that sat between them, and he looked at it.

"Looks like the others have started arriving. I'll get Asher to keep them busy 'til we're done. None of them knows of the deal yet I expect," Darius grumbled at the interruption he wanted Sophie to have the time to think and ask as many questions as she needed to in order to be comfortable with the situation and the new contract.

"I guess I was asking more specifically about the umm, sleeping arrangements?" she blushed and looked down in her hands. The thought of two such big men wanting her and invading her body at the same time both scared her and aroused her in equal measure.

"The aforementioned alone time," Zander said and then quirked a teasing lip. "Unless Darius is willing to install a bigger custom-made bed for the three of us and we make a pact to keep sex outside the bedroom until we are all comfortable being in there together."

"That could be arranged," Darius agreed. "If that was what you wanted. It's your choice Sophie, all of this and you have time to think even though we are on a deadline. Zander and I can make up a contract from what we have agreed upon so far this afternoon when the others leave tonight, and you can have the morning to go over it before making the decision." That would mean she was still his alone tonight and he planned to make the most of it. "Or like the last time, we can go over it together line by line, so you know exactly what you are signing and what it means for you."

"Yes, please," she nodded. She had a lot to think about and fell silent for a moment before lifting her head as if just remembering something and turning to Zander. "Did you mean what you said about finding me another partner to run with and talking to Connor about doing the same for Layla?"

"Yes. What Stella did was underhanded and mean but what Parker did in encouraging her instead of looking out for your best interest was reprehensible. Fire him tonight Darius or I will in the morning," Zander said letting him know he wouldn't be moved on this issue.

"I'm in full agreement with you," Darius nodded. "You can start feeling out other partnerships this afternoon if you want to give her the best chance at dealing out a little payback. Everyone underestimates our little Angel, but that will change. Let me know if you need me to do anything aside from getting rid of Parker and send through your trainer's details to me."

"Thank you," she said quietly. "But I would like to explain to Layla that I am not doing to her the same thing Stella did to me when you talk to Connor, please." They were talking as if she had already agreed to stay and sign the contract and truthfully it was the best option, but the dread and anticipation of taking on two demanding and controlling boyfriends at once made her question her sanity at even contemplating it.

"That's understandable, why don't we invite them to dinner tonight?" Darius said being as placating as possible in the face of possibly losing her.

"Sounds good," Zander agreed. He was concerned that during this meeting, she had lost that sassy little spark in her demeanour and words. He would talk to Darius about whether it was just the gravity of the situation or if she was often like this when not in the social situations where he had normally interacted with her beyond this week.

"If you could write it up and go through it with me in the morning, that should give me enough time to consider all three options. Sophie knew little about Byron or the council, but she couldn't believe for one moment that being locked up in a safe house would be in her best interests, so it was this or run and if she planned to run, Susan was probably the only person that would dare to defy Darius and help her if she needed it. She hoped that Darius would call a team meeting tonight or first thing in the morning to tell them about the possible changes in her contract.

*****

The afternoon wore on as the six brothers sat in Darius'office and discussed what had occurred on the plane ride home and the options Darius and Zander had given Sophie. It was agreed that it was time to bring Bart Roberts and Rob Loxley in on the council's involvement and interest in the girls since Asher had confirmed the other two girls also had links to the underworld families and were being watched carefully during the challenges.

Darius and Zander both suggested dinner the following night to gather the group together. That way they could speak with Connor and Layla about the run and possibly feel out Samuel about the race since Rob had already agreed to run with David and Stella. They would also feel out some of the other men entered in the game this year to find her a partner just as determined as she was. The brothers had left before dinner sensing that Darius and Zander still had details to work out amongst themselves and agreed to attend the next night with their partners.

Asher was reluctant to leave. He didn't like that the bonds were already growing stronger between Darius and Zander as they gave each other meaningful looks or raised eyebrows during the night without saying anything or backing each other up when disagreements arose. He didn't like feeling on the outside of things where Darius was concerned. They had been a dynamic duo since they were thirteen and even though he would never admit it out loud, he needed that special bond. Without it, he had to stand on his own without the unconditional love and acceptance, Darius had always shown him despite how frustrated and angry his other brothers became with him.

He wanted to talk to Darius but wasn't sure how to express what he was feeling. He stayed for dinner when no one else had and felt the chasm widening as the two other men spoke without details about the contract, they needed to write up that night and the plans they needed to start working on for Sophie's revised team and the next set of challenges. After dinner, Ash left planning on returning the next day with a clearer idea of how to approach his brother.

"I missed my practice today, so if you gentlemen don't mind, I think I will go play for a little while before bed," Sophie announced standing from the table and for once not trying to hip check Margaret in order to take her own plate to the kitchen.

"We'll probably be up pretty late," Darius admitted wanted nothing more than to take his Angel and head to that bed with her right then and there. His throat hurt from all the use it had this afternoon and exhaustion was weighing heavily on him.

"The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be done," Zander said looking between the couple and knowing they needed some time to reconnect properly. "Truthfully the original only needs a couple of tweaks here and there. We aren't changing much aside of the money you will receive and the team assisting you."

"Possibly the fact that I will be..." she bit her lip stifling a smile as she glanced at Darius. "That I will have two boyfriends."

"You can say the word fucking in front of Zander," Darius laughed easily surprising her. "He might look like a shy little petal, but trust me, he is difficult to offend. I'll reiterate because I am pretty sure Zander will agree that what we will pay you for is to be at our beck and call twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for training, the events and the challenges. We'll pay you to look the way we would like you to look and wear the wardrobe we provide. We'll pay you to put up with our work schedules and missed events due to business dealings or our brothers. We'll pay you to compete in the challenges given by the Alliance and give you bonuses if you win. The fucking, as you put it so eloquently last time we went through this together, will be a bonus and for all intents and purposes over the next year, you will get double that bonus with two men to satisfy your needs," Darius said letting his mouth quirk up in a half-smile as Sophie shook her head remembering the conversation well and how the team that was present at the time choked on their lunches when he had said it.